59 Reviews for Ocean Boulevard Bistro & Martini Bar

Premium Liquor (1)
Specialty Beer (1)
Specialty Wine (1)
58 Ocean Boulevard Bistro & Martini Bar Reviews

We did a breakfast brunch following our 10 am wedding for 80 people at Ocean Boulevard Bistro. Our food was wonderful and we got so many compliments from guests. Annette was super helpful throughout the whole process leading up to the event and day of the wedding. When we ended up with 20 more guests than expected she was flexible and made it work wonderfully. She worked with us on everything to stay within my budget. If you have the chance to hold an event at Ocean Boulevard Bistro I highly recommend it!

Profile Picture Jayme, 6/10/18, 1 Review
Category: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue

The chef and Annette did an outstanding job under difficult conditions. The food was delicious. They had a small kitchen to work in and unusual service. Also, people were constantly roaming around them and they were friendly and helpful and produced a wedding dinner that people will talk about for a very long time!

Profile Picture beth, 5/16/18, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

We loved working with Annette & her team at Ocean Boulevard to cater our wedding in April at Jennette's Pier. They are true professionals in every way AND the quality of their food is AMAZING. From our initial tasting (think adult macaroni & cheese) to our wedding day (hello DIVINE crab cake appetizer), we enjoyed every moment and every bite of our experience with Ocean Boulevard. You will not be disappointed - call them immediately!!! They have loyal fans for life in us!!

Profile Picture Kristin, 4/26/18, 10 Reviews
Category: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue

We knew we were in for a treat the second we set foot in Ocean Boulevard for our tasting. The level of professionalism and vision from Annette and the team is second to none and the food just puts it over the top. Annette worked with us on tailoring our menu to what we were envisioning and creating a level of refinement that you typically don't see at a large wedding reception. The service at the event was top notch and we are still hearing from our guests on how good the food was! If you want a five-star experience that is worry-free, do yourself a favor and pick Annette and the team from Ocean Boulevard. Still thinking about that risotto!

Profile Picture Jeff & Julie, 9/29/17, 3 Reviews
Category: Catering

Ocean Blvd was prompt , flexible and the food was out of this world. Annette was a delight to work with. The staff was wonderful. Thanks for a memorable day !

Profile Picture deb, 9/16/17, 4 Reviews
Category: Catering

Ocean Boulevard catered our daughter's wedding in the 4X4 area of the Outer Banks, NC. The food was delicious and we are still hearing from guests how it was some of the best food they've ever had at a wedding. Annette was very easy to work with and put up with my many emails and questions about every little detail. They brought plenty of help to make sure that the bars and kitchen staff could keep up with demand. When they left, the catering kitchen was spotless and all trash was removed from the venue. From the first meeting and tasting, my daughter and her fiance were sold on this caterer. They dined at the restaurant with friends and family, several times leading up to the event, and enjoyed every meal prepared and served by this top notch crew! We highly recommend Ocean Boulevard!!

Profile Picture Kathy, 10/28/16, 6 Reviews
Category: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: American, Bartender(s), House Beer, House Wine, Liquor License, Open Bar, Premium Liquor, Specialty Beer, Specialty Wine, Cake Cutting

We think the food at Ocean Boulevard is amazing! We were hunting for an exceptional dinner for our daughter's wedding reception, and when we tasted at Ocean Blvd, we knew we didn't need to look any further. Our venue was an "event home" which meant Annette got involved in the planning process (we ended up serving dinner under a tent, quite a distance from the kitchen--but it worked beautifully) and her advice/help was much appreciated. Also, the appetizers were outstanding and set the tone for the evening, starting immediately after the ceremony. Service and presentation were top notch. Many thanks!!!

Profile Picture Cynthia, 9/5/16, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

We chose the Ocean Blvd Bistro and Martini Bar as the backdrop for my Mother's surprise 70th Birthday dinner on the Outer Banks, and we couldn't have been more happy and satisfied with our decision.
The food was amazing, and the service provided by Annette, Donnie, Kim and Chelsea was first class. They all did a fantastic job providing warm and friendly service to my family and guest, from the planning stages all the way through the actual dinner.
I'm part of an all Italian family from NY and we're a tough group when it comes to the food we think is to our high standards. We loved each and every bit of our dinner from the Antipasti Skillet, to the gourmet mac and cheese to the entrees of Yellow Fin Tuna, BBQ Pork Shoulder and NY Strip steak to name a few. Not to mention the fantastic selection of wines we were able to choose from, and the delicious Martini's we ordered. If you're looking for real "fine dining" on the Outer Banks, this is a place you simply must try. Thank you all again for such a great experience. We'll be sure to make our way back there for years to come during our visits to the Outer Banks.

Profile Picture Phil , 8/9/16, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

We had our rehearsal dinner here and were very pleased. Annette was easy to work with, the food was delicious, and the service was superior.

