241 Reviews for Olympia Catering & Events

House Wine (1)
Premium Liquor (1)
Signature Drink (1)
239 Olympia Catering & Events Reviews

Our experience have been phenomenal thus far! We can’t wait for the big day!

Profile Picture Norrel, 4/28/18, 3 Reviews
Category: Catering, Wedding Cake

Gosh where to even start with Olympia. We used them for our wedding in April held at the St. Pete Beach Community Center and would highly recommend them. Upon booking, we were so worried the food that blew us away at the tasting would come up short when it was being prepared for 115 guests. It turns out we had nothing to worry about. Everything was fantastic - and my husband and I have pretty high standards when it comes to our food. We had the macadamia crusted mahi, the short ribs, and their signature chicken. Everything..especially the chicken and fish was wonderful and our guests all raved about it. Even the cocktail hour food was delicious. We also had them do a brownie sundae bar for dessert and although I didn't get a chance to partake, I heard positive things from our guests. Olympia was very accommodating when we said we wanted a pasta course and when we changed our entire menu! Sherri and the waitstaff were very accommodating to my husband and I on the day of our wedding as well.

Profile Picture Vanessa, 4/27/18, 11 Reviews
Category: Catering
Services Used: Vegan, Clean Up, Set Up, American, Cocktail Reception, Custom Menu, Dessert, Hors d'oeuvres, Plated, Server(s), Tastings
4.3

The food for our wedding was delicious! People are still talking about it! We decided to go with the dual plate option with the signature chicken and filet, we also had the most delicious appetizers and antipasto station! Thank you olympia, the food was great!

Profile Picture Kara, 4/21/18, 4 Reviews
Category: Catering

I don't even know where to begin with our wonderful experience with Nancy, Olympia Catering and the MFA for our Wedding on 1/27/18. We had the most perfect wedding day and we definitely have the above to thank!

From our initial meeting with at the MFA we fell in love with the venue and knew we were in great hands with Nancy. We ended up booking the Membership Garden for our ceremony and the Conservatory for the reception. It was great having both spaces for the evening. As other reviews said you are required to use both Olympia Catering & Lundy's for bar and alcohol service but we were very pleased with both vendors. After looking at venue's outside the MFA with 15+ approved vendors for food, I thought it was very refreshing you used the in house teams. Olympia's food was amazing - people are still talking about how good the food was! We hired Nancy to be our Day of Coordinator - one of the best decisions we made! Nancy went above and beyond to make sure our day was perfect and the amount of knowledge she has from the industry is amazing. She recommended several vendors for other things (DJ, photography, florals, etc) and we ended up booking several of her recommendations and they did not disappoint! I would definitely encourage anyone who books the MFA to hire Nancy as your DOC!

We felt everything surpassed our expectations through the wedding planning process and during our wedding day. We are so sad our wedding is over but so grateful for the team who made everything come together and the memories we have! Words can't express how perfect we feel our wedding day was and I am so grateful for the MFA team and Nancy to make our wedding inspiration and dreams a reality!

View Vendor Response
Profile Picture Courtney, 1/27/18, 5 Reviews
Category: Catering
Services Used: Chairs, Tables, Vegetarian, Clean Up, Delivery, Set Up, American, Italian, Mexican, Southern, Cake, Cake Cutting, Hors d'oeuvres, Plated, Server(s), Tastings, Outside Alcohol

As soon as I met Nancy, I knew we just had to book with Olympia Catering and the Museum of Fine Arts St. Pete. She had such positive vibes and was extremely knowledgeable when it came to event planning. From start to finish, working with her was absolutely amazing. I wish I could get married again just to have another chance to work with her. She really made our day extremely special!! The food from Olympia was phenomenal!!! All of our guests are still talking about how they could cut their steak with a butter knife! Highly recommended!

