Ocean's Edge Restaurant & Event Center Reviews

Ocean's Edge Restaurant & Event Center 1
Ocean's Edge Restaurant & Event Center 2

Arndrell · Married on 12/01/2018

Gorgeous View

Beautiful view. Ocean back drop view. Ocean Edge in North Topsail was beautiful. Allowed for beautiful photos.

Taylor · Married on 08/05/2018

Emily made my wedding day a dream come true. I cannot thank her and her staff enough for going above and beyond for me and my husband. 1000000% recommend.

Sent on 08/08/2018
    Ocean's Edge Restaurant & Event Center 3

Ocean's Edge Restaurant & Event Center's reply:

Thank you Taylor! We had a wonderful time celebrating you and EJ. Cheers to a lifetime of happiness!

Keara · Married on 01/29/2018

Awesome awesome awesome! Greg was so responsive and helpful throughout the whole experience! Made the whole process so easy and pleasant!

Sent on 02/19/2018

Ocean's Edge Restaurant & Event Center's reply:

We are so happy you enjoyed your experience. Thank you for letting us be part of your day and we hope to see you again soon!

Maya · Married on 09/23/2017

I contacted the Topsail Shrimp House for details and a visit in February 2016. All emails were answered with a swift reply and all my concerns were answered. I couldn't be more pleased and impressed with how nice the coordinator was.

The venue is on the top floor with an uninterrupted view of the ocean. It's absolutely breathtaking. A proposal was quickly written up and enough time was given to me to go over with my family. Unfortunately, I'm not able to do it this year. The coordinator was very understanding and even offered a solution without being too pushy. I definitely appreciate the tact and kindness shown by her. I definitely plan on having my wedding here when the time comes because you cannot buy the comfort and professionalism given by the Topsail Shrimp House. I thank them for their time they gave me. I have told everybody about the Topsail Shrimp House because they deserve the recognition. I really cannot wait to have it here!

Any bride who is considering should just inquire and visit the restaurant. It will be worth your time.

Sent on 03/15/2016

Ocean's Edge Restaurant & Event Center's reply:

Thank you for your kind words Maya! We are very happy you have enjoyed your experience with us so far and look forward to working with you on your wedding next year!

Megan · Married on 08/04/2017

I worked. Why closely with Jeahn and she was absolutely wonderful! Very willing to help and give advice to this bride who had no idea what she was doing :)

Sent on 08/18/2017

Ocean's Edge Restaurant & Event Center's reply:

Megan, It was so much fun working with you! We are thrilled to hear Jeahn made your wedding experience that much better and look forward to seeing you again.

Arline · Married on 05/06/2017

As with any company that you will be dealing with for a destination wedding, it's all in the details! So, go over them ad nauseam!

Ashley · Married on 04/29/2017

Everyone at Ocean's Edge was amazing. Planning a wedding from out of state has many challenges, but Jeahn was there every step of the way to make sure it was exactly what we wanted. We also had a lot of last minute changes that they were able to accommodate. I can not say enough good things about Jeahn and all of the staff there. The views of the ocean are unreal, so glad we found this hidden gem! We had the most amazing day, thank you!

Jessica · Married on 04/22/2017

Dixon High School held our annual Prom at Ocean's edge this year. IT WAS PERFECT!! The staff was so helpful with planning, decorating, and facilitating the event to make sure it went off without a hitch! I couldn't have asked for a better team to work with! Jeahn and the Ocean's Edge staff were amazing!! Thank you so much and we are already looking forward to next year!! :)

Sent on 05/08/2017

Ocean's Edge Restaurant & Event Center's reply:

We absolutely LOVED hosting prom and can't wait to see what the theme is for 2018!

Tabitha · Married on 03/25/2017

AMAZING!!! I could not have asked for a better location for my wedding day. The venue comes with an amazing wedding planner named Jeahn. She helped me plan the most amazing wedding ceremony on the beach and reception in the restaurant. Jeahn was so easy to work with while planning and she took care of everything on my wedding day. If you are planning a wedding you need to consider Ocean's Edge. The food was delicious and the service was outstanding! All my guest complimented me on how awesome everything was. Everyone loved the view, food, and staff! I could not have asked for anything better on my wedding day.

