Olympia Catering & Events Reviews

Olympia Catering & Events 6
Olympia Catering & Events 7
  • Monique

Monique Gardner · Married on 06/08/2019

Best catering in tampa/st pete

Olympia was an absolute perfect choice for our wedding! They were amazing from the very beginning as they helped us choose the most delicious hor d'oeuvres and dinner for our guests. Darren offered advice along the way with decisions regarding the table setting and more. On the day of, Olympia's team worked seamlessly with our wedding venue staff at Nova 535 to ensure everything was perfect. Our guests are still raving about how great the food was. Choosing Olympia as our caterer was the best decision ever. Highly recommend! You will NOT be disappointed.

Sent on 07/23/2019

Olympia Catering & Events's reply:

Thank you so much for your review, Monique!
    We loved working with you and Devante to create your perfect menu, and we're so happy to hear that your guests enjoyed it!!
    All best,
  • Liz

Liz Carlson · Married on 05/18/2019

Amazing food, professsional service and great customer service

Our decision to hire Olympia was made after the first bite at our scheduled tasting. Sherri went above and beyond helping us create a delicious and memorable menu for our wedding guests. We appreciated her honesty when it came to certain dishes and trusted her judgement and suggestions on others. The staff was so professional and attentive the day of our wedding, and the food was absolutely delicious. So many of our guests continue to talk about how good the food was. Thank you, Sherri, for exceeding our expectations!

Sent on 07/07/2019
    Olympia Catering & Events 8
    Olympia Catering & Events 9
    Olympia Catering & Events 10

Liz,
    Thank you so much for your review!
    Excellent service is a top priority for us, and we're so happy that your experience met that standard - from your tasting all the way to your wedding day.
    Working with you and David was a pleasure, and we wish you both all the best!
    Warmly,

Christian · Married on 04/14/2019

Excellent food, fantastic service

Sherri was absolutely amazing. She was warm, friendly and went above and beyond to make sure our vision for the day came to life and that our needs were taken care of. And the food was delicious! We've had multiple guests comment on the quality of our food. We could not be happier. Highly recommend!

Sent on 05/29/2019

Christian,
    Thank you so much for your review!
    We loved being part of your Sunken Gardens wedding, and we wish you and Melissa all the best!

Natalie · Married on 04/06/2019

Nothing Less Than Outstanding!

I don't know where to begin! Nearly two months after my wedding, I am still having people rave about the food! From the appetizers, entree, and midnight snack - everything was outstanding! You can't go wrong here. Everything was served promptly and hot! No need went unmet - the whole staff at Olympia was outstanding. They even went as far as bringing my husband and I a fresh, hot meal after we said our "hello's" to everyone! They think of everything! They are very professional, friendly, and dedicated to making your event go off without a hitch!

By far, the best decision we made was to hire Nancy for our day of coordinator. If you want a stress free wedding day, there isn't even a question! She is truly phenomenal. If anything went wrong wedding day, I couldn't tell you. Everything went smoothly and timely. I was never left wondering "What next?" or "What do I do?". I trusted her with a lot of the details of our day and I am so glad I did. She is incredibly experienced and has an amazing eye. She helped guide us every step along the way - menus, linens, ambiance, etc. Our wedding was so beautiful and enjoyed by all. I know for a fact that it had everything to do with Nancy and her team. Thank you Olympia and Nancy for making our day perfect!

Sent on 06/01/2019

Natalie,
    Thank you so much for your kind words!
    We loved helping you bring your vision to life.
    Having some sliders as a late night snack always goes over well, and we're so glad your guests enjoyed them (and everything else)!
    We wish you all the best!
  • Rachel

Rachel · Married on 03/31/2019

Great Caterer

Olympia works to stay in your budget while giving you the highest quality service! Great vendor to work with and very responsive!

Sent on 03/15/2019
  • Caitlyn

Caitlyn · Married on 03/23/2019

My Wedding Cake was Amazing!

Working with Olympia for my wedding cake was very easy and customized. I met with Debbie and we were able to taste the cake options and see examples. I gave her a picture of what I wanted to cake to look like from Pinterest and she made it happen!

The cake arrived early and all of my guests loved it! I chose the lemon creme cake with the whipped vanilla frosting, so good!

My only regret is not using them for catering, I would recommended them for the whole package to anyone looking!

Sent on 08/04/2019
    Olympia Catering & Events 11

Olympia Catering & Events's reply:

Thank you so much Caitlyn!
    We were so happy to be a part of your day.
    We're sorry to hear that your catering from another company was less than stellar, but we greatly appreciate the compliment!
    All best,

Cara · Married on 02/16/2019

Best catered meal ever!

