Oak Mountain Winery Reviews

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2017 Winner

• Elisabeth
    Elisabeth S. Married on 09/02/2021

"Off Season" Wedding

In San Diego I don't know how there could be an off season but hey it helped save us some money. Though the grape vines weren't lush the venue is beautiful and with the help of the Coordinator Rony our wedding was almost completely stress free and beautiful! Rony really helped make things go as simply as possible and to me probably the best our there. Oak Mountain was also able to provide so much for us within the cost it really helped lower the number of needed vendors. I would highly recommend Oak Mountain.
  • Linda
    Linda E. Married on 09/14/2019

Phenomenal Venue

Both we and our guests had an amazing time during our wedding at Oak Mountain Winery! The venue is beautiful and well laid out for weddings. Rony went above and beyond to ensure our vendor team was all coordinated and that we stayed on track with preparations. She was on top of everything and was also very flexible! On the day-of our wedding Rony was attending her friend’s wedding, but Ann and Marcus were there to make sure everything went smoothly, they were both very friendly and knowledgeable. We highly recommend Oak Mountain Winery!

Oak Mountain Winery's reply:

Linda & Sara, it was our honor to be a part of your special day!! I am so sad that for the first time ever, I was unable to be there the day of a wedding but I knew Ann & Marcus would ensure that your day went as seamless as possible! We feel so lucky that you picked our venue to celebrate your wedding! Congratulations again!
  • Monica
    Monica Married on 07/27/2019

Beautiful, Unique and Private Wine Country Venue!

We recently hosted our daughter’s wedding ceremony and reception at Oak Mountain Winery and I must say it was the best experience! Our guests all raved about the beauty and charm of the venue! The wedding was held in their wine cave, such a unique and romantic location for a ceremony. And, the reception was held in their pavilion, with expansive views of the vineyards. Rony Walton, the events manager, was a dream to work with! She went above and beyond to make sure our daughter had her dream wedding. Even prior to the event, Rony made the planning easy and was always accommodating to my daughter’s requests and desires! The entire staff at Oak Mountain Winery was professional and friendly, making sure all our guests were taken care of. I would definitely recommend Oak Mountain Winery to anyone looking for a beautiful and private venue to host their wedding in the Temecula Wine Country.

Oak Mountain Winery's reply:

Monica, I honestly don't know where to start! You & Jim raised one heck of a girl and she & Mason are truly a perfect match! Every time we met Amanda's energy lit up the room, she definitely gets this from you! ;) I really enjoyed assisting you with planning their big day and I look forward to seeing you and Jim at Oak Mountain Winery soon! Cheers!- Rony Walton
    Chezney Married on 06/22/2019

Best wedding and event manager ever

THE BEST VENUE EVER! We had such an amazing experience that I don't even know where to begin with this review... Oak Mountain's wedding and event manager is Rony and we could not have even DREAMED of a better person to help us through this crazy process. We toured countless venues in Temecula and ultimately chose Oak Mountain because of this woman. Obviously, the views are unbeatable, and everyone loved the wine as well.

We had major problems with our marriage license after the wedding (our officiant spilled on it and crossed something out, then smudged it again when he was sent the new license to fix the error) and Rony helped with the entire process of getting this worked out. She also picked up our desserts on the day of the wedding, coordinated all our vendors in advance, and just went above and beyond what a typical wedding and event planner for a venue would do. We didn't hire a wedding planner, and this was a destination wedding for us, and Rony stepped up to the plate to help with absolutely everything from day 1 - not just the week of the wedding. She was always available and would get back to us immediately when we had questions - even if these questions were completely unrelated to the venue.

I could go on forever, but I'll wrap it up. Choose Oak Mountain as your venue if you want the BEST service and most beautiful views.

