Out of the Ordinary Photography Reviews

Out of the Ordinary Photography 6
Out of the Ordinary Photography 7
  • Noelle

Noelle · Married on 09/28/2019

Phenomenal for my Wedding!!

Jim and Holly.....WOW!! Some of the nicest people I ever met!! They hiked Buck Mtn Summit with their gear for my ceremony! If that doesnt say committed then I don't know what does. Amazing people and photographers!!!

Sent on 10/01/2019

Linda Shaw · Married on 08/03/2019

Absolutely amazing experience!

Out of the Ordinary photography was absolutely wonderful in providing the photography for our wedding! They were not only professional, but also kind and so invested in our overall experience! The photographs are amazing and reflect not only what we saw (and didn’t see) at the wedding, but also how we felt, which is what it all was really about. Their insight into what wedding photography should be is priceless! We highly recommend their services!

Sent on 09/25/2019
    Out of the Ordinary Photography 8

Kaitlyn · Married on 07/27/2019

Beyond Perfect!

We first contacted Holly and Jim in August a year before our wedding. We were not local so we had a great phone conversation and they answered every question that we may have about the process. They were our first vendor that we contacted and really put us at ease, and we knew they were the right ones for us. The day of the wedding they got a feel for our personality and the style of photos that we wanted. They used their professionalism and expertise to balance the casual shots and locations that we wanted to take a perfect picture. Our reception occurred in a public setting, so they had to balance outside variables for the photos, but recently receiving the photos you could never tell that we were not one of the only people in the area. My husband and I have enjoyed immensely going through the photos and happily reliving our memories. They had a turn around of about 6 weeks and we could not be more happy! We would recommend Out of the Ordinary Photography to anyone!

Sent on 10/12/2019
    Out of the Ordinary Photography 9
    Out of the Ordinary Photography 10

Emma Miller · Married on 07/20/2019

Amazing People

Out of the Prdinary Photography was phenomenal. They were responsive to questions, easy to contact before and after the ceremony, and really fun to have at our wedding. We had a laid back style wedding so we took formals before the ceremony, did a first look, and had asked for candids and natural pictures of people just enjoying the day. We had pictures of the big things like ceremony, first dances, cake cutting, and bouquet toss, and so many awesome candids of our family and friends just having fun. The pictures we received on our USB were so awesome! I feel like every shot I could have imagined that my groom and I had wanted were there, they read our minds. It was nice to have two photographers to capture different angles of great moments. I would highly recommend this couple to do your wedding photography, we were nothing but happy with their work!

Sent on 09/25/2019

Leslie · Married on 07/13/2019

Great Team!

Holly and Jim were a great team on our wedding day and took such good care to make sure that we had the perfect shots. They even suggested that we take some pictures on the roof of the hotel, which turned out to be our favorites. The candid photos they took during the reception were so much fun to go through and really highlight the fun and energy of the night. I highly recommend them for your wedding!

Sent on 10/03/2019
  • Laura

Laura Mancini · Married on 06/22/2019

OOTO Photo is amazing!!

OOTO Photography made my wedding photo dreams come true:) Holly and Jim were super communicative through the whole process and so kind the day of the wedding. The photos were all sent to me super quick and they came out beautiful!!! Holly + Jim were able to capture so many sweet moments:) Thank you so much!

Sent on 08/26/2019
    Out of the Ordinary Photography 11
    Out of the Ordinary Photography 12

Gabrielle · Married on 06/01/2019

Recommend x100000000

Holly and Jim were EXCEPTIONAL! All the way from the first phone call to finalizing our photo album! Holly answered my emails within hours ( and I was guilty of sometimes double emailing)! She even made a custom filter for my photos that matches the theme of my wedding! I was a needy bride and not once did they make me feel I was asking too much. Our pictures came out PERFECT! Thank you Holly and Jim for capturing our day In so many beautiful ways that we will cherish forever 💗

Sent on 10/03/2019
    Out of the Ordinary Photography 13
    Out of the Ordinary Photography 14
    Out of the Ordinary Photography 15
    Out of the Ordinary Photography 16
    Out of the Ordinary Photography 17

Megan · Married on 10/20/2018

Great pictures

Our pictures came out to be really breathtaking. We could barely narrow them down there were so many we loved.