Sent on 05/04/2017

Ocean's Edge Restaurant & Event Center's reply:

Tabitha, Thank you for the great review. It truly was awesome to see your fairy light vision come to life and the party to follow was one for the memory books. We wish you and Nathan many years of happiness, dancing and parties to come! Cheers!

Dandi · Married on 01/20/2017

We celebrated my husband’s military retirement at Ocean’e Edge, and I have to say that it turned out better than expected! The Event Coordinator and staff were exceptional to work with and I want to make sure that anyone that wants to plan fantastic party, for whatever reason, you would be STUPID if you did not consider or check this place out!

I would like to share my experience with everyone. Jeahn was very professional, knowledgeable and was prepared to address every concept, idea or concern I had and offer many suggestions that were a great hit. They turned my vision into a reality without missing a single detail. The service provided and the food was beyond perfect. No one went hungry, I can attest to that. This is the first party that I have planned where I was able to enjoy the festivities and food versus running around making sure everyone was enjoying themselves or dealing with any problems. I want to thank everyone for the stellar service!

I would not hesitate to recommend Ocean’s Edge to others in the future for any type of party. To the staff: Working with all of you was a very good and positive experience for me. The event was truly a 5 star event. Again, Thank you.

Sent on 08/10/2017

Ocean's Edge Restaurant & Event Center's reply:

It was a pleasure working with you and we love hearing that you were able to relax and enjoy the celebration without worry. Our goal is to keep planning easy and ensure that you are able to be part of the moment. We wish you both the best in retirement and the next round of adventures coming your way!
  • Melissa

Melissa · Married on 10/22/2016

I reached out to Jeahn at Oceans Edge (formally Topsail Shrimp House) February 2016. During our initial phone conversation I just knew that I had found the right ceremony and reception venue for our wedding! Our beach wedding was on October 22, 2016. We used Oceans Edge for the rehearsal dinner, ceremony, and reception. I seriously can not thank Jeahn enough for all she did to make our wedding amazing. Jeahn was extremely helpful and attentive to all of our questions and needs. On the big day I literally did not have to worry about one thing. Everything was flawless. The food was amazing, the new floors and updated venue was breathtaking, and the coordination by Jeahn was beyond anything I could have ever asked for. Oceans Edge will always have a special place in our hearts. Highly recommended!

Sent on 04/28/2016

Ocean's Edge Restaurant & Event Center's reply:

Thank you Melissa! We are so excited for your wedding in October!

Melissa · Married on 10/22/2016

Misty · Married on 10/02/2016

The Wedding was Beautiful and just perfect! The staff was wonderful and so friendly and helpful. The wedding cordinator was fabulous as well! We had a wonderful experience.

Sent on 10/07/2016

Ocean's Edge Restaurant & Event Center's reply:

Hi Misty! We are so happy you enjoyed your experience here at Ocean's Edge/Topsail Shrimp House. It was a pleasure working with you to plan Lauren & Philip's wedding. Thank you, again, for choosing us for their special day!

Edwarwd · Married on 09/24/2016

My wife Jill and I got married at the Shrimp House on Sept. 17, 2016 and we could not have been happier! Jeahn and her team are top notch and very accomodating! We can not saye enough great things about the location and staff! We live in Charlotte and Jeahn was super easy to work with...had great recommendations as far as food and set-up. I will tell you that the food at the wedding was as advertised and everyone was talking about how good the Prime Rib was along with the firecracker shrimp. I would HIGHLY recommend this location to anyone and Jeahn and her team are the BEST!! Jill and I can't say enough great things about this location and the team there at the Shrimp House! We will be back for our 1 year anniversary!!

Sent on 11/14/2016

Ocean's Edge Restaurant & Event Center's reply:

Jill and Ed, Thank you for the kind words! We are so happy you enjoyed your experience with us...especially the Prime Rib as it is our favorite too! Your beautiful wedding is one for our memory books and we are grateful to have been a part of it. Cheers to years of happiness!