Profile Picture Jada, 12/9/17, 4 Reviews
Category: Catering
Services Used: Chairs, Tables, Clean Up, Delivery, Set Up, Cocktail Reception, Custom Menu, Dessert, Hors d'oeuvres, Plated, Server(s), Stations, Tastings, No Pork, Vegan, Vegetarian, American

Olympia Catering went above and beyond everything I thought I would get on my wedding day. On our food tasting day, EVERYTHING we tasted was absolutely amazing. It was so hard to narrow down the food that we picked. We had a travel-themed wedding, and Olympia went out of their way to present food from all over the world-our cocktail hour had 4 different appetizers from 4 different countries, complete with flags from said country. Our buffet line was decorated by Olympia, and included old-school luggage and other travel themed items. It was amazing. Our wedding was over 6 months ago, and people are STILL talking about how delicious our food was. We also chose to have our cake made by Olympia (which was included), and it was seriously the most delicious cake I've ever tasted. The baker made sure that our vision was brought to life-she included edible succulents. It was perfect. The staff was incredible and we are so grateful for everything Olympia did for us. Not to mention, the prices were GREAT. I highly recommend!

View Vendor Response
Profile Picture Kaleigh, 12/9/17, 6 Reviews
Category: Catering
Services Used: Clean Up, Delivery, Set Up, Buffet, Cake, Cake Cutting, Cocktail Reception, Custom Menu, Hors d'oeuvres

I cannot say enough wonderful things about how awesome it was to have Olympia as our caterer for our wedding! Not only was everything professionally handled from start to finish, their food is DELICIOUS! Guests were raving about the food all night and even long after our wedding. Sherri was our contact throughout our planning process and she really went above and beyond to make sure our needs and expectations were exceeded. The rest of the staff was professional, friendly and very attentive to our guests throughout the entire night. We also had our cake done through Olympia and it was beautiful and by far one of the best wedding cakes I have ever eaten. If you are looking for great value along with delicious food and friendly staff, Olympia is the caterer for you.

Profile Picture Ally, 11/4/17, 3 Reviews
Category: Catering, Wedding Cake
Services Used: Buffet, Cake, Cake Cutting, Cocktail Reception, Dessert, Hors d'oeuvres, Server(s), Tastings, American, Caribbean, Clean Up, Delivery, Set Up

We were required to use Olympia catering per our venue's request, but that doesn't not mean by any means that we settled for them. As soon as we began discussing menu options with Olympia, they truly stepped up to the plate. Our wedding was a fusion (Indian-Western) wedding, and we wanted to be able to translate that into the food options for our guests. Olympia's chef created not only an Indian vegetarian entree option for our guests, but also a couple veggie appetizers as well! While they provided us with a couple options, we were able to choose a few and actually taste them at our tasting and make suggestions. My family loved the option of having some of their favorite foods, with a twist! Additionally, our catering captain introduced herself before the wedding, to reassure us that everything was going to go alright. From the tasting, we were pretty clear that we wanted to have a couple of appetizers set aside for the bride, groom, and the bridal party, in case they were missed during the cocktail hour. Luckily, they weren't, but our catering captain took special care to make sure that we still had one of everything on our sweetheart table for dinner. She even brought us our signature drinks immediately after the wedding, so we could toast with the bridal party. The cake was amazing too!

From our perspective, bride and groom, the reception went seamlessly. However, my mother stated that a couple of her relatives had their entrees mixed up, but no one complained directly to me, so it probably wasn't a big deal (Probably cause all of our choices were fantastic). Additionally, there was a plate that was dropped while everyone was eating, but they cleaned it up so quickly, it didn't even seem like it happened!

We, personally, did not use the day of coordinator from Olympia because we hired our own wedding planner/coordinator. We found that everything exceeded our expectations, except for a couple snags, they were great addition to our wedding day!

