Oakmont Golf Club Reviews

Oakmont Golf Club 6
Oakmont Golf Club 7

Megan · Married on 06/15/2019

Great venue!

Oakmont was a beautiful place for us to have our reception at.

Sent on 06/24/2019

Elizabeth · Married on 04/07/2019

The perfect day!

We knew as soon as we visited Oakmont for the first time that it was the perfect place for our wedding. Michelle Sand is an angel and she gracefully guided us through the entire process. We made a few visits before the wedding with different family members as well as our photographer, and Michelle was always warm and welcoming. We had a couple of pre-wedding meetings to taste the menu and finalize details, which was so helpful. With a long stretch of rainy days leading up to our wedding day, we made the last-minute decision to have our ceremony on the deck instead of out on the soggy gold course, and we couldn't be happier with how it all turned out. The backdrop of the mountains and greenery made for incredible photos and our guests we very happy and comfortable. We received so many compliments from our guests and everyone who worked with us made us feel so special. Our wedding day was more beautiful than we could have ever dreamed, thanks to the entire staff at Oakmont.

Sent on 05/02/2019

Sophia · Married on 01/25/2019

Would Recommend!

This venue is in beautiful Sonoma County and has breath-taking views. Not only was the venue itself spectacular, so were the staff. Michelle Sand is the on-site coordinator and helps with every detail of the venue from food to making sure everything the day of runs smoothly. She met with us multiple times prior to our wedding to make sure every detail was how we wanted it to be. The day of the wedding, she made sure everything went to plan and that our timeline was followed, while never making us feel rushed. She makes sure that the bride and groom have nothing to stress about the day of their wedding, which is so important! It's so nice that this venue includes her services as part of their wedding packages. I knew nothing about weddings going into this, so to have her help was great. I also want to comment on how delicious the food was. There are different food and beverage packages to choose from which helps couples customize their menus and stay within budget if needed.
    I feel like this venue gives you a lot for the cost! I would definitely recommend!

Sent on 10/16/2018

Simona Mariotto · Married on 10/06/2018

Highly recommended!

My husband and I are so so happy that we chose Oakmont for our wedding! From day one, Michelle Sand was incredibly helpful with answering our questions and giving much needed advice. The location is stunning against beautiful mountains, the staff is all super friendly and the food was delicious! I highly recommend Oakmont and Michelle for your big day!

Sent on 10/21/2018
    Oakmont Golf Club 8
    Oakmont Golf Club 9

Anna · Married on 09/02/2018

Wedding of my dreams

Where do I begin? My husband and I got married September 2nd and we are still getting comments from our guests about how beautiful and wonderful our wedding was. Michelle and her team are the utmost professionals and they have the planning and coordination down to a T. Michelle genuinely cares about her clients and that’s really important. The venue is beyond breathtakingly beautiful and the food was amazing! Talking about my wedding makes me want to get married again!

Sent on 10/24/2018
  • Ellie

Ellie Reyes · Married on 08/25/2018

Best day of my life

We had the most magical and dreamy wedding at Oakmont. Michelle Sand and her team really went above and beyond to make sure we had everything we wanted on our special day. The day of was very smooth, as the bride I felt completely supported and like all I had to do was follow the plan that had been so carefully arranged ahead of time. It really have me the chance to let go of any worries and enjoy the pure bliss of being surrounded by my friends and family on our wedding day. I cannot thank Michelle enough for all her hard work, after hours responsiveness and endless kindness to us. Without her we really would not have been able to have our dream come true. This venue is absolutely stunning, friendly staff, spacious and well maintained. We got great photos and stories that we will cherish forever. Thanks oakmont!!

Sent on 10/25/2018

Lexi · Married on 08/18/2018

Besides the venue being breath taking-especially in the evening hours.. the staff was amazing! From beginning to end, over a year of planning, Michelle and her staff went above and beyond at helping this mom of three plan our wedding! She quickly responded to every email, even after hours, and always helped me keep my sanity. The flow of the wedding couldn’t have been any more flawless, surpassed my expectations that day! I want to relive that day all over again!
    Did I mention the food? Our guests feedback was 90% about how amazing their plates were. I would pay top dollar to have that food again!

Sent on 08/31/2018
    Oakmont Golf Club 10

Amanda · Married on 08/11/2018

Best LGBTQ Wedding Venue

We would do it all over again in a heartbeat! Having our wedding at Oakmont was the best decision we've ever made. Michelle was an angel and made the entire planning process a breeze. The venue had such great character, we really didn't need to spend much money on decorations. The outside deck overlooking the golf course was the perfect backdrop as the sun set in the evening. And to top it off, the Oakmont staff were so warm and welcoming to all of our guests. We hit the jackpot with this place and we couldn't be more grateful. We received nothing but support as my wife and I planned our same sex wedding here. Thank you Oakmont Golf Club for making our special day, the best day of our lives.

