Out of Twig Reviews

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2020 Winner
  • WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2019 Winner

Danielle B. Married on 10/28/2020

Karissa is the best!

Karissa captured both our engagement and elopement photos in Southwest VA and we could not have been happier to work with her twice! She makes you feel comfortable and supported as a client, no matter the location! We originally planned to take engagement photos at Raven’s Roost Overlook but an ice storm shut down the Blue Ridge Parkway as we were en route. Thanks to Karissa’s quick thinking, she suggested we meet her down the mountain at a campground next to Devil’s Backbone Basecamp to take photos. We were so impressed with her professionalism and creativity that we knew we would love to work with her for our future ceremony. Fortunately, we were able to host our elopement ceremony at Raven’s Roost Overlook in October 2020 and Karissa was there to capture it all. Her photography style is natural and a little moody which I love! You never have to think about how to pose or where to direct your attention because she is always ready to direct you and create space for you to just be yourself. She is a genuinely kind and engaging person which makes taking lots of photos even more enjoyable. The turn around time and pricing for all of our sessions were on par with the quality of all of our photos. I would absolutely hire her again to capture a special moment in my life. Karissa- you are so talented and wonderful. Thank you!

Out of Twig's reply:

Ahh! Happy New Year to you both and I had so much fun working with you and being present for your special moments. It was truly my pleasure, all the best for your 2021 adventures. Hope our paths meet again in the future! :)
    Gustavo P. Married on 10/11/2020

Amazing Engagement Photoshoot

Karissa is AMAZING!!!

My fiancee and I skew towards more awkward. However, Karissa did an amazing job of quickly making us feel comfortable with the engagement photoshoot and capturing beautiful moments that we cherish.

Out of Twig's reply:

Hi! It was really great working with you both so far; thank you so much! I'm so looking forward to your wedding day!!
    Candace Married on 04/11/2020

Beautiful, intimate photography

Working with Karissa is amazing - she shot our engagement photos that we used for our save the date cards and our elopement photos. Karissa's photography is incredibly beautiful; we were blown away by the emotion she was able to capture in our pictures and how comfortable in front of the camera she made us feel. Karissa is also extremely fun and kind - she worked around our crazy schedules for our shoots and always had fun, creative ideas for poses. Working with Karissa truly felt like working with a friend; we would recommend her to any couple looking for an amazing photographer who is able to capture sweet, intimate moments!!!!

Out of Twig's reply:

Thank you Candace! I very much enjoyed both sessions with you guys! Your elopement was so sweet and special! Thank you and Kish for being so awesome to work with! :)
  • Callie
    Callie O. Married on 12/19/2019

Amazing experience!!

Karissa was amazing!! She was so personable and so easy to get to know! She fit right in with our family and we were so happy with the pictures she took! Would definitely recommend her to anyone I know!

Out of Twig's reply:

Thank you Callie! What a beautiful day, it was my pleasure to be part of your wedding. :) With a great view of the city to boot!
    Paige Married on 12/14/2019

The BEST Photographer!

Karissa not only takes gorgeous photos but she is amazing to work with! She was very professional, sweet and easy to get in touch with. I always felt comfortable with her and she is very flexible in terms of dates, payments, etc.

She did our engagement shoot & the wedding and the photos are beautiful! Thank you Karissa & Jeremy! :)

Out of Twig's reply:

I loved loved loved your wedding and working you both. Thank you, Paige and Mark, for the kind review!
  • Lindsey
    Lindsey Married on 09/21/2019

Karissa makes it feel effortless.

From the first e-mail with Karissa she made it so we never had to worry. I always knew our photography was taken care of. She was laid back and easy-going, making it feel like you had known her for years. I worried that our DIY wedding that ended up happening on a day full
    of downpours would make it difficult to capture the little moments and details. Karissa exceeded my expectations in every way. Nothing was missed.

Out of Twig's reply:

Lindsey, thank you for your kinds words. I loved being part of your beautiful day and meeting the sweet people who love you both! Congrats!
    Abby Married on 07/20/2019

Karissa is amazing!

We absolutely love our engagement photos! My fiancé doesn’t love having his picture taken, but Karissa had a calming presence which made the whole experience enjoyable for us. She was also super flexible timing wise, as we were scheduled in the spring. We got our photos in a very timely fashion and they are beautiful!! Thank you, Karissa.