Sara · Married on 03/19/2016

Our wedding was perfect with this venue! Can not say enough kind words about the coordinator and restaraunt in general! The assesibilty to the beach and available places to stay is an added bonus. Our wedding planning took place with construction/ upgrades taking place and I always got a quick response. The food is delicious. I would do it again with this venue a million times!

Sent on 03/20/2016

Ocean's Edge Restaurant & Event Center's reply:

Thank you Sara & Will! It was such a perfect day and we were happy to be part of it. Congratulations and cheers to many years of happiness!

I can not imagine a more perfect venue with nicer people...and the food was fantastic!

Sent on 02/08/2016

Ocean's Edge Restaurant & Event Center's reply:

Thank you! Wishing you both the best in all your married adventures!

Kristen · Married on 05/20/2017

Absolutely perfect. The ceremony and venue were beautiful, the food was excellent and the service was OUTSTANDING. Jeahn, the coordinator, was knowledgeable and handled all our logistics and questions with ease and professionalism. Because of her, I didn't have to worry about a single thing the entire wedding weekend. She made me feel like everything was taken care of and she not only delivered but exceeded every expectation.
    The bartenders (who worked VERY hard for our group - ha!) and staff not only did their job but made us feel valued and welcome. We've gotten as many compliments on the OE staff as on the food!
    It truly was a perfect weekend. Thank you Ocean's Edge!!!!

Sent on 05/23/2017

Ocean's Edge Restaurant & Event Center's reply:

Kristen, Thank you for the great review! We love hearing that your guests are still raving about your beautiful wedding. Here we are still swooning over the pictures of your eclectic centerpieces. Love! We wish you both many years of happiness and adventure!

Justein · Married on 11/14/2015

We had THE BEST experience with the Topsail Shrimp House as our reception venue in November 2015. Our ceremony took place on the beach directly behind the building, which made it fantastic and convenient for our guests. Jeahn was fantastic and helped a ton not only with the reception logistics, but also with support and information about local vendors (and her experience with other events). Jeahn was extremely quick to respond to all communication prior to and following the event. She also offered her services as the conduit between the vendors and the reception area for set up and planning.
    I cannot say enough about our satisfaction with the staff the day of the wedding. The staff were extremely accommodating of our timeline to include set up, cocktail hour, reception, and we even ended up scrapping our after party and drinking out the Shrimp House bar! Set up and tear down was especially tricky as we did it all ourselves, and the staff was very understanding of our needs (you can see some photos on their Facebook and web pages from our beautiful, rustic navy/blush wedding!).
    The table placements and linens were perfect and exactly how we discussed. The champagne service and the cake service was timely- and I can NEVER SAY ENOUGH ABOUT THE FOOD! We went with buffet style with shrimp and grits and it was a crowd pleaser- and so was the open bar, of course. We had many people in from out of town and there was not one negative comment! The only reason I am deducting a portion of a star is because, at the time of our wedding, the carpet, blinds and bathrooms were somewhat shabby and out of date. Luckily, we had our reception at sunset, so most people were staring at the ocean anyways. I will say it looks as though they’ve made some beautiful updates to the space since then!

Sent on 04/28/2016

Ocean's Edge Restaurant & Event Center's reply:

Thank you Justein! We loved hosting your wedding and it was absolutely beautiful! Thank you for the kind words and for letting us use pictures of your event. We wish you both many years of happiness and hope you will visit us for an anniversary someday!

mark · Married on 04/29/2017

My advice is to book this venue. Jeahn was very professional and had to make some changes on the fly due to last minute changes we made. The staff was very friendly and the food was delicious. Also the staff running the open bar were so nice and friendly. Overall it was a great experience and we would not change anything.

Sent on 06/01/2017

Ocean's Edge Restaurant & Event Center's reply:

Thank you for the great review! Flexibility is key in event execution and we are happy our staff lived up to expectations. We also think our bartenders are the best and will pass along your praise. Cheers to years of happiness!

