Outer Banks Wedding Entertainment Reviews

114 | Nags Head, NC

114 Reviews for Outer Banks Wedding Entertainment

Alyssa B. · Married on 04/10/2021

Can't wait for the big day!

We met Jeremy at the Wedding Expo back in March, I won the cute gift basket they were giving away 😉 Him and his wife are super sweet and so down to earth. I love the fact that he can play acoustic during the ceremony and then DJ the reception. We have booked Jeremy for our wedding in April 2021 and I can't wait! We are so excited to have him there!

Sent on 08/26/2020

Bryan V. · Married on 12/05/2020

Couldn't be happier...hire this man.

During our wedding planning process, it became quite evident that my future wife had a lot of ideas as to what music she wanted played at our wedding. “I love this song” became her rallying cry to come up with a long list of “must plays”. While my list of must plays, was much shorter, I was committed to having a mix of music styles (acoustic, DJ’d, etc)…and to be frank, Jeremy is singularly talented enough to handle it all. Upon the recommendation of our wedding planners, we made an appointment to meet Jeremy at his booth during the wedding expo and had the good fortune of meeting his wife that morning as well. He walked us through everything that he offered in terms of services and it absolutely fit the tone that my wife and I were trying to set with our music: a mix of sentimental and downright fun. Jeremy is a pretty laid back guy, very easy to engage and work with but also the consummate professional. He was flexible when our ceremony details required it and yet still kept the train on its tracks. At the end of the day, we’d work with Jeremy again 11 times out of 10 and would encourage those looking for just the right mix of everything on their wedding day to consider Jeremy, you won’t regret it.

Sent on 09/17/2019

Alexis B. · Married on 10/31/2020

Great musician!

Jeremy was a wonderful vendor to work with. He did the ceremony music & reception music for our wedding. Everyone complimented me about his services. They really enjoyed the music he played on guitar - during the ceremony & cocktail hour. He is very easy going & was a pleasure to work with.

Sent on 02/10/2021
  • Ashley

Ashley P. · Married on 10/17/2020

You won't be disappointed!! Amazing

We hired Outer Banks Wedding Entertainment for our 2020 October wedding and were were not disappointed. From the beggining Jeremy helped me with the music selection and getting organized. He sent the best two DJs/musicians and we had the best time. Raymond kept the party going, has the best DJ voice! Playlist was on point. My guest loved ya! Phil who was just as great, has an amazing voice was perfect for our happy hour and did a fabulous job for our music during the ceremony. So thankful we found you all for our special day. I would recommend you all anyday. Thank you again!

Sent on 02/05/2021
  • Gina

Gina T. · Married on 10/17/2020

The Band Was So Good, We Had Wedding Crashers!

They played everything, from oldies to top 40, and had every single person out on the dancefloor. We knew we always wanted to have a band, and we are SO glad Jeremy and The Generations were available for us! We only wish we could relive this night over and over again! Don't sleep - book them now!!

Sent on 02/21/2021
  • Jamie

Jamie L. · Married on 10/15/2020

Jeremy is amazing!!

I know you have so many options when it comes to Music for your wedding day, trust me...we found out quickly. Do you do an acoustic set, a band, a DJ....there is just so much to consider. Well consider this your present from us to you, Jeremy Russell...you're welcome! He even has a band if that’s your thing.

Jeremy was just so good, so flexible...and SO talented! One of the many great things about him is he can be all of your options, in one. He played acoustically for our ceremony, plugged in for our cocktail hour and passed hors d'oeuvres...and then when it was time to really get moving, he turned into an incredible DJ! He was literally the best of all worlds wrapped up into one super talented just great guy. We even threw him a curve ball at the last minute and changed up our song for the ceremony recessional, a song he didn’t know…and he not only agreed to the last minute change, he learned it and played it perfectly for us.

We promise you will not be disappointed in choosing Jeremy, he made the planning process so easy and enjoyable. We have already seen him once playing out since the wedding, and plan to make it a point to see him every chance we get to come back to the OBX, our second home. Save yourself some time and check Music off your list, Jeremy FAR surpassed our expectations and made our special day perfect.

