Ocean's Edge Restaurant & Event Center Reviews

34 | Sneads Ferry, NC

34 Reviews for Ocean's Edge Restaurant & Event Center

• Farrah

Farrah Holt · Getting married on 07/09/2021

Best Beach Wedding Venue!

During our wedding planning process, Ocean's Edge was the first and last wedding venue we toured because we knew from the moment we were there that this was the perfect venue for us! There was constant communication throughout the entire process and Amanda Kemp (wedding coordinator) was the best in making our day perfect! We had the Pender Hall rented Friday and Saturday but was able to come on Sunday to clean up which made it really stress free. We even stayed the night at St. Regis which made the whole experience very relaxing and convenient! Ocean's Edge food was amazing and everyone had a great time at the reception! I would recommend this venue to anyone who wants a perfect beach wedding!

Sent on 11/20/2020

Ocean's Edge Restaurant & Event Center's reply:

Thank you Farrah! You and your family were amazing to work for! Congratulations and we wish you both the best! ❤️
  • Taylor

Taylor Foote · Married on 11/07/2020

AMAZING Event Coordinator and GREAT Service!

Ocean's Edge was everything we wanted and more from our venue. Lauren was our event coordinator and she made sure every detail was perfect! Our bartender Shane was also extremely helpful on the day of the wedding! They were both SO wonderful and acomodated every need my husband and I had. We rented Pender Hall for all of Saturday and we got married on the beach. We downgraded the size of our wedding substantially due to Covid, and Lauren made sure we could still socially distance the people who were present. I could not recommend this venue more! I will be back to Topsail if only for the amazing memories I have from this experience!

Sent on 11/24/2020

Jan Davis for daughter · Married on 10/19/2019

The venue and food was great. Service was exceptional.

Great choice for our daughter's wedding. We worked with Emily and Greg, the owner who provided great customer service and suggestions for a fantastic event. I have to say that Greg really has a handle on how to help pull off a very successful event. His staff is amazing. With rain threatening the outside wedding he kept us up to date on how far out it was to make sure that my daughter would have her dream event on the beach. We were very satisfied with everything that we requested. They were accommodating with letting us in early to decorate and provided a welcoming atmosphere. The groom's family chose to have the rehearsal dinner at the restaurant with such an amazing view and quality service there as well. I can't say enough how thankful we are. Greg, the staff and Ocean's Edge is an ideal choice for a beach wedding and reception.

Sent on 11/09/2019
  • Ang

Angela · Married on 09/28/2019

Ohio Bride

Ocean’s Edge is such a beautiful venue! They have 3 rooms to choose from but we went with the Overlook because I could not pass up those views! You have a panoramic views of the Atlantic Ocean for miles and miles! You cannot beat that. Greg, the owner, is fantastic to work with! The food was DELICIOUS too! His staff is very friendly and helpful. You will not regret booking this venue!

Sent on 10/03/2019
  • Chelsea

Chelsea · Married on 05/18/2019

Great view!

Olivia was great and very professional. Beautiful view and great food!

Sent on 06/08/2019
  • Dee

Dee Benz · Married on 05/18/2019

A beautiful way to start a lifetime of memories!!

What a beautiful destination wedding for my son and his bride! Our initial tour of the reception halls and the private room with outstanding ocean views overlooking the restaurant was a definite YES for our rehearsal dinner and the wedding reception. The stairs approaching the serene beach made this an easy decision for the happy couple's ceremony! As parents of the groom, we were honored to put on such a lovely event for our son and his wife. We all instantly connected to the event coordinator Emily who was responsive, warm and full of suggestions, ideas and options. We also met Shane, who was equally kind and invested. Our event was small and intimate (40 people) and it was nice to have both Emily and Shane attend to our celebration as coordinator, prep staff, bartender and server! We would not hesitate to return to this lovely venue and work with Emily again for our other adult children's Big Days.

Sent on 06/19/2019

Rebecca McCann · Married on 05/17/2019

Our Destination Wedding

We had a great experience working with the team at Ocean’s Edge! From having our rehearsal dinner ready, to the day of the wedding, everything was a smooth process.
    Emily, our wedding coordinator, was a blessing. She worked to create the day we have dreamed of. Emily made sure that everyone was on the same page for the day of the wedding! As a bride, Emily made me feel confident and comfortable the day of the wedding.
    The food is AMAZING at Ocean’s Edge, and our guests loved that they could eat dinner and look at the stunning view. The view from the restaurant is amazing, and highly unique on the island.
    We have established life long friendships with the staff at Ocean’s Edge, and are already planning our one year anniversary trip.
    We would highly recommend Ocean’s Edge!

Sent on 06/14/2019

Schauren · Married on 05/04/2019

Emily is lovely

Once Emily took over everything went smoothly. She was always there to help out with changes and made sure we had what we needed. Wedding on the beach was set up perfectly as well.

Sent on 05/18/2019

Ocean's Edge Restaurant & Event Center's reply:

Thank you so much for your review, Schauren! We loved having the opportunity to work with you and felt lucky to be a part of your special day. Wishing you all the best!

