Omni Severin Hotel Reviews

Omni Severin Hotel 5
Omni Severin Hotel 6
Omni Severin Hotel 7

Sharon S. · Married on 12/30/2018

Special venue and special treatment!

This is just a wonderful place for a wedding. We had 120 guests including 8 children, a severely handicapped teen, a few elderly with health issues and a number from international locales around the world so we were very careful about picking a beautiful venue that showed attention to detail. We worked with Tara Wrin as the Omni coordinator. She was terrific. I can't say enough about her organization and ability to help think through issues or considerations, and make recommendations. Our daughter's wedding at the Omni included the ceremony in their ballroom (looked like a lovely wedding chapel), cocktails in the mezzanine, dinner in the Severin lobby (complete with the beautiful staircase) and then dancing in the converted ballroom. I wondered whether the food would be as good as the tasting and it was! While there was another big wedding in the hotel the night before ours and 4 other wedding blocks we still felt very special. We also had a wedding brunch the next morning. Again, it was well done. Lastly, we wanted special attention on the guests that I mentioned above, especially the teen. At my request the Omni staff identified one of their staff, Alesha, to pay special attention to their needs (really to the teen and the teen's parent) and our guests complimented the attention paid to them. My daughter and son-in-law said they would do it all over again at the Omni (so would I as the MOB who was also the wedding planner). It is a beautiful venue, competitively priced, had delicious food, friendly and helpful staff and people, and a process that is easy to work with and organized. Thank you Tara and the Omni Severin!

Sent on 01/03/2019
  • Kristy

Kristy · Married on 10/27/2018

Wedding Venue :)

I don't know where to start! The Omni Severin Hotel went above and beyond! Stephanie Burkhart was amazing from start to finish! The hotel is beautiful and I received so many compliments on my wedding! :) I really can't thank Stephanie and the staff of the Omni enough. You guys made my wedding unforgettable, and helped me so much during wedding planning! Stephanie helped me modify the menu for special requests and allergies, she even made it so that I could use the Omni shuttle to get to the church, on really short notice. Thanks for everything! If you are getting married in Indianapolis, have your wedding here!!!

Sent on 11/09/2018

Lauren · Married on 07/21/2018

Absolutely amazing venue!!!! I highly recommend the Omni Severin. Our wedding was perfect thanks to Tara Wrin at the Omni. The staff and venue itself are perfect and magical for any wedding. The hotel treated us like celebrities. Food was amazing and service fabulous! Thank you so much!!

Sent on 08/31/2018

Katy · Married on 04/15/2017

We had our wedding here in April it was so amazing!! Tara worked hard to make sure that everything came together and made sure to help me get the best for my money! It was an amazing wedding and a wonderful day! Thank you Omni for making is so special!!!

Sent on 12/11/2017

Linda · Married on 04/01/2017

Our experience last weekend at The Omni Severin was perfect! Erica and staff went above & beyond to make sure all details were executed on time and as arranged. I cannot say enough about the dinner! The food was expedited quickly, it was hot (we had salmon and filet), nothing was overcooked and the wait staff was more than accommodating to our guests. Everyone was talking about what a spectacular job they did! The recent renovations to the property are beautiful and I am beyond happy that our bride & groom chose the Omni for their wedding venue! Definitely 5 stars!!

Sent on 04/07/2017

Katie · Married on 09/24/2016

Out of all of the choices we had to make for our wedding, choosing the Omni for our ceremony and reception was one of the best ones we made. Erica jumped in part way through our wedding planning process and had me feeling that everything was taken care of. Everything from our room to the cocktail hour, ceremony, and reception space was close together which was a big plus for us. We'd definitely choose the Omni all over again.

Sent on 10/31/2016

Megan · Married on 08/20/2016

I am so glad we choose the Omni. It is a beautiful hotel, and not just the ballrooms but the guest rooms were as well. I worked with Erica during the planning and on my wedding day. She was professional, helpful, and always did her best to accommodate my requests as well as my guests on the big day. The location is convenient right downtown and the food was amazing. I would absolutely use this hotel again, and recommend it to anyone searching in the downtown area. .

Sent on 09/03/2016

Debi · Married on 05/21/2016

Amanda Smale is AMAZING! She was attentive and made the evening go smoothly. I appreciated her willingness to be flexible. The entire staff was attentive. The food was DELICIOUS! My husband thought the beef was the best he'd eaten in years.

