Is this your business? Claim this listing
• Customize your Storefront with your business info
• Network with and learn from other professionals
• Showcase your work with photos & videos
• Collect reviews from your clients and build more credibility

36 Reviews for Padre Ryan Photographic

Matted Prints (1)
Prints (1)
Proofs (1)
36 Padre Ryan Photographic Reviews

We hired Padre Ryan for our Port Aransas wedding reception in October 2017 and it was amazing! Brewer is seriously awesome - she is so energetic and she truly cares about providing the absolute best experience for her clients. We had an amazing time at our reception - the beach was gorgeous, the layout was exactly what I wanted, and the BBQ dinner was delicious! The bonfire was awesome and I loved the s'mores. I wish I could relive the day again! Brewer is also very flexible and responsive. Earlier in the week we thought for sure it was going to rain on our wedding day, and she was patient and accommodating while I found a backup location. She met us the day before on the beach and at our backup location, to scope out both spots. We were so fortunate that the rain held off. Brewer and her team picked up the flowers and our wedding cake and delivered them to our cottage the day of the wedding, which was so helpful. She was also a huge help after Hurricane Harvey hit and we had to scramble a bit to find other accommodations for our guests. Last but not least, when our officiant had to cancel due to the hurricane, she was able to find us another officiant at the last minute (her sister, who was lovely!). Always in Bloom provided the flowers and they were gorgeous! We also added photography to our package, and Philip really seemed to know what he was doing. He was very responsive and flexible and arrived on time - I can't wait to see the pictures!

Profile Picture Camille, 10/21/17, 3 Reviews
Category: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Flowers, Officiant, Photography
Services Used: One Event/Day
2.0

Would never recommend this company for wedding photography needs.

Profile Picture User7973290, 1+ year ago, 1 Review
0.5

Waiting for a refund. I agreed to remove my bad review for two weeks as I await a check. I cant figure out how to remove though.

Profile Picture User7629127, 1+ year ago, 1 Review
3.3

I had my wedding through them in June 2016. My wedding planners Brewer and Rae were both very sweet, however on the actual day everything went wrong. It wasn't necessarily their fault, but I did not like that they switched wedding planners on me one month away from my wedding date. They play their ceremony music using Bluetooth and when it came time for it to play, someone was hacking our bluetooth. Padreryan knows this is a possibility so I advised them to take precautions and have an aux cord as a back up in the future. The ceremony was around 45 mins late. The worst part of this all was the DJ. I had a dj named Steven and he DID NOT stick to the genre of music I wanted. I even had SPECIFIC song requests beforehand and he did not play them. He also did not take requests at the reception unless it was by the bride (me.) I was talking with him more than I was able to with my guests. I did complain and Padreryan upgraded my photo album as a way to make it up to me. I accepted because I was done with them. It is now October, and I am still awaiting my photo album. Note that if they say they need 30-45 days for something, they will take the full 45 days+. Lana was my photographer and she was good, yet she was about 45 mins late. Overall I would NOT recommend padreryan as this is supposed to be your ONE special day, and mine was ruined because they didn't take those extra precautions.

Profile Picture User7358532, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony Music, DJ, Officiant, Photography, Wedding Planning

Had a great experience with photo sessions, bridal and wedding. Photo booth was a hit at the wedding and they immediately posted a video and photos. The dj did excellent job also played everything we asked for and more

Profile Picture Teri, 3/19/16, 1 Review
Category: DJ, Event Rentals & Photobooths, Photography
2.1

We wish we would have realized that when you bundle up something like this, most likely something is going to lack. The most saddening thing is that we had to find that out the hard way after we were married (2016). We requested only a few special things: video of the groom & bride first looks, each of us getting ready, and of the live band. The footage of us getting ready was primarily of the groom and a little amount of the bride. The other things were basically absent. We only have the staged ones with our families and a little bit outside, that we ended up taking by adding an extra hour to our package that night. The overall video quality and what was captured left a lot to be desired. We reluctantly approved the video. Multiple meetings we scheduled ended up being late or completely forgotten about. When we approved our photo albums, months went by with no communication; we finally found out that they were made wrong and had to be made again only after we reached out to them. Which, we now had to do a whole other approval process. Despite the numerous issues, the owner FINALLY got all of our items to us a year after the wedding (2017). Would not recommend this company in the slightest.

