OceanCliff Reviews

OceanCliff 4
OceanCliff 5

Britt Conklin · Getting married on 11/14/2020

Amazing, seamless experience

We had such a wonderful experience working with Galen at Oceancliff. She helped us with every aspect of what we were looking for. Gave us reasonable feedback, was incredibly honest and super attentive. I never felt like I was annoying her with my millions of questions. The venue and location as well as the staff are top-notch. So happy we will be having our special day here.

Sent on 09/05/2019

Amy Eisenberg · Married on 09/01/2019

Absolutely Amazing!!!

We had my son and daughter-in-laws rehearsal dinner at Ocean Cliff in Newport this past weekend and it was absolutely amazing! We had 39 people out in their tent with the incredible water/sunset in the background and it couldn't have been a more beautiful setting. I cannot say enough good things about our experience there. The quality of service, food, professionalism of the teams, and over all experience at Ocean Cliff was impeccable! Everyone there was truly amazing and I would recommend this venue to everyone & anyone looking to have an event there! It was perfect from beginning to end.

Sent on 09/06/2019
  • Stephanie

Stephanie Smolenski · Married on 09/01/2019

Used the Schooner Aurora for our rehearsal dinner!

We set sail from OceanCliff's Schooner Aurora for a sunset sail and WOW! It could not have been more incredible. The crew were so wonderful, and the sailing so incredibly smooth; the food was delicious and they were able to accommodate our guests with dietary restrictions with ease. I cannot recommend highly enough.

Sent on 10/03/2019

JACQUELINE · Married on 06/28/2018

This venue is breath taking, can't wait to experience it all during my wedding next year!!!!

Sent on 10/15/2017

Chad · Married on 06/09/2018

We held our rehearsal dinner at Safari Room at OceanCliff and had a wonderful evening! We chose the Safari Room because we wanted a restaurant in Newport that could handle a very large party and heard some wonderful things from people who had eaten at the restaurant. We worked with several people, all of whom were easy to work with and extremely helpful in creating a menu and setting a space for our rehearsal dinner. We started with cocktails and passed hors d'oeuvres on the lawn then moved inside the restaurant for a wonderful lobster and steak dinner. The event coordinator Ashley was fantastic and her team of waiters and barstaff made the evening run so smoothly. The food was fantastic! Everyone that attended had a wonderful meal. Safari Room was even able to accommodate a group of people who arrived very late because of flight troubles! I was so impressed that the evening ran so well especially since there were two other events going on at the same time and the restaurant had customers. Thank you for helping us make a wonderful evening!

OceanCliff 6
    OceanCliff 7
    OceanCliff 8
    Sent on 06/18/2018

Meaghan · Married on 05/19/2018

We just had our wedding here on the weekend of May 19th, 2018. It was absolutely perfect. It was cold, windy and rainy but the venue was so flexible and allows for the perfect setting under any circumstances! We held the ceremony inside and they were constantly watching the weather to see if we could switch anything to outside at all times, right up until the ceremony. It did not matter at all that it rained, because the ballroom was absolutely gorgeous and our guests were able to stay warm and dry throughout the evening. The food was incredible and the staff was perfect. I can't say enough about how wonderful everything was, from start to finish. I would definitely recommend OceanCliff to anyone getting married and wanting beautiful views, a wonderful planning experience and amazing food.

Sent on 05/24/2018

jaime · Married on 05/04/2018

We had our wedding there may 5 2018! Best night of our lives! We want to thank Amy , Sara, and Ashley for everything they were absolutely amazing to us. Sara was so helpful sweet, and kind I love her ! amy was so kind and helped me through whole planning process and Ashley was so amazing and nice to me! Also so helpful! We felt treated like royalty. Love those girls . So down to earth and genuine ! Also thanks to Elsa she was also amazing! And Dimitri was awesome!

Sent on 05/07/2018

James · Married on 10/29/2017

Oceancliff is truly the perfect wedding venue. My wife and I chose it because of the beautiful location but, in every aspect of the wedding planning process, Oceancliff exceeded our expectations. Of course, the wedding was beautiful (even though there was heavy rain on our wedding day) the food was superb and the service was impeccable. However, the real strength of this venue is that they assist you at every stage of the wedding planning pr5ocess and they make the planning process both manageable and actually a lot of fun. I cannot recommend Oceancliff enough, there really is no other choice for a Newport wedding!

