Kate Michelle Photography Reviews

Kate Michelle Photography 6
Kate Michelle Photography 7

Blake Peterson · Getting married on 10/31/2020

Pick Kate!

Kate has a passion for photography and her work reflects that. I needed someone who knew the area and was able to be covert and stealth as this was a surprise engagement. My now fiancé was blown away and had no clue and the moment was captured beautifully by Kate. She helped plan everything out through great communication, from choosing location, to telling us where to stand. Kate is professional, laid back, and takes pride in her work. Would highly recommend.

-Blake & Lucia Peterson
    Fulshear, Texas

Sent on 03/02/2019
    Kate Michelle Photography 12
  • Jordan

Jordan Harrah · Getting married on 01/05/2020

Wonderful photos

Kate was amazing! We decided to take last minute engagement photos and she was SO flexible and accomodating both before and during the shoot!! The results speak for themselves with pictures better than I could have imagined!!

Sent on 07/19/2019
    Kate Michelle Photography 13
    Kate Michelle Photography 14
    Kate Michelle Photography 15
    Kate Michelle Photography 16

Kate Michelle Photography's reply:

Thanks guys!!! I’m so glad it all worked out and you got to experience Taft point at sunset!!!! I wish you the best in life together 💜💜
  • Sara

Sara Gray · Getting married on 09/21/2019

10/10 Would Recommend

Kate was amazing! She made us feel so comfortable, which made our engagement pictures even more beautiful! We highly recommend :)

Sent on 03/05/2019
    Kate Michelle Photography 17
    Kate Michelle Photography 18
    Kate Michelle Photography 19

Stephanie · Married on 07/06/2019

Words can't express how happy we were with Kate and our pics!!! Since we couldn't have our wedding in Yosemite we planned to do an engagement shoot there and we are so lucky we found her online. I had no idea what to expect and both of us have never done a photoshoot before but Kate made it so easy and fun and went above and beyond to give us exactly what I was looking for. If you are having an event anywhere near the area, look no further and book her right away. We both are still gushing over the photos and are so impressed with the quality. The only problem now is choosing which ones to use because they are all so good! Worth every penny and more.

Sent on 10/11/2018
    Kate Michelle Photography 20
    Kate Michelle Photography 21
    Kate Michelle Photography 22

Kate Michelle Photography's reply:

You two rock! I had a blast with you guys and thank you for bring so many fun things to shoot with! I hope you get more time to come climb in the park and the east side
  • Gloria

Gloria Espinosa · Married on 06/30/2019

The best wedding decision we made!

My best decision was my dress, "our" best decision was easily choosing Kate to capture our memories. Thank goodness she chose us too. I don't have enough kind words to say. She is the calmness needed in a hectic weekend. She is passionate and professional about her work. She responds quickly and was able to accommodate all our requests. And please squeeze in the day after shot. We were picked up at 4am, a bit hung over.. and I've never felt more beautiful than those shots. I mean with Yosemite as your background and being filled with love, it was "sappy",genuine, easy and FUN! Save your time and just book her already.

Sent on 08/16/2019
    Kate Michelle Photography 30
    Kate Michelle Photography 31
  • Christina

Christina · Married on 06/23/2019

Wonderful engagement shoot! Highly recommend!

My fiancé and I had a wonderful sunrise engagement shoot at Yosemite with Kate. Everything was seamless from the first time I reached out months ahead online to inquire. Kate was very responsive throughout the process. She even offered to drive us to the site at Yosemite (although we declined as we wanted to explore afterwards). Nonetheless, after meeting up, she drove us from place to place looking for the best sites to shoot. We are quite camera shy but she made us feel so comfortable and gave us a lot of direction. You can really tell she loves what she does. She also sent the finished photos to us so quickly—within a few days! I loved so many of them that I couldn’t decide on just one for our save-the-date and chose three! I got a lot of compliments for the beautiful photos. Really can’t ask for more. I’d highly recommend Kate and Over the Moon Photography.

Sent on 11/29/2018

Kate Michelle Photography's reply:

Awe thank you so much Christina. You two were fun to work with. It was intetrsing to work with two people who are slightly different in front of the camera. You did well and really connected with the moment, thank you for being present. I hope the rest of your trip was good. Take care and blessings to your marriage and life

Miki Sharlet · Married on 06/21/2019

The best photographer you could ever find...

