96 Reviews for Oyster Bay Yacht Club

Specialty Wine (5)
Outside Cake (3)
Plated (2)
93 Oyster Bay Yacht Club Reviews

Oyster Bay was the reason our wedding was perfect! It would have been nice elsewhere but not perfect. We loved the venue itself - views, spanish moss trees, wonderfully decorated space, pretty details, delicious food, and most of all the extraordinary staff. Ashton, Terrie, Cheyenne, and everyone else was such a joy to work with, incredible at their job, and made our day flawless and effortless. We cannot say enough good things about choosing OBYC!

Profile Picture Sarah, 3/17/18, 6 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: Covered Outdoor, Indoor, Uncovered Outdoor, Event Planning, Linens

Oyster Bay Yacht Club was by and far the best decision we made concerning our wedding! From the first meeting to deciding our dinner menu to asking silly questions about ties for grooms - the wedding planners were there within 24 hours with help. We mainly worked with Ashton throughout the process, but the day of the wedding (she went into labor) we worked with Cheyenne and Terri. I seriously cannot say enough good things about all 3 of the se wonderful, hard working, and thoughtful women. We opted to use the bridal suite to get ready - this was gorgeous, plenty of room, beautiful views, a full kitchen, and just steps from the venue. The venue was STUNNING!! I had many people tell me it was the most beautiful wedding they had every been to. The ceremony area was gorgeous and the perfect size, we had around 98 people in attendance. They have a great plan B if needed, but luckily enough we had 70 degree weather and sunny skies. For the reception, its kind of an inside/outside area but if it is too cold, they have heaters and plastic windows. I was never too cold or hot. They also have 2 fireplaces. The food was also amaaaazing. We chose shrimp and grits and grilled chicken with salsa as the main options. Our appetizers were chicken and waffle bites, jerk shrimp, and cheese and crackers. It was hands down the best night of my life. Also, your pictures will be stunning, they steal bride and groom for 15 minutes of sunset pictures (I have some down below). I don't have may professional ones back yet but I've put some up for y'all. If you don't choose Oyster Bay to host your perfect day, you're crazy!

Profile Picture Kelsey, 3/3/18, 5 Reviews
Services Used: Event Planning, Covered Outdoor, Indoor, Flatware, Linens

I found OBYC online when looking for unqiue wedding venues in the Fernandina Beach area (I have family in the area). My husband and I both grew up on the water so when we arrived to the club we were both in awe of how beautiful it is. The prestine clubhouse is surrounded by beautiful water views and lush green landscape. But what sold us was how incredible Ashton and Cheyenne were from the moment we met them! We booked the venue on the first day we visited and I never once questioned that decision. Ashton was so organized and definately gave us great tips and advice. She was super responsive usually replying to any email within 24 hours. They were up front about the budget from day one so we knew exactly how much everything would cost. There were no hidden or last minute fees. Also, Ashton and Cheyenne really went out of their way to create special moments for my new husband and I. They made sure we had time to catch our breath and to grab a bite to eat. Not only is the staff really incredible but the food was top notch. We had shrimp & grits, chicken and a carving station. I can't tell you how many people raved over the buffet! Another great thing about OBYC is they have so many decor options that you can get away without going overboard. I opted for very simple greenery on the tables. Ashton and Cheyenne used candles, lanterns, etc to fill in each table and make them look incredible and romantic. It was truly beautiful! The only complaint I recieved at the wedding was about the bugs. At the rehersal, we were eaten alive on the Marshview Canopy Lawn. I began to stress but Ashton assured me they would spray and it wouldnt be a problem. She was right, the ceremony was beautiful, no sign of bugs. However, the cocktail hour on the veranda was a little uncomfortable until the sun went down. Keep that in mind when choosing your date. We got married in February but it was a record high temp. You won't be disappointed with OBYC!

Profile Picture Kelsey, 2/24/18, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Oyster Bay was a spectacular venue for our wedding! The food was amazing (you MUST get the shrimp n grits), the views are stunning, but best of all the service is outstanding. Ashton helped plan every step of our wedding. In a very stressful time, she was always available with helpful advice or reassuring words. She was flexible, accommodating, and a joy to work with. All of the staff at OBYC went above and beyond, down to fixing our plates for dinner and keeping drinks in our hands all night. They made me feel like a princess! Ashton even scrubbed spilled red wine off my wedding dress!! Ashton and the team at OBYC truly thought of everything to make me and my groom, and all of our family and friends comfortable and having fun. Our friends and family have raved about the gorgeous venue, the delicious food, and the spectacular service. We so appreciate OBYC!!!

