Oxford Soul Reviews

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2020 Winner

• Garrett
    Garrett R. Married on 10/15/2021
      5.0 out of 5 rating

Amazing night with Oxford Soul!

Oxford Soul put on an incredible show for our wedding! From the very first conversation we had pre-pandemic, all the way to our wedding day 2 years later, they were extremely accommodating and helpful. Their entire team was a pleasure to work with. Our friends and family, months after the wedding, still talk about how fun and incredibly talented the musicians and vocalists were. We made a special request for a couple of our songs (first dance, mother/ son) and they performed them better than we could have imagined. My wife and I highly recommend them to any couple looking for a young energetic band to make it a wonderful night to remember!
    Kelly H. Married on 07/12/2021
      5.0 out of 5 rating

Oxford Soul made my wedding reception a party!

I can't say enough great things about Oxford Soul. They were so easy to work with, very helpful, super responsive to email, and played all of the songs I asked for during dinner and the band breaks. The band made the reception into a party, and people were on the dance floor the entire night! Thank you for everything, it was amazing!
    David B. Married on 06/05/2021

Unbelievably Talented

It is hard to put into words how essential Oxford Soul was to our wedding reception. As someone who always thinks wedding DJs are the corniest people alive, we were dead set on a band but also didn't want it to sound like my garage band did when I was 12. If you have any doubts about Oxford Soul whatsoever, go to their youtube channel and just give it a listen - these guys are unbelievable. I will never forget my parents, grandparents, friends, and coworkers all rocking out to the same music on the dance floor and having an absolute blast thanks to this top tier band.
  • illustration stars

Are you interested?

Send a message
    Vonna G. Married on 05/28/2021

Best Band Ever!!

They did not disappoint and really got the reception going. So fun! They can play anything too! 5 star
  • Wayne
    Wayne H. Married on 03/20/2021

The Upstate Throw-down of 2021

I am writing this review of our band from the perspective of the parents of our daughter who married in March, 2021. This wedding had been delayed for approximately one year because of the COVID lockdowns in 2020. We had hired the band, Oxford Soul, as early as 2019 to be the entertainment for the reception at a private social club in the upstate of South Carolina after the wedding. In having to reschedule the wedding date from 2020 to 2021, the band was so good to work with and made the change of date happen seamlessly. The playlist that my daughter and wife had requested was extensive and diverse in sound, but very easy to arrange. The group showed up and were set up on time...and were they ever so ready to perform! They played for about 3 hours, rocking us with an incredible vocals team accompanied by great music from the band, including a horns section. Their enthusiasm to be there for us was palpable as 150 people at the reception “let loose” nearly two years of pent-up happiness, joy, and celebration for our daughter and her husband. It is an understatement to say that Oxford Soul created an atmosphere of great sounds and enthusiasm that appealed to everyone, and sent all of our guests, and I mean every single guest, to the dance floor…from the youngest guests at age 5 to our oldest guests at age 90. At the conclusion of the reception we, the bride and groom and their families, realized that the reception could not have been better. I credit Oxford Soul for creating that celebratory atmosphere where everyone cut loose and just had a good time, which has prompted us now to call the reception the Upstate Throw-down! Congratulations and all our thanks to Oxford Soul!
    Kelly E. Married on 01/07/2021

Best band ever!

Awesome! We could not have asked for a better band! Communication with Ali via email prior to the event was always prompt, informative and professional. She quickly answered all of my questions. The band arrived for set up right on time. As soon as the first song was played, I knew it was going to be a great night! Guests danced the night away and many told us it was the most fun wedding they'd ever attended! That was just what we wanted to hear. We really hit jackpot when we selected Oxford Soul. We couldn't have asked for more!
  • Ryan
    Ryan M. Married on 11/14/2020
      5.0 out of 5 rating

If you want a good time, choose Oxford soul

Without a doubt, best band ever
    Jamie S. Married on 03/07/2020

The best band ever.

Oxford Soul is the BEST wedding band out there. They had our guests on the dance floor the ENTIRE night! Our dream! Not only are they all amazing musicians/singers, they are so fun and kind and easy to work with! Wish we could get married again just to experience the band again!!!
    James E. Married on 02/10/2020

Awesome, awesome band!

Unbelievable awesome group! We hired Oxford Soul for our company Christmas Party and they absolutely killed it! You will not believe the quality of the sound. This is not just some garage band hitting the street for a quick buck. You will feel like you are attending a top notch, highly produced concert! The sound is great and the music choices got everyone dancing. They even let me get up with the band and sing a song! So much fun. You will NOT be disappointed!
    Amanda A. Married on 12/10/2019

Best wedding band ever!

What a fun wedding band! Quite honestly, I think Oxford Soul would be fun for any event with the wide array of songs and genres they provided. It certainly completed our reception though. I love music and am very particular about it and I have not one single complaint about anything - their vocals, beat, lights, all of it was flawless. You can tell they practice together regularly and care about their delivery. They were punctual and easy to get a hold as we needed them. And we did change song requests a few times prior to the event and they went above and beyond to accommodate our requests. SO many people have contacted me after the wedding to inquire about the musical group. They come highly recommended from my husband and I (and the 160+ people in attendance that evening!) - and we hope to see them live again soon!
  • Ava
    Ava M. Married on 10/26/2019

Best. Band. Ever.