To summarize, if you want an amazing wedding photographer, choose Kate. For an overly detailed reasoning as to why read on :)

Kate’s quick draw borders on defying pretty universally accepted laws of space and time. She is so damn fast with a camera. Not a single fleeting moment of your precious day will escape her shutter.

In between getting all the gorgeous couple photos that everyone wants with the poses and the sweeping views and the ethereal light (and she does those superbly) she’ll get the really spontaneous and tender candids too. She’ll capture the emotions beneath the seraphic smiles, excessive makeup and hair, La Perla wedgie and sheer embellishment of the day and remind you why you decided to get married in the first place.

Lastly but of arguably equivocal importance to her skill is: Her presence will do nothing but enhance your day. She will engage and play with you guys and make you feel completely comfortable and when she senses a need for privacy she will quietly recede into the background like a camera adjusting its depth of field. She’s incredibly empathetic and will feed off your energy as you will her genuine excitement for you.

Doesn’t hurt that she knows Yosemite about as well as a human can. You already picked the greatest spot in the world to get married, do yourself a favor and capture it with the best photographer you could ever find.

Sent on 07/01/2019

Kate Michelle Photography's reply:

AWE 😍😍😍😍. Your words!!!!! They are so so so beautiful! Oh my, you two really saw my soul and craft. I feel over the moon knowing these things. Thank you. Thank you. Thank you 🙏🏼.
    Mmmmm namaste
  • Emery

Emery Sakamoto · Married on 06/08/2019

The Wedding Photographer of Our Dreams!

Oh wow I don't even know where to begin with Kate. If I could leave her 50 stars instead of just 5 I would. We first worked with Kate a year ago, when she took our engagement pictures. We were nervous and had no idea what to expect from our photo session other than that we anticipated being awkward and not knowing what to do with ourselves in photos. When we met Kate, those feelings and nerves quickly dissipated. She was confident and knew exactly what she was doing and she made us feel comfortable, secure, and beautiful. We spent a few hours with her taking pictures at the Pines Resort in Bass Lake, but that quickly turned into a little adventure around the lake itself, as we explored new places with her and got breathtaking pictures along the way. Not only did we have an amazing time working with her, but the pictures that she sent us after were absolutely stunning. Kate is magical with her camera! She captures your soul and knows exactly how to make you feel comfortable while doing so. Not to mention- she's fast and efficient and doesn't waste any time getting the perfect shots that she needs. I have used our engagement pictures throughout the past year- posting them on instagram as we have counted down the months to our wedding day, using them for our save the dates, and decorating our wedding website with them. We quickly learned that Kate's service was money incredibly well spent, and we hadn't even had our wedding yet!
    Flash forward to our wedding, which just happened a few weeks ago. Kate and her second photographer arrived earlier, and stayed later, than the time slot we had hired her for. She made sure to get a picture of absolutely EVERYTHING. Its a strange feeling when you work so hard to plan something and don't personally make sure to document it all yourself (at least, for me it was) so I was definitely nervous about having memories of some of the things that were a part of our day. Well, when I got the pictures back, I realized that there was absolutely nothing to be worried about. Literally every little thing that I was worried about not having a picture of was there, photographed perfectly in our lovely gallery, and I never once had to ask Kate to do any of that. She just knows what she is doing!! On the actual wedding day, she was calm, excited, and confident. She moved around our guests quickly and quietly, and never once got in the way of any of the fun. I've been to weddings before where you notice the photographers at every turn, blocking your view of things. That's definitely not Kate. Unless you were looking for her, you wouldn't even know she was there. And the result of all her hard work is absolutely beautiful. The photos that she sent us are priceless. I am beyond happy with them and forever grateful.
    I know I am rambling, and honestly I could go on and on about Kate's talent and how much we appreciate our wonderful new pictures. But the best thing about Kate that I have to mention is the person who she is. She truly cares- not only about her photographs, but also about her clients. Throughout my wedding planning process, Kate was available to communicate with me, help me work through my plans (even those that did not actually involve photography), and she made sure that I was on track for the wedding day. She followed me on instagram and we have regularly communicated and stayed in touch. She went above and beyond to get to know me and even though I had only met Kate once, a year before our wedding, when she arrived on our wedding day, it was like seeing an old friend. When she left at the end of the night, it wasn't like saying goodbye to our vendor, it was like saying goodbye to one of our guests. She became a friend to me throughout this experience and I am so grateful for that.
    If you are looking for a photographer in the Yosemite area, I cannot recommend Kate enough. She is talented, hardworking, and has a unique eye for photography that you won't find anywhere else. I can confidently tell you that she was the one part of our wedding day that I stressed about the least, and the pictures prove that I had no reason to. They're perfect. Beyond perfect. And we are forever grateful.
    THANK YOU KATE!!!

