ONDAGO DJ Entertainment Reviews

167 | Anchorage, AK

167 Reviews for ONDAGO DJ Entertainment

167 ONDAGO DJ Entertainment Reviews

Natalie · Married on 08/11/2018

Where do I start? John was extremely professional and met above all expectations. We hired John to play from 4 pm- 2 am as he accommodated our wedding schedule. He also didn't complain or fuss about playing an additional hour and a half for us, playing until 3:30 am! You don't need to hire a day of coordinator because John puts together an amazing itinerary of your day and meets up with you as much as you like to plan the day.

My husband, family, and friends have all commented on John's chillness and ability to read the crowd. He did such a fantastic job, I would hire him again in a heartbeat! He followed my playlist and took all my requests immediately.

The Photo Booth that came with our package also brought so much fun for our guests and countless memories!

Adrianna Lorenz · Married on 08/04/2018

Awesome experience -- definitely recommend!!

We had a church wedding so just used ONDAGO for the reception, but he was an awesome DJ! He really goes above and beyond handling music, too. John managed all the other aspects of the reception that were going on behind the scenes, and basically made it so we didn't need a day-of coordinator. He also came up to Brian and me a couple of times during the reception to give us tips on how to make the most of our time. He was great, and I would absolutely recommend him!

Brandon · Married on 07/30/2018

John was amazing to work with. He was very responsive to our needs for music and entertainment. I couldn’t think of using anyone else to DJ and emcee our wedding! Thanks for the memories John! It was truly a night we will never forget.

~Brandon & Shalane

Brian · Married on 07/05/2018

What a great guy! He not only was our DJ but he pretty much coordinated the entire venue. I am so glad we ended up going with him! Thank you for making our wedding that much more special. And thank you for all of your dedicated hard work. We will definitely be recommending you to parties,venues and weddings!

Sarah · Married on 06/21/2018

Highly recommend DJ John. We hired DJ John for our wedding in Cooper Landing and were so happy with our decision. He’s very professional and clearly experienced at both his job as a DJ as well as being an MC. Since the MC basically directs the event, John (with the help of some of his online tools) got us thinking about all the details of ceremony and reception timeline and music flow. He has ideas if you’re looking for guidance, but also provides lots of opportunity for you to tell him how you’d like the night to go and what music you’d like. And he wasn’t fazed when plans changed throughout the night. Guests loved that he took requests!

Lisa · Married on 06/16/2018

I reached out John about a year before the wedding via emails and he was always responsive and thorough in all his communication. My husband and I live in California and we met John in person once when we made the trip to Alaska to check out our venue, but other than that the rest of the planning was done online. John has a very detailed online planning tool and questionnaire that made it easier. There were a few changes made closer to the wedding day (and even within an hour before) and John was very understanding and accommodating.

The music selection was as we requested and John, with our day-of planner, made the event flow smooth. Can't recommend ONDAGO enough!

Jeannie · Married on 06/08/2018

John was absolutely amazing for my daughter’s wedding. From first contact his professionalism, attention to detail and wonderful manner made him stand out as top notch. From rehearsal to send off John’s timeline kept on point and really kept the evening flowing seamlessly. It was an alcohol-free wedding, but the dance floor was full the whole time! John is good at what he does, we are so glad to have booked him and we will recommend him to every other bride we possibly can.

Katrina · Married on 06/02/2018

We booked Ondago for our June 2018 wedding! He was wonderful! We actually booked him by word of mouth recommendation without even meeting him before hand. Upon meeting him we knew we had made a wonderful decision! SUPER thorough, thinks of a lot of small details we hadn't thought of, kind, energetic and has wonderful song and MC advice for weddings and large events. He really helped up think of a lot of fine-tune details with our wedding! We had 215 people plus caterers and bartenders, so it was a big venue (arctic valley lodge) with a lot of people! He make the flow of the night go effortlessly with his series of events worksheet we filled out before hand. And when I last minute wanted to add my grandmother to the toasts, he fit her right in. Also when I last minute wanted my father daughter dance to bust into a silly Billy Idol song he did that as well! Ondago was a wonderful wedding DJ/MC option! He brought lights and lasers and all his own equipment as well! And the photobooth was an absolute blast. We received so many complements on the photobooth, and made for a dun souvenir for guests!

Vonnie · Married on 06/01/2018

John is an amazing DJ! he is kind of like a party planner honestly the way he is so organized and lays out the whole day step by step and walks you through it. I was so relaxed during the wedding because I knew he had everything under control. He has a great sound system and even went out of his way to come to our rehearsal. He has an awesome personality and he knows how to feel the crowd. I say go with John no one else could compare to his professionalism.