Profile Picture Erin, 11/11/17, 1 Review
Category: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue

These folks truly deserve every 5 star review. Ashton is a truly superb planner. We lived out of state, so all of our planning was done via email and phone calls. We wanted an appetizers only wedding, and they were more than willing to develop a personalized menu. The attention to detail was excellent, and they really put us at ease the day of. The venue is gorgeous inside and out. The classy, coastal vibe of the building is also comfortable. The space is beautiful with no decor, or easily adapted to any theme you like. All of the staff was wonderful the night of, as well. Perfect, perfect, perfect!

Photos
Profile Picture Ann, 11/4/17, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Wedding Planning

There are not enough kind words in the world to describe our entire experience with Oyster Bay. We worked primarily with Ashton, and she is nothing short of a rockstar. My husband and I are lazy event planners - we are relaxed about details to a fault. I say this because I cannot emphasize how little work we put into our stunning wedding. Ashton took our requests and (very) few decorations, and created the most stunning, gorgeous wedding. She's basically a magician. We have received countless feedback about the elegance of the venue and the food. My family has Celiac disease, requiring a strict gluten-free diet. The staff at Oyster Bay created the most delicious gluten-free meal for all our guests - from dinner rolls and cheddar jalepeno cornbread to shrimp and grits that were to die for. (We also HIGHLY recommend the brisket.) Again - I'm not a planner. We wanted a gorgeous wedding, of course, but we thoroughly enjoyed a relaxed engagement and I give Ashton all the credit for that. The morning of my wedding, I read a book and sipped orange juice and STILL walked into the most stunning reception venue I've ever seen. (Graceful, lovely, perfect Ashton spent the night before re-gluing our centerpieces back together because they had fallen apart.) If you are looking to have an easy breezy engagement while still having a wedding that resembles your Pinterest boards, book Oyster Bay. If you are a planner and have all the details figured out and love to be hands on, book Oyster Bay. I cannot imagine working with anyone else and would happily give them more stars in the ratings if possible.

Profile Picture Shelby, 10/21/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

As a wedding vendor here in NE Florida there was absolutely no other place I wanted more than Oyster Bay. It is absolutely magical in there. And Fernandina provided my out of town guests a destination wedding weekend that we will never forget! The food is excellent!!! The staff and service is five star all around!!! Their attention to detail and their willingness to help me with anything I asked for (Ashton actually helped me get in my gown) - is just outstanding. I cannot say enough good things about OBYC - just a wonderful experience all around!!!! Thank you Terrie, Ashton and Cheyenne for every single ounce of effort you poured into our special day!!! We will never forget your kindness!!! Jenn and Scot Przybyslawski

Profile Picture Jennifer, 7/27/17, 7 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Our wedding at the Oyster Bay Yacht Club was a dream. The entire day could not have been more beautiful or run more smoothly. That’s because the staff was extremely prepared and the venue was absolutely stunning!!
Let’s talk about the Dream Team @ the OBYC...
From our first encounter with Terrie, Ashton and the Team at OBYC we knew our wedding was in great hands. They made the process of planning a wedding extremely low stress by recommending vendors and walking us through every step of the process (and I mean every little step - they seriously didn’t miss a single detail). They were attentive and enthusiastic as though we were their only wedding, but their organization and expertise made it abundantly clear they’re seasoned pros who've planned many weddings.
The costs also minimized stress. Ashton regularly updated us on the total costs as decisions were made and head count changed so we always knew exactly where we stood with our budget. There were no hidden fees or surprise expenses at the last minute. The final costs were beyond fair and exactly as originally quoted.
…and about that GORGEOUS venue...
The venue itself and the property it sits are even more beautiful in person than in the pictures! The Plan B and Plan C ceremony locations Ashton showed us in case of poor weather were both beautiful as well. The weather forecast was a real nail-biter all week so It was such a relief our venue did not depend on perfect weather to be beautiful!
We chose to rent the villa on the property and were so glad we did. It was very convenient getting ready there and it was a great location for the wedding party to meet-up. Also, it’s the perfect setting for getting ready and first look pictures! The ferry ride was the perfect first impression for our guests. The Captain even stopped so they could watch the dolphins nearby! We've had numerous guests tell us it was the best wedding they've ever attended.
Thank you, OBYC. We'll be visiting!
~Mitch and Maggie

