Olympia Catering & Events Reviews

265 | Tampa, FL

265 Reviews for Olympia Catering & Events

Nicole · Getting married on 11/13/2021

Olympia Catering is the best food in Tampa!! Not only is the food amazing, they provided beautiful linens and centerpieces for my wedding. For my wedding cake, they made carrot cake and it is the BEST carrot cake I have ever had!! Thanks so much to the staff at Olympia Catering..especially Sherri!!

Sent on 12/13/2012
  • Kelli

Kelli Young · Married on 09/26/2020

Delicious!!

Sherri and staff were so professional and the food was absolutely amazing. Everything was just as good as our initial tasting appointment in January. All of the guests commented on how fabulous the food was and Sherri goes above and beyond to ensure the cocktail hour and reception is perfect. Planning a wedding during the pandemic created some last minute changes for us but Sherri was always flexible and willing to help us. We were so happy with our choice to book Olympia and would not have changed a thing!

Sent on 09/30/2020
  • Michelle

Michelle Cordova · Married on 09/19/2020

Delicious!

All my guests loved the catered food for our wedding by Olympia Catering. They said that it was not your typical boring wedding food, which is usually lack luster, but that the food was delicious! The tasting was great, and Ms. Sherri Salsbury is truly a gem and helped us so much in choosing our menu! Loved it!

Sent on 10/20/2020
  • Jessica

Jessica · Married on 08/22/2020

Food was amazing !

Olympia surpasses our expectations! The food was absolutely amazing, all of our guest enjoyed their meals. Mrs. Sherri and her team were prepared for anything that came their way. We had a slight change of plans the day of our wedding due to weather conditions but due to the extra preparation of Mrs. Sherri and her team the day went on without anyone noticing. For future events I would for sure book Olympia again !

Sent on 10/15/2020
  • Sara

Sara · Married on 02/02/2020

Everything was fantastic

Sherry was a gem. Loved working with her and the staff. Food was on time and everything was hot and deliciously tasting. We had no complaints about the food, service, and the staff looked professional. The Banquet host ensured we all had appetizers and that our drinks were full and ensured we were cared for the entire evening. Cannot thank them enough for adding to such a great experience!

Sent on 03/07/2020
  • Kaley

Kaley Groh · Married on 01/18/2020

Delicious and professional

Olympia catering was delicious! We had a buffet at our wedding for 150 people. They actually served us (the bride and groom) a plated dinner while everyone else went through the line so we actually had a chance to eat at our own wedding! Everything from the tasting to the cake serving was perfect.

Sent on 02/17/2020
  • Lynn

Lynn · Married on 11/30/2019

Wow! They were amazing!

Where to start? The food was fabulous. Guests began pulling me aside during the cocktail hour with rave reviews. Every entree was delicious. A few people even told me the filet was one of the very best they’d eaten—it was miles better than the one we had at a local restaurant during the rehearsal dinner the night before. I don’t know how food tastes that good and is at the perfect temperature made on location. Beyond that, Sherri was exceptionally flexible and patient through ALL my changes as the menu vision evolved. And—many, many people went out of their way to complement the serving staff—genuinely friendly, always checking in, forever gracious. Everything from beginning to the ending midnight soup shooters and pie bar was stellar. Very, very happy with this choice. You won’t regret choosing Olympia as your caterer.

Sent on 12/02/2019
  • Courtney

Courtney · Married on 11/30/2019

Exceptional service

I worked with Nancy for a year and unfortunately she got very sick the week of my wedding. She introduced me to Staci who would be my day of coordinator. I was honestly freaking out a little...until I met her. She exceeded all of my expectations and the entire day went flawlessly. If I could give Staci 10 stars I would, she was that amazing.

The food was also very good and I received many compliments from the guests. Everyone said the servers were awesome, professional and very attentive.

I am very pleased with the service I received and highly recommend them to everyone.

