Oak Valley Vineyards Reviews

Oak Valley Vineyards 6
Oak Valley Vineyards 7
  • Caitlyn

Caitlyn Woods · Getting married on 03/28/2020

Perfect Intimate Rustic Setting!

First and only place we toured! We didn’t need to look anywhere else because Oak Valley Vineyard is everything we could imagine for our dream wedding!

Sent on 07/14/2019
  • Kaitlyn

Kaitlyn Boyett · Getting married on 11/17/2019

Family oriented and beautiful venue!!

Beth was very responsive and informative about any and all questions we had! We did unfortunately go with a different venue due to budget and location, but was out number one choice for a while!!

Sent on 02/24/2019
  • Nicol

Nicol · Married on 08/31/2019

Best day of our lives

My wedding 8-31-19 was absolutely perfect and beyond I could of ever dreamed. As a bride your expecting for something to go wrong as it is inevitable but Lori and Sue made sure that did not happen. From the food, to the decorations to the flowers that Don did everything was delicious, beautiful and perfect. I have received so many compliments from my guest about how much they loved this venue. Not enough stars for me to rave about how amazing this place was.

Sent on 09/02/2019
    Oak Valley Vineyards 14
    Oak Valley Vineyards 15

Rebekah · Married on 03/23/2019

The venue is amazing!!!

This venue is a beautiful venue hidden just outside of San Antonio. The staff is amazing and guide you through the whole planning process. Your only task is to tell them how you want everything to be and they’ll make sure that it is beyond what you imagined. I would recommend Oak Valley Vinyards to those looking at wedding venues, families looking for brunch spots, and anyone who just wants a romantic getaway for dinner.

Sent on 10/28/2018

Patricia · Married on 10/29/2017

When I was a little girl, I used to dream about having my wedding at Oak Valley Vineyards. I am so glad we did! Beth and
    Lori were top notch at helping us to live out our dream wedding. They are both very chill and accommodating. At every meeting we were offered something to drink and walked through all of our concerns. They listened to my anxious worries and reassured me each visit I made, even when I came with no appointment. And on the day of, they were busy helping everything run smoothly, but still had time to ask me what I needed.
    Also, the food was extraordinary. We had a brunch wedding with eggs benedict, and people were a little scared to try a dish they did not have a lot of experience with. They scarfed it down. Food was unbelievable, so I am glad I had time for most of the plate! Can't wait to go back for a dinner date soon. In addition, they let us set up our own yogurt bar as a segue into the main course. They also accommodated my (now) husband's request to have cider at our open bar by shipping in his favorite brand. Kudos.
    Lastly, I would be remiss if I did not discuss their florist, Paul. I love plants, and this was the most important aspect of the reception for me. I wanted lots of greenery and pieces that would have the ability to be taken with us. Not only did he give me all of the above, but he came in significantly cheaper than HEB. He asked me to trust him, and all I can say is the man is a vision. He even left us a surprise arrangement of irises in honor of a family member who passed away. It has now been 3 weeks to the day since the wedding, and my home is covered in beautiful greenery from our ceremony.
    I literally felt like our wedding was perfect. What more could a bride ask for?

Sent on 11/19/2017
    Oak Valley Vineyards 16
    Oak Valley Vineyards 17

Beautiful venue. Opened just for our function and the staff was very professional and friendly. The food was delicious and everything was perfect. I appreciated that they accomodated a weekday wedding as well as a number of people that didn't drink alchol in spite of being a vineyard. We were a little rushed when we got there to go through the various events (eat, toast, cake, leave) but that may have been due to the amount of time we booked. Overall very happy and they made our wedding day memorable and special. Will definitely try to go back someday to celebrate or just have a meal.

Sent on 08/05/2016
  • FutureMrsE2015

Ashley · Married on 10/17/2015

Before I met my fiance, I knew that Oak Valley Vineyards would be my wedding venue. The place is a hidden gem, sitting in the hill country north of San Antonio. It is absolutely beautiful in a natural way. Beth and her staff were completely attentive to our needs from day one, answering phones and emails with great promptness. All the guests raved about how good the food and atmosphere was, many planning weekend trips for romantic dinners there in the near future. I shared my vision of what we wanted our special day to be with Beth and her staff and they made it happen!

Sent on 11/07/2015

Shaina · Married on 10/03/2015

My wedding was in October 2015, I cannot say enough good things about the staff and the venue itself which are outstanding. Every aspect of the planning and the wedding itself exceeded our expectations. Our experience with Beth, who was our very first contact at Oak Valley Vineyards and who handled our wedding including being on site the day of. She was responsive, smart and so pleasant !!!!! The planning process was so easy using all the tools she creates for you, you cannot help but be organized. The entire staff who took care of us personally, the day of the wedding. Bethwas so awesome at the end of the night I told her I wanted to take her home and just gave her the biggest hug and she hugged right back, what a sweetheart to have next to you on such an important day, this was my first wedding and I was very happy to have the staff of Oak Valley Vineyards backing me :). Everyone was very professional, warm and friendly with my guests as well as the bridal party. The food was TO DIE FOR and the floral and all of my beautiful arrangements were done with Beth as well. The venue is amazing because they handled every aspect from my dj, floral, décor, setup, takedown, planning, coordinating, catering, even the officiant. The only thing I did on my own was order cupcakes through a local bakery. Everything else was done by the Vineyard themselves. They are really in the right business. The wait staff and house staff, were really personable lovely people who did a great job They received a lot of compliments from our guests, and I have to agree, they were so on top of things and just so happy to be there ! This staff is doing what they love, they do not appear as though they are working. Even at the end of the night helping us load the buses, they were all smiling and happy !!! Just outstanding, exceeded our expectations, from the food, the drinks, to the venue, to the staff. I cannot express my gratitude and the exceptional experience enough.

