78 Reviews for On Sunny Slope Farm

Drapery (5)
Outside Vendors (4)
Indoor (3)
Decor (3)
All Inclusive Packages (2)
Accommodations (1)
Bartender(s) (1)
Outside Alcohol (1)
Centerpieces (1)
Flatware (1)
Glassware (1)
Shuttle (1)
77 On Sunny Slope Farm Reviews

Working with Harry and staff was WONDERFUL! They were always helpful, timely, and knowledgeable. We planned to have our wedding outside but it poured down rain 3 minutes before the ceremony. The staff moved everything inside the tent instantly, kept the guests entertained, and everything went off without a hitch! It was perfect!
The tent was spacious and accommodated our 184 guests with plenty of room!
The planning process was very organized and helpful as Harry had everything broken down into what needed to happen at 6 months, 3 months, and 1 month.
The venue is beautiful, the staff is experienced and helpful, and you will have a wonderful wedding if you choose to have it On Sunny Slope Farm!

Profile Picture Alex, 5/27/18, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

We got married on May 26th, 2018, and it was more than we could have ever imagined. We are living in Virginia but our families and many friends are from California so they came far to be here. I think when people heard we were getting married at a farm in Virginia they did not expect On Sunny Slopes. The scenery, the warm wonderful owners and staff, the cloudy and a bit rainy weather, and even the cows set the tone of a beautiful, cozy, simple yet lovely wedding day.

We initially picked this venue after visiting the first time. We got in our car read some reviews to confirm that what we were seeing and hearing from Harry weren't "too good to be true", after the 25th raving review, we cancelled the rest of our venue visits, called Harry and put our deposit down. Never looked back.

Harry was a great communicator throughout the whole experience. Monica was a wonderful day of coordinator. We used her for decorations as well, which BLEW ME AWAY. We used the farm for both ceremony and reception, SO easy and beautiful. We had to move the ceremony to the tent because of light rain but even that just made it feel even cozier. And we exited the tent to a gorgeous rainbow spreading across the rolling hills. Just amazing. We also had our guests stay at The Hotel Madison which was beautiful and had the reception there. Again lovely with GREAT catering. YUM!!

Feel free to contact me with any questions!

Photo for On Sunny Slope Farm Review - Beautiful spot for our first look!
Photo for On Sunny Slope Farm Review - The barn was so charming and lovely!
Photo for On Sunny Slope Farm Review - Ceremony moved inside bc rain. Gorgeous!
Profile Picture Vanessa, 5/26/18, 3 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: Accommodations, All Inclusive Packages, Outside Vendors, Bridal Suite, Clean Up, Event Planning, Event Rentals, Liability Insurance, Lighting/Sound, Pet Friendly, Set Up, Scenic Views, Uncovered Outdoor, Chairs, Dance Floor, Lighting, Tables, Tent Accessories, Tents, Shuttle, Barware, Linens

Harry and his staff were absolutely wonderful to work with and the venue itself boasts all you would need to host the most amazing event! Our wedding exceeded even our expectations!

Profile Picture Ashley, 4/27/18, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

This venue not only provides amazing scenery of the valley but provides all the comforts of an indoor venue in an outdoor setting! Harry and his staff are helpful, easy to work and highly knowledgeable. I highly recommend!

Profile Picture Ashley, 4/27/18, 3 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: Altar/Arches, Chairs, Dance Floor, Furniture, Lighting, Tables, Tent Accessories, Tents, Linens, Parking, Wheelchair Access, All Inclusive Packages, Bridal Suite, Clean Up, Liability Insurance, Lighting/Sound, Pet Friendly, Set Up, Wireless Internet, Covered Outdoor, Scenic Views, Uncovered Outdoor
3.6

Beautiful location for a wedding! We rented out the air bnb on site and it really made for a fun weekend for us and our wedding party- the location couldn't have been more beautiful or convenient. The vendors that I worked with were, in large, very familiar with this venue, so it made for ease of planning (I was the wedding planner). The venue owner was also able to provide the signing of our marriage license, bar service, tables and chairs for additional fees. The venue itself is very well kept. The day of went really well and everything came together and staff was on site to help with questions. Melody was new to the site (on site coordinator), and I had only met her the day before, but she was really wonderful. Everything was kept tidy and flowed smoothly thanks to Sunny Slope staff. The only "area of improvement" that I would recommend, is some of the back and forth with the venue owner. I am from out of town and had to do much of the coordinating via email and phone and it made for some miscommunication. The time of year with the weather also threatened some extra expenses, but it all ended up working out in the end. All in all, I couldn't be happier and would recommend this venue to other couples.