Sent on 10/23/2018
  • zakiya

zakiya · Married on 07/21/2018

Beyond expectations

The Oakmont golf course was an amazing wonderful venue that exceeding my wife and I expectations. We had a vision that we wanted for our special day and the scenery combined with outstanding Food and service made our day just that..special and perfect. Our coordinator Michelle Sands was wonderful to work with and helped make what could be a hectic day, a fun and special day that was enjoyable. The staff was very nice and helpful and I would absolutely recommend this venue as a place to make your day special and memorable.

Oakmont Golf Club 11
    Oakmont Golf Club 12
    Oakmont Golf Club 13
    Oakmont Golf Club 14
    Oakmont Golf Club 15

Mike · Married on 07/07/2018

Amazing place to get married!

I highly recommend consideration of this venue for a wedding for the price, service, and beauty it cannot be beaten. I attended two wedding there this summer as well as a fundraiser and all of the events were expertly run and coordinated.

• Kimberly

Kimberly · Married on 07/06/2018

Wedding Bliss in 4 months of planning!

With the help of Michelle, we planned the wedding of our dreams in four months! It was an amazing way to begin our lives together.

Oakmont Golf Club 16
  • Sarah

Sarah · Married on 06/16/2018

Fairytale wedding

I had my dream wedding at Oakmont Golf Club. It was absolutely beautiful. Michelle made sure everything was perfect on the big day. While I sipped champagne, she stressed to make sure timing was running smoothly. The setting on the golf course is beautiful, and serene. I was able to surprise my guests by arriving on a horse drawn carriage. Oakmont made the surprise possible and worked with me to plan it. It was everything I could ask for!

Sent on 10/23/2018
    Oakmont Golf Club 17
    Oakmont Golf Club 18
    Oakmont Golf Club 19

Hugo · Married on 06/09/2018

Michelle Sand is the best. She not only helped my wife and I make our wedding happen with no mishaps she was there anytime we needed an question answered. She made it so easy for us we had nothing to worry about and it all came out great. Highly recommended. Also she was at our big day with no excuses on her wedding anniversary and for that we highly appreciated her help. Once again cant say enough about Michelle and Oakmont Golf Club. Thank you

Sent on 09/01/2018

Stefanie · Married on 06/08/2018

Our wedding at Oakmont a few weeks ago was better than I could've ever imagined. The ceremony site with the beautiful trees and location made for a perfect summer evening gathering. The deck outside the reception area was a great place for pictures at dusk, socializing, and of course, the late night s'mores. Michelle Sand was also an absolute pleasure to work with throughout this whole process. When we were stressed out about details, she assured us that everything would go off without a hitch. And surely, she delivered. We had a great experience here at Oakmont and with Michelle, and would recommend this venue to anyone!

Sent on 07/03/2018

Julie · Married on 03/24/2018

Oh my gosh, three days before my son was to be married, I was in a mad rush to find a wedding venue when we found out the forecast called for rain on his wedding day. He and his bride wanted to get married out at the beach,; it was a no go. I called the Oakmont Golf and country club and spoke with a super nice lady named Michelle. She was wonderful! She accommodated us and went above and beyond - all pretty much at the last hour. She completely saved the day! The wedding was beautiful, and the photographer and we were so happy to have such a pretty area to shoot pictures! Michelle was warm and helpful. We were so lucky we found her and this beautiful venue.❤️

Sent on 03/28/2018

Brittany · Married on 02/10/2018

Oakmont is the most perfect place to get married! We loved everything, from the initial tour, to the tasting and details, to the day of. All of the staff was absolutely amazing and helpful! We live out of town, so Michelle was extremely helpful to us. She was responsive throughout the entire planning process, answering all the questions we had, even if we had to ask them twice! The food was delicious! The landscape is gorgeous for the ceremony and pictures! We loved that we were able to use the deck for cocktail hour and for part of the reception as well! We could go on for hours about the amazing our experience was. Thank you to everyone at Oakmont for helping us have the wedding of our dreams!

Sent on 03/07/2018
    Oakmont Golf Club 26
    Oakmont Golf Club 27
  • Whittney

Whittney · Married on 11/04/2017

Wow- I can't not say enough good things about the Oakmont Staff. We had our wedding there on 11/4, and it was perfect. The entire process from our initial meeting, through the day of, it does not get any better. We got married a month after all the complete devastation by wildfires, and even during their time of need (many of the staff were impacted and lost homes), Michelle Sand kept me updated and always found ways to calm me throughout the entire process. They plan for the best, but prepared for the worst, and for that, we couldn't be more grateful.

The ceremony site is so pretty, and our guests RAVED about the food, drinks and atmosphere.

Thank you, thank you, thank you! Without this team, it would not have been the best day of our lives.

