Ocotillo Reviews

16 Reviews for Ocotillo

• Noey

Noelle · Married on 06/01/2019

A personal favorite

Ocotillo Music played at my recent wedding and I was thrilled to have them there. Professional, friendly, talented, and flexible-I loved working with them. Don't hesitate to reach out if you are interested in a slightly more unique music duo for your event.

Sent on 06/06/2019

Ocotillo's reply:

Thanks, Noelle. It was a lovely wedding in a lovely setting, and we were honored to be part of it. We loved your creativity in walking down the aisle to a traditional Canon in D, then exiting to an uptempo version.

Abby · Married on 05/11/2018

So easy to work with from afar. Were able to improvise on music despite slight snafu with priest, and even found a singer for the ceremony!

Sent on 05/27/2018

Ocotillo's reply:

Thanks, Abby. It was a real pleasure playing for your wedding.

ella · Married on 09/17/2016

We loved everything about Cindy and Robert (Ocotillo). From the begging when we contacted them about music for our wedding they were willing to talk to us at any time available to fit us in. The music was picked in between us and them and OMG it was amazing. People loved it, and were really impressed out the music we hired. If I would have to pick again I would choose Ocotillo Music al over.

Sent on 10/13/2016

Mikhaila · Married on 06/03/2016

Robert and Cindy were absolutely amazing! Their elegant and beautiful music truly set the tone for our special day. Not only did they continually stay in touch with us throughout the entire process of our extensive music lists and last minute changes, but they even happily welcomed our unique request to accompany my sister as she sang during the ceremony. They even suggested a session with my sister to practice the song beforehand to ensure its perfection. We received so many compliments from our guests about how much they enjoyed listening to their music. I would recommend this amazing duo to anyone who plans on getting married (or for any other special occasion). We only had them play music during our ceremony and cocktail hour so one of our biggest regrets is not having them play during our dinner as well. Instead we settled for the DJ playing "classical" music. If you want your day to be extra special you definitely want to book Robert and Cindy :)

Sent on 08/23/2016

Kristin · Married on 04/16/2016

My fiance and I first heard Ocotillo play at an open house at our wedding venue-Boojum Tree Hidden Gardens. They are a cellist/guitarist duo who play upbeat and playful instrumental versions of popular music from the 1950s to today, and covering a range of artists from the Beatles to the Plain White T's. Booking them was easy and their prices incredibly reasonable. They have been very prompt with responding to emails- an essential for me as I am planning this wedding from across the country! During our final meeting they were able to play songs that we were considering, just to hear how they come across on their instruments. Overall has been a wonderful, stress-free experience and I can't wait to hear them at our wedding!

UPDATE-- We had our wedding and Ocotillo played during our ceremony and cocktail hour, which gave the time a more relaxed, natural feel. My guests commented how wonderful their playing was, and it was beautiful to hear their music during the ceremony. I would recommend them to anyone who is looking for a professional, experienced team!

Sent on 02/25/2016

Lisa · Married on 05/11/2015

Robert and Cindy, a married duo, were the highlight of our event. All our guests loved their renditions of the Beatles and Elvis songs. Under the moonlight, their music soaked into your soul. The preparation prior to our event was very easy and Ocotillo provided wonderful suggestions and answered all questions promptly. These musicians have personalities and lovely as their music. They even accepted requests from our guests from a customized list of preselected songs. We were honored to have their music at our renewal ceremony, and highly recommend with 5 stars!

Sent on 05/18/2015

Jodi · Married on 11/03/2013

I selected all classical music for my ceremony. Ocotillo Music did a fantastic job! The music was beautiful, exactly what I wanted. They are very professional and can do pretty much anything you want!

Sent on 11/26/2013

Jessica · Married on 10/19/2013

Robert and Cindy were great! Having booked a DJ for our reception at the Desert Botanical Gardens, we knew we wanted to go with live music for our ceremony/cocktail hour. We live in California, so were nervous about finding someone both good and affordable. We knew what we wanted; a duet or trio to play beautiful ceremony music but something a little more lively for cocktail hour. Right off the bat Ocotillo was the obvious choice and after getting a quote from Robert over the phone we booked them immediately. From there the process of choosing music was easy. They provided their song list and we had everything picked out after an hour skype call one night. They even broke out their instruments so we could hear first hand, which was nice for us since we couldn't come to their events that they invited us. Come wedding day, they arrived on time and did their own thing setting up. The music was perfect, good sound quality and we thought they provided the perfect soundtrack to ceremony. After that, our cocktail hour location was about 100 yards away from their setup at the ceremony, but they moved quickly without any problems. Again, their music really set tone for the moment. I even think they may have stayed and played a little later than schedule. All-in-all I don't think we could have found a better duo to match our vision and our budget. We highly recommend Ocotillo!