Sent on 12/16/2019
  • Sarah

Sarah · Married on 10/12/2019

Flexible & Always Helpful

Olympia catering was fabulous in attending to everything we wanted for our big day. We had dozens of options to choose from, and the day-of staff was so sweet- constantly waiting on us and making our guests feel so special! I even messaged them the day before because I had forgotten about a vegan guest, and they were so accommodating and made sure she had a plate that fit her dietary needs. We had the peach and red onion jam chicken, roasted red potatoes, southern green beans, and yummy strawberry salad for supper. Cocktail hour appetizers were such a huge hit- pork sliders, fried mac n cheese, sriracha deviled eggs and chicken n waffle bites! Everything was fabulous and I would absolutely recommend the Olympia Catering team for your big day.

Sent on 01/04/2020

Laralee · Married on 10/05/2019

Absolutely amazing!

Nancy and her team are nothing short of absolutely incredible! I had sooooo many people compliment the food that we had at our wedding and it was all thanks to Nancy and the wonderful people at Olympia! I highly recommend them for your next event!

Sent on 10/12/2019

Olympia Catering & Events's reply:

Thank you so much Laralee! It was wonderful working with you and being part of your wedding at the MFA!
  • Monique

Monique Gardner · Married on 06/08/2019

Best catering in tampa/st pete

Olympia was an absolute perfect choice for our wedding! They were amazing from the very beginning as they helped us choose the most delicious hor d'oeuvres and dinner for our guests. Darren offered advice along the way with decisions regarding the table setting and more. On the day of, Olympia's team worked seamlessly with our wedding venue staff at Nova 535 to ensure everything was perfect. Our guests are still raving about how great the food was. Choosing Olympia as our caterer was the best decision ever. Highly recommend! You will NOT be disappointed.

Sent on 07/23/2019

Olympia Catering & Events's reply:

Thank you so much for your review, Monique!
    We loved working with you and Devante to create your perfect menu, and we're so happy to hear that your guests enjoyed it!!
    All best,
  • Liz

Liz Carlson · Married on 05/18/2019

Amazing food, professsional service and great customer service

Our decision to hire Olympia was made after the first bite at our scheduled tasting. Sherri went above and beyond helping us create a delicious and memorable menu for our wedding guests. We appreciated her honesty when it came to certain dishes and trusted her judgement and suggestions on others. The staff was so professional and attentive the day of our wedding, and the food was absolutely delicious. So many of our guests continue to talk about how good the food was. Thank you, Sherri, for exceeding our expectations!

Sent on 07/07/2019

Liz,
    Thank you so much for your review!
    Excellent service is a top priority for us, and we're so happy that your experience met that standard - from your tasting all the way to your wedding day.
    Working with you and David was a pleasure, and we wish you both all the best!
    Warmly,

Christian · Married on 04/14/2019

Excellent food, fantastic service

Sherri was absolutely amazing. She was warm, friendly and went above and beyond to make sure our vision for the day came to life and that our needs were taken care of. And the food was delicious! We've had multiple guests comment on the quality of our food. We could not be happier. Highly recommend!

Sent on 05/29/2019

Christian,
    Thank you so much for your review!
    We loved being part of your Sunken Gardens wedding, and we wish you and Melissa all the best!

Natalie · Married on 04/06/2019

Nothing Less Than Outstanding!

I don't know where to begin! Nearly two months after my wedding, I am still having people rave about the food! From the appetizers, entree, and midnight snack - everything was outstanding! You can't go wrong here. Everything was served promptly and hot! No need went unmet - the whole staff at Olympia was outstanding. They even went as far as bringing my husband and I a fresh, hot meal after we said our "hello's" to everyone! They think of everything! They are very professional, friendly, and dedicated to making your event go off without a hitch!

