Oyster Bay Yacht Club Reviews

Oyster Bay Yacht Club 7
  • Gina

Gina P · Married on 04/27/2019

The best choice

Choosing OBYC as our venue was the easiest and best decision we could have made. Ashton, the onsite coordinator, makes the entire planning experience stress free and fun. She is available whenever you need her and is pleasant to work with. There were so many things I didn't have to worry about because she was on it. All of our guests gave us endless compliments on how it was the best run and most beautiful wedding. The venue itself is absolutely breathtaking.

Sent on 05/11/2019
    Oyster Bay Yacht Club 8
    Oyster Bay Yacht Club 9
    Oyster Bay Yacht Club 10
    Oyster Bay Yacht Club 11
    Oyster Bay Yacht Club 12
    Oyster Bay Yacht Club 13

Sarah K. · Married on 03/30/2019

"Your wedding is the BEST wedding I've ever been to!"

Oyster Bay Yacht Club is the perfect location for your dream wedding. There are a lot of beautiful venues in Northeast Florida, but the genuine care and concern from the staff at Oyster Bay is not easy to find. From the moment we pulled up to the venue for our initial tour all the way until our firework send off at the end of our wedding night, we had such a great experience. Ashton Hunter is simply amazing and she is one of the main reasons we chose the venue. From the very beginning I trusted Ashton and knew we were in great hands. I did not hire a wedding planner, and although I am in the hospitality sales industry, planning a wedding is a lot of work. Ashton helped me along the way with whatever I needed. She is super quick to reply to emails/calls, even if she may be off or on vacation, and will help find a solution to whatever your issue may be. She and the whole team were completely professional, attentive, and a true pleasure to work with. I honestly cannot express the amount of gratitude we feel toward the team.

If you want to have a stress-free wedding planning experience and unforgettable wedding that your friends and family say is one of the best weddings they have ever been to, then book Oyster Bay ASAP!!

Sent on 05/01/2019

Taylor Duncan · Married on 03/23/2019

We, our family, and friends are so thankful

The moment I saw that OBYC even existed, I knew this would the place my fiance and I would say I do to eternity. As someone that has been in the event industry and has worked at a great venue in the past, I always breathed a sigh of relief because I knew that everything was going to be TOP KNOTCH and done really well.
    From the amazing weather God blessed us with, the tasty food, everyone telling us "this is the best wedding we'd ever been to," (and "best wedding food!") the beauty of the venue and the way they upkeep it so well, to Ashton being our guiding light through the entire year journey— no words can express my gratitude.
    The staff is phenomenal and my husband and I feel so blessed and will never be able to get over our amazing day. Now back to reality for a second, yes, it is going to be the most expensive and fastest day of your entire life, but it is worth it! Savor and take in every moment you can.
    We cannot wait to see our photos and to see all the amazing memories, beauty, and things we might have missed! Below are a few!

Sent on 04/10/2019
    Oyster Bay Yacht Club 14
    Oyster Bay Yacht Club 15
    Oyster Bay Yacht Club 16
    Oyster Bay Yacht Club 17

Christiana · Married on 03/16/2019

Dream Destination Wedding!

Words cannot explain how grateful we are to have found Ashton at OBYC! She helped us flawlessly plan a destination wedding that was SO memorable for our family and friends. She was always available and so kind and helpful during the planning process, even when we were far away.

As far as the wedding day itself, It was better than we could have ever imagined! The food, the setting, the service - every little detail was taken care of so we could focus on just having fun and celebrating our marriage. Our guests were blown away and said it was one of the most unique and fun weddings they had ever been to. We give full credit to the crew at OBYC!!! Book the venue as soon as you can!!

Sent on 04/13/2019
    Oyster Bay Yacht Club 26
    Oyster Bay Yacht Club 27

Leslie Flanders · Married on 02/02/2019

Hidden Gem Wedding Venue

We are so pleased with our choice to get married at Oyster Bay Yacht Club! This unique, timeless venue, tucked away on the marsh, was everything we could have dreamed of for our special day. Ashton was friendly, accommodating and professional from the start. Although she was working with many brides throughout our planning period, I felt like I was her only client. She was so attentive to our ideas, and worked hard to bring them to life. Additionally, the food was amazing! We definitely recommend this venue to anyone in the Jacksonville/ Fernandina area, or someone looking for a cute destination wedding.

