Out of the Ordinary Photography Reviews

Out of the Ordinary Photography 6
Out of the Ordinary Photography 7

Amanda · Married on 09/15/2018

Wonderful!

Holly and Jim are so wonderful! From the moment they arrived to the end of the night, they were so friendly and professional. Our wedding was at Burlap and Beams outside Lake George and we started with pictures at the Marriott in Village. They were so accommodating of our schedule with pictures at the two locations and even helped us take a few shots by the lake before heading to the Burlap and Beams. They were especially patient with us as we gathered the large groups that we wanted to make sure we had pictures with (e.g., extended family, high school, college). We just received all of our photos are absolutely blown away!

jessica · Married on 09/02/2018

Holly and Jim are a pleasure to work with! They handle our large wedding party with ease and patience. I would highly recommend the open air photobooth. Our guests loved the props they brought- really funny hats which totally out shined the props I bought from amazon.

Lauren · Married on 07/28/2018

Holly and Jim were so awesome in capturing our special day! I would highly recommend them!

Lori · Married on 07/07/2018

Holly and staff were so professional I didn’t even notice they were there! So friendly and easy to work with!!

Sydney · Married on 04/21/2018

Holly is absolutely amazing! I hired her to do an engagement photo shoot on a farm.... with wedding llamas!! It was so easy to plan and coordinate with Holly and the photos were ready just days after the photo shoot. They were absolutely stunning (and adorable!). I would highly recommend anyone use Holly for their wedding or engagement photos.

Sent on 05/02/2018
    Out of the Ordinary Photography 8

Out of the Ordinary Photography's reply:

It was great working with you on booking such a unique engagement Sydney and thank you for the wonderful review!

Alicia · Married on 01/14/2018

Don’t hesitate – choose Out of the Ordinary as your photographer!
    After searching tirelessly for a wedding photographer we finally found what we were looking for in Out of The Ordinary. I instantly knew we had to hire them after looking at their work on the website. Holly was absolutely incredible to work with leading up to and on our special day. We had her husband as a second shooter that day which was a pleasant surprise! Both of them have an incredible eye for the right shot. You will NOT be disappointed in her work, my photos are simply amazing and I couldn't have asked for a better photographer. My husband and I are not photogenic at all and are not into posing for pictures but her photos brought out the fun loving couple that we are. All our memories from the wedding day have been captured perfectly from start to finish!

Sent on 02/14/2018
    Out of the Ordinary Photography 9
    Out of the Ordinary Photography 10
    Out of the Ordinary Photography 11
    Out of the Ordinary Photography 12
    Out of the Ordinary Photography 13

Out of the Ordinary Photography's reply:

Thank you for the awesome and detailed review, Alicia! Jim and I both had a wonderful time and loved working with you and your incredible family. I was honored to capture such a candid and fun couple as the both of you are. It takes everyone involved and a nice setting for great photos and you had it all. Thanks for choosing Out of the Ordinary Photography! Congratulations and warm wishes for your future :)

Kristin · Married on 10/14/2017

Holly and Jim were wonderful. We have such amazing photos of our wedding! They were able to help us navigate through the chaos and difficulties of family drama (divorced parents) with ease while taking our group photos. Highly recommend!

Sent on 05/09/2018

Out of the Ordinary Photography's reply:

Kristin, it was great working with you and happy to accommodate to make everyone comfortable. Your wedding was so beautiful and unforgettable. Thanks for choosing OOTO!

Susanne · Married on 09/25/2017

Look no farther than OOTO photography for capturing your special day with unique and memorable photos. Holly and Jim come with our highest recommendation! The pictures of our Wedding, on top of Whiteface Mountain were STUNNING. Every shot is a treasure. This married team is professional, over-the-top talented, very reasonably priced and so accommodating- simply the BEST!

Sent on 05/06/2018
    Out of the Ordinary Photography 14
    Out of the Ordinary Photography 15
    Out of the Ordinary Photography 16
    Out of the Ordinary Photography 17
    Out of the Ordinary Photography 18

Out of the Ordinary Photography's reply:

Thank you, Susanne, we had a blast with you on top of Whiteface Mountain! I will never forget it and I made a friend in the process. ;)

Danielle · Married on 08/18/2017

We are so happy we chose to work with Holly and Jim for our wedding. I knew they were going to awesome from our first meeting. They were funny, creative, personabable and professional. They are versatile with style and had the creative vision that I wanted. Our photos came back to us pretty quickly. I’ve also been to weddings where the photographers/videoagraphers are always in the way. Holly and Jim still got great photos without us noticing they were there! They were so great to work with, super friendly, and produce great work! Thank you again for our amazing photos we’ll cherish forever!!