By far, the best decision we made was to hire Nancy for our day of coordinator. If you want a stress free wedding day, there isn't even a question! She is truly phenomenal. If anything went wrong wedding day, I couldn't tell you. Everything went smoothly and timely. I was never left wondering "What next?" or "What do I do?". I trusted her with a lot of the details of our day and I am so glad I did. She is incredibly experienced and has an amazing eye. She helped guide us every step along the way - menus, linens, ambiance, etc. Our wedding was so beautiful and enjoyed by all. I know for a fact that it had everything to do with Nancy and her team. Thank you Olympia and Nancy for making our day perfect!

Sent on 06/01/2019

Natalie,
    Thank you so much for your kind words!
    We loved helping you bring your vision to life.
    Having some sliders as a late night snack always goes over well, and we're so glad your guests enjoyed them (and everything else)!
    We wish you all the best!
  • Rachel

Rachel · Married on 03/31/2019

Great Caterer

Olympia works to stay in your budget while giving you the highest quality service! Great vendor to work with and very responsive!

Sent on 03/15/2019
  • Caitlyn

Caitlyn · Married on 03/23/2019

My Wedding Cake was Amazing!

Working with Olympia for my wedding cake was very easy and customized. I met with Debbie and we were able to taste the cake options and see examples. I gave her a picture of what I wanted to cake to look like from Pinterest and she made it happen!

The cake arrived early and all of my guests loved it! I chose the lemon creme cake with the whipped vanilla frosting, so good!

My only regret is not using them for catering, I would recommended them for the whole package to anyone looking!

Sent on 08/04/2019

Olympia Catering & Events's reply:

Thank you so much Caitlyn!
    We were so happy to be a part of your day.
    We're sorry to hear that your catering from another company was less than stellar, but we greatly appreciate the compliment!
    All best,

Cara · Married on 02/16/2019

Best catered meal ever!

We had such an amazing experience with Olympia! They were beyond accommodating for the various dietary restrictions our families had and took good care when preparing the food. Every seated meal was hot and delicious! They even agreed to use my own recipe for the main dish! Every server provided was clean, polite, professional and efficient. I can’t say enough great things, thank you!

Sent on 03/10/2019

Hi Cara,
    Thank you so much for your review!
    We truly enjoyed working with you, and wish you all the best!
    -The Olympia Team

Tania · Married on 01/05/2019

The best catering company in the Tampa Bay Area!

I was looking for a good quality catering services at an affordable price for my wedding. After much research, we decided to go for Olympia Catering for many reasons. Later on, I felt lucky because much of our vendors knew and had work with Olympia -- but what truly caught my attention about Olympia was their extensive menu options and the diverse cuisine offered. We have traveled around the world and eaten from Korean to Cuban food. We felt like Olympia could represent our relationship in the form of food. Our contact person, Sherri, was very sweet since the beginning. And in the day of, our servers were very, very attentive to our requests, professional, sweet and polite. They are a very busy company and that’s because they are the best. Well-known, extensive catering menu, long-standing history and professional with a price that can adjust to your pocket. Thank you Olypmia!

Sent on 02/18/2019
  • Annalise

Annalise Mabe · Married on 12/16/2018

Olympia Catering is amazing!

Olympia Catering was extremely helpful during the whole wedding process from the tasting to the reception. Darren was great--he helped us plan exactly what we wanted. Guests raved about the food. All in all the food was delicious and the service was impeccable.

Sent on 12/29/2018

Olympia Catering & Events's reply:

Thank you so much, Annalise!
    We loved working with you on your beautiful Sunken Gardens wedding.
  • Dinara

Dinara · Married on 12/15/2018

Delicious!

Everything from the appetizers at cocktail hour to the main meal and dessert bar and wedding cake were absolutely delicious! We worked with Debbie on our wedding cake and dessert bar selections. She was very helpful to make sure we were happy with our selections. We received so many compliments from friends and family about how delicious the food and especially the desserts were! We couldn't have been happier. I would highly recommend Olympia!

Sent on 12/28/2018

Hi Diana,
    Thank you so much for your wonderful review!
    We're so glad you enjoyed working with Debbie and our wonderful team at MFA St. Pete.
  • Rebecca

Rebecca · Married on 11/10/2018

The Catering of a Lifetime!