Sent on 02/24/2019
  • Paula

Paula Clark · Married on 11/17/2018

The best wedding venue of all time!

Using Oyster Bay Yacht Club as my wedding venue was the best decision I ever made! The staff is so knowledgeable and organized. They have tons of experience and use it to provide you with the best wedding you could ever dream of. The meetings are stress free where every detail is handled without a hitch. We loved the space and being on the water. It's the perfect combination of coastal touches and elegance. Ashton Hunter was the perfect wedding coordinator. She is fun, kind, professional and great at her job! We loved everything about Oyster Bay. Could not have asked for a more perfect day!

Sent on 12/02/2018

Erica Kammer · Married on 10/06/2018

Perfect Venue!

We got married at Oyster Bay on 10/6/18 and it was the most magical day ever! Oyster Bay is truly a hidden gem and is the most beautiful and perfect venue you could choose! Ashton and Terrie are truly spectacular. Ashton was there for us EVERY step of the way, throughout the planning process. We communicated regularly from the moment we booked the venue up until the day of the wedding. She is willing and able to help as little or as much as you need! She keeps a detailed timeline of all your vendors, their contact information, arrival time, set up time etc and updates it as you go through the planning process. Ashton was incredible the day of the wedding and made sure everything ran smoothly and according to plan. She is AMAZING!
    Our guests arrived to Oyster Bay by trolley and raved about their experience.The venue, food, atmosphere and staff was exceptional! It was the best day of our lives and we are so thankful for Oyster Bay! We can't wait to go back and visit on our one year anniversary! Thank you guys for everything!

Robby and Erica

Sent on 12/01/2018

Kirsti · Married on 06/26/2018

We arranged a corporate event at the OBYC which was amazing and perfect in every way! OBYC is an absolutely beautiful venue and Terrie Sanders and her team are awesome! Terrie is amazing, she captured every detail of our vision and did everything to make it happen. The staff is very friendly, professional and accommodating. We were also very pleased with the presentation and quality of the food (buffet) and beverages served. The event exceeded our expectations and we received so many compliments from our guests who enjoyed the venue and had a great time!

Sent on 07/23/2018

Rachel · Married on 06/10/2018

Wonderful Experience at OBYC for August Wedding

We loved this venue so much for our late August wedding. Ashton is a wonderful help throughout the entire planning, rehearsal and day-of process. It is a gorgeous venue, and would also highly recommend the onsite villa for getting ready. It is roomy and beautiful. Both the venue and villa have great spaces for indoor and outdoor photos. We were happy with all aspects of choosing this venue!

Sent on 11/09/2018

Kelsey · Married on 03/03/2018

Oyster Bay Yacht Club was by and far the best decision we made concerning our wedding! From the first meeting to deciding our dinner menu to asking silly questions about ties for grooms - the wedding planners were there within 24 hours with help. We mainly worked with Ashton throughout the process, but the day of the wedding (she went into labor) we worked with Cheyenne and Terri. I seriously cannot say enough good things about all 3 of the se wonderful, hard working, and thoughtful women. We opted to use the bridal suite to get ready - this was gorgeous, plenty of room, beautiful views, a full kitchen, and just steps from the venue. The venue was STUNNING!! I had many people tell me it was the most beautiful wedding they had every been to. The ceremony area was gorgeous and the perfect size, we had around 98 people in attendance. They have a great plan B if needed, but luckily enough we had 70 degree weather and sunny skies. For the reception, its kind of an inside/outside area but if it is too cold, they have heaters and plastic windows. I was never too cold or hot. They also have 2 fireplaces. The food was also amaaaazing. We chose shrimp and grits and grilled chicken with salsa as the main options. Our appetizers were chicken and waffle bites, jerk shrimp, and cheese and crackers. It was hands down the best night of my life. Also, your pictures will be stunning, they steal bride and groom for 15 minutes of sunset pictures (I have some down below). I don't have may professional ones back yet but I've put some up for y'all. If you don't choose Oyster Bay to host your perfect day, you're crazy!

