Outer Banks Wedding Entertainment Reviews

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2016 Winner

• Casey
    Casey Married on 06/11/2022

The Most Fun!

We had the full 7 piece band and they were AMAZING! Everyone at our wedding talked about how awesome and fun they were. Cannot recommend Jeremy and this band enough. If you’re getting married you need to book them :) you will not regret it! With this package they provided the ceremony, cocktail hour, and reception music. One of the easiest/best choices we made for our wedding booking them!
    Molly V. Married on 06/10/2022

Absolutely amazing !!!!

Cannot say enough amazing things about Jeremy. Highly recommend him as not only a DJ but if the band is also available to play … DO IT!!! They were absolutely amazing. Jeremy is extremely responsive and all around a great person to work with.
  • Jasmine
    Jasmine L. Married on 06/08/2022

Jeremy Russell is a must have for OBX weddings

We absolutely loved having Jeremy as our DJ. Not only did he play wonderful music, and followed our request list exactly, he also played the ukulele as I walked for the aisle to "somewhere over the rainbow", which felt absolutely perfect for the beach ceremony. For cocktail hour he played some wonderful acoustic music on the guitar, then switched to DJing for to get the dance floor grooving. I really appreciated Jeremy's detail orientated approach which showed when he sent an in depth form to get to know us as a couple and know our music must haves/do not plays. He was so communicative and checked in with us every step of the way. His sound equipment was also perfect for the beach ceremony and allowed all the guests to hear us crystal clear. If you are getting married in OBX, Jeremy is your must have DJ because he does it all, with kindness and communication!
  • Meg
    Meg A. Married on 05/28/2022

The best band

They were amazing! They kept the party going all night long and were an absolute pleasure to work with leading up to the event. I can't recommend them enough!
  • Brittany
    Brittany F. Married on 05/26/2022

Great DJ/Musician!

Jeremy was overall fantastic! Super responsive, friendly and easy going, LOVED that he could do the ceremony, cocktail hour, AND reception music, and his ukulele playing was on point! We had the most perfect weather so many guests ended up hanging outside for most of the evening while the little kids played inside, and Jeremy was quick to pivot to their age-appropriate music (queue the Frozen soundtrack) which they (and their parents who got a break from entertaining them) loved. All other music choices were exactly what we wanted and when we finally hit the dance floor, Jeremy kept everyone moving. THANK YOU again!!
    Jessica Married on 05/08/2022

Wonderful!

From the very beginning Jeremy was a pleasure to work with. He was very kind and helpful through my many questions and changes. He honored all of our requests and made sure to include everything we asked for. The day of our wedding he played the guitar for the ceremony, sang for the cocktail hour and switched over to DJ for the reception and he was awesome at all three! He kept people up and dancing til the very end and we couldn't have asked for better. Thank you Jeremy for an incredible night...Jessica and George
    Shannon P. Married on 05/07/2022

Simply Amazing!

One of the BEST vendors of our wedding! Jeremy and his band had our wedding guests on the dance floor all night. He was wonderful to work with before the wedding and just such a positive, joyful part of our special day. He works so well with the day-of-coordinator or you to make sure everything goes smoothly. He is attentive to you and your partner's musical likes and dislikes and does an amazing job putting the set altogether. You will not regret your decision to go with Jeremy & the Generations!! :)
  • Melissa
    Melissa Q. Married on 05/06/2022

Amazing musician and dj! Made our wedding day perfect

Jeremy was so amazing to deal with from the start of planning, to the wedding day & even following up afterwards. Entertainment was our #1 priority & he did not disappoint! We planned our wedding from several states away and had custom requests (like my dad playing his guitar and singing a dedicated song to me) & I mean it when I say EVERYTHING turned out perfect. Our dance floor was so packed that you couldn't even see the floor underneath everyone. And we absolutely loved the option of having both a musician and DJ option without booking multiple vendors. I could not recommend him enough!
    Diane D. Married on 04/30/2022

Hire this man

Jeremy was fantastic! He absolutely crushed the song choices for our reception, played a beautiful acoustic set during our cocktail hour which definitely consisted of Britney Spears & 1970s classic rock. He can do it all! Our guests raved about him and the dance floor was packed all night long. Couldn’t have had a better time at our wedding. Let’s do it all over again Jeremy!
    Kim M. Married on 04/29/2022

