Out of the Ordinary Photography Reviews

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2009 Winner

• Tara
    Tara S. Married on 11/13/2021
      5.0 out of 5 rating

Great people and beautiful photographs

My pictures were unique and beautiful, they were patient with me and my family and had great ideas for poses and effects. I would definitely recommend them to anyone.

Out of the Ordinary Photography's reply:

Thank you so much Tara, it was a an honor to capture your wedding day at Hiland. You and your family were fun to work with.
    Mackenzie M. Married on 10/09/2021

Best Experience!

So glad I stumbled upon Out of the Ordinary photography. Holly and her husband were the perfect duo to work with. We gave them a time limit and a list of what we needed and they exceeded our expectations. Would highly recommend!

Out of the Ordinary Photography's reply:

Thank you, Mackenzie! An awesome farm venue and crew, we had a blast with such fun dancing and atmosphere. I have so many favorites from your wedding day!
  • Stephanie
    Stephanie Married on 09/19/2021

Holly & Jim are amazing!

After reviewing Holly's work I knew I wanted her to capture my big day! Holly and Jim were both so sweet and amazing people to work with. They made me abd my whole bridal party feel comfortable which resulted in some beautiful photos. They captured so many great moments and I LOVE looking back at the photos from my wedding. They didn't just capture a picture but a scene, an energy, abd a story. My only "complaint" was that there were SO many amazing photos I had trouble narrowing down my favorites for the album.

Out of the Ordinary Photography's reply:

Thank you so much for sharing this, Stephanie! We absolutely loved working with you two, your family and friends. I love the photos you chose for the review! :D
  • illustration stars

Did the reviews win you over?

Send a message
  • Christine
    Christine Married on 08/06/2021

Best to work with!

Working with Holly and Jim has been amazing! Since the start of the pandemic, they have had open communication, flexibility and kindness! They did our private ceremony and we can’t wait to continue working with them in August 2021.
  • Amanda
    Amanda G. Married on 07/03/2021
      5.0 out of 5 rating

Very talented photographer, definitely recommend

Holly and Jim of Out of the Ordinary Photography are very talented! We absolutely love our wedding photos and could not be happier with our experience with them. They made sure to get all of the shots we asked for. They were extremely flexible with having to schedule and reschedule multiple times due to the pandemic. This is my third time working with them and we have had nothing but positive experiences!
  • Remington
    Remington B. Married on 10/24/2020

Beautiful and Amazing!!!

Holly and Jim captured the most cherished moments of our wedding day. We knew it was important to have a photographer for our wedding but having 2 made certain not a single moment was missed. We had a list of pictures that were important to us and they met every single need, all while being great to work with. I would recommend Out of The Ordinary to anyone!!!! We absolutely love our wedding pictures and I can’t say enough great things about them!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Sophia
    Sophia L. Married on 10/10/2020

Amazing experience!!

Not only did Out of the Ordinary capture every moment, but they asked me what I’d like specifically to be captured. It was nice to feel included in what I wanted. Holly was extremely personable and very creative. My husband worked more with her husband, Jim. He was fantastic! It was truly a magical day, and now I have the best photos to look back on!

Out of the Ordinary Photography's reply:

Thank you for the wonderful review! So glad to work with you on all the photo ideas to make it magical. Jim and I were honored to capture your wedding day.
  • Noelle
    Noelle Married on 09/28/2019
      5.0 out of 5 rating

Phenomenal for my Wedding!!

Jim and Holly.....WOW!! Some of the nicest people I ever met!! They hiked Buck Mtn Summit with their gear for my ceremony! If that doesnt say committed then I don't know what does. Amazing people and photographers!!!
  • Ashley
    Ashley S. Married on 09/21/2019

Gorgeous Pictures, Great people

We had such fun taking pictures with Holly and Jim for our wedding. They were super flexible with what sort of pictures we wanted while also helping us get the pictures we wouldn't have ever thought of. Its been less than 7 weeks and we already have an absolute ton of beautiful pictures, some edited, some regular. We're loving every single one of them
    Linda S. Married on 08/03/2019

Absolutely amazing experience!

