Ovation String Quartet Reviews

60 | Minneapolis, MN

60 Reviews for Ovation String Quartet

Missy · Married on 07/01/2017

Thank you so much, OSQ! So easy to work with and very responsive. I received many compliments about the music played before and after our ceremony. Great music selection to choose from. I will never forget the song you played as I walked down the aisle. Wish I could have heard more!!!

Sent on 07/09/2017

Ovation String Quartet's reply:

Thank you so much for the review, Missy! We loved playing at your wedding. Your music choices were wonderful, and we had so much fun talking to the guests. It was a new venue for us, and what a fun place it was. Congratulations!!

Judith · Married on 06/23/2017

Laurie was prompt in responding to all our communications and pleasant to work with. Everything was clearly laid out in advance with no last-minute surprises. Ovation's repertoire is exceptional and includes something to please all tastes from traditional to contemporary. Their performance was flawlessly professional, making a beautiful addition to our wedding ceremony. If you choose Ovation, you will not be disappointed!

Sent on 07/26/2017

Ovation String Quartet's reply:

Judith, your son's wedding was wonderful, and we were happy to be a part of everything. Thank you for having us there!

Nicole · Married on 05/20/2017

Ovation String Quartet is absolutely amazing! A must have for a wedding or any event! They are very talented musicians and not to mention extremely friendly. I worked closely with Laurie; she was helpful and very knowledgeable on music for weddings. Ovation supplied a list of songs for our ceremony and cocktail hour! They are great at what they do! We couldn't be more happy with them! An absolute must have!

Sent on 06/04/2017

Ovation String Quartet's reply:

Nicole, I apologize for the very late response, but I had to let you know that we had a great time at your wedding. I love the venue; we had a chance to chat with some of your guests and they were very nice to us. Everything was great. Thank you for having us play!!

Joshua · Married on 05/19/2017

The Ovation String Quartet is the perfect addition to any wedding ceremony! We included Ovation at our Mill City Museum wedding in May of 2017 and they were incredibly professional and accommodating to all of our musical selections and processional/recessional needs.

The Ovation String Quartet offers excellent communication leading up to the day of the ceremony and on-going status updates regarding song preparation and timetables. Their expansive repertoire and ability to incorporate custom pieces makes Ovation the absolute best and affordable string quartet option in Minnesota.

Thank you Ovation String Quartet for making our wedding ceremony thee most memorable day of our lives!
    – Josh & Toni

Sent on 06/05/2017

Ovation String Quartet's reply:

Thank you, Josh and Toni. Your wedding was fabulous. I had heard music at that location but not played there, so I really enjoyed it. You are such nice people, and I send all the best wishes possible!

Erica · Married on 09/23/2016

Ovation String Quartet was exactly what I was looking for! Their repertoire of music was impressive and they listened to all of my customizations! Laurie was very pleasant to work with. She was quick with her responses and very thorough explaining the entire process from start to finish. I'm so glad I found Ovation for my wedding! I got so many compliments the day of my wedding.

Sara · Married on 09/18/2016

Ovation String Quartet was Amazing to work with! I was not sure what type of music selection I should have for the ceremony and the reception. They provided lists of songs and I was able to look them over and select the songs that worked best for us. They did a Wonderful job and all of my guests thought the music they played was beautiful. I would highly recommend them! SGK

Perry · Married on 09/17/2016

I would highly recommend Ovation String Quartet. They were very accommodating to our needs and what we specifically wanted for our ceremony. One concern I had in advance was that I noticed Ovations rates were cheaper than a lot of the other wedding musicians - I wondered if that might be reflected in the quality. Let me tell you, those concerns were unfounded. Really professional musicians, really great sound, great music selection, and all at a very fair rate. Thanks Laurie et al!

Sara · Married on 09/10/2016

Choosing Ovation String Quartet to play at our wedding was the best decision ever! We preferred non-traditional music, and their huge list made it so easy to find the perfect songs. They were so great to work with throughout the entire process. The quartet music was beautiful, and really created the perfect background for our ceremony and reception. We received so many compliments from our guests. I highly recommend Ovation String Quartet!

