31 Reviews for Onteora Mountain House

Liquor License (1)
Specialty Beer (1)
Specialty Wine (1)
Wheelchair Access (1)

Where to start. As locals (I'm from Shandaken and my husband is from Woodstock), my husband and I know the Mountains like the backs of our hands, and wanted a venue that reflected our love of the area and also showcased and supported the local people and local vendors. Jeremy (the Manager/Wedding coordinator/provider of all things) is AMAZING. He is supremely organized, calm, and respectful. He works with you to make sure every detail is accommodated, even if it's not included and is something additional. You work with him throughout the entire planning process, and you never feel like there is anything left out or forgotten. Your day is constructed and built up around you, your personality, and your preferences, and on the day, it's truly magical to watch it all come together. On the day of our Wedding, every person on staff was helpful, respectful, sweet, and patient. You can tell they put up with a lot, given the high demands of brides and grooms these days, and they still treated our Wedding like it was extremely special and the actual day was just a joy to experience. The setting at the Mountain House is an amazing, no-words type of beauty. Even having lived in those Mountains my whole life, the views took my breath away. We were lucky enough to have had a beautiful clear day, but even misty/rainy days are gorgeous at the Mountain House and they are clearly very prepared for any type of bad weather. We are beyond grateful and so thrilled with our choice of Onteora and absolutely had the Wedding of our dreams.

Profile Picture Enrica, 9/10/17, 3 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: Dessert, Hors d'Oeuvres, Plated, Server(s), Bridal Suite, Cake, Barware, China, Flatware, Glassware, Linens, Parking, Wheelchair Access, Uncovered Outdoor, Bartender(s), Champagne Toast, House Beer, House Liquor, House Wine, Liquor License, Open Bar, Premium Liquor, Signature Drink

Our daughter's July 2017 wedding was perfect in every way thanks to Bob, Jeremy, and the professional staff at Onteora. The setting is unbelievable but the service is even more breathtaking. They were calm, accommodating and wise and made everything easy and beautiful for us. Our friends and family, who came from all over the world, raved about the gorgeous views and friendly staff. Jeremy even changed a flat tire for a guest without missing a beat! We will be forever grateful.

Profile Picture Gretchen, 7/29/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location

Onteora is a dream! We had the most incredible wedding weekend and cannot thank Jeremy and Bob enough for all that they did to make us, and our families, feel so special. The grounds and view are incomparable, the food was incredible, and the hospitality and service unparalleled. We had the most unbelievable and beautiful wedding, and can't wait to return to Onteora to relive it all!

Profile Picture Kristin, 7/23/16, 5 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Don't think twice! Bob, Jeremy and their awesome team are top notch in every respect. They worked with us to create an absolutely magical evening for our daughter and son-in-law. They made it seamless, especially when planning long distance (Manhattan). There is just something beyond wonderful about this place - truly a gem in every respect. We look forward to going back for many a stay during the off season.

Profile Picture Stephanie, 7/16/16, 5 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: Accommodations, Bridal Suite, Cake, Uncovered Outdoor, Barware, China, Flatware, Glassware, Linens, Dessert, Hors d'Oeuvres, Outside Cake, Plated, Server(s), Parking, Bartender(s), Champagne Toast, House Liquor, Open Bar, Premium Liquor, Signature Drink, Specialty Beer, Specialty Wine

Seriously: Get. Married. Here. From the moment my husband and I stepped foot onto the property on our first visit, Onteora took our breath away. From the sweeping views of the Catskill Mountains to the gorgeous inn and lodge area, we instantly fell in love with this site for our mini-destination wedding from Brooklyn. But not only is Onteora exceptionally beautiful -- it's also incredibly easy to work with their staff. Bob and Jeremy, the coordinators, were highly professional, accessible, accommodating, and kind. The planning was as stress-free as could be, because of their incredible attention to detail -- and the day itself went off without a hitch.