Angelo · Married on 05/26/2018

John is awesome! He worked mostly with our wedding planner but in regards to music choice, content, and energy as an emcee, John was perfect. We had an intense, down to the minute schedule, and John kept everything on track. I e-mailed him a few songs in our playlist to give him an idea of what kind of music we liked and he fell nothing short of amazing. Not only does John give off good energy he is also great at creating it. ONDAGO DJ Entertainment, highly recommended.

• Y

Yvonne · Married on 05/12/2018

Referred to DJ John by few of my friends who had him at their wedding! Nothing but fun! Best DJ! Your missing out if you don’t chose him!

Sonia · Married on 02/25/2018

DJ did a great job our crew loves having him at our anniversary party every year!

ONDAGO DJ Entertainment 1

Cassie · Married on 01/27/2018

Absolutely worth every penny!! We got married and John was there on the day to MC and DJ. He got there early with his crew, set up mics for the ceremony, provided our live musician with cords for sound equipment, and coordinated with all the other vendors to make sure the whole ceremony and reception went according to plan! He also kept cool and joked the whole time, and while his voice was out- he brought someone with who was able to MC just great! He read the crowd and while he played requests, he played music that would get everyone dancing. So fun!!
    Not only was he a hecking life-saver on the wedding day, we also met and emailed back and forth before the wedding...he has done this a thousand times and his information and pointers were invaluable for us in the decision making for the ceremony/reception. He is super fast in replying and thinks of all the details. Our day was perfect and I absolutely trusted that he would follow through and he totally did. Best decision we made!!

Bianca · Married on 12/30/2017

We were more than satisfied with the services provided by John! He was very professional and kept our wedding fun!

Lerissa · Married on 12/08/2017

Lowes had an all day Christmas party it we had ONDAGO provide a photo booth. It was super fun and props were perfect for the holiday. We look forward to do it again someday!

Benjamin · Married on 09/30/2017

Hands down the best DJ and guy I have ever had a chance to meet.If you are looking for a Dj this John is the best he was a big help the day before and day of the wedding getting everyone in place and on time had a blast thank you John on my special day

Kristeen · Married on 09/30/2017

John was AMAZING!!! He's so much more then just a DJ. I couldn't have asked for anyone better! He helps create the perfect timeline for your special day and executes it flawlessly. He communicates with all of your vendors and you throughout the night. Thank you John!

Amy · Married on 09/16/2017

Definitely know your plan of. how you want your wedding to be. Know your crowd, this DJ will make sure everyone is having a great time.

Lena · Married on 09/02/2017

John was great to work with throughout our entire planning process, and we were very impressed with his services on our wedding day. His attention to detail was great, right down to double checking pronunciation on people's names, and he made me feel confident that everything would go smoothly. John provided a sound system for our ceremony, uplighting and dance floor lighting for the reception, dj services, and an unlimited use photo booth, which was a big hit with the guests. We also got to choose our own template for the photo booth, and John set it up to match our wedding color scheme. In addition to his services on our wedding day, John made himself available for multiple planning meeting before hand, and even came out to our rehearsal in Girdwood for no extra charge. Overall, John provided an excellent experience for us and our guests, and I would highly recommend his services.

Lacey · Married on 08/27/2017

John was phenomenal. He really made sure the entire day went smoothly and we stuck to our schedule. He kept our dance floor full and everyone enjoyed themselves until the end of the night. I highly recommend this company for any event!

Rebecca · Married on 08/25/2017

There are only amazing things to say about John and his DJing and photobooth services. We just had John host our wedding, and he put the day over the top with entertainment! We can't thank you enough John. You've always got a great recommendation from us!

Danielle · Married on 08/19/2017

Want to make sure your wedding ceremony goes smoothly and that your guests are up and moving during the reception? Then John is your DJ! Every single person at our wedding had so much fun on the dance floor, even the ones who “don’t dance” danced. He has an AMAZING selection of music and if he doesn’t have the song you’re looking for, he will get it.

We met John at our best friend’s wedding a few years ago and loved his style. So when it was our turn to tie the knot, we knew exactly who we wanted to be our DJ. John met with us several times and had no problem with me making changes throughout the planning process.

John also helped with music selections, suggested different games to keep our guests entertained (we went with “who is more likely to...” and our guests loved it), he walked us through each event timeline and what corresponding music we wanted, and kept the day of our wedding on track with our timeline.

I would recommend John for any event in need of a DJ.

Noelle · Married on 08/05/2017

John was amazing to work with! I would highly reccommend On Da Go DJ for any wedding! He was flexible and went with the flow, but he kept things on track and on schedule. Again, would highly reccomend!

Elaina · Married on 08/03/2017

What a great experience!! John was fun, reliable, /!: professional. Second to none and I'd highly recommend him for any event!!

Bailey · Married on 07/21/2017

AMAZING! He was so kind and willing to work with us to make all our DJ dreams come true! 100% recommend!