Thanks Jeremy!

Jamie and Melissa Lee

Sent on 03/02/2021
  • Megan

Megan · Married on 10/11/2020

My Definition of the Perfect DJ

When I started looking for DJs on the Outer Banks, I had no particular "must haves" in mind but when I came across Jeremy, I was sold AS SOON AS I saw that he performed live.. I could immediately envision this laid back, fun vibe for our wedding.

And it was just that! My husband and I got married in Kitty Hawk on the beach with Jeremy performing as we went through our ceremony. He then made a smooth transition up to the pier immediately following to prep for our reception which was spent with him playing live for my guest during cocktail hour. I just loved the variety he provided and how laid back/down-to-earth he was. He was SUPER flexible, responsive and was even willing to stay and play an extra hour for us (and we SO would've enjoyed this if our venue would have allowed it).

Nothing to me says a beach wedding more than an acoustic guitar with sand between your toes and salt in the air. Jeremy is someone that feels like a friend and will put you at ease while providing excellence with a warm smile!

Sent on 02/11/2021
  • Kaleigh

Kaleigh W. · Married on 10/10/2020

Best wedding music ever!

Jeremy was so helpful with taking all my very picky music requests! Would definitely recommend!

Sent on 10/13/2020
  • Katie

Katie O. · Married on 10/04/2020

The reason my wedding was FUN!

Jeremy is the BEST! Truly, we were so lucky to book him! It seems silly, but my biggest fear about my wedding was no one would have fun. Because of Jeremy, WE DID! Everyone danced, I mean; everyone, practically the entire time! He did the best job of reading the crowd, spacing out the songs I have specifically asked for, and sticking to what we wanted! So many guests request songs, Jeremy was our advocate, he really stuck to what we wanted and didn’t want. He made it 100x better than we could have imagined, his timing was always impeccable and I really can’t stress enough, he’s so helpful with timeline. Example, would let us know when it was time to cut the cake and commanded the room for it! He is incredibly talented and will set the absolute perfect party tone for any wedding! Jeremy, thank you for the bottom of our hearts for the best night of our lives! It was a party to remember and that was all because of you!

Sent on 10/22/2020
  • Marc

Marc B. · Married on 09/19/2020

Best wedding band ever!

Jeremy and his band were absolutely fantastic! They had everyone dancing for the entire reception. Nobody left the dance floor! The band played music that catered to all generations, and they were even kind enough to let me and my father-in-law play a song with them! It was a blast and it is a special memory that we will carry with us forever. 10/10 recommend Jeremy for any musical services during your special day. He truly goes above and beyond!

Sent on 10/10/2020

Mary M. · Married on 09/16/2020

Jeremy was great!

We got married in September 2020 during Covid so things were constantly changing, especially the guest list, but Jeremy was very easy to work with. He helped with our playlist and even found an old Irish song that I wanted to play for my mother. The wedding music was great - we were on the dance floor all night long! I would definitely recommend Jeremy.

Sent on 02/13/2021
  • Taylor

Taylor W. · Married on 08/29/2020

SO fun! you NEED him at your wedding!! :)

Go ahead and make your wedding planning life easier and hire Jeremy as your DJ!! My husband and I absolutely loved having Jeremy as part of our wedding day. Throughout the entire process, Jeremy was always there to answer questions, give recommendations, and was patient when we had to make last minute changes due to covid. He did our ceremony on the beach at one location and moved over to our reception, which was 15 minutes away, seamlessly! He kept our reception fun and exciting from the moment we got there until the very end when every single person was up and dancing! Not only is he a talented DJ but he is also a talented musician! We had an acoustic cocktail hour where Jeremy sang and played guitar and everyone loved that! We had so much fun with Jeremy that two of our groomsmen ripped their pants dancing, haha! Jeremy is a cool guy that you just want to hangout with and get to know, we thoroughly enjoyed having him a part of our wedding! Do yourself a favor and hire him!

