163 Reviews for OtherBrother Entertainment

Uplighting (2)
Liability Insurance (1)
Photobooth (1)
163 OtherBrother Entertainment Reviews

DJ Wade was INCREDIBLE!!! Our guests never left the dance floor. Every single song Wade played was better than the next. He completely felt out the crowd and absolutely made the party what it was.

We honestly didn’t think it could get better and then Seth started playing on the violin alongside Wade! WOW. We were completely floored as were our guests!! He really changed the vibe of the room for the better in such a surprising way.

I cannot even put into words the feeling evoked from the Wade and Seth duo!! We would HIGHLY recommend hiring DJ Wade for an unforgettable party!!!!

Profile Picture Andrea, 3/23/18, 2 Reviews
Category: Band, DJ

We booked DJ Mateo thorough OtherBrother Entertainment, and had the best experience. We were sent a questionnaire a few weeks before our wedding, asking about special songs (first dance, father/daughter dance, etc), music styles we liked, timeline of the day and for any additional information that may be helpful for Mateo to know. With this questionnaire, DJ Mateo was able to guarantee that we loved the music he played at our wedding and that he knew our timeline. The music was perfect the whole evening, it changed from more low-key during dinner to up-beat danceable songs into the evening. There was never a dull moment on the dance floor, and everyone had so much fun. DJ Mateo was even able to accommodate special requests from us and our guests during the evening. Our 2 year old niece is obsessed with the song More, More, More from the target commercial, and somehow he was even able to find that song and play it for her. Overall, DJ Mateo was an excellent choice for our wedding, and we would 100% recommend him to anyone looking for a wedding DJ.

Profile Picture Amanda, 3/10/18, 2 Reviews
Services Used: Consultation, Do-Not-Play List, MC, One Event Per Day

DJ Bryan Mahanes is a MUST for your wedding! He had the best playlist and amazing energy! Everything ran so smoothly and our guests couldn’t stop talking about how much fun they had! The dance floor was packed the entire night and everyone stayed until the last dance! He was perfection from start to finish. I want to do it all over again and would choose Bryan every time. Highly recommend!!!

Jennifer & Michael Hall

Profile Picture Jennifer, 1/20/18, 7 Reviews
Category: DJ
Services Used: Consultation, Do-Not-Play List, MC, Microphones, Photobooth, Sound/PA System

Bryan Mahanes from OtherBrother Entertainment was incredible! He kept every single person on the dance floor the entire night. Everyone told us it was the best wedding they had been to because they had such a blast at the reception. I highly recommend Bryan, he did a fantastic job!

Profile Picture Nicole, 10/28/17, 1 Review
Category: Band, DJ
Services Used: Consultation, Do-Not-Play List, MC, One Event Per Day, Sound/PA System

We had the best experience with our wedding DJ, DJ Jeff! Jeff is responsive, flexible, fun and kind! He handled our unique requests and kept the dance floor going all night (all ages loved it). We are thrilled by Jeff and his ability to mix Top40, personal requests, 60s, 70s and more! Don't hesitate to book Jeff.

Profile Picture Alexa, 10/7/17, 4 Reviews
Services Used: Microphones, Sound/PA System

Byran Mahanes is the best!!! Seriously, he made our night. From start to finish, the dance floor was PACKED. Young and old, people danced all night, and that was no accident. We wanted a 70's, yacht rock and funk kind of vibe, and to say Bryan delivered is an understatement. He genuinely had a blast playing all the songs we wanted to hear and helped make everything like speeches and cake cutting super seamless, so giant thank you to Bryan and Other Brother Entertainment. Bryan - we'll have to come see you DJ live next time we're in Charleston!!!

Photos
View Vendor Response
Profile Picture Amanda, 9/16/17, 11 Reviews
Services Used: Microphones, Sound/PA System

Bryan Mahanes was everything we wanted in a DJ! He was the perfect MC who kept our night moving and everybody dancing . We had a very long list of "must have" songs and he managed to weave them in seamlessly. He kept it upbeat the whole night and no one left the dance floor! This was impressive as we had a wide range of ages and music tastes out there but everyone loved what he played. We also had Bryan play acoustics for the ceremony and cocktail hour and we were beyond impressed with that.

Bryan was so easy to work with and accommodated pretty much every request we had - he even made custom mixes we wanted for the first dances. We were from out of town, so his responsiveness and input was very helpful for us. We think that the music can really make or break a wedding reception so we know it is a big decision when choosing a DJ. That's why we think Bryan is the perfect choice, he won't let you down!

