Oz Farm Reviews

17 Reviews for Oz Farm

• Vivek

Vivek · Married on 06/29/2019

Magical Place for an Indian Wedding

We did not want a cookie cutter Indian wedding that usually takes place at a hotel ballroom or a hall. The moment we visited Oz Farm, we fell in love with the location. It was a unique location that had all the right spaces to execute a traditional Indian wedding while giving a sense of magic and uniqueness. What truly sold us on the place though, was Jenny and her attitude. She made us feel that we could do anything and she would find a way to get it done. After talking to her, it was hard to find another location with so much flexibility. Even though, she had never done an Indian Weeding at Oz Farm, we felt comfortable having her manage the wedding. We also hired her as a wedding planner.

Our guests loved the location and the kids had a blast playing with the horses. She was kind enough to lend us a horse for the groom's procession and even decorated him for us. Everyone at the farm was extremely friendly and allowed us to express ourselves the whole weekend.

For any couple who is thinking of having an Indian Wedding at Oz Farms we have a few tips:

1. Indian weddings have many moving pieces. We only had Jenny for one of the events and that event went perfectly. She is able to handle the pressure and able to pay attention to the minute details when she is there. There were a few missed things operationally when she was not around. Even after going through the plan in detail multiple times, few things were forgotten when she was not around. Our guests didn't know about it and enjoyed everything and had a blast. For hosting the first Indian Wedding at Oz Farm, they did a great job and I am sure they learnt a lot. Try to make sure Jenny is present at all your events.
    2. Go with a seasoned caterer like Moghul. The catering for an Indian Wedding is more complex compared to an American wedding, requiring more equipment than there is at Oz Farm. Jenny was kind enough to arrange for most of the kitchen equipment, but a less experienced caterer might find a little difficult to work with a limited kitchen.
    3. If you choose to do a wedding in summer, beware of the heat. The fans provided were adequate if everyone was wearing light summer dresses and shorts. But everyone of the the guests was in full heavy Indian clothing. Either provide hand held fans for the guests and/or reserve industrialized fans. You cannot control the weather but be prepared for the heat. Our wedding will now be remembered forever as a very hot wedding.

If you are looking for a unique twist to an Indian wedding while while keeping with the tradition, Oz Farm is the right choice. The guest will cherish not going to another hotel wedding and amenities available will provide the marrying couple and their guests with a memorable experience. We are extremely happy we made the decision to go with Oz Farm. It was a magical weekend.

Sent on 08/18/2019
  • Julie

Julie Thorbjornsen · Married on 10/28/2018

Professional. Kind. Made us feel extremely special.

Jenny was beyond helpful with our family oriented wedding! I have a 7 month old and she took care of everything I needed prior to the wedding and during which helped Us relax and enjoy our day. We had such a special day and she was a superwoman, making sure we had anything and everything we needed. The venue was beautiful and all of the special touches made our wedding day unforgettable. We also were the first ones to get married IN the horse barn!

Sent on 12/09/2018

Julie · Married on 10/20/2018

Amazing chic barn wedding

The venue was beautiful guest could not get over the sencery and loved feeding the horses. Jenny made it so easy to create the wedding of our dreams and customize every detail. If you are looking for a diy wedding oz farm is perfect you can really create anything you want. Our wedding guest wouldn’t stop saying how unique and beautiful the wedding was all thanks to the venue and Jenny for putting it together. We Would recommend this place to anyone looking for a barn wedding.

Sent on 10/25/2018

Charlsey · Married on 10/07/2018

On October 7th- my husband and I had the honor of getting married at Oz Farm. It was the most magical day of our lives!!
    We worked with Jenny for a little over a year and as a wedding planner- she is fantastic! We didn’t have to worry about anything and she made the day of- the greatest experience of our lives. She is absolutely amazing and her talent as a wedding planner really shows in the way she speaks so passionately about the work that she does.

Oz Farm is a beautiful place to get married- especially if you want that outdoor/rustic/ vintage feel of a wedding!
    We were extremely pleased with how the decorations, food, music, cake, and atmosphere of the wedding turned out and this will go down as one of the greatest days of our lives!

