Omega Sound & Entertainment Reviews

92 | Slidell, LA

92 Reviews for Omega Sound & Entertainment

Thomas · Married on 10/06/2018

My wife and I always said, that the most important part of our wedding needed to be the music. I now know, that the most important part is the person playing that music. David and his team made our already special evening that much more. In what I would call a dream scenario, David gave Ashley and I a personalized pro wrestling promo while introducing our wedding party as well as ourselves. He worked hand in hand with us for weeks prior perfecting the feel and tunes we wanted for the wedding, and on the night of, executed it to perfection.

David and his team show the true meaning of hospitality and professionalism and I highly recommend this crew to play your wedding. You will not be disappointed.

Jessica · Married on 09/22/2018

David was very easy to communicate with and pay. He took our notes of what were looking for and took it from there; easy to work with. Afterwards, numerous guests were complimentary of his style. We highly recommend working with him!

Kyle · Married on 03/31/2018

Absolutely excellent, both in terms of organization/communication and on execution on the night of the wedding. David did an incredible job of energizing the crowd and planning the playlist. Highly recommended!!

Carl · Married on 05/28/2017

David "Storm" of Omega Sound & Entertainment DJ'ed both our engagement party and our wedding/reception and we simply could not be more pleased with the amazing job he did. He was fun, friendly, and engaging, and he went out of his way to ensure that everything was exactly perfect for our special day. He also went to great lengths to accommodate a few special requests we had. I simply cannot recommend David or Omega more highly.

Rebecca · Married on 03/25/2017

David is amazing! I wouldn’t have had my dream wedding without him. David was there every step of the way. He captured every detail plus more. I am so truly blessed to have worked with David and would recommend him to anyone!

Mary · Married on 03/24/2017

I loved working with Omega Sound- they were helpful from the very start! They are super professional and have a ton of experience. I would use their online system as much as you can so you can include (and start thinking about) all the great details! They were amazing to work with in such a stressful time that weddings can be.

• Elizabeth

Elizabeth · Married on 11/12/2016

David "Storm" Manning was so great to us! We got married on Nov. 12 at the Audubon Clubhouse Cafe and he was professional, thoughtful, and just so fun! He spent loads of time with me on the phone as we worked to get our set list just right and made very helpful suggestions as well as being willing to accommodate our limited budget. Music was very important to us for the wedding and he hit it out of the park. He even helped us coordinate our top secret "Blues Brothers" routine that came off just right and was a fun surprise for our friends and family. A++ all the way!

Laura · Married on 11/04/2016

From the first time I spoke to David over the phone, I felt comfortable right away and got a great feeling that he would do an excellent job at our wedding reception. He definitely delivered! Throughout the entire planning process, Omega Sound made it easy to create request lists with their online system, and any other questions or requests I had were taken care of over the phone. David even called me a couple days before the wedding to go over the reception timeline and requests and to make sure I was happy with everything. Our guests had an awesome time dancing and singing to crowd-pleaser songs; David knew exactly what to play, and also played our requested songs. He also did a phenomenal job emceeing the event. The transitions from the speeches, to cake cutting, to the last call were seamless. Omega Sound is very pleasant to work with, very professional, and very fun! Highly recommend!

Kali · Married on 10/07/2016

Can't say enough how amazing David was as an MC and DJ at our wedding! Thank you for helping create an incredible night for us!

Chris · Married on 03/19/2016

Dj Rusty and Dj David made our reception perfect! I mean perfect!!!!
    We realized that entertainment is the most important part of the evening and Omego made it happen. We had a very complicated timeline: 2 performers, 2 dance breaks, a grooms speech and 4 intros by Dj Rusty, all done perfectly!!

Ashley · Married on 03/19/2016

We had an amazing wedding thanks to DJ Kevin!!!! We loved working with Omega and would recommend them to anyone!! Thank you so much!

