Olympia Catering & Events Reviews

243 Reviews for Olympia Catering & Events

243 Olympia Catering & Events Reviews

Jennifer · Married on 10/06/2018

A complete hit

We hired Olympia for both our wedding catering and our wedding cake. Both were a complete hit- we got so many compliments from our guests on how delicious all of the food was. It was served hot, quick and accurately. The cake looked beautiful and tasted even better. The staff was professional and so accommodating. They truly made sure that everything was above expectation on the day of and had the friendliest staff. Olympia is amazing!

Bonnie · Married on 08/11/2018

We recently had Olympia cater our Daughter's Wedding at the Kapok and they were wonderful! Darren was so helpful in the planning and all the staff were so professional and friendly the nite of the wedding. We served a dual plated entrée with their signature stuffed chicken and filet mignon and it was delicious! All our guests commented how good it was! Thank you Darren for helping to make our Daughter's Wedding so magical and we highly recommend you!

Norrel · Married on 04/28/2018

Our experience have been phenomenal thus far! We can’t wait for the big day!

Courtney · Married on 01/27/2018

I don't even know where to begin with our wonderful experience with Nancy, Olympia Catering and the MFA for our Wedding on 1/27/18. We had the most perfect wedding day and we definitely have the above to thank!

From our initial meeting with at the MFA we fell in love with the venue and knew we were in great hands with Nancy. We ended up booking the Membership Garden for our ceremony and the Conservatory for the reception. It was great having both spaces for the evening. As other reviews said you are required to use both Olympia Catering & Lundy's for bar and alcohol service but we were very pleased with both vendors. After looking at venue's outside the MFA with 15+ approved vendors for food, I thought it was very refreshing you used the in house teams. Olympia's food was amazing - people are still talking about how good the food was! We hired Nancy to be our Day of Coordinator - one of the best decisions we made! Nancy went above and beyond to make sure our day was perfect and the amount of knowledge she has from the industry is amazing. She recommended several vendors for other things (DJ, photography, florals, etc) and we ended up booking several of her recommendations and they did not disappoint! I would definitely encourage anyone who books the MFA to hire Nancy as your DOC!

We felt everything surpassed our expectations through the wedding planning process and during our wedding day. We are so sad our wedding is over but so grateful for the team who made everything come together and the memories we have! Words can't express how perfect we feel our wedding day was and I am so grateful for the MFA team and Nancy to make our wedding inspiration and dreams a reality!

Sent on 05/01/2018

Olympia Catering & Events's reply:

Thank you Courtney, we appreciate you taking the time to write a review. We really enjoyed being a part of your big day. It’s nothing like making a bride’s dreams come true. Thank you again for having us and please come visit us again soon at the MFA!

Jada · Married on 12/09/2017

As soon as I met Nancy, I knew we just had to book with Olympia Catering and the Museum of Fine Arts St. Pete. She had such positive vibes and was extremely knowledgeable when it came to event planning. From start to finish, working with her was absolutely amazing. I wish I could get married again just to have another chance to work with her. She really made our day extremely special!! The food from Olympia was phenomenal!!! All of our guests are still talking about how they could cut their steak with a butter knife! Highly recommended!

Kaleigh · Married on 12/09/2017

Olympia Catering went above and beyond everything I thought I would get on my wedding day. On our food tasting day, EVERYTHING we tasted was absolutely amazing. It was so hard to narrow down the food that we picked. We had a travel-themed wedding, and Olympia went out of their way to present food from all over the world-our cocktail hour had 4 different appetizers from 4 different countries, complete with flags from said country. Our buffet line was decorated by Olympia, and included old-school luggage and other travel themed items. It was amazing. Our wedding was over 6 months ago, and people are STILL talking about how delicious our food was. We also chose to have our cake made by Olympia (which was included), and it was seriously the most delicious cake I've ever tasted. The baker made sure that our vision was brought to life-she included edible succulents. It was perfect. The staff was incredible and we are so grateful for everything Olympia did for us. Not to mention, the prices were GREAT. I highly recommend!

Sent on 06/26/2018
    Olympia Catering & Events 1

Olympia Catering & Events's reply:

Thank you Kaleigh! It was our pleasure to make your wedding special. We had fun customizing your menu to your travel theme. And the cake? What a beautiful vision! Thanks so much for having us and we wish you all the best!

