33 Reviews for Occasions at Laguna Village

Linens (1)
Parking (1)
Wheelchair Access (1)
33 Occasions at Laguna Village Reviews

My husband and I got married at this venue and it was the most magical day of our lives! The service was amazing, ambiance was perfect and it was definitely such a day to remember that we came back to have our 10 year vow renewal!! I would recommend this venue to everyone!

Profile Picture April, 11/17/26, 1 Review
Category: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Ceremony Music, DJ, Event Rentals & Photobooths, Lighting & Decor, Rehearsal Dinner Location, Wedding Planning

Occasions at Laguna Beach, is the greatest venue to have a unique wedding. The ocean view, food, DJ, table/chairs setup etc is amazing at this venue. The wedding coordinator Dayna Lewis, did a fantastic job in coordinating our wedding event on 08/03/18 and because of Dayna our wedding event was a success. Our family & friends were all impress of this location. This is a beautiful place to have a wedding.

Profile Picture Raymundo, 8/3/18, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location

Occasions laguna hosted my guests and I for my wedding. It was the most magnificent venue with a sparse view of the ocean. Dana went above and beyond to help me plan the wedding of my dreams. I highly recommend getting married here!

Profile Picture Darralee, 3/24/18, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

My husband and I married here on February 17th, 2018 and it was absolutely amazing. We couldn't have asked for a better venue or better weather for our day. Dayna Lewis our coordinator was an absolute pleasure to work with. She is a great communicator and extremely detail oriented. My ceremony went very smoothly thanks to her help. I would highly recommend this venue to a bride who wants amazing views on her wedding day and high quality service:)

Profile Picture Caroline, 2/17/18, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: Parking, Wheelchair Access, Cake, Clean Up, Event Planning, Lighting/Sound, Set Up, Barware, Flatware, Glassware, Linens, Uncovered Outdoor, Aisle Markers, Aisle Runners, Audio Equipment, Centerpieces, Chairs, Dance Floor, Drapery, Lighting, Tables

We had our wedding at Occasions in May of 2017. There are truly not enough words to describe how incredible Occasions & Dayna are.

First of all, the location is just unbelievable. All of our guests were from the East Coast so they were truly left breathless by the views, especially the beautiful sunset! I loved how you can be right by the beach without actually being on the beach. And if you do want to get your toes in the sand the beach is just a few minutes walk away for amazing pictures after the ceremony! Second, the prices are really reasonable. They are a family run venue that doesn't up charge you for everything just because they hear the word "wedding". It is an all-inclusive venue too- so centerpieces, a wedding coordinator, DJ, cake, favors, etc are all included in the set price. That was one of my favorite parts & took a lot of the guesswork & planning off of us! The food is hosted by the Cliff restaurant- which was absolutely incredible (as it always is whenever we eat there). All of our guests were so impressed with how delicious the food was!

Dayna is fabulous in every single way. She truly takes dreams and turns them into reality and it is so inspiring to watch. She was so communicative the entire process (by email, text & call!)- even with the many silly questions I asked along the way! I was planning a wedding by myself with all my family back home so I truly had no idea what I was doing but Dayna helped me the whole way & was able to ease any concern I had. I kept saying all night "if I close my eyes right now and dream up the most beautiful wedding, it wouldn't even be as pretty as this one right here" and it is so true, and it is true because of Dayna!

I would recommend Occasions and Dayna to any bride that wants the most perfect wedding day!

Profile Picture Jessica, 5/27/17, 3 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location

I just had my wedding at Occasions at the end of March 2017 and everything about it was perfect. My husband and I knew we wanted to have a destination wedding in Southern California and we fell in love with this venue right away. Everything about this venue was perfect for us. First of all, obviously the view is absolutely gorgeous. I can't think of a more beautiful backdrop to our wedding, with the beach and sun setting right behind us.

We worked with our wedding planner, Dayna Lewis, who made the wedding planning process so easy and fun. This was especially helpful since we were planning our wedding all the way from Minnesota. Dayna thinks of everything so you don't need to worry. And on the day of our wedding, she took care of everything from behind the scenes so the day was totally stress-free and exactly what we wanted. She really listens to what your vision is for the wedding and executes it perfectly, and we can't thank her enough.