Donna · Married on 06/24/2017

Wonderful experience. Family gathering for husband's 60th Birthday
    Food, service, excellent

Sent on 07/13/2017

Ocean's Edge Restaurant & Event Center's reply:

Donna, It was a pleasure working with you to plan such a fun dinner for your husband. Your family and friends were a great group to cater to and we love hearing that you had a great time. We look forward to seeing you again!

KARI · Married on 05/06/2017

The day of our wedding everything went great! The food was awesome and bar tenders/servers were excellent. I would caution that couples choosing this venue make sure you know exactly what is or is not allowed for decorations as we had a temporary hiccup in that department! Other than that tiny speed bump in the planning process I would highly recommend the venue simply for the breathtaking view and great team there!

Sent on 05/31/2017

Ocean's Edge Restaurant & Event Center's reply:

Kari, Thank you for the great review. We apologize again about the hiccup in communication and have fixed the issue so future couples do not have the same problem. More than anything, we are happy that it did not interfere with your reception vision and everything still turned out beautifully!! The greenery and candles were a fabulous combination. We wish you both many years of happiness and dance parties!

My wife and I renewed our vows on the lovely Topsail Island in May 2015. We had a nice spring day for our brief ceremony. The reception at Topsail Shrimp House was spectacular! We celebrated with friends and family at the top of the resort facility overlooking the Atlantic Ocean. Jeahn managed the event flawlessly, anticipating our every need and guided us through the preparation process with just the right amount of knowledgeable suggestions. She really made an effort to understand who we were and what we wanted- the end result was perfection! The reception was spectacular and exactly what we had dreamed of it being! The staff, facility, food, cocktails, and service were absolutely fitting for the fantastic location for our special day! It was a day that we, and all of our guests, will remember forever!

Sent on 02/16/2016

Ocean's Edge Restaurant & Event Center's reply:

Thank you for the fabulous review! Your vow renewal truly was a fun and beautiful event! Cheers to many more happy years!

Maggie · Married on 10/21/2017

3.2
      3.0

The venue is BEAUTIFUL! I couldn't have found a better setting both for the beach ceremony and the reception. The food was amazing. My only complaints would be the communication.organization and overbooking. I would send e-mails to Jeahn, the coordinator and not always get a response unless I sent a 2nd email. She asked me to send her a seating chart, I did and labeled how many people and highchairs were needed at each table and she never looked at it. I had to tell those working that they were missing and where they went 20 mins before walking down the aisle. There were 2 other weddings booked for the same day around the same time and Jeahn couldn't keep each party straight, she kept getting confused with the way I wanted things done. As a result she sent the wrong people down the aisle at the wrong time, which messed up the the DJ and the song's he was supposed to play for the parents.

Sent on 11/21/2017
    Ocean's Edge Restaurant & Event Center 4

Ocean's Edge Restaurant & Event Center's reply:

Hi Maggie, We are happy to hear you enjoyed the view and food. Our staff is still talking about how much fun you and your guests were. We are sorry about the communication issues and your disappointment with our coordinator. Due to extenuating circumstances we found ourselves short handed this Fall. Please know that we have additional event staff in training to ensure that this never happens again. Cheers to many years of happiness!

Laura · Married on 05/24/2014

2.6
      1.0

We did not have a good experience with our wedding or reception at this venue. The view is absolutely georgeous and the food tasted great; however, not much else met our expectations. There were items on the contract that the venue did not perform, we were required to pay for a wedding coordinator whom lacked professionalism and organizational skills. She had poor communication, asked us the same questions multiple times, did not respond in a timely manner (and occasionally would text instead of return a phone call or email). She was rude to our wedding party at the rehearsal, and kept changing the prices on us. The biggest thing was that during our reception, we saw her out on the beach showing another couple around - she was hardly present and the DJ and I had to basically wing it. She was not on time the morning of the wedding for when my family arrived to set up, and she had nearly not communicated to the staff helping because they did not even know when the wedding does. She didn't ask us one time if the wedding and reception was going as planned and didn't touch base with us at all during the reception. The owner was also present and never asked how it was going and if there was anything else they could do. There is a separate bar on the same floor of the restaurant that we were told would be closed; however, it opened well before the reception was over. We were very displeased and would not recommend this venue to anyone.