Ocoee Lakeshore Center Reviews

10 | Ocoee, FL

10 Reviews for Ocoee Lakeshore Center

Audrey · Married on 02/18/2017

The entire staff at Ocoee Lakeshore Center was wonderful. The process leading up to our wedding was stress free due to the responsiveness and organization of Ocoee lakeshore center. They were always on top of things, sending me timely reminders and always promptly answering my countless questions. There was a good amount of flexibility, allowing me to add additional hours and features to my contract last minute as needed. The venue was beautiful, clean, and well maintained as expected.

On the day of- Margie went above and beyond assisting us. She really helped keep everything running smoothly-stepping in wherever needed. Overall we were very happy and would highly recommend.

Sent on 04/12/2017
  • Trinette

Trinette · Married on 07/16/2016

I cannot say enough about this venue and the staff that were there to help me in any way. My wedding was on 7/16/26 and it was truly beautiful. The ladies at Ocoee were so extremely helpful even when they may have felt there was not much they could help me with during a rough time where planning was concerned. The venue is very picturesque, I loved the bridal suite at Withers-Maguire House and the main building were the reception was held was immaculate. The value is great and anyone that is looking to have a fabulous wedding and is on a udgey would be very happy with the Ocoee Lakeshore Center.

Sent on 07/23/2016

Beautiful wedding spot. Gorgeous spaces and view for photography.

Sent on 09/01/2015

Nina · Married on 11/21/2015

Beautiful new event center owned by the city. Also has very nice large gazebo for outside ceremony. Beside the event center is the beautiful Withers Maguire historic home which has bride/groom dressing rooms. It also is a lovely wedding location. We worked with Kim. She was awesome to work with & helpful with ideas. There is no in-house caterer so you can use your own caterer.

Sent on 12/23/2015

jaime · event on: 01/18/2015

beautiful venue. the people at the office are very nice and professional they are great. I will recommend this venue to everyone that I know. thank you so much

Sent on 06/04/2015
  • Y

Yomaira · Married on 07/30/2016

Location is beautiful and well equipped to host a wedding. The staff is friendly and available to answer any questions you have. I never felt rushed or like I was taking up their time with my questions. The staff that was present during the event (David + Carolina) were very helpful the entire time. The only thing that I would change would be the timing on their reminder emails. Every time a "reminder' was being sent out it was always a day or two before the deadline or even after the deadline which wasn't very helpful. I'm assuming it was an automated machine type thing doing them. Also, you never have one specific assigned person to talk to from booking until the day of, so you constant get different people when you're trying to get answers. They were all able to help appropriately, but I think everything would have been more efficient if each renter was assigned a specific representative that way they are well acquainted with them and can quickly answer any questions. Overall, it was a great place and I would recommend it to anyone!

Sent on 10/31/2016

April · Married on 10/11/2014

4.2
      3.0

Beautiful, new venue on starke lake. Very picturesque! Very strict on rental times and not long enough block time being that set up and clean up are included in your venue time...

Sent on 11/15/2014

Jaymie · Married on 02/07/2015

3.8
      3.0

This is a new venue,very pretty and very nice space. They need to rethink how they pick t timing slots.
    You pay for 6 hours and the time starts as soon as you or the Caterer begins set up. So if you have a wedding their be prepare to pay for extra time or your reception is going to be very short.
    If they would allow for your time to start when your reception begins I would give them 5 starts. Everything else was great.

Sent on 02/26/2015

David · Married on 01/23/2016

3.4
      3.5

It was a beautiful facility to house a wedding, only drawback was not enough time for setup and cleanup, it's not included in your service times.

Sent on 02/03/2016
  • User4519219 · 2+ years ago

1.2
      0.5

The communication throughout the entire process was definitely NOT up to par. Booking the venue was incredibly easy! However, as soon as the agreement was signed, communication was almost non-existent. Visiting hours are incredibly hard for the average person who works during the week -- and this venue is completely unaccommodating with setting up a visit outside of the 3-day visiting schedule. Being in the military out-of-state, there are only certain times where I would be able to make the 5 hour drive to see the venue. When signing the agreement, we were assured that, because of our situation, they would be able to work with us -- that never happened. The event employees seemed almost "snobbish", and on multiple occasions we asked to speak to someone specific, only to be told that they were not in the office...when we could CLEARLY hear them in the background. On two separate occasions we had to talk to a manager to sort through miscommunication -- or lack of communication. The only positive to this venue rental was that the venue was beautiful. If being made to feel like a nuisance and having terrible customer service does not bother you - and the only thing that you care for is a beautiful venue, then this is the place for you. If not, it would behove you to search for another venue and save yourself the headache.

Sent on 02/27/2016