Becky · Married on 03/19/2016

I went with Omega Sound & Entertainment for my reception because I had not only read great reviews about them, but I also heard it from people I know. DJ David "Storm" was awesome! I was able to communicate with him ideas that I had, and he was always on the same page as me, and willing to make those ideas happen at the reception. The dance floor was never empty because people were having such a great time. I am still having people tell me that it's the most fun they have ever had at a wedding reception! We can't thank David enough for helping keep the party going! By the way, they also provided beautiful uplighting and a custom logo projected on the floor called a "gobo" which both looked amazing! I highly recommend Omega Sound & Entertainment to anyone who is looking to have a great time with lots of dancing at their reception! :)

Marissa · Married on 03/12/2016

DJ Bo and David put on the party of our lives! They stuck to the majority of the playlist we requested and if they went off, played music that stayed in the general theme to keep everybody moving. They know what they are doing! The attendants at my venue said they had not had a crowd as fun as ours in awhile and I owe that to Omega Sound! If you want to leave your wedding feeling as though you have danced the night away and everyone has had the party of their lives, have Omega do your music! From the very first time I called the office to the very end of our wedding reception, everyone at Omega was extremely professional, nice, and focused on us (the bride and groom). I recommend them highly and if I ever need a DJ in the future, will be going directly to them! Thanks so much David and Bo!

Jen · Married on 03/11/2016

David held a beautiful, sweet ceremony for us mixed with tears and laughter. Then transitioned flawlessly to our DJ to get the party started. I was a little weary of having my DJ as my officiant but it worked out perfectly. David wears both hats very well. Party was rocking, ceremony was touching.

Alyse · Married on 11/21/2015

David did an amazing job for our wedding! He played everuthing we wanted plus more with great taste! Tammy helped me with everything I needed to do/know also! The whole team is great.
    He kept the crowd alive and the dance floor always had people on it! I had some special request through out the night and he nailed them all! I highly recommend Omega to everyone! They did a great job on the up lighting too!
    Hands down, best choice.
    Very satisfied bride!

Matt · Married on 10/24/2015

I can HIGHLY recommend Omega for your wedding music needs. My personal touch at the wedding was the music, and I had a very specific idea of what I wanted. After all, the music creates the mood for the entire night. The online form they use to request songs is very efficient, and they were willing and able to find a few very random songs that weren’t in their database.
    On the day of the wedding, everything went how I pictured. Every song that I wanted played was played at the exact time I wanted it. Rusty kept things fun and everything went very smoothly. He even got the crowd cheering when he grabbed the mic and performed Uptown Funk! You wont be disappointed.

Omega Sound really brought our wedding to life. David Storm was great. He kept everyone on the dance floor, was super nice and had lots of energy. He even sang a song or two and had the audience sing along on the microphone with him. His website featured a mock wedding which was really helpful to get an idea of what the DJ would sound like on our wedding day. The web portal made it easy to select music for our big day. He was accommodating to our guest with special request songs and helped us pull off our bridal party flash mob.

Jenna · Married on 02/21/2015

I do t even know where to begin... Omega was the best decision I ever made! The lighting was stunning and the gobo was way better then I expected! The online planning was easy and fun! Tammy went WAY beyond to help me with everything from recommending vendors, helping with music and decor, to just making me feel important! The DJ was so fun and did an amazing job! No one left the dance floor! He was kind and professional and made us feel like royalty! I can not recommend or say enough about this company!

We were assigned to DJ Chad. He was professional and well-spoken. Our guests had fun. I had many songs on my 'do not play' list and Chad stuck to it. I know for a fact that at least one song on the 'do not play' list was requested. He took requests and kept our guests excited. Omega Sound's website was very easy to use. I made regular online payments. I also really liked their online timeline and song request service. It was easy to use and really made me think about what music I did and didn't want to hear. Everything went very smoothly.