Photo for Olympia Catering & Events Review - Our cake
Photo for Olympia Catering & Events Review - Sweetheart table setting
Profile Picture Seeta, 10/22/17, 7 Reviews
Category: Catering
Services Used: Cake, Cocktail Reception, Custom Menu, Hors d'oeuvres, Plated, Server(s), Tastings, Chairs, Tables, Vegetarian, Asian, Clean Up, Set Up

My husband and I selected Olympia catering for our food service and our wedding cake. Sherri Salsbury was our personal representative who took care of us from our tasting appointment, throughout our year of planning, up to the day of our wedding. She was so helpful in answering all our questions and ensuring that our priorities were executed. She returned every email and phone call throughout the year with excellent service and intention to help us plan our wedding dinner service. On the day of and still to this day, our guests have be constantly raving to us about how delicious ALL of the food was! The only issue we encountered was that our dinner service was slightly delayed as the time they had down for serving was 45 minutes later than what Sherri and I discussed/planned for in our timeline. Nevertheless, when I brought this issue up the person who was in charge immediately assured me that she would fix it and not to worry. We used the extra time to mingle with our guests and within 15 minutes our dinner service began seamlessly. Our food was delicious and best of all, the steak was cooked perfectly to medium rare as I requested! The catering team cooked a fabulous meal and took care of my guests. They offered to place party favors, pour champagne, and cut the cake within their provided services. Despite the one timing hiccup that occurred, this company and staff handled it without skipping a beat and we were back on track to enjoying a delicious meal before enjoying the dance floor. Debbie Aaron in the bakery personally took care of us from the time of our cake tasting session, emailing back and forth with us throughout the planning process, up to baking/decorating the most beautiful cake for our wedding! I could not stop visiting my cake table to gawk at my cake throughout my whole reception, and even now I’m going through my photos feeling so in love with my gorgeous cake! Did I mention it was absolutely delicious? Thank you Sherri, Debbie, and the team!!

Profile Picture Sofie, 10/21/17, 1 Review
Category: Catering, Wedding Cake
Services Used: Buffet, Cake Cutting, Custom Menu, Hors d'oeuvres, Outside Cake, Server(s), Clean Up, Delivery, Set Up, American

I'll be honest, food was low on my list of priorities for my wedding. Frankly, I've been to very few weddings with above average food so I just thought it was not worth spending a ton of money on. Our venue required Olympia which was fine by me. They were afforable and had an extenstive menu to choose from. We decided to do a duet plate with steak and their signature chicken and I was completely blown away with the results. It is virtually impossible to cook 150 steaks right and every single guest we spoke with said theirs was perfect. I had more compliments about our food than I did about anything else at our wedding. From the apps to the cake everything was spectacular. You MUST get the signature chicken it is to die for. We took two plates home with us and I ate most of it that night after the wedding. Thank you Olympia for making our guests so happy and their bellys full!!

Profile Picture Chelsea, 9/29/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Catering
Services Used: Clean Up, Delivery, Set Up, American, Chairs, Tables, Vegetarian, Cake, Cake Cutting, Custom Menu, Hors d'oeuvres, Plated, Server(s), Tastings

Fantastic menus, taste, and employees! We did a personal tasting for both the food and the cake and we were blown away at how good everything was. It was one stop shopping. Donna was extremely responsive and they took care of all our special needs without missing a step. I highly recommend this vendor!

Profile Picture Kristen , 5/21/17, 3 Reviews
Category: Catering
Services Used: Clean Up, Delivery, Set Up, Buffet, Cake, Cake Cutting, Cocktail Reception, Custom Menu, Dessert, Hors d'oeuvres, Plated, Server(s), Stations, Tastings, American, Gluten Free, Lactose Free
3.8

Olympia and the MFA are exclusive. It would be great if we had options. They were great to us but we love democracy and the ability to choose.

Profile Picture User7451287, 1+ year ago, 10 Reviews
Services Used: Chairs, Tables
3.4

I will start by saying the food was delicious the day of the wedding we received many compliments from our guests, also the staff on the day of the wedding was so polite and helpful and the tables for the buffet were decorated beautifully.