Sent on 09/20/2016

Megan · Married on 08/13/2016

Ovation strings was wonderful and easy to work with. No complaints at all. Even though one of our time signatures was more complex, they were able to perform it without a problem. They added an element to our ceremony that we will never forget!

Sent on 08/30/2016

Sara · Married on 08/13/2016

Ovation String Quartet was awesome to work with! They have an extensive repertoire, and also were able to arrange some songs for us as well. Laurie was very professional and quick to respond. I highly recommend them!

Sent on 09/26/2016
  • Britt.

Brittany · Married on 08/07/2016

Hiring Ovation's string quartet was the best decision we made for our ceremony. Our families, bridal party, and guests absolutely loved the music and we heard so many great compliments–professional, beautiful music for the setting, great timing when walking down the aisle (my entrance was exactly at the point in the song I was hoping for, without even asking), and so much more! The songs played during the prelude made many guests cry, that's how beautiful it was.

Compared to other quartets, Ovation is a great price, very professional, and has a HUGE repertoire list; from classical to contemporary, jazz to folk, they can play it. I hired them only two weeks out from my wedding, and Laurie responded right away and we breezed through the process. My only wish is that I would have hired them sooner, that way we could have had up to two songs arranged just for us at no extra cost!

If you're looking for something to take your ceremony from good to great, hire Ovation. Highly recommended to anyone!!

Sent on 08/22/2016

Crystal · Married on 07/23/2016

We booked Ovation String Quartet to play at our wedding ceremony this July. Laurie was a pleasure to work with, and although she was on vacation during our wedding, she was always very quick to correspond to emails and took the time to compose three special songs for us at no extra cost that were not on the quartet's repertoire list! Although I only got to hear the quartet during the processional and the recessional, they sounded wonderful and made our wedding very special. My only wish is that I could have heard more of the music!

Sent on 07/29/2016

Tessa · Married on 06/18/2016

We decided that instead of having a traditional piano player and soloist that we would go with a string trio, and I am very pleased that we booked Ovation String Quartet. They were very professional and had a very large repertoire. We also were able to request songs that weren't on the list, and each piece turned out absolutely beautiful. Our ceremony definitely would not have been the same without them.

Sent on 06/24/2016

Gorgeous sound and they are so wonderful and flexible to work with. Laurie made sure to make my wedding music perfect for my needs.

Sent on 06/29/2016

Caroline · Married on 05/28/2016

The bride is the one who hear less of this beauty service, but what I heard and what other people told me was enough to say I am very happy with the services they provided. They were flexible and added some of our special songs on their list. Strongly recommended vendor!

Sent on 06/17/2016

Lindsey · Married on 04/01/2016

Laurie arrived before the ceremony and I was unable to meet with her due to guests arriving, but she played beautifully and the songs we had coordinated were perfect. She played after our ceremony for our receiving line and it was the perfect touch. I was able to meet her briefly after the ceremony to thank her in person, but I wanted to share how great our experience with her was. Thanks for making our ceremony beautiful!

Sent on 04/06/2016

Kim · Married on 03/19/2016

Ovation String Quartet was great! They were flexible in the number of musicians, song choices and timing. They play at a café in St. Paul so it was easy to watch them perform live several times before my wedding. When we went to watch them at the café, they customized their play list to ensure that we would be able to hear all the songs we selected for our wedding. Laurie was great to work with on the contract, payment and logistical details. We had guests requesting their music after the wedding, unfortunately they do not have. We ended up having 4 musicians to play prelude, processional and recessional. Prelude songs were of Ovations choice (to include Here comes the sun by the Beatles and Stand By Me by Ben E King. Processional was The Book of Love by Peter Gabriel. Bride processional was Can't Help Falling In Love by Elvis Presley and recessional was "So Happy Together" by the Turtles (from the upbeat chorus starting point)