Sent on 06/28/2019

Out of the Ordinary Photography's reply:

We loved your wedding in Lodi. I agree, so many favorites to choose from! That dress was breathtaking
  • Stephanie

Stephanie · Married on 10/07/2018

Highly recommend

We are so happy that we decided to go with OOTO. Holly is so professional, friendly and timely. Our wedding day was a little hectic and the weather wasn't working out quite as planned but with holly and her husband's helpful tips and suggestions we were able to capture some fabulous photos.

Sent on 08/02/2019

Out of the Ordinary Photography's reply:

Your day was so filled with love and what a great group of friends and family surrounding you! Even with the weather, we found some beautiful spots :) Thanks for the review!

Lauren · Married on 10/06/2018

Fun and Down to Earth

Everything was great! Out of the Ordinary owners are friendly, down to earth and professional. They knew what shots were important and work well as a team. The shots were amazing, the pictures came out beautifully and they were uploaded quickly. Thanks a lot!

Sent on 06/27/2019

Out of the Ordinary Photography's reply:

Thank you, Lauren, that's what we strive for! So many beautiful photos from your wedding day and a great group of family and friends to capture.

Amanda · Married on 09/15/2018

Wonderful!

Holly and Jim are so wonderful! From the moment they arrived to the end of the night, they were so friendly and professional. Our wedding was at Burlap and Beams outside Lake George and we started with pictures at the Marriott in Village. They were so accommodating of our schedule with pictures at the two locations and even helped us take a few shots by the lake before heading to the Burlap and Beams. They were especially patient with us as we gathered the large groups that we wanted to make sure we had pictures with (e.g., extended family, high school, college). We just received all of our photos are absolutely blown away!

Sent on 11/14/2018

Out of the Ordinary Photography's reply:

We loved your wedding and I have so many great photos to showcase. To this day I have potential couples considering switching their venue to Burlap and Beams to try to get similar photos to yours! it was wonderful from start to finish. Glad we got some of the lake photos in there too.

jessica · Married on 09/02/2018

Holly and Jim are a pleasure to work with! They handle our large wedding party with ease and patience. I would highly recommend the open air photobooth. Our guests loved the props they brought- really funny hats which totally out shined the props I bought from amazon.

Sent on 10/03/2018

Lauren · Married on 07/28/2018

Holly and Jim were so awesome in capturing our special day! I would highly recommend them!

Sent on 08/11/2018
  • Janine

Janine · Married on 07/14/2018

Out of the Ordinary is fantastic! Holly and Jim are seriously a dynamic duo, they work so well together and it was amazing having two photographers at my wedding. - you'll be glad you did.

Holly and Jim and extremely talented, professional, personable, and affordable. They make you feel comfortable and at ease and know how to truly capture the moment. They are quick to respond to any questions and very knowledgeable .

Holly works so quickly, within a few days of my wedding she sent me some sneak peaks and had all my photos done within a month! We are beyond pleased with Out of the Ordinary!!

Sent on 07/24/2018

Out of the Ordinary Photography's reply:

Thanks for the review, Janine. We loved capturing your special day at Hudson Valley Weddings at The Hill. Your family and friends made taking wedding photos fun. The backgrounds, views, horses and barn helped create stunning moments. It was so much fun working with you right down to the sparkling exit.

Lori · Married on 07/07/2018

Holly and staff were so professional I didn’t even notice they were there! So friendly and easy to work with!!