Profile Picture Maggie, 6/10/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: Covered Outdoor, Uncovered Outdoor, Flatware, Linens, Event Planning

If you want an amazing, organized, stress free wedding, this is the place to go! They offer a beautiful, intimate setting with spectacular views! The staff is beyond organized and I honestly can not say enough good things about them. My wedding day was a breeze thanks to them! Highly recommend to anyone looking for a coastal venue.

Profile Picture Brooke, 6/1/17, 2 Reviews
Services Used: Uncovered Outdoor, Event Planning, Flatware, Linens

Our very high expectations were 100% exceeded for our wedding at OBYC. I could go on for a decade about how amazing our whole experience was / still is even after our wedding.

The Venue:
The venue is so unique and beautiful and it truly sells itself. We loved that it was perfect on its own - even without flowers and linens and additional decor. It didn't need much added, which was great for me because I wanted a place that was "easy", fun, intimate and elegant while still having the coastal vibe.

OBYC ROCKSTAR TEAM
This team truly "sold" the venue for us. My now husband and I had the pleasure of meeting Terrie when we visited the venue and we instantly fell in love with the venue and the team. Making you feel special is something that just comes naturally to Terrie and Ashton. This was the case from the second we first came and looked at the property. They would follow up with us to check in, keep us on track with necessary decisions, give us ideas, allow us to bring family over to see the venue, respond instantly to our questions and always make us feel like we were the most important people in the world. They also provide a lot of flexibility to ensure the day is what you want. They never once said you have to use this vendor or do it this way. They simply get to know you and your style and will do everything in their power to make it perfect. The day of, the team ensured everyone was fed and had a drink at all times. We came to our table with a full plate of food already prepared for us so we could eat and then go say hello to people. They were so attentive and positive and a true joy to work with! After the wedding they also follow up and check in - truly make you feel special all the time!

If you'd like more specific details or have any questions, please reach out to me directly. I have nothing but truthful positive thoughts to share : )
- Jen and Mike O'Neal

Profile Picture Jen, 4/29/17, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Choosing Oyster Bay Yacht Club as our venue was the easiest decision we made in the wedding planning process. It is a GORGEOUS place with fantastic food ran by a couple of incredible and sassy ladies who know how to run a show! What else could you ask for? The whole planning process was so easy with Terrie and Ashton, which could have been difficult with me planning from out of town. Our guests are still raving about the food and the views. The whole day ran incredibly smooth, I'm still shocked at how calm I was but that's just the confidence these women instill in brides and I got to enjoy every minute!

Profile Picture Jamie , 4/8/17, 7 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: Covered Outdoor, Indoor, Uncovered Outdoor, Event Planning, Flatware, Linens

Hands down best venue and staff ever! Terrie, Ashton and team were nothing short of AMAZING! We knew right away from our very first meeting with Ashton that this was the place for our Wedding weekend. They went to great lengths to ensure our big day went off with out a hitch. Every meeting and phone call we had with OBYC was extremely professional and well thought out. They were extremely detail oriented which gave me great confidence that there would be no worries on wedding day. They were able to execute our vision flawlessly and I can’t thank them enough for everything. The day was perfect and it truly was a “Best Day Ever”

Profile Picture Sommer, 4/1/17, 2 Reviews
Services Used: Flatware, Event Planning, Uncovered Outdoor

My daughter was married at OBYC in March 2017 and they exceeded our expectations in all categories. Terrie, Ashton and Becky are the "Dream Team" that made her wedding day perfect. The food was excellent, and the chef went above and beyond the call of duty by preparing a special meal for a guest who had last minute dietary concerns. The wait staff are among the finest, giving such personal attention to our guest that we are still getting rave reviews!
I highly recommend them for a wedding or event of any kind.

