83 Reviews for OUTER BANKS MUSIC MASTERS

Uplighting (4)
One Event Per Day (3)
Liability Insurance (1)
83 OUTER BANKS MUSIC MASTERS Reviews

Matt from Outer Banks Music Masters is not only a fantastic DJ but also an overall good guy! We hired Matt to do our ceremony music and DJ during our cocktail hour and reception. He made our night! During the wedding planning process, Matt and I emailed about the requested songs from guests and the songs that went with the important moments (ex: cake cutting, first dance) that he would incorporate throughout the night. Matt was also given the wedding day timeline in advance and everything went so smoothly the day of the wedding. We couldn’t have asked for a better DJ so we highly recommend using Outer Bank Music Masters for your big day!

Profile Picture Jennifer, 12/22/17, 6 Reviews
Services Used: MC, One Event Per Day, Microphones

We are more than thrilled with our DJ choice with Outer Banks Music Masters! Matt was very responsive and easy to work with. People are still talking about how awesome our playlist was. Also, I booked at the expo and he was offering a choice of $200 off or free uplighting. My original thought was to go for the discount, but I am SO glad I went for the uplighting! It made our reception lighting amazing and so romantic and fun. It set the perfect tone for an awesome night!

Profile Picture Lindsey, 11/18/17, 5 Reviews
Services Used: Consultation, Do-Not-Play List, Microphones, Uplighting

Matt was absolutely fantastic to work with. He met with my husband and I before the wedding to get to know us and what we liked to listen to. We emailed back and forth several times about different things I wanted and things he needed to know. Matt responded back quickly to all my emails. Then we arrived in the Outer Banks, he set another meeting to go over final details and to make sure he knew how to pronounce everyone's names in the wedding party. Everyone I talked to after the wedding told me the music was fantastic and that they had a blast! I highly recommend Outer Banks Music Masters

Profile Picture Christie , 10/21/17, 6 Reviews
Category: DJ
Services Used: Consultation, MC, One Event Per Day, Microphones, Sound/PA System, Uplighting

Matt did an incredible job. He was extremely communicative and reliable. Very professional and also a lot of fun. Did a great job reading the crowd and keeping the party going! We would recommend him to anyone looking for a DJ!

Profile Picture Eric, 10/8/17, 1 Review
Category: DJ

Johnny DJ’d my wedding in October 2017 and did a great job! He had everyone dancing all night. I highly recommend Outer Banks Music Masters- highly professional, responsive, and overall great services.

Profile Picture Shaunte , 10/6/17, 4 Reviews
Category: DJ

Matt was awesome! He was very professional and accommodating, and really knew how to get the crowd dancing!

View Vendor Response
Profile Picture Keaten, 9/30/17, 5 Reviews
Category: DJ

Matt was great to work with! He was very responsive to emails and allowed us to pick out some of our favorite songs to play during the reception. The guests all commented on how great the music was and how they wanted to dance all night. He did an awesome job and I HIGHLY recommend having him DJ your next event!!

Profile Picture Jenna, 9/16/17, 2 Reviews
Category: DJ

We were married in the Outer Banks in August 2017. My now husband and I live in Pennsylvania and Matt made it so easy for us to communicate! It was obvious that Matt listened and cared about making our day as special as we invisioned it to be! Every moment was incredible and Matt was a big part of that! The music, announcements, timing, etc can make or break your wedding day, and Matt help make our day perfect! Thank you again, Matt, for everything!
Kathleen & Tony B

Photo for OUTER BANKS MUSIC MASTERS Review - The Mr and Mrs!
Photo for OUTER BANKS MUSIC MASTERS Review - Bride and Groom entrance
Photo for OUTER BANKS MUSIC MASTERS Review - Toast time!
Photo for OUTER BANKS MUSIC MASTERS Review - Bride and Groom first dance
Photo for OUTER BANKS MUSIC MASTERS Review - Bride and Brother first dance
Photos
Photo for OUTER BANKS MUSIC MASTERS Review - Bride and Father-in-law first dance
Photo for OUTER BANKS MUSIC MASTERS Review - Bride and Brother first dance
Profile Picture Kathleen, 8/17/17, 1 Review
Services Used: Consultation, Do-Not-Play List, Microphones, Sound/PA System

Matt from OBMM was wonderful throughout the whole process from booking him to thanking him at the end of our wedding day. We really appreciated Matt's flexibility when the weather didn't cooperate with the timing of our beach wedding. We pushed back our ceremony time a half hour and Matt provided music and entertainment to our guests while everyone waited. We provided Matt with only a general theme of the music we wanted and he hit it right on throughout the entire evening with exactly what we wanted. Matt was so easy to work with and did a fantastic job! Thanks Matt!