Ally · Married on 11/04/2017

I cannot say enough wonderful things about how awesome it was to have Olympia as our caterer for our wedding! Not only was everything professionally handled from start to finish, their food is DELICIOUS! Guests were raving about the food all night and even long after our wedding. Sherri was our contact throughout our planning process and she really went above and beyond to make sure our needs and expectations were exceeded. The rest of the staff was professional, friendly and very attentive to our guests throughout the entire night. We also had our cake done through Olympia and it was beautiful and by far one of the best wedding cakes I have ever eaten. If you are looking for great value along with delicious food and friendly staff, Olympia is the caterer for you.

Chelsea · Married on 09/29/2017

I'll be honest, food was low on my list of priorities for my wedding. Frankly, I've been to very few weddings with above average food so I just thought it was not worth spending a ton of money on. Our venue required Olympia which was fine by me. They were afforable and had an extenstive menu to choose from. We decided to do a duet plate with steak and their signature chicken and I was completely blown away with the results. It is virtually impossible to cook 150 steaks right and every single guest we spoke with said theirs was perfect. I had more compliments about our food than I did about anything else at our wedding. From the apps to the cake everything was spectacular. You MUST get the signature chicken it is to die for. We took two plates home with us and I ate most of it that night after the wedding. Thank you Olympia for making our guests so happy and their bellys full!!

Kristen · Married on 05/21/2017

Fantastic menus, taste, and employees! We did a personal tasting for both the food and the cake and we were blown away at how good everything was. It was one stop shopping. Donna was extremely responsive and they took care of all our special needs without missing a step. I highly recommend this vendor!

E · Married on 04/01/2017

We were looking for a venue in the Tampa/St. Petersburg are to hold a wedding. We were not sure what we were looking for until our appointment at the Museum of Fine Arts in St. Petersburg and meeting Nancy Henry the Catering Manager. First we fell in love with the location, how could we not. Set in beautiful downtown St. Pete just a few steps from the water and surrounded by those beautiful and unique banyan trees. Nancy took us on a tour of the museum and filled us in on all of the options that we could have. She took as much time as we needed to have all of our questions answered and when we left all it took was a short discussion to decide that this would be the place. We scheduled the wedding over a year in advance which was necessary because it books up fast. We met with Nancy a few more times to go over the details and she supplied us with a list of vendors to try. We went with her recommendations and we are glad we did: Wonderland Florist, Reverend Rick Lackore Efficient, Grant Hemond & Associates DJ (Eric), Foto Box to name a few. All were beyond wonderful. At the food tasting Nancy let us sample a variety of different hors d'oeuvres and entrees, more than we expected. All of the catering is done in house by Olympia Catering and your guests get to tour the museum during the event.
    We hired Nancy as our day of coordinator and are we glad we did. All we did was drop some things off at the museum the night before and worried about nothing else but getting dressed, hair, makeup and everyone getting there on time. If you decide to have your wedding at the MFA my main piece of advice would be to hire Nancy as your day of, she is fabulous and her taking care of everything and directing everyone will take all of the pressure off your shoulders and allow you to enjoy one of the most wonderful days of your life. The wedding went off without a hitch. We continue to get compliments from everyone who attended.

• User7932333 · 1+ year ago

I could sit here and write 20 pages about how happy I was with the service I received from Olympia but their service speaks for itself... If you are getting married, hosting a corporate event, throwing a party or shower, or have ANY need for ANY food services... CALL OLYMPIA... Sherri is a Dream!... and the staff day of??... Ah-Mazing!... Tata and her crew run a tight ship all while keeping your guests warm and fuzzy... I am in love with my caterer and would recommend them to anyone at any time. Thank you so much for being who you are! PS... their cakes are to die for! :)

• Chelsea

Chelsea · Married on 03/10/2017

I can't say enough great things about Olympia! We worked closely with Sherri and she was fantastic from day one. Anyone who's planned a wedding knows how fast things add up, and Sherri was great at sending us multiple proposals and working with us until we found the right menu for our budget. The day of our wedding, we got multiple compliments from guests on how good the food was, and my super critical family had nothing but incredible things to say.

The day of our wedding, they were so accommodating and made sure we ate before our guests so we had time to go around and talk to everyone before the party began. They came and brought us drinks while we were taking photos and did everything they could to make sure our day was perfect.