Sent on 05/12/2018

Out of the Ordinary Photography's reply:

Danielle, it was so amazing to work with you and Matt. You two are an amazing couple with a great group of family and friends. Thank you for choosing us and for such a thoughtful heartfelt review!

Robert · Married on 07/15/2017

We had a wonderful experience and would definitely recommend Holly.

Alanna · Married on 07/08/2017

Where can I even start? If you are looking for high quality, creative, & unique photography for your wedding that truly captures the essence of you and your day, you NEED to hire Holly & Jim! I recently got married at Burlap & Beams in Athol NY & I was very picky about the quality and style of my wedding photos. I wanted to make sure they wouldn't be boring or dull so after searching through what feels like every photographer in the upstate NY area, I was so relieved when I found Holly & Jim because you can tell from their work that they have extraordinary talent and an amazing eye. They are so professional & they made everything go so effortlessly on our wedding day. I knew they would do a good job based on the photos I'd seen on their website but I still had no idea they would exceed our expectations to the degree that they did. Our wedding pictures are seriously out of this world and I am SO thankful for all of their hard work. We had so many fun shots of our wedding party, including a shot of us running away from a giant T-rex that she photoshopped for us - not only is it hilarious but we had so much fun actually taking the pictures we couldn't even stop laughing. They really made taking photos so much fun that day. Bonus that I hadn't expected was that we got married July 8 and she had a preview of our pictures up within a few days of the wedding, and she had basically all of our wedding photos done by the time we got back from our honeymoon! Insanity! It's August 3rd as I write this and we've already been able to order our wedding albums - all while she was booked with tons of other weddings in between - I don't know how she does it! I CANNOT recommend Out of the Ordinary Photography enough! 5 stars wouldn't do it justice. They deserve all of the success in the world for their amazing hard work and talent. Thank you so much Holly & Jim for capturing our wedding in a way that we will honestly cherish forever through your photos! You truly made our day.

Sent on 08/03/2017

Out of the Ordinary Photography's reply:

Thank you so much for such a sincere and thoughtful review, Alanna. We had a blast at your wedding and loved every moment capturing it. From the details and settings to the venue choice to your friends and family, it was truly unforgettable. I am so happy that I was a part of your day and was able to capture it for you. -Holly

Sarah · Married on 06/03/2017

Holly and Jim of OOTO photography were great to work with! They captured every moment of our day that we wanted and so much more. :) They were easy to work with, friendly and quick in responding to any questions we had leading up to our big day. I would recommend them without hesitation - they both have a terrific eye!!

Sent on 07/15/2017

Out of the Ordinary Photography's reply:

Thank you, Sarah, I absolutely loved your barn wedding. You were both so much fun to work with, easy going and my favorite part is how eco-friendly and natural your wedding was. I have so many awesome photos from your wedding that it's hard to choose which ones to showcase. Thanks for choosing OOTO! -Holly

Nicole · Married on 05/13/2017

Holly and Jim are awesome! This married duo are professional and super easy to work with. They arrived early on our wedding day and stayed with us all day and into the night. It was raining and we couldn't get the Lake pictures we wanted, no worries, we got into the Adirondack Brewery for some cool shots instead!

I really enjoyed them. Their patience and understanding was a breath of fresh air. I definitely recommend them to anyone looking to have their moments captured.

Sent on 05/19/2017

Out of the Ordinary Photography's reply:

Thank you, Nicole! I am so glad we connected and honored you chose us to capture your wedding! I will never forget the ADK Brewery photos and they are still talking about it. We went there two weeks ago and the staff came up to talk about it with us. So much fun! Thank you for being such an awesome couple. -Holly

Gabrielle · Married on 10/01/2016

Holly and Jim were great. They were really helpful since we don't actually live in the state we were married. Holly is a great communicator and was always willing to answer our questions. We ended up with more than enough wonderful pictures =-)

Sent on 02/13/2017

Out of the Ordinary Photography's reply:

Thanks, Gabrielle and Joe! I have a lot of favorite moments from your wedding. It was a lot of good people and good times. I love how your album turned out, loved your paper and jeweled bouquets, oh and those amazing colors! Thank you for choosing Out of the Ordinary to capture your day. -Holly

Heidi · Married on 09/24/2016

We are so happy that we chose Holly and Jim to photograph our wedding. Not only were they professional, they were fun to work with! They were very enthusiastic about taking some different shots that we wanted. Now that we have seen a bunch of the photos we are even happier! The photos are great!!!