Kelsey · Married on 04/19/2019

Emily and Greg were helpful every step of the way!

The view from the venue instantly had us locked in from the moment we stepped off the elevator. This view, even in a brief storm, had our guests amazed. We were told many times how incredible the view was! It’s absolutely breathtaking! Emily was nothing short of amazing. To say she was there for me every step of the way is an understatement. Greg was also super helpful especially the final days leading up to the wedding. The food provided by Ocean’s’s Edge was delicious! The bartenders were really quick and cranking out drinks for our guests! The day couldn’t have gone any better!! Thank you Emily and Greg for everything!

Sent on 04/22/2019

Arndrell · Married on 12/01/2018

Gorgeous View

Beautiful view. Ocean back drop view. Ocean Edge in North Topsail was beautiful. Allowed for beautiful photos.

Sent on 12/07/2018

Taylor · Married on 08/05/2018

Emily made my wedding day a dream come true. I cannot thank her and her staff enough for going above and beyond for me and my husband. 1000000% recommend.

Sent on 08/08/2018

Ocean's Edge Restaurant & Event Center's reply:

Thank you Taylor! We had a wonderful time celebrating you and EJ. Cheers to a lifetime of happiness!

Keara · Married on 01/29/2018

Awesome awesome awesome! Greg was so responsive and helpful throughout the whole experience! Made the whole process so easy and pleasant!

Sent on 02/19/2018

Ocean's Edge Restaurant & Event Center's reply:

We are so happy you enjoyed your experience. Thank you for letting us be part of your day and we hope to see you again soon!

Maya · Married on 09/23/2017

I contacted the Topsail Shrimp House for details and a visit in February 2016. All emails were answered with a swift reply and all my concerns were answered. I couldn't be more pleased and impressed with how nice the coordinator was.

The venue is on the top floor with an uninterrupted view of the ocean. It's absolutely breathtaking. A proposal was quickly written up and enough time was given to me to go over with my family. Unfortunately, I'm not able to do it this year. The coordinator was very understanding and even offered a solution without being too pushy. I definitely appreciate the tact and kindness shown by her. I definitely plan on having my wedding here when the time comes because you cannot buy the comfort and professionalism given by the Topsail Shrimp House. I thank them for their time they gave me. I have told everybody about the Topsail Shrimp House because they deserve the recognition. I really cannot wait to have it here!

Any bride who is considering should just inquire and visit the restaurant. It will be worth your time.

Sent on 03/15/2016

Ocean's Edge Restaurant & Event Center's reply:

Thank you for your kind words Maya! We are very happy you have enjoyed your experience with us so far and look forward to working with you on your wedding next year!

Alexandra · Married on 09/09/2017

This was the perfect spot to celeb our wedding!
    I would book this venue every year if weddings were annual ! Haha
    Jeahn was an incredible coordinator who went ABOVE AND BEYOND for our big day! She and the help of her intern, Emily, made our arbor decor and bought the decorations themselves.
    Jeahn had the best personality to work with! So kind, funny, straight forward, and head strong!
    Emily was such a sweet young lady, such a great help and friendly to talk with!
    Will recommend to anyone and everyone!
    Our wedding was FANTASTIC because of these ladies!

Sent on 09/10/2017

Alex,
    Thank you for the glowing review. We truly enjoyed working with you and your mother. Your wedding was a fun event that we are so happy to have helped make happen for you. We wish you many years of happiness!

Cheers!

Megan · Married on 08/04/2017

I worked. Why closely with Jeahn and she was absolutely wonderful! Very willing to help and give advice to this bride who had no idea what she was doing :)

Sent on 08/18/2017

Ocean's Edge Restaurant & Event Center's reply:

Megan, It was so much fun working with you! We are thrilled to hear Jeahn made your wedding experience that much better and look forward to seeing you again.

Arline · Married on 05/06/2017

As with any company that you will be dealing with for a destination wedding, it's all in the details! So, go over them ad nauseam!

Sent on 05/24/2017

Ashley · Married on 04/29/2017

Everyone at Ocean's Edge was amazing. Planning a wedding from out of state has many challenges, but Jeahn was there every step of the way to make sure it was exactly what we wanted. We also had a lot of last minute changes that they were able to accommodate. I can not say enough good things about Jeahn and all of the staff there. The views of the ocean are unreal, so glad we found this hidden gem! We had the most amazing day, thank you!

Sent on 05/23/2017

Jessica · Married on 04/22/2017

Dixon High School held our annual Prom at Ocean's edge this year. IT WAS PERFECT!! The staff was so helpful with planning, decorating, and facilitating the event to make sure it went off without a hitch! I couldn't have asked for a better team to work with! Jeahn and the Ocean's Edge staff were amazing!! Thank you so much and we are already looking forward to next year!! :)

Sent on 05/08/2017

Ocean's Edge Restaurant & Event Center's reply:

We absolutely LOVED hosting prom and can't wait to see what the theme is for 2018!

