Overture Center for the Arts with Catering a Fresco Reviews

Overture Center for the Arts with Catering a Fresco 3
Overture Center for the Arts with Catering a Fresco 4
Overture Center for the Arts with Catering a Fresco 5

Katherine · Married on 06/09/2018

The Overture Center went above and beyond to make sure our day was perfect. Throughout the wedding process, they checked in several times to answer any questions and were continually available. The catering provided a wide range of options and were flexible to accommodate specialty cocktails and late night snacks. On the day of the wedding, they coordinated with our various vendors seamlessly. The reception went by so fast and without a hitch due to their efforts. A secret gem of a venue in Madison!!

Sent on 06/26/2018

Overture Center for the Arts with Catering a Fresco's reply:

We are so happy that your big day lived up to everything that you could have ever dreamed of! The space was absolutely beautiful! There were so many "Oos" and "Aahs" from your guests! Thank you so much for giving us the opportunity to play such a important role in your big day! CONGRATULATIONS!

KB · Married on 06/09/2018

The Overture Center is nothing short of incredible. Danielle / Youngjin could not have done a better job throughout the entire process. Perfect venue. Perfect food. Perfect wedding.

Sent on 07/08/2018

Christine · Married on 01/16/2016

We had a blast working with Catering a Fresco and the Overture Center for the Arts. The two companies made a great team for venue and food. The food was beautifully crafted and tasted just as good (if not better) than it looked. our guests couldn't believe the quality of food, venue and service and are still talking about the artful salads and the reception lighting. Our team was a joy to work with, timely, proactive, professional, and fun! Even through the crunch time planning they were easy to work with, open to changes and customization, and our day came together perfectly and without a hitch. They are considered an expensive Madison venue, but for us they were worth every penny. At the end of our reception we felt that our caterer and event coordinators were part of our new family because of the time and effort they put into making our day amazing.

Sent on 02/14/2016
  • Allison

Allison · Married on 08/08/2015

My wife and I live in Oakland, CA but are originally from the Madison area. When we got engaged we knew we wanted to get married back home. We searched around but soon settled on OCA and Catering a Fresco for our event. Taralinda, the event coordinator, was beyond amazing with her responsiveness, professionalism and creativity that helped make our wedding ceremony run without a hitch. Amanda, the catering manager, was very informative and flexible, which is what we needed when planning our day from 2,000 miles away. Our ceremony and reception took place in the Promenade Hall and Terrace--it was simple beautiful. We are both vegetarian and so was our entire event. We had many skeptical, meat-eating relatives that could not stop raving about the food! Amanda and Taralinda were also great at coordinating with our other vendors to ensure that day was perfect.

It should also be noted that we are a same-sex couple and were a bit concerned when searching for a wedding location. OCA and Catering a Fresco were extremely inclusive and treated us and our guests with the utmost respect. We would HIGHLY recommend this location to our LGBT family.

Sent on 08/16/2015

Charlie & Annie · Married on 07/25/2015

Amanda Caldwell-Jernigan (Wedding & Events Coordinator, Catering a Fresco) and Taralinda Willis (Event Coordinator, Overture Center) are the dynamic duo that you dream of having for your big day. After seeing the Overture Center when my now husband and I went searching in Madison last year, it quickly became clear to us that it was exactly where we should have our wedding - and what sealed the deal were the immediate and awesome relationships that we formed with Amanda and Taralinda. Their dedication to the big and little things, their flexibility, consideration, meticulousness, and going above and beyond with planning a wedding where the bride and groom reside in Illinois, my parents are in New Jersey, and the wedding is in Wisconsin - was absolutely tremendous, and they executed everything with ease. They made the entire planning and execution process stress-free, simple to navigate in every way possible, and made our special day the best day of our lives so far. We had our ceremony on the Overture Hall Main Stage (which we highly recommend to all you music and theater fans out there!), the cocktail hour in the Promenade Lobby and the reception in the Main Lobby downstairs. Overall, everything was spectacular, the food was remarkable, and we danced the night away! We highly recommend them as well as the Overture Center for a wedding or any catered event!