Sent on 05/27/2016

Rose · Married on 02/20/2016

I cannot thank Erica Zook (Catering Sales Manger), Roberto Cantera & Humberto Quintero (Catering Mangers) and all the Omni Severin Hotel staff for treating our once-in -a life-time event like their own. I highly recommend this venue for your wedding or special event. From the moment I walked in the hotel on the weekend of our event, I was greeted by managers and put at ease as they made themselves available for whatever I needed. I was given ample time to prepare and the staff was already two steps ahead of me. I was able to enjoy our special day without undue stress of unfinished details. Our guests loved the food and said it was one of the most beautiful weddings they've ever attended! They loved that the cermony,dinner and reception was all in one location. It is a blessing to be able to look back on our big day and just SMILE. No mishaps! No regrets! Thanks Again!!

Sent on 03/07/2016
  • User4202473 · 2+ years ago

This hotel was beautiful but more than that, their wedding coordinator rocked my socks. She took care of everything for us - what was required and so much more! Any questions we had (and we had a lot), she got back to us asap. On our wedding day she was on top of things before I knew they needed someone on top of them (ha!). I had zero stress at all - everything was done extremely well and efficiently. I cannot think of a better place to have a wedding. I would love if my friends got to experience the professionalism of this place for their weddings as well! i had a great time working with the Omni and they really did make my day special and stress free.

Sent on 06/25/2014

Vickie · Married on 08/24/2013

My daughter and son-in-law got married last weekend. The wedding and reception were both there. It was absolutely beautiful and our guests were all very complimentary. I don't know where to start but I will begin with Meaghan our wedding planner. She is fabulous and so professional, perfect and punctual. If you want to plan a wedding and have someone that remembers everything for you,then I recommend the Omni and Meaghan. We booked over 80 rooms and all of the guests got a reasonable rate and were treated wonderfully. The accommodations are excellent and the location is so convenient for guests. The entire staff is so polite and helpful. The food was delicious too. We had so many compliments on the filet and the chicken. The room was absolutely beautiful and everything was awesome. I could go on and on about it. I was a very happy Mother of the Bride, but best of all so was the Father of the Bride. He said, "They promised, and they delivered, I wouldn't have changed a thing." Please don't hesitate to have your wedding and reception here. It's excellent.

Sent on 08/29/2013

Megan · Married on 06/29/2012

Loved everything about this venue! Had both my ceremony and reception here, which was especially great for out-of-town guests...no one got lost trying to get from the ceremony to the reception.

I received many, many compliments from guests on how nice the hotel was; how great it was that the ceremony, reception, and hotel rooms were all at the same place; how close it was to everything downtown; and how excellent the food was! My bridal party and I also had our makeup/hair done in the bridal suite at the hotel, which was very convenient. Plus, their bridal suite is beyond gorgeous!
    They also provide you with a coordinator when you book--my coordinator was Kate, and she was absolutely wonderful to work with.

I did a TON of research when planning my wedding, and I can honestly say that this place truly gives you the most bang for your buck. You get so much here that's included in the wedding package--a great dinner and a dessert bar, a beautiful space, a night in the bridal suite (plus a coupon for a stay on your 1-year anniversary), all set up and tear down is taken care of, there's no cake cutting fee, and they provide a lot of things that other places force you to rent or buy yourself (linens, china, chair covers and sashes, etc.). They were also really good about the room block--a lot of my friends procrastinated and booked their rooms after the cut-off date, but were still allowed to get the discounted room rate, which I know many places won't do.

Would absolutely recommend the Omni to anyone looking at getting married in the Indy area--you will not regret it!

Sent on 07/11/2012

Jacqueline · Married on 06/03/2012

The Omni Severin is a romantic, gorgeous, and unique place to be married. So much is included in the package price, that most of your wedding needs are taken care of simply by booking here. The two-floor bridal suite that is included is SO WORTH IT!!

Beyond what you can see on paper, you get an incredibly professional and knowledgeable location manager (we had Maxie Lieberman and she is AWESOME!!). She helped us pick the best appetizers, suggest good layouts for the room, navigate the block of rooms and allowed us to really relax.

As if Maxie wasn't enough, the entire rest of the staff was fabulous as well. They greeted us so warmly the entire weekend and I heard several friends and family members rave about how happy and positive they were, from the servers to the front desk to the valet service. It was actually really sad when we had to finally check out and go on our honeymoon. No other hotel will ever come close to what we experienced with the Omni Severin.

Sent on 06/12/2012
  • Courtney

Courtney · Married on 04/28/2012

We had our ceremony and reception at the Omni Severin so dinner was included with the total package but let me tell you, it was delicious. With 200 guests at the wedding, you kind-of prepare for something to go wrong, but the Omni was completely professional and elegant - it was perfect. The three courses arrived in perfect timing and were served with complete elegance. It was very fancy and the food was nice and hot. We are still getting raves from our guests on how good the food and dessert bar (included in the wedding package) were!!