Thank you Onteora for the wedding of our dreams! We are forever grateful.

Profile Picture User7072192, 1+ year ago, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Bob and Jeremy made our wedding weekend absolutely perfect. The beauty of the house and location is unparalleled and the staff was exceptional. We loved having all of friday and saturday and sunday brunch to spend with our families and friends. The food was incredible and the drinks were plentiful and delicious. They were very accomodating and helped us plan the ceremony and reception on separate days. Everything was executed perfectly and they had excellent suggestions for nearby lodging and vendors. We are filled with incredible memories from that entire weekend. We are so happy we chose to get married at Onteora and could not imagine a better experience! We would recommend Onteora to everyone and anyone for any occasion!

Profile Picture Najia, 5/21/16, 3 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Was just married here and literally could not be happier with the experience. It poured throughout our whole entire wedding, and I still could not have asked for a better time. Jeremy goes above and beyond. Truly incredible.

Profile Picture brena, 9/12/15, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Onteora is one of the most beautiful places on earth, and we still can't get over how gorgeous our wedding was. We got married during a light mist of rain, and the grounds took on a dreamy, intimate quality that made for gorgeous photos and cool, comfortable guests.

We were so happy and busy that we forgot to eat, and the staff were kind enough to make us a plate of entrees. The appetizers, main course, cake and desserts were all superb - we haven't stopped thinking about it. Also, the breakfast at Onteora is delightful. The crepes are some of the best we've ever had, and we love crepes.

Throughout the process, Bob and Jeremy were pleasures to work with. They are smart and dry-witted and relaxed because they know what they are doing. It was nice to be in such capable hands for the best day of our lives.

Profile Picture Kiki, 6/20/15, 3 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Our wedding was three weeks ago, and we're still getting calls and e-mails from our friends and family telling us how beautiful the venue was and what a great time they had. My husband and I initially thought we wanted a rustic, barn-style wedding, but after first looking at those options in the tri-state area, we found Onteora and fell in love. The views are incredible and so much more special than a barn wedding would have been. We were initially concerned with how far it was from the city, but there were more accommodation/rehearsal dinner/transportation options than we expected, and the scenery made it well worth the drive.

Jeremy (the manager) has an incredible knack for details. Whether it was getting a certain mixer for my husband's favorite drink, setting up the name cards table perfectly, using walkie-talkies with the rest of the staff to ensure our ceremony ran smoothly, or a thousand other things, he made us feel special and confident that we were in good hands. Every time we asked for something, his answer was always, "Sure, whatever you need."

The food was great, both at the reception and a breakfast we hosted the next day. We planned our wedding from a distance, so having everything included in one place (food, rentals, liquor, cake, etc.) made our lives so much easier. Having to look for a linen vendor from 300 miles away would have taken time away from more important things, so having Jeremy show us a book of linen swatches at our one-month meeting and pointing to the ones we wanted was a huge convenience.

Overall, we couldn't have been happier with how our wedding turned out, and Onteora and its staff were a huge part of why it went so well. We feel like we got a very personal, intimate venue with professional attention to our wishes and requests. We can't recommend Onteora highly enough!

Profile Picture Sarah, 9/21/14, 5 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

From start to finish, they were a pleasure to deal with for everything. Their attention to detail, and to make it as stress-free for the family, was evident from the beginning to the end.So many of our guests remarked that it was the most perfect setting for a wedding!

Profile Picture Ann Rosen , 8/23/14, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location

The Onteora Mountain House was the perfect location for our wedding. As my photographer described, it was "rustic and chic, natural and posh all at once". My husband and I visited the Mountain House twice before our wedding and it was raining both times, but it will still so beautiful we knew it would be unbelievable if the weather was nice on our day.

So many of our guests have said it was the best venue they have ever attended a wedding. The food was amazing, the views spectacular, the reception room is gorgeous and so much better than a typical ballroom. I can't imagine our wedding having been so perfect if it had been anywhere else.