Sent on 08/12/2015

Connie · Married on 04/18/2015

We were able to rent the Overture Center Main lobby and Promenade Lobby for the wedding reception and dinner at a discounted price. This happens occasionally at the Overture Center as the Madison Symphony Orchestra rents the entire space plus the theater to practice. Essentially we subletted from them. Our event began at 4:30 pm and their practice was over by 5 pm. We never saw or heard from the symphony to it worked out very well. Working with Overture staff and Catering a Fresco staff was very comfortable. They were organized but flexible. They answered all our questions and provided assistance at the event when needed. The food was outstanding! Hot and delicious! The flow of the event was natural and on time. They know how to handle large groups. I highly recommend them to service a wedding event. I have two more daughters that will married in the future and I would not hesitate to host again at Overture.

Sent on 04/23/2015

Matt · Married on 08/22/2014

Can I give them a higher rating than 5 stars! They helped make our wedding what it was. The venue is beautiful and they do everything they can to make your day easy and stress free. Our wedding and reception were perfect and this is in large part due to their professionalism and flexibility. Taralinda and Amanda are amazing and I like to think they work as hard for everyone as they did for us. We looked at a few venues but the overture was the one for us. We knew it immediately when we walked in. I am still getting compliments about the food, it was DELICIOUS! There is so much more I would love to share about what they were able to do for us but you will have to find that out for yourself.

Sent on 09/02/2014

Allison · Married on 05/31/2014

Catering al Fresco was amazing at our Overture Center wedding! Amanda, the catering manager, was fabulous to work with. We chose a package for our guests. The food, drinks, and service was amazing! We got so many compliments on our food post-wedding. The wait staff and bartenders were very quick and friendly! Amanda was also great day-of. I would HIGHLY recommend them! As for Overture staff, they are nothing but excellent! Taralinda was amazing, she was my pseudo-wedding planner. All her recommendations for vendors & planning were just perfect. I couldn't have planned a wedding without her. Gorgeous venue & incredible staff!

Sent on 06/17/2014

Jenny · Married on 01/04/2014

We had a very positive experience -- and it was arranged in just over a week! It was a very small wedding, but the numbers changed, there were dietary restrictions, photo booths, musicians and a dance floor were added as planning evolved -- and Overture was closed for two holidays. The time constraints were severe, but everything go done on time, to spec and with grace. It was a very professional, kind, accommodating team -- on the event and catering side, and unfailingly polite and efficient bar/wait staff the night of. We had a simply brilliant wedding reception. Hats of!

Sent on 01/17/2014

becca · Married on 08/24/2013

The Overture Center is a beautiful place to get married. The staff is outstanding, and very helpful. Any questions you have, whether it's related to overture or where you can find items for your wedding, they will go out of their way to help you get answers. They make you feel very comfortable, and are quick on their feet when responding to situations that may arise.

Sent on 09/11/2013

Kelsey · Married on 08/17/2013

My wedding was everything I wanted and more. The Overture is a beautiful space that doesn't feel stuffy, crowded and is muted yet beautiful you can make it all your own!

Sent on 09/03/2013

Excellent service, presentation and quality of food! All of our wedding guests were amazed with how good the food was. Also being able to accommodate our guest who had food allergies was wonderful. We can't thank you enough for making our wedding dinner reception wonderful and unforgettable. We couldn't have asked for anything better!

Sent on 08/02/2013
  • User3419417 · 2+ years ago

Everyone at the Overture Center was extremely helpful, kind, and accommodating. Our event coordinator, Taralinda, was exceptional. Like many brides, I was worried about a lot of the small details for my wedding, but Taralinda handled everything beautifully. Because of her help, Kyle and I were able to sit back, relax, and actually enjoy being at our own wedding.

Sent on 07/25/2013

Tara · Married on 06/08/2013

The Overture Center far exceeded our expectations. Our wedding reception was absolutely beautiful! The staff at Overture went above and beyond from the initial planning to the time the reception was over. They were attentive, helpful, and so wonderful to work with. We would highly recommend the Overture Center!

Sent on 07/01/2013

Megan · Married on 05/11/2013

A truly stunning venue for our reception. We had the Promendade Terrace and Hall for our 150 guest wedding. Prior to the event, Taralinda from Overture and Lyndsay from a Fresco were so helpful in getting things set up and ideas together. They're quick in getting in contact with you to answer questions and offer suggestions.