Olympia was an absolute wonder to work with for our wedding catering. Every piece of food from the appetizers, to the main course, to the dessert was absolutely exquisite. Additionally, Darren Olympia's head coordinator was amazing to work and coordinate with. He makes you feel completely covered and accounted for with regards to all wedding reception details not just the catering. You can tell that he and the entire Olympia team genuinely care about making every catering experience the best it can possibly be for every couple's most special day!

Sent on 01/16/2019

Olympia Catering & Events's reply:

Thank you so much for your review, Rebecca!
    Darren has been here for decades, and really does know his stuff!
    We truly do care about helping make your big day as perfect as possible, and we greatly appreciate that you noticed our efforts.

Jennifer · Married on 10/06/2018

A complete hit

We hired Olympia for both our wedding catering and our wedding cake. Both were a complete hit- we got so many compliments from our guests on how delicious all of the food was. It was served hot, quick and accurately. The cake looked beautiful and tasted even better. The staff was professional and so accommodating. They truly made sure that everything was above expectation on the day of and had the friendliest staff. Olympia is amazing!

Sent on 11/12/2018

Hi Jennifer,
    Thank you so much much for your kind review!
    We're so happy you and McGregor chose us as your wedding caterer and cake decorator.
    We love hearing great things about our staff!

Bonnie · Married on 08/11/2018

We recently had Olympia cater our Daughter's Wedding at the Kapok and they were wonderful! Darren was so helpful in the planning and all the staff were so professional and friendly the nite of the wedding. We served a dual plated entrée with their signature stuffed chicken and filet mignon and it was delicious! All our guests commented how good it was! Thank you Darren for helping to make our Daughter's Wedding so magical and we highly recommend you!

Sent on 08/22/2018

Hi Bonnie,
    Thank you so much for your review.
    It was a pleasure working with your family, and we're so happy that you enjoyed everything.

Norrel · Married on 04/28/2018

Our experience have been phenomenal thus far! We can’t wait for the big day!

Sent on 03/05/2018

Olympia Catering & Events's reply:

Thank you so much Norrel!
    We loved working with you, and were so happy to be part of your big day at The Vault!

Courtney · Married on 01/27/2018

I don't even know where to begin with our wonderful experience with Nancy, Olympia Catering and the MFA for our Wedding on 1/27/18. We had the most perfect wedding day and we definitely have the above to thank!

From our initial meeting with at the MFA we fell in love with the venue and knew we were in great hands with Nancy. We ended up booking the Membership Garden for our ceremony and the Conservatory for the reception. It was great having both spaces for the evening. As other reviews said you are required to use both Olympia Catering & Lundy's for bar and alcohol service but we were very pleased with both vendors. After looking at venue's outside the MFA with 15+ approved vendors for food, I thought it was very refreshing you used the in house teams. Olympia's food was amazing - people are still talking about how good the food was! We hired Nancy to be our Day of Coordinator - one of the best decisions we made! Nancy went above and beyond to make sure our day was perfect and the amount of knowledge she has from the industry is amazing. She recommended several vendors for other things (DJ, photography, florals, etc) and we ended up booking several of her recommendations and they did not disappoint! I would definitely encourage anyone who books the MFA to hire Nancy as your DOC!

We felt everything surpassed our expectations through the wedding planning process and during our wedding day. We are so sad our wedding is over but so grateful for the team who made everything come together and the memories we have! Words can't express how perfect we feel our wedding day was and I am so grateful for the MFA team and Nancy to make our wedding inspiration and dreams a reality!

Sent on 05/01/2018

Olympia Catering & Events's reply:

Thank you Courtney, we appreciate you taking the time to write a review. We really enjoyed being a part of your big day. It’s nothing like making a bride’s dreams come true. Thank you again for having us and please come visit us again soon at the MFA!