I also loved Occasions because they work with the same small group of vendors who are all EXCELLENT and know the venue well. Many of these things are also included in the wedding package, which makes wedding planning so much less stressful. I HIGHLY recommend Amanda Heer from fantasy floral - she made the most gorgeous bouquets and center pieces. They were the most gorgeous flowers I've ever seen. DJ Lucas was fantastic and worked with us for the music as well as photo booth and lighting. He made the night so much fun and worked with us to pick out music throughout the night. The cake, which is included in the package, is delicious. And the food from The Cliff is fantastic. I got so many compliments from our guests on all of these things. We also had our after party at the bar up above at The Cliff (same location) and we had a great time.

I cannot recommend this venue enough. Our wedding was absolutely perfect and even better than I had imagined.

Profile Picture Rachel, 3/26/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

I had my wedding day at Occasions on 11/5/2016. Wow. I was absolutely blown away by how our magical day came to life. Our guests were complimenting the venue all night long, and even after the wedding. We certainly gave our out-of-town guests the perfect taste of Laguna Beach, Orange County.

Dayna was an exceptional wedding coordinator- easygoing, professional, and kind. She even went out of her way to meet me close to my home for a meeting at a local coffee shop. She gave plenty of ideas and suggestions when asked, which I needed since I was planning a wedding without family close by. She was always responsive (by email, texts, and calls) if I had any questions or updates. Since we couldn't predict the weather, we were able to order heaters the week of our event. She truly takes pride in her work and is damn good at it.

I have to mention Andrew, the manager of the Cliff. He gave us the BEST food tasting months before the wedding. We had a buffet style dinner and couldn't have been happier with the food. (Neither could our guests!) The bar hosted a great selection of beer, wine, and liquor. It was set up in a sophisticated way and the bartenders were professional and efficient.

Also, DJ Lucas. He did a wonderful job of playing our personal music lists and incorporating his own playlists to fit the mood of the evening. He gave song suggestions for special moments which were really helpful. The cafe lights were the perfect touch to create the romantic atmosphere that we had envisioned. Our guests had so much fun with the photo booth, (props and backdrops provided), and putting together a beautiful scrapbook (attendant included) for us to take home (part of the package we customized).

Thank you so much, Occasions! I will be sure to refer future brides and grooms to this venue.

Profile Picture Kelly, 11/5/16, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

When I was looking for a venue for our wedding, I wanted it outside around the beach or in a garden or park to take advantage of the beautiful So Cal weather at the end of April. We looked at a few places but the space at Occasions was just beautiful, especially at sunset. Although this was a little more than we had budgeted for our venue, we were glad that we spent a few extra dollars for Occasions.

Our wedding coordinator, Dayna was fantastic, she made everything from planning our special day to the actual wedding day as smooth as can be. We had not considered a wedding coordinator but since the venue provided one that is always a plus. Dayna really helped keep everything on track making sure that we had everything we needed. The other staff we encountered were also very friendly and helpful. The other consideration we decided to go with this venue was being able to have the ceremony and the reception in one place without having to have our guest travel between events. This venue also has a preferred vendor list which makes things easier because the vendors already know the venue and the rules so there's less hassle on your part of having to work out the details. The food provided by The Cliff was wonderful as well.

We knew we choose a great venue when our guests couldn't stop talking about the view and telling us how nice and pleasant everything was. We had guests from Indiana who couldn't get enough of the beach and we even had local guests that couldn't get over the view we had. Of course with everything there are a few cons to the venue, such as no dedicated restrooms for wedding guests only the public restroom upstairs in the village. Also, there isn't a room to get ready in, you have to get ready off site and arrive at the village ready to go. For me those weren't a huge deal and well worth working around considering everything else. We had our wedding on April 26, 2016 and to this day we are still reveling over the memories.

Profile Picture Karen, 4/26/16, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location

My husband and I got married on August 22, 2015 and it was the most perfect wedding ever! All of the guests were mesmerized by the amazing view that this venue had to offer! It is an all-inclusive venue, so we weren't sure what exactly we were getting, but everything turned out amazing! The food was by the Cliffs at Laguna Village and it was delicious! The cake by Rossmoor's Bakery and it was beautiful! Dayna was the day-of coordinator and she was great for the day-of and even sent us pictures afterwards of the details of our wedding. DJ Lucas was our DJ and he was absolutely great! Everyone had so much fun dancing! We had countless people come up to us after the event and tell us that it was the BEST wedding they had ever been to!

Profile Picture Nicole, 8/22/15, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

If your looking fo a venue with million dollar views but don't have a million dollar budget, Occasions at Laguna Village is the place for you. The treatment you will recieve is first class. the vendors they work with are the best of the best in Orange County. Our wedding even exceding the expectations of our dreams.