Sent on 09/09/2020
  • Tara

Tara D. · Married on 08/27/2020

What an amazing day

I can't believe it has been two months since the wedding. We are all still talking about what an amazing week we had, let alone what an amazing day of! We have heard of many wedding horror DJ and band stories and we are so ecstatic to say we can only brag about how amazing ours was! Being so far away we were not able to meet Jeremy in person but he was one of the ones recommended by our planner as a perfect fit for us. Both my husband and I love acoustic and probably could have done the entire wedding that way, but knew we had people in our group wanting to dance the night away. After watching some videos and reading reviews we knew he would be perfect. Although he did not know the two songs I wanted played at the ceremony he was willing to learn them and he sounded absolutely perfect. I was initially worried about him moving from the outside/upstairs porch where he played acoustic for the ceremony, to the downstairs porch where he played acoustic for the cocktail hour, to the inside dining room where he DJ'd for dinner, then back to the downstairs porch where he DJ'd for dancing; however, he did this seamlessly and we never even noticed that he had to change/adjust each time. I was even a little worried about it being awkward having a DJ at such a small event being that our numbers had to get cut way down but that was not the case. He exceeded all of our expectations and we are so glad we added the extra hour at the end. He even worked in streaming the event live for us at the last minute to help with family that couldn't come. Now we have a video of the ceremony I never expected to have. We will definitely go out and see him play at a venue if we ever get the chance when we come for our yearly trip. I think the entire family would agree to come with us again if they could. Thank you Jeremy for making our simple and small 27 year celebration so perfect, even during a pandemic. Tara, Brian, Berney, and Jacob!!!

Sent on 10/19/2020
  • Cindy

Cindy · Married on 08/22/2020

The time of our life!

My daughter was married this past summer, August 2020 at the HGI Pier House. We met Jeremy Russell at the OBX Wedding Expo in 2019 and "clicked" with him right away. We loved his personality and were extremely impressed that in addition to providing DJ Services, he is also a talented musician. Once we listened to a demo and heard his beautiful voice, we knew we had to incorporate live music at the reception as well. Jeremy was so easy to work with throughout the entire planning process. He is a true professional and sent my daughter a link to build a playlist and outline everything she and the groom envisioned during the reception. He readily agreed to provide live music during dinner and switch to dance music right after. He answered all our questions promptly and I could tell that he really wanted to know the bride and groom’s style. Our guests were blown away by his voice and commented throughout the night how amazing our DJ was! My daughter’s 74 grandmother even got in on the fun and danced several times! The volume of the music was spot on as well! This is especially important as the music should be loud enough to have fun but also allow guests to “hear” each other. Jeremy Russell is a master and knows exactly when to slow things down with a romantic song and when to pump up the party with dance music! Every single person at the reception danced and we had a great conga line going! At the end of the night when he played “The Time of My Life” and every single person was on the dance floor, I was full of happy tears. With the pandemic we were unsure if the wedding would even take place. I will forever cherish the memories of watching my daughter and son in law have an unforgettable celebration with their closest friends and family. I cannot thank Jeremy Russell enough for making the wedding reception an unforgettable evening for everyone. He surpassed our expectations, and we will be forever grateful.

Sent on 02/18/2021

Jin C. · Married on 07/31/2020

Amazing!!!

Our wedding was such a roller coaster due to pandemic. Jeremy made so easy for us when we were going through many changes because of Covid-19. You will not regret have Jeremy at your wedding!!

Sent on 02/05/2021
  • Zabrine

Zabrine W. · Married on 06/27/2020

Love DJ Jeremy!

Jeremy was amazing! Our wedding was in June 2020 which was a time we weren't sure the wedding could happen! We changed venue, group size, potential date and Jeremy was flexible and accommodating during very crazy times. I provided him an idea of the kind of music we love (a wide variety) and he nailed it! Our wedding party was dancing up a storm (all ages) and had a blast! He read the audience, selected the right music and truly was the perfect dj for the most wonderful day of our lives!