Sent on 07/07/2016

Megan · Married on 12/05/2015

I would most definitely recommend hiring Ovation String Quartet for your wedding or event! We booked the group for our wedding ceremony and cocktail hour music and could not have been happier with our choice. Laurie is responsive, friendly, flexible and extremely helpful. For our procession, I requested a song not included on their repertoire list -- Laurie and the group agreed right away and arranged it (and played it beautifully!) in just a month! Laurie was also very helpful in selecting the rest of the music for the ceremony. I gave her my (very) general ideas and she quickly sent me a great list of options. After hiring Ovation, ceremony/cocktail hour music was no longer a worry for me. I knew I was in great hands!

Sent on 02/05/2016

My husband and I hired Ovation String Quartet for our wedding ceremony music. We worked with Laurie from the beginning and she was one of the string players at the actual ceremony. She was extremely responsive and accommodating through the entire process. Laurie helped us through the song selection and planning process. We were given an extensive song list the musicians already knew; if we had a certain song in mind Laurie assured us that they would do their best to accommodate it. I loved that they had variety in their play list since neither my husband and I are huge fans of the traditional classics. We selected songs such as Skinny Love, Can't Help Falling in Love, I Want to Hold Your Hand, Your Song and What a Wonderful World. My husband and I ended up using a duo of strings (violin and cello) rather than the full quartet for our ceremony. The strings played beautifully and I received endless compliments on how beautiful the ceremony music was. If we were to do our wedding day over again, we would absolutely choose Ovation String Quartet again!

Sent on 09/15/2015

Erin · Married on 07/24/2015

Laurie was extremely responsive from the beginning. Whenever I would send her an email and she would always get back right away which was incredibly helpful when planning a wedding. I wasn't 100% sure what to expect because I did not meet up with the quartet beforehand but they were on time, very professional, and played beautifully. I got many compliments from our guests after the ceremony. One of the highlights was when they played "Some Where Over the Rainbow" during our monarch butterfly release. I would highly recommend working with Laurie in the future.

Sent on 08/02/2015

Kim · Married on 06/20/2015

They are absolutely wonderful. Beautiful music, willing to learn s few songs. professional, flexible and responsive. We would definately recommend them. They are so easy to work with. We cannot say enough good things.

Sent on 06/23/2015

Kian · Married on 05/23/2015

I have found Laurie Melting of the Ovation String Quartet especially helpful and responsive to my friend's questions and needs for their wedding event. The service provided was a bonus on top of their incredible band and variety of danceable music that was also a great joy to simply listen to. Their style was a big hit to everyone there...from kids to seniors. I will definitely let others know how incredible the Ovation String Quartet is for weddings and many other occasions such as anniversaries, birthdays, retirement parties, etc.

Sent on 10/26/2015

Anne · Married on 05/09/2015

Thank you, thank you, thank you!! I loved every minute of your playing and we heard lots of compliments from our guests about the special touch the duo added to our wedding ceremony. You guys were fabulous! You were so great to work with - you responded to my emails very quickly, listened to my suggestions and offered your own when asked, and took charge in reaching out to the other musicians to figure out music and details (rather than having me in between, which was awesome!). As I am sure you have seen, the last few weeks of wedding planning are so crazy busy with many little details to be thinking about, and right away we were able to tell you had it all under control and took some of the work off our plate. We truly appreciate how easy you made this process.

Reed and I loved what you guys added to our wedding and we would highly recommend you to others!

Sent on 05/17/2015

Martha · Married on 05/08/2015

Laurie and the other quartet members were great! They provided wonderful music at my wedding and were friendly, efficient, and easy to communicate with.

Sent on 05/20/2015
  • Carra

Carra · Married on 04/25/2015

We wanted to hire a solo violinist for our wedding this past April, and we could not be happier with Laurie! Laurie did an excellent job at the wedding, and was able to play all the songs that have been requested. The songs were played beautifully, and we are very happy with how talented, professional she is. We would highly recommend her!

Sent on 05/20/2015