Sent on 03/26/2018
    Oyster Bay Yacht Club 28
    Oyster Bay Yacht Club 29
    Oyster Bay Yacht Club 30
    Oyster Bay Yacht Club 31
    Oyster Bay Yacht Club 32
    Oyster Bay Yacht Club 33

Kelsey · Married on 02/24/2018

I found OBYC online when looking for unqiue wedding venues in the Fernandina Beach area (I have family in the area). My husband and I both grew up on the water so when we arrived to the club we were both in awe of how beautiful it is. The prestine clubhouse is surrounded by beautiful water views and lush green landscape. But what sold us was how incredible Ashton and Cheyenne were from the moment we met them! We booked the venue on the first day we visited and I never once questioned that decision. Ashton was so organized and definately gave us great tips and advice. She was super responsive usually replying to any email within 24 hours. They were up front about the budget from day one so we knew exactly how much everything would cost. There were no hidden or last minute fees. Also, Ashton and Cheyenne really went out of their way to create special moments for my new husband and I. They made sure we had time to catch our breath and to grab a bite to eat. Not only is the staff really incredible but the food was top notch. We had shrimp & grits, chicken and a carving station. I can't tell you how many people raved over the buffet! Another great thing about OBYC is they have so many decor options that you can get away without going overboard. I opted for very simple greenery on the tables. Ashton and Cheyenne used candles, lanterns, etc to fill in each table and make them look incredible and romantic. It was truly beautiful! The only complaint I recieved at the wedding was about the bugs. At the rehersal, we were eaten alive on the Marshview Canopy Lawn. I began to stress but Ashton assured me they would spray and it wouldnt be a problem. She was right, the ceremony was beautiful, no sign of bugs. However, the cocktail hour on the veranda was a little uncomfortable until the sun went down. Keep that in mind when choosing your date. We got married in February but it was a record high temp. You won't be disappointed with OBYC!

Sent on 03/21/2018

Cindi · event on 11/15/2017

I cannot say enough about the Venue and the service team at Oyster Bay Yacht Club. We had the luxury of holding our corporate meeting at this location. The venue is absolutely beautiful. The outside deck area is very intimate and everyone had a wonderful time mingling together before our meal. The attention to details from the staff is amazing and they made our group feel very comfortable and did everything in their power to ensure our business dinner was a success. The food is fantastic. Our group thoroughly enjoyed themselves and my job as the planning manager was definitely made easy with the help from Ashton and the team at Oyster Bay. I would highly recommend this site as a great place to have a business dinner if you are in the area. Cindi Bowers

Sent on 11/28/2017

Erin · Married on 11/11/2017

Oyster Bay was a spectacular venue for our wedding! The food was amazing (you MUST get the shrimp n grits), the views are stunning, but best of all the service is outstanding. Ashton helped plan every step of our wedding. In a very stressful time, she was always available with helpful advice or reassuring words. She was flexible, accommodating, and a joy to work with. All of the staff at OBYC went above and beyond, down to fixing our plates for dinner and keeping drinks in our hands all night. They made me feel like a princess! Ashton even scrubbed spilled red wine off my wedding dress!! Ashton and the team at OBYC truly thought of everything to make me and my groom, and all of our family and friends comfortable and having fun. Our friends and family have raved about the gorgeous venue, the delicious food, and the spectacular service. We so appreciate OBYC!!!

Sent on 12/04/2017

Ann · Married on 11/04/2017

These folks truly deserve every 5 star review. Ashton is a truly superb planner. We lived out of state, so all of our planning was done via email and phone calls. We wanted an appetizers only wedding, and they were more than willing to develop a personalized menu. The attention to detail was excellent, and they really put us at ease the day of. The venue is gorgeous inside and out. The classy, coastal vibe of the building is also comfortable. The space is beautiful with no decor, or easily adapted to any theme you like. All of the staff was wonderful the night of, as well. Perfect, perfect, perfect!