Bob & Jeremy are great to work with as well. Bob makes sure every detail goes off without a hitch, and Jeremy is so attentive to anything you could possibly need. From the momemt we arrived Friday until we left Sunday afternoon we felt like royalty. It was the most amazing weekend of our lives!

Profile Picture Nicole , 8/9/14, 6 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location

My husband and I live in Brooklyn, NY, but when we got engaged, knew we wanted to get married outside the city. We went to college in upstate New York, and had hung out and camped a lot in the Catskills and Hudson Valley. We spent many weekends searching for the perfect place to get married. We wanted outside, but weren't sold on a tent for weather reasons. As soon as we drove up to the Onteora Mountain House, we knew it was the place. It's high atop the mountains and the view is absolutely breathtaking. It's rustic without being too rustic. The reception venue is a gorgeous timber pavilion. Bob, the owner, and Jeremy, the manager, were professional, responsive and flexible throughout the planning process. Every time I sent an email, it was immediately answered back with the information I needed. When it came to the wedding weekend (you have Onteora from Fri-Sun), they were both amazing. Jeremy was on top of literally everything. I didn't have to worry for a moment. Anything I asked him or Bob the whole weekend, was met with an immediate "Sure, no problem". The ceremony, reception and next-day brunch were so beautiful and perfect. The venue, service and food literally blew our guests away. They couldn't have complimented it enough. I highly recommend booking the Onteora Mountain House for your wedding. Not only is it a breathtaking and unique venue, but Bob and Jeremy run it so well, and guide you through your day calmly, attending to everything you could imagine. We wish we could do the day all over again, we loved every minute of it, in large part to Bob, Jeremy and Onteora!

Profile Picture User4248305, 2+ years ago, 10 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

About a year before our wedding date, we stepped onto the property and knew we had to get married at the Onteora. It is truly a magical place. The pictures hardly do it justice. Because you rent out the 7 rooms on the property for close friends and family, the venue becomes your home for the weekend. We all felt so comfortable and at ease. But most importantly, the staff is phenomenal. Bob and Jeremy are true pros. We showed up on Friday with all of our stuff, handed it over, and relaxed for the rest of the weekend, knowing that they would take care of everything. Jeremy is a calm and collected presence when you're standing at the top of the stairs, waiting to walk down the aisle. Every request is met with a reassuring answer. They are a pleasure to work with and know all the ins and outs of planning a wedding. I could go on and on but, in short, picking the Onteora was the best wedding decision we could have made. It is worth every penny.

Profile Picture Anna, 9/1/12, 7 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Onteora Mountain House is the most beautiful place to have a wedding!! All of our guests were in love with this venue and are still talking about it almost 4 months later! Not only is it stunning and provides the most gorgeous setting for a wedding and wedding photos, Bob and Jeremy are so organized and welcoming. From the breakfast that they provided each morning, to the schedule of events they develop with you before the wedding, and their organization on the wedding day (when everything can be so hectic!), they are true professionals. They are responsive and flexible and really know how to schedule a great wedding!! The staff was friendly and amazing as well! We fell in love with Onteora as soon as we walked in and I would absolutely recommend having your wedding there!!

Profile Picture Ali, 8/11/12, 4 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

This venue was made for my husband and me. And they made our day perfect.
I arrived and they took care of everything. Not only did everything get set up, they added so many nice touches all around that made the entire experience a dream.

This is the place for you if you want to get what you pay for. It is worth every penny. Bob and Jeremy have such attention to detail, really know how to organize, and know exactly what to do to pull it all off smoothly. Working with them was nothing but pleasant, they were always very accommodating and willing to work with me, but without treating me like a spoiled princess. I was looking for no-frills attitude, and I got it. I didn't want fake cooing over me and treating me like a child, and they were very cool.

Overall, it was a really amazing day - the best of my life - and I would definitely recommend.

Profile Picture Rachel, 5/27/12, 9 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

gorgeous wedding site, very helpful with the planning and recommendations. was my first and only choice spot.

