OUTER BANKS MUSIC MASTERS Reviews

OUTER BANKS MUSIC MASTERS 6
OUTER BANKS MUSIC MASTERS 7

Lacey · Married on 05/18/2019

Alec is the bomb!

We hired this company from 8.5 hours away hoping they would work for our backyard beach wedding. They exceeded or expectations. Matt was super friendly and easy to book with. Our DJ Alec had evvvvveryone at our wedding dancing and was super friendly and open to requests all night. We loved having him there, he made it so fun!

Sent on 05/23/2019
  • Caroline

Caroline Coleburn · Married on 05/11/2019

Fun and professional!

Matt was the perfect DJ for our wedding! He played all of the music we loved and also did a flawless introduction of the bridal party! He's fun and professional, and our day would not have been the same without him. I highly recommend Outer Banks Music Masters for your wedding!

Sent on 05/22/2019

Cameron · Married on 09/29/2018

Dance Party of the Century

Matt was the perfect DJ. He was great to work with and listened to our requests and executed them flawlessly. Our guests danced throughout the whole reception and the pavilion was bouncing (literally). We could not have asked for a better experience!!

Sent on 10/31/2018
    OUTER BANKS MUSIC MASTERS 8

Christine Newsome · Married on 09/28/2018

very helpful and good dj

We were a little nervous about planning a wedding from out of town but Matt and Johnny made it easy. Matt helped us through the planning and Johnny was the dj at our reception. He did a good job of getting people moving and having fun.

Sent on 10/19/2018

Mikaela · Married on 08/04/2018

Matt made this insanely easy. We appreciate it more than we could possibly say. Our wedding was just two days ago and I still have music stuck in my head- I was worried because it was a small wedding, but everyone was on their feet and dancing all night long. Matt took our ideas and went with it and made an absolutely perfect blend of songs that matched us and what we wanted. Highly recommend.

Sent on 08/06/2018

Kylie · Married on 07/19/2018

Matt from OBMM was absolutely amazing! I have been to weddings where the music is not fit for the atmosphere and the people attending, and I didn't have to worry about that with Matt. He asked ahead of time for some music recommendations that I would want played and he took it from there. The music played during dinner before everyone was up and dancing was absolutely perfect. It was very "beachy" and relaxed, it was absolutely perfect! After dinner everyone immediately got up to dance. Matt and his team definitely know how to keep everyone on the dance floor! Thank you so much, I couldn't have imagined the night going any different, it was a party to remember!

Kylie & Jordan

Sent on 07/30/2018

Sandy Smith · Married on 07/06/2018

really good DJ

Matt played good music. We got a lot of compliments from our guests. He was easy to work with.

Sent on 10/15/2018

Stacey L · Married on 05/11/2018

Johnny did a great job

Johnny was our dj and did a great job. We gave him a few songs we really wanted to hear and he did a good job picking music that pleased everyone. Our guests had a great time.

Sent on 10/22/2018

Jaime · Married on 04/28/2018

Matt was the perfect wedding DJ! I expected to hire a DJ and then have to give them a list of songs that I wanted to be played. But he suggested the exact opposite. He told us just to give him an idea of what types of music we'd like to hear and he took it from there, which took a lot of stress off my plate. He did the music for my ceremony as well which went off without a hitch. I wanted to have karaoke at our rehearsal dinner, so I asked him if he knew anyone and he got me in touch with a colleague of his that did a FANTASTIC job!
    He was so professional, took requests from my guests and when a guest that was having a little too much fun asked to make a toast, he first went to my wedding planner to check with me before allowing her to do anything which I REALLY appreciated!! The music was perfectly suited for our group and the dance floor was full all night long! :)

Sent on 07/16/2018

Kristin · Married on 04/26/2018

My husband and I loved working with Matt Cooper from OBMM!!! We knew we wanted Matt to be our DJ from the moment we first met him when he asked us what concerts we had recently been to. We loved that he was intuitive and a good listener and understood that the music for our wedding should be as customized as the ceremony or the cake or the flowers. He is incredibly responsive and super flexible, especially with some of our (last minute) changes!! He kept the dance floor full all night long - the sure sign of a good party. Thank you, Matt, for making our wedding so special and so much fun!!!

Sent on 05/13/2018

Jennifer · Married on 12/22/2017

Matt from Outer Banks Music Masters is not only a fantastic DJ but also an overall good guy! We hired Matt to do our ceremony music and DJ during our cocktail hour and reception. He made our night! During the wedding planning process, Matt and I emailed about the requested songs from guests and the songs that went with the important moments (ex: cake cutting, first dance) that he would incorporate throughout the night. Matt was also given the wedding day timeline in advance and everything went so smoothly the day of the wedding. We couldn’t have asked for a better DJ so we highly recommend using Outer Bank Music Masters for your big day!

Sent on 01/07/2018

Lindsey · Married on 11/18/2017

We are more than thrilled with our DJ choice with Outer Banks Music Masters! Matt was very responsive and easy to work with. People are still talking about how awesome our playlist was. Also, I booked at the expo and he was offering a choice of $200 off or free uplighting. My original thought was to go for the discount, but I am SO glad I went for the uplighting! It made our reception lighting amazing and so romantic and fun. It set the perfect tone for an awesome night!

