Over The Rainbow Cupcakes Reviews

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2015 Winner
  • WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2014 Winner

• Amy
    Amy S. Married on 05/29/2021

LOVED our wedding cake!!!

SUCH a delicious and gorgeous wedding cake - Melissa and Roman worked with my budget and made exactly the cake I was looking for. Strawberry Cheesecake with Vanilla Pearls - buttercream frosting with greenery and florals. So gorgeous. The tasting was fabulous and people raved about our cake for days. Thank you guys - was so wonderful to work with you!!!
  • Alexis
    Alexis Married on 02/22/2020

Loved my experience!

My husband and I are pretty picky about our desserts, so we were so excited to find a bakery that offered so many unique cake flavors for our wedding. Our cake was everything we hoped for! I explained my ideas about what we wanted and they delivered something even better than I imagined. We absolutely did not wait until our first anniversary to eat the top tier because it was way too delicious. The donuts were beautiful and definitely one of the most complimented aspects of our wedding. I'm so happy I found this bakery and will definitely be back.
  • Catie
    Catie Married on 04/06/2019

Beautiful Delicious Cake!

Roman and team made a wonderful, delicious cake for our wedding. The tasting experience wasn't exactly like the movies - we were given a box of cupcakes to take on our way with us - but we had every option available to us and ended up with a beautiful cake that made my new husband (a big cake fan) extremely happy.
    Annette O. Married on 11/22/2018

Romantic wedding cake

We loved our romantic wedding cake decorated with white roses. It was beautiful.
    The taste was amazingly lemony. Perfectly fresh to go with our champagne.
    Thank you!!!
    N Married on 10/13/2018
    Loved working with Roman and his team! He was easy to communicate with from the beginning and was very reasonable. Fully listened to what we wanted-- roughly 200 macarons and just a small cutting cake-- without pushing anything extra. Highly recommend for Palm Springs area! Great desserts and a great experience. Thank you, Roman!
    Kathryn Married on 08/25/2018
    We loved our desert themed cupcakes and wedding cake! The flavors are so unique and combined perfectly. It was easy and efficient to work with Roman. He was very helpful with our budget and how to select the perfect flavors. We will definitely be recommending Over the Rainbow to friends and family!
    Christina Married on 06/02/2018
    Roman is fantastic and let’s talk about those desserts! I am not a sweets person by any means but from the moment we met Roman then ate his samples we knew we had to use him! He’s exceptionally kind and accommodating but his cakes are moist, and the frosting is smooth - not that terrible gritty mess! We had everyone asking us where our cake was from and two weeks after our wedding we just ate the last piece and it takes as good as it did on our wedding day! Roman will be our forever cake maker and friend.
    Hatty Married on 05/05/2018
    Over the Rainbow made our 3-tier naked wedding cake, mini donuts and cookies for our dessert bar and we couldn’t be happier with the look and taste of everything! Our wedding cake was super moist and just the perfect amount of sweetness. The mini donuts were a HUGE hit with our guests and the cookies just melted in your mouth! Not only were all the desserts drool-worthy, the presentation was impeccable! They really nailed the bohemian and romantic vibe and color palette of our wedding. The service was also on point! We visited the bakery for our tasting and the entire team treated us like family. Roman was so sweet and packed us a little treat box of all our wedding desserts to eat after the event, in case we didn’t get a chance to try them during the wedding. We ate our leftover cake and donuts for breakfast and took the bag of cookies with us on our honeymoon! The cookies were THAT good. We will definitely be stopping by the bakery every time we’re in Palm Springs to pick up a treat! Thank you Roman and the entire Over the Rainbow team!
    Rachel Married on 11/11/2017
    Roman and his team made the most delicious desserts for our wedding! We absolutely picked the right baker! He got our vision down to a tee and delivered as promised! My mouth is watering just thinking about the salted caramel macaroons he dusted in gold and the lemon bars!! It was all just amazing!!!!
  • Anita
    Anita Married on 12/11/2016
    Our wedding cake was perfection! I asked Roman for a red velvet semi-naked cake, vanilla bean cake pops, and old fashion glazed, and cinnamon sugar (GF) donuts. The donuts were a hit with our guests. The cake pops were so delicious. But the cake....Heaven.
    Amy Married on 10/22/2016
    Love love love Roman and his creations! Not only are they delicious, but they are unique! Our wedding cake was BEAUTIFUL! Our guests raved about the maple bacon balls as well. Roman was super easy to work with and created our vision beautifully! He let us try every flavor of cake and even sent some samples home with us. Amazing service and quality and bang for your buck! We would HIGHLY recommend Over the Rainbow Cupcakes!
  • lyvluv
    Yvonne Married on 06/04/2016
    A huge hug of gratitude to Roman from Over The Rainbow Cupcakes. I wish we lived in the desert Over The Rainbow would be our go to bakery for any and every special event. You bet we'll be stopping by whenever we are in the desert. So glad we booked with them promptly. The hardest part of working with Roman and Leah was choosing which out of this world desserts to offer our guests. Without question stop searching for your wedding baker because Over The Rainbow Cupcakes is it. Yvonne & Jill
    Aubrie L. Married on 12/14/2015
    My husband and I held a very small and intimate destination wedding this December and hired Roman over the internet/phone to do our wedding cake. I had peeked on his Instagram and was impressed by his advertised allergen-free baking abilities as well as his price point.