Profile Picture Cory, 5/28/17, 1 Review
Category: DJ

Johnny was outstanding for our reception, and was one decision that we couldn't have been happier with. Matt was so easy to work with during the planning process, and both were absolute professionals throughout. Johnny was in communication with us throughout the night to make sure we had the songs played that we wanted, and to make sure that everyone was having a great time. He has an excellent feel for a crowd, as our dance floor was full most of the evening. Even when we had to move Johnny under the tent due to the threat of rain, he worked with us to do so while we did our sparkler sendoff to not interrupt the flow. We've received nothing but compliments on how excellent he was, and we can't thank you enough for helping make our night unforgettable.

Sincerely,
Thomas and Maura

Profile Picture Thomas, 5/27/17, 1 Review
Category: DJ

Matt from OBMM was terrific and went above and beyond! He was easy to work with and extremely flexible. He played a wide range of music, but was more than accommodating for our playlist requests. Matt had everyone dancing (and jumping) the entire time and we received many compliments on the music choices. We couldn't have been happier to work with Matt and would highly recommend him if you're searching for a DJ. Thank you, thank you!

Profile Picture Meghan, 5/26/17, 5 Reviews
Category: DJ
Services Used: Consultation, Do-Not-Play List, Liability Insurance, MC, One Event Per Day, Microphones, Sound/PA System

Matt kept us on our feet all night! When we said we wanted to dance, he did not disappoint! He played such a great mix of songs and read the crowd perfectly. Matt checked in with us a few times during the reception and made sure we were ok with everything. He kept the party moving and everyone had a blast! We appreciate the time he put in and the kindness he showed! You rock! Nanci & Greg

Profile Picture Nanci, 3/11/17, 5 Reviews
Category: DJ

Matt was absolutely amazing to work with!! He understood or likes and dislikes as well as or vision for the wedding music. He was fun & our guests danced the entire night! I would definitely recommend him first to any bride getting married in obx!! So glad we had the opportunity to work with him!

Profile Picture Abbey, 10/29/16, 6 Reviews
Category: DJ

Matt Cooper from OBX Music Masters exceeded what one would typically expect from a wedding DJ. He was super easy to work with and was attentive to our reception's vibe. Our dance floor was full all night and Matt had a lot to do with it. We had provided Matt with a list of songs to play from ceremony music to cocktail hour music to reception music but also instructed him to take song requests for the guests. Matt went above and beyond the call of the duty when we had a major slip up in having someone pick up the flowers and desserts in Kill Devil Hills the morning of the wedding. This was a 45-minute drive from our venue one way. On the day of the wedding, our wedding planner reached out to the DJ (without any of us knowing) to ask if he could pick them up on the way from the mainland. We had received the news just a few hours before the wedding that it is taken care of but we had no idea who was taking care of it. Matt Cooper came to our rescue and picked all of it up for us. He really didn't have to do that for us and it was really touching to see someone who you had just met care so much. Thank you Matt for saving us!!! You are the best and wish you many more happy years doing what you love!

Profile Picture Melissa, 10/14/16, 4 Reviews
Category: DJ

I will just lay out the fact which I think will show how great Matt and Johnny are! Our wedding was scheduled for Oct 9th in Kill Devils hill at 5pm. Hurricane Matthew decided to crash the wedding that morning!! 1st - All week while other vendors called to either try to get us to reschedule, or 2 - Tell us flat out that they will not refund money if the place issues a evac, Matt called many times to gather our thinking. To tell me that they will be there on that day, or any day that week we reschedule, and if disaster happens and we just cant get it done, he will send us a full refund. The morning off the wedding (Which was to be in a beach house) although we had no power and some localized flooding - we still were going to go on. As vendor after vendor called to cancel, as family and friends couldnt make it, then the city issues a 7pm Curfew - Matt and Johnny's message was the same "We will be there whenever...". Having secured food and having a house full of people, we decided to go with the party / reception anyway. When I called to ask how long their battery pack would last, they responded with "We got a generator... See you tonight". They both showed up at the house -We hooked the generator up and we had lights and music and had the full reception (With our play list, first dance, etc...) in the middle of the hurricane with no power in the house!). These guys single handily saved the night!