The venue was raved about by our guests and the food was excellent--beyond "wedding food". When my husband and I circulated around tables of guests all we saw were empty plates.

A wonderful experience and it exceeded our dreams of what a reception venue could be like. Thank you to the staff who were so helpful, polite, and professional!

Sent on 05/15/2013
  • Luke

Luke · Married on 04/28/2013

The Overture Center event and catering coordinators are extremely professional and helpful. The facility stands out from all other facilities in Madison to host your wedding (much better than the Monona Terrace). Guests will be talking about how good the food was for weeks!

Sent on 05/15/2013

Kira · Married on 12/31/2012

Amazing place to get married and have a reception! The staff is top notch.

Sent on 01/14/2013

Ray · Married on 08/25/2012

The management and staff are wonderful. They provide a lot of guidance and help. The food was fabulous. Hot, tasty and well presented. We had veveral glowing comments from the reception guests (We didn't do our ceremony there)

We felt that the room was tastful without being stuffy.
    In comparison we didn't find it to be overly expensive for what you received.

Sent on 10/04/2012

Laura · Married on 06/09/2012

We had our wedding reception at the Overture Center and it was absolutely amazing. It is a beautiful space, the food is delicious, and the staff and quality of service are wonderful. Taralinda (our room coordinator) went above and beyond – she worked closely with us to help make our wedding perfect. When I first saw our space, I was blown away at how closely she listened to my ideas and how perfectly she executed them. She had great suggestions and was very responsive and attentive. And Lyndsay (with Catering a Fresco) was a great resource and had so many wonderful ideas and recommendations. She made sure the entire event ran smoothly, and I loved how she continued to check in with my husband and me throughout the evening. I felt like I had wonderful relationships with Taralinda and Lyndsay, and they both made the planning process so much easier.

The people at Overture are true professionals and the quality of service cannot be matched. It may be a little more expensive than other venues, but it is entirely worth it. I can’t recommend them enough!

Sent on 07/16/2012

Nicole · Married on 10/08/2011

The Overture Center for the Arts was fantastic. The food was excellent and everyone was so professional and accommodating. I would definitely recommend this venue for your wedding reception (I had only my reception at the Overture Center, not my ceremony).

Sent on 11/01/2011

Dawn · Married on 07/09/2011

exceptional service! food was wonderful. Very nice venue!

Sent on 07/21/2011

The staff at both Overture and Catering a Fresco are great! Throughout the entire planning process they were on top of everything, helping make sure I was on track, and asking about all of the details. They respond to emails immediately and are flexible. I was able to set up everything for the reception the day before and when I didn't like the head table set up we had chosen, they rearranged it for me no problem. They follow up with the vendors and coordinate with them so you don' t have to worry about it.

On the day of, our wedding was perfectly coordinated and the food was amazing! Everyone was so helpful, pleasant, and & attentive.

Sent on 08/31/2015

Amirah · Married on 08/09/2014

The Overture Center was an amazing wedding venue. It stands on its own. For a bride that looks for simple elegance, this is your venue. They can also go crazy - Taralinda and Amanda want to know the vision of the couple and will do whatever they can to get it done. Catering a Fresco was a bit pricey, but it was worth it. They will do everything to make sure all guests are happy. The food was great! I would definitely go with the Overture Center again for my wedding.

Sent on 09/03/2014
  • StephanieWilso

Stephanie · Married on 07/12/2014

The overture center main lobby is an amazingly beautiful space. A little pricey but you will not regret it. Getting to work with Taralinda (overture event coordinator) and Amanda (fresco caterering coordinator) by going with Overture center as our venue was like getting a free wedding coordinator team (we didn't have to hire anyone else). They are well versed in all the details needed to make your day amazing and have it go off without a hitch and walk you through the process step by step. They also have ample recommendations of other vendors for the additional things you may want but are never pushy about who you work with or what options you select. They were flexible in our meal selections as well. We could not be happier with our choice of the Overture.

Sent on 08/12/2014

Michael · Married on 11/03/2012

The Overture Center Staff was highly organized, and ran our event flawlessly. The food was amazing, and it was very easy to set everything up via phone and email.

Sent on 11/20/2012