Profile Picture Brooke, 3/31/18, 6 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Officiant
Services Used: Wheelchair Access, Bridal Suite, Clean Up, Liability Insurance, Pet Friendly, Wireless Internet, Covered Outdoor, Scenic Views, Altar/Arches, Chairs, Dance Floor, Lighting, Tables, Tent Accessories, Tents

Harry and his team were friendly, accessible, and excited about their space, which made us excited too. It was a beautiful backdrop for our outdoor wedding, while we still felt wholly warm, dry, and comfortable thanks to their beautiful tent and awesome heaters. I highly recommend this venue to people who want a mountain wedding.

Photo for On Sunny Slope Farm Review - Walking down the aisle in a light drizzle.
Profile Picture Adrienne , 11/4/17, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: Covered Outdoor, Scenic Views, Altar/Arches, Audio Equipment, Chairs, Dance Floor, Furniture, Lighting, Tables, Tent Accessories, Tents, Parking, Wheelchair Access, Linens, Outside Vendors, Bridal Suite, Clean Up, Event Rentals, Liability Insurance, Lighting/Sound, Pet Friendly, Set Up, Wireless Internet

Choosing Sunny Slope as our ceremony and reception site set the tone for the entire wedding. The Farm is located just a few miles from downtown Harrisonburg VA, so there are plenty of hotels and accommodations for guests (Also it's a large enough town that you and your guests have access to Uber and Lyft). The Farm itself is beautiful, rolling farmland nestled in the gorgeous, forested hills of the Shenandoah. Everything you'd need from a venue is included: changing suites, a space for your catering team to do food prep, a bluetooth sound system, tables, chairs, and linens included, heaters if the reception tent gets chilly, and gas fire 'pits' if your evening is temperate. But perhaps the most valuable asset is Harry, the farm's owner. Harry is kind, patient, and takes great care to give each couple the wedding they're imagining.

Profile Picture Samantha, 10/8/17, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: Clean Up, Event Planning, Liability Insurance, Lighting/Sound, Pet Friendly, Set Up, Wireless Internet, Barware, Linens, Parking, Uncovered Outdoor, Altar/Arches, Audio Equipment, Chairs, Dance Floor, Lighting, Tables, Tents

We are so glad we chose On Sunny Slope Farm for our wedding. Everything from the gorgeous venue, Harry, our day of coordinator, to the recommended vendors was absolutely perfect. We couldn't have asked for a better day!

Profile Picture Erin, 10/7/17, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

This venue is absolutely gorgeous. They provide so much for their clients such as suites to get ready in, two ceremony locations, tables and chairs, engagement shoot locations, beautiful scenery, wedding coordinators, bartenders... you name it! Harry is great to work with as well. The day went so smoothly. I could not have asked for a better venue for such a great price!

Profile Picture Faith, 8/5/17, 1 Review
4.7

Harry and his team were great to work with from the our very first visit to the farm, to our wedding day itself. One of the reasons we chose On Sunny Slope Farm was just in case we had a weather situation, we would have a back-up plan. Unfortunately, we DID have a weather situation, and Harry and his team moved into action quickly to help us still have the prettiest wedding and reception inside the tent as possible. I would highly recommend On Sunny Slope to any couple or family looking to have a gorgeous venue, with a top notch team, and good value. We loved it and hope to have another family event on the Farm in the future!

Profile Picture Heidi, 7/29/17, 4 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: Parking, Wheelchair Access, Linens, Indoor, Scenic Views, Uncovered Outdoor, Outside Vendors, Bridal Suite, Clean Up, Event Rentals, Pet Friendly, Set Up, Wireless Internet, Altar/Arches, Chairs, Dance Floor, Furniture, Tables

I fell in love the moment I saw the photos and I'm happy to say it lived up to them. Harry and his staff were great to work with and made the day go pretty easily. The price is great and you get so much for it. I highly recommend getting at On Sunny Slope Farm!

Profile Picture Meg, 6/11/17, 4 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: Uncovered Outdoor, Audio Equipment, Chairs, Dance Floor, Furniture, Tables, Tents, Parking, Wheelchair Access, Linens, Outside Vendors, Bridal Suite, Event Planning, Liability Insurance, Pet Friendly, Set Up, Wireless Internet

My husband and I married on June 9th, 2017 and we had the PERFECT wedding at Sunny slope farm. We decided to marry at the "Chapel" and we don't regret our decision one bit. The venue is absolutely gorgeous!! On our wedding day there were white butterflies flying around the aisle, perfect weather and we ended the night with a gorgeous full moon. Working with Harry was such a pleasure, he was always responsive, clear on details and cost of venue and was PATIENT every step of the way. Never hesitated to answer all of my extensive questions and helped us every step of the way. His staff that we worked with for our bar package were professional and kept a smile on their face during the entire time! I wish I could relive the day again!!