However, our experience with our sales woman from the start until days before the wedding was not pleasant. Our sales person/account manager was Donna, and I am sorry to say while she personally seemed like a nice person, she was extremely disorganized, scatter brained and would mix up and forget things regularly. She was always be out of the office or it would take her days to get back to us. She messed up our food tasting order and gave us upgraded meals we didn't ask for, the same vegetables 4 times in a row with the meals, etc. She would also tells she could do things for us in one meeting, and then the next she couldn't do that and never said that, our family can a test to this as well. The worst part however, was getting our final bill the day before at 5pm, when it was due the next day. Not to mention it was $1,500 off of the correct cost. When we emailed her this, and tried to get it resolved quickly since the bill was due the next day, she emailed us saying it was correct and that since our contract was signed, they had upped the cost of small weddings since they don't make enough money off of them. My fiance and I spent hours going over the numbers and math to conclude she had billed us for the wrong package. At 9:30pm at night she emailed us back that we were correct, but couldn't fix the contract until the next morning/the day we were suppose to pay her. My fiance did end up speaking to the manager and the bill fixed. He also reassured us that everything would be great the day of the wedding and it was.

However as bride, I would have paid more money and gone with a different company for less stress. The stress of having a bill $1500 off, 10days before your wedding is a stress i wish on no bride.

Profile Picture Breanne, 4/2/17, 9 Reviews
Category: Catering
Services Used: Buffet, Cake, Cake Cutting, Custom Menu, Hors d'oeuvres, Outside Cake, Server(s), Tastings, American, Clean Up, Delivery, Set Up, Tables

We were looking for a venue in the Tampa/St. Petersburg are to hold a wedding. We were not sure what we were looking for until our appointment at the Museum of Fine Arts in St. Petersburg and meeting Nancy Henry the Catering Manager. First we fell in love with the location, how could we not. Set in beautiful downtown St. Pete just a few steps from the water and surrounded by those beautiful and unique banyan trees. Nancy took us on a tour of the museum and filled us in on all of the options that we could have. She took as much time as we needed to have all of our questions answered and when we left all it took was a short discussion to decide that this would be the place. We scheduled the wedding over a year in advance which was necessary because it books up fast. We met with Nancy a few more times to go over the details and she supplied us with a list of vendors to try. We went with her recommendations and we are glad we did: Wonderland Florist, Reverend Rick Lackore Efficient, Grant Hemond & Associates DJ (Eric), Foto Box to name a few. All were beyond wonderful. At the food tasting Nancy let us sample a variety of different hors d'oeuvres and entrees, more than we expected. All of the catering is done in house by Olympia Catering and your guests get to tour the museum during the event.
We hired Nancy as our day of coordinator and are we glad we did. All we did was drop some things off at the museum the night before and worried about nothing else but getting dressed, hair, makeup and everyone getting there on time. If you decide to have your wedding at the MFA my main piece of advice would be to hire Nancy as your day of, she is fabulous and her taking care of everything and directing everyone will take all of the pressure off your shoulders and allow you to enjoy one of the most wonderful days of your life. The wedding went off without a hitch. We continue to get compliments from everyone who attended.

Profile Picture E, 4/1/17, 6 Reviews
Category: Catering, Wedding Cake
Services Used: American, Asian, French, Local, Seafood, Southwestern, Clean Up, Delivery, Set Up, Cake, Cake Cutting, Cocktail Reception, Hors d'oeuvres, Plated, Server(s), Tastings, Vegan, Chairs, Tables

I could sit here and write 20 pages about how happy I was with the service I received from Olympia but their service speaks for itself... If you are getting married, hosting a corporate event, throwing a party or shower, or have ANY need for ANY food services... CALL OLYMPIA... Sherri is a Dream!... and the staff day of??... Ah-Mazing!... Tata and her crew run a tight ship all while keeping your guests warm and fuzzy... I am in love with my caterer and would recommend them to anyone at any time. Thank you so much for being who you are! PS... their cakes are to die for! :)