Jeremy, band and music all wonderful

Jeremy was wonderful to work with, the band was great my guests never stopped dancing and for weeks after the wedding all I heard was how "great the band was" I highly recommend them!!
  • Danielle
    Danielle A. Married on 04/24/2022

Aristizabal Wedding at Haven on the Banks

Jeremy was an amazing investment for our wedding! He was timely, responsive, and made sure to play every single requested song! He really took great care of us and our ceremony, cocktail hour, and reception. I couldn't have asked for a better DJ for our wedding! Thank you so so much for helping make our day perfect!
  • Natalie
    Natalie P. Married on 04/23/2022

Knocked it out of the park!

Working with Jeremy was a breeze! He provided guitar services at our ceremony and cocktail hour and DJ services at our reception. We're still getting compliments on how great the music was at our wedding!

He worked with us to learn music for our ceremony and even helped me and the groom's mom plan a little surprise for their mother-son dance.

He was super flexible as we navigated rescheduling (originally a 2020 wedding) and we are so happy to have him provide some stellar entertainment at our wedding.
    Alicia Married on 04/02/2022

Everything we could have hoped for!

We were looking to have a laid back reception with really good music. The outer banks wedding crew came through and made the night!
  • Aubrie
    Aubrie M. Married on 12/31/2021

Best DJ ever

Jeremy was incredible! He made the party go all night long at our wedding. Everyone was on the dance floor and he did a great job reading the room and playing music for all ages. He really made the party and our wedding wouldn’t have been the same or as fun without him!
    Callie Married on 12/18/2021

Jeremy kept the party going!

Jeremy kept the party going for our wedding! We had a BLAST & so many of our friends commented on how much fun they had! We had a pretty rowdy crowd and he knew just what to play. He had all ages up dancing all the way up to my grandma in her wheelchair! He was great with communication and played all our requests and made great choices when we weren't sure what to pick. We highly recommend him for your event (& reach out early!)
    Lexy Married on 11/13/2021

Jeremy is GREAT for ANY size wedding!!!

We loved Jeremy! He was responsive to a million emails that I sent leading up to the wedding! He was flexible and willing to learn a new song to play on guitar at our ceremony. (Which was perfect and so special!) We had a smaller wedding, about 60 guests, and I was nervous that the dance floor would not be fun. Jeremy kept everybody on the dance floor the entire time and I felt like he played songs right off my Spotify playlist! Also just the nicest person. Our wedding party spoke so highly of him! Jeremy helped make our day so wonderful and rolled with some hiccups that came along and made the day so fun! I highly recommend working with him!!!
  • Courtney
    Courtney S. Married on 11/06/2021

Couldn't be happier!

Jeremy was perfect - everyone was on the dance floor the entire time! We had SO much fun and I couldn't be happier with his services and song selection. He also did acoustic for our ceremony and cocktail hour which was amazing. Aside from him being extremely talented, Jeremy is incredibly friendly, which made having him there that much better. We are so glad we chose him for our wedding!
  • Karen
    Karen E. Married on 10/28/2021

Phenomenal

OBXWE creates an outstandingly fun, personal, energizing environment. We hired them for three evenings for a solo performer, as the full band, and for use of their DJ equipment. Every experience was wonderful. The dance floor was never empty and became a melting pot for our guests to come together, from the toddlers to the retirees, from friends who grew up together to families from different continents. Everyone had a blast and most of us have never danced so much in our lives. Highly recommend based on personality, performance, and professionalism.
  • W
    William M. Married on 10/22/2021

Jeremy is the BEST

When you got a party crowd as we did, music is key. We really wanted someone who would keep people out on the dance floor and Jeremy definitely did! While we only met Jeremy the day of our event he was such a pleasure to work with! & prior to us meeting him he had rave reviews from all the other local vendors we went with. From the time our guest walked down the aisle to the last dance, Jeremy was truly terrific & we could not be happier that he was part of our special day!
  • MaryElizabeth
    Maryelizabeth G. Married on 10/16/2021

Jeremy is our favorite!!