Sent on 12/12/2017

Christie · Married on 10/21/2017

Matt was absolutely fantastic to work with. He met with my husband and I before the wedding to get to know us and what we liked to listen to. We emailed back and forth several times about different things I wanted and things he needed to know. Matt responded back quickly to all my emails. Then we arrived in the Outer Banks, he set another meeting to go over final details and to make sure he knew how to pronounce everyone's names in the wedding party. Everyone I talked to after the wedding told me the music was fantastic and that they had a blast! I highly recommend Outer Banks Music Masters

Sent on 01/11/2018

Eric · Married on 10/08/2017

Matt did an incredible job. He was extremely communicative and reliable. Very professional and also a lot of fun. Did a great job reading the crowd and keeping the party going! We would recommend him to anyone looking for a DJ!

Sent on 10/17/2017

Shaunte · Married on 10/06/2017

Johnny DJ’d my wedding in October 2017 and did a great job! He had everyone dancing all night. I highly recommend Outer Banks Music Masters- highly professional, responsive, and overall great services.

Sent on 10/16/2017

Keaten · Married on 09/30/2017

Matt was awesome! He was very professional and accommodating, and really knew how to get the crowd dancing!

Sent on 10/23/2017

OUTER BANKS MUSIC MASTERS's reply:

Hey Keaten,

I was happy to be part of your big day. What a party!

Jenna · Married on 09/16/2017

Matt was great to work with! He was very responsive to emails and allowed us to pick out some of our favorite songs to play during the reception. The guests all commented on how great the music was and how they wanted to dance all night. He did an awesome job and I HIGHLY recommend having him DJ your next event!!

Sent on 10/06/2017

Kathleen · Married on 08/17/2017

We were married in the Outer Banks in August 2017. My now husband and I live in Pennsylvania and Matt made it so easy for us to communicate! It was obvious that Matt listened and cared about making our day as special as we invisioned it to be! Every moment was incredible and Matt was a big part of that! The music, announcements, timing, etc can make or break your wedding day, and Matt help make our day perfect! Thank you again, Matt, for everything!
    Kathleen & Tony B

OUTER BANKS MUSIC MASTERS 15
    OUTER BANKS MUSIC MASTERS 16
    OUTER BANKS MUSIC MASTERS 17

Cory · Married on 05/28/2017

Matt from OBMM was wonderful throughout the whole process from booking him to thanking him at the end of our wedding day. We really appreciated Matt's flexibility when the weather didn't cooperate with the timing of our beach wedding. We pushed back our ceremony time a half hour and Matt provided music and entertainment to our guests while everyone waited. We provided Matt with only a general theme of the music we wanted and he hit it right on throughout the entire evening with exactly what we wanted. Matt was so easy to work with and did a fantastic job! Thanks Matt!

Sent on 07/17/2017

Thomas · Married on 05/27/2017

Johnny was outstanding for our reception, and was one decision that we couldn't have been happier with. Matt was so easy to work with during the planning process, and both were absolute professionals throughout. Johnny was in communication with us throughout the night to make sure we had the songs played that we wanted, and to make sure that everyone was having a great time. He has an excellent feel for a crowd, as our dance floor was full most of the evening. Even when we had to move Johnny under the tent due to the threat of rain, he worked with us to do so while we did our sparkler sendoff to not interrupt the flow. We've received nothing but compliments on how excellent he was, and we can't thank you enough for helping make our night unforgettable.

Sincerely,
    Thomas and Maura

Sent on 06/13/2017

Meghan · Married on 05/26/2017

Matt from OBMM was terrific and went above and beyond! He was easy to work with and extremely flexible. He played a wide range of music, but was more than accommodating for our playlist requests. Matt had everyone dancing (and jumping) the entire time and we received many compliments on the music choices. We couldn't have been happier to work with Matt and would highly recommend him if you're searching for a DJ. Thank you, thank you!

Sent on 06/14/2017

Nanci · Married on 03/11/2017

Matt kept us on our feet all night! When we said we wanted to dance, he did not disappoint! He played such a great mix of songs and read the crowd perfectly. Matt checked in with us a few times during the reception and made sure we were ok with everything. He kept the party moving and everyone had a blast! We appreciate the time he put in and the kindness he showed! You rock! Nanci & Greg

Sent on 03/16/2017

Abbey · Married on 10/29/2016

Matt was absolutely amazing to work with!! He understood or likes and dislikes as well as or vision for the wedding music. He was fun & our guests danced the entire night! I would definitely recommend him first to any bride getting married in obx!! So glad we had the opportunity to work with him!

Sent on 11/05/2016

Melissa · Married on 10/14/2016

Matt Cooper from OBX Music Masters exceeded what one would typically expect from a wedding DJ. He was super easy to work with and was attentive to our reception's vibe. Our dance floor was full all night and Matt had a lot to do with it. We had provided Matt with a list of songs to play from ceremony music to cocktail hour music to reception music but also instructed him to take song requests for the guests. Matt went above and beyond the call of the duty when we had a major slip up in having someone pick up the flowers and desserts in Kill Devil Hills the morning of the wedding. This was a 45-minute drive from our venue one way. On the day of the wedding, our wedding planner reached out to the DJ (without any of us knowing) to ask if he could pick them up on the way from the mainland. We had received the news just a few hours before the wedding that it is taken care of but we had no idea who was taking care of it. Matt Cooper came to our rescue and picked all of it up for us. He really didn't have to do that for us and it was really touching to see someone who you had just met care so much. Thank you Matt for saving us!!! You are the best and wish you many more happy years doing what you love!

Sent on 11/19/2016