Sent on 11/09/2017
    Oakmont Golf Club 28
    Oakmont Golf Club 29

Andrea · Married on 09/16/2017

We got married at Oakmont Golf Course in September and it was the best choice we made. The venue itself is beautiful and the Oakmont Staff is amazing. They relieved a lot of stress by taking care of a lot of the day of things at the wedding. We worked with Vilte, Heather and Michelle and they were there for us throughout the whole process and answered any of my questions at anytime. The food is also delicious. We have gotten many compliments from guests that our food was amazing. If you want a stress free wedding, this is the place for you. I thought I was going to be super stressed the week of the wedding and actually found myself very relaxed because most things were already being taken care of by Oakmont. The day of the wedding went smoothly and was the best day of our lives!

Sent on 11/26/2017

Mylyn · Married on 03/25/2017

We got married at Oakmont Golf Club a week ago. We couldn't be happier on how our wedding turned out. Both coordinators, Heather and Vilte was easy to work with. They were quick to respond to our inquiries. They listened to us and offered guidance. They were organized and well staffed for the event. Our guests were impressed with the location and raved about how great the food was. One of our fears was being short on food and that was NOT even an issue, some of our guests were even able to have second servings! Due to weather, we ended up having our wedding ceremony on the deck. We felt it was just as good if not better than having it on the grass area. We were very happy we chose Oakmont to have our wedding because it's a perfect place for us!

Sent on 04/02/2017

Amanda · Married on 11/11/2016

My husband and I couldn’t imagine a more perfect place to have had our wedding! Oakmont Golf Club is a gorgeous venue that has packages which can cater to any budget! Not to mention an extremely helpful wedding coordinator, Heather, who gladly answered any and all questions we had and was extremely accommodating throughout our entire wedding-planning process! Our only regret is not having our wedding day start earlier and end later, because it was the BEST day ever!

Sent on 12/31/2017
    Oakmont Golf Club 30
    Oakmont Golf Club 31
    Oakmont Golf Club 32
    Oakmont Golf Club 33
    Oakmont Golf Club 34

I am currently planning my wedding at Oakmont for October, 2016 and I am so completely excited!!! Heather (the venue event coordinator) is an absolute dream to work with---she even had her own wedding there very recently, and I feel it says a lot about a venue when the employees want to have their special day there as well! The views from the deck/reception hall are absolutely breathtaking and the ceremony site is picturesque. It's also one of the most affordable venues in all of wine country! My fiancé and I really wanted to have a big classic wine country wedding (I grew up in Sonoma, but we now live in NYC), but were completely aghast at the average $10K site fee for the wineries. Oakmont is giving us that perfect wine country venue in a doable price range. I will be sure to write back again after the wedding, but so far, Heather has made the planning process so smooth, and I can't wait to get married there!!!

Sent on 02/22/2016

Rebecca · Married on 08/05/2016

2 years ago today, we were married at Oakmont golf club. We came back to celebrate our Anniversary and have lunch. As we reflect, Oakmont was the perfect wedding venue, from start to finish. Heather made sure the day flowed smoothly. Our guests loved the ceremony and reception space as much as we did. Our compliments to the kitchen and waitstaff. The food was delicious and the service was prompt. We did not encounter and issues or problems on our special day! Oakmont is the perfect all inclusive wedding spot!

Sent on 08/05/2018

christine · Married on 07/16/2016

Oakmont Golf Club was an amazing venue for our wedding ceremony and reception! Everything was beautiful from the fire barrels, to the wedding deck lights, the special heart that is mowed on the fairway of the 18th hole, the mountain back drop as well the beautiful pond behind you as you say I do! I can't thank Heather and her staff enough for making our wedding so perfect! Oakmont Gold Club was very affordable and flexible if I might add!

Sent on 08/06/2016

Oakmont Golf Club's reply:

Thank you SO much for this Christine!! We appreciate it more than anything! And it was our pleasure. Congrats again and have a wonderful marriage :) -Heather

Hwater is fabulous. Wedding to follow in November. All booked

Sent on 09/01/2015

Jocelyn · Married on 04/23/2016

My husband and I were so glad that we decided to go with Oakmont Golf Club for our wedding! I love Sonoma County views and this venue has some of the best! From the very beginning, when we were first inquiring, to the day after the wedding, we never encountered a single staff member who didn't act in the most professional, and courteous manner. Heather, was the wedding coordinator we worked with and she has an amazing gift! Not only can you tell that she loves her job, but she can make any wedding dream a reality. No idea I had was too out of reach for her to do. When we met for our food tasting, she had set up a mock centerpiece idea for me (without me even asking) and it was exactly like the vision I had in my head! Oakmont takes care of all the catering and drinks which all our guests loved! Oakmont staff was very responsive during the wedding planning process. No matter how many frantic calls and emails I had Heather and her team always was calm and always had an answer or plan. They are also very flexible. Their package not only comes with food, drinks but also all linens, tables, and even some centerpiece items to use. Although if you want to bring in your own rentals they welcome that too! (unlike alot of venues) I could go on forever about this venue, but to put it simply Oakmont made our wedding day perfect!! We are so happy!

Sent on 05/22/2016