We had such an amazing experience with Olympia! They were beyond accommodating for the various dietary restrictions our families had and took good care when preparing the food. Every seated meal was hot and delicious! They even agreed to use my own recipe for the main dish! Every server provided was clean, polite, professional and efficient. I can’t say enough great things, thank you!

Sent on 03/10/2019

Hi Cara,
    Thank you so much for your review!
    We truly enjoyed working with you, and wish you all the best!
    -The Olympia Team

Tania · Married on 01/05/2019

The best catering company in the Tampa Bay Area!

I was looking for a good quality catering services at an affordable price for my wedding. After much research, we decided to go for Olympia Catering for many reasons. Later on, I felt lucky because much of our vendors knew and had work with Olympia -- but what truly caught my attention about Olympia was their extensive menu options and the diverse cuisine offered. We have traveled around the world and eaten from Korean to Cuban food. We felt like Olympia could represent our relationship in the form of food. Our contact person, Sherri, was very sweet since the beginning. And in the day of, our servers were very, very attentive to our requests, professional, sweet and polite. They are a very busy company and that’s because they are the best. Well-known, extensive catering menu, long-standing history and professional with a price that can adjust to your pocket. Thank you Olypmia!

Sent on 02/18/2019
  • Annalise

Annalise Mabe · Married on 12/16/2018

Olympia Catering is amazing!

Olympia Catering was extremely helpful during the whole wedding process from the tasting to the reception. Darren was great--he helped us plan exactly what we wanted. Guests raved about the food. All in all the food was delicious and the service was impeccable.

Sent on 12/29/2018

Olympia Catering & Events's reply:

Thank you so much, Annalise!
    We loved working with you on your beautiful Sunken Gardens wedding.
  • Dinara

Dinara · Married on 12/15/2018

Delicious!

Everything from the appetizers at cocktail hour to the main meal and dessert bar and wedding cake were absolutely delicious! We worked with Debbie on our wedding cake and dessert bar selections. She was very helpful to make sure we were happy with our selections. We received so many compliments from friends and family about how delicious the food and especially the desserts were! We couldn't have been happier. I would highly recommend Olympia!

Sent on 12/28/2018

Hi Diana,
    Thank you so much for your wonderful review!
    We're so glad you enjoyed working with Debbie and our wonderful team at MFA St. Pete.
  • Rebecca

Rebecca · Married on 11/10/2018

The Catering of a Lifetime!

Olympia was an absolute wonder to work with for our wedding catering. Every piece of food from the appetizers, to the main course, to the dessert was absolutely exquisite. Additionally, Darren Olympia's head coordinator was amazing to work and coordinate with. He makes you feel completely covered and accounted for with regards to all wedding reception details not just the catering. You can tell that he and the entire Olympia team genuinely care about making every catering experience the best it can possibly be for every couple's most special day!

Sent on 01/16/2019
    Olympia Catering & Events 23
    Olympia Catering & Events 24
    Olympia Catering & Events 25

Olympia Catering & Events's reply:

Thank you so much for your review, Rebecca!
    Darren has been here for decades, and really does know his stuff!
    We truly do care about helping make your big day as perfect as possible, and we greatly appreciate that you noticed our efforts.

Jennifer · Married on 10/06/2018

A complete hit

We hired Olympia for both our wedding catering and our wedding cake. Both were a complete hit- we got so many compliments from our guests on how delicious all of the food was. It was served hot, quick and accurately. The cake looked beautiful and tasted even better. The staff was professional and so accommodating. They truly made sure that everything was above expectation on the day of and had the friendliest staff. Olympia is amazing!

Sent on 11/12/2018

Hi Jennifer,
    Thank you so much much for your kind review!
    We're so happy you and McGregor chose us as your wedding caterer and cake decorator.
    We love hearing great things about our staff!

Bonnie · Married on 08/11/2018

We recently had Olympia cater our Daughter's Wedding at the Kapok and they were wonderful! Darren was so helpful in the planning and all the staff were so professional and friendly the nite of the wedding. We served a dual plated entrée with their signature stuffed chicken and filet mignon and it was delicious! All our guests commented how good it was! Thank you Darren for helping to make our Daughter's Wedding so magical and we highly recommend you!

Sent on 08/22/2018

Hi Bonnie,
    Thank you so much for your review.
    It was a pleasure working with your family, and we're so happy that you enjoyed everything.

Norrel · Married on 04/28/2018

Our experience have been phenomenal thus far! We can’t wait for the big day!