Profile Picture User7320619, 1+ year ago, 1 Review
Category: DJ

Matt was seriously the best wedding DJ I've ever experienced. He was so accommodating throughout the whole planning process and put his own creative spin on the "musical vibe" that my husband and I provided to him. I can't even count all the compliments that we got from our guests who claimed that we had "the best music ever!" because Matt designed such a diverse set of songs for our cocktail hour and reception. He managed to play crowd favorites while making everyone happy and keeping the party going. And not to mention he's very laid-back and easy to work with. We HIGHLY recommend his services!!!

Profile Picture Molly, 9/24/16, 4 Reviews
Category: DJ

Matt exceeded every expectation of music on our wedding day. He was incredibly easy to work with, played the music we wanted to hear and made sure we had an awesome dance party! I would absolutely recommend Matt to anyone looking for a great, professional and fun DJ!

View Vendor Response
Profile Picture Julie, 9/16/16, 2 Reviews
Services Used: Microphones, Sound/PA System, MC

I needed to take the time to give Johnny a huge thank you for the great job he did as our DJ for my son's reception at the Hatteras Civic Center on Monday, August 8th, 2016. He kept our guests dancing the entire evening and he didn't miss a beat. Right song choices and just a great voice (if I am being honest) when he made the needed announcements and introductions. He was there early, dressed up, and stayed until the agreed time.

Happy Mother of the Groom

Profile Picture Hope, 8/8/16, 1 Review
Category: DJ

Matt was the DJ for our August 8th wedding at the NC aquarium and we were so very pleased. He was easy to work with both ahead of time and during the wedding. He honored our requests, checked in with us, and did a great job of reading the crowd. As an added bonus, he is very reasonably priced!

Profile Picture Jodi, 8/8/16, 9 Reviews
Category: DJ

Matt was the perfect addition to our wedding! During the planning process, Matt was always quickly responding to emails and phone calls. He helped us plan all of our music from the ceremony, announcement songs, cocktail hour, dinner, and the reception. We had very specific song requests, and he happily played all of them! There was a thunderstorm in the middle of dinner, and Matt was able to accommodate and keep the party alive. He was open to all of our guests' requests and kept everyone on the dance floor all night long! We could not have been more happy to have such a fun and friendly DJ! Thanks, Matt!

Profile Picture Megan, 7/8/16, 3 Reviews
Services Used: Microphones, Sound/PA System

He went above and beyond! Even with setting up outside and then having to move inside because of weather he never missed a beat. Thanks to him he was able to help with timing and order of things. It made everything go off smoothly!

Profile Picture Brooks, 5/29/16, 5 Reviews
Services Used: Microphones, Sound/PA System, Consultation, Do-Not-Play List, MC

Matt is awesome! I have never seen so many people out on the dance floor. He had just the right mix to get all ages up and dancing! Thanks Matt so very much for providing the playlist to our most special day!

Profile Picture Brittany, 5/14/16, 5 Reviews
Category: DJ

We booked Matt for our wedding in the 4x4 area of the Outer Banks, and he was absolutely wonderful!! He played exactly the music that we wanted played for every part of our wedding ceremony - the cocktail hour, dinner, cake cutting, first dances, etc. He even checked in with my now husband and I several times to ensure that the music volume was what we wanted. And he was so great to all of our wedding guests - he was more than happy to accommodate any requests that people had for music during the reception! We highly recommend Matt Cooper - he was wonderful!!

Profile Picture Theresa, 5/7/16, 10 Reviews
Services Used: Consultation, MC, Microphones, Sound/PA System

Matt was awesome. He played all the right songs at all the right times, played every song requested, played to the crowd to keep the mood going just how it should as the evening progressed. I even had him stay an extra hour to keep the party going, it was such a good time! I wouldn't suggest anyone other than Matt for a classy, fun, amazing event. He kept in touch with me throughout the evening to be sure things were going smoothly, and there's not a thing I would've changed. I even want a play list of the evening to play at my leisure :)

Profile Picture Lisa, 10/17/15, 2 Reviews