Oviedo Florist Reviews

55 Reviews for Oviedo Florist

• Theresa & William

Theresa & William · Married on 01/05/2019

Theresa & William Wedding

The service and quality was the best, from the Flower Girl Basket, to the The rest of the Groomsmen, Bridesmaid, Bride and Groom was above and beyond.

Thank you so much for making our day a very special one.

Theresa and William

• Heather

Heather · Married on 12/29/2018

Beautiful Flowers!

Marlene with Oviedo Florist was wonderful! The flowers were stunning and we were able to enjoy the flowers from our wedding for two weeks after the event!

• jordan

jordan · Married on 11/10/2018

Oviedo Florist is the best!

I can not say enough good things about Oviedo Florist. Marlene is amazing. She has a passion for flowers and knew exactly what I wanted when I explained what I envisioned. She also let me borrow lanterns and vases for my center pieces which was a relief since that can add up! Her prices were unbeatable as well. Such a value for the amount of detail and perfection that was displayed at my wedding. Seeing everything come together at my wedding was unbelievable. It was so beautiful and better than what i could imagine it would be. Everyone commented on how amazing the floral arrangements looked and how it went perfect with our venue (paradise cove). Thank you so much Marlene!!

Sent on 11/20/2018

Oviedo Florist's reply:

Thank you Jordan! We loved making your wedding flowers for you!
    You were wonderful to work with, and we wish you and your husband all the best!

JoAn · Married on 12/30/2017

Marlene created the most amazing bouquets. She recreated exactly what I wanted from photos provided. Everything was delivered on time and the quality was amazing.

Erica · Married on 11/04/2017

Oviedo Florist provided my bouquets, boutonnières and eucalyptus table runners for my wedding. Oviedo Florist completely exceeded my expectations. My bouquet was stunning, it included succulents, hydrangeas, lavender and eucalyptus. Marlene took so much of her time to discuss exactly what I wanted, she was informative and patient with me throughout the entire process. They delivered everything to the venue the day of and set up the eucalyptus on the tables for me! I would highly recommended Oviedo Florist and will not hesitate to use them in the future!

Julie · Married on 11/05/2016

Marlene at Oviedo Florist was a dream to work with! She met with my daughter and me on multiple occasions to discuss our vision for the wedding flowers. The arrangements, bouquets, and boutonnieres were all stunning! Oviedo Florist has top-notch quality with hometown, friendliness. The flowers were all we hoped for and more! Thank you, Marlene!

Sent on 12/28/2016

Oviedo Florist's reply:

Thank you! We love doing weddings and we love being Oviedo's hometown florist!

Christy · Married on 10/08/2016

Marlene the owner is very professional and super nice. She did a fabulous job on my daughters wedding. She took notes as we sat down with her, she gave us suggestions. She has been in business a long time and you can tell, she knows her business. I would recommend Oviedo Florist for any flowers.

Wonderful staff and received perfect flowers!

Kay · Married on 06/26/2016

The flowers at my wedding at Timacuan Golf and Country Club were stunning thanks to Oviedo Florist! Marlene the owner was very helpful and more than willing to work within our budget. She listened and took notes during our planning meetings and had great suggestions on how to maximize our flower arrangements within the given budget. Clearly Marlene really listened and understood what we wanted because our flowers more than exceeded our expectations, my mother was very pleased! The arrangements Marlene created were truly inspired by the examples I had shown her during our meetings. My bouquet was beautiful! Oviedo Florist does many weddings at Timacuan so it was a plus that they knew the venue and have a good relationship with the onsite wedding coordinator. I received many compliments on the flowers and would use them again for future events. Would definitely recommend. Thank you Marlene/ Oviedo Florist!

Sent on 09/07/2016

Oviedo Florist's reply:

We loved being a part of your wedding! You chose really beautiful flowers, had a great vision for your wedding and we thought is was wonderful how everything came together! Thank you for your kind comments and for having us be a part of your wedding day! - Marlene

My finance new he wanted to go with Marlene and her team right away, their patience, listening & notetaking skills and expertise sold us immediately. They were very helpful and my bridal bouquet was to die for, beyond my wildest dreams. Thanks!

Kelley · Married on 04/02/2016

I can't say enough good things about Marlene and Oviedo Florist! I was a little unsure of going with them initially because I couldn't find so many pictures of weddings they had done online (I seem to be able to find a good website for them now though). However, in our first consultation with Marlene, she displayed expertise and a great willingness to work in our budget. She was so flexible too! She invited us back for a second free consultation to show us flowers we discussed and allowed us to take them home for free BEFORE we signed a contract. She wasn't bothered by our budget. In fact, she started showing us ways she could help us save money and have fabulous flower decorations. She showed us a picture from a previous wedding where she used lanterns with the glass removed and flowers blooming out from the center. Those lanterns adorned the end of the aisle in the ceremony, and then were moved into the reception to be used as centerpieces. We loved it and did the same thing at our wedding! We also asked about decorating a large wooden cross with flowers, and she showed us how we could make a smaller cross FROM flowers that could moved from the ceremony to the reception too.

