72 Reviews for On Sunny Slope Farm

Centerpieces (1)
Flatware (1)
Glassware (1)
71 On Sunny Slope Farm Reviews

Harry and his team were friendly, accessible, and excited about their space, which made us excited too. It was a beautiful backdrop for our outdoor wedding, while we still felt wholly warm, dry, and comfortable thanks to their beautiful tent and awesome heaters. I highly recommend this venue to people who want a mountain wedding.

Photo for On Sunny Slope Farm Review - Walking down the aisle in a light drizzle.
Profile Picture Adrienne , 11/4/17, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: Covered Outdoor, Scenic Views, Altar/Arches, Audio Equipment, Chairs, Dance Floor, Furniture, Lighting, Tables, Tent Accessories, Tents, Parking, Wheelchair Access, Linens, Outside Vendors, Bridal Suite, Clean Up, Event Rentals, Liability Insurance, Lighting/Sound, Pet Friendly, Set Up, Wireless Internet

Choosing Sunny Slope as our ceremony and reception site set the tone for the entire wedding. The Farm is located just a few miles from downtown Harrisonburg VA, so there are plenty of hotels and accommodations for guests (Also it's a large enough town that you and your guests have access to Uber and Lyft). The Farm itself is beautiful, rolling farmland nestled in the gorgeous, forested hills of the Shenandoah. Everything you'd need from a venue is included: changing suites, a space for your catering team to do food prep, a bluetooth sound system, tables, chairs, and linens included, heaters if the reception tent gets chilly, and gas fire 'pits' if your evening is temperate. But perhaps the most valuable asset is Harry, the farm's owner. Harry is kind, patient, and takes great care to give each couple the wedding they're imagining.

Profile Picture Samantha, 10/8/17, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: Clean Up, Event Planning, Liability Insurance, Lighting/Sound, Pet Friendly, Set Up, Wireless Internet, Barware, Linens, Parking, Uncovered Outdoor, Altar/Arches, Audio Equipment, Chairs, Dance Floor, Lighting, Tables, Tents

We are so glad we chose On Sunny Slope Farm for our wedding. Everything from the gorgeous venue, Harry, our day of coordinator, to the recommended vendors was absolutely perfect. We couldn't have asked for a better day!

Profile Picture Erin, 10/7/17, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

This venue is absolutely gorgeous. They provide so much for their clients such as suites to get ready in, two ceremony locations, tables and chairs, engagement shoot locations, beautiful scenery, wedding coordinators, bartenders... you name it! Harry is great to work with as well. The day went so smoothly. I could not have asked for a better venue for such a great price!

Profile Picture Faith, 8/5/17, 1 Review
4.7

Harry and his team were great to work with from the our very first visit to the farm, to our wedding day itself. One of the reasons we chose On Sunny Slope Farm was just in case we had a weather situation, we would have a back-up plan. Unfortunately, we DID have a weather situation, and Harry and his team moved into action quickly to help us still have the prettiest wedding and reception inside the tent as possible. I would highly recommend On Sunny Slope to any couple or family looking to have a gorgeous venue, with a top notch team, and good value. We loved it and hope to have another family event on the Farm in the future!

Profile Picture Heidi, 7/29/17, 4 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: Parking, Wheelchair Access, Linens, Indoor, Scenic Views, Uncovered Outdoor, Outside Vendors, Bridal Suite, Clean Up, Event Rentals, Pet Friendly, Set Up, Wireless Internet, Altar/Arches, Chairs, Dance Floor, Furniture, Tables

I fell in love the moment I saw the photos and I'm happy to say it lived up to them. Harry and his staff were great to work with and made the day go pretty easily. The price is great and you get so much for it. I highly recommend getting at On Sunny Slope Farm!

