Olde Dobbin Station Reviews

Olde Dobbin Station 5
  • Jessica

Jessica Brown · Getting married on 11/19/2020

Olde Dobbin breathtaking

I loved this venue. I hate the location. The GPS took me all over the place just to get there. Unfortunately this place is huge. My wedding party will be too small for it. I would definitely recommend this to someone else whose looking for a beautiful place .

Sent on 10/15/2019
  • Tessy

Tessy Grillo · Married on 06/18/2019

Phenomenal Venue!!

My daughter now lives in Austin, but grew up near Houston and wanted to get married in or near Houston. When she started searching for venues, Olde Dobbin Station was the only facility she even wanted to look at because they could hold more than 200 guests and she loved the photos on the website. Well, I have to tell you, the pictures do not even do the place justice. Her wedding was this past weekend and the beauty of the venue far surpassed our expectations. Not only is the place beautiful, but the acoustics in the building they use as the chapel are phenomenal! Everyone ohh and ahhed over the place! The reception hall is somewhat divided by three arches, so the dinner was served on one side of the room and the dance floor took up the other. Carrie and Brittany were so easy to work with and the staff on duty the night of our wedding was helpful and efficient. Look no further for the perfect venue to hold your next event...Olde Dobbin Station is the place!

Sent on 06/19/2019
  • Lynsey

Lynsey Curry · Married on 06/04/2019

ODS is THE best!

I am so grateful to have been able to book my wedding at such a beautiful, one of a kind wedding venue!
    Not only was the character of the chapel and reception hall unlike any other venue, Carrie(owner) and Brittany(manager) were unlike any other too. From the time I booked to the day of my wedding I felt welcome, important, and that they had everything taken care of! My guest count was 180 - and there was PLENTY of space. For the quality of the venue, owners/managers, the size of the space, the cost is priceless (which it is actually VERY affordable)! I can't thank Olde Dobbin Station and their team enough for such an easy and FUN experience. My wedding day was everything I could have imagined it to be and it all came to life because of ODS!

Olde Dobbin Station 6
    Olde Dobbin Station 7
    Olde Dobbin Station 8
    Sent on 06/19/2019

Allison Gilbert · Married on 05/25/2019

Beautiful venue!

My husband and I were married at Olde Dobbin Station on May 25th 2019. We planned our wedding from out of town (I'm originally from the Houston area) and we were so excited to find Olde Dobbin. Not only is the property gorgeous and has historical charm, but Brittany was awesome to work with. She always promptly answered any questions, was so friendly, and helped us with every detail. It was also great to be able to have the entire day to set up, have the wedding and tear down. Thank you for helping us make our day so special!!

Sent on 06/05/2019

Victoria · Married on 04/05/2019

Beautiful venue

This venue is absolutely beautiful! The owner and manager are very easy to work with

Sent on 04/22/2019

Jenene · Married on 12/08/2018

Highly recommend!

AMAZING. We looked at what felt like 20+ venues around the Houston area before deciding on Olde Dobbin Station, and words cannot properly describe how glad we are that we chose ODS for our wedding day. As a former wedding planner, I was absolutely blown away by Brittany and the entire ODS team on their professionalism, punctuality, helpfulness, and overall incredible help leading up to and on our wedding day. Brittany was extremely attentive and accommodating, and her genuine spirit made planning our day so very easy. The feedback we received from vendors and guests alike was incredibly positive, and we are so grateful we chose ODS for our special day. I would not change one single thing, and I highly recommend this venue!

Sent on 12/26/2018
  • Tracy

Tracy · Married on 09/21/2018

I currently live out of state, so finding a venue along with all the other things that go into a wedding was already stressful. I came across Olde Dobbin Station when I was home for a couple weeks and took a chance to go and check it out. I instantly fell in love. When my fiance, now husband, came down I had the venues narrowed to down to a couple, and he also love Olde Dobbin Station. I loved the historical, industrial look without the barn/country feel. I was a little sad the day of because I wanted to get married outside by their beautiful pond, but it was torrential downpouring most of the day, but luckily they have the chapel as a backup. It was still beautiful and one of the best days ever. I got so many compliments on the venue and the staff. Brittany and Carrie were great and super helpful with all my emails back and forth while planning from far away.

