Ocean Strings / Ocean String Quartet Reviews

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2022 Winner
  • WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2021 Winner
  • WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2020 Winner

Stamatacos Married on 03/26/2022

Wonderful experience all around!

Wonderful and professional ! Also accommodated our special song request
  • Matt
    Matt C. Married on 01/01/2022

Beautiful Wedding Ceremony Performance

Beautiful performance with a wide array of songs to choose from. So courteous and professional in all communication leading up to the ceremony. We would most certainly use them again and would recommend them to anybody.

Ocean Strings / Ocean String Quartet's reply:

Thank you so much for your heartfelt review Matt! We so enjoyed performing for your special day. Congratulations to you both!
    David R. Married on 12/19/2021

Totally a class act

When I first spoke with Nicole I knew I had found the right person to hire. Her group were very professional, they even brought a wedding gift. Such a sweet gesture. Def recommend them highly!

Ocean Strings / Ocean String Quartet's reply:

Thank you David! We’re so happy that we could be part of surprising your bride on your special day! Congratulations to you both!! Wishing you both beautiful memories! 🌊🎻🎶
    Kristine Married on 12/18/2021

Wedding violinist

Ocean Strings was amazing and so easy to work with! They were extremely organized and listened to my wants. They performed beautifully and it was so perfect for our ceremony. They even made sure to find us before they left to say goodbye and brought us the most thoughtful gift that brought me to tears! I would HIGHLY recommend for any wedding or event.

Ocean Strings / Ocean String Quartet's reply:

Aww thank you Kristine! Your musical selections were unique and a pleasure to perform. We're so glad you loved our performance and our gift! We hope it brings you much joy to look back at all the amazing memories. Congratulations!
  • Peggy
    Peggy A. Married on 11/26/2021

Magical ceremony

As a little girl I played the violin. My love for violin always made my Dad so happy. I lost my Dad in 2013 to cancer. When my husband and I first got engaged, on the drive home, a violin and a cello were the first things I asked for, they were the only 2 things that I felt I absolutely needed to have at my wedding to make it complete! Ocean Strings was the very first vendor we contracted even long before we contracted our wedding planner. I had a very large expectation and Ocean Strings came highly recommended.

The ceremony music I’m sure was BEAUTIFUL! I regret that on my walk down the aisle I was so nervous that my ears stopped working and I felt like I could only hear my heartbeat. For all brides, take a deep breath and soak in YOUR music.

I trust that the music was lovely as everyone said they crying tears of joy, I am a firm believer that music moves those emotions.

Ocean Strings worked so well with our wedding planner. We are forever grateful! Our ceremony would not have been as magical without OCEAN STRINGS.

Super friendly and helpful to work with during wedding planning! Accommodated my request to walk down to STILL THE ONE by Shania Twain.

I found this lovely picture of our song on the Ocean Strings FB page and Nicole packaged a BEAUTIFUL wedding gift for us, our sheet music, framed, so we can treasure it forever and hang it in your new home. What a beautiful gift!!

Thank you everything!!!
    We look forward to referring more business to ocean strings and working with them in the future!

Ocean Strings / Ocean String Quartet's reply:

Peggy I am moved to tears by your review! I am so happy that we could provide a meaningful memorable role in your special day! We are thrilled that you love our gift as well. Thank you for choosing us to string your memories! Warmest Thanks, Nicole Ocean Strings
    Barbara W. Married on 11/19/2021

Touch of Grace

It’s all the little things added together that make a beautiful day. Thank you !!!

Ocean Strings / Ocean String Quartet's reply:

Thank you so much Barbara! We so enjoyed being part of the beautiful memories for you and your daughter!
  • Mandy
    Mandy V. Married on 10/12/2021

Quality and elegance

Ocean Strings was the best choice for our intimate wedding. Well dressed, professional, elegant.

Ocean Strings / Ocean String Quartet's reply:

Thank you so much for your review Mandy! It was a pleasure to perform for your family and friends! And we love the video of your flower girl who was captivated by the music! Thank you for sharing that with us.. it makes our hearts glow with joy!
    Laura R. Married on 09/18/2021

Elegant and Amazing addition!

Nicole was so amazing to work with! Always so responsive and planning what songs to have played before my ceremony with her was so fun! I would 100% recommend to anyone looking for an amazing vendor who will try their best to suit all of your needs!

Ocean Strings / Ocean String Quartet's reply:

Thank you Laura for your heartfelt review! I really enjoyed helping you envision your music selections for your special day! And thank you for sharing these photos of our performance ;-) Congrats to you both!
    Nancy G. Married on 05/26/2021

Absolutely Perfect!