Profile Picture User7932333, 1+ year ago, 6 Reviews
Category: Catering, Wedding Cake
Services Used: No Pork, Vegan, Vegetarian, American, Caribbean, Italian, Southern, Clean Up, Set Up, Cake, Cake Cutting, Cocktail Reception, Hors d'oeuvres, Plated, Server(s), Tastings

I can't say enough great things about Olympia! We worked closely with Sherri and she was fantastic from day one. Anyone who's planned a wedding knows how fast things add up, and Sherri was great at sending us multiple proposals and working with us until we found the right menu for our budget. The day of our wedding, we got multiple compliments from guests on how good the food was, and my super critical family had nothing but incredible things to say.

The day of our wedding, they were so accommodating and made sure we ate before our guests so we had time to go around and talk to everyone before the party began. They came and brought us drinks while we were taking photos and did everything they could to make sure our day was perfect.

I couldn't recommend Olympia more for your wedding or special event!

Profile Picture Chelsea, 3/10/17, 5 Reviews
Category: Catering
Services Used: American, Southwestern, Chairs, Tables, Clean Up, Delivery, Set Up, Cake, Cake Cutting, Dessert, Hors d'oeuvres, Plated, Server(s), Tastings, Gluten Free, Vegan, Vegetarian

Olympia Catering did a fantastic job with our recent wedding at the Museum of Fine Arts in St Petersburg, FL! We worked with Nancy Cotto and she was the BEST! She kept us organized and made sure we got exactly what we wanted for our wedding. The food was delicious and we received compliments from numerous guests on how great it was. The food package also included the cake which was wonderful - and they made it exactly how we wanted it. We could not be happier with this vendor!

Profile Picture Lindsey, 1/28/17, 4 Reviews
Category: Catering
Services Used: Chairs, Tables, Cake, Cake Cutting, Cocktail Reception, Hors d'oeuvres, Plated, Server(s), Tastings, Clean Up, Set Up

Best. Food. Ever! Not to mention the service was outstanding! We even had a special cake design to match my dress without the groom catching on :) Our guests still rave about how good the food was. I actually first had their food at a friend's wedding and knew I wanted to hire them for mine. Donna was professional and accommodating and familiar with our venue. She was lifesaver when it came to communicating with our others vendors to ensure everything ran as smoothly as possible. I could seriously write a book about how pleased we were with them. From the tastings, to the special ordered linens, china, matching chargers, to the cake. Highly, highly recommend Olympia!

Profile Picture Shea, 1/15/17, 4 Reviews
Category: Catering

Well, getting ahold of the coordinator was a mission and a half but when we finally got ahold of her she was respectful and seemed to be helpful. The communication being an issue was a bit frustrating because we were 4 hours away. We would have to tell her to send us things or do things more than once which was quite annoying but in the end it all worked out well. The food at the reception was ok. The chicken was very dry and the portion was not enough as we had people complain that they were still hungry after the meal. Besides that, they did a fabulous job with set up and not disturbing our special moments. For the price we paid, we expected much much more.

Profile Picture Erica , 1/14/17, 10 Reviews
Services Used: Delivery, American, Vegan, Cake
1.8

I was not pleased with the service I received at my wedding, I attempted to get in contact with the manager several times to express my concerns. The day of the wedding I had 20 people less guest than the count I paid for which I would think would leave me with extra food, I though wrong. When I came back from my honeymoon I spoke with guest that attended my wedding and found out that we did not have enough food, my mom was one of the last to eat since she was occupied with helping and when she went to the buffet line, the food was already taken to the back, please note this was not the only guest that was almost left without food. The food was not heated up, the beverages keep running out, the water were not being filled.. Prior to picking Olympia, I went for a food tasting which was fantastic but the day of the wedding it was nothing compare to what I was giving during my tasting. Please, take my advice and find someone else. I am not one to comment, I had to write my review for Olympia and the poor service I received prior and during the wedding.. I would not recommend this caterer to anyone specially after the amount of money I paid and did not get the food amount I paid for. Highly displeased. If a manager would like to reach out to me, feel free to email me so I can go more in details regarding the concerns I had. Thank you.