Sent on 10/11/2018
  • Brooke

Brooke Jackson · Married on 09/07/2018

Beautiful!

We fell in love with the place the second we saw it! Gorgeous venue and the lighting in the chapel is perfect. I could go on and on about how beautiful this place is and how great our photos turned out. Staff is absolutely wonderful. They are so responsive and helpful. They really want your day to be perfect! We got so many compliments from our guests about the venue!

Olde Dobbin Station 9
    Olde Dobbin Station 10
    Olde Dobbin Station 11
    Olde Dobbin Station 12
    Olde Dobbin Station 13
    Olde Dobbin Station 14
    Sent on 11/01/2018

Lauren · Married on 05/12/2018

I can't say enough good things about this venue. They were very receptive and willing to let me come and visit whenever I wanted. They handled situations in very professional ways, and I would strongly recommend them to anyone.

Sent on 06/25/2018

Pat · Married on 06/22/2017

Okay, let me tell you my story about Olde Dobbin Station.. Since the first day it was completed, my daughter said she wanted to get married there when ever she found someone to marry...well just laughed that off because she was still in school so like everything else, this too shall pass... well it didn't and when she fell in love and got engaged, that was the first thing she asked me... . I said no because I thought it was out of my price range...well did I learn fast... I thought of a place I thought would be nice to have a wedding, but learned fast I was responsible for doing everything... I asked myself, (do I really want do this)..the day my daughter got married, I turned 63, and learned fast I was too old to tackle this....at Olde Dobbin Station i didn't worry about anything...They gave plenty of vendors, florist, caterers etc to help you or you can find your own...I find flowers, decor is one of the most expensive things, but all you actually need there is the tables decorated.... you would not want to do anything else because the beautiful rustic building says it all... Don't worry about running out of beverages there... they always have extra...I have never seen anyone that was so hands on... Carrie, Brittany and staff is there for you... just turn around...okay yes, it may be a bit more, BUT not to have to worry about anything, well worth every penny and highly recommend this to anyone..such a beautiful and a moment you will never forget...I promise you.....

Sent on 05/29/2017

Samantha · Married on 05/05/2017

I was actually very blessed to grow up with Olde Dobbin Station literally in my backyard. So when I became engaged in November 2016 I knew where I wanted to have my wedding at. With a little persuasion towards my father I was blessed to be given the wedding of my dreams. My parents loved the idea of having everything there already. They had a bar set up along with bartenders and security which is a separate purchase but is totally worth it. My parents didn't have to go out and search for alcohol or bartenders or security. Along with all that there was a bridal sweat to get ready in and a groomsmen quarters for them to hang out. They have a full kitchen that you can use or store stuff in. We got to pick the vendors that we wanted, but ODS have amazing vendors that do a lot of business with them and know the facility inside and out. If you get a chance to go to one of there open houses I highly recommend it. Carrie is the owner and Brittany is her GM those ladies will go above and beyond to make it the wedding of your dreams. They will be honest and flexible and help you make the hard decisions, like on where to put little amount of money here or you might need a tad bit more there. If your working with a very limited budget don't worry this venue needs no decorations or lighting at all. The venue itself is beautiful inside and out. There are several options on this property to actually have your wedding at. Right now I know the rustic/ barn weddings are a big craze, but that's the neat thing with this building it was actually built in the 1800's by Conoco Philips it was utilized as an pump station to pump oil to Conroe to Navasota. Eventually it became a banded in 1954. Years after with several different owners the McCoys purchased it and turned it into one of Texas's premier wedding venues. My husband and I wouldn't have changed one decision we made about our wedding, we were truly honored and blessed to have had our wedding at Olde Dobbin Station.