She was well-prepared too. We wanted to use cherry blossoms, which are difficult to time and work with. She ordered real cherry blossoms and silk cherry blossoms just in case, and she didn't charge us for whatever was left unused. The real ones didn't bloom as much as expected, so she used both real and silk flowers in the bouquets and real ones only in the centerpieces.

If you're looking to have fabulous flowers within a budget, make sure you talk to Marlene! If you're looking to have a lavish wedding, I wouldn't overlook Oviedo Florists. Their facilities seem large enough to accommodate huge orders.

Sent on 05/24/2016

Oviedo Florist's reply:

Thanks Kelly!!! We really liked your wedding too - even though those cherry blossoms tested our expertise!!! In the end, I thought everything looked really nice! (Wish the weather had held up better for you though!) A note to Brides who may be looking - Kelly is right - she didn't find any pictures with cherry blossoms, because they are very seasonal. If you have something you want in the way of flowers, but can't seem to find pictures - come in and let us see if we help you plan what you envision for your big day! - Marlene

Melanie · Married on 03/12/2016

I walked in with a certain vision in my head, and within minutes they had designed the exact bouquet I had in mind. It was absolutely perfect, and the boutonniere was spot on also.

Sent on 03/16/2016

Oviedo Florist's reply:

Thanks Melanie! You worked with Laurie and she makes the prettiest bridal bouquets - we are so glad it was everything you wanted it to be!
    Thanks for letting Oviedo Florist be a part of your wonderful wedding day!
  • User6411905 · 2+ years ago

I cannot say enough positive things about Oviedo Florist! From our first meeting with Marlene to the day of the wedding, Marlene and her team went above and beyond any normal vendor services. We had been to several florists before Oviedo Florist, and they just did not understand what my daughter was wanting. We felt like a number in a long line of brides...with a very expensive price tag at the end. However, when my daughter and I first met with Marlene and my daughter explained what she was wanting, Marlene immediately "caught the vision". She had so many wonderful ideas, was awesome at showing us examples, and we could tell right away that it was very important to Marlene that she understand exactly what the bride was wanting. When we left there, we were excited because Oviedo Florist was excited about doing our wedding. Their personal interest made us feel like their only customer! The flowers were absolutely beautiful...and exactly what my daughter was hoping for. In fact, all of the flowers...from the garlands to the bouquets and arrangements...far exceeded our expectations. AND Marlene helped us and made it possible to stay within our budget! Thank you, Oviedo Florist, for helping to make my daughter's wedding day flowers PERFECT!

Sent on 02/24/2016

Oviedo Florist's reply:

Thank you for letting us be a part of your very special day! Your daughter had such a great vision and plan for here wedding- It was all her ideas and we loved being able to make it come to life!. We agree - the wedding was beautiful, from the venue and THAT DRESS!!!, and all the detail - It was one of the nicest we've ever worked on!

Becky · Married on 12/13/2015

I was blown away by Marlene and the flowers that she provided for my wedding! From the very first meeting, she provided the best customer service and was so helpful and kind. I got so many complements on my flowers and she helped us stay within our budget! Marlene even went out of her way to deliver the flowers to a location that we were taking photos. I would highly recommend her and her shop for any flower occasion!

We met with the owner of the shop, Marlene, three different times planning my daughter's recent wedding. We had a peacock color palette but we were not sure what we wanted to do exactly for the bouquets, boutonnières, courageous, and reception center pieces. Marlene was amazing in the way she walked us through the process, keeping in mind our budget and my daughter's choices throughout. We absolutely fell in love with her and she took some last minute items off my plate--aisle decorations, decorating the flower basket, making the flower girl headpiece, etc. without blinking an eye. This helped me tremendously the closer we got to the wedding. The flowers were gorgeous and we received countless compliments. Not only were we thrilled with the flowers but we feel like we made a friend.

Elisabeth · Married on 06/13/2015

Marlene and the crew at Oviedo Florist really know what they are doing! Marlene knew just what I was looking for in my bouquets and center pieces! I could not have asked more beautiful flowers! Marlene really takes the time to make sure she knows what you are looking for, and is very patient with any changes you make! I highly recommend Oviedo Florist to do your wedding. I was not disappointed!

Oviedo Florist greatly exceeded my expectations! I heard about this florist through a friend and wasn't sure what to expect. The shop is small and a little bit dated. I showed up for my first meeting with a Pinterest board of flowers and bouquets I liked (definitely the way to go). First of all (as you might expect), she knew every single flower on my board and was knowledgable of what would be in season during the time of the wedding and made suggestions for replacements of flowers that wouldn't be available. My first meeting with Marlene had me a little nervous. Her suggestions were very dated to me, but when I brought up ideas, she was very knowledgable of all of the latest trends. When I told her my budget, she confidently told me that she could do everything I wanted for about half of my budget. The day of the wedding I was blown away by how beautiful and spot-on the bouquets looked! She also made floral crowns for my three flowers girls which were perfect. Working with Marlene and Oviedo Florist was probably the easiest part of my wedding. I would definitely recommend!