Sent on 05/15/2012

Susan · Married on 10/11/2011

We had a fantastic wedding ceremony and reception here. Could not sing their praises enough. It was flawless, thanks to our wedding coordinator provided by the Omni. We received so many complements from guests about it. Our ceremony to cocktail hour to dinner to dancing flowed so well. Not to mention the stunning facility. As far as value, no additional fees for tables, chairs, table cloths, seat covers, sashes around seat covers. The wait staff was phenomenal, so polite, asked if I wanted a drink or extra salad, or what ever I wanted while I spoke with my guests. We were so pleased!

Sent on 10/22/2011

We loved absolutely EVERYTHING about our wedding reception at the Omni! Our wedding coordinator,Amber, was fabulous and helped us to make our evening personal. Amber was always around to answer questions and make changes to plans. The reception went perfectly and our guests had a great time!!

Sent on 10/11/2011

Kristen · Married on 08/12/2011

Loved working with Amber. She is amazing!

Sent on 08/30/2011

Lisa · Married on 05/14/2011

Absolutely GORGEOUS venue! The Omni Severin Hotel is the perfect place to get married in Indianapolis. From the beautiful Omni Severin ballroom and lobby and bridal suite to the delicious food and great service, the Omni Severin Hotel is hard to beat.

Our wedding coordinator, Maureen Boulanger, took great care of us. In addition, the staff did everything they could to mak our Big Day perfect. My husband, family, guests, and I couldn't not have asked for a better experience. We HIGHLY recommend the Omni Severin to brides in the Indy area!

Sent on 07/11/2011

Tara · Married on 10/16/2010

I had the privilege of working with Amber at the Omni. She was absolutely amazing. I couldn't say enough nice things about this venue! So I'll start at the beginning.

When I first started working with the Omni, Rebecca was the sales & catering manager. She was very professional and was able to work with my budget to get me everything I wanted! What I liked most about her was that the Omni was the first place I visited. I knew going into my search, that I wanted the Omni (but I didn't tell them that), but I wanted to look around anyways. Rebecca had asked me what other places I was visiting and she gave me the pros and cons of each of the locations! Of course she was comparing them to the Omni with the cons, but I really respected the fact that she gave me all the pros too.

When Rebecca left, she emailed me right away with her decision to be closer to her daughter and that I would be working with Amber. I then met with Amber and we went over my menu. They even had the director sit in on our consultation so everything would go over smoothly.

When I got to the Omni a couple of days before the wedding, Eric (the bell hop) was wonderful! He helped me get all of my boxes to Amber.

The rehearsal ran so smoothly. Amber was there and made sure everything was perfect. I gave the contact information of my other vendors to her and she took care of everything ot make sure they were there on time.

The day of the wedding was perfect. I stopped by the ballroom in the afternoon. The seats had the programs sitting on them. The chairs were set up. It was beautiful! The dinner was wonderful of course too! My only complaint was that 1.) they carded ME, the bride! They should've carded everyone during the rehearsal or early in the day. Since we had the ceremony, cocktail hour and reception @ the Omni, nobody had their IDs on them. and 2.) they waited too long after the salad to serve the entree.

Sent on 11/02/2010

Kelsey · Married on 12/08/2007

Fantastic service! The Omni came with a wedding coordinator that was committed to my wedding throughout the entire planning process. The ballroom in this hotel is gorgeous!

Sent on 01/06/2008

Shannon · Married on 08/05/2007

Everyone at the Omni was fabulous! One of the servers even carried my plate around our buffett for me so that I did not have to. The Omni made it easy because all rentals and linens are included in the price of the food! You can not find a more beautiful venue in the Indianapolis area!

Sent on 07/02/2008

Annie · Married on 04/07/2007

This location is absolutely beautiful. It has a sophisticated elegance and a lot of character. We had our own wedding planner provided by the Omni and she was exceptional. I had the wedding of my dreams thanks to the Omni.

Sent on 09/27/2008

We held our daughter's wedding reception at the Omni recently and they did a wonderful job. Very organized and the food was great. It was a perfect reception!

Sent on 10/23/2013

Alexa · Married on 06/10/2017

This venue was fantastic! Everything was very easy and streamlined, and the staff was very responsive and flexible. The upstairs was beautiful for the cocktail hour, and the dinner was a great set-up. Food was some of the best I've had at a wedding. Coordinating with the DJ and florist went well. The renovated ballroom for dancing was absolutely gorgeous! The lighting created the perfect atmosphere for dancing and fun. I highly recommend this venue, especially if you have family and friends coming from out-of-town - it makes it easy for them to head to their rooms afterwards, and transportation from the airport is easy. THANK YOU!!!

Sent on 12/12/2017