Sent on 05/05/2018
    Oyster Bay Yacht Club 39
    Oyster Bay Yacht Club 40
    Oyster Bay Yacht Club 41

Shelby · Married on 10/21/2017

There are not enough kind words in the world to describe our entire experience with Oyster Bay. We worked primarily with Ashton, and she is nothing short of a rockstar. My husband and I are lazy event planners - we are relaxed about details to a fault. I say this because I cannot emphasize how little work we put into our stunning wedding. Ashton took our requests and (very) few decorations, and created the most stunning, gorgeous wedding. She's basically a magician. We have received countless feedback about the elegance of the venue and the food. My family has Celiac disease, requiring a strict gluten-free diet. The staff at Oyster Bay created the most delicious gluten-free meal for all our guests - from dinner rolls and cheddar jalepeno cornbread to shrimp and grits that were to die for. (We also HIGHLY recommend the brisket.) Again - I'm not a planner. We wanted a gorgeous wedding, of course, but we thoroughly enjoyed a relaxed engagement and I give Ashton all the credit for that. The morning of my wedding, I read a book and sipped orange juice and STILL walked into the most stunning reception venue I've ever seen. (Graceful, lovely, perfect Ashton spent the night before re-gluing our centerpieces back together because they had fallen apart.) If you are looking to have an easy breezy engagement while still having a wedding that resembles your Pinterest boards, book Oyster Bay. If you are a planner and have all the details figured out and love to be hands on, book Oyster Bay. I cannot imagine working with anyone else and would happily give them more stars in the ratings if possible.

Sent on 11/02/2017
  • Jennifer

Jennifer · Married on 07/27/2017

As a wedding vendor here in NE Florida there was absolutely no other place I wanted more than Oyster Bay. It is absolutely magical in there. And Fernandina provided my out of town guests a destination wedding weekend that we will never forget! The food is excellent!!! The staff and service is five star all around!!! Their attention to detail and their willingness to help me with anything I asked for (Ashton actually helped me get in my gown) - is just outstanding. I cannot say enough good things about OBYC - just a wonderful experience all around!!!! Thank you Terrie, Ashton and Cheyenne for every single ounce of effort you poured into our special day!!! We will never forget your kindness!!! Jenn and Scot Przybyslawski

Sent on 08/11/2017

Maggie · Married on 06/10/2017

Our wedding at the Oyster Bay Yacht Club was a dream. The entire day could not have been more beautiful or run more smoothly. That’s because the staff was extremely prepared and the venue was absolutely stunning!!
    Let’s talk about the Dream Team @ the OBYC...
    From our first encounter with Terrie, Ashton and the Team at OBYC we knew our wedding was in great hands. They made the process of planning a wedding extremely low stress by recommending vendors and walking us through every step of the process (and I mean every little step - they seriously didn’t miss a single detail). They were attentive and enthusiastic as though we were their only wedding, but their organization and expertise made it abundantly clear they’re seasoned pros who've planned many weddings.
    The costs also minimized stress. Ashton regularly updated us on the total costs as decisions were made and head count changed so we always knew exactly where we stood with our budget. There were no hidden fees or surprise expenses at the last minute. The final costs were beyond fair and exactly as originally quoted.
    …and about that GORGEOUS venue...
    The venue itself and the property it sits are even more beautiful in person than in the pictures! The Plan B and Plan C ceremony locations Ashton showed us in case of poor weather were both beautiful as well. The weather forecast was a real nail-biter all week so It was such a relief our venue did not depend on perfect weather to be beautiful!
    We chose to rent the villa on the property and were so glad we did. It was very convenient getting ready there and it was a great location for the wedding party to meet-up. Also, it’s the perfect setting for getting ready and first look pictures! The ferry ride was the perfect first impression for our guests. The Captain even stopped so they could watch the dolphins nearby! We've had numerous guests tell us it was the best wedding they've ever attended.
    Thank you, OBYC. We'll be visiting!
    ~Mitch and Maggie

Sent on 07/06/2017

Brooke · Married on 06/01/2017

If you want an amazing, organized, stress free wedding, this is the place to go! They offer a beautiful, intimate setting with spectacular views! The staff is beyond organized and I honestly can not say enough good things about them. My wedding day was a breeze thanks to them! Highly recommend to anyone looking for a coastal venue.

Sent on 04/26/2018

Jen · Married on 04/29/2017

Our very high expectations were 100% exceeded for our wedding at OBYC. I could go on for a decade about how amazing our whole experience was / still is even after our wedding.

The Venue:
    The venue is so unique and beautiful and it truly sells itself. We loved that it was perfect on its own - even without flowers and linens and additional decor. It didn't need much added, which was great for me because I wanted a place that was "easy", fun, intimate and elegant while still having the coastal vibe.

