Ormond Entertainment Reviews

49 Reviews for Ormond Entertainment

• April

April · Married on 10/12/2019

The Absolute Best

Where do I even begin?! When my fiance and I were first planning our wedding we knew the DJ had to be the best of the best. We did extensive research on many DJ's- dissecting the reviews, looking them up on social media, and asking around. When we found Ormond Entertainment, we were instantly drawn. We reached out immediately- based on reviews alone! The second we spoke to Cindy on the phone, we knew this DJ duo was for us. Cindy took the time to talk to us, get to know us, hear us and listen to what we wanted. The planning process was incredible! Based on that alone, we knew this was going to be one of the best decisions we made! The day of the wedding was incredible. Cindy and Barry rocked our world, and the worlds of our guests! We received DOZENS (yes, DOZENS) of compliments that I happily shared with them. We were told numerous times that people have never experienced DJs quite like this before. Everything they did was well planned and thought out. They made us laugh, they mad us happy, they made us want more! They kept the crowd on their feet and the music was perfect. Cindy acted as our coordinator for the important reception events (cake cutting, first dances, introductions, gathering of groups for photos). She checked in with my husband and I often. I cannot put into words how Cindy and Barry of Ormond Entertainment made our special day even more special. I will recommend them to anyone, with every ounce of my heart!

Sent on 10/18/2019

Nicole · Married on 08/24/2018

I do not have enough amazing words to say about Cindy. From our very first meeting, she was so understanding and accommodating. She was sure to let us know that she would do or at least try to make everything that we wanted, happen. My favorite part of the night were the bridesmaid/groomsmen introductions. They were so different from any wedding that we had been to and all of our guests loved it and laughed hysterically. She really puts her all into her job and it made our reception perfect.

Sent on 09/17/2018

Kirsten · Married on 10/15/2017

Hired Cindy and Barry last second, a few months before our wedding. We were incredibly lucky in that Ormond Entertainment had availability for that day. They were so informative, helping us every step of the way and listened to everything we had requested. Everyone left the reception talking about how great the music was, and how amazing Cindy was at being an MC for our evening. Barry and Cindy made it truly one of the best days of our lives. I would completely recommend them to anyone and everyone as they are totally worth the price!

Sent on 10/17/2017

Peter · Married on 11/05/2016

Your DJ search ends here. Ormond Entertainment is the BEST DJ in Upstate NY. Period.

Where to start? Cindy is more than just a DJ. She loves her job and values every ounce of trust and responsibility you extend to her when booking your wedding. They traveled to Rochester NY from Syracuse and were very familiar with the venue. Cindy brought creativity, energy, flow, smiles and fun into every aspect of our reception. You will have many meetings and phone calls with Cindy and/or Barry regarding the plans for your special day. You will receive a detailed booklet to read and fill out about your family, wedding party and yourselves. Beginning to not sound like and average DJ right? She's not. Every little detail is discussed, planned and executed to perfection. We did custom intros, custom transitions, planned surprises, all from the help of Cindy. She is a pro.

We had ZERO stress on our day, everything that was planned was taken care of by Cindy. Your parents will not have a worry in the world... once your reception starts and Cindy is your DJ, you've made it... time to party and celebrate.

Thank you Cindy, we wish we could do it over and over again. You made our day extra special and most beautiful celebration. We feel so grateful to have celebrated with you. We cannot thank you enough!!!

Sent on 11/21/2016

Laura · Married on 10/29/2016

Cindy from Ormond Entertainment came highly recommended to me by two other vendors in the industry. When I first met with her I was very pleased with how serious she took her work. My husband and I have crazy work schedules but Cindy was able to accommodate us throughout the planning process. Cindy also put my mind at ease when she assisted my bridal party at the rehearsal, which I highly recommend!! Cindy took the time to learn everyone's name in my wedding party which was important. She made it extra special by personalizing the introductions. We loved that! Thank you!

Sent on 11/04/2016

Stacey · Married on 09/03/2016

Cindy and her partner Barry are top notch! They provide more than the "typical" DJ services, really getting to know the couple and serving as excellent emcees for the evening. They are the utmost professionals, and a great team for those couples who really like to make sure all of the details are attended to. Cindy provided amazing advice and great support-and not just related to wedding music. They made our night a rousing success and we are so grateful for all they do!