Profile Picture User7927436, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: DJ, Photography, Videography

Loved this company! They were so professional and flexible and creative. They were willing to work with me and came up with some beautiful poses and pictures!

Profile Picture Chasta, 12/6/15, 2 Reviews
Services Used: Digital Files

We used Padre Ryan for our wedding photography needs (engagements, bridals and "day of" wedding photos) after a highly praised recommendation from a friend who was also using Padre Ryan for their wedding. We couldn't be happier with Ryan and his team's attention to detail, down to earth personalities and genuine interest in delivering exactly what we wanted. Not to mention, Padre Ryan traveled 3 hours each way to photograph each significant event in our lives. Thank you, thank you, thank you for capturing beautiful moments of our special day that flew by way too fast! We highly recommend their services!!!!

Profile Picture Carmen, 12/5/15, 2 Reviews
Category: Photography
Services Used: Albums, Canvas, Digital Files, Matted Prints, Prints, Proofs, One Event/Day, Second Shooter, Engagement Shoot, High-Res Images, Multi. Locations

We were so impressed with Wayne and Brewer. Our initial wedding date was going to be rained out, and because it was a beach wedding, it would have been a disaster. We had family and friends driving in from Houston and did not want them sitting in the rain. I requested the wedding be moved to the next day on Sunday and they were happy to do so. The wedding was beautiful, the sun was out and the sky was blue! Great people to work with and our day was perfect.

Profile Picture Angela, 11/8/15, 1 Review
Category: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Ceremony Music, Event Rentals & Photobooths, Flowers, Officiant, Party Supplies, Wedding Planning

Padre Ryan created my DREAM wedding! I am so so very thankful that I chose this company to plan and coordinate my wedding day. First off I'd like to say that my wedding coordinator, Brewer, was phenomenal! She has amazing energy, great taste and is a beautiful person. She listened to all of my bridezilla requests for months and she nailed it! She went above and beyond to create this image that I had in my mind. I don't know how she did it, I mean to plan a wedding at a site that I've never even seen, working with someone that I've never met in person - - and wow I wish I could post pictures of the amazing work that she did because the ceremony site that she created was so beautiful that it brought tears to my eyes when we pulled up. It was something out of a magazine! Thank you Brewer - you rock!
Meredith - an employee at Padre Ryan recommended a venue for me for my reception and again WOW - I had the most beachy, shabby-chic reception with the most fabulous food! It was perfect!
I also went through Padre Ryan for my photography and David our photographer was super cool and awesome! It wasn't stressful - the photos flowed but didn't take too much time away from the wedding events! Thank you David!
Ryan himself even called me personally to ensure that his team was doing an amazing job and that right there says a lot about the company. They truly care. And I felt like at that moment that they were there to make my wedding day magical, they weren't just there to make a profit.
Padre Ryan I can't thank you enough for making my day absolutely perfect!

Christine and Nick and baby Lyla Belle

Profile Picture Christine , 10/3/15, 2 Reviews
Category: DJ, Flowers, Officiant, Photography, Wedding Planning
4.7

I have to say (despite the rain and having to do it indoors) the wedding turned out magical. I couldn't have had a more perfect wedding. It was better than I pictured. They did an amazing job. Wayne was great! Chris the photographer did a spectacular job. The official for the wedding (for the life of me can't remember his name) was also amazing!! The decorations, the ceremony, reception, photo booth, food, all of it, right down to the little details turned out great!

Profile Picture Hollis, 9/11/15, 1 Review
Category: Photography

My photographers name was Steve and he really was amazing! He took the time to get to know me and us as a couple. He showed us pics as he went along and truly tried to capture every moment. He is very passionate about what he does. I found let be happier with his services!