At the beginning of our wedding planning process my husband and I listed our top 3 priorities for our wedding and DJ was on both of our lists. Jeremy was not only able to do our reception but he played acoustic for our ceremony and cocktail hour. I was very vague on the music for the reception and he was able to keep our guests (of many ages) on the dance floor all night. After our wedding we received many compliments from our guests!! Although Jeremy was outstanding the entire evening, he really went above and beyond during our first look. He was setting up his DJ booth and noticed me about to go for my first look and waved! Next thing I knew, he was playing our first dance song and I was a total mess! It's been almost 6 months and I still get goose bumps and begin to feel tears in my eyes. Jeremy is absolutely outstanding and I cannot highly recommend him enough.
    Erin C. Married on 10/15/2021

Even the neighbors danced the night away

Having Jeremy and his bandmates play our wedding was one of the BEST decisions we made for our day. We knew we wanted a band and not a DJ, but by having Jeremy, we got the best of both! First, I can not say enough about how amazing the band was. Our guests are still talking about it weeks later. We even had the neighboring house guests come by the next day to tell us how much they enjoyed the music. We had the 7 piece band and don't regret it at all! They interacted with our guests and even got some of the guests singing along with them on the mics! Second, they played anything and everything we would have wanted based on information Jeremy collected prior to our wedding. Jeremy learned all of the songs that we requested if he didn't already know them. The music was catered to our crowd and to our taste. The dance floor was never empty. They even surprised me (the bride) by learning and playing my favorite song of all time! And lastly, Jeremy is one of the nicest, most down to earth people I have met. His professionalism is impeccable. He made the process easy. His responses were always timely and I never had a doubt that he would deliver what he said he could. We did not have a planner and Jeremy was kind enough to help keep things on a timeline for us. He has so much experience, he knew exactly what to do and when! It was more than generous and he made it so that my husband and I didn't have to worry about a thing. I can not say enough great things about Jeremy Russel and band!
  • Tia
    Tia P. Married on 10/14/2021

Jeremy is amazing!! Made our wedding SO FUN! :)

Jeremy is hands down the BEST! He was so easy to work with and is extremely friendly and personable. He was very responsive throughout the planning process and his professionalism is top-notch.
    We got married on 10/14/21 and he played acoustic for our ceremony and cocktail hour and DJ’ed for our reception. Guests are still talking about how great Jeremy was weeks after the wedding! Everyone had so much fun and our guests were on the dance floor all night! Jeremy played great music and knew how to read the crowd to determine what to play. For example, my husband’s father brought out bottle of Fireball and was pouring shots for everyone. Jeremy switched the music tone and started playing “Fireball” by Pitbull! It was a huge hit. He truly made our wedding SO fun.
    Jeremy, we cannot thank you enough for being a part of our special day and entertaining our guests. For anyone getting married on the OBX, Jeremy is your guy! You won't regret hiring him for all your DJ and ceremony music needs. :)
  • Rachel
    Rachel H. Married on 10/14/2021

Exceptional

Jeremy was such a pleasure to work with and our wedding party really enjoyed his acoustic guitar and singing! He even played for the crowd on the beach while waiting for us all to arrive. 10/10 would recommend Jeremy for your wedding music! Such a nice guy.
  • Sarah
    Sarah J. Married on 10/13/2021

Best dj ever!

Jeremy was absolutely incredible! He was the DJ for our wedding on 10/13/2021 in Corolla, NC. From the moment we first spoke on the phone I felt like I knew him my entire life... he was so friendly, helpful and kind. We booked him to play acoustic during our ceremony and then DJ the reception. He was available throughout the planning and music selection process to help with any questions I had and always responded right away. He did a great job keeping the party going and was accommodating to any requests from our guests. I'm beyond happy with the service he provided and so grateful that we had him at our wedding. I would highly recommend him to anyone looking for a DJ for any kind of event. I'm sad the wedding is over for so many reasons but one of them is because of the incredible people I was able to work with, and Jeremy is at the top of that list!
    Cheryl A. Married on 10/07/2021

Jeremy is amazing!!

Jeremy was the best!! It was so neat to have him
    Okay acoustic guitar for our ceremony and then go into being a DJ for our reception. Jeremy is such a cool guy and did such a great job. We loved having him as part of our special day. We highly recommend him!!