Tabitha · Married on 03/25/2017

AMAZING!!! I could not have asked for a better location for my wedding day. The venue comes with an amazing wedding planner named Jeahn. She helped me plan the most amazing wedding ceremony on the beach and reception in the restaurant. Jeahn was so easy to work with while planning and she took care of everything on my wedding day. If you are planning a wedding you need to consider Ocean's Edge. The food was delicious and the service was outstanding! All my guest complimented me on how awesome everything was. Everyone loved the view, food, and staff! I could not have asked for anything better on my wedding day.

Sent on 05/04/2017

Tabitha,
    Thank you for the great review. It truly was awesome to see your fairy light vision come to life and the party to follow was one for the memory books. We wish you and Nathan many years of happiness, dancing and parties to come! Cheers!

Dandi · Married on 01/20/2017

We celebrated my husband’s military retirement at Ocean’e Edge, and I have to say that it turned out better than expected! The Event Coordinator and staff were exceptional to work with and I want to make sure that anyone that wants to plan fantastic party, for whatever reason, you would be STUPID if you did not consider or check this place out!

I would like to share my experience with everyone. Jeahn was very professional, knowledgeable and was prepared to address every concept, idea or concern I had and offer many suggestions that were a great hit. They turned my vision into a reality without missing a single detail. The service provided and the food was beyond perfect. No one went hungry, I can attest to that. This is the first party that I have planned where I was able to enjoy the festivities and food versus running around making sure everyone was enjoying themselves or dealing with any problems. I want to thank everyone for the stellar service!

I would not hesitate to recommend Ocean’s Edge to others in the future for any type of party. To the staff: Working with all of you was a very good and positive experience for me. The event was truly a 5 star event. Again, Thank you.

Sent on 08/10/2017

Ocean's Edge Restaurant & Event Center's reply:

It was a pleasure working with you and we love hearing that you were able to relax and enjoy the celebration without worry. Our goal is to keep planning easy and ensure that you are able to be part of the moment. We wish you both the best in retirement and the next round of adventures coming your way!
  • Melissa

Melissa · Married on 10/22/2016

I reached out to Jeahn at Oceans Edge (formally Topsail Shrimp House) February 2016. During our initial phone conversation I just knew that I had found the right ceremony and reception venue for our wedding! Our beach wedding was on October 22, 2016. We used Oceans Edge for the rehearsal dinner, ceremony, and reception. I seriously can not thank Jeahn enough for all she did to make our wedding amazing. Jeahn was extremely helpful and attentive to all of our questions and needs. On the big day I literally did not have to worry about one thing. Everything was flawless. The food was amazing, the new floors and updated venue was breathtaking, and the coordination by Jeahn was beyond anything I could have ever asked for. Oceans Edge will always have a special place in our hearts. Highly recommended!

Sent on 04/28/2016

Ocean's Edge Restaurant & Event Center's reply:

Thank you Melissa! We are so excited for your wedding in October!

Melissa · Married on 10/22/2016

Sent on 12/22/2016

Misty · Married on 10/02/2016

The Wedding was Beautiful and just perfect! The staff was wonderful and so friendly and helpful. The wedding cordinator was fabulous as well! We had a wonderful experience.

Sent on 10/07/2016

Ocean's Edge Restaurant & Event Center's reply:

Hi Misty! We are so happy you enjoyed your experience here at Ocean's Edge/Topsail Shrimp House. It was a pleasure working with you to plan Lauren & Philip's wedding. Thank you, again, for choosing us for their special day!

Edwarwd · Married on 09/24/2016

My wife Jill and I got married at the Shrimp House on Sept. 17, 2016 and we could not have been happier! Jeahn and her team are top notch and very accomodating! We can not saye enough great things about the location and staff! We live in Charlotte and Jeahn was super easy to work with...had great recommendations as far as food and set-up. I will tell you that the food at the wedding was as advertised and everyone was talking about how good the Prime Rib was along with the firecracker shrimp. I would HIGHLY recommend this location to anyone and Jeahn and her team are the BEST!! Jill and I can't say enough great things about this location and the team there at the Shrimp House! We will be back for our 1 year anniversary!!

Sent on 11/14/2016

Jill and Ed,
    Thank you for the kind words! We are so happy you enjoyed your experience with us...especially the Prime Rib as it is our favorite too! Your beautiful wedding is one for our memory books and we are grateful to have been a part of it. Cheers to years of happiness!

Sara · Married on 03/19/2016

Our wedding was perfect with this venue! Can not say enough kind words about the coordinator and restaraunt in general! The assesibilty to the beach and available places to stay is an added bonus. Our wedding planning took place with construction/ upgrades taking place and I always got a quick response. The food is delicious. I would do it again with this venue a million times!

Sent on 03/20/2016

Ocean's Edge Restaurant & Event Center's reply:

Thank you Sara & Will! It was such a perfect day and we were happy to be part of it. Congratulations and cheers to many years of happiness!