My daughter and her fiance planned a VERY small wedding (8 guests because of Covid), and of course, we wanted to make it as special, meaningful and memorable as possible, despite the small size. Ocean Strings provided exactly what we wanted, and even learned a few of the bride & groom's favorite songs to be played before and after the service. Nicole made the planning SO easy for us, which was a huge relief since we live 1,000+ miles away in CT. She was always very responsive to my emails and calls, and she was happy to accommodate every request for this wedding. The musicians were incredibly professional, and a delight to work with, and we genuinely liked them. We even included them in our wedding photos with the family. The music really made a huge difference for such a small wedding, and helped to make it feel very special. It was PERFECT!

Ocean Strings / Ocean String Quartet's reply:

What a joy to perform for your daughter's special day Nancy!
    We were so honored to help her unique musical dreams come true and we were beyond moved to be included in your wedding photos! Thank you for having us and for allowing us to craft your very intimate and beautiful wedding!
  • Cassandra
    Cassandra Married on 03/20/2021

Wonderful Wedding

They are really good! I would highly recommend.
  • Brooke
    Brooke M. Married on 02/20/2021

Wonderful personalized experience!!!

Ocean Strings did an exceptional job performing on our wedding day. They played two custom songs for us during our ceremony and were extremely flexible when Covid restrictions at our venue caused us to have to shrink our guest list and cancel our cocktail hour. They even came up with the brilliant idea of playing for us during our post-ceremony picture taking session instead. During this, we were able to dance to our ceremony music ON THE BEACH while getting some great photos at the same time. It was so romantic, unique, and fun!!! Ocean Strings definitely made our big day all the more special. We definitely recommend them if your looking for a creative, talented, and professional ensemble comprised of truly kindhearted individuals.

Ocean Strings / Ocean String Quartet's reply:

Thank you so very much for your sweet review Brooke! We were truly privileged to perform for your beautiful ceremony and beach photo session! It was a unique celebration in so many ways. We LOVED seeing you guys dance together too as we played 'your song'... Congratulations!
    Susan P. Married on 01/30/2021

Everything was perfect from start to finish!

It was perfect from start to finish! They were in constant contact with us to make sure everything was just the way we wanted it to be! It was a beautiful addition to a beautiful day! I would highly recommend them!

Ocean Strings / Ocean String Quartet's reply:

Thank you for your lovely review Susan! We were so honored to perform for your daughter's special day! How thrilling to have a riverfront wedding on such a spectacular day! We are so happy to hear our music added to the beauty of your experience ;-)
    Madison P. Married on 10/24/2020

Amazing! Exceeded all of our expectations!

Everyone was extremely kind and responsive. We couldn’t have asked for a better group to be a part of our special day.

Ocean Strings / Ocean String Quartet's reply:

Thank you so much Madison! We really enjoyed performing for your special day. We also appreciate receiving cool photos of us performing! Congrats to both of you again ;-)
    Laura B. Married on 06/27/2020

Wonderful Experience and Music

Ocean Strings was one of the highlights of our wedding. They were easy to work with in planning the music and in requesting a special song. Everyone who attended our wedding let us know how much they enjoyed the music and quality of Ocean Strings. They were also flexible on moving between the outdoor ceremony and indoor reception area and didn’t bat an eye when a guest accidentally set off the panic alarm in the building. Instead, they kept up playing and made it a funny anecdote. Also, we appreciated them wearing masks! Their professionalism is outstanding. I can not recommend Ocean Strings enough!

Ocean Strings / Ocean String Quartet's reply:

Thank you so much Laura for your beautiful review! We are so happy that our performance was meaningful to you and your guests. We enjoyed your custom selections and improvising during the spontaneous fire alarm while we were all waiting outside! Sometimes the unexpected events on one's special day can lead to those fun memories you enjoy telling stories about later ;-) Congratulations and thank you for choosing us to perform for your special wedding day!
  • F
    Fernando R. Married on 05/30/2020

Highly recommended!!!

They added such a special touch to the ceremony and it was such a joy to have them play durring one of the most important days of our lives .
  • Rachel Cuccurullo
    Rachel Married on 05/29/2020

Encore at The Mansion at Tuckahoe!

Nicole and Richard are an amazing string duo. Heartfelt and perfect!! We all enjoyed their music and it added such an elegant and humbling touch to our wedding day.

Ocean Strings / Ocean String Quartet's reply:

Awww thank you! We really enjoyed performing for your special day Rachel! Loved the custom song you selected for you and your little one's walk: "Lark in the Clear Air"! Beautiful ceremony and your little one is sooo adorable!
    Caroline H. Married on 04/10/2020

Ocean Strings hit all the right notes for our wedding ceremony !

I cannot speak highly enough about our experience with Ocean Strings ! From our first moment of contact we knew we were in good hands. Nicole was so helpful, and could not have been more professional and accommodating. The music selection and performance play a main role in the wedding ceremony, and Ocean Strings totally exceeded our expectations. We are truly grateful they were a part of our ceremony.