I couldn't recommend Olympia more for your wedding or special event!

Lindsey · Married on 01/28/2017

Olympia Catering did a fantastic job with our recent wedding at the Museum of Fine Arts in St Petersburg, FL! We worked with Nancy Cotto and she was the BEST! She kept us organized and made sure we got exactly what we wanted for our wedding. The food was delicious and we received compliments from numerous guests on how great it was. The food package also included the cake which was wonderful - and they made it exactly how we wanted it. We could not be happier with this vendor!

Shea · Married on 01/15/2017

Best. Food. Ever! Not to mention the service was outstanding! We even had a special cake design to match my dress without the groom catching on :) Our guests still rave about how good the food was. I actually first had their food at a friend's wedding and knew I wanted to hire them for mine. Donna was professional and accommodating and familiar with our venue. She was lifesaver when it came to communicating with our others vendors to ensure everything ran as smoothly as possible. I could seriously write a book about how pleased we were with them. From the tastings, to the special ordered linens, china, matching chargers, to the cake. Highly, highly recommend Olympia!

Meagan · Married on 12/02/2016

Olympia Catering is simply the best! From our food tasting, to our cake tasting, to the wedding day, everything was fantastic! The food at our wedding was absolutely delicious and fresh! Our guests complemented the catering and how scrumptious everything was! Our cake was absolutely stunning and the flavors were awesome! Sherri and Debbie were such a pleasure to work with. They accommodated all of our needs and were so friendly and professional.

Erin · Married on 11/19/2016

Olympia was AWESOME! Before my husband and I really got into the throes of planning our wedding, we felt that there are three main components to a good wedding: great food, good music and an open bar! Olympia nailed two out of the three for us. Sherri was super helpful throughout the whole process, and prices were very reasonable. We received countless compliments from our friends and family about the food and bar selections. Oh, and I can't forget about Marlene who personally took care of me and my husband the day of our wedding, she was a lifesaver! I HIGHLY recommend Olympia Catering, you truly can't go wrong!

Holliday · event on: 12/16/2016

We worked with Olympia through the Museum of Fine Arts in St. Petersburg and their flexibility and graciousness with LOTS of changes was amazing; the serving staff was excellent and the food was terrific. We could not be more pleased!

Sent on 12/22/2016

Olympia Catering & Events's reply:

Thank you, it was out pleasure. We're thrilled you enjoyed everything!
  • Michelle

Michelle · Married on 11/12/2016

I worked with Nancy for the catering portion of our wedding. She was extremely helpful and provided great suggestions when I was stuck between choices. All of the food was amazing! Their signature chicken was truly top-notch! They were very responsive, and professional. I am working with Debbie for the cake, which is included in the price (cost savings!!). Additionally, they provide the linens and tableware for the event as well as staff. Nancy really knows her stuff and I can tell she has been in the business for a while. She was able to provide suggestions about spacing for my venue (The Dali Museum) that I had not even thought about. Overall, everything was great and I cannot wait to continue to work with them!

Breanne · Married on 11/11/2016

We were so busy, we barely ate much, however our guests and family gave great reviews! Olympia did have one employee that was designated to making sure we got plates of food and kept reminding us to eat - she was wonderful! She also delivered drinks to us all night. We were never empty handed! The food we did taste was delicious! They were a little pricey, but the quality of their food was set far from the other caterers we tried. We are very pleased with our choice!

We also had them make our cake and it was DELICIOUS! They didn't quite do what I asked for as far as the design goes (I had complicated design requests), but it was still beautiful and I didn't even notice until I looked at pictures later. The most important thing was that it tasted good and looked gorgeous!

I would choose them again for sure. You won't be disappointed!

Rachel · Married on 10/15/2016

We recently had Olympia Catering do our wedding cake and prior to this our engagement party food. We had a great experience at our cake tasting and the cake on our wedding day was amazing! I had several of my guests comment on how much they enjoyed the cake. Our engagement party food was exceptional! They were easy to work with, well priced and delivery was a breeze. I highly recommend them!