Profile Picture Joseph, 9/3/17, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony Music, DJ

We have worked with OBE many times and Bryan and his staff are top notch. Every event is always perfect and the detail and dedication to the client is always on their mind. I look forward to each and every show where they are involved! Use them and your event will be perfect, start to finish.

Profile Picture Michael , 7/22/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Band, DJ

We had DJ Jeff/Smartz for our wedding ceremony and reception and were thrilled! He did a great job and we have recieved multiple compliments on how he kept the dance floor packed all night. We had a destination wedding and had a hard time choosing a DJ without personal recommendations but we are so glad we went with Jeff!

Profile Picture Carrie, 6/24/17, 1 Review
Category: DJ

We had another DJ cancel due to his brother getting married on our same day. No worries though he highly recommended OBE and I met with Bryan to discuss our style and needs. He was amazing! I wanted classic, shag, and later party music. As we were eating dinner I looked to my new husband and said this guy is good! I've loved every song he has played! He also set us up with a mic for the ceremony so everyone could hear our readers despite the breeze. Everything worked out and was meant to be! Thanks Bryan!

Profile Picture Chloe, 6/3/17, 1 Review
Category: Band, Ceremony Music, DJ, Entertainer

As a wedding venue owner in Charleston, I have worked with OtherBrother Entertainment on several occasions. The most exciting event thus far has been my own wedding! OtherBrother helped me find my dream wedding band, Quiana Parler and Friends! All of our guests are still talking about how fun and amazing the band was, everyone was on the dance floor! OtherBrother made the booking process a breeze, and are very helpful when it comes to communicating important announcement and reception information to the band! Cannot wait to refer my own clients to OtherBrother for their upcoming events.

Profile Picture Sarah, 5/20/17, 1 Review
Category: DJ

We were BEYOND happy with DJ Elementz AKA DJ Eddie Moran. Working with Eddie was like working with one of our good friends. He was super professional, easy-going, knowledgeable and overall just a cool guy. Eddie dealt with all my crazy wedding playlists and even stepped in last minute to help us with the ceremony music. I really appreciated Eddie stepping in and exceeding our expectations on that dance floor. Our entire wedding was out there, as if, we were at a night club. It was everything I described I wanted and Eddie made all of that happen and more. Thank you for making our night so rememberable DJ Eddie!!!!

Profile Picture Ashley, 5/5/17, 2 Reviews
Category: DJ

We went with Jeff (DJ Smartz) for our small reception at Boals Farm last weekend, and could not be more happy with the service. I got compliments on the music during the party, and have received texts and emails afterwards talking about how great the music was! He was very flexible, and willing to work with my crazy playlist and control freak tendencies. I would recommend him to anyone looking for a talented and flexible and easygoing DJ. OtherBrother in general was a great company to work with.

Profile Picture Rebecca, 4/29/17, 1 Review
Category: DJ

Josh is awesome!! He did everything that was asked had amazing reccommendations and really made the night perfect we couldn't ask for a better would highly recommend to anyone who wants a perfect stress free fun night to remember

Profile Picture Chelsea, 4/22/17, 1 Review
Category: Band, DJ

Bryan was awesome! He had everyone on the dance floor all night! We are happy he was part of our big day! Highly recommend him.

Profile Picture Maria, 4/9/17, 1 Review
Services Used: Consultation, Do-Not-Play List, MC, Microphones, Sound/PA System

DJ Mahanes was better than I could have imagined! We received so many compliments about our dj and how fun of a wedding we had! I highly recommend Bryan! He made our wedding unforgettable!

Profile Picture Mackenzie, 4/8/17, 1 Review
Category: DJ

The Midnight City (through Other Brother Entertainment) played for our wedding ceremony and reception in Charleston, SC. They were absolutely AMAZING!!! I was so impressed that they were willing to learn 3 new songs for our event, including 2 acoustic ceremony songs and our first dance song. The acoustic duo with vocals during the ceremony added the perfect personal touch of our taste in music to our nontraditional event. The full band performance during the reception exceeded our expectations. They played a variety of music, taking into consideration the vibes and energy of the crowd. I’ve gotten so many compliments on how great and FUN our wedding band was, and I am so glad I chose The Midnight City for the job. I would highly recommend them to anyone looking for an awesome band in the Charleston area.

