Kate Michelle Photography Reviews

Kate Michelle Photography 5
Kate Michelle Photography 6
Kate Michelle Photography 7

Christina · Getting married on 06/23/2019

Wonderful engagement shoot! Highly recommend!

My fiancé and I had a wonderful sunrise engagement shoot at Yosemite with Kate. Everything was seamless from the first time I reached out months ahead online to inquire. Kate was very responsive throughout the process. She even offered to drive us to the site at Yosemite (although we declined as we wanted to explore afterwards). Nonetheless, after meeting up, she drove us from place to place looking for the best sites to shoot. We are quite camera shy but she made us feel so comfortable and gave us a lot of direction. You can really tell she loves what she does. She also sent the finished photos to us so quickly—within a few days! I loved so many of them that I couldn’t decide on just one for our save-the-date and chose three! I got a lot of compliments for the beautiful photos. Really can’t ask for more. I’d highly recommend Kate and Over the Moon Photography.

Kate Michelle Photography's reply:

Awe thank you so much Christina. You two were fun to work with. It was intetrsing to work with two people who are slightly different in front of the camera. You did well and really connected with the moment, thank you for being present. I hope the rest of your trip was good. Take care and blessings to your marriage and life

Nicole · Getting married on 05/23/2019

Yosemite expert

Kate was super patient and understanding from the beginning for our engagement shoot! I had made last minute changes by bringing my dog in for the photos and she was totally cool with it. You can really tell she loves what she does. After a while me and my fiancé felt like we were just hanging out with a friend which made the whole experience super comfortable for us. She shot some amazing shots of my pup and made time for all of the photo ideas I had in my head. She was more concerned with getting beautiful shots and didn’t really worry about the time limit like other photographers. If you want to experience Yosemite the right way, you found your photographer!

Sent on 11/20/2018

Kate Michelle Photography's reply:

Awe thank you Nichole. Im so glad you brought your pup and you two enjoyed your time with me. You guys are pretty easy people :)

Emily · Getting married on 03/29/2019

Great quality, highly recommend!

Kate did an amazing job with our engagement photos in Yosemite National Park!! She knew exactly where to go to get the best angles, lighting, and background. She took a variety of posed shots, candid shots, close-ups, and far away pictures with sweeping landscapes behind us. We were both really nervous to be in front of the camera but she put us at ease, and we love the finished products -- our photos really turned out awesome, and we are so happy with them and really excited to work with Kate again for our upcoming wedding!

Kate Michelle Photography's reply:

CANT WAIT!!!! I think you two really took a great advantage of the engagement, wedding day and day after in terms of photos and locations. We are hitting all the good spots in the time that is spaced out and not rushed. Heres you, you grand planners you

Joel Adrian · Married on 11/24/2018

Kate is the bee's knees!

Kate's flexibility and knowledge of the setting made asking the question easy. Her professionalism and enthusiasm is contagious, and her fun style allowed for my fiancé and I to relax and enjoy the moment.

Thank you Kate!!!

Kate Michelle Photography's reply:

AWE MAN! Thank you :). You two are the shit! Im so glad that you found me and allowed me to be so close for such a moment. Im also glad the weather PERFECT for us! You and Katie are a great match, I can tell. And I'll be forever wishing you get married in Yosemite and I can be a part of that. Because your love is FUN, deep and mature. :)
  • Alison

Alison Young · Married on 11/10/2018

Wonderful!

Kate is amazing! We appreciated her mellow, friendly vibe, which put us at ease (since let's face it, posing for formal photos is not the most relaxing of activities!). Kate is lighthearted and playful with her directions for formals, and does a great job capturing candid moments - which is what we wanted most in our wedding photos. Looking at our online album made us laugh with all the fun moments she got - fabulous memories from a fabulous weekend!

Sent on 01/02/2019
    Kate Michelle Photography 11
    Kate Michelle Photography 12
    Kate Michelle Photography 13
    Kate Michelle Photography 14

Kate Michelle Photography's reply:

AWE!!! The best wedding and people to end the year. Thank you for trusting me :), You guys were all full of laughs and warm hearted moments. I was smiling the whole way home

Erik · Married on 10/20/2018

Kate is great!

Kate was fantastic to work with and her photographs were fantastic. It was a pleasure to spend so much time with someone who knew the park so intimately and shared some of her knowledge of the area she grew up in. She also has a very fun and bubbly personality which was a huge bonus since we spent an entire day with her driving around and throughout the park :-)

Kate Michelle Photography 15

Megan · Married on 10/13/2018

Super flexible (thank god for me)
    Took amazing pictures and had them ready for us so fast. I couldn’t be happier we chose her!

