Ovation String Quartet Reviews

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2016 Winner
  • WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2015 Winner

Molly C. Married on 09/25/2021

Ovation String Quartet will be a Memory of Our Wedding that I Cherish Forever

Laurie and the rest of Ovation String Quartet were a joy to work with. They were extremely accommodating and kind when we had to postpone our wedding due to the pandemic. When our amended wedding date finally arrived, our guests very much enjoyed the wide range of music that they offered, from the traditional wedding march to the Beatles to the White Stripes; and they worked with us to select music that was a reflection of my husband and I.

A memory I will never forget is during the hustle and bustle of the cake cutting they cued up "Grow Old With You" from the movie the Wedding Singer, which is a favorite of ours' and a request that they took time to master during the postponement. Ovation String Quartet played a large part in making our wedding day lovely and I couldn't recommend them more!

Ovation String Quartet's reply:

Thank you, Molly! You were a pleasure to work with and we are so glad to have been part of your wedding and reception. - Laurie
  • Colette
    Colette Married on 08/07/2021

Amazing string quartet! I recommend them to anyone!

The Ovation String Quartet played prelude and ceremony music for our August 2021 wedding and they were absolutely amazing. The quartet performed with perfection and never missed a cue, making the whole presentation seamless. Their communication while coordinating our arrangement was impeccable as well, not to mention the two slightly unique songs they customized for our ceremony. My husband teared up just from listening to the digitalized version of his walk out song! I 100% recommend Ovation String Quartet to anyone looking for live string music during their wedding or any other special celebration.

Ovation String Quartet's reply:

Thank you, Colette! You were so great to work with, and we are glad that everything went so well. All the best to you! - Laurie
  • Kim
    Kim D. Married on 08/23/2020

The Perfect Option

I'm so glad we decided to have Ovation play for our wedding! They played our chosen selections beautifully! The whole experience with them was great, not just for that day, but leading up to the day as well! Laurie was very responsive and professional in the months leading up to our big day, and I feel that they did everything to make sure that we received exactly the experience we were hoping for!

Ovation String Quartet's reply:

Thank you, Kim! You were a pleasure to work with and your wedding was beautiful. All the best to you and your lovely family. - Laurie
  • Julia
    Julia S. Married on 04/10/2020

Beautiful Music & Fantastic Service

My husband and I used Ovation for our wedding this past October. The pandemic provided numerous logistical challeneges but the group was still very willing to play at our very small outdoor ceremony. They timing and quality of each selection was lovely and numerous guests commented on how much they enjoyed our live music. Hats off to Laurie who manages the group and was so kind and pleasant throughout all of the communication.

Ovation String Quartet's reply:

Thank you, Julia. We really appreciate that you took the time to write a review. Your wedding was spectacular!! Also thanks for being so organized. Congratulations to you and Collin!
  • Katie
    Katie O. Married on 12/29/2018

Amazing and professional!!

I LOVED working with Ovation String Quartet for my wedding in December at the St. Paul College Club. Laurie was professional and responded quickly to all of my questions. She also invited us to watch the quartet perform at the Icehouse, and I really appreciated the opportunity to see them perform before the wedding! They have a huge repertoire selection and will take special requests as well. My family sang during our ceremony, and at the last minute (like, the day before the wedding) we decided to ask Ovation to accompany the choir. We sent the arrangement to them and they nailed it! I was extremely pleased with my experience with Ovation and I would recommend them to anyone!!

Ovation String Quartet's reply:

Thank you so much, Katie. You were a pleasure to work with, and your wedding is very memorable. Best wishes!
  • mnmaria
    Maria Married on 10/06/2018

We only we wish could have heard more!

What a beautiful sound to walk down the aisle to! Especially in our venue, their sound filled the room. We are so happy we booked with Ovation String Quartet. We had absolutely no issues and they were accommodating to our needs. We booked them to stay to play the cocktail hour and it was also magnificent, I would highly recommend doing so. Excellent service, value, and sound! Thank you!!
    Evan W. Married on 08/25/2018

Everything you want in a quartet

They were very professional and responsive. They had a huge song list and learned a handful of songs we requested. They played everything how we wanted. it was perfect!

