P.A.P.A. Entertainment Reviews

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2017 Winner
  • WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2016 Winner

Amber H. Married on 11/06/2021

Great Mix of Music

Upon talking with Papa Rooster I knew he would work great for my wedding. He reads the crowd and knows how to get them going. I would absolutely love to have him at another event. Would highly recommend!
    Leslie D. Married on 07/31/2021

Hire DJ PaPaRooster for your wedding!

We worked with DJ PapaRooster for our clients wedding and were very pleased! He really knows how to keep the crowd alive and excited and keep the energy up! Highly recommend him for wedding, and as a plus he offers cold sparklers, dancing on the cloud service and more!
  • W
    Wyatt D. Married on 06/11/2021

Perfect experience!

DJ PapaRooster was amazing. We seriously could not have asked for a better DJ - he helped make our wedding completely magic. Would recommend him to anyone to make their wedding night special as well. Thanks again DJ Paparooster!!!

P.A.P.A. Entertainment's reply:

Thank you So much! I really appreciate the kind words! I had a blast and it was amazing!! This was a night not to forget!
  • Bridget
    Bridget D. Married on 06/11/2021

Life of the party!

We met DJ Papa Rooster at a wedding expo back in August of 2019, shortly after getting engaged. It took less than a minute for him to draw us in with his charisma, stage presence, and OF COURSE - his dog Bear. We hired him for our October 2020 wedding, and like most couples last year, decided to postpone our large wedding to the following summer. About 2 weeks ago on June 11th, we had the BEST night of our lives -- thanks to DJ Papa Rooster. Our family and friends could not stop raving about him! What is most impressive is that he got great reviews not only from our young, fun friends who wanted to tear up the dance floor, but ALSO our older, quieter relatives who expected a classy evening. Our wedding was the perfect balance of elegance and fun!

2020 was not easy on the wedding industry or engaged couples, but DJ Papa Rooster was so incredibly flexible, responsive, and patient with us through all the postponement craziness. We are so thankful for him!
    Aisha R. Married on 05/15/2021

The BEST DJ ever! Book Now!

DJ PapaRooster will be the DJ for every event for the rest of my lifetime. From beginning to end, he was a pleasure to work with. He is kind, responsive and just an all around good time! Our guests did not stop dancing the entire night and we owe that to him.He was everything and more we wanted out of a DJ. Do not hesitate - Book DJ PapaRooster and you will not regret it!
    Te Jones Married on 04/17/2021

Dj Paparooster did a great job at my wedding.

I was satisfied with DJ Paparooster’s service.
  • Andrew
    Andrew J. Married on 03/21/2021

Best of the BEST

DJ PaPa Rooster DJ’d my wedding back in March 2021 and did an outstanding job!! People are still talking about how much they enjoyed the music. He played the right songs, read the crowd well and interacted with them to create an unforgettable experience.

DJ PaPa Rooster, you exceeded our expectations and we will definitely refer you to to anyone we come across that needs DJ services. Thanks making our day special!!
    Tammy M. Married on 11/09/2020

Absolutely amazing

We had a great experience with DJ papa rooster. Our wedding went smoothly even with last minute changes on our part. The reception was great with all announcements on target and kept the dance floor hopping. Had so much fun will use in the future again.

P.A.P.A. Entertainment's reply:

thank you so much for the review. I had a blast with the action call outs! Just remember DJ PaPaRooster keeps em cluckin!
    Brandon W. Married on 11/01/2020

Kept us Cluckin' at The Waller Wedding!

Look no further for a true Master of Ceremonies! My wife and I were looking for someone who would go beyond pressing 'play' for us. We wanted someone who could take the stress out of creating the audio atmosphere we sought for our special day. Darius delivered this and much more! Communication leading up to the event was clear and immediate. The morning of, he was punctual and took care of his own setup. He came prepared with both wired and wireless equipment to accomodate our space(s), and his DJ Stand looked entirely appropriate/upscale alongside our other decorations. His vast prior experience really showed when it came to keeping the day lively and active: making sure that everyone was entertained regardless of age. You really can't understate the importance of sound, atmosphere, and flow when it comes to a wedding: Darius provided it all. We highly recommend P.A.P.A. Entertainment to any couple seeking a DJ who can absorb your vision and bring it to life! Professional service worth every penny.
    Erica S. Married on 10/16/2020

Top Notch DJ

After our wedding we had people coming up to us saying “What a great party!” and we know that is thanks to Darius! He was able to read the crowd, playing songs for all ages, and keeping the energy up! I danced all night. On top of that, he was professional and was even able to reschedule us no problem when we had to move our wedding date. Top- notch DJ and we are so happy we had him at our wedding.

P.A.P.A. Entertainment's reply:

I had a blast at your wedding! Thank you so much for kind words and I'm glad I could make your day special.
  • Cayleigh
    Cayleigh W. Married on 09/19/2020

Hands down best DJ

DJ PapaRooster made our wedding reception incredibly fun! He read the crowd great and played the music everyone wanted to hear to keep all of us dancing all night long! We hated when the night was over and we had to leave the dance floor. He was incredibly flexible and I believe he truly enjoys what he does. His energy level is great and doesn't dwindle. He definitely had a part in making our wedding memorable. Worth every penny! If you are looking for a fun DJ, he's your guy. My husband and I highly recommend!

