Olson Mansion Reviews

17 | Maple Valley, WA

17 Reviews for Olson Mansion

Justin · Married on 08/26/2017

Makenna and her team are amazing, our day was flawless. I would hands down recommend Olson Mansion!

Sent on 05/14/2018

Larissa · Married on 10/01/2016

I just LOVE this venue! We had our wedding here on Oct. 1st and it couldn't have been more beautiful. The grounds were fantastic to take photos on, and the interior of the barn was the perfect setting for our Reception. I would highly recommend this place to anyone looking for their venue.

Sent on 12/20/2016

Alexander · Married on 04/30/2016

This a most wonderful place for weddings. Everyone enjoyed the venue. It is a 5-star venue.

Sent on 05/21/2016
  • W

Whitney · Married on 08/01/2015

Makenna was amazing easy to work with.

Sent on 12/31/2015

Kim · Married on 08/30/2014

The Olson Mansion and crew made our wedding day so special! No girl ever dreams of changing all of her outdoor wedding plans the morning of...but Makenna and her team made it so seamless and kept me at ease! The barn was exceptional and I highly recommend using the sound/video package! The techs were amazing and friendly and really helped out my "out of town" DJ :)

Sent on 09/01/2014

Brandie · Married on 08/02/2014

This venue was absolutely beautiful. Makenna was wonderful to us and helped make my best friends wedding incredible. I would definitely recommend this venue to anyone.

Bob · Married on 08/02/2014

The Olson Mansion and Barn is a beautiful venue for a wedding. And the staff is great to work with. We couldn't have asked for anything better!

Lori · Married on 07/18/2014

We had a wedding for 200 , it was a beautiful venue, excellent service and flowed from the moment we go there. Outdoor ceremony then moved guests to the barn for sit down dinner, dancing and special evening of celebration. Loved the whole experience.

Sent on 09/01/2014

Diane · Married on 07/18/2014

The Olson Mansion was a perfect venue for our grandson's wedding. The unique facilities are perfect for crowds of any size, and the grounds are beautiful. Their Event Planner did a top-notch job!

Rebecca · Married on 10/04/2014

As a planner, I am exposed to a lot of different venues. While Olson Mansion was unfortunately in the midst of a management transition throughout the planning process for this couple, the venue walk-through, rehearsal and day-of experience were fantastic. We met Makenna who had taken over managing events with the venue. She was responsive and flexible for setting up a venue walk-through with myself, the caterer and the couple showing us where everything was and what we had access to. At the rehearsal, since it was on a Thursday, quite a few of the wedding party got stuck in traffic and arrived about 15 minutes late. She was flexible on our start and end time, allowing us the full hour to complete the rehearsal. On wedding day, she was available to help answer questions, restock restrooms, and even assist with lighting. If she was not on-site, she was easily accessible by phone call or text. Great experience, and would happily plan another event there. Thank you!

Sent on 10/08/2014

Bethany · Married on 06/03/2017

we got married here in june, it was perfect for our huge wedding, we had so many options of where the ceremony and reception could be. Makenna was very helpful through the process as well!

Sent on 08/21/2017

Alyssa · Married on 07/16/2016

My husband and I got married here back in July. When I first saw this venue I instantly fell in love with the whole barn, and all the land! It was beautiful. The staff was very friendly, and easy to work with. Our wedding was wonderful and we will always cherish this place and the day we got married. Definitely worth checking out!

Sent on 01/22/2017

Morgan · Married on 06/28/2014

4.2
      3.5

The grounds are beautiful! I used the mansion and barn. Both photographed great. Makenna, the event coordinator was SUPER helpful too. She met with us before hand and did anything we needed, and more, the day of.

Sent on 09/20/2014
  • Kar

Kar Star · Married on 08/10/2019

1.8
      2.0
      2.0
      3.0

Read this before you book!

Nice venue but the coordinator was terrible. The lights didn't work and we were forced to have no lights during dancing in favor of all the lights. The lawn wasn't mowed, dead bushes, called me at 8:30pm the night before the wedding with multiple questions we'd discussed at numerous meetings (she never wrote anything down). She didn't have a single smile the entire day. The extra costs, inflexibility on timing and move-in and out in one day is extremely difficult. It also was evident during rehearsal that we needed to do our own cleaning of areas including bathroom.

Sent on 09/13/2019

Beth · Married on 09/08/2018

1.2
      1.5
      1.5
      2.5
      0.5

If you want a stunning location for your event, this is a beautiful venue; if you want quality service, steer clear. Makenna was responsive BEFORE receiving the 50% non-refundable deposit, answering emails within minutes and phone calls promptly. AFTER the deposit was made, she went AWOL. Four months before the wedding, I emailed with concerns about the grounds. After a week, I hadn't received a response, so I emailed again. Two days later, still no reply. I called. Her voice mail was full. I called the church office number. Hours later, Makenna replied via email with a million excuses. I requested remedying conditions that were verbally implied upon signing the contract months earlier (e.g., hanging flower baskets; clean grounds; removal of irrelevant signs on glass at the gathering place; and removing a large trailer parked smack dab in front of the venue). She complied, but not without follow-up. We ended up weeding the grounds ourselves two days before the wedding. Following the initial sales pitch, I never saw Makenna again nor did I hear from her until final payment was due. Amanda was assigned to "oversee" the wedding/reception which included meeting a month in advance and providing day-of access to the venue. On both occasions, other customers were double-booked during our allotted time frame. On the day of, Amanda unlocked the doors and promptly disappeared. We were unable to turn on lights/access power and we had questions about location of tables/chairs and more. We wasted valuable set-up time trying to track Amanda down. During the event she was either gone or leaning on a wall, glued to her phone. Her attitude was rude and disconcerting. The only service we were satisfied with was the tech support which was staffed by a volunteer church member. No matter how tempting the beauty of this venue is, don't be fooled. If you don't mind zero service and lots of headaches, book this location.

Sent on 10/04/2018

Kaeli · Married on 04/06/2019

Do not book this venue

The venue is beautiful but it had way to many extra costs! Expect to spend closer to $7 to $8,000. They charged extra for EVERYTHING. Including ridiculous fees just to set up chairs.... let alone another charge on top of that to move the chairs. Every hour added to the rental for the barn is an outrageous $300. It was disturbing. Also the venue was so disrespectful the actual day of the wedding. If your family and friends like to have fun/drink DO NOT have your wedding here. They were over dramatic and ruined the night for many guests over accusations. They even assumed a guest was “over served” who is someone in our family that has a disability and mental health condition. We were APPALLED. Overall we had an amazing day and loved the beauty of the venue, but unfortunately if we were to do it all over again we would not choose this venue again. I recommend finding a similar venue instead!

Sent on 04/23/2019

Chris · Married on 09/08/2018

0.4
      0.5

We booked the Olson Mansion for our wedding venue. Sadly we had to call off the wedding less than 30days after signing the contract with Makenna Martin from Moments like this.

I understand they have a no refund policy but the wedding date is in September of 2018.

They were very unwilling to work with us I even offered to help find someone else to take the date but they would not work with us at all. She even encouraged me to release the date as soon as possible so they could rebook it and retain more money.

As a wedding venue and a church I thought they would be more concerned about the couples involved rather than few bucks in their pocket.

Please be aware this is how they treat the couples they work with.

Sent on 04/22/2017