Sent on 07/13/2018

Sydney · Married on 04/21/2018

Holly is absolutely amazing! I hired her to do an engagement photo shoot on a farm.... with wedding llamas!! It was so easy to plan and coordinate with Holly and the photos were ready just days after the photo shoot. They were absolutely stunning (and adorable!). I would highly recommend anyone use Holly for their wedding or engagement photos.

Sent on 05/02/2018
    Out of the Ordinary Photography 18

Out of the Ordinary Photography's reply:

It was great working with you on booking such a unique engagement Sydney and thank you for the wonderful review!

Alicia · Married on 01/14/2018

Don’t hesitate – choose Out of the Ordinary as your photographer!
    After searching tirelessly for a wedding photographer we finally found what we were looking for in Out of The Ordinary. I instantly knew we had to hire them after looking at their work on the website. Holly was absolutely incredible to work with leading up to and on our special day. We had her husband as a second shooter that day which was a pleasant surprise! Both of them have an incredible eye for the right shot. You will NOT be disappointed in her work, my photos are simply amazing and I couldn't have asked for a better photographer. My husband and I are not photogenic at all and are not into posing for pictures but her photos brought out the fun loving couple that we are. All our memories from the wedding day have been captured perfectly from start to finish!

Sent on 02/14/2018
    Out of the Ordinary Photography 19
    Out of the Ordinary Photography 20
    Out of the Ordinary Photography 21
    Out of the Ordinary Photography 22
    Out of the Ordinary Photography 23

Out of the Ordinary Photography's reply:

Thank you for the awesome and detailed review, Alicia! Jim and I both had a wonderful time and loved working with you and your incredible family. I was honored to capture such a candid and fun couple as the both of you are. It takes everyone involved and a nice setting for great photos and you had it all. Thanks for choosing Out of the Ordinary Photography! Congratulations and warm wishes for your future :)

Kristin · Married on 10/14/2017

Holly and Jim were wonderful. We have such amazing photos of our wedding! They were able to help us navigate through the chaos and difficulties of family drama (divorced parents) with ease while taking our group photos. Highly recommend!

Sent on 05/09/2018

Out of the Ordinary Photography's reply:

Kristin, it was great working with you and happy to accommodate to make everyone comfortable. Your wedding was so beautiful and unforgettable. Thanks for choosing OOTO!

Susanne · Married on 09/25/2017

Look no farther than OOTO photography for capturing your special day with unique and memorable photos. Holly and Jim come with our highest recommendation! The pictures of our Wedding, on top of Whiteface Mountain were STUNNING. Every shot is a treasure. This married team is professional, over-the-top talented, very reasonably priced and so accommodating- simply the BEST!

Sent on 05/06/2018
    Out of the Ordinary Photography 24
    Out of the Ordinary Photography 25
    Out of the Ordinary Photography 26
    Out of the Ordinary Photography 27
    Out of the Ordinary Photography 28

Out of the Ordinary Photography's reply:

Thank you, Susanne, we had a blast with you on top of Whiteface Mountain! I will never forget it and I made a friend in the process. ;)

Danielle · Married on 08/18/2017

We are so happy we chose to work with Holly and Jim for our wedding. I knew they were going to awesome from our first meeting. They were funny, creative, personabable and professional. They are versatile with style and had the creative vision that I wanted. Our photos came back to us pretty quickly. I’ve also been to weddings where the photographers/videoagraphers are always in the way. Holly and Jim still got great photos without us noticing they were there! They were so great to work with, super friendly, and produce great work! Thank you again for our amazing photos we’ll cherish forever!!

Sent on 05/12/2018

Out of the Ordinary Photography's reply:

Danielle, it was so amazing to work with you and Matt. You two are an amazing couple with a great group of family and friends. Thank you for choosing us and for such a thoughtful heartfelt review!

Robert · Married on 07/15/2017

We had a wonderful experience and would definitely recommend Holly.

Sent on 05/17/2018

Out of the Ordinary Photography's reply:

Thank you Robert and I still can't get over how amazing your wedding was. We had a blast and it was such a great atmosphere surrounded by so many family and friends... and those performances won't soon be forgotten!