Profile Picture Jodi, 8/8/16, 8 Reviews
Category: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue

Bravo!!!!!!!!! Annette created a wonderful menu for our wedding which consisted of 22 guests. Tim and his team executed the meal to perfection...... From the signature drinks to the clean up the day was perfect. The food was excellent! From the gluten free crab cakes to the creme brûlée our guests still rave about the food. Annette is the BEST and look no further for your catering needs. Lori &Diane

Profile Picture lori, 5/10/16, 3 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

All I can say is that our guests are still raving about the food!

Donny and Annette are wonderful to work with and we couldn't be happier with how everything turned out.

Profile Picture User5562740, 2+ years ago, 6 Reviews
Category: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue

Annette O'Donnell was a pleasure to work with. The food was wonderful. Our guests raved about the evening.

Profile Picture Cynthia, 9/26/15, 1 Review
Category: Rehearsal Dinner Location

Donnie, Annette, and staff could not have been more accommodating for our family Wedding Eve Celebration. They prepared the restaurant as we requested for 70+ guests. The service staff did an excellent job. The food was outstanding.

Profile Picture JoAnn, 9/25/15, 1 Review
Category: Catering

Highly recommend Ocean Boulevard for catering service. The appetizers and dinner were a hit with all the guests. The staff is helpful and extremely professional.

Profile Picture Michelle, 8/8/15, 1 Review
Category: Catering

I would advise any couple trying to make a wedding decision to do a testing at the Ocean Boulevard Bistro & Martini Bar and experience the quality of food and attention to detail and excellent service that they provide. They provided a perfect meal for our daughters wedding reception.

Profile Picture User6864081, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: Gluten Free, Bartender(s), American, Local, Buffet, Cake Cutting, Cocktail Reception, Dessert, Hors d'oeuvres, Stations, Tastings

I can't say enough about Annette & the whole catering gang at Ocean Blvd. Being from NY we had set up multiple tastings over a 2 day period in the Outer Banks. Ocean Blvd was only our second tasting and we had to cancel the rest because the food was outstanding! The day of our wedding the food was incredibly fresh and delicious and most of all it didn't taste like typical catered wedding food. I received compliments the whole night & am so happy with our decision. From the appetizers to the buffet set-up I wouldn't change a thing. I definitely recommend the mac & cheese it was a big hit!

Profile Picture User5133934, 2+ years ago, 4 Reviews
Category: Catering

Annette, the head of catering, and all of the staff is absolutely wonderful! Our experience started with an amazing tasting at the restaurant. Annette is lovely and we knew right away we wanted to use her services. She let us create our own menu, including a s'mores bar that was a huge hit! She was very flexible about last minute changes as well. We loved all of the food and would highly recommend serving their signature lemonade at your event!
At the wedding, Annette and all of her staff made sure we were well taken care of. She made us our own personal plate of appetizers during the cocktail hour, which gave us the chance to eat and socialize. Due to rain, we had to come to our venue early for pictures and the staff accommodated us by opening the bar early.
During the wedding, she made sure we each got a full plate of food, as we had a buffet. The bartenders were smiling and laughing with the guests. No one had to wait for a drink and there was an abundance of food. Everyone commented on how delicious their meals were. They even sent us home with a ton of leftovers to enjoy the next day! I would use Ocean Boulevard for another event in a heart beat and we will certainly be eating at the restaurant during future visits to OBX!!

Profile Picture User3203171, 2+ years ago, 5 Reviews
Category: Catering

If you're looking to have the BEST food you will ever eat and the BEST service....Ocean Blvd. is where every bride and groom should go running to!!!! The food, phenomenal service, and bartenders were OUTSTANDING. Annette was amazing to work with and made the months leading up to the wedding stress free!! She was more than helpful with any questions I had about anything and it was evident she wanted to make our wedding amazing....and everyone happy and satisfied! Our guests are STILL raving about the food and service!! A big, giant, huge, enormous THANK YOU to Ocean Blvd. for making our wedding day one for the books!!!!! xoxoxo