Sent on 11/15/2016

Out of the Ordinary Photography's reply:

Heidi and Chad, thank you for the review! We had so much fun at your wedding. The green barn was perfect, the bow and arrows, the boots, the jewelry, the awesome star night shot we got, loved it all. And we even made a new set of friends after it was all said and done. Thanks for the memories! -Holly

Jillian · Married on 09/10/2016

Holly and Jim were great to work with! They were extremely helpful, professional, and flexible throughout the entire process. We were very impressed with the finished product and I would absolutely choose them again!

Heather · Married on 09/03/2016

Holly and Jim are the BEST! We booked them for our wedding and they were so outstanding! Holly was responsive to all of my questions and emails and the photos are FANTASTIC! Holly truly is an amazing artist and her use of color, textures and light create the coolest photos! They were so easy to work with and stayed until the very end of the wedding to help coordinate and capture our big sparkler finale. They both went above and beyond our expectations and really lived up to their name - they are 100% out of the ordinary!

Sent on 09/30/2016

Out of the Ordinary Photography's reply:

Thank you so much Heather! We had so much fun with your photos. One of my favorite images is the night photo with the stars and umbrella. I love how easy going you two were being open to our ideas and willing to try things, it makes all the difference! Thank you for trusting me to capture your wedding. Here's to Happily Every After! - Holly

April · Married on 08/13/2016

We loved working with Holly and Jim. We were unsure of where we wanted to have our portraits taken, and they offered us a few fantastic suggestions. We wanted to have first look photos taken prior to the ceremony's start, and they were very accommodating with their arrival time to ensure nothing went unphotographed, even though they started shooting earlier than originally agreed upon. There was a huge thunderstorm during our reception and Holly and Jim were able to shoot the most beautiful and artistic photos. We received our final photos in under one month after our wedding. I have never heard of anyone getting their pics back so quickly!

Sarah · Married on 07/09/2016

Holly and Jim were wonderful to work with, the moment we met them we felt a kinship. They were professional, had great suggestions and didn't try to upsell us on features we didn't want. A great experience overall!

Alessandra · Married on 06/26/2016

Holly is amazing! High quality photos. Don't just book anyone to take photos of your special day- you really should get an artist that knows exactly what they're doing. I'm so impressed with how my photos turned out. I'm the least photogenic person ever and somehow my photos turned out amazing with her skills XP. We get compliments all the time on how great our photos turned out. People say they look like they're from a magazine, and I would have to agree =). Plus, Holly and her husband are super nice, cool people. It was like 90 degrees on our big day and I felt awful because they must have been dying in that heat (I know I was) but they stuck it out and were total professionals! I'm very glad I went with them. And their business name is accurate, if you have a unique wedding theme like ours (geek chic), they will have fun with it and come up with some really great photo ideas.

• Lory

Lory · Married on 06/18/2016

Holly and Jim were beyond amazing! They captured not just my husband and myself on our special day, but my daughter as well. They both understood the importance of making our wedding about becoming family. Holly was great from the start, she is very responsive to questions and idea She asks what you are looking for and if there is anything in particular that you must have. She was sure to incorporate some of the ideas that I had sent her into our day. She is creative and strives for such great quality. We have only gotten a few of our sneak peeks back as of right now, but after seeing just a few I know that the rest will be equally amazing!!!

Sent on 06/29/2016

Out of the Ordinary Photography's reply:

Thank you Lory and Cory! I was honored to capture your day and the Beardslee Castle is such an amazing venue. I had a lot of fun at your wedding and your daughter still makes me smile to this day with her attitude and grace all in one. Thanks for being open to many of my ideas as well. I have photos to show off in my portfolio for years to come! Here's to Happily Ever After... - Holly

Robert · Married on 06/04/2016

Out of the Ordinary was great right from the beginning, they met us at a mutually convenient location and when we looked at the books of work they brought, we knew we had found the right photographers. Their work was different from all the usual, line up the wedding party/stand and pose shots we had seen before. They were candid and captured the spirit of the occasion. Also not being a traditional couple, we felt accepted and knew they would give us their very best. The wedding album they produced was extraordinary, a collage of pictures that showed our day to its fullest. The video was beautiful with music that contained our personal favorites. We can fully recommend this wonderful wife/husband team to anyone that is looking for a unique and different take on a wedding.

Kaitlynn · Married on 05/29/2016

These guys were awesome to work with and we had a great time with them! We got a lot of great shots and would definitely use them again.

Meagan · Married on 04/23/2016

Holly and Jim are not only professional and extremely talented, they are amazing people at heart. Working with them has been such an honor, and so fun! We are so grateful they captured our special day with perfection and it was beyond what we ever could imagine. They truly are incredible!!