Kate Michelle Photography's reply:

Yosemite is a big place. Who would have thought it would take at least 1.5 hours to get to the grand prize :). Pleasure to meet you two :D
  • User7480377 · Recently married

She made our photo shoot super comfortable and let us be us. The pictures turned out great because they were all natural with little direction which made the pictures really show who we are. She was super flexible on where we wanted to take pictures and also added her opinion when we asked and It was always super helpful. We all had a great time and we all laughed and it was the best time. She edited our pictures so fast and we were so happy with the outcome. I would recommend Kate over anyone!

Kim R · Married on 09/27/2018

Kate was amazing!

Kate is a calming, refreshing presence that has everything under control amidst the chaos. We wouldn't choose anyone else for wedding photos -- especially for a wedding in Yosemite.

She was flexible throughout the entire process, from when we first reached out to the day after photos. There was never a lapse in communication and she was well prepared on our wedding day with plenty of snacks too :)

Kate is so creative and able to work around people to get the best shots. Her experience with Yosemite made a HUGE difference in getting the most out of every area and creating a realistic schedule to get every shot we wanted.

Probably the best surprise was seeing how Kate truly cares about the park -- she picked up small pieces of trash off the trails as we were going about our day. And make sure you ask about her stories growing up in the valley and her days as a packer.

Thank you Kate and Lane -- we'll treasure these captured moments forever!

Sent on 12/17/2018
    Kate Michelle Photography 16
    Kate Michelle Photography 17
    Kate Michelle Photography 18
    Kate Michelle Photography 19

Kate Michelle Photography's reply:

Thanks guys!!!!! I love reading this! Haha you two are a lot of fun and full of laughs. And also really in tuned to the present moment. Thanks for hanging with me in the park. I loved our time at the big tree

Jennifer Chavarro · Married on 09/23/2018

Wedding photos

Our experience with Kate was amazing, we are so glad that we picked her to photograph our wedding. I looked into many photographers that were suggested to me by my planner. I felt that most were overpriced and honestly their photography style was just not what I wanted. I found Kate myself and booked her based on her amazing reviews and experience in Yosemite. On the day of our wedding she was prompt, patient, and fun. We had an intimate ceremony and our guests were appreciative of her including everyone in the family pictures. The solo pictures of my husband and I came out so dreamy, most people who see them can’t believe that the backdrop is real. This can be attributed both to the beauty of Yosemite and Kate’s ability to capture it. We felt comfortable with her and she was nice enough to drive us around in her car to find the best spots and lighting. Lastly, her pricing was more affordable than other photographers I spoke to, we even booked an extra hour of photos! If you’re thinking about booking Kate, you won’t regret it!

Kate Michelle Photography 20
    Kate Michelle Photography 21
    Kate Michelle Photography 22

Kate Michelle Photography's reply:

Oh, you two! Wish y'all were closer so we could take more picture and maybe do a midnight hike together ;)
  • Heather

Heather · Married on 09/22/2018

Amazing Photographer

Kate was amazing to work with. She was very professional and put us at ease while taking photos. She had great ideas and the pictures are stunning. We were lucky to find her and would highly recommend booking her for your wedding or any other occasion!

Kate Michelle Photography's reply:

Awe I miss you girl! Thanks so much inviting to camp! I think you two really hosted the weekend as well as any engaged couple do the week of the wedding. You planned it all the way from sack lunch, bathroom kits to entertainment. My favorite wedding weekend so far!
  • W

Wendy · Married on 06/01/2018

So happy with Kate’s services. She is friendly and helpful. She had lots of ideas for spots to shoot in and the pictures were beautiful!

Kate Michelle Photography's reply:

Im so glad you two made the long/short journey to elope in Yosemite. You looked stunning and I loved your flowers! I even like Pats pants ;).

Ashley · Married on 05/19/2018

Kate is a talented photographer. She knew exactly where the best spots in Yosemite to take gorgeous pictures at for our "Day After" session at sunrise. We are in love with how they turned out! Also, she is very professional and responsive to any questions that you have and was so nice to get a message from her asking how the preparations for the wedding was going. We loved her and her photos and would definitely recommend her!!!!

Kate Michelle Photography's reply:

Ashley, Your wedding was beautiful. Never have I seen so many beautiful floral arrangements, such a beautiful dress!, and your cake was elegantly perfect. And the way your ceremony was set up was probably the most interment gathering made. But my most favorite time was the Day After. I got to see more of you who YOU TWO are and what you like in life. I'm sure your second celebration with friends was a good one. Take care, Loves

Christine · Married on 05/18/2018

Kate made us feel comfortable, relaxed and at ease the entire time. We honestly hit it off so well we didn’t even feel like we were with our photographer but rather spending the day with a friend.

We were hit with a heavy snowfall on our scheduled day, luckily Kate was able to reschedule for the following day.