Ovation String Quartet's reply:

Thank you, Evan! I appreciate you taking the time to write a review. You were a pleasure to work with, and all my best to you! Laurie
    Ann Married on 07/07/2018
    We had ovation string quartet at our wedding last weekend at Mayowood Stone Barn in Rochester. We weren’t allowed to have a live band because of city ordinances so we knew we had to have some sort of live music! We had ovation play 30 min before our ceremony through the end of cocktail hour. We had a mix of classic and contemporary and they nailed it all! They were so professional and also extremely talented! I couldn’t recommend them more!

Ovation String Quartet's reply:

Thank you, Ann. We always enjoy playing at Mayowood, and your wedding and reception were great. So many of your friends and family stopped by to tell us that they were listening and appreciated the music. Best wishes to you! Laurie
    Mitch Married on 06/02/2018
    We were lucky to have the Ovation String Quartet play for our wedding in June 2018. They were excellent and we couldn't recommend them more strongly. Laurie was very easy to work with and quick to respond to all our e-mails. They were very reasonably priced and we were happy to pay a little more to keep them around through our cocktail hour. One awesome perk is the arrangement of a song of your choice for strings. They did "Everything Is Awesome" (from The Lego Movie) as our recessional. It truly was awesome and many people commented on it. My only complaint was, as the groom, I was too busy doing other things and didn't get to sit and enjoy their music enough!

Ovation String Quartet's reply:

Thanks, Mitch! Your requested song was a great one to add to our repertoire, and we had fun playing for your wedding. All the best to you and Emily.
    Megan Married on 03/24/2018
    A fabulous group and so easy to work with. They did a lovely job and I got a ton of compliments on our ceremony music. Thank you, Ovation Strings!
    Catherine Married on 02/17/2018
    We absolutely loved working with Ovation String Quartet!!! They were flexible and reliable. Any questions I had they responded right away! The music was beautiful and we received a lot of compliments. They made our day magical!
    Paulette Married on 12/08/2017
    Ovation Strings is downright perfect. Not only do they play a wide variety of songs, but they’re willing to accommodate to any and all needs.

We worked directly with Laurie who is simply amazing. She quickly responds to emails and overall, provides top notch customer service.

We couldn’t have had a better experience preparing for the big day, especially when it came time to discussing the songs for the ceremony and cocktail hour.

This group is professional, talented (also affordable) and everything a couple could dream of having in a wedding string quartet. I would hands down recommend Ovation Strings!
    Jennifer Married on 11/04/2017
    Laurie and her team are amazing. I am still getting complements from our guests on how great the music was. They added that special, romanic touch that we were looking for, that really made our night.
    Laurie was so easy to work with, and was very responsive to all of my emails, which is nice when you are working with so many people and vendors.
    I highly recommend Ovation Strings, they are great and so worth it.

Ovation String Quartet's reply:

Thank you so much, Jennifer. We really enjoyed playing for your wedding and you were wonderful to work with. Also, your mom was so sweet - she make a point to stop by and thank us. All the best, Laurie
  • Lippenrieder
    Severine Married on 11/03/2017
    I had such a great experience working with Ovation String Quartet. Laurie was very accommodating and responsive. I had some very specific music choices and they delivered exactly what I asked for. My guests were impressed. I highly recommend them.
    Annie Married on 10/28/2017
    Beautiful music from a group that was right on time and played the lovely music we requested. Laurie made the process easy.
    Thank you for sharing your talented gifts.
    Vanessa Married on 10/20/2017
    Easy and professional to work with! I don't think there was anything that I asked them to play that they couldn't. They sounded wonderful at our wedding!

Ovation String Quartet's reply:

Thank you, Vanessa! We truly enjoyed playing at your wedding.
    Matt Married on 09/24/2017
    Laurie was super accommodating and easy to work with, their repertoire was vast and their playing was skillful and elegant. Their opening music, ceremony music, and dinner music fit so well with our wedding and were a part of our entire day. Ovation String Quartet was the perfect choice for our wedding.