Sent on 09/21/2016

Erica · Married on 07/23/2016

It was love at first sight with Cindy!!! She is the most fun, energetic, creative and accommodating vendor we worked with! She was incredibly thorough during our planning sessions and was constantly sending emails with ideas and questions that ended up taking our reception to the next level. She even acts as a wedding-day event planner! Seriously, that was so amazingly helpful! The Hollywood-style photo booth was INSANE!!! Our guests loved it and we highly recommend it.

I would choose Cindy and the team at Ormond Entertainment over and over again. Choose them...you will not be disappointed!!!

Sent on 12/28/2016

amanda · Married on 06/11/2016

Cindy & Barry were fantastic! The dance floor was full all night at our reception and weeks after the wedding we are still getting compliments on the music and hearing how much our friends danced! Also, our meetings with Cindy prior to the event left us feeling confident we had made the right choice on a wedding DJ. She was organized, accommodating, flexible and her experience in the field was evident. She helped us make several decisions regarding the flow of the event due to her knowledge and experience. You really get the whole package when you book with Ormond Entertainment and we are so grateful! Thank you again for a fabulous reception! :)

Sent on 07/11/2016

Lori · Married on 06/04/2016

The advice I would give to a couple looking to have Ormond Entertainment as their DJ for the biggest night of their life? Go big or go home! Cindy is not only the best DJ I've ever heard at a wedding, but she will guide you with your wedding planning along the way. My Husband and I were never in a lot of weddings and had no idea where to start and Cindy was a HUGE help! We met with her a couple times and she asked for every detail of our wedding so that she could make sure it was going as planned. Cindy ALSO called my parents and my Matron of Honor to make sure everyone was set and didn't have questions. I never gave Cindy a list to play at the wedding, but she learned what we liked and didn't like just by telling her about our lives. Cindy and Barry kept the dance floor hopping during the entire reception! We asked our guests later that night what they thought about Ormond Entertainment and they all had the same opinion....they ARE the BEST of the BEST!! Thank you Cindy and Barry! I will recommend you to anyone else I know getting married!!

Sent on 06/08/2016

Laura · Married on 05/28/2016

From the very beginning, Ormond Entertainment took the time to get to know us and our wedding party. We chose them because we have heard fantastic reviews from family and friends. From day one, they were professional, understanding and overall, welcoming. Each song was placed at just the right moment. They put a lot of time and effort into our music and our special night, and even before the ceremony, we were confident with Ormond. Ormond did a great job matching us with a DJ that we got along well with. They collaborated well with our photographer, too! We HIGHLY recommended Ormond Entertainment. The best in upstate NY!

Sent on 06/06/2016

Sarah · Married on 05/28/2016

We hired Cindy and Barry for our wedding at the Thousand Islands Harbor Hotel on 5/28/16 and I am thrilled that we did! Cindy is extremely professional and plans for every little detail you could possibly think of- I was so impressed. Cindy not only handles the entertainment, but helps coordinate the entire day. She makes sure everyone is exactly where they need to be at all times, from bridal party to the vendors. Cindy and Barry's in depth introductions for each person in the bridal party was a great way for the entire ballroom to get to know them. The night flowed seamlessly and exactly how the groom and I requested it go. And of course the music lights were amazing! Thank you for a once and a lifetime party!

Sent on 08/08/2016

Steph · Married on 05/14/2016

Cindy is so much more than your typical DJ. She helped us plan out every little detail for our May 2016 wedding that we didn't even think of. She took my mind off of the stress and we enjoyed our special day worry free! Every time we met with her she made us even more excited than we already were. She is a true professional! Cindy and Barry helped us mix and execute the perfect surprise first dance. My grandpa said that was one of the best parts of the whole wedding. They also do a unique introduction to the wedding party that had everyone laughing! I loved their take on the typical anniversary dance. It worked out better for us. She really took our music choices seriously and we had some of the most amazing moments with our friends and family because of them. I can't say enough about how they made our wedding so true to us! Thanks again for everything! We wouldn't have been able to do it without you both.