Out of Twig's reply:

Thank you Abby!! :) You and Ryan were a joy to hang out with. Also loved meeting your pup! :) It was worth the wait for a spring bloom in Williamsburg and so happy you suggested it!
  • Colleen
    Colleen H. Married on 05/10/2019

Beautiful photographer!

My husband and I got married this October and we are so delighted with our wedding photos! Karissa was able to capture such incredible moments that we will cherish forever. The quality of the photos is amazing and we loved her ability to capture both candid and posed photos. I would absolutely recommend her!!

Out of Twig's reply:

Cliff and Colleen, it was my pleasure ~ thank you guys for being incredible people! I wish you all the best in your life and marriage.
  • Lindsey
    Lindsey Married on 01/19/2019

Wedding Photography

Out of Twig did both of our engagement and wedding photos! I couldn't have been happier with the quality and style of her photography! Everything was taken care of and perfect. She captured every single important moment for me, even the ones I didn't know to ask for! She was so professional and kind as well. It made the day easy to remember. Everything was so beautiful!

Out of Twig's reply:

Aw, Lindsey! I enjoyed your wedding day very much, you and Cole are so kind! :) So glad you love and are enjoying the photos! Thank you! - Karissa
    Cole B. Married on 01/19/2019

Excellent Wedding Photos (Professional and Stress-Free!)

Karissa is professional and communicative, and her photos are excellent! We have worked with her for an engagement shoot and our wedding. She put us at ease before the wedding and helped us work through a list of shots we wanted. During the ceremony and after, she and her second photographer were never in the way and managed to capture every shot we wanted and many that we didn't know we wanted! She worked in creative ways with the spaces we had to get shots that maximized the beauty of the architecture and made us look good in the process. We are extremely happy with the service we received and the quality of the final product. Working with Karissa was a stress-free experience, and we highly recommend Out of Twig photography!

Out of Twig's reply:

Thank you, Cole! You both were amazing and being a part of your wedding day was very special. Thank you for your kind words and I hope to be there for any future photo needs. ;) - Karissa
  • Amy
    Amy Married on 09/23/2018

Truly Beautiful Photos

Karissa (and Alex) were such a great photography team during our wedding, my husband and I have yet to stop talking about it and it's been over a month. We met Karissa a few months before the wedding when we had our engagement shoot (highly recommend doing this!) and we knew immediately that we were going to love her. Our engagement photos were such an awesome sneak peak of what we'd get at the wedding we couldn't wait! We had a list of photos that we 100% wanted her to take at the wedding and she made sure that it happened and that we were happy with our photos. They turned out amazing and she had them ready for us in only a month-separated into groups based on type and everything! One of the things we loved is how stealthy her and Alex were: when we were viewing the reception photos we had no idea that they were even there to capture those moments-they were sneaky and not distracting which was great! One thing I would recommend is having them come a little bit earlier than we did (about 2 hours before wedding) so you can get more getting ready shots/shots with bridesmaids/groomsmen and don't feel rushed. That's my only complaint of the day and we still got plenty with our time especially because she made sure we had enough time to get our photos after the wedding and made us feel comfortable and not rushed.

Out of Twig's reply:

Thanks Amy & Taylor! It was a pleasure being a part of your engagement and your wedding day. You were both troopers considering it was a very rainy day, and I'm so glad it let up enough for us to grab photos outside. Also, what a great dance party! :) - Karissa
    Rebecca Married on 09/15/2018

Amazing Experience!

From the initial contact to our wedding pictures delivered to our inbox, Karissa was amazing to work with! We absolutely loved how our engagement photographs and wedding pictures turned out - She has such a unique style and takes such genuine photographs! She captured all of our happy moments so well and made us feel so comfortable throughout it all. We will cherish these always, thank you Karissa!

Out of Twig's reply:

Hi Becca!! It was so great getting to know you both, and your dog, and family! :) Such sweet and kind people. Your love radiated throughout your wedding day and it was so fun to see everyone celebrate you.
    Alex Married on 09/08/2018
    I cannot recommend Out of Twig enough! Karissa was an absolute pleasure to work with for both our engagement and wedding photos. She was accommodating and super flexible with re-scheduling our engagement pictures when the weather was not cooperating.

