OUTER BANKS MUSIC MASTERS Reviews

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2013 Winner
  • WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2012 Winner
  • WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2011 Winner

Chelsea Married on 06/26/2021
    Matt Cooper is an awesome DJ! He played everything we wanted and more. He was kind to our guests that made requests and made sure they heard their song. He did a wonderful job with all of the announcements and made sure we were happy throughout the night.
    Dan J. Married on 10/08/2019

Easy to work with.

They did a great job keeping the music flowing and were very easy to work with.
  • Tracy
    Tracy Married on 09/14/2019
    Johnny did an amazing job playing all the music we requested - he was quick with set up and played music during the dinner. Since we were from out of town we were very specific with what we wanted and he was right on point... we would use them again in a heartbeat!!! Thank you Outer Banks Music Masters!!!!
  • Kelly
    Kelly G. Married on 08/23/2019

Dancing machines!

Matt did an awesome job DJ'ing out wedding a the Black Stallion Friday. He was very flexible for some storms that rolled in and we didn't have to worry about a thing! His song choices were awesome and got everyone dancing ALL night, he had great recommendations for cake cutting, announcement, and other events that needed a song. Would absolutely recommend him for any event!!
    Jan S. Married on 06/12/2019

Great job at our Kill Devil Hills wedding

We met Matt at the expo and hired him that day. Planning was easy and he did a really good job reading the crowd and keeping everyone happy.
    Lacey Married on 05/18/2019

Alec is the bomb!

We hired this company from 8.5 hours away hoping they would work for our backyard beach wedding. They exceeded or expectations. Matt was super friendly and easy to book with. Our DJ Alec had evvvvveryone at our wedding dancing and was super friendly and open to requests all night. We loved having him there, he made it so fun!
  • Caroline
    Caroline C. Married on 05/11/2019

Fun and professional!

Matt was the perfect DJ for our wedding! He played all of the music we loved and also did a flawless introduction of the bridal party! He's fun and professional, and our day would not have been the same without him. I highly recommend Outer Banks Music Masters for your wedding!
  • Jenna
    Jenna G. Married on 05/10/2019

Outer Banks Music Masters are Fantastic DJs!!!!!

My husband and I booked Outer Banks Music Masters for our wedding ceremony and reception and we were so beyond pleased with them! First of all, Matt was amazing to work with throughout the planning process. He was prompt, professional, and creative. I had a couple ideas for song mash ups, and he helped me create them, no problem at all! Second of all, the music Johnny played for the reception had our guests up and dancing all night long! We had the best time dancing at our wedding! I would highly recommend Outer Banks Music Masters to anyone planning a wedding or a party!
    Photos included in this post are by Jason Denson.

OUTER BANKS MUSIC MASTERS's reply:

Thanks Jenna, I'm glad we were able to help make your big day memorable. I had fun being part of the planning and ceremony, and Johnny said the party was rocking.
  • Mike
    Mike Z. Married on 10/03/2018

Great wedding dj and a great value

Matt Cooper was the ideal DJ for our wedding! He was easy to work with and custom tailored the playlist to be exactly what we wanted. Needless to say the dancefloor was packed all night!
    Cameron Married on 09/29/2018

Dance Party of the Century

Matt was the perfect DJ. He was great to work with and listened to our requests and executed them flawlessly. Our guests danced throughout the whole reception and the pavilion was bouncing (literally). We could not have asked for a better experience!!
    Christine N. Married on 09/28/2018

very helpful and good dj

We were a little nervous about planning a wedding from out of town but Matt and Johnny made it easy. Matt helped us through the planning and Johnny was the dj at our reception. He did a good job of getting people moving and having fun.
    Mikaela Married on 08/04/2018
    Matt made this insanely easy. We appreciate it more than we could possibly say. Our wedding was just two days ago and I still have music stuck in my head- I was worried because it was a small wedding, but everyone was on their feet and dancing all night long. Matt took our ideas and went with it and made an absolutely perfect blend of songs that matched us and what we wanted. Highly recommend.
    Kylie Married on 07/19/2018
    Matt from OBMM was absolutely amazing! I have been to weddings where the music is not fit for the atmosphere and the people attending, and I didn't have to worry about that with Matt. He asked ahead of time for some music recommendations that I would want played and he took it from there. The music played during dinner before everyone was up and dancing was absolutely perfect. It was very "beachy" and relaxed, it was absolutely perfect! After dinner everyone immediately got up to dance. Matt and his team definitely know how to keep everyone on the dance floor! Thank you so much, I couldn't have imagined the night going any different, it was a party to remember!

