Oaklands Mansion Reviews

Beautiful location

Sent on 10/09/2019
    Oaklands Mansion 5

Debbie · Married on 04/21/2018

The Oaklands Mansion location was perfect in every way. The grounds gave guests plenty of room to roam and take in the the beauty. We used the cottage for the bride and bridesmaids to get ready and appreciated the full kitchen, full bathroom with shower, plenty of dressing space and tons of mirrors. The reception hall was perfect for our 65 guests, food tables, and still have room for a dance floor. The Mansion was stunning in pictures, whether in the background of the ceremony or for the bridal party pictures at the entrance. Connor Moss was a life safer in his calm presence and ability to offer solutions with every challenge that arose in our plans!

Sent on 04/22/2018

Lee Ann · Married on 12/23/2017

Our Christmas wedding was beautiful at Oaklands Mansion! So very happy that we chose this historic site for our wedding. The staff at Oaklands, especially curator Connor Moss, were very helpful in the planning process and wonderful on the day of the wedding (really helped calm this nervous bride!). Guests loved that they could tour the mansion before the wedding and we loved that we had an amazing venue for gorgeous photos. For more about our wedding and to see more photos please go to https://www.celladoraweddingphotography.com/cozy-christmas-wedding-oaklands-mansion-murfreesboro-tn
    Thanks to Oaklands Mansion for helping to make our wedding day so incredibly special!!!

Sent on 01/23/2018
    Oaklands Mansion 6
    Oaklands Mansion 7
    Oaklands Mansion 8

Oaklands was fantastic throughout my entire planning process, and they helped make our day absolutely perfect. The grounds are gorgeous and provided the perfect place for our fall ceremony and reception. The staff was extremely helpful and willing to do everything they could to make our wedding exactly how we wanted it. Raina was with us every step of the way and she was able to answer all of my questions, and was always there when I needed her the day of the wedding. This venue is very reasonably priced and is run by excellent staff. They make it clear that they are a historic site and museum as well as a venue, but that only made our experience better. I would highly recommend this venue to anyone who wants a beautiful wedding in a unique setting.

Sent on 10/28/2015

A. Nichole · Married on 07/08/2006

My husband is in the US Army and we weren't sure of the date we would be getting married. The Oaklands staff were so generous and understanding. We had to pay a down payment and usually venues won't let you get that payment back if you have to cancel or change the date. The Oaklands worked with me to set the date and not charge us for my husbands service to this country. I'm very thankful for the beautiful location and the wonderful people that work there. Besides the beautiful area, the cost was unbeatable!

Sent on 06/04/2008

Kate · Married on 07/05/2014

Oaklands is a hidden gem. Many of the other Antebellum homes in Middle Tennessee are ridiculously expensive and not nearly as pretty as Oaklands. Raina and the other staff were very helpful and professional. They were very easy to work with, and I was able to have my dream wedding at this beautiful and historic site.

Sent on 07/16/2014

2.2
      2.0
      2.5
      1.0
      1.5

Event manager neglected to ask City to allow music until 11:00 PM, after emailing me that she would do so. She told DJ to shut down at 10:00 PM. When I reminded her that she was to obtain a variance (angrily, I admit), she brought the on-site sheriff to the reception. He was rude, and tried to intimidate and belittle me. He called in police. I was accused by him of being drunk, so I requested a breathalyzer test. He said he couldn't do that, but could get 20 police there in 5 minutes. He is a liability to a respectable venue.

Sent on 05/30/2015