Sent on 10/11/2018

Meaghan · Married on 09/08/2018

Jenny Oz LeRoy came highly recommended as a person who delivers on all the things and more when planning events and executing your wedding day. There was no other consideration, my husband and I hired Jenny to be our planner leading up to (& day of) our September 8, 2018 wedding at Deer Mountain Inn. We've gotten to know Jenny over the last 14 months and she exceeded her rave reviews. Beyond being a true professional, Jenny is patient and fun to work with. She brought ease to the entire process of wedding planning. From her arsenal of local, trusted vendors to her detail oriented eye–– we had full confidence that everything was handled and, indeed, the quality matched across each category. We hired her partner (in life & business!), Steven Michael King, as our wedding videographer. It was effortless and fun to be around him on our special day. We are eager to re-live the day and all of its joy through his eyes/lens.

Jenny was a grounding force in the highs and lows that is natural in planning a wedding. She always supported and encouraged our vision. She never pushed–– only led us in well-thought-out directions, with ideas that never lost the authenticity of us and what we wanted to accomplish with our day. Our guests continue to use the word "magical" when describing the wedding and it truly was. More than we could have dreamed.

We highly recommend Jenny, Steven and the Oz Farm crew to any couple looking for a best-in-class wedding planning (and seriously good people).

Sent on 10/11/2018

Morgan · Married on 07/14/2018

Jenny made my dream wedding come true. I TRULY mean that! Jenny was an absolutely pleasure to work with and we highly recommend Jenny as a wedding planner and her beautiful venue Oz Farm!

Sent on 09/04/2018

Amanda · Married on 06/23/2018

My husband and I hired Jenny Oz LeRoy to be our planner leading up to (and day of) our wedding at the Deer Mountain Inn in the Catskills, NY on June 23, 2018. From our first meeting, we knew right away that Jenny was a professional and would help guide us through the stressful and sometimes overwhelming wedding process. Leading up to our big day, Jenny was a tremendous asset by recommending local vendors and answering any and all questions that we had about our big day. Her knowledge of the industry (what’s worth the investment vs. what’s not) was extremely beneficial to us. Especially planning a wedding in an area where we didn’t know everyone (in the wedding industry), Jenny was able to provide valuable recommendations and connect us to her vast network of exceptional wedding vendors. We definitely had great options to choose from!

Regarding day of the wedding, Jenny was an absolute dream to work with. Unfortunately, we had thunderstorms the morning of our wedding and Jenny was such a pro dealing with any last minute items that popped up (including the rain) and how to best problem solve. And even with the stress of the weather and the nerves of the day, she helped to guide us through the best day of our lives - a day that we will always look back on and cherish. Every detail, from big to small, Jenny was on top of and managed with ease. She was totally prepared on her end and took so much pressure off our shoulders day of, so my husband and I could truly sit back and enjoy. Whenever we needed her, she was right there, which was exactly what we were hoping for from a wedding planner.

Jenny is smart, organized, diligent, patient and extremely supportive. She was so lovely to work with through our entire wedding process and exceeded our expectations. We are so appreciative of all her hard work that went into planning our perfect day and we would highly recommend her to any couple looking for a best-in-class wedding planner.

Sent on 07/11/2018

Jessica · Married on 10/21/2017

Jenn made wedding planning easy! With her help I had no stress planning our wedding at The OZ Farm on October 21, 2017. She was always super helpful and ready to go over and beyond for us. The OZ Farm is the perfect venue! Everyone had a great time and loved this little hidden gem!! I will definitely be using Jenn again!! It was truly my dream wedding! Thank you Jenn and all the staff at The OZ Farm for all your hard work.

Sent on 07/12/2018

Joshua · Married on 09/03/2017

Jenny did an incredible job coordinating our wedding. She was very attentive and really kept us calm throughout the planning. She has such an energetic and fun personality, and was on top of all the details to make our day special. No task was too small or too big for her to accomplish, and she did it all with ease.

When our wedding day called for rain, she put us at ease by coming up with a great indoor plan for our ceremony. And when the sidewalls weren't up on the tent we rented–she was climbing up high on the ladder to hang them up.

Everything was just as we imagined–one thing seamlessly moving to the other–and our guests at complete ease. All we hear from our guests is what an extraordinary time they had, and that is in a large part due to Jenny and her team. Bottom line–she killed it and we are forever grateful.