Profile Picture Tiffany, 5/2/15, 5 Reviews
Category: Photography

Photographer was amazing. My wedding pictures are gorgeous!

Profile Picture Krystal, 5/2/15, 1 Review
Category: Photography

We hired Padre Ryan for a PROM. I was 110% satisfied with the services rendered. We purchased the DJ/Photobooth option and were given a great price and taken extremely good care of. I would, without hesitation recommend this Company to any friend, family member or co-worker for their event.

Profile Picture Desiree, 4/18/15, 1 Review
Category: Event Rentals & Photobooths, Photography
3.0

Bottom Line: They do great photography.

We worked with them for both our engagement photos and our wedding photography. We worked with Crystal and Sam on the day of the wedding and we absolutely love every picture we received.

The only big negative we have is the timeliness/responsiveness in getting our photos. With both our engagement and wedding photos, we were given one date that they'd be ready by, then that date would roll past us, then we'd be given another date and that too rolled by. The reason given is that editing takes longer, but I feel like it may be because they are a growing a wedding planning business and that is taking a lot of time.

*Update November 24, 2014 at 3:07 PM*
Upon seeing this review, I was contacted by Ryan Murphy via email stating he felt the review was "unfair and unwarranted". When I further clarified my reasoning for what I feel is a fair rating of what was a 3.8 out of 5, he continued to email me disputing not only my claims, but included "Perhaps I am wrong in writing this but I hope that in your line of work that if you are behind because of circumstances beyond your control that you aren’t judged quite so harshly as we were in this review."

Let's be clear, in any work situation, if you are given a deadline from a boss or vendor and they repeatedly do not meet that deadline, yes you are judged and reprimanded. Due to these further interactions, I am also reducing the rating of their professionalism and do not recommend anyone do business with this company.

Profile Picture Paige, 10/18/14, 3 Reviews
Category: Photography

I'm not a picture taker, as a matter of fact, I hat having my picture taken. My photogs were on it! They were very professional even though I was making their job difficult. They mingled in quite seamlessly, I wasn't aware of them during the ceremony; however, the pictures were absolutely beautiful. They were very stealthy and got a lot of great shots! Book them!

Profile Picture Rae, 10/12/14, 4 Reviews
0.5

I look back on Padre Ryan's with complete disgust. I still had hope (yrs after) that they would come thru, do the right thing & offer us a refund - nope. Apparently other people have gotten a refund. I will contact the BBB unless a refund is issued. They should step up & take accountability for their actions. We paid an additional $200 to get wedding insurance which was suggested per Padre Ryans contract. On our drive to Texas I called to make sure the videographer had been booked. I felt like the communication up to our wedding day was lacking. She could still book the videographer with one catch - he needed to be paid in full. We basically drove down to Texas with pennies in our pocket & gas gift cards to pay our way. We barely scraped up enough money to pay for that videographer. Expensive, but well worth it (so we thought anyway). They didn't check out our beach location ahead of time. We show up to find that our location had been washed away by coastal flooding. Melanie showed up late & we barely had time to find a new spot. 30mins away we found one, had a very quick confusing rehearsal, had to postpone our rehearsal dinner & was told some vendors couldn't make it to the new location. Wedding day: They couldn't get the tent up, then it blew down, they got it up, blew down again. They told us there was another tent already set up from another vendor but we would hafta pay $250 to use it! We agreed but then we're told it wouldn't work & needed a backup location. My mom's living room?! I was then told that they DROPPED OUR CAKE. The catered food was cold & had to be re-heated in my mom's oven. The ceremony was 2hrs late, due to a terrible officiant I almost got married to my stepdad & after the ceremony I realized there was no videographer. He helped carry in chairs but then left?! They knew it was a disaster, told us they were leaving, doing nothing more so we could claim more wedding insurance. KICKER: our wedding insurance claim was denied. Thanks Padre Ryan.

