Oakhurst Golf & Country Club Reviews

17 Reviews for Oakhurst Golf & Country Club

• Molly

Molly Hothem · Married on 08/24/2019

Beautiful!

Everything about Oakhurst is beautiful! Lindsay is so accommodating and helpful! They definitely go out of their way to make sure your day is perfect.

Sent on 04/26/2019

Jennifer · Married on 09/02/2017

Oakhurst was above and beyond all of our expectations. Erin, the event coordinator, worked with us from day one and was extremely helpful the day of the wedding. Oakhurst staff took all of the decorations we brought and made them look so much better than I had hoped. Every detail the day of the wedding was taken care of for us so that we could just sit back, relax, and enjoy the day. The staff was so kind, polite, and efficient. The venue itself was stunning. The outdoor ceremony location was intimate and beautiful, with the picture-perfect pine background for pictures. The building is incredible, inside and out (as you can see from the pictures on this website). I couldn't believe how much our guests enjoyed the back porch overlooking the grounds with the fire pits and s'mores. So many people told us it was the best wedding they'd ever been to, and other vendors remarked at how this was one of the most beautiful locations they had worked in. We couldn't be happier!

Sent on 09/04/2017
  • I

ian · Married on 09/17/2016

We looked at several wedding venues, but when we walked into Oakhurst, my wife’s face completely lit up, and I knew within 30 seconds of being there, that it was going to be the place we got married at. Book Oakhurst WELL IN ADVANCE, as they book up far out, very early. We booked our wedding almost 2.5 years out, and they already had stuff scheduled for that month! As we got closer to our tasting, we grew more and more anxious to try the food we had heard so much about. When we arrived, we met Regina, the Event Coordinator. Words CANNOT express how amazing she is. Right from the beginning, it felt like we had known Regina for years, but she had a mother-like protection over us, doing all she could to make sure the wedding and reception were everything we had envisioned. As we sat there waiting for our food, we had the opportunity to meet the Head Chef. The food was INCREDIBLE, and I don’t mean good, but INCREDIBLE! It was unbelievably good! For the weeks leading up to the wedding, we seemed to send countless emails to Regina, which were met with prompt responses, making sure to answer ALL of our questions. At the rehearsal, Regina was her amazing self, giving all of us pointers on what to do, how thing should be set up, etc, even offering up some very useful tips to our officiant. Regina arrived early the day of to finish setting up the decorations and to make sure everything was perfect. You simply cannot ask for a more amazing coordinator than her, period. Oakhurst is gorgeous enough to impress all of your guests, but when they walk inside and are met by a friendly and attentive staff, it makes the night that much more enjoyable. We received endless compliments on the venue itself, the beauty of it, the home-like feel, the friendly staff and overall ambiance of the place. It is ABSOLUTELY worth the money!

Sent on 10/17/2016

Sugato · Married on 06/13/2015

My wife and I had our wedding at Oakhurst this past June. Regina and her staff were outstanding in helping us to coordinate the event while living in the DC area. Every detail was accounted for and we got a ton of help with additional vendors. The food provided by the venue was excellent, and they were able to customize a menu that fit what we were looking for. The venue itself was beautiful. We particularly enjoyed the patio, the large windows overlooking the lawn, and the spiral staircases down the reception hall. I would highly recommend this venue to anyone.

Sent on 10/26/2015

Alyssa · Married on 06/28/2014

We are so grateful to have found this venue and work with Reginia, Lisa, and Lynn. The entire staff at Oakhurst helped to make our wedding day everything we imagined and more. Our guests couldn't say enough about how beautiful the venue was and how great the food was. Thank you again!!

Sent on 06/30/2014

Julie · Married on 08/24/2013

Best venue ever!!! Staff went above and beyond. I didn't have to lift a finger. Everything was perfect.
    Absolutely beautiful.

Sent on 09/12/2013

Megan · Married on 10/13/2012

We got married here last week and couldn't believe the level of service we received. The staff was wonderful and on top of everything the whole night (many of our guests attested to this) and Regina, the Manager was amazing and practically ran our ceremony and reception. The food was also amazing. Our guests could not say enough about it. Not your typical chicken in white sauce bland wedding food in the least!