Kate Michelle Photography 35
    Kate Michelle Photography 36
    Kate Michelle Photography 37

Kate Michelle Photography's reply:

WOW!!!!!! THANK YOU! Thank you for seeing all that in me and praising me so much. I truly love that you see all that I do and how much I care. I love following you on the gram, you two are a blast to watch. I'm excited to see you grow as a family! And maybe more vlogs on the recent TV shows haha.
    Thank you for having me. You're whole family and friends were all so nice and full of love. You planned such a grant day, it was flawless and a dream! Much love to you and James :D. Let me know when you come back to the lake, maybe we can SUP :D!

Nicole · Married on 05/23/2019

Yosemite expert

Kate was super patient and understanding from the beginning for our engagement shoot! I had made last minute changes by bringing my dog in for the photos and she was totally cool with it. You can really tell she loves what she does. After a while me and my fiancé felt like we were just hanging out with a friend which made the whole experience super comfortable for us. She shot some amazing shots of my pup and made time for all of the photo ideas I had in my head. She was more concerned with getting beautiful shots and didn’t really worry about the time limit like other photographers. If you want to experience Yosemite the right way, you found your photographer!

Sent on 11/20/2018

Kate Michelle Photography's reply:

Awe thank you Nichole. Im so glad you brought your pup and you two enjoyed your time with me. You guys are pretty easy people :)

Erica Heilmann · Married on 05/10/2019

Amazing! Perfect 10/10

We had such a amazing experience with Kate, professional and made it so easy for us to relax and get amazing pictures. I had a special request of surprising my husband and she was on it with ideas of how to make it more special. Her knowledge of the park is something you won’t experience with any other photographer in that area. Not only was she amazing the photos are breath taking!! Every person I show them to is blown away.

Sent on 05/21/2019
    Kate Michelle Photography 38

Kate Michelle Photography's reply:

Ice Ice baby! He was a champ haha! It was a pleasure to meet your Rick and see you again Erica! I hope to visit you someday and come to a class!!!

Eric Blackman · Married on 05/10/2019

Engagement pictures

Kate took engagement photos for my fiancé and I in Yosemite Valley. She was willing to accommodate us on short notice and did an incredible job. Kate has an in-depth knowledge of the valley that was extremely helpful in finding some truly memorable spots for pictures. Additionally, Kate has a gift for capturing authentic moments. My fiancé and I were blown away by the pictures - we left with some truly incredible pictures that caught us in the moment in addition to the gorgeous scenery. I can not recommend Kate highly enough. The pictures were a memory of the engagement we’ll be able to keep forever.

Sent on 05/23/2019

Kate Michelle Photography's reply:

Thank you two so much! It was a pleasure to meet you and to see you two in such a glow from your recent engagement. Gosh to be proposed to with giant sequoias towering over you... what a dream. I wish you the best in planning, life, marriage and everyday life at that. You two were so sweet the whole time and showed me what the sweetest love looks like. Eric I can see that you would do anything to make Kim happen, lucky lady :).
  • Emily

Emily · Married on 05/04/2019

Great quality, highly recommend!

Kate did an amazing job with our engagement photos in Yosemite National Park!! She knew exactly where to go to get the best angles, lighting, and background. She took a variety of posed shots, candid shots, close-ups, and far away pictures with sweeping landscapes behind us. We were both really nervous to be in front of the camera but she put us at ease, and we love the finished products -- our photos really turned out awesome, and we are so happy with them and really excited to work with Kate again for our upcoming wedding!