Sent on 09/15/2017

Grace · Married on 03/05/2017

Jenny Oz is one of the best event planners I have come across. She was helpful with every step, answered all Of my questions, and most importantly kept me from wiggling out. Everything was effortless for her which was a huge relief for me. I cannot say enough good things about her. She went above and beyond and everything was stunningly beautiful. There truly is "No Place Like Oz."

Sent on 03/16/2017

Tanya · Married on 08/20/2016

What a magical place! This farm has everything to offer and so much more. Jenny is extremely dedicated to making sure all needs are met and more. Her attention to detail is impeccable. In addition to this wonderful space, Jenny has many farm animals that are very friendly and photogenic! She was kind enough to let us see and pet them :) Lastly, this farm has an extraordinary view overlooking some of the beautiful mountains in the Catskills, and the sunset was to die for! If your looking for a truly one of a kind experience, I suggest looking here ! You will not be disappointed!!

Sent on 02/02/2017

Katha · Married on 06/18/2016

We had our engagement party at Oz Farm in June 2016 and people are still raving about the event! There was not a single detail over looked and I truly believe that all 150 guests had the time of their life! We choose to have our event on the ceremony field and Jenny, the owner, provided us with a beautiful tent and handled all the decorating of the tent and the lounges that are placed on the edge of the field. She also set up beautiful hay bale couches and high tops for the cocktail hour. We used a recommended caterer and had a pig roast which was perfect for the summer time vibe of the event. We couldn't have been happier with how everything came together and how professional and helpful all the staff was at this venue! The horses in the fields were such an amazing touch and were part of the beautiful back drop of the Catskill mountains that out event over looked. The gorgeous sunset was the cherry on top of the perfect evening.

Sent on 11/06/2016

Amanda · Married on 09/05/2015

The Epitome of Professionalism

I’m not one to typically write reviews—but I felt the need to do so here. I was a GUEST at a wedding this fall and was blown away by Oz Farms. The planner, Heather, was energetic, personable, and fun! There were so many fine tuned touches that made this one of the best weddings (if not the best) that I have ever attended. The venue is stunning, Heather and her staff were amazing, and it was overall a beautiful night. If I could get married all over again—I would be sure to go to Oz Farm!

Sent on 11/19/2019

Bonnie · Married on 10/19/2013

I had the pleasure of planning two weddings with Jenny Oz Leroy as wedding planner, first mine and then my daughter's. The two weddings were totally different--ours was a mid-size affair at our home in the Hudson Valley where we wanted to personally handle some elements of the decor and music, and our daughter's was a larger affair at a hotel in Orlando where Jenny took the lead on more of the arrangements. Jenny excelled in both settings. She was well organized and ensured that the long list of preparation tasks were handled on time. She thought of so many details that I never would have thought to handle ahead of time, which made the Big Days go so much smoother. What really sets Jenny apart from other wedding planners is her amazing creativity and innate sense of how to make everything special. The personal creative touches she suggested added to the magic of both weddings. Jenny always makes things fun and her kind and caring spirit relieves much of the inevitable tension of wedding planning. Most importantly, on wedding day for both me and my daughter, Jenny was totally in charge and supportive, making sure we were able to enjoy our weddings and not worry about any of the details. I cannot imagine a better wedding planner!

Sent on 01/08/2017

Carolyn · Married on 08/10/2012

The day of my wedding Jenny was my planner and she went above and beyond in every way. Her attention to detail spanned from making sure I had eaten and my bustle was buttoned correctly, to coordinating the champagne toast and getting people on the dance floor. Her staff were very professional, available, attentive. I couldn't have asked for a better day at Oz Farm- it is a magical place!

Sent on 01/20/2017

Sarah · Married on 05/27/2018

Having our wedding at Oz Farm was truly magical! Jenny and her team were extremely accommodating when we had to switch plans hours before the wedding because of rain. I felt like we were in great hands the entire day and was not stressed at all.

The barn looked absolutely stunning on its own which was great for decor planning.

We had our brunch back at the farm the next day and got to continue enjoying the beautiful patio attached to the barn.

I'd highly recommend having your wedding at Oz Farm!

Sent on 06/14/2018