Susan · Married on 10/17/2014

Omega Sound and Chad made our reception a memorable event. Chad was wonderful, he introduced himself to us, to let us know if there was anything we needed to please let us know. I spoke with him before our wedding day, to go over any last minute details. I would recommend Omega Sound DJ and Chad to anyone for their wedding or reception, you will not be disappointed.

Thank you Chad and Tammy for everything!!

Sincerely,
    Susan and Shawn Hayes

The DJ for our wedding was Chad P. He was WONDERFUL! Everyone had a great time-- people were up and dancing the entire reception. He was really interactive with the crowd, and I loved how he would move around the dance floor instead of staying behind his equipment. We had over 175 people at our wedding, and everyone we have talked to has said how great our DJ was. I am so glad that I chose Omega Sound, especially Chad P, to be our DJ for our reception. He had great ideas for our reception and was so accommodating. I could not ask for more!

Victoria · Married on 09/20/2014

Omega Sound and Entertainment was our #1 choice for our wedding. Our preferred DJ (the groom's friend) was unavailable for our date, we were sad, but still convinced we wanted Omega.

We were assured the DJ available, Kevin Martino, was a top notch DJ. We were excited to find out Kevin was willing to travel 5 hours from New Orleans to Shreveport, without charging us a travel fee. Instead of paying a travel fee, the company requested we pay for two nights for a hotel, which was fine. We were just glad we didn't have to pay a travel fee on top of that.

The wireless audio system that was hooked up during the ceremony worked out perfectly, even though the ceremony space was down the hill from the reception space, where the DJ had all of his gear. The audio was clean with no interference, which allowed our guests to be able to hear and enjoy what was happening during the ceremony.

During the reception, Kevin was top-notch. Having a really great dance floor was one of the groom's number 1 requests, and Kevin had no trouble keeping the dance floor full. He even played a salsa song as a special request from my hispanic family.

My only complaint is a few things were skipped over when the DJ was announcing the different events, like my sorority song presentation, the groom's cake cutting, my maid of honor and matron of honor speeches ... which had me running over last minute to the DJ table to let him know. Now, full disclosure, that issue may be my groom's fault for not including it in the timeline that was submitted to the DJ, or the best man's fault for not hand delivering my timeline to the DJ. No idea.

Either way, the DJ was quick to announce what I requested him to.

Overall Kevin did a fine job of keeping the party going.
    I've been to more than 100 weddings as a wedding videographer and I'd have to say Kevin's work at my wedding was excellent compared to the dozens of work I've seen other DJ's do at weddings.

Thanks Omega!

• Tiffany

Tiffany · Married on 09/05/2014

Chad was great to work with. He helped us in the song selection process and answered any questions we may have had. He was always prompt with his response. He entertained my guests so well, I'm still receiving compliments weeks later!!

Steve · Married on 08/02/2014

There aren't enough words to describe the experience David Storm and Omega Sound and Entertainment created for our destination wedding at The Galvez Restaurant in The French Quarter. All of our guests commented on the fantastic musical selections that kept all of our guests dancing and the gorgeous lighting that set the mood. David kept the night flowing well with his professional but easy style on the mic as well. His attention to detail was second to none and every wedding would be lucky to have him at their wedding.

We would be more than confident to recommend Omega to any type of event, anywhere, for any budget. We'd give anything to go back and relive the party Omega helped create for us.

Thanks a million, David and staff!

An awesome playlist can definitely set the tone at a wedding. And “DJ Kra-Z” Kevin Martino killed it! He had 175 crazy people on their feet for hours, dancing and cheering. Across the board, the Omega folks were easy to work with and quick to respond. Kevin called us a few days before the wedding to discuss what type of music we like, as well as songs that should not be played. He did a fantastic job reading people and playing music that kept people of differing ages happy. From the first dance to the "best wishes" dance and the amazing last song that had everyone screaming at the top of their lungs, we could not compliment him enough. He definitely amped up the energy among the guests, which came in handy for the post-wedding second line. If you want the dance floor crowded all night, don't hesitate to hire Omega Sound and especially DJ Kevin for your wedding!