Sent on 12/31/2017
  • Larissa

Larissa · Married on 10/08/2017

Beautiful Wedding!!

We had our wedding here October of 2017 and we couldn't have been happier with the entire experience. All of the staff were friendly and helpful, especially Amanda who was amazing! The grounds are just so beautiful as is the venue. Everyone seemed to enjoy the food and everything went just as planned. Also, many of us stayed multiple nights in the rooms which are very clean and comfortable. So happy with how our special day turned out and can't thank the staff at OceanCliff enough for everything they did! Can't wait to go back and visit!!

Sent on 01/17/2019

Mandy · Married on 10/07/2017

We just got married at OceanCliff this past Saturday (10/7/17) and I don't even know where to begin - our experience was absolutely amazing!!! We couldn't wait to get on here and rave about our experience as well as thank the whole OceanCliff staff for providing us with the best memories and a place to return each year to celebrate. We worked closely with Amy throughout the whole planning process and she was so kind and accommodating, from working with special dietary requests to easing any planning anxieties that arose. There was a wedding in the morning before ours at night and the staff helped us plan in detail to make sure we understood exactly where we were able to get pictures on time and ensured both wedding parties were accommodated with what we needed on schedule.

Additionally, KC was our coordinator and was seriously amazing (don't know how he does it)!! He made sure everything ran perfectly on the day as did our incredible captain, Gail, who was incredibly kind and made sure we got to have all the delicious food - don't know what I would have done without her! All the staff made sure everything was absolutely perfect and everything went off without a hitch because of their work. We also had our next day brunch at the Upper Deck and ordered lunch from Safari Room on the wedding day - both were excellent and everyone raved about the food. OceanCliff truly knows how to make a wedding spectacular and I couldn't be prouder to be an OC bride! We had the best time and on behalf of both of our families, we are SO thankful. If you are looking for a Newport wedding with gorgeous views, go NO further than OceanCliff!!!

OceanCliff 9
    OceanCliff 10
    Sent on 10/11/2017

Deniz · Married on 09/09/2017

We got married at OceanCliff on 9/9/17 and it was absolutely perfect. First of all, our wedding coordinator, KC, was amazing. He was totally to the point, professional, and got everything done and done well. At one point I realized that I had forgotten to bring our card box (and I live in Boston so going back to get it was not an option) and he found an awesome alternative to use as a card box that was totally perfect (and honestly better than what I was planning to use). KC made sure everything went on time, ran smoothly, and consulted me whenever/if anything came up which I really appreciated. We also stayed at OceanCliff I and II and he brought our lunch (plus an extra bottle of champagne!) to our room himself which I really appreciated. In the lead-up to the wedding I worked with Amy McCoil to plan the layout, catering, and other specifics of the wedding. Amy was very responsive, helpful, and would field so many emails from me every week. I'm not kidding when I say there were times I felt really awful about how many emails I would send and she was always so professional about it. In the end it was the perfect day and I have the team at OceanCliff to thank for that. If I had to do it all again, I would pick OceanCliff in a heartbeat!

OceanCliff 11
    OceanCliff 12
    Sent on 10/06/2017

Courtney · Married on 08/19/2017

Amazing Venue!

I cannot say enough great things about our wedding venue. My husband and I got married here in August of 2017. The location is absolutely breathtaking and the service they provide is topnotch! We had a pre- bridal lunch on the upper deck, ceremony outside, wedding reception in the ballroom and an after party on the Safari Room terrace! Our guests are still raving about our venue over a year after our wedding! Planning a wedding when living out of town is stressful, but OceanCliff went above and beyond make sure everything ran smoothly.

Sent on 01/28/2019

Shannon · Married on 10/29/2016

OceanCliff was the perfect location for our wedding reception. Our guests could not say enough about the amazing location and wonderful experience they had at our reception.

Sent on 11/11/2016

Diana · Married on 08/28/2016

WONDERFUL!! We booked our rehearsal dinner at Oceancliff on their upper deck, it was a dream come true with a beautiful background and a gorgeous tent. Our family was blown away. Shauna was perfect to work with, she took care of everything that night and even add some extra flowers around the bar and buffet to give it a nice touch. She had such wonderful attention to detail. Doug and I can't thank you enough for everything you did that night it was wonderful!