Profile Picture Meg, 6/11/17, 4 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: Uncovered Outdoor, Audio Equipment, Chairs, Dance Floor, Furniture, Tables, Tents, Parking, Wheelchair Access, Linens, Outside Vendors, Bridal Suite, Event Planning, Liability Insurance, Pet Friendly, Set Up, Wireless Internet

My husband and I married on June 9th, 2017 and we had the PERFECT wedding at Sunny slope farm. We decided to marry at the "Chapel" and we don't regret our decision one bit. The venue is absolutely gorgeous!! On our wedding day there were white butterflies flying around the aisle, perfect weather and we ended the night with a gorgeous full moon. Working with Harry was such a pleasure, he was always responsive, clear on details and cost of venue and was PATIENT every step of the way. Never hesitated to answer all of my extensive questions and helped us every step of the way. His staff that we worked with for our bar package were professional and kept a smile on their face during the entire time! I wish I could relive the day again!!

Profile Picture Kathy, 6/9/17, 3 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: Bridal Suite, Clean Up, Liability Insurance, Altar/Arches, Audio Equipment, Chairs, Dance Floor, Tables, Tents, Barware, Linens, Covered Outdoor, Scenic Views, Uncovered Outdoor

Very happy to have chosen this place for my wedding ceremony and reception. Great location. Great view. Harry was pleasant to work with. If I could do it all over again I wouldn't change a thing

Profile Picture shweta, 4/27/17, 8 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

We cannot say enough great things about On Sunny Slope Farm. My husband and I were married at On Sunny Slope Farm in October. Since we do not live close to Harrisonburg, most of our interactions with Harry were over Skype. Harry was so easy to work with and was very responsive to our questions. The venue is BEAUTIFUL. All of our guests commented on how gorgeous the farm was and couldn't believe we found such a perfect place. I would recommend this venue to anyone who is looking. I know we will look back on our wedding day for years to come and remember the great experience we had at On Sunny Slope Farm.

Profile Picture Joni, 10/29/16, 7 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: Parking, Bridal Suite, Clean Up, Lighting/Sound, Set Up, Outside Alcohol, Flatware, Linens, Altar/Arches, Audio Equipment, Chairs, Dance Floor, Decor, Furniture, Lighting, Tables, Tent Accessories, Tents, Uncovered Outdoor

Easy hassle free place, a little more expensive but worth the money for everything they do to take care of you!

Profile Picture Nathan, 10/28/16, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: Bartender(s), Bridal Suite, Clean Up, Lighting/Sound, Set Up, Covered Outdoor, Parking, Barware, Linens, Audio Equipment, Chairs, Dance Floor, Drapery, Lighting, Tables

Having our wedding at On Sunny Slope Farm was a joy. They were there for every little detail, and really put our minds at ease. Harry and the rest of the staff were incredibly communicative and easy to work with, and the farm, of course, is beyond beautiful. We would definitely recommend this to other couples.

Profile Picture Lena, 10/21/16, 1 Review
Category: Unique Services (Other)

Words fall flat as I try to describe how wonderful my experience was with On Sunny Slope Farm. This venue embodies the perfect combination of class, country charm, and natural beauty. The pleasantry of the venue is match by the outstanding actions and attitudes of the venue staff. You would be ridiculous to book your wedding anywhere else.

Profile Picture Jessica, 10/16/16, 3 Reviews
Category: Unique Services (Other)

Harry and the staff at On Sunny Slope Farm were wonderful! We had such a great time, and had to do a lot of improvisation since Hurricane Matthew came through on our wedding day. They were extremely helpful in the process and had a contingency plan that worked out perfectly. Taylor served as our coordinator on the day of, and knew exactly how to keep things under control. Thank you to all of the staff! I would highly recommend On Sunny Slope Farm to all of my friends getting married.

Profile Picture Kristen, 10/8/16, 1 Review
Category: Unique Services (Other)

Wouldn't have changed a thing! Even on an overcast day the location was still gorgeous. It rained a bit during the reception and I never even noticed!! Danced the night away without a care thanks to the excellent and helpful staff! Planning was a breeze and the meetings up to the wedding wit staff were incredibly helpful. I will recommend this place to everyone!!!!

Profile Picture Jessica, 10/7/16, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Unique Services (Other)

Sunny Slope Farms was an amazing place to get married at. My fiancé and I had a beautiful wedding and enjoyed our time their. The venue is a beautiful place and we got to use many of the facilities their on the farm.