Kylie & Jordan
    Sandy S. Married on 07/06/2018

really good DJ

Matt played good music. We got a lot of compliments from our guests. He was easy to work with.
    Stacey Married on 05/11/2018

Johnny did a great job

Johnny was our dj and did a great job. We gave him a few songs we really wanted to hear and he did a good job picking music that pleased everyone. Our guests had a great time.
    Jaime Married on 04/28/2018
    Matt was the perfect wedding DJ! I expected to hire a DJ and then have to give them a list of songs that I wanted to be played. But he suggested the exact opposite. He told us just to give him an idea of what types of music we'd like to hear and he took it from there, which took a lot of stress off my plate. He did the music for my ceremony as well which went off without a hitch. I wanted to have karaoke at our rehearsal dinner, so I asked him if he knew anyone and he got me in touch with a colleague of his that did a FANTASTIC job!
    He was so professional, took requests from my guests and when a guest that was having a little too much fun asked to make a toast, he first went to my wedding planner to check with me before allowing her to do anything which I REALLY appreciated!! The music was perfectly suited for our group and the dance floor was full all night long! :)
    Kristin Married on 04/26/2018
    My husband and I loved working with Matt Cooper from OBMM!!! We knew we wanted Matt to be our DJ from the moment we first met him when he asked us what concerts we had recently been to. We loved that he was intuitive and a good listener and understood that the music for our wedding should be as customized as the ceremony or the cake or the flowers. He is incredibly responsive and super flexible, especially with some of our (last minute) changes!! He kept the dance floor full all night long - the sure sign of a good party. Thank you, Matt, for making our wedding so special and so much fun!!!
    Jennifer Married on 12/22/2017
    Matt from Outer Banks Music Masters is not only a fantastic DJ but also an overall good guy! We hired Matt to do our ceremony music and DJ during our cocktail hour and reception. He made our night! During the wedding planning process, Matt and I emailed about the requested songs from guests and the songs that went with the important moments (ex: cake cutting, first dance) that he would incorporate throughout the night. Matt was also given the wedding day timeline in advance and everything went so smoothly the day of the wedding. We couldn’t have asked for a better DJ so we highly recommend using Outer Bank Music Masters for your big day!
    Lindsey Married on 11/18/2017
    We are more than thrilled with our DJ choice with Outer Banks Music Masters! Matt was very responsive and easy to work with. People are still talking about how awesome our playlist was. Also, I booked at the expo and he was offering a choice of $200 off or free uplighting. My original thought was to go for the discount, but I am SO glad I went for the uplighting! It made our reception lighting amazing and so romantic and fun. It set the perfect tone for an awesome night!
    Christie Married on 10/21/2017
    Matt was absolutely fantastic to work with. He met with my husband and I before the wedding to get to know us and what we liked to listen to. We emailed back and forth several times about different things I wanted and things he needed to know. Matt responded back quickly to all my emails. Then we arrived in the Outer Banks, he set another meeting to go over final details and to make sure he knew how to pronounce everyone's names in the wedding party. Everyone I talked to after the wedding told me the music was fantastic and that they had a blast! I highly recommend Outer Banks Music Masters
    Eric Married on 10/08/2017
    Matt did an incredible job. He was extremely communicative and reliable. Very professional and also a lot of fun. Did a great job reading the crowd and keeping the party going! We would recommend him to anyone looking for a DJ!
    Shaunte Married on 10/06/2017
    Johnny DJ’d my wedding in October 2017 and did a great job! He had everyone dancing all night. I highly recommend Outer Banks Music Masters- highly professional, responsive, and overall great services.
    Keaten Married on 09/30/2017
    Matt was awesome! He was very professional and accommodating, and really knew how to get the crowd dancing!

OUTER BANKS MUSIC MASTERS's reply:

Hey Keaten,

I was happy to be part of your big day. What a party!
    Jenna Married on 09/16/2017
    Matt was great to work with! He was very responsive to emails and allowed us to pick out some of our favorite songs to play during the reception. The guests all commented on how great the music was and how they wanted to dance all night. He did an awesome job and I HIGHLY recommend having him DJ your next event!!
    Kathleen Married on 08/17/2017
    We were married in the Outer Banks in August 2017. My now husband and I live in Pennsylvania and Matt made it so easy for us to communicate! It was obvious that Matt listened and cared about making our day as special as we invisioned it to be! Every moment was incredible and Matt was a big part of that! The music, announcements, timing, etc can make or break your wedding day, and Matt help make our day perfect! Thank you again, Matt, for everything!
    Kathleen & Tony B