Sent on 12/19/2018

Kate Michelle Photography's reply:

CANT WAIT!!!! I think you two really took a great advantage of the engagement, wedding day and day after in terms of photos and locations. We are hitting all the good spots in the time that is spaced out and not rushed. Heres you, you grand planners you

Joel Adrian · Married on 11/24/2018

Kate is the bee's knees!

Kate's flexibility and knowledge of the setting made asking the question easy. Her professionalism and enthusiasm is contagious, and her fun style allowed for my fiancé and I to relax and enjoy the moment.

Thank you Kate!!!

Sent on 12/02/2018

Kate Michelle Photography's reply:

AWE MAN! Thank you :). You two are the shit! Im so glad that you found me and allowed me to be so close for such a moment. Im also glad the weather PERFECT for us! You and Katie are a great match, I can tell. And I'll be forever wishing you get married in Yosemite and I can be a part of that. Because your love is FUN, deep and mature. :)
  • Alison

Alison Young · Married on 11/10/2018

Wonderful!

Kate is amazing! We appreciated her mellow, friendly vibe, which put us at ease (since let's face it, posing for formal photos is not the most relaxing of activities!). Kate is lighthearted and playful with her directions for formals, and does a great job capturing candid moments - which is what we wanted most in our wedding photos. Looking at our online album made us laugh with all the fun moments she got - fabulous memories from a fabulous weekend!

Sent on 01/02/2019
    Kate Michelle Photography 39
    Kate Michelle Photography 40
    Kate Michelle Photography 41
    Kate Michelle Photography 42

Kate Michelle Photography's reply:

AWE!!! The best wedding and people to end the year. Thank you for trusting me :), You guys were all full of laughs and warm hearted moments. I was smiling the whole way home

Erik · Married on 10/20/2018

Kate is great!

Kate was fantastic to work with and her photographs were fantastic. It was a pleasure to spend so much time with someone who knew the park so intimately and shared some of her knowledge of the area she grew up in. She also has a very fun and bubbly personality which was a huge bonus since we spent an entire day with her driving around and throughout the park :-)

Sent on 12/20/2018
    Kate Michelle Photography 43

Megan · Married on 10/13/2018

Super flexible (thank god for me)
    Took amazing pictures and had them ready for us so fast. I couldn’t be happier we chose her!

Sent on 05/07/2018

Kate Michelle Photography's reply:

Yosemite is a big place. Who would have thought it would take at least 1.5 hours to get to the grand prize :). Pleasure to meet you two :D
  • Tawsha

Tawsha · Married on 10/09/2018

Kate is wonderful!

Our pictures are beautiful!!!!

Sent on 03/04/2019
    Kate Michelle Photography 44
    Kate Michelle Photography 45
  • User7480377 · Recently married

She made our photo shoot super comfortable and let us be us. The pictures turned out great because they were all natural with little direction which made the pictures really show who we are. She was super flexible on where we wanted to take pictures and also added her opinion when we asked and It was always super helpful. We all had a great time and we all laughed and it was the best time. She edited our pictures so fast and we were so happy with the outcome. I would recommend Kate over anyone!

Sent on 12/11/2016

Daniel · Married on 10/06/2018

For your wedding, do you want a photographer, storyteller or both?

We enjoyed working with Kate from the planning stage, through the wedding and day after shoot and into the photo delivery and review stage. All of our friends and relatives we have shown the photos to have been impressed with the artistic quality and thoughtfulness of the pictures. A common compliment has been, "she must have been everywhere but we barely noticed her working!"
    More importantly, my beautiful bride and I both feel Kate captured many special moments that we can actually feel when we look through the pictures. If you are looking for someone with the equipment and skill set to take great pictures, you can probably find several photographers in the area. But if you want someone who is really thoughtful, cares about your story and will provide you with something beyond just a sent of pretty prints, then choose Kate.

Sent on 03/04/2019

Kim R · Married on 09/27/2018

Kate was amazing!

Kate is a calming, refreshing presence that has everything under control amidst the chaos. We wouldn't choose anyone else for wedding photos -- especially for a wedding in Yosemite.