Profile Picture Sara, 9/27/14, 1 Review
Services Used: Digital Files

Wonder and went above and beyond to try and help when my hair and makeup lady was not showing up. Even went to the extent to hurry her along when she finally did show up so I didn't have to hardly say a word. They were wonderful. Everyone loved Laura and her professionalism. Sam was awsome and everyone enjoyed him as well. He was excellent at playing the songs we asked. Could not have gotten a better crew thank you all so very much.

Profile Picture nivea, 8/23/14, 1 Review
Category: DJ, Photography

The photography staff at Padre Ryan were INCREDIBLE!!!! They were so creative and professional throughout my wedding experience. It was nice to know that I had one less thing to worry about on my wedding day- they made me feel beyond comfortable about the photos. They caught every important moment and I'm glad that I can look back on my special day and have all of those moments preserved perfectly!

Profile Picture Sarah, 6/21/14, 2 Reviews
Category: Photography

Ryan and Melanie were our wedding photographers and we were very glad that we chose Padre Ryan photography to capture our wedding days ! They were very professional, flexible, accommodating and had great attention to detail.
Ryan came to see us a few days before the wedding, to discuss the schedule of events and specific photographs that we wanted. In addition, over the two days, they took thousands of additional shots, to capture the whole ambience of the two days, and were always available when we asked for particular shots on the spur of the moment.
They both blended effortlessly into the days, and made themselves part of the wedding, whilst maintaining their professionalism and taking great photos and video footage.

Profile Picture Nammi & Marcus, 4/22/14, 2 Reviews
Category: Photography

I have always been skeptical of any business I do not have personally recommended by friends or family.. But I must say , I was VERY pleased with the outcome of my beach wedding! They were very accomodating and flexible to meet our needs. I was very pleased, thank you Ryan and Aileen for working with us and against the elements to make our wedding as stress free and satisfying to our standards!

Profile Picture Ruben, 3/9/14, 1 Review
Category: Officiant, Photography, Unique Services (Other), Wedding Planning

Did a great job with our pictures and the video is great! A little bit slow on the turnaround time after the wedding was over, but that's what happens with a growing business, I guess. Ryan is very professional and does everything he can to make everything perfect.

Profile Picture User4257669, 2+ years ago, 4 Reviews
Category: Photography

It was a complete delight to work with Ryan, he was very attentive to my every concern and or question, I had from the first time we spoke up until the week my photo disk was mailed. I would call and ask questions that I am sure were redundant but he was very patient with me. The day of the event went smoothly and we are very happy with the finished product of his photography of our special day. We would wholeheartedly recommend him to anyone planning an event that requires photography.

Profile Picture Nitsia, 11/16/13, 1 Review
Category: Photography

I searched for photographers that had flexibility and a per hour charge as our wedding was a small intimate one and we did not require a full day of photography. I found Ryan and he met the original expectations and then far exceeded them with the photos he took. I was pretty open and vague with what I wanted, other than I wanted to capture the ceremony and family groups. He made suggestions and really turned what I pictured into something great that I know will be treasured for years to come. My only criticism is the lack of proactive communications. The pictures and CD were provided later than expected, and I understand why, however an e-mail before hand would have been appreciated. When I communicated with him he responded promptly. The ceremony started later than scheduled, however that did not stop Ryan from ensuring that all requested pictures were taken and then some. I really appreciate the time and calmness he eluded during the hustle & bustle of trying to wrangle in family members to capture pictures perfectly and quickly! The pictures are OUTSTANDING!!! Ryan is truly an artist when it comes to capturing pictures and moments. In many of the pictures my husband and I were talking and laughing while posing. Ryan made it very easy to feel comfortable within the pictures and not stiff or posed.

Profile Picture Shilah, 10/12/13, 2 Reviews
Category: Photography

Ryan Murphy with Padre Ryan Photographic is so easy to work with!! Being a bride who doesn't love attention, he really helped me to feel comfortable and natural. Couldn't be happier with the engagement session and bridal session as well as the wedding photos! He is willing to work long hours to ensure you get all of those special memories captured and is so quick at responding to phone calls or emails! We got very lucky with finding him!

Profile Picture Krista, 10/5/13, 1 Review