Ovation String Quartet Reviews

56 | Minneapolis, MN

56 Reviews for Ovation String Quartet

56 Ovation String Quartet Reviews

Evan Welle · Married on 08/25/2018

Everything you want in a quartet

They were very professional and responsive. They had a huge song list and learned a handful of songs we requested. They played everything how we wanted. it was perfect!

Ann · Married on 07/07/2018

We had ovation string quartet at our wedding last weekend at Mayowood Stone Barn in Rochester. We weren’t allowed to have a live band because of city ordinances so we knew we had to have some sort of live music! We had ovation play 30 min before our ceremony through the end of cocktail hour. We had a mix of classic and contemporary and they nailed it all! They were so professional and also extremely talented! I couldn’t recommend them more!

Mitch · Married on 06/02/2018

We were lucky to have the Ovation String Quartet play for our wedding in June 2018. They were excellent and we couldn't recommend them more strongly. Laurie was very easy to work with and quick to respond to all our e-mails. They were very reasonably priced and we were happy to pay a little more to keep them around through our cocktail hour. One awesome perk is the arrangement of a song of your choice for strings. They did "Everything Is Awesome" (from The Lego Movie) as our recessional. It truly was awesome and many people commented on it. My only complaint was, as the groom, I was too busy doing other things and didn't get to sit and enjoy their music enough!

Sent on 07/15/2018

Ovation String Quartet's reply:

Thanks, Mitch! Your requested song was a great one to add to our repertoire, and we had fun playing for your wedding. All the best to you and Emily.

Megan · Married on 03/24/2018

A fabulous group and so easy to work with. They did a lovely job and I got a ton of compliments on our ceremony music. Thank you, Ovation Strings!

Catherine · Married on 02/17/2018

We absolutely loved working with Ovation String Quartet!!! They were flexible and reliable. Any questions I had they responded right away! The music was beautiful and we received a lot of compliments. They made our day magical!

Paulette · Married on 12/08/2017

Ovation Strings is downright perfect. Not only do they play a wide variety of songs, but they’re willing to accommodate to any and all needs.

We worked directly with Laurie who is simply amazing. She quickly responds to emails and overall, provides top notch customer service.

We couldn’t have had a better experience preparing for the big day, especially when it came time to discussing the songs for the ceremony and cocktail hour.

This group is professional, talented (also affordable) and everything a couple could dream of having in a wedding string quartet. I would hands down recommend Ovation Strings!

Jennifer · Married on 11/04/2017

Laurie and her team are amazing. I am still getting complements from our guests on how great the music was. They added that special, romanic touch that we were looking for, that really made our night.
    Laurie was so easy to work with, and was very responsive to all of my emails, which is nice when you are working with so many people and vendors.
    I highly recommend Ovation Strings, they are great and so worth it.

Sent on 11/19/2017

Ovation String Quartet's reply:

Thank you so much, Jennifer. We really enjoyed playing for your wedding and you were wonderful to work with. Also, your mom was so sweet - she make a point to stop by and thank us. All the best, Laurie
  • Lippenrieder

Severine · Married on 11/03/2017

I had such a great experience working with Ovation String Quartet. Laurie was very accommodating and responsive. I had some very specific music choices and they delivered exactly what I asked for. My guests were impressed. I highly recommend them.

Annie · Married on 10/28/2017

Beautiful music from a group that was right on time and played the lovely music we requested. Laurie made the process easy.
    Thank you for sharing your talented gifts.

Vanessa · Married on 10/20/2017

Easy and professional to work with! I don't think there was anything that I asked them to play that they couldn't. They sounded wonderful at our wedding!

Sent on 11/04/2017

Ovation String Quartet's reply:

Thank you, Vanessa! We truly enjoyed playing at your wedding.

Matt · Married on 09/24/2017

Laurie was super accommodating and easy to work with, their repertoire was vast and their playing was skillful and elegant. Their opening music, ceremony music, and dinner music fit so well with our wedding and were a part of our entire day. Ovation String Quartet was the perfect choice for our wedding.

Sent on 10/17/2017

Ovation String Quartet's reply:

Thank you, Matt! Everything went well and you were great to work with. It was our pleasure to play for your wedding!

Adrienne · Married on 09/23/2017

Ovation String Quartet was absolutely amazing and truly perfected our ceremony. If you are questioning whether to hire a quartet for your wedding, DO IT - Ovation String Quartet was worth every penny and brought an amazing element to our wedding that guests are still raving how beautiful the ceremony was. Working with Laurie was so easy and she transformed our vision to reality, seamlessly. The ceremony was beautiful and made our wedding feel magical & SO CLASSY! I loved it :)

Sent on 10/13/2017

Ovation String Quartet's reply:

Thank you, Adrienne. We were honored to be a part of your day, and your music choices were beautiful. Also, your church setting was classic and wonderful. Best wishes to you!

Sandra · Married on 09/16/2017

Very professional to work with. Laura and her team are wonderful musicians. Super easy to work with and very responsive and open to suggestions

Sent on 10/02/2017

Ovation String Quartet's reply:

Thank you, Sandra. Your were wonderful to work with.

Allison · Married on 09/03/2017

Ovation String Quartet was the perfect addition to our ceremony and cocktail hour!

We hired a trio (just in order to save a little money) for 1 hour & 45 minutes. They sounded AMAZING! We chose all modern songs for our wedding ceremony (Just The Way You Are -Bruno Mars, All Of Me -John Legend, etc.) and it made our ceremony extra special. Hearing those songs being played was really memorable for us and several guests commented that they sounded great with all of the songs!

The price, song repertoire list, organization and execution were all 5/5 and I would recommend them to anyone else looking for great ceremony musicians!