Profile Picture Hope, 10/1/16, 1 Review
Category: Unique Services (Other)

My husband and I had such a great experience at On Sunny Slope Farm! Harry and all of his staff was so friendly and professional! They really make you feel like you are the only one they are working with through the whole process. And the venue is absolutely STUNNING. Everyone comments on how gorgeous the scenery was. I highly recommend On Sunny Slope Farm!

Profile Picture Rachel, 9/23/16, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Booked this venue for our wedding. Visiting the venue was just love at first sight. There is so much included in the fee for the facility. The mountain views are breathtaking. Harry has been an amazing communicator so far. Can't wait for our big day. Will be doing another review at that time!

Profile Picture User4996544, 1+ year ago, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: Barware, Linens, Bridal Suite, Clean Up, Lighting/Sound, Set Up, Parking, Wheelchair Access, Covered Outdoor, Audio Equipment, Chairs, Dance Floor, Lighting, Tables, Tents

I loved working with Harry and his staff! They were always willing to help out. Taylor was great and she truly made my day run so smoothly! Also the views are gorgeous on top of this amazing staff! Thanks so much for making our special day turn out so wonderful!

Profile Picture Alina, 8/13/16, 1 Review
Category: Unique Services (Other)

We had our wedding at On Sunny Slope Farm on a beautiful June weekend and the experience could not have been better. The scenery stole the show and everyone had a simply wonderful time from dancing to corn hole to just taking in the view. Harry and his staff were responsive, accommodating, and professional throughout the whole process from planning to getting hitched, and the value cannot be matched.

Ours is a day we'll treasure forever and we sincerely thank everyone for making it so lovely. We can't recommend On Sunny Slope highly enough!

Profile Picture Kelly, 6/19/16, 4 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: Bridal Suite, Clean Up, Set Up, Barware, Linens, Covered Outdoor, Altar/Arches, Chairs, Dance Floor, Drapery, Furniture, Tables, Tent Accessories, Tents, Parking

This is a great wedding location. The staff is very helpful and accommodating. This is definitely a worthwhile choice for a wedding.

Profile Picture User5096829, 1+ year ago, 9 Reviews
Category: Unique Services (Other)

Book it! It is reasonably priced, Harry is organized, and your day will run smoothly!

Profile Picture User7418544, 1+ year ago, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

I couldn't have asked for a better wedding venue. Sunny Slope was everything I was looking for visually for my wedding day. The cost, friendlyness, care, and help we received was just the icing on the cake. I tell everyone I know about this venue! I would recommend it to ANYONE!

Profile Picture Melanie, 5/28/16, 1 Review
Category: Unique Services (Other)

Choosing On Sunny Slope Farm as our wedding venue was one of the best decision my husband and I made! My family is originally from California & Mexico and they absolutely loved the views! All of our guest were impressed with not just the venue but the support and professionalism of the staff! Harry and his staff truly did all they could to ensure that we had a great day! I would recommend this venue to everyone!

Profile Picture Abigail, 5/27/16, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

We had an amazing time at our wedding On Sunny Slope Farm! We wanted a venue that captured the beauty of the Valley and Sunny Slope really does. Everything from our first tour of the farm to the day of our wedding was fairly simple with Harry & his staff. So much is included and/or available through the venue (tables, chairs, napkins, cups, staff for busing/assisting throughout the night, etc.). We didn't have to work with rental companies or think about returning napkins the morning after our wedding! We didn't have to worry about anything throughout the entire weekend - it was all taken care of for us. If we asked, it happened. We also wanted to find a venue that allowed us to bring our own alcohol. Brian, the bartender available through OSSF, was great! He checked in as needed pre-wedding & was helpful throughout the process with our requests & questions.

One huge factor was being able to purchase an early decoration package for the day before the wedding. It's only available if the date is free and we were lucky it was! It relieved a lot of stress - particularly for me, since I was able to help setup and see everything beforehand.

The whole vibe of the venue is very laid back - which is what we wanted. It's a beautiful venue with a peaceful feel and a 360 view of beautiful scenery. I had a few comments of "This is exactly the kind of wedding I want!" which was a nice bonus! :) THANK YOU to all On Sunny Slope Farm for the most amazing wedding day!!

Profile Picture Emily, 5/14/16, 2 Reviews