Ovation String Quartet's reply:

Thank you, Matt! Everything went well and you were great to work with. It was our pleasure to play for your wedding!
    Adrienne Married on 09/23/2017
    Ovation String Quartet was absolutely amazing and truly perfected our ceremony. If you are questioning whether to hire a quartet for your wedding, DO IT - Ovation String Quartet was worth every penny and brought an amazing element to our wedding that guests are still raving how beautiful the ceremony was. Working with Laurie was so easy and she transformed our vision to reality, seamlessly. The ceremony was beautiful and made our wedding feel magical & SO CLASSY! I loved it :)

Ovation String Quartet's reply:

Thank you, Adrienne. We were honored to be a part of your day, and your music choices were beautiful. Also, your church setting was classic and wonderful. Best wishes to you!
    Sandra Married on 09/16/2017
    Very professional to work with. Laura and her team are wonderful musicians. Super easy to work with and very responsive and open to suggestions

Ovation String Quartet's reply:

Thank you, Sandra. Your were wonderful to work with.
    Allison Married on 09/03/2017
    Ovation String Quartet was the perfect addition to our ceremony and cocktail hour!

We hired a trio (just in order to save a little money) for 1 hour & 45 minutes. They sounded AMAZING! We chose all modern songs for our wedding ceremony (Just The Way You Are -Bruno Mars, All Of Me -John Legend, etc.) and it made our ceremony extra special. Hearing those songs being played was really memorable for us and several guests commented that they sounded great with all of the songs!

The price, song repertoire list, organization and execution were all 5/5 and I would recommend them to anyone else looking for great ceremony musicians!

Ovation String Quartet's reply:

Thank you so much, Allison, for taking the time to write the review. We are thrilled that you are happy with our music and service. Thanks for having us part of your day and best wishes!!
    Rhonda Married on 09/02/2017
    Working with Ovation String Quartet was everything we hoped for, there music was perfect for our wedding venue. They were very kind and easy to work with and I would highly recommend them to anyone. Thank you Ovation!!

Ovation String Quartet's reply:

Thank you;, Rhonda. It was a pleasure to work with you, and we loved playing at t he venue you chose. Also, thank you so much for coming out to hear us live several times. Congratulations on Clare's marriage!!
    Megan Married on 08/26/2017
    You loved working with Ovation String Quarter! Laurie was phenomenal to work with leading up to the wedding. Out of all my vendors she was the most responsive and helpful.

Ovation String Quartet's reply:

Thank you, Megan. We were happy to be a part of your wedding, and we had a great time!! Best wishes!
    Matt Married on 08/19/2017
    We booked Ovation String Quartet for our wedding ceremony musicians. Their communication, timing and quality of music was above and beyond exceptional! We enjoyed browsing their repertoire and selecting a unique mix of songs for our ceremony.

They played before, during and briefly after the ceremony. Our good friend even joined as a vocalist for one of the songs. Our guests loved our live musicians and of course we did too. The quartet was up for any challenge and seamlessly improvised to accommodate our timing the day of.

Would highly recommend for any couple looking for a lively ceremony compliment - or even more traditional selection. They have a very diverse portfolio of music for any setting.

Ovation String Quartet's reply:

Thank you, Matt! We had a great time and were honored to be a part of your day.
    All the best, Laurie
    Kathleen Married on 08/12/2017
    Hiring Ovation String Quartet for our wedding was the best decision we could have made. Laurie was so kind and quick to respond to any questions we had. She even took the time to sit down with us and go over music selections and suggests pieces while I was stuck. She found something perfect for our bridal party procession. We had so many compliments on how fantastic the music was. They played for our ceremony and reception. They even did a custom arrangement of Adele's Remedy and Pure Imagination from Charlie and the Chocolate Factory at our request. I was blown away by the quality of their performance. This is the best investment you could possibly make for your wedding. I would hire them for another event in an instant!

Ovation String Quartet's reply:

Thank you, Kathleen. I loved all of your music selections, and all your careful planning paid off! We were thrilled to be able to play for your wedding. Best, Laurie