OBYC ROCKSTAR TEAM
    This team truly "sold" the venue for us. My now husband and I had the pleasure of meeting Terrie when we visited the venue and we instantly fell in love with the venue and the team. Making you feel special is something that just comes naturally to Terrie and Ashton. This was the case from the second we first came and looked at the property. They would follow up with us to check in, keep us on track with necessary decisions, give us ideas, allow us to bring family over to see the venue, respond instantly to our questions and always make us feel like we were the most important people in the world. They also provide a lot of flexibility to ensure the day is what you want. They never once said you have to use this vendor or do it this way. They simply get to know you and your style and will do everything in their power to make it perfect. The day of, the team ensured everyone was fed and had a drink at all times. We came to our table with a full plate of food already prepared for us so we could eat and then go say hello to people. They were so attentive and positive and a true joy to work with! After the wedding they also follow up and check in - truly make you feel special all the time!

If you'd like more specific details or have any questions, please reach out to me directly. I have nothing but truthful positive thoughts to share : )
    - Jen and Mike O'Neal

Sent on 05/21/2017

Sommer · Married on 04/01/2017

Hands down best venue and staff ever! Terrie, Ashton and team were nothing short of AMAZING! We knew right away from our very first meeting with Ashton that this was the place for our Wedding weekend. They went to great lengths to ensure our big day went off with out a hitch. Every meeting and phone call we had with OBYC was extremely professional and well thought out. They were extremely detail oriented which gave me great confidence that there would be no worries on wedding day. They were able to execute our vision flawlessly and I can’t thank them enough for everything. The day was perfect and it truly was a “Best Day Ever”

Sent on 11/04/2017

Cheryl · Married on 03/25/2017

My daughter was married at OBYC in March 2017 and they exceeded our expectations in all categories. Terrie, Ashton and Becky are the "Dream Team" that made her wedding day perfect. The food was excellent, and the chef went above and beyond the call of duty by preparing a special meal for a guest who had last minute dietary concerns. The wait staff are among the finest, giving such personal attention to our guest that we are still getting rave reviews!
    I highly recommend them for a wedding or event of any kind.

Sent on 04/19/2017

Lori · Married on 03/18/2017

March 18, 2017 was THE BEST DAY EVER!! Oyster Bay Yacht Club in quaint Fernandina Beach, Florida provided the venue for the wedding of our daughter, Sarah's dreams!! From the first time we toured the venue and met the lovely Terrie Sanders...to the sparkler send off 10 months later...our experience was WONDERFUL!! The entire staff, the amazing Chef Sean and the beauty of the venue is beyond a winning combination! It was the PERFECT place for their "Happily Ever After" to begin! Such a magnificent day!!! I'm a VERY happy, Thankful Mother of the Bride!!
    ??????????????

Sent on 04/01/2017
  • Laura

Laura · Married on 03/04/2017

I knew that this was the perfect spot for our wedding reception from the moment that we walked out on the deck. It was the perfect day and they brought our vision to life. Our guests raved about the amazing food and the beautiful view! All of the staff was wonderful to work with and made everything run so smoothly! Highly recommend!

Sent on 03/10/2017

Brittany · Married on 02/25/2017

Oyster Bay is simply AMAZING! From start to finish, Terrie and the team are an absolute joy to work with. The venue is gorgeous on its own without any decorations. Overall, I would recommend Oyster Bay to any and everyone. Classic elegance at its finest. They made me feel like I was their only bride. I can't tell you how amazing it was to work with the entire team. I didn't have to ask for a single thing on the day of the wedding. We had a personal server for me and my husband - she kept our drinks full, made our plate (and a couple to-go plates with food and cake), brought me my change of shoes, fans, water, really any and everything we needed. They set up the venue in a way that I couldn't have dreamed up. They have such a creative mindset and it just blew me away. Everything looked far more gorgeous than I ever could have imagined. I can't thank the entire team enough - Terrie, Ashton, Becky - you ladies are simply amazing. Thank you thank you thank you!!!

Sent on 01/19/2016

giorgi · Married on 02/18/2017

Let the Club guide you! They have done this many times and after listening to your needs they will be able orchestrate a memorable reception. Hats off to the Chef for tasteful execution and the service team that was caring and anticipatory of guests' needs.

Sent on 03/01/2017