(Once like a spark) photography Reviews

330 | Washington, DC

(Once like a spark) photography 6
(Once like a spark) photography 7

McKenzie · Getting married on 06/08/2024

Amazing! You need olas!

We do not say this lightly when we say - You need OLAS on your wedding team!!! They were so friendly, professional, and efficient from the minute we showed interest in them to the reception of our photos and videos. They were so focused and centered on making our wedding the best day ever and figuring out what we want, what we envision, and how they can best make it happen. The lead up to the day had us feeling at ease because they had call meetings to go over EVERY detail! Our wedding day with them went above and beyond our expectations as both photographers and videographer were SO kind, personable, and truly made us feel so special the entire day. They know their stuff and we could not be happier with the way our pictures and videos turned out! OLAS is top notch!

Sent on 07/25/2019

Elizabeth · Getting married on 04/05/2021

Phenomenal on all accounts

OLAS was a perfect option for us being a Boston-based couple. We were interested in OLAS initially because of the value (it's unparalleled in this city) but we fell in love with the entire team because of the level of professionalism and quality of our photographer, David's, work. He first showcased his talents at our engagement session, but I could not have been more impressed with him and his wife Dessy (they work in tandem) than at the wedding. They are phenomenal and I couldn't imagine having a better duo to work with. In a city like Boston with overpriced vendors with underwhelming results, I cannot recommend OLAS enough! They are a true gem.

Sent on 05/28/2019

(Once like a spark) photography's reply:

Yesssss!! We LOVE hearing this! Thanks so much for your sweet words. We adore you two lovebirds! xoxoxo
  • Alex

Alex Chigas · Getting married on 09/25/2020

Great so far!

Working with them has been a pleasure so far. They are very professional and not pushy at all. They have been working with us on which photographer we want, where we want our (engagement) pictures taken and what to expect on the big day. I would recommend so far based on our experience.

Sent on 09/18/2019
  • Chen

Chen Shuhan · Getting married on 11/02/2019

Lovely team and amazing pics

I had my engagement shoot with OLAS. Our photographer is really cool and has a great eye for lights and shades. I shared with her in advance my Pinterest board for visions and she helped us achieve everything! The color is vivid and the light is amazing. She also captured movement and lovely moments of us. We love how natural everything turned out to be. I hired them for my wedding as well. Also, I find communication with them very smooth. Alicia always returns my email promptly. Very happy! Will update regarding my wedding photo and video in the future!

Sent on 05/14/2019
    (Once like a spark) photography 12
    (Once like a spark) photography 13
    (Once like a spark) photography 14

(Once like a spark) photography's reply:

We LOVED your creative engagement session! The dancing photos are some of our favorites!! Thanks so much for sharing this feedback - we love to hear our couples love on the process and Alicia's rockstar planning!
  • Ashley

Ashley · Married on 08/24/2019

Just wonderful staff!

Just an amazing experience with OLS! We had our engagement photos back in October. The photographer actually hiked a mountain with us to capture them. We had know idea how to pose for the pictures but Alex C did a great job with helping us out and the pictures came out beautiful! We had David and his wife for our wedding day photographers and they were a well oiled machine. They were efficient and I’m sure captured amazing pictures! We will get them back in a few weeks!
    Also Ashley, one of the owners of the company was so friendly and helpful with the planning call a couple weeks before the wedding! Just a wonderful company through and through and the pricing is really reasonable!!

Sent on 09/11/2019

(Once like a spark) photography's reply:

Ashley and Billy - you two are the BEST! We've all loved working with you from beginning to end. From working through your booking, to your engagement session, to walking through planning, and finally to shooting your wedding....we're just so thankful we got to be beside you guys every step of the way. You guys are super special, and we are so thankful!
  • Roxanne

Roxanne · Married on 08/03/2019

Amazing Experience!

We hired Graham to do both our engagement and wedding photos. In both cases he was friendly, professional, and was everything we could have hoped for in a photographer!

Sent on 08/04/2019
  • Tracy

Tracy · Married on 07/27/2019

Excellent to work with

They did our engagement and wedding photos. They were awesome and so easy to work with. The photographers we had were all amazing, easy going and went with the flow of our day.

Sent on 08/13/2019

Lauren Crowley · Married on 07/27/2019

Perfection

The Once Like A Spark Team was so easy and fun to work with. Alicia was such a help in the planning process and making sure the day ran smoothly. We just received our pictures back and can not stop looking at them, they are PERFECT!

Sent on 09/10/2019
  • Gabrielle

Gabrielle · Married on 07/06/2019

We loved everyone on the team

When we first started looking into photography, we knew we wanted someone who was extremely dedicated to what they do. Once we stumbled upon (Once Like A Spark), we knew we wanted Tyler to be our photographer. He was great during the entire process and even agreed to meet with us before we signed the contract to be able to ask him questions. Tyler is extremely laid back and did a great job at making my husband and I feel comfortable. Our engagement pictures were gorgeous, and we can't wait for our wedding pictures to come in.