Sent on 09/19/2017

Ovation String Quartet's reply:

Thank you so much, Allison, for taking the time to write the review. We are thrilled that you are happy with our music and service. Thanks for having us part of your day and best wishes!!

Rhonda · Married on 09/02/2017

Working with Ovation String Quartet was everything we hoped for, there music was perfect for our wedding venue. They were very kind and easy to work with and I would highly recommend them to anyone. Thank you Ovation!!

Sent on 09/09/2017

Ovation String Quartet's reply:

Thank you;, Rhonda. It was a pleasure to work with you, and we loved playing at t he venue you chose. Also, thank you so much for coming out to hear us live several times. Congratulations on Clare's marriage!!

Megan · Married on 08/26/2017

You loved working with Ovation String Quarter! Laurie was phenomenal to work with leading up to the wedding. Out of all my vendors she was the most responsive and helpful.

Sent on 09/26/2017

Ovation String Quartet's reply:

Thank you, Megan. We were happy to be a part of your wedding, and we had a great time!! Best wishes!

Matt · Married on 08/19/2017

We booked Ovation String Quartet for our wedding ceremony musicians. Their communication, timing and quality of music was above and beyond exceptional! We enjoyed browsing their repertoire and selecting a unique mix of songs for our ceremony.

They played before, during and briefly after the ceremony. Our good friend even joined as a vocalist for one of the songs. Our guests loved our live musicians and of course we did too. The quartet was up for any challenge and seamlessly improvised to accommodate our timing the day of.

Would highly recommend for any couple looking for a lively ceremony compliment - or even more traditional selection. They have a very diverse portfolio of music for any setting.

Sent on 10/22/2017

Ovation String Quartet's reply:

Thank you, Matt! We had a great time and were honored to be a part of your day. All the best, Laurie

Kathleen · Married on 08/12/2017

Hiring Ovation String Quartet for our wedding was the best decision we could have made. Laurie was so kind and quick to respond to any questions we had. She even took the time to sit down with us and go over music selections and suggests pieces while I was stuck. She found something perfect for our bridal party procession. We had so many compliments on how fantastic the music was. They played for our ceremony and reception. They even did a custom arrangement of Adele's Remedy and Pure Imagination from Charlie and the Chocolate Factory at our request. I was blown away by the quality of their performance. This is the best investment you could possibly make for your wedding. I would hire them for another event in an instant!

Sent on 10/15/2017

Ovation String Quartet's reply:

Thank you, Kathleen. I loved all of your music selections, and all your careful planning paid off! We were thrilled to be able to play for your wedding. Best, Laurie

Cathy · Married on 08/05/2017

Great experience! The music was beautiful!

Sent on 09/08/2017

Ovation String Quartet's reply:

Thank you, Cathy. Beautiful wedding and lovely reception!!

Samantha · Married on 08/04/2017

Ovation is such a unique quartet. It had always been my dream to have a quartet at my wedding. I found Ovation online and immediately contacted them. Laurie reached out to me and invited me to hear them play before making a decision. They played music I had requested and I was instantly sold. The song I chose for the processional was Can't Help Falling in Love. I was worried that it might take away from my entrance if I walked down the the same song as the bridal party. Ovation worked together to create a few extra measures that beautifully captured my entance. It was absolutely breathtaking and everything I could have imagined. I would definitely hire them again and recommend them to everyone, as they sincerely care about helping others to create their vision.

Sent on 09/12/2017

Ovation String Quartet's reply:

Thank you, Samantha. We had a great time that day - you selected such a nice variety of music. Everyone was kind and gracious, and you were so nice to include us in the brunch. Best wishes to both of you!!

Cindy · Married on 07/22/2017

The Ovation String Quartet performed superbly, and learned two new compositions for the wedding. By working with us to choose the music, and responding to special requests, we achieved a personalized musical environment for the ceremony. This made it memorable for all of us. It was a pleasure working with this professional and responsive ensemble.

Sent on 08/02/2017

Ovation String Quartet's reply:

Thank you so much, Cindy. We were happy to play for your daughter's wedding, and it became a memorable event for us because of the beautiful and unique location. You were a pleasure to work with!

Missy · Married on 07/01/2017

Thank you so much, OSQ! So easy to work with and very responsive. I received many compliments about the music played before and after our ceremony. Great music selection to choose from. I will never forget the song you played as I walked down the aisle. Wish I could have heard more!!!

Sent on 07/09/2017

Ovation String Quartet's reply:

Thank you so much for the review, Missy! We loved playing at your wedding. Your music choices were wonderful, and we had so much fun talking to the guests. It was a new venue for us, and what a fun place it was. Congratulations!!

Judith · Married on 06/23/2017

Laurie was prompt in responding to all our communications and pleasant to work with. Everything was clearly laid out in advance with no last-minute surprises. Ovation's repertoire is exceptional and includes something to please all tastes from traditional to contemporary. Their performance was flawlessly professional, making a beautiful addition to our wedding ceremony. If you choose Ovation, you will not be disappointed!

Sent on 07/26/2017

Ovation String Quartet's reply:

Judith, your son's wedding was wonderful, and we were happy to be a part of everything. Thank you for having us there!

Nicole · Married on 05/20/2017

Ovation String Quartet is absolutely amazing! A must have for a wedding or any event! They are very talented musicians and not to mention extremely friendly. I worked closely with Laurie; she was helpful and very knowledgeable on music for weddings. Ovation supplied a list of songs for our ceremony and cocktail hour! They are great at what they do! We couldn't be more happy with them! An absolute must have!

Sent on 06/04/2017

Ovation String Quartet's reply:

Nicole, I apologize for the very late response, but I had to let you know that we had a great time at your wedding. I love the venue; we had a chance to chat with some of your guests and they were very nice to us. Everything was great. Thank you for having us play!!