BEST. BAND. EVER. We have had multiple guests tell us they are the best wedding band they have heard. We could not agree more. They were so incredible. From the song selection to interacting with the crowd, they went above and beyond to make it a night to remember. They were very organized and prepared for our big day. I could not recommend them more!!!
    Jessica Married on 10/05/2019

Brings the party!

We eloped and had a reception after so it was basically just a big party with a band. Oxford Soul was the primary entertainment and man did they entertain!! We had so much fun! I am not a dancer and I did not leave the dance floor the entire night! I would highly recommend them for any event as long as you want a great party!
    Alley P. Married on 09/14/2019
      5.0 out of 5 rating

Unbelievable!!! Seriously, best wedding decision I made besides the groom :)

Oh my goodness, I literally cannot recommend Oxford Soul highly enough!! I took a gamble booking them as I hadn’t seen them in person before our wedding but they were hands down the best decision we made! The dance floor was PACKED from the beginning! It was a total blast and I cannot thank them enough!!
    Kathleen C. Married on 04/13/2019

Mother of the bride

Amazing! Music for the wedding was one of the highest priorities for us. Oxford Soul exceeded above and beyond our expectations. The dance floor was packed the whole night. Our guest couldn’t get over how fantastic Oxford Soul was. Already some of the engaged guests are reaching out to Oxford Soul for their wedding.
  • Madelyn
    Madelyn W. Married on 03/30/2019
      5.0 out of 5 rating

"Best wedding we've every been to!"

My wedding was several months ago, and I've heard time and time again from people that my wedding was the most fun party they've ever been to and I certainly chalk that up to Oxford Soul. I'm a live music snob and I can absolutely say they lived up to the hype.

Not only were they a blast and such talented musicians, but they were also incredibly easy to work with and professional. My dad had a freak out about some stuff the week before my wedding, and the lead singer of the band was willing to hop on a call with us no questions asked to talk through everything. 10/10, I'd use these guys all over again.
  • Justin
    Justin O. Married on 02/08/2019

10/10 incredible!

Oxford Soul provided exactly what we needed and more! They were setup and ready right on time. From the very beginning of the evening to the end of the night our guests were having a blast. They even threw in a few old patriotic classics we requested since it was right before 4th of July. The thoughtfulness, professionalism, and musicianship was second to none. So many of our guests were saying how they sounded like a touring band. Honestly couldn’t recommend these guys enough for a wedding or party of any kind. If you like to party, these are your people.
    Jackie Married on 12/15/2018

Amazing band!

Oxford Soul was the highlight of our wedding. They were the best wedding band I have ever seen, and everything I imagined and more. Having an amazing band our #1 and we looked hard and long to find Oxford Soul. Somehow we stumbled upon their website and it was a no brainer when we saw the videos. Further, the communication from the band was above and beyond. They responded to every question thoughtfully and quickly. They really know what they are doing - very professional. They have this down to a science by sending out a questionnaire and then we provided a list of songs we liked from what they performed in addition to them learning 2 new songs we casually asked about. They were amazing at the wedding - everyone was on the dance floor and loving the band. The only thing I wish we would have changed was adding a larger dance floor! They played all the songs we requested and kept a good mix of new and old that got everyone fired up. Worth every single penny. The singers were on point - they played Prince - Kiss and the singer hit every single note. Most of us were watching in awe as he sing the song. It was unreal. Literally we were on the dance floor the entire night - this band is young, fresh and has amazing vocals and musical talent. It's not your average wedding band - we had soo many compliments - many saying it was the best wedding band they too had seen. We were thrilled to see all our friends and family dancing and having fun since that was all we wanted.
  • Lindsay
    Lindsay Married on 05/14/2016

The best choice!

As a wedding planner I have the opportunity to work with and hear a lot of wedding bands. Oxford Soul is literally one of the best bands I’ve ever had the pleasure of hearing!! WOW! You will not be disappointed in any way by choosing Oxford Soul for your event. They were amazing to work with and super easy to please.
    Shelley Married on 11/06/2015
      5.0 out of 5 rating

Wedding Planner FAVORITE !!!

Love recommending and shouting my praises for The Oxford Soul band to my couples. Always know the night will be a B L A S T and the dance floor will be packed! So accommodating and the process on detailing out the music and logistics of the day shows they know what they are doing! - Shelley with Merit Event Co.
  • Chris
    Chris S. Married on 02/23/2019
    4.8 out of 5 rating
      4.0 out of 5 rating
      5.0 out of 5 rating

Stop wasting your time and book these guys!

After considering some other local options, we decided to go with Oxford Soul and we could not have been happier! They exceeded our expectations in every regard. Their sound was excellent, having covered such a large range of music from modern pop tracks to our slower first dance song.

Every single one of our guests was on the dance floor the entire night. I’m not exaggerating when I say it felt way more like a concert than a stuffy wedding event.

We went with a 7pc arrangement, and I would highly recommend it. Having the additional artists made for great variety in their sets and a very full sound.

We could not have made a better choice with our wedding band and know you’ll have the same experience when you entrust your special day with Oxford Soul!
illustration stars