Sent on 03/05/2018

Olympia Catering & Events's reply:

Thank you so much Norrel!
    We loved working with you, and were so happy to be part of your big day at The Vault!

Courtney · Married on 01/27/2018

I don't even know where to begin with our wonderful experience with Nancy, Olympia Catering and the MFA for our Wedding on 1/27/18. We had the most perfect wedding day and we definitely have the above to thank!

From our initial meeting with at the MFA we fell in love with the venue and knew we were in great hands with Nancy. We ended up booking the Membership Garden for our ceremony and the Conservatory for the reception. It was great having both spaces for the evening. As other reviews said you are required to use both Olympia Catering & Lundy's for bar and alcohol service but we were very pleased with both vendors. After looking at venue's outside the MFA with 15+ approved vendors for food, I thought it was very refreshing you used the in house teams. Olympia's food was amazing - people are still talking about how good the food was! We hired Nancy to be our Day of Coordinator - one of the best decisions we made! Nancy went above and beyond to make sure our day was perfect and the amount of knowledge she has from the industry is amazing. She recommended several vendors for other things (DJ, photography, florals, etc) and we ended up booking several of her recommendations and they did not disappoint! I would definitely encourage anyone who books the MFA to hire Nancy as your DOC!

We felt everything surpassed our expectations through the wedding planning process and during our wedding day. We are so sad our wedding is over but so grateful for the team who made everything come together and the memories we have! Words can't express how perfect we feel our wedding day was and I am so grateful for the MFA team and Nancy to make our wedding inspiration and dreams a reality!

Sent on 05/01/2018

Olympia Catering & Events's reply:

Thank you Courtney, we appreciate you taking the time to write a review. We really enjoyed being a part of your big day. It’s nothing like making a bride’s dreams come true. Thank you again for having us and please come visit us again soon at the MFA!

Jada · Married on 12/09/2017

As soon as I met Nancy, I knew we just had to book with Olympia Catering and the Museum of Fine Arts St. Pete. She had such positive vibes and was extremely knowledgeable when it came to event planning. From start to finish, working with her was absolutely amazing. I wish I could get married again just to have another chance to work with her. She really made our day extremely special!! The food from Olympia was phenomenal!!! All of our guests are still talking about how they could cut their steak with a butter knife! Highly recommended!

Sent on 12/23/2017

Kaleigh · Married on 12/09/2017

Olympia Catering went above and beyond everything I thought I would get on my wedding day. On our food tasting day, EVERYTHING we tasted was absolutely amazing. It was so hard to narrow down the food that we picked. We had a travel-themed wedding, and Olympia went out of their way to present food from all over the world-our cocktail hour had 4 different appetizers from 4 different countries, complete with flags from said country. Our buffet line was decorated by Olympia, and included old-school luggage and other travel themed items. It was amazing. Our wedding was over 6 months ago, and people are STILL talking about how delicious our food was. We also chose to have our cake made by Olympia (which was included), and it was seriously the most delicious cake I've ever tasted. The baker made sure that our vision was brought to life-she included edible succulents. It was perfect. The staff was incredible and we are so grateful for everything Olympia did for us. Not to mention, the prices were GREAT. I highly recommend!

Sent on 06/26/2018
    Olympia Catering & Events 26

Olympia Catering & Events's reply:

Thank you Kaleigh! It was our pleasure to make your wedding special. We had fun customizing your menu to your travel theme. And the cake? What a beautiful vision! Thanks so much for having us and we wish you all the best!

Ally · Married on 11/04/2017

I cannot say enough wonderful things about how awesome it was to have Olympia as our caterer for our wedding! Not only was everything professionally handled from start to finish, their food is DELICIOUS! Guests were raving about the food all night and even long after our wedding. Sherri was our contact throughout our planning process and she really went above and beyond to make sure our needs and expectations were exceeded. The rest of the staff was professional, friendly and very attentive to our guests throughout the entire night. We also had our cake done through Olympia and it was beautiful and by far one of the best wedding cakes I have ever eaten. If you are looking for great value along with delicious food and friendly staff, Olympia is the caterer for you.

Sent on 01/25/2018

Chelsea · Married on 09/29/2017

I'll be honest, food was low on my list of priorities for my wedding. Frankly, I've been to very few weddings with above average food so I just thought it was not worth spending a ton of money on. Our venue required Olympia which was fine by me. They were afforable and had an extenstive menu to choose from. We decided to do a duet plate with steak and their signature chicken and I was completely blown away with the results. It is virtually impossible to cook 150 steaks right and every single guest we spoke with said theirs was perfect. I had more compliments about our food than I did about anything else at our wedding. From the apps to the cake everything was spectacular. You MUST get the signature chicken it is to die for. We took two plates home with us and I ate most of it that night after the wedding. Thank you Olympia for making our guests so happy and their bellys full!!