It was the right decision.

We chose a small naked cake with succulents and it was beautiful. Beyond that, it was absolutely delicious. I am completely stumped too because I am allergic to dairy and soy and my maid of honour is allergic to gluten, yet this gorgeous cake was some of the best baking I have ever tasted.

Roman also was very kind to us when the hotel refused to store the cake and he went out of his way to make our day stress-free. He didn't care that our wedding party was small. He treated us like friends. We trusted him and he delivered 200%.

Between Roman at Over the Rainbow and Gregory at My Little Flower Shop, we felt so well-cared for in Palm Springs. I highly recommend this bakery.
    Phoenix Married on 11/01/2015
    We wanted a naked cake with some floral design elements. We pulled a picture off of pinterest of how we wanted our cake to look and Roman made it look EXACTLY as the picture it was perfect. The price was really reasonable they delivered direct to venue and even gave us an extra 30 slices in an additional cake we didn't even pay for. On top of it looking really really good the guests said it was the best TASTING wedding cake they have ever had and they were coming back for second and third slices...I would highly recommend him for any sweets for your events. Not just cakes, he does it all.
    Carol Married on 06/20/2015
    Roman created a traditional Southern groom's cake for our son's rehearsal dinner and also provided another cake in a different flavor for the chocolate lovers in the crowd. I had asked that he recreate the signature golf hole from the NY golf course my son and now daughter in law play and he nailed it! He even added golf bags that looked just like the bride and groom's bags. Not only did the cake design totally delight us but the cake itself was absolutely delicious! Moist and fresh, even as we enjoyed leftovers several days after the event! Thanks to Over the Rainbow for helping make our event so memorable! Highly recommend!
    Rachel Married on 06/20/2015
    Roman was incredible to work with on our wedding cake and dessert table. We first met him at his shop after setting up an appointment (as we are out-of-towners and had a destination wedding in Palm Springs). He was ready and waiting with cupcakes of the cake flavors we had emailed about trying - and they were all delicious! We talked about some tweaks and he was more than happy to make the flavor adjustments we desired. And we had ideas for mini desserts which he was happy to create and integrate into his list of options.