Sent on 10/04/2016

Tessa · Married on 06/10/2016

Our wedding at OceanCliff was truly a dream come true! The view both inside and out is to die for and we could not have been more happy with how both the ceremony, cocktail hour, reception and afer party turned out (the insanely gorgeous sunset didn't hurt either!). The sales and catering teams at OceanCliff were so helpful and professional throughout the entire experience. I will never forget the sense of relief I felt at our final on site meeting just days before the big day when Ashley, Olivia and Liz had me hand everything off and took over from there -- my binder of charts, materials, schedule and endless notes...they truly took everything and made it happen the day of. They coordinated with all vendors and kept everything on schedule. All my husband and I had to do was be there and enjoy every last drop of our incredible day. We're so happy we went with OceanCliff and could not be more grateful for the entire staffs efforts. Thank you, OceanCliff!

Sent on 10/17/2016

Ashley · Married on 04/16/2016

The pictures of this venue alone are simply stunning, which is what first attracted us when we were shopping for venues. I never expected to be so blown away by the service they provide. We were married in April 2016 (off-season pricing in Newport is amazing if you are open to it being a little chiller, we ended up with the most amazing sunset). As a well-oiled machine, they were super responsive and have the wedding process down pat. We were able to reserve all the guest rooms for the weekend so really made OceanCliff our home for the wedding. The staff was the best. Stephen at the front desk would chase me down if he saw me carrying anything and made sure to accommodate any request. Loved him. The girls that did our planning meeting (Amy & Ashley) were very detailed and made sure that we were happy with everything. Then they basically took all the work off our hands and we were able to enjoy the weekend without running around to coordinate decor or vendors. The day-of went every smoothly. My dad nicknamed Ashley the Sergent. She may be little, but she runs a tight ship. Olivia and Kelly were right behind her too. They were so much fun to work with that they felt like friends by the time the ceremony came around.

We ended up having our ceremony and cocktail hour indoors due to the wind, but having those windows made it perfect. Our pictures came out stunning and we couldn't have been happier.

Thank you so much for making our day so memorable and perfect!!!

Highly recommend to book this venue. You will be so happy!

Sent on 07/09/2016

Kaitlyn · Married on 04/09/2016

Oceancliff was truly our dream wedding venue.

We had spent quite a bit of time looking at many wedding venues. We'd found several that we really liked, but nothing that we both were absolutely in love with until we walked into Oceancliff. As soon as we walked into the Oceancliff ballroom, my (now) husband turned to me and said, "Just tell when what day to be here." We were sold!

Once we knew we wanted to get married at Oceancliff, we knew we needed to figure out how to afford it. Getting married anywhere in Newport is pretty expensive, so we knew we were going to have to get creative. Fortunately, OC has various pricing options for different months/times of year. We ended up selecting a Saturday in early April, which gave us nearly the exact same wedding that you'd get mid-summer (minus the outdoor ceremony and 80 degree temps, which we were fine with) for nearly half the price. If there are any other budget-conscious brides looking at OC, I'd definitely recommend going in with an open mind and considering all times of year. The day we booked OC, it was snowing outside and the views from the ballroom were absolutely gorgeous!

The entire OC staff was AMAZING while we were planning our wedding. I could go on and on about how helpful they were, but that would take up way too much space. We had two long, sit-down meetings prior to our wedding: One six months out, and one two weeks out. During both, we went over extremely detailed timelines of the wedding day. The staff working with us on our wedding gave us numerous resources to reference when considering food, drink, seating, table organization, ceremony, etc.

I'm so, so thrilled that we were able to host our wedding at Oceancliff. They truly are a group of people who know the wedding industry, and we felt so comfortable handing off all of our final details to them in the days before our wedding. I highly recommend OC as a wedding ceremony and reception venue.

Sent on 06/27/2016

Kelly · Married on 10/25/2015

We had our wedding at OceanCliff at the end of October. I cannot say enough about how beautiful the venue was and how professional the staff were. They were so organized and responsive throughout the entire process. The tasting and final meetings were extremely organized and fun (thanks, Amy!), the ceremony was beautiful and Olivia did a fantastic job of making sure everything ran smoothly, and the reception was AMAZING, thanks to Bri and the Captain. Bri was on top of everything and made sure the night was perfect. She even packed our car up for us with all of our decorations and extras while we were enjoying the after party at the Safari Room!

You can't go wrong at OceanCliff and you can't have a more beautiful venue, delicious food, fantastic service, and tasty drinks. THANK YOU AGAIN!