Profile Picture Sy, 4/7/17, 8 Reviews
Category: Band

Other Brother was one of the best choices we made for our wedding! From a management standpoint Trey and Ian were responsive and accommodating. They worked with us to rent equipment for our ceremony and set it up. And despite a major hiccup with our original DJ falling ill on our rehearsal night, they secured DJ Bryan Mahanes for us and shared all of our notes and information to him seamlessly. We didn't even feel the stress of the situation at all. And then Bryan NAILED IT. He made our wedding an absolute blast. The dance floor was packed from the first dance to the last - literally. In just a days notice, Bryan made us a custom first dance sequence that we will remember forever. It was truly incredible. Bryan captured every little detail and our guests loved him too. In fact, he put more thought and care into it than even we did!

Profile Picture Theresa, 3/25/17, 5 Reviews
Category: Ceremony Music, DJ

We used DJ Bryan Mahanes for our wedding and he was worth every penny. I struggled with choosing a DJ that fit our style, would have great MC'ing skills, and was able to truly feel out a crowd to know how to keep them going or transition from cocktail hour, to dinner, to dancing and on. First of all, Bryan was super responsive and flexible - he made me feel like he was working with me to make this the best day of our lives, not just another booking or another job. Second, his MC'ing skills and communication to our guests was not only engaging, but super effective. Last, but not least, his music was absolutely on point! We actually had a full dance floor before the first course was even finished. If you don't want to take the word from a biased bride (haha) it may help to know that we even had our guests AND venue staff tell us that it was one of the best wedding party music they had been a part of. You will not regret working with Bryan. He was absolutely phenomenal.

Profile Picture User7202263, 1+ year ago, 3 Reviews
Category: DJ

DJ Bryan was amazing! Our guest are still raving about the music! He had everybody out of there seats including people that don't even dance. Every song he selected was better than the next and he really knew how to read the crowd!

Profile Picture Courtney, 3/5/17, 1 Review
Category: Band, DJ

Bryan Mahanes with Other Brother entertainment is the Absolute Best in the Business. He provided a multitude of entertainment and was like a 3 for 1. He played beautiful acoustic guitar for my ceremony that left people breathless. Then he moved over and played more acoustic guitar for the Cocktail Hour, where the songs were a great blend from new to old and everything in between. For the Finale he was the DJ for our Reception and was the True Catalyst for an Epic Wedding that people are still saying was the best wedding they have ever attended. Guests are still coming up to me and making comments at how great the music was. He read the crowd and really played to each and every guest. Hell with in the first 30 mins the dance floor was packed and I believe we had to encourage people to eat. I can't thank you enough Bryan. You truly made Josh & my Wedding day complete! Hands down the BEST!!!

Profile Picture Sarah, 3/4/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Band, DJ

Bryan Mahanes was the HIT of the night. He was so easy going, responsive, and great to work with. He caterers to the audience but more importantly to the bride and groom. He went above and beyond to make sure I was happy (the bride). Any questions I had he would patiently and quickly respond. My 215 guests absolutely LOVED him and I couldn't stop raving about how amazing our DJ was. I honestly could not be happier!!! The dance floor was PACKED the entire night.. to the point we were chanting "one more song" as the night ended. No one wanted to leave. Also - he played acoustic guitar at the ceremony and is extremely talented. We really lucked out. I promise you will not be disappointed with him!

Profile Picture Maya, 2/25/17, 3 Reviews
Category: DJ

TL;DR: Bryan is awesome and you should trust this review as a basis to hire him for your event.

We did a destination wedding in Charleston and we had to plan the whole thing from Boston. DJ has to be one of the hardest things to pick - a DJ can make or break a party and there’s no way to review one without actually attending an event they are playing at.

On a night in which a ton of decisions went our way, the decision to hire Bryan Mahanes to DJ our wedding was the best one we made. Bryan brought solemnity, smoothness, class and the party. I apologize that this review will be too short to really convey the masterful job that he pulled off. From the timing, pacing and presentation of the ceremony to the handling of the various moments in the evening (the cutting of the cake, the toasts, moving the guests from the cocktail reception to dinner), Bryan hit the perfect note in acting as MC for our wedding. When it came to music, we had selected much of the pre-ceremony music and the processional, recessional, entrance and first dance. We thought we would have the time and inclination to give him a playlist for the dance party. As we tried to build something, we realized that light instructions of what we wanted our party to be would be more effective than a limiting playlist. Bryan brought a vision that was seamless in his mixing of 60s Motown to modern top 40. The music never stopped, Bryan never stopped AND he entertained requests! My 70 year old aunts were dancing for an hour and half. I had my ski buddies bugging out to Rihanna (don’t ask, they’re weird dudes). My bride’s friends went nuts to Whitney Houston’s “I Wanna Dance with Somebody”.

I write this review from the other side. If I could hire Bryan again, I wouldn’t even think twice about it.

Profile Picture Mark, 2/18/17, 1 Review