Sent on 05/17/2017

Laura · Married on 03/25/2017

This venue to such a hidden gem! I happened to tour ODS with my fiancé and wedding coordinator, I had never heard of it and I was so glad that my coordinator brought us there. We loved the rustic industrial look that encompasses ODS. There is a main building and now a newly renovated chapel with bridal and grooms quarters. A few months before our wedding took place the owners began updates to the now chapel. It started off as an open space with no AC, very beautiful but not ideal for a Texas spring wedding. We had actually planned originally to do our ceremony in the main building but when then chapel was finished it was too perfect to pass up. The main building is very large and can accommodate a large weddings easily. This place is so great because you do not need to spend a lot of money on decorations to make it beautiful, it is so breathtaking on its own. The only thing I would have loved to have would be dark wood chivari chairs that were included with the venue. Picking linen to not make the provided white chairs pop was a little difficult with my navy and burgundy theme. Granted I was very thankful that the chivari chairs were included at all. And to top it all off, Carrie and Brittany are so friendly and easy to work with.

Sent on 05/04/2017
  • Y

Yanessa · Married on 03/18/2017

My husband & I immediately fell in love with ODS from the moment we drove up! We just couldn’t believe how gorgeous this venue was and we knew this was our place! We toured with Brittany and she was our main point of contact, but during my bridals my mom & I met Carrie and talked to her for a bit. They are both so kind, sweet and willing to help and answer any questions. Brittany was always very prompt in responding to emails and that is very much appreciated! The only issue when we toured and booked was that there wasn’t a designated area for my husband and his groomsmen to get ready other than the venue bathrooms, but they have since then added a groom’s suite & if it pretty sweet! The open building has now been closed up into a chapel and while I was envisioning our ceremony to be in an open building the renovations are absolutely gorgeous and those doors that Carrie’s husband made are so beautifully crafted! I will say that during our ceremony the a/c was shut off and that made it feel a bit warm in there. Other than that, all our guests were so in awe of ODS and our big day. Our parents and siblings all in other cities and we were so lucky to be allowed to show them the venue My husband & I choose ODS because we loved it, but we were not expecting all the compliments we got that day and afterwards. It was truly amazing to know that our special day was also special for our guests to witness in this beautiful venue! Thank you so much ODS team and can we just book our vow renewal / 25 year anniversary here already?! lol!

Sent on 03/30/2017
  • Casey

Casey · Married on 03/04/2017

I would recommend this vendor to ANYONE getting married and planning their own wedding (no coordinator). Brittany and Carrie are beyond amazing and helpful and respond to all your questions. They send you a large email right after you book the venue that states all their rules, which is so helpful when planning! They are honest, flexible, and always willing to help. The venue itself is perfectly beautiful as well. I had minimal decorations (on a budget) and no one even cared because the building itself is stunning! I wouldn't have wanted my wedding at any other place. I am forever grateful and blessed that my wedding memories come from Olde Dobbin Station!

Sent on 03/19/2017

Danielle · Married on 01/28/2017

Thank you for making my daughters wedding everything that she wanted.

Sent on 02/03/2017

Kelsey · Married on 06/04/2016

This place made our dream day perfect! Corbin was so helpful and sweet. I was slightly stressed because we got married during the flooding in this area. Corbin and Brittany both assured me that we would have a wedding and it would be perfect! From set up to the bar to decor, they were there every step of the way. They truly went above and beyond and I am so thankful for them. I could not image our day any other way and I am so thankful we had ODS to become husband and wife!

Sent on 06/21/2016

This venue is absolutely STUNNING! Perfect for my wedding reception and the staff is wonderful. Carrie is always so kind and accommodating anytime I contact her. They let you go visit as many times as you need before the wedding and you also have the option of taking bridal portraits there. I could not have imagined a more beautiful place to have a wedding.