Profile Picture User6567658, 1+ year ago, 1 Review
Category: Catering

Olympia Catering is simply the best! From our food tasting, to our cake tasting, to the wedding day, everything was fantastic! The food at our wedding was absolutely delicious and fresh! Our guests complemented the catering and how scrumptious everything was! Our cake was absolutely stunning and the flavors were awesome! Sherri and Debbie were such a pleasure to work with. They accommodated all of our needs and were so friendly and professional.

Profile Picture Meagan, 12/2/16, 10 Reviews
Services Used: American, Italian, Tables, Clean Up, Delivery, Set Up

Olympia's food is delicious! Their service is beyond what is expected. And their cakes are outstanding! I've heard many couples say they didn't eat at their weddings, but we ate plenty. As soon as the ceremony was over, the catering staff brought appetizers and waters just for my groom and me to ensure we were well-taken care of. They were so kind to us! I'm so thankful we chose the mFa and Olympia Catering.

Profile Picture User7491484, 1+ year ago, 4 Reviews
Category: Catering

Olympia was AWESOME! Before my husband and I really got into the throes of planning our wedding, we felt that there are three main components to a good wedding: great food, good music and an open bar! Olympia nailed two out of the three for us. Sherri was super helpful throughout the whole process, and prices were very reasonable. We received countless compliments from our friends and family about the food and bar selections. Oh, and I can't forget about Marlene who personally took care of me and my husband the day of our wedding, she was a lifesaver! I HIGHLY recommend Olympia Catering, you truly can't go wrong!

Profile Picture Erin, 11/19/16, 11 Reviews
Category: Catering
Services Used: Chairs, Tables, Bartender(s), Open Bar, Outside Alcohol, Vegetarian, American, Southern, Buffet, Cake, Cake Cutting, Hors d'oeuvres, Server(s), Stations, Tastings, Clean Up, Delivery, Set Up

I worked with Nancy for the catering portion of our wedding. She was extremely helpful and provided great suggestions when I was stuck between choices. All of the food was amazing! Their signature chicken was truly top-notch! They were very responsive, and professional. I am working with Debbie for the cake, which is included in the price (cost savings!!). Additionally, they provide the linens and tableware for the event as well as staff. Nancy really knows her stuff and I can tell she has been in the business for a while. She was able to provide suggestions about spacing for my venue (The Dali Museum) that I had not even thought about. Overall, everything was great and I cannot wait to continue to work with them!

Profile Picture Michelle, 11/12/16, 12 Reviews
Category: Catering

We were so busy, we barely ate much, however our guests and family gave great reviews! Olympia did have one employee that was designated to making sure we got plates of food and kept reminding us to eat - she was wonderful! She also delivered drinks to us all night. We were never empty handed! The food we did taste was delicious! They were a little pricey, but the quality of their food was set far from the other caterers we tried. We are very pleased with our choice!

We also had them make our cake and it was DELICIOUS! They didn't quite do what I asked for as far as the design goes (I had complicated design requests), but it was still beautiful and I didn't even notice until I looked at pictures later. The most important thing was that it tasted good and looked gorgeous!

I would choose them again for sure. You won't be disappointed!

Profile Picture Breanne, 11/11/16, 8 Reviews
Category: Catering
Services Used: Buffet, Cake, Cake Cutting, Cocktail Reception, Hors d'oeuvres, Plated, Stations, Tastings, Clean Up, Delivery, Set Up, American, Southern