Profile Picture Anna , 5/24/14, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

To both Andrew and Dayna, Thanks for providing us with a great and memorable wedding. We just wish it could have been longer but that is the way it is.... Great working with you and making it work with Blueberry Hill and Peter Merry.. and A Motion.. and how can I leave out Alan Katz! Such a stunning location to get married and recommend this place to anyone looking for beach wedding.

Thanks
Deanne & Dean

Profile Picture Dean, 6/23/13, 5 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Dayna, the wedding planner,was flexible, efficient and amazingly on top of everything. She made the day flow beautifully. The guests loved it. I highly recommend Occasions

Profile Picture Debbie, 5/19/13, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

"June 22, 2012 was the best day of my life and I owe it to the incredible team at Occasions at Laguna Village. Everything from the food to the florist ...to AWESOME DJ DAVE....all the little detailed touches were PERFECTION. Dayna Lewis truly is an amazing Wedding Coordinator and I dont know how she does it! I had so many people tell me it was the "BEST WEDDING" they had ever been to....and I know for myself...it was a dream come true wedding. If I could give 10 stars I would!" My husband and I still talk about how wonderful that day was...and I am sooooooo happy we chose Occasions:)

Profile Picture lindsay, 6/22/12, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

"My husband and I just recently got married on Cinco De Mayo 2012 at the cliffs. We could not have asked for a better location! The staff was amazing and helped make everything perfect! The view was amazing and made all the pictures extra special. Dayna our wedding planner helped us every step of the way and made for a stress free day!! She even took some photos for us for a perfect view. We used DJ Dave who they offer through their package. Let me just say he was THE BEST DJ ever!!!! Not only did he do everything we asked but he went above and beyond our expectations! After the ceremony when we were sitting down at our table for dinner he had prepared a photo album for us of the ceremony. Andrew was in charge of our food and bar and exceeded our expectations! For our tasting he let us box up and take home all the leftovers. The food is amazing I recommend sticking with the Cliffs restaurant for your food. Andrew worked with us up to the big day to make sure everything was perfect. We even worked out a special drink for the bar where we kept part of the proceeds. Everyone that came had a blast and loved our location. Kim from Tulipe Florists did amazing with our flowers and center pieces! It was beautiful! I am not sure if we were just super busy dancing and didn't notice but the only thing I would have changed was we never got a piece of our cake. But everything else made up for it. We love this place and highly recommend it!!!! Especially DJ Dave! Thank you to everyone for giving us a day to remember forever!!!"

Profile Picture Katie, 5/5/12, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

The memories I have of my Wedding day in August 2011 are memories I will cherish for a lifetime.
The memories begin with a venue which overlooks a beautiful beach in Laguna Beach, CA. I knew this would be the perfect back drop to an anticipated proposal for marriage. I contacted Dayna with Occasions at Laguna Village to discuss the details. Dayna took care of everything. The proposal was an unforgettable and emotional event with every detail taken care in a profession manner with a personal attention to detail.

My Fiancée and I considered several venues for our upcoming wedding however we always compared them to the proposal and the venue at Occasions at Laguna Village. Based on our emotions and experience we did could not consider another venue for our wedding. Dayna handled all of the coordinating of the event and without her experience and professionalism the day would not have been as successful. My fiancée provided Dayna the contact information for our flowers, music and associated vendors and Dayna coordinated all of the details. This attention to detail provided me and my fiancée the opportunity to share our wedding day with each other and avoid external distractions.

The catering for our wedding ceremony was provided by The Cliff Restaurant located onsite. The hand passed drinks and appetizers were hand selected by my fiancée and me during an onsite tasting which was prearranged by Andrew the manager of the restaurant. My fiancée and I sampled almost everything on the menu and fell in love with several dishes in including the bacon wrapped shrimp.

On the day of the event the professionalism of the restaurant staff was impeccable. The staff was very attentive to the needs of the guests and provided an enjoyable experience for all of our guests to share.

I would like to thank Dayna, Andrew and the entire staff at Occasions at Laguna Village and the Cliff Restaurant for fulfilling a dream and making it a reality.

Profile Picture Jonathan, 8/27/11, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

If you are looking for a beautiful wedding with an amazing backdrop of the Pacific Ocean, this is the place. We had a wedding here on Sept. 26th and it was nothing short of fabulous! The coordinators are wonderful and provided help with everything we needed. The DJ made the party! DJ Dave knows how to get the party up and going. When we left for the evening tired and happy nothing was left behind because the staff had gathered all of our things and put them in our car. It was a dream come true for all of us. I highly recommend this venue. My daughter-in-law lives in Los Angeles and had very little time to plan a wedding so having a venue that provides so many services was invaluable.

