Osprey Cove Reviews

6 | Saint Marys, GA

6 Reviews for Osprey Cove

Jennifer 路 Married on 10/29/2020

Great wedding Chao

Love this place and loved working with Wanda she was on top of everything and there when ever I needed her. Even her assistant Jen was fabulous. We will definitely be returning, Even with the crazy rain putting a hold on my event wanda was patient and efficient and made it all happen as planned :-) thanks again for your services 馃榾 see you agai. Next year!

Sent on 11/02/2020
  • Emily

Emily B. 路 Married on 05/18/2019

Elegance, Ease and Amazing Service!

We HIGHLY reccommend this gorgeous venue for any event!

Miranda made sure every detail of our wedding was perfect from start to finish. She was even there to save our cake when the top layer fell off mid-reception! The staff was extremely helpful - setting up the centerpieces, namecards and decor for us and tending to guests. We are so glad we had our reception here!

Sent on 05/20/2019

Tiffani 路 Married on 03/30/2019

Our wedding March 2019

We loved this venue. Miranda was always so accomadating. Any time we wanted to stop by to look at the venue, take photos of areas for our photographer or just come in to talk wedding she would make it happen. The wedding day was run so smoothly and everything turned out beautiful. We really appreciated everything you did for us!

Sent on 05/29/2019

Ansley K. 路 Married on 06/17/2017

They made sure that we had what we needed constantly and the food was amazing.

Sent on 07/06/2017

Osprey Cove's reply:

Thank you so much Ansley!

Joseph 路 Married on 04/30/2017

The event to which I am responding is the Methodist Home's 6th Annual Golf Classic which was held at Osprey Cove in April of this year. Our venue includes approximately 100 - 125 golfers, many guests and many volunteer workers that help to make the day a huge success. It spans several days with the precursor to Tournament Day being a widely popular silent auction which is held at the Osprey Cove Club & Grille. There are months of planning that go into this tournament. With the help of everyone involved, it has built a reputation of being the premier tournament in the area. I Co-Chair the Methodist Home Auxiliary Board which puts on the event. It is clear that the staff at Osprey Cove, led by Kate Enos on the banquet side and Rob Brockman on the golf side, have helped to make this a truly outstanding event and solid fund raiser for the Methodist Home that restores childhoods to young people who have suffered abuse of all kinds. The most impressive qualities of the Club's service has been their helpfulness no matter what the need or situation, their planning and readiness to go the extra mile as needed, and their ability to work together. This means that everyone on the Osprey staff pitches in wherever needed. The golf side helps the banquet side and the banquet side helps the golf side. I believe this is a rare quality in hospitality and service industry and its value cannot be overstated. It builds a synergy for success and helps to assure an energetic, fun, and successful day. It's a great day when people work together and enjoy what they are doing. It manifested for us in the outstanding quality of everything that was provided. I have expressed my appreciation to the entire staff at Osprey for their outstanding job in 2017. Our intention is to hold our 7th Methodist Home "Golf Classic" at Osprey Cove next year. Plans are already underway.

Sent on 06/23/2017

Margaret V. 路 Married on 09/10/2020

4.2
      3.0

Professional & Courteous

Let me begin with a caveat that our experience with Osprey Cove Golf Club may be quite different from others as we married during a lull in the Coronavirus pandemic. First and foremost, the event manager Rachael Galarza was the epitome of professionalism and very accommodating to fulfilling the changing needs and desires due to the virus and our guests. She was organized, efficient and easy to communicate with when changes needed to be made. The staff on the day of the wedding were extremely polite and exuded professionalism. However, there were some areas that led to miscommunication, so make sure to know what events are being held on your wedding day and who will be the point of contact throughout the evening well in advance. If planning your wedding yourself as we did, make sure to have a very detailed plan to share with the staff, including a timeline of events and images of exactly what you would like. Ask what their internal strategy for the night is so there are no surprises. We were not informed of changes taking place at the venue until the week of our wedding and had a different point person towards the end of the reception who didn't know any of the agreed upon measures. This led to a bit of confusion and disappointment. Overall the guests enjoyed their experience and again, despite the ever-changing protocols in Georgia, the staff worked hard to make sure everyone was taken care of and safe. The food was stellar! I wish I had asked for the recipes because it was hands down the best meal I have ever had. The rooms were clean and spacious. The sleeping accommodation we booked on site allowed for stress free transitions between events, spacious, very luxurious and most importantly, so convenient. The staff were kind enough to allow us to check in immediately upon arrival. They helped us carry the endless boxes of decorations, gowns and suitcases for the wedding. Ms. Galarza did a mock up of the dining room the night before the ceremony to allow us to see what the table decorations will look like. I really appreciated that since I would not have seen the tables until the reception. That was a wonderful surprise. If I had to give any truly negative feedback, it would be in regards to the residents of Osprey Cove, who were a bit unruly and impolite. We had some encounters that tainted a few moments. Human behavior is completely out of the control of the staff and they did their absolute best to divert the locals. Again, I was really impressed by the efficiency and kindness of the staff. They made our special day a night to remember!

Sent on 01/18/2021