Sent on 11/24/2013

KRISTINE · Married on 12/28/2012

They played so beautifully! My ceremony was so beautiful...I highly recommend this husband and wife team for your ceremony music! They even play new music like, Trains, Marry Me. I had my wedding party walk down to this! I couldn't have asked for better and professional artists!!!

Sent on 01/19/2013

Hope · Married on 10/06/2012

Not only are Robert and Cindy true professionals- they are so personable and genuinely care about pleasing the bride! I gave them a general idea of the type of music I wanted and they came through with so much more! They even composed a special song for our ceremony- it was really beautiful and they truly completed our wedding.

Sent on 01/17/2013

Taylor · Married on 09/15/2012

Robert and Cindy were great to work with. What a special touch for a perfect day.

Sent on 11/04/2012

Michele · Married on 02/11/2012

Robert and Cindy performed at our daughter's cocktail reception at The Arizona Grand. Their music added a definite touch of class to the event and was enjoyed by all. They were terrific and I would highly recommend them to anyone who is looking to add that special touch to their wedding day!

Sent on 02/16/2012

Bethany · Married on 12/18/2011

I am so happy with my decision to have Ocotillo Music play at my wedding. I was looking for something unique to add to my ceremony that set it apart from ordinary; and Ocotillo music definitely exceeded my expectations. The musicians worked with me to create the playlist that I wanted and even went out of their way to compose specific songs. Their communication with me leading up to my wedding was excellent and I never felt unsure about any of the terms of our agreement. They showed up early, dressed professionally and played beautiful music. Their prices were much more reasonable than other options available in Phoenix. I would highly recommend Ocotillo Music to anyone who is looking for that "special touch" to their wedding.

Sent on 02/01/2012

Lenny · Married on 10/22/2011

Our wedding ceremony would not have been the same without them! We wanted a classic sound, but we also wanted something unique and personal, and they were able to give us both. The blend of the mandolin and cello, and the warm sound of the guitar, set the perfect tone for our wedding. And our family and friends are still talking about how much they loved the music! Ocotillo music was able to take the songs we love and give them a feel that both matched our personalities and the atmosphere that we wanted to share on such a special day. We can't thank Ocotillo music enough for their time, talent, and energy, and we hope that many others will have the opportunity to experience what we did.

Sent on 01/29/2012

Rosalinda · Married on 10/27/2012

We hired Ocotillo music to play music for our daughters wedding before and during the ceremony. We could not have been moe pleased with their beautiful performance. The guests were greeted with beautiful spanish classical and romantic music that set the perfect atmosphere for the romantic out door wedding my daughter wanted. I would most definately use them again and we are so very pleased to refer Ocotillo music to family and friends. - Mr & Mrs Lopez, Surprise Az

Sent on 11/02/2012

2.0
      2.0
      3.0

We had them play our ceremony. Beautiful music! Had a few great compliments. We also paid extra for them to provide a mic for our officiant. Unfortunately, the mic kept cutting out and it happened right in the middle of our vows!!! A lot of people said they couldn't understand us bc it was cutting out so bad and they were really upset they couldn't hear us. I said something to them after we got back from our honeymoon. They apologized then made it clear they checked it and it had never done that before. They offered to send us our money back then stating that they played closer to 2 hours and not the contracted 90 minutes. We asked them to send the money back bc it was specifically for the mic. They never responded nor did they send the money. Really disappointed.

Sent on 11/18/2013

Ocotillo's reply:

The $25 for the mic rental was mailed end of last week. If it didn't arrive in your mail today, it should be there Tuesday or Wednesday. We enjoyed playing your wedding and, at your request, adding "A Thousand Years" for the occasion. We did play more than the contracted time, for which we did not charge you.