Sent on 03/06/2021
  • Renee

Renee · Married on 11/23/2019

Such a fun night!!

We met Jeremy, his wife and son at an OBX wedding Expo and fell in love! He is such a great guy, easy-going, talented, and kept the party going all night...we even booked him an extra 2 hours the night of our wedding! He began the cocktail hour singing and playing our favorite songs on his guitar, then transitioned into DJ for the night.

It ended up pouring on our wedding night and the inside of our tent became flooded and muddy. It didn't even phase him as he entertained us! He even caught my garter Haha! See photos below of our incredible night!

Sent on 01/27/2020

Alex R. · Married on 11/09/2019

Amazing band

Jeremy and his band were amazing! They were super accommodating and a full service deal. They were not only easy to work with but made the night go smoothly! The band is able to play a diverse music selection to please all guests. We would highly recommend!

Sent on 01/31/2020
  • Tracey

Tracey · Married on 10/26/2019

We couldn't get our guests off the dance floor!

Jeremy and the band were absolutely PERFECT! Jeremy played the ukulele for the ceremony and then we had the full band for the reception. He made sure to include all of our specific requests, while also doing a great job of reading the crowd and truly setting the mood of the night. They were the perfect mix of classics and new music to ensure everyone at the wedding had something to enjoy. I continue to have multiple guest tell me how much fun they had and I think the band was a huge part in that! You will not regret hiring them for your big day!

Sent on 01/11/2020

Regan W. · Married on 10/13/2019

Talented, fun, responsive and professional!

Couldn’t recommend enough! Jermey was beyond great to work with—professional, responsive, detailed and very talented! He gave us exactly what we wanted and was really fun to be around. He had our guests dancing all night and we still hear about how great the music was at our wedding!

Sent on 01/17/2020
  • Amy

Amy · Married on 10/05/2019

Amazing band!

If you are looking for a band for your wedding- stop and don’t look any further. Jeremy Russell and his band are absolutely amazing. They kept the dancing floor going until the end of the reception and far exceeded our expectations. Our guests have been raving about the band since the wedding 3 weeks ago. Jeremy was also very accommodating to our music choices and the music he picked
    on his own was perfect for the reception.

Sent on 10/26/2019
  • Arianna

Arianna M. · Married on 10/03/2019

When You Want More Than Just a DJ

My now-husband and I first heard Jeremy sing at the Sanderling Resort Meet and Greet. We knew we wanted to hire him for our wedding. Not only does he sing but he is a DJ, too! He did acoustic for our ceremony and cocktail hour, and switched to DJ mode during the reception. The playlist was perfect and he even hit the floor to teach us how to do "The Git Up." All of the music set the perfect tone for the day.

Sent on 10/26/2019

Savannah S. · Married on 09/28/2019

Professional and Fun!!

I’m so thankful Jeremy was such a big part of our wedding. From communication, to suggestions, to just being fun and personal, Jeremy is the best DJ you could ask for. He sang on acoustic for our ceremony and cocktail hour, then DJ’d for the reception. I warned him ahead of time that we had a party crowd and he did not disappoint! He had my entire wedding on the dance floor almost the whole night! We had so much fun and his song choices were spot on. Hire Jeremy now, it’ll be one of the best and easiest decisions you make for your wedding!

Sent on 01/11/2020

Carolyn B. · Married on 09/12/2019

Best choice!

We hired Jeremy to do an acoustic set for our cocktail hour and then to Dj the next 3 hours! He was amazing! We couldn’t have asked for more! He handled the guests requests and didn’t skip a beat! We felt like we came away with a friend! You will not regret having Jeremy be apart of your special day!

Sent on 01/22/2020
  • Elizabeth

Elizabeth C. · Married on 08/07/2019

Amazing job!!

Jeremy did both our ceremony music as well as the reception. The ceremony was live music and was just beautiful. Everyone loved it. At the reception, Jeremy played all the right songs. He had everyone out of their seats dancing all night. Both young and old had a blast! We didn’t want the night to end!!

Sent on 08/18/2019