Overall, he promised, and delivered. The cake was beautiful and exactly what we imagined it looking like. And the mini desserts were delightful and beautiful. He's the real deal, and if you have any opportunity to work with him, or just stop in his shop for a treat, I highly recommend it!
    Tera Married on 06/14/2015
    Roman was very helpful in the planning stages of our daughters wedding, as well as flexible. His presentations displayed atop a baby grand piano were very complimentary to the decor. Everything he made was delicious and he spares no expense making it beautiful.
    Andrea Married on 06/14/2015
    I love that we can come into the shop and get a free anniversary cake. They make you feel like family once you do business with them.
    Brooke Married on 06/06/2015
    Roman is incredibly passionate about desserts and and his enthusiasm is very infectious! My husband (then fiancee) and I went for a tasting at Over the Rainbow and we were so impressed by the quality of the desserts and Roman's energetic personality, that choosing him as our wedding vendor was a no-brainer. We went with a naked carrot cake, Mexican wedding cookies, and macarons, and all were very delicious and stunningly beautiful. He really goes the extra mile to accommodate guests with allergies and dietary restrictions and even brought us some nut- and dairy-free cupcakes gratis when he heard that there were guests with those restrictions. I wanted some succulents on top of the cake to fit in with the desert ranch vibe, and Roman offered to pick them up himself for us, which is just one of many examples of how he really goes above and beyond for his customers. He will do his outmost to execute your vision and exceed your expectations. Even if your wedding guest count and dessert budget is relatively small like ours was, you will still be treated like a VIP. The cake was the most beautiful I have every seen and my guests are still talking about the wonderfully delicious desserts. Unsurprisingly, Roman and Over the Rainbow are very in-demand so I recommend booking him early to avoid disappointment! Thank you, Roman! We are so lucky we found you and were able to feature your wonderful desserts at our wedding! I cannot recommend OTR highly enough!
  • User2255786 2+ years ago
    Over The Rainbow, and Roman, were absolutely wonderful to work with. From the initial consultation to the day of our wedding, Roman was accessible, knowledgeable, and always on top of everything. The quality and creativity of his cakes are unbelievable and he also caters to the gluten free world as well. He did a traditional wedding cake for us in addition to a wide spread of cupcakes and a custom made cake that I didn't even think was possible yet Roman pulled it off.

I can't wait for the next event so we can hire Over the Rainbow to make our desserts. In the meantime, I'll be stopping by the store front any chance I get!
    Erika Married on 03/28/2015
    We had Roman and Over The Rainbow make our wedding cake and a bunch of other desserts for our wedding last weekend. I'm going to have to add to the already perfect reviews with one more. Our cake was the most delicious baked good i have ever eaten, there was not even a crumb left! People raved over all the desserts! My only complaint was that more people were talking about the cake than my pretty dress :) Thank you so much Roman, you are truly gifted!!! I only wish i loved closer to your bakery so i could eat your treats all the time!!! I recommend the rasberry french toast cake, it was INSANE. We also got Epic bars, brownies and lemon bars, all of which are the best versions of those things i have ever tasted.
    Kris Married on 11/16/2014
    Roman and his staff were wonderful to work with. The custom golf cake was exactly what we envisioned. It, along with the cupcakes we had were delicious! I will definitely use Over the Rainbow again.
    Keith Event on: 11/02/2014
    Roman was awesome....not only did we have the most beautiful wedding cake on 11/2/13, he repeated the experience for US on our 1st Year Anniversary. After 24 years of being together...Roman made our wedding and anniversary the most "tasteful" event of the year!
  • User1937823 2+ years ago
    First off Roman is such a great and happy person to work with! And his cakes and cupcakes are out of this world! From the flavors, the decorating, and the moistness of the cakes no detail is left undone! They put their all into their baking and I couldn't have went with a better place for our wedding cake! We will forever be an Over the Rainbow customer!
  • Jennifer
    Jennifer Married on 10/19/2014
    Roman and his team of dessert experts created the most delicious and unique display of sweets at our wedding. My guests could not stop raving about how amazing everything tasted. There was so much detail and care put into creating each and every dessert. Thank you so much Roman for making our wedding day taste so sweet!