Sent on 08/24/2016

Abigail · Married on 04/30/2016

We used Ormond Entertainment for our wedding and could not be happier with the decision. Our wedding was so much fun and we have to send a BIG Thank You to Cindy and Barry at Ormond. My husband and I had three major criteria that we had to have at our wedding; and that was good music, entertainment, & food! We worked most closely with Cindy throughout the planning process but both Cindy and Barry executed to perfection the night of our wedding. We received exceptional service from our very first meeting with Cindy. We lived about 4.5 hours from our wedding venue, and Cindy was very flexible in making herself available to us when we were in town visiting family, as well as on the phone & email. What truly drove our decision to choose Ormond was Cindy's passion and professionalism, she made the process so easy and also entertaining as we shared a few laughs throughout the planning process. Not only that, Cindy is thorough and ensured that no detail was missed. We knew we needed a great DJ to ensure folks got on the dance floor and I distinctly remember song choices by Barry and Cindy to get people on the dance floor and to keep them there. Our dance floor was filled the entire night and that was exactly the type of party atmosphere we wanted at our wedding. We also got the photo booth for fun and silly pictures that turned into an awesome album! Ormond Entertainment was truly worth having at our wedding and we would highly recommend them to others. We had heard feedback from friends and family that attended our wedding, that was along the lines of the best party they have been to in a long while - and we owe that all to Ormond Entertainment!

Sent on 06/05/2016

Ormond Entertainment was the company we hired for my daughter's wedding. Cindy Ormond was professional, conscientious, and attentive to detail far beyond our expectations. Many of the guests commented on her excellent handling of the event from beginning to end. Everything flowed smoothly, she was clear in all her instructions while being flexible, inventive, and respectful. She and her crew MADE the event. I cannot recommend her highly enough.

Sent on 03/11/2016
  • Megan

Megan · Married on 12/12/2015

Ormond Entertainment is unquestionably the best DJ service in the area. We had an idea what to expect from them from past events, and we got all that and more at our wedding. We couldn't recommend them more, but specifically you'd be hard pressed to find a better option If you're having a non-traditional, ceremony/reception. The service they provide is far more than a standard wedding/event DJ. If necessary, Cindy will become almost like a secondary wedding planner in the sense that she can take a very loose and poorly planned situation and bring it the structure it needs to become an actual event. Not once did she push us into something we didn't want to do.

You'll meet with Cindy multiple times and go over EVERY detail until it's optimized. She will MC your reception and create a grand entrance for you and your wedding party. It's customized as she takes notes about everyone involved. She moves the event through all the key moments, special dances/cake cutting etc. We cannot stress enough how high the level of your reception will be raised.

Ormond Entertainment definitely helped to make our wedding day memorable and one of the most special days in our lives. We can't say enough good things about them, and we highly recommend them to anyone who plans on getting married!

Sent on 03/23/2016

Elaine · Married on 09/11/2015

Cindy and Barry did an amazing job on our wedding! We couldn't have asked for a better day. The timing for the ceremony to cocktail hour to the reception, dancing, and sparkler send off was perfect! We had many guests compliment us on how well the flow of our wedding day went! Cindy really helped to make our wedding special. They really are the best entertainment company out there!

Sent on 11/13/2015

Milea · Married on 08/22/2015

Cindy and Barry from Ormond Entertainment are absolutely amazing! I couldn't have imagined any other company providing as much fun and laughter to our wedding day. From Cindy's hilarious wedding party introductions, to Barry's awesome DJing skills, everyone at our wedding was having a phenomenal time. So many of our guests have commented on how great Cindy was and how much fun they had dancing. The photo booth was another amazing element! It's a classic photo booth, but the picture quality is superb and the props they provide just add to the fun! The first thing any newly engaged couple should do is book Ormond Entertainment right now! Plan your wedding date around their availability! You won't regret it!

Sent on 09/18/2015

Ruth · Married on 07/18/2015

Cindy was extremely professional from the first time we spoke. Her organization and communication made her and the Ormond team very easy to work with leading up to our wedding. My husband and I were also quite particular with the “flow” of our wedding -- we wanted it to be structured, but organic, and when it came to the wedding day, their team hit the ball out of the park. Not to mention, the song selections that they chose from our huge list of suggested songs was spot on. I honestly cannot say enough great things about the Ormond Entertainment crew, and highly recommend them to anybody who wants an amazing wedding reception!