Sent on 10/18/2012

Kristy · Married on 11/26/2011

This was the most beautiful place we found, from the start I felt at ease about the whole wedding process, Regina was always there to help or answer one of my many emails. She made sure my wedding was perfect, and thanks to her and all the staff it was!! The food tasting was phenomenal. I still have people talking about how amazing the food was at our wedding. The pricing was very reasonable and within our budget. I would recommended this place over and over to anyone who wants a wedding to remember.

Sent on 03/14/2012

Katie · Married on 08/13/2011

I had my wedding reception at Oakhurst and we had the main ball room and the fireside room. Services at Oakhurst began a little rocky as we had three different wedding coordinators over the year that we were planning the wedding. However, the last coordinators, Regina and Lynn, were phenomenal and really tied up the loose ends that we were concerned about. Service and food were amazing. My guests raved about the food being the best they have had in a long time. Everyone was kind, courteous and most of all, fun. The venue itself is BEAUTIFUL and even more beautiful in pictures. We loved our event and have spectacular memories because of the great staff. Thank you!

Sent on 08/15/2011

marlena · Married on 07/22/2011

We had our wedding here and it was beautiful. The wedding coordinator was very accomodating and helpful. The venue is very classy and great for pictures. The food was delicious and the prices were lower than some of the other golf courses we had looked at. I would definitely recommend it.

Sent on 02/29/2012
  • Kelsey

Kelsey · Getting married on 10/24/2020

Lindsey is professional and honest

We had an appointment with Lindsey and she took the time to answer all our questions and work with whjat we wanted for our perfect day!

Sent on 06/19/2019
  • User2094143 · 2+ years ago

Oakhurst did a wonderful job. They did any of those little extra items that I thought I would have to ask friends or family to help with on the big day (such as: setting up candles, putting out place cards, moving ceremony flowers to the reception, etc). They were easy to work with and the food was amazing, my guests raved about the food! Not to mention a beautiful setting for photos.

Sent on 08/14/2012

Emily · Married on 10/22/2011

The Club House is beautiful and I mean beautiful. All my guest were impressed. The ladies locker room was a special treat. Tammy and Regina were great to work with and help with every detail. The service staff was awesome and the food was even better. Loved the veranda and the woods for photos. We ended up paying a little more for the wedding, but well worth it.

Thanks Oakhurst....

Emily & Tristen

Sent on 11/12/2011

Eunice · Married on 08/21/2010

We were both very happy with how our wedding turned out. First of all, the venue is absolutely beautiful, perfectly matched with how I visioned my wedding to be. Lot of windows with open feeling, green open grass, huge balcony for people to mingle, etc. Also Libby, the wedding coordinator was very fun and easy to work with, she made everything turn out well as I hoped and the food was fantastic!! People still comment on how great the food was. I was really surprised too because usually when you go to weddings, you don't get the best quality of food..and that is why we wanted to make sure our guests had good food at our wedding and it came to be true! Thank you Oakhurst!

Sent on 02/11/2011
  • O

molly · Married on 10/09/2010

3.0

We had some troubles with staff turnover, but once we finally started working with Libby (granted it was only days before our wedding) she was able to make everything turn out just amazing for us! The place is just beautiful and they're very accomodating - even set up s'mores outside over a fire pit for us and a tv to watch the big football game on that night. Our guests loved the food too.

Sent on 01/20/2011

Courtney · Married on 06/18/2016

My husband and I loved the rustic, classy charm of the space and knew we wanted to book it as soon as we saw it in person. We ended up having our ceremony outside on the side terrace and our cocktail hour/reception followed immediately inside. PROS: Gorgeous building, great flow between ceremony/cocktail hour/reception, outside balcony perfect for guests to walk around, trees and ivy in the back provide an awesome backdrop for pictures, EXCELLENT food, spacious women's locker room for bridal party with mimosas provided, friendly servers/staff, Regina (the coordinator) is professional and easy to work with. CONS: Charge you a $50 "temporary membership fee" but it does not grant you access to the golf course or the members-only bar, have to provide your own chair covers and floor-length linens if you want them, difficult for guests to hear speeches and see entrances if they are sitting in the side room and not the grand room, female club members still come into the locker room if your bridal party gets ready there (we had a club member rudely ask us to move so she could dry her hair while we were having our makeup done). Overall, we really had a lot of compliments about our venue and we were happy. The gorgeous space and delicious food outweighed all of the cons.

Sent on 02/08/2017