Profile Picture alycia, 6/17/07, 4 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

My now husband and I first saw Onteora online, and I had a feeling that it would be "the one." But it was a little far (we're from NYC), and our families didn't really get our vision for our wedding, so we didn't visit for a while. We saw about 20 other venues first, and none of them were it. Our parents could tell we weren't too excited about any of them. And then we went to visit Onteora, in sleeting rain, and we were over the moon. Even in the rain and the fog, I knew that this was where I wanted to wake up on my wedding day. We made the absolute right decision. Everything about the wedding was perfect, from the food (which I think included some very creative dishes) to the service and the drinks, and of course the magical location. Our guests raved about the atmosphere that we created for our wedding, and that is mainly due to Onteora. Bob and Jeremy were easy to work with, and I felt completely confident leaving every detail in their hands once we arrived for our wedding weekend. As expected, they executed everything perfectly. The only negative I have is that there is no air conditioning in the reception space, which on our exceptionally hot/humid wedding day was uncomfortable, but I would still do it over again.

Profile Picture Hayley, 9/10/16, 3 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

My husband and I had the most incredible wedding at Onteora Mountain House over Labor Day weekend this year. It was the first and only venue we visited, we were sold on the mountain views at first site. This location is absolutely breathtaking. The food was delicious, the ceremony backdrop is beautiful and the guest rooms in the mountain house and cottage are wonderful. Bob & Jeremy were very helpful and easy to work with throughout the planning process. On the day of, they took care of all decoration set up, coordinated with the vendors and made sure we didn't have to stress over anything. The venue is a little pricey, but completely worth it in the end. If you're looking for a woodsy, romantic wedding in the mountains, look no further.

Profile Picture User5447419, 2+ years ago, 7 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Onteora is just a devastatingly beautiful place to get married. We were blown away by it the moment we saw it. We had an amazing weekend and couldn't be happier about the whole experience.

Bob and Jeremy were great to work with - very professional and patient with me. They answered all my questions about every little detail over email. I really appreciated it. When we asked if we could have more people at the rehearsal dinner than was specified in their site information specified, they were happy to oblige.

If you book the weekend, you have the option of doing rehearsal dinners and brunch on-site with the same caterer. It was definitely a nice simplification to not have to book another site or deal with other catering companies.

Your wedding here will almost surely not be cheap. There is a large site fee, plus you're on the hook for booking the guest rooms over the weekend. The food and catering charges aren't small either. But you get your money's worth - the site is amazing, beautiful, and well-maintained. The view is incomparable. The guest rooms are charming and have modern bathrooms. Having your friends and family stay with you during the weekend is lovely. All of our guests enjoyed the ceremony tremendously. The food was all great for a wedding. People were extremely happy with the bar - little to no waiting around.

Profile Picture User4211369, 2+ years ago, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Onteora was the perfect venue for a relaxed, elegant, and personal wedding. They accommodated everything we asked for, from a double ceremony to rehearsal dinner and Sunday brunch. The backdrop is stunning, the staff was friendly and professional, and we don't for a second regret not looking at any venue other than Onteora.

Profile Picture Sarah, 5/20/17, 3 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Here's the scoop. The Onteora Mountain House is a stellar spot for a wedding... but it's definitely on the pricey end of things, especially as far as upstate weddings go. The good news is that the price includes so much! Lodging for you and at least 10 other people, the food, cocktails, site fee, gratuities, etc. But despite a touch of sticker shock, my husband and I were sold as soon as we got out of the car, thanks to its jaw-dropping vistas and grounds (the awesome Leg Lamp in the game room didn't hurt either!) Don't let the shoddy website fool you - go see for yourself! The owner, Bob, is a bit of an oddball but he's attentive and has a fabulously strange sense of humor. He doesn't fuss over brides (which some/many brides may find off-putting, but I was relieved by this!) His co-manager Jeremy is a gem. You won't work with him until later in the game, but he is just simply a-ma-zing and he will go far beyond the extra mile to make your day run seamlessly. The food is crazy delicious and they mix a fine cocktail. Another mega-bonus is that it's pet friendly, which was really important to us (and challenging to find.) All in all, it's such a special and unique space, and the entire place is 100% yours for 3 days!