Sent on 08/01/2019
  • Elizabeth

Elizabeth Eyrich · Married on 06/29/2019

06-29-2019 Wedding

The entire team at OLAS will provide a stress-free experience. They are kind, responsive, and will hold your hand every step of the way. Their enthusiasm is so genuine and it felt warming to work with them. The best part is that there is not just one photographer, so you have many choices to find the person who fits you and your day best! They have lots of package options and good deals too. To me, pictures were my most important vendor because they last for ever. Going with OLAS was the best choice and I was so happy to have chosen them! Thank you OLAS fam for making my husband and my day the best it could be. We were so happy to have you and our pictures are ones we’ll cherish forever! ❤️

Sent on 08/07/2019
    (Once like a spark) photography 23
  • Jackie

Jackie · Married on 06/22/2019

Look no further!!

(Once Like A Spark) photography was a dream to work with! Every single member of their staff was accommodating, professional, and personable. They established an open and consistent line of communication, listened to our vision for our wedding, and offered invaluable advice and guidance, as we had never planned a wedding before! They put us at ease throughout planning! That isn’t even touching on the beautiful pictures they took. Lisa was our photographer and her talent and skills is evident by the high-quality and beautiful images that she took! Lisa’s photo-journalistic style captured the joy and magic of our wedding day with the perfect mix of posed photos and candid shots. We have looked through our gallery 7 times already... and we got it last night. We can not recommend OLAS ( and Lisa!) enough. Their work is breathtaking and I can’t imagine entrusting anyone else to play such an important role in the best day of our lives!

Sent on 08/02/2019
  • Simone

Simone · Married on 06/21/2019

Simply stunning.

I just knew as soon as I saw their portfolio that I needed to have them be a part of my wedding day. The photos are just flawless and captured exactly what I was going for. Our highlight reel was truly the best I have ever seen, and everyone who has seen it says the same thing. I could watch it over and over again, and believe I have!!! I wanted candid photos of us enjoying our day and Lauren was able to really give that to us. I am so happy and so thankful to everyone at once like a spark. I will always remember this day and have the video and photos to look back on the most magical day ever!! Thank you!!!

Sent on 07/30/2019
    (Once like a spark) photography 29
    (Once like a spark) photography 30

Molly · Married on 06/08/2019

Seamless Experience & Beautiful, Timeless Pictures

We literally planned our wedding date around Once Like a Spark, and specifically Graham's, availability! Graham photographed both of my sister in laws weddings, and we knew we had to have him for our special day. First and most importantly, his work is really beautiful and timeless. He has a way of capturing moments in a candid, natural way. He's also a blast to work with. For our engagement session, Graham suggested a spot in Narragansett Bay and we had so much fun exploring this unique area. You can tell he truly loves what he does; he brought so much excitement to our session, climbing up on rocks, and jumping through puddles to capture the best angles.

The Once Like a Spark Team was also a dream to work with. Alicia, their coordinator, helped us to develop a day-of-timeline that allayed my fears about timing, especially since our ceremony and reception venues were a bit far from each other. Overall, I can't recommend this company, and Graham, enough!

Sent on 06/29/2019

(Once like a spark) photography's reply:

Thank you SO much for this incredible review, Molly!! We love that Graham has become a part of your fam. ;) And we're so grateful we got to come alongside you and take some of that planning weight off your shoulders. Alicia is such a rockstar!!
  • Courtney

Courtney · Married on 05/18/2019

Absolutely perfect!!

Alicia, Lorna and the entire OLAS team were wonderful to work with from start to finish!! They were professional, responsive, and our photos came out absolutely beautiful! Based on her gorgeous portfolio of work, we trusted Lorna entirely and I'm so glad we did! When the sun was setting she called us back out for one more set of pictures and they are absolutely stunning! I highly recommend OLAS!

Sent on 06/28/2019

(Once like a spark) photography's reply:

We're SO SO grateful we got to be your photographer!! Your wedding was absolutely perfect and totally reflected you two! Thank you so much for your sweet words - we're so glad the OLAS experience took that weight off of your shoulders. :)

Megan · Married on 05/11/2019

Highly recommend!

The entire team at OLAS is so friendly and professional. Graham was our photographer for our engagement shoot and our wedding. He was so wonderful to work with and his vision is amazing. The pictures are beautiful and we are so happy! I would highly recommend.