Out of the Ordinary photography was absolutely wonderful in providing the photography for our wedding! They were not only professional, but also kind and so invested in our overall experience! The photographs are amazing and reflect not only what we saw (and didn’t see) at the wedding, but also how we felt, which is what it all was really about. Their insight into what wedding photography should be is priceless! We highly recommend their services!
    Kaitlyn Married on 07/27/2019

Beyond Perfect!

We first contacted Holly and Jim in August a year before our wedding. We were not local so we had a great phone conversation and they answered every question that we may have about the process. They were our first vendor that we contacted and really put us at ease, and we knew they were the right ones for us. The day of the wedding they got a feel for our personality and the style of photos that we wanted. They used their professionalism and expertise to balance the casual shots and locations that we wanted to take a perfect picture. Our reception occurred in a public setting, so they had to balance outside variables for the photos, but recently receiving the photos you could never tell that we were not one of the only people in the area. My husband and I have enjoyed immensely going through the photos and happily reliving our memories. They had a turn around of about 6 weeks and we could not be more happy! We would recommend Out of the Ordinary Photography to anyone!
    Emma M. Married on 07/20/2019

Amazing People

Out of the Prdinary Photography was phenomenal. They were responsive to questions, easy to contact before and after the ceremony, and really fun to have at our wedding. We had a laid back style wedding so we took formals before the ceremony, did a first look, and had asked for candids and natural pictures of people just enjoying the day. We had pictures of the big things like ceremony, first dances, cake cutting, and bouquet toss, and so many awesome candids of our family and friends just having fun. The pictures we received on our USB were so awesome! I feel like every shot I could have imagined that my groom and I had wanted were there, they read our minds. It was nice to have two photographers to capture different angles of great moments. I would highly recommend this couple to do your wedding photography, we were nothing but happy with their work!
    Leslie Married on 07/13/2019

Great Team!

Holly and Jim were a great team on our wedding day and took such good care to make sure that we had the perfect shots. They even suggested that we take some pictures on the roof of the hotel, which turned out to be our favorites. The candid photos they took during the reception were so much fun to go through and really highlight the fun and energy of the night. I highly recommend them for your wedding!
  • Laura
    Laura M. Married on 06/22/2019

OOTO Photo is amazing!!

OOTO Photography made my wedding photo dreams come true:) Holly and Jim were super communicative through the whole process and so kind the day of the wedding. The photos were all sent to me super quick and they came out beautiful!!! Holly + Jim were able to capture so many sweet moments:) Thank you so much!
    Gabrielle Married on 06/01/2019

Recommend x100000000

Holly and Jim were EXCEPTIONAL! All the way from the first phone call to finalizing our photo album! Holly answered my emails within hours ( and I was guilty of sometimes double emailing)! She even made a custom filter for my photos that matches the theme of my wedding! I was a needy bride and not once did they make me feel I was asking too much. Our pictures came out PERFECT! Thank you Holly and Jim for capturing our day In so many beautiful ways that we will cherish forever 💗
    Megan Married on 10/20/2018

Great pictures

Our pictures came out to be really breathtaking. We could barely narrow them down there were so many we loved.

Out of the Ordinary Photography's reply:

We loved your wedding in Lodi. I agree, so many favorites to choose from! That dress was breathtaking
  • Stephanie
    Stephanie Married on 10/07/2018

Highly recommend

We are so happy that we decided to go with OOTO. Holly is so professional, friendly and timely. Our wedding day was a little hectic and the weather wasn't working out quite as planned but with holly and her husband's helpful tips and suggestions we were able to capture some fabulous photos.

Out of the Ordinary Photography's reply:

Your day was so filled with love and what a great group of friends and family surrounding you! Even with the weather, we found some beautiful spots :) Thanks for the review!
    Lauren Married on 10/06/2018

Fun and Down to Earth

Everything was great! Out of the Ordinary owners are friendly, down to earth and professional. They knew what shots were important and work well as a team. The shots were amazing, the pictures came out beautifully and they were uploaded quickly. Thanks a lot!