She was flexible throughout the entire process, from when we first reached out to the day after photos. There was never a lapse in communication and she was well prepared on our wedding day with plenty of snacks too :)

Kate is so creative and able to work around people to get the best shots. Her experience with Yosemite made a HUGE difference in getting the most out of every area and creating a realistic schedule to get every shot we wanted.

Probably the best surprise was seeing how Kate truly cares about the park -- she picked up small pieces of trash off the trails as we were going about our day. And make sure you ask about her stories growing up in the valley and her days as a packer.

Thank you Kate and Lane -- we'll treasure these captured moments forever!

Sent on 12/17/2018
    Kate Michelle Photography 46
    Kate Michelle Photography 47
    Kate Michelle Photography 48
    Kate Michelle Photography 49

Kate Michelle Photography's reply:

Thanks guys!!!!! I love reading this! Haha you two are a lot of fun and full of laughs. And also really in tuned to the present moment. Thanks for hanging with me in the park. I loved our time at the big tree

Jennifer Chavarro · Married on 09/23/2018

Wedding photos

Our experience with Kate was amazing, we are so glad that we picked her to photograph our wedding. I looked into many photographers that were suggested to me by my planner. I felt that most were overpriced and honestly their photography style was just not what I wanted. I found Kate myself and booked her based on her amazing reviews and experience in Yosemite. On the day of our wedding she was prompt, patient, and fun. We had an intimate ceremony and our guests were appreciative of her including everyone in the family pictures. The solo pictures of my husband and I came out so dreamy, most people who see them can’t believe that the backdrop is real. This can be attributed both to the beauty of Yosemite and Kate’s ability to capture it. We felt comfortable with her and she was nice enough to drive us around in her car to find the best spots and lighting. Lastly, her pricing was more affordable than other photographers I spoke to, we even booked an extra hour of photos! If you’re thinking about booking Kate, you won’t regret it!

Sent on 10/16/2018
    Kate Michelle Photography 50
    Kate Michelle Photography 51
    Kate Michelle Photography 52

Kate Michelle Photography's reply:

Oh, you two! Wish y'all were closer so we could take more picture and maybe do a midnight hike together ;)
  • Heather

Heather · Married on 09/22/2018

Amazing Photographer

Kate was amazing to work with. She was very professional and put us at ease while taking photos. She had great ideas and the pictures are stunning. We were lucky to find her and would highly recommend booking her for your wedding or any other occasion!

Sent on 12/07/2018

Kate Michelle Photography's reply:

Awe I miss you girl! Thanks so much inviting to camp! I think you two really hosted the weekend as well as any engaged couple do the week of the wedding. You planned it all the way from sack lunch, bathroom kits to entertainment. My favorite wedding weekend so far!
  • LIEZL

LIEZL · Married on 06/08/2018

Not just a photographer, but she will also be that calm presence next to you on your big day

Kate is incredible! I felt at ease with her from our very first phone conversation. My fiancé (now hubby) does not like taking pictures, but he felt very comfortable with Kate. She captured some of the best stolen moments from our engagement photo shoot and the day of the wedding. She doesn’t just take pictures, she captures emotions! I also appreciate that she has such a calm presence. She’s very professional, & everyone in our party loved her. She also delivers quality product within a reasonable amount of time. Kate thank you so much for being a part of our special day.

Sent on 07/09/2019
    Kate Michelle Photography 53
    Kate Michelle Photography 54
    Kate Michelle Photography 55
    Kate Michelle Photography 56

Kate Michelle Photography's reply:

Awe!!!!!!!! Hi Liezl!!! I hope all is well 💜. Your wedding was so so so beautiful and the reception was a blast! You two are so crazy in love. I can see how much you trust Auto (spelling? 😬) and how much he trust and cares for you.
  • W

Wendy · Married on 06/01/2018

So happy with Kate’s services. She is friendly and helpful. She had lots of ideas for spots to shoot in and the pictures were beautiful!

Sent on 06/08/2018

Kate Michelle Photography's reply:

Im so glad you two made the long/short journey to elope in Yosemite. You looked stunning and I loved your flowers! I even like Pats pants ;).