Alanna · Married on 07/08/2017

Where can I even start? If you are looking for high quality, creative, & unique photography for your wedding that truly captures the essence of you and your day, you NEED to hire Holly & Jim! I recently got married at Burlap & Beams in Athol NY & I was very picky about the quality and style of my wedding photos. I wanted to make sure they wouldn't be boring or dull so after searching through what feels like every photographer in the upstate NY area, I was so relieved when I found Holly & Jim because you can tell from their work that they have extraordinary talent and an amazing eye. They are so professional & they made everything go so effortlessly on our wedding day. I knew they would do a good job based on the photos I'd seen on their website but I still had no idea they would exceed our expectations to the degree that they did. Our wedding pictures are seriously out of this world and I am SO thankful for all of their hard work. We had so many fun shots of our wedding party, including a shot of us running away from a giant T-rex that she photoshopped for us - not only is it hilarious but we had so much fun actually taking the pictures we couldn't even stop laughing. They really made taking photos so much fun that day. Bonus that I hadn't expected was that we got married July 8 and she had a preview of our pictures up within a few days of the wedding, and she had basically all of our wedding photos done by the time we got back from our honeymoon! Insanity! It's August 3rd as I write this and we've already been able to order our wedding albums - all while she was booked with tons of other weddings in between - I don't know how she does it! I CANNOT recommend Out of the Ordinary Photography enough! 5 stars wouldn't do it justice. They deserve all of the success in the world for their amazing hard work and talent. Thank you so much Holly & Jim for capturing our wedding in a way that we will honestly cherish forever through your photos! You truly made our day.

Sent on 08/03/2017

Out of the Ordinary Photography's reply:

Thank you so much for such a sincere and thoughtful review, Alanna. We had a blast at your wedding and loved every moment capturing it. From the details and settings to the venue choice to your friends and family, it was truly unforgettable. I am so happy that I was a part of your day and was able to capture it for you. -Holly

Sarah · Married on 06/03/2017

Holly and Jim of OOTO photography were great to work with! They captured every moment of our day that we wanted and so much more. :) They were easy to work with, friendly and quick in responding to any questions we had leading up to our big day. I would recommend them without hesitation - they both have a terrific eye!!

Sent on 07/15/2017

Out of the Ordinary Photography's reply:

Thank you, Sarah, I absolutely loved your barn wedding. You were both so much fun to work with, easy going and my favorite part is how eco-friendly and natural your wedding was. I have so many awesome photos from your wedding that it's hard to choose which ones to showcase. Thanks for choosing OOTO! -Holly

Nicole · Married on 05/13/2017

Holly and Jim are awesome! This married duo are professional and super easy to work with. They arrived early on our wedding day and stayed with us all day and into the night. It was raining and we couldn't get the Lake pictures we wanted, no worries, we got into the Adirondack Brewery for some cool shots instead!

I really enjoyed them. Their patience and understanding was a breath of fresh air. I definitely recommend them to anyone looking to have their moments captured.

Sent on 05/19/2017

Out of the Ordinary Photography's reply:

Thank you, Nicole! I am so glad we connected and honored you chose us to capture your wedding! I will never forget the ADK Brewery photos and they are still talking about it. We went there two weeks ago and the staff came up to talk about it with us. So much fun! Thank you for being such an awesome couple. -Holly

Gabrielle · Married on 10/01/2016

Holly and Jim were great. They were really helpful since we don't actually live in the state we were married. Holly is a great communicator and was always willing to answer our questions. We ended up with more than enough wonderful pictures =-)

Sent on 02/13/2017

Out of the Ordinary Photography's reply:

Thanks, Gabrielle and Joe! I have a lot of favorite moments from your wedding. It was a lot of good people and good times. I love how your album turned out, loved your paper and jeweled bouquets, oh and those amazing colors! Thank you for choosing Out of the Ordinary to capture your day. -Holly