Sent on 07/02/2015

Oviedo Florist's reply:

Thanks for your review! We loved working with your ideas and making your vision come to life. Your venue was perfect for the flowers you chose. I am so glad you liked how they turned out - we really liked it too! Best Wishes!
    Marlene
    PS. You comments about the shop being a bit dated are well taken. We are in the process of giving the shop a face lift - stop in in a few weeks and let us know what you think!

I hired Oviedo Florist for my wedding this past April. Marlene was fabulous!! She took time out of her busy schedule to meet with me several times to discuss details (email and in person). I showed her multiple pictures on Pinterest and she was able to help me select the most appropriate flowers and colors. Marlene provided exceptional customer service and was able to make my visions come to reality! The flowers were fresh and great quality for an affordable price. She was even able to work in a few last minute requests. Pricing estimates are available on their website (http://www.oviedoflorist.com/weddings.html), so I knew ahead of time apx cost. The quote was within my budget, so I did not feel the need to shop around. Marlene personally delivered my flowers on the day of my wedding and met with me to make sure I was satisfied with the final product. I was able to keep my bouquet in water and one of my centerpieces for almost a week after the wedding. Thank you again for all your help!

Sent on 05/06/2015

Oviedo Florist's reply:

Thank you for such nice comments!! I am blessed to have a really great staff - the ladies here are so talented and we love doing weddings! Thanks again for your comments - It is an honor to be part of your special day.
    -Marlene

Jonathan · Married on 01/03/2015

Love the look they were able to create for us! We had a specific vision in mind for our special day, they took the time to take actual flowers out to show us the size and texture to allow us to be able to order the right amount. We saved so much money buying locally! The flowers were breath taking on the day of our wedding, not one was discolored or old, each was fresh and the way we asked for them to be set up!

Joy · Married on 12/20/2014

Such beautiful arrangements and such eager and willingness to help me with my budget! Couldn't ask for anything more and couldn't believe my "Bang for my buck"! Super professional and super friendly! Would recommend to anyone with florist needs.

Sent on 01/19/2015

Oviedo Florist's reply:

Thank you Joy, for your kind words! It was a pleasure to provide the flowers for your wedding. I'm so glad your wedding day was everything you wanted it to be. You were a beautiful Bride!!!

Shanna · Married on 11/08/2014

I came into Oviedo Florist at last minute in need of bouquets for my wedding. My original plan had fallen through and Oviedo Florist took me right in. My bouquet was beautiful and everything I could have possibly asked for. I had huge sunflowers with wheat in between. They had taken my vision and put it in front of me. The staff was great, the delivery guy was awesome and everything was perfectly on time. I would recommend them to anyone and will definitely visit again in the future!

Megan · Married on 11/01/2014

Oviedo Florist was amazing!! Unlike other florists I meet with, Marlene agreed to put samples together so I could see the fall flowers and fine tune the different arrangements. The flowers turned out better then I imagined.

Sent on 11/11/2014

Oviedo Florist's reply:

Thank you Megan! We've done lots and lots of fall themed weddings - yours is one of the best we've ever done! The flowers you picked and the containers were just amazing. We loved bringing the arch to life- your ideas and our flowers- it was a really beautiful setting!!

Celeste · Married on 10/25/2014

Oviedo Florist is absolutely wonderful. Easy to work with, full of suggestions and ideas. Flowers were fresh and beautiful!! The bridal bouquet was a topic of conversation. Exactly what we envisioned. Exceptional quality and service. Thank you for making our daughter's wedding a day to remember.

Carrie · Married on 10/25/2014

This florist is amazing! The owner Marlene is extremely personable, knowledgeable, flexible, and friendly. She was very easy to work with and can accommodate any budget. She is extremely helpful, has great decorating ideas, and is quick to respond to emails and phone calls. I wanted a way to incorporate my mother's 47 yr old wedding dress into my wedding, but it was not preserved and was in bad shape. Marlene came up with a wonderful idea to cut a section of the dress and wrap it around the stems of my wedding bouquet!! My Mom and I loved it! Her staff was early to arrive for set up and the reception tables were even more beautiful than I imagined. My bouquet and all of our bridal party's flowers were gorgeous!! I was extremely pleased with everything! I HIGHLY recommend this vendor!

Sent on 11/09/2014

Oviedo Florist's reply:

Thank you Carrie! We thought your wedding was just beautiful too! You had great ideas and it was wonderful to see all come together! Thanks for letting us be a part of your wonderful day. marlene

Tammy · Married on 09/27/2014

Flowers arrived promptly and they worked within my budget. My bouquet was beautiful and my grandmother loved her corsage. We didn't have a large budget but you wouldn't know it by our flowers, they did a great job.