Profile Picture Kathy, 6/9/17, 3 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: Bridal Suite, Clean Up, Liability Insurance, Altar/Arches, Audio Equipment, Chairs, Dance Floor, Tables, Tents, Barware, Linens, Covered Outdoor, Scenic Views, Uncovered Outdoor

Very happy to have chosen this place for my wedding ceremony and reception. Great location. Great view. Harry was pleasant to work with. If I could do it all over again I wouldn't change a thing

Profile Picture shweta, 4/27/17, 8 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Harry and his family will treat you like family. They are the best kind of people and were just so super helpful. I'm so happy we chose sunny slope as our venue for our wedding. It was absolutely perfect!

Profile Picture Katie, 11/11/16, 1 Review
Category: Unique Services (Other)

We cannot say enough great things about On Sunny Slope Farm. My husband and I were married at On Sunny Slope Farm in October. Since we do not live close to Harrisonburg, most of our interactions with Harry were over Skype. Harry was so easy to work with and was very responsive to our questions. The venue is BEAUTIFUL. All of our guests commented on how gorgeous the farm was and couldn't believe we found such a perfect place. I would recommend this venue to anyone who is looking. I know we will look back on our wedding day for years to come and remember the great experience we had at On Sunny Slope Farm.

Profile Picture Joni, 10/29/16, 7 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: Parking, Bridal Suite, Clean Up, Lighting/Sound, Set Up, Outside Alcohol, Flatware, Linens, Altar/Arches, Audio Equipment, Chairs, Dance Floor, Decor, Furniture, Lighting, Tables, Tent Accessories, Tents, Uncovered Outdoor

Easy hassle free place, a little more expensive but worth the money for everything they do to take care of you!

Profile Picture Nathan, 10/28/16, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: Bartender(s), Bridal Suite, Clean Up, Lighting/Sound, Set Up, Covered Outdoor, Parking, Barware, Linens, Audio Equipment, Chairs, Dance Floor, Drapery, Lighting, Tables

Having our wedding at On Sunny Slope Farm was a joy. They were there for every little detail, and really put our minds at ease. Harry and the rest of the staff were incredibly communicative and easy to work with, and the farm, of course, is beyond beautiful. We would definitely recommend this to other couples.

Profile Picture Lena, 10/21/16, 1 Review
Category: Unique Services (Other)

Words fall flat as I try to describe how wonderful my experience was with On Sunny Slope Farm. This venue embodies the perfect combination of class, country charm, and natural beauty. The pleasantry of the venue is match by the outstanding actions and attitudes of the venue staff. You would be ridiculous to book your wedding anywhere else.

Profile Picture Jessica, 10/16/16, 3 Reviews
Category: Unique Services (Other)

Harry and the staff at On Sunny Slope Farm were wonderful! We had such a great time, and had to do a lot of improvisation since Hurricane Matthew came through on our wedding day. They were extremely helpful in the process and had a contingency plan that worked out perfectly. Taylor served as our coordinator on the day of, and knew exactly how to keep things under control. Thank you to all of the staff! I would highly recommend On Sunny Slope Farm to all of my friends getting married.

Profile Picture Kristen, 10/8/16, 1 Review
Category: Unique Services (Other)

Wouldn't have changed a thing! Even on an overcast day the location was still gorgeous. It rained a bit during the reception and I never even noticed!! Danced the night away without a care thanks to the excellent and helpful staff! Planning was a breeze and the meetings up to the wedding wit staff were incredibly helpful. I will recommend this place to everyone!!!!

Profile Picture Jessica, 10/7/16, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Unique Services (Other)

Sunny Slope Farms was an amazing place to get married at. My fiancé and I had a beautiful wedding and enjoyed our time their. The venue is a beautiful place and we got to use many of the facilities their on the farm.

Profile Picture Hope, 10/1/16, 1 Review
Category: Unique Services (Other)

My husband and I had such a great experience at On Sunny Slope Farm! Harry and all of his staff was so friendly and professional! They really make you feel like you are the only one they are working with through the whole process. And the venue is absolutely STUNNING. Everyone comments on how gorgeous the scenery was. I highly recommend On Sunny Slope Farm!

Profile Picture Rachel, 9/23/16, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Booked this venue for our wedding. Visiting the venue was just love at first sight. There is so much included in the fee for the facility. The mountain views are breathtaking. Harry has been an amazing communicator so far. Can't wait for our big day. Will be doing another review at that time!

Profile Picture User4996544, 1+ year ago, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: Barware, Linens, Bridal Suite, Clean Up, Lighting/Sound, Set Up, Parking, Wheelchair Access, Covered Outdoor, Audio Equipment, Chairs, Dance Floor, Lighting, Tables, Tents

I loved working with Harry and his staff! They were always willing to help out. Taylor was great and she truly made my day run so smoothly! Also the views are gorgeous on top of this amazing staff! Thanks so much for making our special day turn out so wonderful!

Profile Picture Alina, 8/13/16, 1 Review