Trust me, if you're considering the Catskills area, GO SEE THIS PLACE.

Profile Picture Aubrey, 8/3/13, 5 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

I got married at the end of June 2012 at Onteora. Bob and Jeremy are serious professionals who ensured the whole thing went off without a hitch. The place is so gorgeous and the venue is incredibly well run. I heard from many guests that it was the best wedding they've ever been to.

Throughout the planning process, Bob and Jeremy were quite good and responsive to my requests. We met with them three separate times (once to see the venue, once for the tasting, and once for the final meeting to discuss the final details).

One thing to note: if you use this place, you most likely will need to hire buses. You will need to provide this logistical information to your guests - I'd recommend including that information in the invitations.

We used Tonche Transit who were accomodating and fun (I have pictures of the singalong on the bus on the way home from the after party to prove it!).

We started the weekend on Friday with the rehearsal and rehearsal dinner held on site. Despite my large and slightly unruly wedding party, Bob made sure everyone knew what to do and when to do it. The dinner was catered by Hickory Smokehouse and was delicious (especially the blackened catfish).

On Saturday, Jeremy worked to make sure everything was coming together smoothly. We brought in hair stylists and got ready in the cottage. Jeremy and Bob coordinated with our vendors who were setting up while we got ready.

Throughout the night, Bob and Jeremy worked to make sure all key events happened at the agreed upon times, and that we were present. (I was so excited, more than once Bob had to remind me that something was happening and I needed to return to my seat or the dance floor). We extended the party by an hour which was totally worth it.

The food was excellent. Even though we did first look photos, we missed most of the cocktail hour. I'd recommend asking someone to make a plate for the bride and groom - both for appetizers and entrees. I didn't have one bite of either entree because I was so busy. We did hear that the entrees were out of this world from guests who raved about their dinners.

We used the band Saints of Swing for the cocktail hour and first dance (very classy!), and then transitioned to Dave Leonard of JTD Productions (another seriously awesome professional who kept the dance floor jumping). Flowers were done by Dennis at the Green Cottage (beautiful) and photos by Kim Coccagnia (which are gorgeous!). All of our vendors worked together really well, which we appreciated. I would not have changed a thing.

Profile Picture Sarah, 6/30/12, 5 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Everything was above and beyond my expectations. Fabulous.

My only recommedations is to loop in their wedding coordinator Bonnie as soon as possible. She's a great resource for places to get your hair done, etc... things that would have been great to know before the wedding day.

But, we couldn't have been happier - very elegant, without over doing it.

Profile Picture lenore, 9/15/07, 6 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Wow, is all I can say about the Mountain House. Bob and Jeremy are like a dream team! My husband and I thoroughly enjoyed our wedding, and we have the Mountain House staff to thank. Very catering to what you as a couple want, extremely prompt, and on top of all the items that go into a reception, they really cover it all. The food from Blue Mountain Catering was excellent too, we got a lot of compliments on how good everything was!

Sometimes it takes them a while to respond to emails, but if you resend, they are quick. I believe their spam filter has something to do with that though.

The scenery is amazing, and don't worry about the weather...we had a really foggy day and it ended up pouring during our reception- but it went off without a hitch. People loved the views, and the house itself...everyone thought it was beautiful.

Oh and I was very concerned about the size of the space as well as the dance floor. We had 160 guests, and everything went fine! The tables did not feel cramped, and the dance floor was packed!

Really it was the perfect wedding. Thanks Bob, Jeremy and the Onteora Staff!

Profile Picture Tessa, 9/22/12, 11 Reviews