Ocean Strings / Ocean String Quartet's reply:

Thank you Caroline for the honor of being part of your daughter's intimate wedding ceremony. We enjoyed performing all your musical selections and what a spectacular building to perform them in! We are so happy you enjoyed the music. Congratulations to you and your family!
    Eileen D. Married on 02/02/2020

wonderful service, beautiful music!!

My husband and I found Ocean Strings through several recommendations and couldn't be happier! Nicole and her team were so friendly and amazing to work with via both phone calls and emails! They provided a clear selection of various types of music styles to choose from (including traditional, folks, and pop) and were so helpful with catching all the mistakes in my draft responses --long work days and little sleep! On our wedding day, the team connected with the venue host right away, dressed perfectly/professionally for our special day, and made everything beautiful and seamless (even with some wind and chilly air!). All our guests commented on how amazing the Ocean Strings music was...it added such a wonderful and rich element to our wedding day! We highly recommend!

Ocean Strings / Ocean String Quartet's reply:

Thank you Eileen for your beautiful review! What a gorgeous and unique ceremony and cocktail you had! We were super honored to perform for you all ;-) Many blessings to you and congratulations!
    Thomas Married on 12/31/2019
    It was a pleasure dealing with such helpful, talented, and professional people.

Ocean Strings / Ocean String Quartet's reply:

Thank you so much Thomas! We appreciate being asked to grace such a beautiful moment in your lives! Congratulations on your engagement!
    Rachel F. Married on 11/22/2019

Wonderful string quartet for our wedding!

We loved having Ocean Strings as part of our wedding Ceremony. They performed fun, current music as well as a special request that is not a typical bridal entrance song, and we kept hearing from our guests how great it was to non-traditional string music with a quartet!

Ocean Strings / Ocean String Quartet's reply:

Thank you Rachel for your lovely review! We really enjoyed performing unique music for your special day! Wishing you many beautiful memories.
  • Laura
    Laura R. Married on 11/10/2019

Added elegance and class to our ceremony! Excellent job.

If you are looking to add a little bit of elegance to your wedding ceremony I would highly recommend them.

Ocean Strings / Ocean String Quartet's reply:

Thank you Laura! What a gorgeous Riverside Gazebo wedding you had! We enjoyed performing for your friends and family!
    Elizabeth K. Married on 06/29/2019

Ocean Strings were fantastic!

The Ocean Strings duo played for my daughter’s wedding and their music was wonderful. They played during the wedding ceremony and cocktail hour. They were very responsive to my inquiries and were willing and able to play every selection that we wanted. They also suggested additional music that was appropriate and beautiful. Me and Mrs Ballinger were very professional and were very flexible, moving inside from the patio in the rain, and playing songs upon the bride and groom’s request. The Ocean Strings Duo was an excellent value and they will not disappoint.

Ocean Strings / Ocean String Quartet's reply:

Thank you so much Elizabeth! We really enjoyed performing for your family and friends! And so happy the Bride wanted to hear an encore of "Married Life" from UP! That's one of our favorite arrangements! Thank you again for including us and wishing you all many wonderful memories of your daughter's wedding day!
    Brittney W. Married on 05/18/2019

Couldn’t have asked for a better way to celebrate our marriage than with the added bonus of string music during our ceremony.

Ocean Strings did a phenomenal job. The string music was a perfect backdrop to our beach ceremony! Nicole was very responsive and extremely helpful with music suggestions for our ceremony. Our guests loved the strings duo as opposed to a dj playing songs. I would highly recommend Ocean Strings for your next wedding or event!

Ocean Strings / Ocean String Quartet's reply:

Thank you for the great honor to perform for your spectacular wedding day! We really enjoyed getting to know your Uncle Sakki! What an amazing and touching ceremony for you both! Congratulations!
  • Hilary
    Hilary Married on 04/06/2019

Ocean Strings

We had Ocean Strings perform at our beach wedding ceremony and cocktail hour. Their music was beautiful and they were a pleasure to work with!

Ocean Strings / Ocean String Quartet's reply:

Thank you Hilary for your lovely review! We really enjoyed playing for your special day.. especially the Cocktail Hour! We were honored to be in such a acoustically friendly spot that allowed us to interact with your guests 🥰 We appreciate your thoughtful choices that helped our ensemble to shine! Thank you again and we send our warmest congratulations to you both!
    Meghan W. Married on 01/09/2019

Amazing experience! Short notice, custom music, professional, and extremely kind and talented people!

I recommend Ocean Strings to EVERYONE! so talented and amazing to work with!

Ocean Strings / Ocean String Quartet's reply:

Thank you so much Meghan! We were so thrilled to perform for your amazing sunset wedding over the Intercoastal! Congratulations!