Carolyn · Married on 08/13/2016

Olympia Catering and Donna Aguis were an absolute dream to work with and made my wedding day perfect and stress free. From start to finish, Donna went above and beyond answering questions and getting me get to a price point I was comfortable with, and she was beyond patient guiding me on selecting the perfect menu for our guests. OUR GUESTS RAVED about the food and service. Olympia was extremely accommodating with our gluten free, dairy free and vegetarians too. Donna made the whole process easy, especially when I realized I would need linens at the 11th hour, she kept it stress free. She even helped me select certain parts of my centerpieces when I couldn't decide and helped me find options. By the time my wedding day came I had such confidence in her, I told her to use her judgement on what to do with certain decorations, sign in, and cake tables- and they looked perfect. The decor they provided on the coffee bar and buffet was stunning and was a complete delight/surprise.
    My cake was picture perfect and exactly like the photo I provided. The staff was so attentive for my groom and I with drinks and food, neither of us were ever taken away from each other or our guests.
    If you are looking for an amazing caterer who will take care of everything, HIGHLY recommend Olympia and Donna. Worth every single penny. I still have people talking about how great they were. The devil is in the details, I am so grateful while working full time and traveling non-stop while planning a wedding, I had someone who I could trust to not miss and guide me through every one of them. Thank you Donna and Olympia!

Working with Donna Aguis was an absolute pleasure! From the moment my husband and I arrived at the first tasting, I knew there was something special about Olympia Catering. The staff was friendly and Donna proved to be very knowledgable of the menu options. I think I bonded so well with Donna because she is very organized and detailed (like myself lol)! Once we tried the delicious food and learned that the wedding cake was included with the catering, we were sold! It was such a relief to have the cake included and to not worry about hiring another vendor. The cake designer, Debbie, was also wonderful to work with! She was prompt in responding to emails and very helpful in designing our beautiful cake. I showed Debbie pictures of cake designs and also requested a special icing flavor that was not offered on the menu. Our flavors were white chocolate icing with white cake and a chocolate raspberry filling. Debbie provided a sample mini cake with our flavors to ensure we liked the flavors before the wedding. Debbie and her team made the most beautiful and delicious wedding cake I have ever seen and tasted! For our food, we selected four passed hors d'oeuvres and the buffet option with two entrees. On the day of our wedding, our guest kept complimenting us on the food throughout the evening! To this day, I'm still receiving compliments about how awesome our food and cake tasted. I really appreciated Donna's efforts in staying within our budget and providing surprise gifts the day of our wedding! If you are looking for high quality food and work with amazing people, go with Olympia Catering. Donna, thanks again for making our day wonderful!!!

Jeff · Married on 06/25/2016

Olympia Catering provided exceptional service for our event. The event coordinator, Donna Aguis, was a pleasure to work with and organized a superior catering service. The on-site team was right on-point! They prepared very tasty hors d'oeuvre and set-up beautiful food and floral presentations. You couldn't tell the event was catered after their thorough clean-up.

Christina · Married on 06/24/2016

The BEST vendor I worked with for my wedding!!! They were so amazing!!! I did not have to worry about anything and they treated me like royalty on my wedding day.

Steve · Married on 06/18/2016

I am so happy that we went with Olympia for our wedding. I cannot say enough good things about the staff and the food.

We used Olympia for catering because they were on the approved vendor list for our venue, however, we also chose to work with Nancy at Olympia for our wedding coordination because of how wonderful she is. Nancy is AMAZING!!!! From the first contact I knew this was the vendor for me. My initial email to Olympia was at 3pm on a Saturday afternoon. I received a response from Nancy within an hour of sending my email. I was pleasantly surprised to receive such a quick response. Nancy followed up on every detail - even when I brought some fun items for the reception, but didn't know what to do with them, Nancy said, "Give them to me and I'll take care of them." I had so much to worry about that day - it was nice to be able to hand so many things to her and know they would be handled PERFECTLY. She thought of every little detail and made suggestions when we weren't sure what to do.

The food was displayed beautifully and tasted great. The Olympian Chicken is delicious! The catering staff was so great to work with. Tata thought of everything - she had a plate of hors d'overs set aside for us, and she brought us each a plate of food so we didn't have to go through the buffet line. The little things make a BIG difference when you have limited time on your big day. Nancy even made sure that we had a to-go plate sent with us to make sure that we had enough food.

I would definitely recommend Olympia catering for your wedding. I contacted a total of four catering vendors when looking for a caterer. Olympia far exceeds ANY vendor that I contacted - they were the perfect choice for our wedding.