Sent on 06/24/2019

(Once like a spark) photography's reply:

Thank you so much for sharing this! Graham is so incredible and we're SO glad we got to work with you to plan your photography and get all the photos you wanted. Congratulations, again!!
  • Katie

Katie · Married on 04/27/2019

Amazing company

I hired (once like a spark) after seeing some of their work with a friend’s wedding, as well as all of their amazing reviews online, and they did not disappoint!! The communication was always amazing, they kept me up to date, and the photographers themselves, Page and David, were wonderful! Page and David were so professional, punctual, and just overall fun to be around! They took our requests and comments into consideration, always making sure we got the shots we wanted, while also making sure they got the best shots with everyone as well. I definitely would not change hiring (once like a spark) for our photography team- they are the best!

Sent on 04/30/2019

(Once like a spark) photography's reply:

You know how much we adore you two! Your wedding was stunning and the photos are some of our favorites from the Spring wedding season! Congratulations, again!
  • Jillian

Jillian · Married on 04/27/2019

Absolutely stunning!

STUNNING! Has been the number one comment that everyone has said when looking at my wedding pics. And they are right! The pictures are vibrant and beautiful! I have no idea how I am going to narrow down the images to fit in one album! I hired OLAS and chose Tyler to as my photographer because he shot a friend’s wedding and I just loved the images. I am so glad I went with them. Tyler showed up right on time on my wedding day and he was very calm and professional. He had memorized my wedding party’s names beforehand and was able to direct the bridesmaids and groomsmen into position by name for the all the photos. He got all the shots that I requested and more. The pictures are just incredible. Also, everyone I have dealt with at OLAS has been energetic, upbeat, and SO HELPFUL! This is a wonderful company, book them and you will not regret it!

Sent on 06/06/2019
    (Once like a spark) photography 37
    (Once like a spark) photography 38
    (Once like a spark) photography 39

(Once like a spark) photography's reply:

Yayyy!! Thanks for this sweet review, Jillian!! You guys were a total dream and it definitely showed in your photos. :) We're so glad we got to work with you and take some of the weight off of your shoulders as you planned your wedding! Congratulations, again!
  • Lorrie

Lorrie Bell · Married on 04/06/2019

AMAZING photographers made our wedding PERFECT

We had the pleasure of working with Tyler. He, along with the rest of the Once Like A Spark team, helped make our day better than we ever could’ve imagined. Their organization and customer service cannot be beat. My husband and I couldn’t be happier with Tyler and the OLAS team! We planned everything ourselves, without a wedding planner, and the OLAS team helped plan the entire day and took all the worry out of scheduling. Tyler was a superstar once the wedding day came around, lassoing our crazy families and getting family pictures knocked out in record time (less than 15 mins). He was also worked with out DJ & reception venue to coordinate times for dances & our exit, in order to beautifully capture each moment. We didn’t worry about anything & we have Tyler to thank for that (along with Peyton & the entire OLAS team). We couldn’t recommend them enough! We’re so happy with our images and with our entire experience with OLAS! USE THEM!!! You won’t regret it & they will exceed your expectations! We love these people!

Sent on 04/30/2019
    (Once like a spark) photography 47
    (Once like a spark) photography 48
    (Once like a spark) photography 49

(Once like a spark) photography's reply:

You guys were a DREAM to work with!! Your wedding was absolutely stunning and we can't get over your photos! Congratulations, again!
  • Michelle

Michelle · Married on 03/30/2019

Amazing Photography Company!

Working with Once Like a Spark for our wedding photography was wonderful and very easy. They covered all the details and answered all the questions ahead of time so our wedding day went flawless. I LOVED working with Debbie N. the day of our wedding. She did whatever it took to make sure we got the shots that we wanted captured. Our wedding photos turned out amazing, and I cannot thank the OLAS team enough!

Sent on 05/10/2019
  • Jennifer

Jennifer Ripley · Married on 03/30/2019

Olas/tyler

I had the pleasure of working with OLAS (specifically Tyler), for our Wedding in March, and we could not be more happy with how everything turned out! From the very first conversation with Once Like A Spark, we immediately felt confident in our decision to use them. Alicia was an invaluable asset, throughout the planning process; the editing team kept us well informed on the status of both our Engagement Photos and our Wedding Photos; and Tyler really went above and beyond to ensure he captured ALL of the photos we wanted, the day of the wedding. I didn't even have to think about whether or not we were getting the Pictures we wanted, because of how organized/detailed the entire team was, leading up to the event. Tyler went as far as stopping traffic, on a busy road, just so we could get the perfect picture!! I have already recommended OLAS services to friends looking for Wedding Photographers, and will 100% continue to do so, going forward! These guys are the BEST! :)