Oak Mountain Winery's reply:

If you were trying to make me tear up, Chezney, you nailed it!! My heart is filled with joy just thinking about you and Chad. From the moment we met, we all clicked! You were so easy going & easy to communicate with despite the distance- you made my job easy!! I had a blast with the entire bridal party, I just wish you all lived closer! Wishing you, Chad & the family a happy ever after! - Rony Walton
    Megan S. Married on 06/20/2019

Best Winery for a Wedding in Temecula!

Wow! There isn't enough time or space to write how wonderful my wedding was at Oak Mountain Winery. Rony, the on site coordinator, is truly amazing! Seriously, that can make all the difference in how your day goes!! She was such a pleasure to work with from beginning to end. From giving recommendations on vendors, to her organization skills, to smoothing over anything that went wrong so that my wife and I didn't even notice...we are so appreciative!
    The wine for the wedding was a great selection. All of our guests had something they loved. The food selections were delicious! All of our guests were generously fed and said they loved the dishes.
    The cave was incredible for the party. We were able to keep the party going past the noise ordinance! It was a major plus!

Also, as a lesbian couple, it was important to us that we got married somewhere that was LGTBQ friendly. They (Rony and her staff) made us feel so welcome!

If you are getting married in Temecula, make sure you check out Oak Mountain Winery. You will not be disappointed by the service that Rony and her wonderful staff offer!

Oak Mountain Winery's reply:

From all of us at Oak Mountain Winery, Thank you Megan & Anna! We feel so honored that you were open to giving our venue the opportunity to host our first same sex wedding!
    During our time planning your wedding I feel like I really got to know the both of you. I have to say my favorite part of your wedding were the speeches (and our chats about the Lactose pills!) Hearing your families tell your love story reminds why I do what I do. I am truly lucky to be able to help people in love commit their lives to each other. Next time you are in Temecula, please come by & say Hi! - Rony Walton
  • Chelsea
    Chelsea A. Married on 01/25/2019

Perfect Winery Wedding

We were married here in January 2019. We had exactly a year to plan and Rony, our coordinator was key to getting it all done in time. She is just as insanely organized as I am, was punctual to all of our meetings, and easy to talk to about our vision. She also recommended a DJ that was amazing. The venue is gorgeous so you don't really need much in the terms of decorations (big money saver). And the wine is fabulous! They have so many different kinds that every palate was smiling. At the end of the day we were exhausted, but had a very special, beautiful, love filled day all thanks to Oak Mountain and Rony.

Oak Mountain Winery's reply:

My binder buddy! Chelsea, you are an organization queen, you made my job easy! You and Steve were SO much fun to work with. Both of you have this laughter that is so infectious, I am literally smiling as I write this just thinking about it. Your wedding vision was beautiful and so authentic to both of you! Also I still tell people about your wedding jersey & cake topper! I hope you have a lifetime filled with happiness & Cheesecake! Warmest regards, Rony Walton
    Amanda Married on 12/30/2018

A Hidden Gem!

There are so many amazing things about Oak Mountain Winery, its hard to decide where to start. Then again, I know exactly where to start. Rony, the most amazing wedding coordinator out there. She is everything you could ever want and need in a coordinator. The whole planning process was seamless because of how organized and flexible she is. I always looked forward to our meetings with Rony and she did an impeccable job with communicating pricing and all the details. Did I mention she is the sweetest!?
    Oak Mountain Winery has some of the best views in Temecula! Im still in awe from our wedding pictures. The cave is such a unique spot that really seperates them from the other wineries. The venue was perfect for our intimate wedding and the staff was all 5 star! Their food and wine are to die for! Our wedding day was everything we dreamed of and more thanks to Oak Mountain Winery and Rony. I would highly recommend them for weddings, events, and/or a nice lunch/dinner with perfect sunset views. I could go on and on about how amazing Oak Mountain Winery is or you could see for yourself, I promise you wont be disappointed! Barrels of love for Oak Mountain Winery!