Profile Picture Cheryl, 3/25/17, 3 Reviews
Category: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Wedding Planning

March 18, 2017 was THE BEST DAY EVER!! Oyster Bay Yacht Club in quaint Fernandina Beach, Florida provided the venue for the wedding of our daughter, Sarah's dreams!! From the first time we toured the venue and met the lovely Terrie Sanders...to the sparkler send off 10 months later...our experience was WONDERFUL!! The entire staff, the amazing Chef Sean and the beauty of the venue is beyond a winning combination! It was the PERFECT place for their "Happily Ever After" to begin! Such a magnificent day!!! I'm a VERY happy, Thankful Mother of the Bride!!
??????????????

Profile Picture Lori, 3/18/17, 6 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

I knew that this was the perfect spot for our wedding reception from the moment that we walked out on the deck. It was the perfect day and they brought our vision to life. Our guests raved about the amazing food and the beautiful view! All of the staff was wonderful to work with and made everything run so smoothly! Highly recommend!

Profile Picture Laura, 3/4/17, 6 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: Flatware, Linens, Bartender(s), Champagne Toast, House Wine, Liquor License, Premium Liquor, Specialty Beer, Specialty Wine, Event Planning, Buffet, Cocktail Reception, Hors d'Oeuvres, Outside Cake, Stations, Tastings

Oyster Bay is simply AMAZING! From start to finish, Terrie and the team are an absolute joy to work with. The venue is gorgeous on its own without any decorations. Overall, I would recommend Oyster Bay to any and everyone. Classic elegance at its finest. They made me feel like I was their only bride. I can't tell you how amazing it was to work with the entire team. I didn't have to ask for a single thing on the day of the wedding. We had a personal server for me and my husband - she kept our drinks full, made our plate (and a couple to-go plates with food and cake), brought me my change of shoes, fans, water, really any and everything we needed. They set up the venue in a way that I couldn't have dreamed up. They have such a creative mindset and it just blew me away. Everything looked far more gorgeous than I ever could have imagined. I can't thank the entire team enough - Terrie, Ashton, Becky - you ladies are simply amazing. Thank you thank you thank you!!!

Profile Picture Brittany, 2/25/17, 12 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: Bartender(s), Champagne Toast, House Beer, House Wine, Liquor License, Flatware, Linens, Buffet, Cocktail Reception, Hors d'Oeuvres, Stations, Tastings, Event Planning, Uncovered Outdoor

Let the Club guide you! They have done this many times and after listening to your needs they will be able orchestrate a memorable reception. Hats off to the Chef for tasteful execution and the service team that was caring and anticipatory of guests' needs.

Profile Picture giorgi, 2/18/17, 3 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Flowers, Photography

This was easy! Easily 5.0/5.0. My fiancé and I were so fortunate to get married at Oyster Bay. We had considered many of the venues in the Amelia Island and Jacksonville area. We were confident in our decision at OBYC, and we were SO right! You will not meet anyone more accommodating, friendly, quick to respond, and invested than Terrie and Ashton. They are seriously a dream team and want this day to be perfect and smooth for you. They truly make this venue what it is. The venue is gorgeous, the food is delicious, and we had so many of our guests comment on how attentive the staff was. Your photography here will be amazing :). If you're looking for a fun beautiful Southern venue with an amazing staff then stop looking. You won't be disappointed. We are so thankful

Profile Picture Courtney, 12/10/16, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

If I could give a rating higher than 5 stars, I would do so! I cannot say enough about how wonderful my daughter's wedding reception at OBYC was! Terrie and Ashton went over and above to make sure that it was the reception she dreamed of and they were upfront about pricing, so we were never wondering about the final costs. They are so professional and EASY to work with. They anticipated every possible glitch and took care of things before they could happen. The week before the wedding, Ashton called every vendor, (florist, bakery, band, etc) and made sure that all details were taken care of so that everything ran smoothly. When you use OBYC you are getting everything at one stop. Terrie and Ashton are professional event planners with years of experience planning weddings. The club provides first-class cuisine, which was a delight to all of our guests. They accommodated our requests to modifications to the menu. The wait staff and bartenders were friendly, attentive and fun. The location is spectacular. The club itself has a warm, cozy, coastal feel and it overlooks the intracoastal waterway. I just cannot say enough great things about OBYC! It is a well-oiled machine. As a mother of the bride, it made my life so easy! If you want a perfect wedding with no stress, OBYC is the place to go.