Profile Picture Ann, 9/26/09, 1 Review
Category: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Ceremony Music, DJ, Favors & Gifts, Flowers, Wedding Cake, Wedding Planning

Dayna, Heather & DJ Dave,
Thank you soooo very much for the most beautiful day of our lives. We had so much fun that I was ready to do it again the next day. We are still getting phone calls from our guests telling us that was the best wedding they'd been to in a long time. The food was delicious, as evidenced by every morsel that was eaten, as was the cake. Occassions has their cakes in their catering package from Rossmoor Bakeries in Long Beach. Cheers for Rossmoor, there was only the top and one piece of each layer for my hubs and I to take home. Everyone loved it. It was stunning and the gazebo that it was displayed in was custom decorated by my sister and Dayna. Heather was an assistant coordinator to Dayna, so we had two that day. The flowers were beautiful and recommeded by Occasions, though my bouquet and the boutonnieres wilted fairly quick. But no one noticed and the venue was beautifully decorated with flowers exactly the way I asked them to do it. If something went wrong or there was a problem, the groom and I never heard one word or were bothered because of it. And again, no one noticed because they were all having such a good time. Our head count was short by 10 rude guests who RSVP'd and did not show. So there was one elegantly decorated table that sat empty, just like their mail boxes will be at Christmas! Whatever! Laguna Beach is really a dream location for your day. After the ceremony, your guests are moved into the garden area where the cocktails begin while you and your wedding party are escorted to the beach for photos. We had been concerned that the timeline was too tight and we wouldn't have enough time to dance, but because we chose to do away with the bouquet and garter belt toss and the money dance, we had time to greet each table (there were 8) and thank them and still get our dancing in. I think even if we kept those things in our reception, we still would have had time, they just weren't something that we were interested in doing at our wedding. Our sweetheart table was gorgeous. We met with Dayna 2 weeks prior to the wedding and she had some great ideas for the table linen colors to add to my ideas that added that extra touch that you need for an evening wedding. We had candles everywhere and a Unity Candle that Dayna carefully packed up for us at the end. Afterwards, we paid a little extra and had about 1/3 of our guests come upstairs to the bar at the Cliff restarant for our die hard partying guests to dance til 1am.

DJ Dave is part of the Occasions package and team, if you so desire, and an option that is priceless. Dave went beyound our expectations and videotaped the ceremony and our guests greetings. He got our first dance, played the track for the song that our teens wrote and sang for us, kept the crowd dancing and played every single song from the song list that i requested at the right time. Then he went as far as to burn a copy of the procession music, the ceremony music, the cocktail hour music and the dance music and gave me the CDs. That was more than we expected. I hope the groom tipped him accordingly ;-)

Occasions does provide you with your own coordinator for your day. But just like any coordinator, the bride and groom have to choose their colors, theme, music, food, cake, dress, photographer and guest list themselves. Dayna and the Occasions team put all that into play and keep you on schedule and make sure that any last minuted changes are implemented. The coordinators are not there to come with you to pick flowers or your gown, if you want that, hire a private one. If you can do that with your Maid of Honor and family members then you dont need to hire some overly booked busy coordinator that is going to charge you $5,000 for just showing up. Dayna and Heather were there the entire time from the early afternoon before the wedding started til midnight. They were professional and courteous to my guests. We got married in the middle of the wedding season and Dayna was calm, cool and collected and did her job beautifully.

We could not have had a better day anywhere else - we are convinced. It was worth every penny and was more then we ever imagined. Every couple expects something to go wrong on their big day, but we honestly did not have any problems that we were aware of or have any complaints. Our first date was at the Cliff Restaraunt, so that location will always be special to us, and when my husband found out that we could be married there, and that July 25th was still open, we were sold. We'll be back again for our 10th anniversary party and our kids get engaged (some day), we'll know where to send them.

All our love,
Lisa & John Dunham

Profile Picture Lisa, 7/25/09, 1 Review
Category: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, DJ, Favors & Gifts, Flowers, Officiant, Transportation, Videography, Wedding Cake, Wedding Planning

We were married on June 26, 2009 at Occasions and let me tell you, it was the dream wedding. It completely exceeded my all of my extremely high expectations. The location and services provided are what dreams are made of, they made everything so easy.