Sent on 10/25/2017

Kristen · Married on 05/21/2017

Fantastic menus, taste, and employees! We did a personal tasting for both the food and the cake and we were blown away at how good everything was. It was one stop shopping. Donna was extremely responsive and they took care of all our special needs without missing a step. I highly recommend this vendor!

Sent on 05/30/2017

E · Married on 04/01/2017

We were looking for a venue in the Tampa/St. Petersburg are to hold a wedding. We were not sure what we were looking for until our appointment at the Museum of Fine Arts in St. Petersburg and meeting Nancy Henry the Catering Manager. First we fell in love with the location, how could we not. Set in beautiful downtown St. Pete just a few steps from the water and surrounded by those beautiful and unique banyan trees. Nancy took us on a tour of the museum and filled us in on all of the options that we could have. She took as much time as we needed to have all of our questions answered and when we left all it took was a short discussion to decide that this would be the place. We scheduled the wedding over a year in advance which was necessary because it books up fast. We met with Nancy a few more times to go over the details and she supplied us with a list of vendors to try. We went with her recommendations and we are glad we did: Wonderland Florist, Reverend Rick Lackore Efficient, Grant Hemond & Associates DJ (Eric), Foto Box to name a few. All were beyond wonderful. At the food tasting Nancy let us sample a variety of different hors d'oeuvres and entrees, more than we expected. All of the catering is done in house by Olympia Catering and your guests get to tour the museum during the event.
    We hired Nancy as our day of coordinator and are we glad we did. All we did was drop some things off at the museum the night before and worried about nothing else but getting dressed, hair, makeup and everyone getting there on time. If you decide to have your wedding at the MFA my main piece of advice would be to hire Nancy as your day of, she is fabulous and her taking care of everything and directing everyone will take all of the pressure off your shoulders and allow you to enjoy one of the most wonderful days of your life. The wedding went off without a hitch. We continue to get compliments from everyone who attended.

Sent on 04/05/2017

I could sit here and write 20 pages about how happy I was with the service I received from Olympia but their service speaks for itself... If you are getting married, hosting a corporate event, throwing a party or shower, or have ANY need for ANY food services... CALL OLYMPIA... Sherri is a Dream!... and the staff day of??... Ah-Mazing!... Tata and her crew run a tight ship all while keeping your guests warm and fuzzy... I am in love with my caterer and would recommend them to anyone at any time. Thank you so much for being who you are! PS... their cakes are to die for! :)

Sent on 03/20/2017
  • Chelsea

Chelsea · Married on 03/10/2017

I can't say enough great things about Olympia! We worked closely with Sherri and she was fantastic from day one. Anyone who's planned a wedding knows how fast things add up, and Sherri was great at sending us multiple proposals and working with us until we found the right menu for our budget. The day of our wedding, we got multiple compliments from guests on how good the food was, and my super critical family had nothing but incredible things to say.

The day of our wedding, they were so accommodating and made sure we ate before our guests so we had time to go around and talk to everyone before the party began. They came and brought us drinks while we were taking photos and did everything they could to make sure our day was perfect.

I couldn't recommend Olympia more for your wedding or special event!

Sent on 03/15/2017

Lindsey · Married on 01/28/2017

Olympia Catering did a fantastic job with our recent wedding at the Museum of Fine Arts in St Petersburg, FL! We worked with Nancy Cotto and she was the BEST! She kept us organized and made sure we got exactly what we wanted for our wedding. The food was delicious and we received compliments from numerous guests on how great it was. The food package also included the cake which was wonderful - and they made it exactly how we wanted it. We could not be happier with this vendor!

Sent on 02/19/2017

Shea · Married on 01/15/2017

Best. Food. Ever! Not to mention the service was outstanding! We even had a special cake design to match my dress without the groom catching on :) Our guests still rave about how good the food was. I actually first had their food at a friend's wedding and knew I wanted to hire them for mine. Donna was professional and accommodating and familiar with our venue. She was lifesaver when it came to communicating with our others vendors to ensure everything ran as smoothly as possible. I could seriously write a book about how pleased we were with them. From the tastings, to the special ordered linens, china, matching chargers, to the cake. Highly, highly recommend Olympia!

Sent on 06/30/2017