Sent on 11/18/2015

I can seriously not say enough about how amazing Ormond Entertainment is. After seeing them in action at my best friend's wedding I knew that when I got married they had to be in charge of the entertainment. We were not disappointed!! Cindy is there from day 1 helping to organize and coordinate so much more than just the music. From start to finish she was there to provide support, advice, and truly got to know us as a couple and our unique story. A wedding with Ormond Entertainment is truly an experience far better than your typical DJ. Cindy made the reception so personal and special for us and truly put on a show for our guests. If you want a personal truly special and unique wedding reception you need to choose Ormond Entertainment. THEY ARE JUST THE BEST!

Sent on 06/24/2015

Lauren · Married on 01/10/2015

Ormond Entertainment was amazing to work with! They listened to ideas that we had and brought their own to the table as well! Cindy puts so much effort and time into planning the big day and we knew throughout the whole reception that we were in good hands! They coordinate so much more than just the music throughout the day--GO WITH ORMOND!!!

Sent on 01/23/2015

Carrie · Married on 10/12/2014

Ormond Entertainment is the BEST DJ in Syracuse. Please, never ever look at the price. There is a saying, and for weddings it is 100% true. You get what you pay for. Not only did I get what I paid for- I got MORE than I paid for. Cindy and Barry are the most professional and wonderful people I have ever had a chance to work with. They promise to provide you with the best wedding ever. No joke. When your photographer comes up to you and said it was her favorite wedding ever, you know your DJ kicked some butt. Thank you Ormond!!!

Sent on 10/14/2014

Jontia · Married on 09/12/2014

The Sherwood Inn referred us to Cindy. We had a ceremony to renew our wedding vows and Cindy was the best from beginning to end. She worked with us for over a year with planning every little detail. She's caring, personable, and professional... Not one regret! We Love Ormond Entertainment!

Sent on 12/10/2014

Juli · Married on 08/15/2014

Ormond Entertainment was truly a pleasure to work with. Very professional, great music, very thorough in their planning as well as a pleasure to be around. I would HIGHLY recommend them for ANY occasion.

Sent on 08/29/2014

J & E · Married on 08/02/2014

Choosing Cindy and Barry of Ormond Entertainment was the answer to our prayers. My husband and I had been to several weddings prior to planning our daughter's Aug 2nd wedding and just could not find what we needed. It was hard to find a DJ that MC'd well. However, their performance at a friend's wedding was AMAZING and my daughter and fiancé loved them when they saw them in action. Cindy worked on coordinating all the music, step-by step wedding reception schedule and some special family traditions to put together a fantastic party!!! The bride and groom loved working with them because all their music wants (and not wants!) were carefully discussed in thorough discussion meetings. Cindy and Barry also put together a very fun and unique bridal party introduction! They also discussed the day's activities with the wedding coordinator, photographer and US, so we were all informed of what was going on!!! As the hosts, we were relieved that Cindy was there to keep things going and on schedule! We had no worries and HIGHLY recommend Ormond Entertainment to any and all future wedding couples. Photo booth was also sooo much fun!!! Uplighting and other special features are also available!!

Sent on 09/16/2014

Clair · Married on 06/14/2014

Working with Ormond was an absolute pleasure! From the beginning, Cindy was responsive to emails and very helpful with the planning process. When we met with her to plan the structure of the reception, it was clear that she has a wealth of knowledge related to her field as she was able to help us plan exactly what we wanted. More importantly: She listened to how we wanted our wedding to go and made it happen! She went above and beyond, getting in touch with our other vendors and planning things ahead of time to make sure the wedding went smoothly.

On the wedding day itself things ran very smoothly. And the best part- our friends and family danced all night long! Throughout the night we had guests compliment the music and ask for the DJ's playlist. Everyone told us it was the most fun they ever had at a wedding! We are so unbelievably happy with the work Cindy did and would absolutely recommend Ormond to everyone!

Sent on 07/16/2014