It's hard for me to believe the negitive reviews posted on this site, we had the complete opposite experience with Occasions. Dayna was our on-site coordinator, and not only was she extremely professional and helpful but she allowed me to enjoy every aspect of my rehearsal and wedding day because I felt so secure in her hands. And this is comming from a type-A personality, I want things done perfectly. And what I appreciated most about Dayna was she listened to me, she was able to see my vision and then she perfected it. I couldn't have asked for a better location or a better group of people to work with, I highly reccomend Occasions, and I hope you have the same beautiful experience I did.

Profile Picture Christine, 6/26/09, 3 Reviews

Everything was great!

Profile Picture J, 5/19/07, 5 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

We searched high and low for a wedding in our price range. We visited golf courses that high power lines hanging over the reception hall, we went hotels that looked better suited for a 1980's business convention and we looked at destinations that were you would expect full of college kids on spring break. Nothing met our expectations like Occasions at Laguna Village.

Our Wedding Coordinator, Dayna, continued to calm our nerves from the first time we bugged her 6 months before the big day, to her carrying us through the Wedding with ease and grace. They arranged the vendors for us, and around every corner that sounded to the future Groom as near detestable, we enjoyed meetings that were smooth and spoke directly to my fiance's "vision".

From the cake, to our florist, to DJ Lucas Early, they continued to impress us with arranging vendors that were professional, fun and affordable.

The day of our Wedding we meet our biggest fear, since the dreaded word "rain" was in the forecast. California having it's worse drought season in over a decade, and the one day the much needed rain was predicted to pour down from the sky was on our Wedding Day.

Luckily, with continued assurance by Dayna, the clouds parted just as the Ceremony began. The wind was something fierce and it was not the warmest of spring days, but the crew at Occasions made up for the chill with the warmth of a beautiful location overlooking the ocean, continued great service to our guests and of course... a lot of great booze.

Anyone that would love a perfect wedding in a place that seems way out of reach on a mid-size budget, needs to get married at Occasions in Laguna Village like we did. I could not have asked for a better day to start my life with my beautiful bride. Thank you to everyone from the beginning to the end.

Profile Picture User5141974, 2+ years ago, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

So beautiful and luxurious. I am so pleased with everything, and couldn't have asked for a more perfect day. I felt like a princess, and the scenery was breathtaking.

Profile Picture Lana, 3/21/09, 3 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

I got married here in September and I couldn't have been happier with how everything turned out. The sun was shining, the sunset was filled with orange, blue, pink hues, the food was better than the samples we tasted, the cake was gorgeous, everything was perfect. Dj Dave was an amazing DJ, he didn't go into the cheezy music, our coordinator, Dayna, was the single reason I didn't go insane the week before the wedding. She was so calm, organized, and professional, with the whole "you don't worry about a thing attitude" with me. And I know I can be a pain to work with. Things got very stressful but she made it all okay with her laid back, get-the-job-done attitude. A few minor details were missed, but they were not a big deal at all. She really was awesome and I can't thank her enough.

Profile Picture Kelly , 9/21/08, 5 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, DJ, Event Rentals & Photobooths, Flowers, Wedding Cake, Wedding Planning

We had an amazing wedding and the cost of this venue was well worth it. Everyone had an amazing time and the venue was beautiful.

Profile Picture Kristen, 8/17/08, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

had my wedding here at the end of July 2012 and everything was AMAZING! Dayna was my coordinator. She was very helpful and responded to all of my emails, texts and phone calls right away. The day of, everything ran smoothly. I could not have asked for a better wedding day! It turned out exactly how I planned it in my head. Everything was beautiful and my guests said it was best, most beautiful wedding they had ever been too!

The food from the Cliff Restaurant was fantastic. We also did an open bar with a Sangria station and a ice scuplture martini fountain. Since we had the open bar, the extras were included.

We were able to chose all of our own linens, table wear, china, chairs, etc... I heard that one other company can book this site as well. Occasions works with a rental company so you can choose from any colors you want. We even went to them to pick out everything and see it all in person. Some things you have to pay extra for and it can get a little pricey but I am only getting married once and I wanted to do it right!

Andrew the manager at the Cliff Restaurant was also so wonderful to work with. He was very responsive and went above and beyond to make our day great! We had a 3 hour tasting and he boxed up all the leftover food and we ate for days aftewards. He had microbrew beer flown in from Idaho just for my husband and stocked the bar with my favorite wine. The Prime Rib with the peppercorn sauce is my new favorite food.

Honestly, I could go on and on about how wonderful everything was. I have no complaints. I read some people were complaining about parking but I asked my guests and they had no problems. I didn't have children at my wedding so that wasn't a problem either. Overall, I would highly recommend Occasions!

Profile Picture Erin , 7/28/12, 1 Review