Sent on 07/21/2016

angela · Married on 05/02/2015

My wedding will be in may 2015. I booked it last may, and everyone that i have dealt with has been awesome. They are always very responsive to my questions/ needs thus far. It is a beautiful, relaxed venue.

Sent on 12/23/2014

Nicole · Married on 04/14/2013

I don't even know where to start! I loved every minute of our wedding at The Vineyards! We got so many compliments how beautiful everything was! Lindsey, the event coordinator, was beyond amazing! She was easy to get in touch with before the wedding and made my day run so smooth! She was so patient with me and all the wedding party. She even sat on the ground to help my Matron of Honor do the bustle on my dress! I recommend this venue to everyone out there! You will love every minute of it! Thank you again Lindsey and your team! Y'all were so awesome!!!

Sent on 04/17/2013

Julie · Married on 10/28/2017

I don't know where to begin - so I'm just going to jump right in.
    This place is perfect for many reasons, it's quaint venue with some country style but not TOO Texas.
    - There are multiple "back drops" you can choose from - we chose the gazebo and you're surrounded by the vineyard itself. (Side note: their house Cabernet is top notch!).
    - It's an outdoor venue - but there is an area that's covered where you can have the reception. We had a crazy cold front that came in that weekend (Our wedding was Oct. 28th - it was up in the mid 70's low 80's all week but on wedding day it got windy and dropped the temp to about mid 40's - that's Texas weather for you!) Thankfully, they have these large canvases that they can pull down to cover the reception area - and they brought out this huge industrial looking heater that blasted hot air, it was perfect and saved us all, otherwise everyone would have migrated inside.
    - Convenience. They set up the chairs for ceremony and tables for reception, provide the food and alcohol, keep your cake safe, help with coordinating on wedding day, and then they take everything down for you at the end. Hopefully I'm not missing anything!
    - They have "in-house" services they work with - I used Paul the florist and Patrick for DJ services.
    Paul was so nice, had a mini "get to know you" chat - takes notes on what you like, has tons and tons of suggestions and tips. Works with you budget wise, helps with set up (at an extra cost depending on labor). I provided some items for decorating, had no idea how it was going to turn out but he did a great job and I was super happy with the set up. Patrick - I was worried about my ceremony song because it was obscure, and he found it and timed it perfectly. For our first dance I explained how we wanted to Rick Roll everyone (he had to look up what Rick Rolled was) and he NAILED it! Played a cheesy song, added a record scratch and we fooled everyone. So happy with the outcome!!!

Sent on 12/08/2017

Maia · Married on 07/23/2015

Venue is absolutely gorgeous, especially in the evening with all of the lights. The food is also amazing and I love that they offer pretty much everything you might need on site. I will definitely be going back to the restaurant and they made my night very special!

Sent on 08/14/2015

Ashley · Married on 10/21/2017

0.6
      1.0
      1.0
      0.5

The staff are very disorganized and lack communication. There were several details discussed numerous times that were overlooked or completely dismissed on the day of our wedding. When the final payment was due, they tried to charge us $900 for their in-house DJ when we informed them several times that we hired our own. They also tried to charge us an extra $1,000 because they didn't include the deposit in our total. On top of that, they didn't offer to help load/unload any decorations when my mother and father in law dropped off decorations. It was like they couldn't be bothered.

The ceremony went mostly well (due to our amazing officiant we hired, not the venue's), but Oak Valley forgot to bring out the water bottles that they suggested we bring for the ceremony (since it would still be a bit warm outside). They weren't iced down and were brought out at the last minute. Pointless at that point.

The reception was a huge mess. We wanted plates on the table and were told that was fine, even though we were having a buffet. Beth, the coordinator, even brought out the plates to show us what they looked like, and said it was no problem to set them on the tables. Well, she said we couldn't do that on the day of because we were having a buffet. It's like she completely forgot about the conversation we had a few weeks before!

We also discussed using chiffon curtains they have to decorate the ceremony arch and were assured we could use it. Well, a few weeks before, Beth said she didn't know where it was. Luckily, our florist saved the day and offered to let us borrow some. My mother-in-law visited the venue later that week to look for some items, and low and behold, the chiffon curtains were there.

I was very organized and detail-oriented when planning our wedding, and would send Beth timelines for the events. Well, I shouldn't have, because they completely disregarded it and brought out the buffet for dinn

Sent on 10/23/2017