Profile Picture Kim, 11/19/16, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Words cannot express how unbelievable this venue was for us. It is truly a hidden gem with the live oaks and palms. The view is spectacular and the building is something out of a movie. We had a spectacular September wedding there recently and from start to finish it was amazing. Chef Sean and his team created a culinary feast for us and everyone raved about the food. We opted for a few signature drinks which were refreshing and delicious. The staff and service of this venue are beyond any expectation we could have had. Terrie, Ashton and Becky are true professionals and you know they love what they do by how amazing they made our day turn out. They took care of everything and anything I needed from start to finish, which made for a less stressful time in the hectic planning process. They guide you through every little detail and made me feel at ease with each step. Not only are these girls wonderful at their jobs, but they also have hearts of gold and I am blessed to call them my friends. If you are looking for a unique coastal setting with food and a view that will blow your guests minds, choose Oyster Bay for your wedding. I promise you will not be disappointed.

Profile Picture Christina, 10/22/16, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: Buffet, Cocktail Reception, Hors d'Oeuvres, Stations, Tastings, Bartender(s), Champagne Toast, House Beer, House Wine, Liquor License, Signature Drink, Specialty Beer, Specialty Wine, Flatware, Linens, Uncovered Outdoor, Event Planning

OBYC was the first and only wedding venue we looked at! I can't say enough good things about Terrie Sanders and her staff. Everything was absolutely perfect - my guests loved the atmosphere, the food, and the hospitality. I had a guest count of 105 and it was the perfect fit - plenty of room for people to enjoy the dance floor and also take in the views of the beautiful sunset and water. We had our reception and ceremony at OBYC as a lot of our guests were from out of town and I wanted to use the river ferry for the transportation to the ceremony (we used trolleys after the reception) - it was such a unique experience for our guests! With our wedding being the weekend after Hurricane Matthew, Terrie and the OBYC crew went to work to make sure all the debris was cleaned up and all the landscaping and deck area were safe for our guests so that we could stick with our "plan A"! We also rented the villa next door to OBYC for everyone to get ready in and it made the day totally stress free! It was so easy to have everyone in one place and the villa is gorgeous - all the amenities that you would ever need and plenty of room for everyone to get ready! When you look in the Amelia Island area for weddings, you see a lot of hotels in the area will come up (Omni & Ritz) - but what I loved about OBYC was that it was so quaint and private - it is truly a hidden gem!

Profile Picture Julie, 10/15/16, 3 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: Buffet, Cocktail Reception, Hors d'Oeuvres, Tastings, Bartender(s), House Beer, House Wine, Premium Liquor, Signature Drink, Specialty Beer, Specialty Wine, Flatware, Linens, Uncovered Outdoor

We just had my daughter's wedding at this venue and without hesitation was the best wedding because of the excellent planning and execution by Oyster Bay and their entire staff. From the first day of meetings with Terri and her staff we could not be any happier with the service provided. They looked to every single detail and everything was done with the utmost professional care. Thank you Oyster Bay for the excellent job in providing the most memorable day! We highly recommend anyone who is looking for the perfect venue for their wedding or any other celebration. The food was amazing, the service, bartenders, everyone took such good care of all our guests.

Profile Picture Deborah, 10/3/16, 1 Review
Category: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Unique Services (Other), Wedding Planning

Oyster Bay Yacht Club exceeded our expectations. Terrie and her team are simply amazing! Our wedding weekend was an absolute dream! The venue, accommodations and the staff are truly the best there is. We can not thank Oyster Bay enough for hosting our DREAM WEDDING! - The Johnsons

Profile Picture Sara, 10/1/16, 1 Review
Services Used: Uncovered Outdoor, Event Planning

OBYC is a fantastic venue for a rehearsal dinner. Terrie and her staff did an awesome job in planning the event, and setting up and decorating the place. The food and beverage service was wonderful. The evening was enjoyed by all and we received numerous positive comments from the guests that attended.

Profile Picture Marc, 8/12/16, 1 Review
Category: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue

The venue is absolutely beautiful and the staff, food and service were fantastic. We held our wedding welcome reception for here for $150++ guests and everything was perfect. We received many compliments and the planning process was a breeze with Terrie and her team. I highly recommend visiting the venue before you make any decisions as it will far exceed your expectations as the pictures don't do it justice.
Thank you again for all of your help in making the night magical.

Profile Picture Shelly, 8/6/16, 3 Reviews