15 Reviews for Pulama

I cannot more enthusiastically recommend Pulama. Their beautiful performance during and just-after our wedding ceremony set the perfect tempo and mood for the event. Composed/experienced professionals, Pulama performed flawlessly even when faced with playing much longer than expected and needing to adapt to the other (multiple!) limitations of our venue. Pulama was key in helping us incorporate music that had personal meaning to us, even offering to learn/adapt new music for us. I knew we had picked the perfect group when a guest approached me afterwards (an experienced musician) and said, "I've heard a lot of hawaiian bands, but they're VERY GOOD!"

Profile Picture Paul, 10/26/13, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony Music

Jim and Paula were wonderful! A lot of the wedding guest commented on how much they enjoyed the music. They helped make the day perfect! Thanks again!!!!

Profile Picture Kathleen, 8/3/13, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony Music

Jim and Pulama went above and beyond. They came to the venue a couple weeks before the big day just to get familiar with the area, demo different songs to see which ones we wanted for our wedding, they even added/learned new songs to their set because they had sentimental value to us. These guys came to the rehearsal and practiced the timing of the music with the ceremony and first dance. Their professionalism is the best I've ever seen. The quality of their music is amazing. They had us crying with the purity of the vocals and instruments, they set the exact romantic under the sea mood we wanted. They made all our guests feel like they were on the islands, one of our dear friends whose actually Hawaiian royalty said he felt like he was home. We can't thank you guys enough! You truly made our wedding unique and amazing and filled with so much love!! mahalo nui loa :)

Profile Picture Alisha, 8/3/13, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony Music

Jim and Paula are an amazing team. They were pleasant and friendly and their Hawaiian music was just perfect for my Hawaiian theme. They went above and beyond for me by allowing my dad to play music with them. Thanks guys! You are the best!

Profile Picture Brooke, 10/29/11, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony Music

If I could give them more than 5 I would. We absolutely loved them. From beginning to end, they were the best. They just made us feel at ease. They worked with us, and did such an amazing job. I would recommend them to everyone. I just cannot say how WONDERFUL they are.

Profile Picture Shoshana, 10/10/10, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony Music

I would highly recommend Pulama if you want high quality Hawaiian style music. Jim and Paula were very professional. About 2 months before the wedding they met with us to look at the wedding venue and talk about the songs we wanted played. We must have spent two hours with them. They brought a possible list of songs and played and sang for us. It was a wonderful experience. The day of the wedding they came early to set up. Everyone at the wedding and reception loved them. If you use Pulama, you are in for a truly exceptional experience.

Profile Picture Carolyn, 7/24/10, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony Music

The music was fabulous. My husband's family is from Hawaii, and they were very impressed with the performance, thought it sounded quite authentic. Soon after booking (within weeks), I received a folder containing song lyrics in both Hawaiian and English and a CD of music, both vocals and instrumentals. We picked out the songs we liked, decided on the order in which we wanted them performed, and emailed the info. Everything was handled conscientiously and professionally; Jim even came to Sacramento a week early to meet with our onsite wedding coordinator and confirm technical details (electrical hookups, equipment placement, etc.) for our outdoor ceremony. And did I say the music and vocals were fabulous?

Profile Picture Robin, 7/31/09, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony Music

Pulama performed absolutely beautifully for our wedding. They have so much love and aloha running through their music, it was so special to have them play. They are also a joy to work with. Jim and Paula learned a song to play especially for our wedding and were exceptionally accommodating. We really enjoyed every aspect of having them play. Mahalo Pulama!!

Profile Picture Cambria, 5/30/09, 1 Review
Category: Band

Pulama was the best. They were on time and very professional at all times. We felt very comfortable with them, all most like they were family. I would recommend them over and over to all of our friends and family.
I want to Thank them with all of our hearts.
I would also like to say that Pulama came with everything that they needed to play and sing with so there was no drama.
Set up and take down was fast and clean and that is the way you want your engagment party to be.
Mahalo

Ps we would love to have them back for our 5th anniversary!

Profile Picture David , 7/22/08, 1 Review