Out of the Ordinary Photography's reply:

Thank you, Lauren, that's what we strive for! So many beautiful photos from your wedding day and a great group of family and friends to capture.
    Amanda Married on 09/15/2018

Wonderful!

Holly and Jim are so wonderful! From the moment they arrived to the end of the night, they were so friendly and professional. Our wedding was at Burlap and Beams outside Lake George and we started with pictures at the Marriott in Village. They were so accommodating of our schedule with pictures at the two locations and even helped us take a few shots by the lake before heading to the Burlap and Beams. They were especially patient with us as we gathered the large groups that we wanted to make sure we had pictures with (e.g., extended family, high school, college). We just received all of our photos are absolutely blown away!

Out of the Ordinary Photography's reply:

We loved your wedding and I have so many great photos to showcase. To this day I have potential couples considering switching their venue to Burlap and Beams to try to get similar photos to yours! it was wonderful from start to finish. Glad we got some of the lake photos in there too.
    Jessica Married on 09/02/2018
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    Holly and Jim are a pleasure to work with! They handle our large wedding party with ease and patience. I would highly recommend the open air photobooth. Our guests loved the props they brought- really funny hats which totally out shined the props I bought from amazon.
    Lauren Married on 07/28/2018
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    Holly and Jim were so awesome in capturing our special day! I would highly recommend them!
  • Janine
    Janine Married on 07/14/2018
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    Out of the Ordinary is fantastic! Holly and Jim are seriously a dynamic duo, they work so well together and it was amazing having two photographers at my wedding. - you'll be glad you did.

Holly and Jim and extremely talented, professional, personable, and affordable. They make you feel comfortable and at ease and know how to truly capture the moment. They are quick to respond to any questions and very knowledgeable .

Holly works so quickly, within a few days of my wedding she sent me some sneak peaks and had all my photos done within a month! We are beyond pleased with Out of the Ordinary!!

Out of the Ordinary Photography's reply:

Thanks for the review, Janine. We loved capturing your special day at Hudson Valley Weddings at The Hill. Your family and friends made taking wedding photos fun. The backgrounds, views, horses and barn helped create stunning moments. It was so much fun working with you right down to the sparkling exit.
    Lori Married on 07/07/2018
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    Holly and staff were so professional I didn’t even notice they were there! So friendly and easy to work with!!
    Sydney Married on 04/21/2018
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    Holly is absolutely amazing! I hired her to do an engagement photo shoot on a farm.... with wedding llamas!! It was so easy to plan and coordinate with Holly and the photos were ready just days after the photo shoot. They were absolutely stunning (and adorable!). I would highly recommend anyone use Holly for their wedding or engagement photos.

Out of the Ordinary Photography's reply:

It was great working with you on booking such a unique engagement Sydney and thank you for the wonderful review!
    Alicia Married on 01/14/2018
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    Don’t hesitate – choose Out of the Ordinary as your photographer!
    After searching tirelessly for a wedding photographer we finally found what we were looking for in Out of The Ordinary. I instantly knew we had to hire them after looking at their work on the website. Holly was absolutely incredible to work with leading up to and on our special day. We had her husband as a second shooter that day which was a pleasant surprise! Both of them have an incredible eye for the right shot. You will NOT be disappointed in her work, my photos are simply amazing and I couldn't have asked for a better photographer. My husband and I are not photogenic at all and are not into posing for pictures but her photos brought out the fun loving couple that we are. All our memories from the wedding day have been captured perfectly from start to finish!

Out of the Ordinary Photography's reply:

Thank you for the awesome and detailed review, Alicia! Jim and I both had a wonderful time and loved working with you and your incredible family. I was honored to capture such a candid and fun couple as the both of you are. It takes everyone involved and a nice setting for great photos and you had it all. Thanks for choosing Out of the Ordinary Photography! Congratulations and warm wishes for your future :)
illustration stars

Did the reviews win you over?

Send a message