Sent on 11/09/2015

Allison · Married on 10/23/2015

OceanCliff was truly amazing from start to finish. Everyone we worked with along the way was great, especially Galen, Amy and Ashley. They are truly professional and made sure our day went off without a hitch. The room was set up exactly as I had hoped, the food was excellent, and the service was impeccable, Our guests were blown away by the beauty of the property and have not stopped raving about everything! We truly had the most perfect wedding thanks to everyone at OceanCliff!

Sent on 11/30/2015

Neena · Married on 10/11/2015

Ocean Cliff is the best wedding venue! They are consummate professionals, who can execute your dream wedding flawlessly. We were married on October 11th at Ocean Cliff and we had the absolute best wedding thanks to the staff. It is a stunning venue that looks like a castle with sweeping ocean views. The planning process with our sales person to the on site coordinators was seamless. They have it down to a science and they instill a lot of confidence throughout the process. They were able to see our vision, accommodate our needs, and make any changes we wanted. Everything was coordinated perfectly! They managed the vendors and set up, and executed our vision impeccably. The flow was most important to me, but I was prepared that we probably would stray from the timeline, but Ocean Cliff made sure everything happened on time. It was the most perfectly timed event with no waiting or lag time for the guests. The food was the best wedding food I have ever seen or tasted. We chose surf and turf of beef tenderloin and lobster tail and it was the most beautiful presentation and delicious. Also, it was served quickly and precisely. We were assigned a captain who catered only to our needs, ensuring we always had a drink and had something to eat if we wanted. At the end of the night, we left the staff our car keys and they packed up all of our wedding accessories, gifts, etc. into the car. We went back the next day to get our car and to thank the staff profusely for making our dream wedding come true. I can’t speak highly enough about the level of professionalism and competence displayed at Ocean Cliff. Everyone was so kind, easy to work with, and truly wanted to make our day special. If you are considering a Newport wedding, Ocean Cliff is the best venue you could choose. We highly recommend them!

Sent on 11/05/2015

Jen · Married on 02/28/2015

Our wedding at oceancliff was like a dream fairy tale wedding come true and I totally attribute that to Oceancliff and the staff. Everyone was so accommodating and professional. My husband and I were treated like kings and queens! Ashley managed the event and I cannot say enough wonderful things about her. She had her eye on all the minute details and kept everything running seamlessly the entire night. She was amazing and Oceancliff was beautiful. Thank you so much for everything!! I highly recommend!

Sent on 03/29/2015

Kate · Married on 11/22/2014

Ocean Cliff went above and beyond as a reception venue for our November weekend. They truly exceeded our expectations in every way. They covered everything we wanted/needed and more! From our initial meeting to the after wedding brunch they were attentive and executed our wedding perfectly. The staff is extremely knowledgable and friendly and helped calm all of our wedding anxiety with their smiles and re-assurance. The guests at my wedding were blown away by the beauty of Ocean Cliff as well as the food and service. They accommodated all of our needs and truly made our wedding day feel so personalized and special.

Sent on 12/03/2014

The best venue I could have ever picked! They handle all details and made it super easy for my wedding! They had everything under control and are have the sweetest staff. The food here is also phenomenal! They are the best!

Sent on 09/19/2014

Kristen · Married on 08/31/2014

The staff at OceanCliff is absolutely incredible. Fomr the banquet team to our ceremony team to the hotel staff, everyone was wonderful. We had Jodi as our banquet team captain and she made the day go smooth and enjoyable for me and my family. Stephen and Dana in the hotel department were also wonderful and Alyssa with helping with our ceremony. I didn't have to worry about anything, the OceanCliff took care of it and made it a pleasant experience. There are other great venues in Newport, RI with great views but OceanCliff tops it all. We chose a daytime wedding so we would be able to enjoy the oceanview and views of the Newport bride. Look no further than OceanCliff.

Sent on 01/07/2015
  • F

Felicia · Married on 08/30/2014

OceanCliff was great. Prior to the wedding, Amy worked with us to craft a menu that would accommodate all the vegetarians and the picky eaters! She was so patient and answered all our questions! She also came up with a bunch of creative ideas to make our wedding day even better.

The day of, both Alyssa and Brianna were amazing. Brianna made sure that we ate and that everything went smoothly the day of the event. OceanCliff is gorgeous. Our wedding was during sunset and the pictures are just spectacular. I would highly recommend OceanCliff to anyone for their wedding!

Sent on 09/04/2014