Sent on 12/02/2015

Kayla · Married on 12/31/2015

I got married at Olde Dobbin Station on December 31, 2015. Carrie helped me throughout my entire engagement (1.5 years) whenever I needed the smallest things. We toured the venue with her and absolutely fell in love. The venue has so many options for your ceremony and reception, the possibilities are endless and she helped us envision those. Carrie and her team were SO accommodating with every little thing, from helping with transportation, hotel blocks and even possible layouts. On the day/night of the wedding, Carrie showed up full force and made my day INCREDIBLE. She didn't have to help as much as she did, but she gladly helped my coordinator and I don't think I ever saw her take a break from making sure the night went off without a problem. Also, the bar tenders were incredible, they were so nice and cared for all of my guests so well. There was an issue with under age drinking and security (provided by ODS) handled the issue flawlessly and no drama took place, I didn't even realize anything happened until I was told by family the next day. They also kept such a close eye to keep my guests safe. All of the staff was so happy to help and didn't seem phased that they were working during the new year. Also the venue is so roomy, we had seating for 260 people and didn't even use the front area, leaving us so much room to dance. And it is so beautiful you don't need to spend any extra money on decor, but you totally could if you wanted to :) I love that I could bring in all of my own vendors. Carrie also let me come to ODS any time I wanted, as long as I let her know ahead of time and provided there was nothing else going on there. I got my bridals taken there, and was also able to come out multiple times to show my wedding coordinator. But one of the biggest pluses is that you get the venue starting at 8am the day of your wedding, and if the venue is open you can decorate the day before, I was able to do this and it helped tremendously! I can't recommend ODS enough

Sent on 05/24/2016
  • Elizabeth

Elizabeth · Married on 12/27/2015

The BEST venue ever!! It was big enough to fit all of our family (300). Everyone who went to the wedding was so impressed on how beautiful the venue was. I remember I booked Olde Dobbin the day after my engagement. My friend was visiting this website a month before my husband proposed and I was so moved by the video they had on their website. I knew from that moment that when I had my wedding it would be there and I was so RIGHT! I loved everything!!!!!!!!! :)

Sent on 02/04/2016

Dani · Married on 12/20/2015

Olde Dobbin was the perfect location for my wedding! Absolutely beautiful venue and the staff is so easy to work with. They are quick to help and answer any questions you may have. They truly were great to work with! I could not have imagined a better wedding venue!

Sent on 01/27/2016

Sylvia · Married on 11/21/2015

I cannot even begin to describe how amazing our experience was with Olde Dobbin Station and their staff. From booking 1 &1/2 year advance to the day off. Any questions I had they were answered so quickly. So flexible with catering the day around what your dream wedding day needed. I love this place because Carrie (the owner) has really made it a pleasant experience when it comes to wedding planning. Completely worth every penny and can I just say that the actual building is absolutely AMAZING & BEAUTIFUL. THANK YOU Dobbin such a pleasure to work with you all and thank you for truly making my wedding the best day ever!

Sent on 12/15/2015

Olde Dobbin Station is a beautiful venue and I couldn't be happier with how everything turned out. Brittany is awesome to work with and I highly recommend her as a day of coordinator!

Sent on 11/23/2015

Kim · Married on 07/10/2015

Simply a beautiful venue! Carrie keeps it clean and in tip top shape , which is one of the things we loved about it. The options for set up are limitless. The place has so much character both inside and out that there really isn't a need for an over abundance of decorations. I would definitely suggest using preferred vendors who are familiar with the venue or at least have your chosen vendors make the trip out and familiar themselves with the place. At a minimum, get yourself a day of coordinator so you can relax! We are so happy we choose Olde Dobbin! Makes for amazing photos and videos!

Sent on 10/05/2015

Leslie · Married on 05/08/2015

I can not say enough about the wonderful Olde Dobbin station and their phenomenal staff. Corbin went out of her way to make our daughter's wedding perfect. The venue itself is beautiful and the staff is second to none. Our family and friends had a wonderful time at the wedding and raved all night about how beautiful everything looked. Thank you again a million times to Corbin and this phenomenal staff. We would absolutely recommend Olde Dobbin Station anyone planning a wedding or a big event.

Sent on 05/11/2015

Kaileigh · Married on 04/10/2015

I cannot wait to have my wedding at Olde Dobbin Station this April! Carrie and Corbin have been so helpful with all my questions, and I have loved working with them!

Sent on 11/24/2014