We are beyond thrilled with how all of our pictures turned out. They are truly beautiful, and capture exactly what we wanted them to. Karissa is extremely talented. We highly recommend Karissa - you won't regret working with her!

Out of Twig's reply:

Thank you Alex! It was such a pleasure hanging out and getting to know you both! So glad you love your photos. :)
    Sam Married on 08/17/2018
    Karissa is amazing, we loved working with her for both our engagement pictures and wedding pictures. She is very kind and calm and offers great suggestions. She will take your ideas to heart if there’s something specific you want, but also has great ideas of her own. She is a very talented photographer and will capture your wedding day in a way that is special and unique

Out of Twig's reply:

Thank you Sam! Your wedding day AND your engagements were just perfect. You are both such great people. :) It was a pleasure.
    Julie Married on 06/30/2018
    From beginning to end, Karissa was WONDERFUL. She was organized and thoughtful through the planning process, and made us feel very comfortable throughout. She coordinated with our wedding planner leading up to the wedding and on the day of, and even gave our wedding planner a template for her clean and clear timeline! She also hand delivered my card to the groom :)

Her photos are gorgeous - I have received many, many compliments on our wedding and engagement photos. She works with the light in such a unique way, it's beautiful. Her style is timeless and she is amazing to work with. We had a huge wedding party, and she had no problems wrangling individuals and groups, all with a very calm, patient manner. My husband is not a big fan of having his picture taken, but he felt comfortable with Karissa. Karissa is creative, but also willing and eager to listen to what you want.

I highly recommend Karissa - you won't regret it!

Out of Twig's reply:

Thank you so much Julie!! :) You are the sweetest.
    Josie Married on 06/23/2018
    I have nothing but good things to say about Out of Twig! Karissa captured our wedding and engagement pictures perfectly! She was so easy to work with and her smile/energy makes you feel so comfortable in front of the camera. I was blown away at how much I loved every single photo! I’m definitely having a hard time deciding which ones to put around the house! Thank you so much!

Out of Twig's reply:

Thanks Josie!! You guys were great. I love so many from both your engagement session and your wedding!!
    T Married on 12/03/2017
    I thought I was going to feel goofy taking photos for my wedding but Karissa is so professional in her approach it was easy to feel natural and have a good time. She clearly enjoys what she does and we were so happy with our photos.

Out of Twig's reply:

Thank you!! :) Loved being there for your special day.
    Hilari Married on 10/28/2017
    Karissa is AMAZING and exceeded all of our expectations. She also works for one of the most prestigious photographers in the area, but she does engagement and wedding sessions on her own for an incredible value. DEFINITELY recommend!

Thanks Hilari!! :)
    Sarah Married on 09/24/2016
    Karissa provided us with the BEST engagement and wedding photography! Before my husband and I saw the pictures, I could not have imagined just how gorgeous they would turn out, but they are stunning. I had so many people asking "WHO did these?!!" and another bride-to-be's mother wanted to book her on the spot. I'm not kidding when I say that I still look at them every day. They're on my walls, my desk, my phone and laptop screensaver. Professionally, she provides top notch service, very reasonably priced, detailed on what you want to capture, and the creativity to capture what you didn't even know was there. A five-star rating doesn't even come close to what she and her team can do!

Out of Twig's reply:

Thanks Sarah!! :) It was my pleasure!!
  • Sara
    Sara B. Married on 02/22/2020

Wonderful!

Working with Karissa was a breeze! She captured beautiful photos of us and made us feel comfortable at the same time! We can’t wait to work with her for our wedding!

Out of Twig's reply:

Thank you Sara! :) It was great meeting you and Wilmer. I'm looking forward to your wedding as well! - Karissa :)
  • Diane
    Diane Married on 02/03/2018
    We did engagement photos and they turned out awesome. I like the style of her photos which is why we chose to go with OOT. It was our first time getting our pictures taken together, and Karissa gave good direction for some poses. Towards the end of the shoot we were very comfortable and having fun which led to us getting some great shots that we have hanging up in our home :)

Out of Twig's reply:

Thank you Diane! :) Loved so many from the beach portion of our shoot! You guys were fantastic.