Profile Picture Ronda, 10/4/14, 7 Reviews
Category: Catering

My family has been dining at Ocean Boulevard for years since we have been coming to the outer banks. The food is always exceptional, and the service great, and we were lucky enough to have them cater our wedding. My husband and I had originally gone with a different vendor to cater our wedding, but when that fell through about a month or so before the wedding we were crushed and panicked. It was so important to us to have quality food at our wedding, so we new the only place to turn was Ocean Boulevard. As luck would have it, they were available to cater our wedding on a Saturday in September, we felt so lucky, and we couldn't have imagined our event with out them.
Annette was one of the best vendors we worked with for the wedding. She was awesome. We quickly got to work on revising the menu we had already come up with and she had some great additions and ideas on how to make it work and within our budget. She also handled all of our beer and wine, and was so accommodating with our indecisiveness on beer choices. The wine and bubbly she chose was perfect, and her beer suggestions were great too. What I am so incredibly thankful for, is her willingness to take on our 110 person wedding and serve our meal family style. Nobody does family style at the beach, and it was something my husband and I really really wanted, and I so appreciate that even during our first discussion of the wedding she was on board with the family style service. After some adjustments were made to thedecor and table design, and platters were rented, it all came together beautifully. Every single person at our wedding raved about the food, not just the best wedding food they have ever had, the best meal they have had. Everyone loved the family style, and it really made our wedding feel like a big family meal with everyone coming together. It was simply perfect, and beachy and relaxed, and exactly what we were going for. The staff was incredible to work with as well! Super professional and fun!

Profile Picture Krista, 9/27/14, 10 Reviews
Category: Catering

YUMMMMMMM is all I have to say! Annette and her crew were so amazing to work with! Everything went to smooth we were all laid back and having a good time! I met Annette and was introduced to this wonderful food at the wedding expo! The ahi tuna on a wonton and the fact that they cooked the food at your venue sold me! The rest was history! Oh I would also highly recommend that Mac n Cheese bar to be laid out as a snack for afterwards! It was such a big hit and the best mac n cheese I have ever had! We will be coming back to visit next time we are in OBX!

Profile Picture Rachael, 9/25/14, 6 Reviews
Category: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue

Annette at Ocean Blvd, just for starters, is the best and great personality as well. Very helpful and great with suggestions. Good was fabulous although I didn't eat at my wedding was too hyped. Guests have been saying how wonderful the food was!!!!! Don't go to any other caterer till you meet with Annette and have a tasting. You won't regret it!!!!

Profile Picture User4244737, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Catering

The first time my husband and I met with Annette, we knew Ocean Boulevard was the right choice for our wedding. The initial meeting she had an assortment of appetizers and a fully prepared meal ready for us to try. Everything was delicious! Leading up to our event, Annette was there to answer all of our questions. Living overseas, emailing was our main form of communication and she was very quick in her responses. Leading up to our wedding we appreciated her help and input when it came to alcohol selection and everything we needed for the reception and cocktails.

On the day of our wedding Annette and her team were spectacular. During cocktails, she personally sought us out and made sure we were fed. When I was unable to eat my dinner, she made sure I ate by boxing up all the food so I could enjoy it later. I also want to mention that Annette arranged the buffet tables to be stations, so the line for food wouldn't be long. We really felt that she went above and beyond to make this day perfect for us.

Last but surely not least, the food was simply amazing. For our cocktail hour we had a raw bar with a mix of passed hors d'oeuvres. The seafood was fresh and prepared perfectly and the raw oysters tasted as if they were caught that morning. For dinner we had local fish, prime rib, and chicken. Each meal was paired with the perfect side dishes. (Mostly seasonal, locally grown vegetables) Again, everything was cooked perfectly. The chef was fabulous, the food was top notch. Our guests raved about the food at our wedding.
In the end we were more than pleased with our decision to have Ocean Boulevard cater our wedding. Annette and her team did a phenomenal job and we highly recommend them for any event. Also just to note, the bartender did a wonderful job. All of the drinks were great and mixed perfectly. He had a lot of fun with our guests and made sure they were having a good time

Profile Picture Lindsey, 6/12/14, 2 Reviews
Category: Catering

We held my son's rehearsal dinner at the Ocean Boulevard Bistro and Martini Bar on October 5, 2013. We packed the house with 65 guests, but the restaurant worked to set up the tables to accomodate the crowd and the seating arrangements. The staff helped us get the place cards out before the event and even moved a few chairs around to meet our needs. This was only the beginning.

The food was absolutely amazing. We had several served appetizers as well as staions. We had tuna, steak, crab and ham biscuits that were out of this world delicious not to mention the staff's attentiveness to our guests. They kept peoples' drinks filled also.

For dinner, we offered the fish of the day, roast beef and chicken as well as several sides. They were all yummy. Annette, the coordinator, stayed in touch with me about serving the Prosseco for the toast and kept me informed about the bar bill!

After the toasts and roasting, we were offered delicious desserts. The Creme Brulee on a spoon was divine. One of our guests was passing them out calling them Heaven on a Spoon! The other desserts were just as delectable.

The Ocean Boulevard Bistro and Martini Bar helped make the rehearsal dinner the best we could have hoped for. We would absolutely use them again for a similar venue. Thank you, thank you, thank you.

Cathy

Profile Picture Cathy, 10/5/13, 1 Review
Category: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue

Ocean Boulevard catered our wedding, worked with us to put together the perfect menu for both meat eaters and vegetarians. Service was excellent, food was excellent. We could not have been more pleased.

Profile Picture Kevin, 9/22/13, 1 Review