P.A.P.A. Entertainment's reply:

Woot Woot! Glad I could make your day special. I hope everyone had fun and also thank you for the kind words! I had a blast on your wedding day!
    D. Banks Married on 08/01/2020

Kept the party going

DJ PaPaRooster Dj'd and MC'd our wedding reception and was phenomenonal. He met all of our special song and announcement request that we threw at him. We had a multicultural attendance but Darius was able to accommodate our every need, even going as far as playing some Indian Bollywood songs and taking request. Lastly he was able to make our special day perfect despite the global pandemic. We've already had guest reach out for his contact information. I highly recommend DJ PaPaRooster for any upcoming event!
    Dereisha Married on 07/25/2020

Wedding ceremony and reception

He was great throughout the entire process, even during the pandemic he was helpful. Thank you & many blessings to you.
  • Chanterryka
    Chanterryka W. Married on 05/12/2020

The best wedding of 2020 !

D.J Papa Rooster keep the party going at our wedding. He was very active with the crowd and played a great variety of music, including our favorite songs. We had a great time and so did our guest. Keep um clucking !
  • Mallory
    Mallory A. Married on 04/25/2020

Exceeded every expectation of a DJ!! BOOK HIM!!

DJ Papa Rooster was amazing!!! Our original wedding date was planned for April 2020, which we had to move due to COVID. Darius was so understanding and accommodating to move our reception party, his ability to work with me helped take away any stress that could have potentially been added at such an unknowing time with all the changes we were having to make to our special day. He communicated to make sure everything was going to go smoothly on our reception date and arrived super early to make sure everything was set up perfectly. We even had a super last minute (hour before) change of location of ceremony due to rain that he was super accommodating for as well. Once it was reception time he got the crowd going and kept it going the entire night!! He was super engaging with the guests and got a "choo choo train" line started which was one of the most fun parts of the night! He got everyone involved! Another highlight was doing the Auburn and Alabama fight songs. Before the wedding I told him we would like to do this toward the end of the night and he exceeded any expectation I had, he had the guests separated on sides and made it a friendly competition of cheers and chants, it was AWESOME! Our wedding reception was one of the most fun days of our entire lives and a huge part of that was how much fun Darius made it for us!! He puts so much effort into making your event special and I would recommend him 10/10 times, I hope that I have an event in the future that I get to use him again for!!! I can not say enough good things about Darius, You will not regret booking him!! HUGE THANK YOU to DJ Papa Rooster for making our night unforgettable!!
    Alexander D. Married on 02/22/2020

Excellent, professional, and fun DJ

DJ PaPaRooster was the DJ for my wedding, and he did an EXCEPTIONAL job! During our first phone conversations about the wedding, I described to him that I wanted my wedding to be a party during the ending of the reception, and he did just that! His set up and lighting was well done, and complete on time with no issues. He spoke very well as the emcee, and played an extremely impressive playlist that had everyone, and I mean EVERYONE, dancing and having a phenomenal time!
  • Dr.
    Dr. M. Married on 02/09/2020

A Night to Remember!

DJ Papa Rooster was AMAZING! From the very beginning he was super nice and asked a bunch of questions to make sure our day included everything we wanted. He was easy to get in touch with, and he didn't mind me texting him a million times with a bunch of questions lol. His pricing is really reasonable, and the experience was way more than what we expected. He had our crowd on their feet for almost the entire reception, and whenever we came up with another request, he added it to the mix. DJ Papa Rooster made our wedding that much more enjoyable, and I would HIGHLY recommend him to anyone looking to elevate their party experience. 10/10 for sure!
  • Elli
    Elli G. Married on 11/23/2019

He made the wedding

DJ Papa rooster was the perfect DJ. He made our reception so fun and orchestrated the ceremony as well. He was also easy to work with very accommodating. You need him for your wedding or event!

P.A.P.A. Entertainment's reply:

Thank you soooo much for the kind words and also using my services! I really had a blast at your wedding. Bear had a blast as well!
    Demetrius P. Married on 11/09/2019

Powe-Williams Wedding

Professionalism at an all time high !!! Interacted wonderfully with guest, and left an incredible impression on everyone. Will definitely refer to anyone I know having any event in which DJ services are required !!
    Paige P. Married on 11/05/2019

Keeping the Party Going

We can't say enough about DJ Papa Rooster and his "hype man" Bear. We had a tall order to fill which included many music genres to fit different tastes and ages of attendees. He not only went over and beyond to keep the dance floor full he was also able to keep energy high (even with those who were sitting). He definitely kept the party going while making sure the Bride and Groom knew he was there to make their day perfect. On that day DJ Papa Rooster not only became the only DJ we will ever recommend for any event, he also became part of our family. Cluck Up! YEAH!
    Jonathan P. Married on 11/02/2019

Helpful and easy to work with

Dj PAPARooster did a fantastic job at our wedding without us having to lift a finger.
  • Lauren
    Lauren D. Married on 10/19/2019

PAPA Rooster is amazing!

PAPA Rooster is amazing! I could't have asked for a better DJ for my wedding. He had everyone dancing, young and old! I would definitely book him for any of my DJ needs.
    Michael G. Married on 09/28/2019

EXCELLENT experience with DJ PapaRooster

DJ PaPaRooster did exactly what he said he would do. He kept our reception going all night with great music and a great personality with interacting with guests. If he’ll have us, DJ PaPaRooster will always be our DJ for whenever we need one.
    Adrienne H. Married on 09/22/2019

Wedding Day

Very professional! Helped make my wedding day a success