Kate was very generous with her time and support all through the process of finding photo locations and timing routes to and from locations in the park for our wedding day.

We can’t thank her enough for capturing our engagement photo shoot so perfectly and we look forward to having her do the same for our wedding day.

Kate Michelle Photography's reply:

LOVE YOU TWO! My little watermelon and Pineapple. Le the know when you baptist your future child, I would love to see you guys again and to witness that moment

Christine · Married on 05/18/2018

Kate hit it out of the park and over the moon once again! My husband and I can not thank her enough for the amazing work she put into capturing our wedding day and day after in photographs.

The online gallery is amazing and easy to share with family and friends.

Kate was the warmth and light that guided us during this adventure to capture not only our love as a couple but our love for Yosemite. As the great John Muir once said, “The sun shines not on us but in us.” Kate was able to show this in her work.

We were beyond Blessed to have had Kate document our new beginning and you will be too.

Avery · Married on 05/12/2018

If you are having a wedding anywhere near Kate, stop searching for photographers and hire her now. She’s the BEST. Taking pictures could potentially be awkward and stressful but she put us totally at ease! We left our pre-ceremony photo-sesh relaxed and having a great time and excited for the wedding. And the pictures! Oh man. Just beautiful. Seriously: hire her. You’ll be so glad you did.

Kate Michelle Photography's reply:

Oh my, your wedding was so much fun!!!! And you two are so silly, and cute and full of that good light that shines in us :)

Sean · Married on 04/30/2018

Kate was absolutely amazing. Couldn’t have asked for a better experience. Thank you so much!!

Kate Michelle Photography 23

Kate Michelle Photography's reply:

awe man i wasn't sure it was going to happen. I was thinking, 'man this guy repay wants to drop a knee now, in this storm!' and I was also thinking, 'dang, if I were her I would be questioning his sanity with this hike to a cliff, in a storm, up a snowy road.' So glad we made the hike and all went amazing. It truly amazing to witness mother nature in her moody moods. We got a treat and your engagement was bless by mother earth. Hi five you two!

Anna · Married on 04/30/2018

Kate is amazing. We couldn’t be happier with our engagement pictures. Sean and Kate planned a surprise at Taft Point that couldn’t have been more perfect. Despite the blizzard and fog, Kate was able to capture the most amazing pictures. She will make your day more special than you can imagine. I promise you won’t be disappointed. She also gives killer hike suggestions... take her advice :)

Kate Michelle Photography's reply:

Thanks for wiring a review. It was a great moment. haha read my reply to Sean on here. I hope all is well

Dean · Married on 10/14/2017

Kate was a professional at there finest hour. Flexible and understanding of my wife’s thoughts and needs. She could specifically handle the stress and needs for structure on photo grouping with different groups of our family. So stressful I could imagine. I would recommend Kate to anyone

Elizabeth · Married on 10/14/2017

Kate was wonderful to work with. From the engagement pictures, to planning for the big day, and organizing the pictures we wanted the day of. Her work is amazing and she is wonderful to work with.

Heather · Married on 10/07/2017

My fiancé and I had such a great time with Katie. Not only was she easy to work with, but she also knew Yosemite well and had great information on the park. The photos came out wonderful and we can't wait to have her back for our wedding.

Kari · Married on 09/23/2017

I really enjoyed working with Over The Moon Photography for my wedding. From Pre-scouting first look sites that fit with the theme of my wedding to taking great ceremony and reception photos without being intrusive they were very easy to work with. I liked that I could have all the high resolution photos downloaded to my own computer so that I can create with them after the online album is not available anymore. They created a great portfolio of memories of our special day.

Sarah · Married on 08/24/2017

Kate's photography captured our day so perfectly. She has a great presence about her that many people commented on to us. Everything was smooth, unhurried and fun. Kate's experience in the outdoors shows in her images blending the relationship of the two people in with the beauty around them. We can't thank Kate enough for giving us such beautiful memories to look upon for the rest of our lives! Much appreciation, Sarah & Damon Sears

Kate Michelle Photography 24

Abby · Married on 08/03/2017

We absolutely loved working with Kate. It's challenging to plan a destination wedding, but Kate made everything so streamlined, organized and easy with checklists and timelines all ready for us to fill out. What stood out from the very beginning -- aside from the breathtaking shots in her portfolio, of course -- was Kate's deep love of and connection to Yosemite. That made such a difference during our wedding day, where we drove to so many great spots around the park, including this gorgeous viewpoint of Half Dome from a little hidden creek most visitors probably don't even know is there. Our portrait session out in the wilderness remains one of my favorite, most peaceful moments from our wedding day. Kate's photojournalism background really sets her apart, and she captured so many candids of our families during our wedding that we'll treasure for a lifetime. I give her my highest and most sincere recommendation!