Sent on 05/14/2019

Alyssa · Married on 02/16/2019

We cannot say enough about our experience with OLAS so far. From the very moment I began my conversations with Darcy, I knew we was making the right choice. Each person I have interacted with since has been nothing but enthusiastic, upbeat, positive, and professional. Everyone truly seems to have their client's best interests in mind and will go out of their way to make the couple happy.
    We live in NY and are getting married in NH. So, we chose OLAS because it was important to us to get to meet our photographer in advance of our big day. The online photographer bios were so helpful in allowing us to choose someone we thought we would click with, and we are SO happy that we chose Lauryn!!
    On the day of our shoot, scattered thunderstorms were forecast for our original agreed upon time. She texted to find out if we wanted to keep our appointment, move up the time, or reschedule. We all agreed to meet up about 2 hours earlier than originally planned. Further, to shoot our engagement session, she drove about 1.5 hours (through the rain no less!) to the location of our choosing to shoot with the Hudson River in the background. She immediately made us feel at ease, and got so many amazing shots. Each set of photos had a unique look, so much so that our friends and family barely believe they were almost all taken in the same park.
    As the cherry on top, the team working behind the scenes has also continued to wow us. Alicia has been so helpful, and even sent me a draft timeline (although our wedding is not until Feb. 2019) to assist with my scheduling hair/makeup appointments! Just three weeks later, Olive and Whitney reached out to share our blog post, and then the gallery of all of our images.
    From start to finish, we have been amazed by the over-and-above customer service that each OLAS employee has shown us. The process has been seamless. It has been a true pleasure and we cannot wait to work with Lauryn on our wedding day!

Sent on 07/24/2018

(Once like a spark) photography's reply:

Thank you so much, Alyssa!! We're so thrilled to have you as a part of the OLAS family and we also can't say enough awesome things about Lauryn! She's a rockstar. Can't wait to see you guys again soon! :)
  • Lisa

Lisa Grubbs · Married on 11/17/2018

Best photos ever.

We used this company based out of the Boston area and we cannot recommend them enough! They are truly incredible and so professional and easy to work with. We had David for our engagement session and wedding and we CANNOT recommend him enough. We got so many compliments on our engagement and wedding photos and that is because he is incredibly at what he does! He does the perfect angles and makes even the most not photogenic people look great. OLAS is great and David is even better!

Sent on 12/08/2018

(Once like a spark) photography's reply:

You two are just pure happiness!! Nothing makes us happier than hearing that you love your photos as much as we do - you two make it easy. ;) Congratulations, again, and all our best wishes as we head into a new year!

Jrclancy22 · Married on 11/17/2018

Photography for my wedding

OLAS was absolutely fantastic to work with and delivered images that captured our day perfectly. They work as a team from planning, to the final editing and delivery of photos, which ensured we had responsive service at al time! Could not recommend more highly!!

Sent on 12/20/2018
    (Once like a spark) photography 50
    (Once like a spark) photography 51
    (Once like a spark) photography 52
    (Once like a spark) photography 53

(Once like a spark) photography's reply:

Love love love this!! You two are magic and have style for days. Thanks for your sweet words!! xoxo, The OLAS Team

Erin · Married on 11/03/2018

Truly the best- outstanding service and style

Once Like a Spark came highly recommended to me by a friend. She was the only one in her office that didn't use OLAS, and she really regretted it. When I got engaged she said "Don't make the mistake I did. You HAVE to use them" I'm so glad I listened to her. We signed our contract when there was a promotion, so we got a free engagement session, along with our selection of 8 hours of photography, a 2nd shooter and videography. Other than venue, photography was the most important piece to me. This is what lasts forever. Everyday you will look at these photos... your grandchildren will look at these photos. OLAS is a larger company with regional photographers. I am in the northeast and had Graham. He was phenomenal. Graham knew the 2 areas we selected for our engagement shoot, and actually suggested a different location nearby. Im thankful he did, the location had much better scenic views of the sunset and better lighting. He was easy to talk to and easy to work with and the photos came out amazing. Gearing up to the wedding, OLAS has many people reach out to be sure you're on track. There is a survey/phone call regarding exactly which shots you're looking for, and which family members are included. It made the day of all very easy and organized. Our second shooter was Dan, and together he and Graham got some truly unbelievable shots. We have had such fun showing off our photos and have received wonderful compliments on them. Mark was our videographer and captured every moment we were hoping for. The video package included a highlight reel of the day, then the entire ceremony and all of the speeches. OLAS even reached out to let us know if things were on sale, or if they had any promotions for their add-ons. They would give us warnings before new prices went into effect. We are thrilled with OLAS' easy communication, helpful direction, and amazing photographers. We will cherish these photos for the rest of our lives and we are so grateful OLAS was a part of our day.

Sent on 12/02/2018

(Once like a spark) photography's reply:

Erin!!! What lovely things to say about your experience - we're over the moon to read all of your thoughts and feedback. We loved being there for your wedding - your details were so personalized and it was clear how much your friends and fam enjoyed celebrating you. :) Congratulations, again!!