Oak Mountain Winery's reply:

This is so over due so I apologize. I will start with gushing about how much I adore you and Colby! Our meetings never felt like wedding planning to me they just seemed like a lunch date with friends. You both have such a fiery energy & passion for life - you make such a fantastic pair! I also can't get enough of your wedding pictures. Wishing you and Colby a forever of sunsets! - Rony Walton
    Katrina Married on 11/02/2018

Best Rehearsal Dinner

The husband and I are wine club members here and we knew right away that the cave would make an awesome rehearsal dinner venue. Rony made everything so simple and was so helpful throughout the process. Our guests loved the food and the wine (not one person opted for the beer!) We are so happy we chose Oak Mountain and we made many memories that will last a lifetime.
    Andrew D. Married on 10/12/2018

Amazing and Wonderful!

It was a wonderful experience. We had the best wedding coordinator. Rony went above an beyond the call of duty. We would need something and she will do it quick and in an instant. She made sure that me and my wife were comfortable and happy. Could not ask for more from her!
  • Christina
    Andrew D. Married on 10/12/2018

Amazing venue, wonderful staff and awesome wedding coordinator

I HIGHLY recommend giving Oak Mountain a chance. Not only is the view spectacular, the customer service is unmatched. We had another venue in Temecula fall through due to poor customer service and we were apprehensive to start the process again. The wedding coordinator, Rony Walton, surpassed all our expectations. I could not have asked for a better person to be apart of our day. Not only is she a spectacular coordinator, but she is an amazing individual. We received countless compliments on her work. She not only exceeded my expectations, she also impressed everyone at our wedding with her attitude and work ethic.
    Sarah Married on 09/22/2018

Very supportive and personalized experience

Rony made the planning process such a breeze! She was super efficient and flexible for meetings and made sure she had a clear vision of what we expected on the day of. The place settings were beautiful. She also already has some decorations available for your use (chargers, lanterns, tea light candles, alters...) I gave her the names and contact info for all of my vendors and she reached out to them to set up tours of the venue before hand if needed and also made sure they had everything they needed on the day of. The catering is also great! Multiple options to fit your budget and style. To this day when I come to visit Rony still remembers us and greets us. Gorgeous venue for a private wedding ( no other winery guests trying to crash the party), just add flowers and you are set!
  • Joyce
    Joyce Married on 06/30/2018

Breath taking and easy!

I had my wedding and reception at Oak Mountain. The venue was breath taking. Roni, my coordinator made sure everything went smoothly and the only thing I needed to worry about was looking good. She put up with my Bridezilla nerves and calmed them.
    Everyone that attended the wedding and reception expressed that it was not only the most elegant but the most warm and welcoming wedding they had ever been to. The service I received was top notch. This isn't my first rodeo, as I had been married before, and this by far was the best experience I ever had.
    At this venue everyone was incredibly helpful caring and made sure everything went off without a hitch. I even have guests that want their wedding to be held at this venue.
    I will forever be grateful that my wedding was as perfect as I had envisioned.
  • Summer
    Summer Married on 03/16/2018
    Oak Mountain hosted our bridal party for a wine tour and delicious dinner in the wine cave. The best part of the dinner was working with Rony on the planning. Wonderful person to work with and truly made our evening celebrating the bride a wonderful experience. I would highly recommend the wine cave for celebrations, wedding, and any event.
    Debbie Married on 06/10/2017
    Annette at Oak Mountain Winery was wonderful! She helped us create our dream wedding. She was very professional and helpful!
    Courtney Married on 03/12/2017
    Annette and the team was very attentive since our first meeting. She answered emails right away and worked around our schedule. The wine is amazing and my guests couldn't stop talking about how AMAZING the food was, even weeks after the event. Staff were friendly and knowledgeable about the wine and the venue. We gad a great night celebrating our engagement with our friends and family and most importantly, the winery.
    Christina Married on 06/18/2016
    I was a little nervous having my wedding an hour away from home, but after the wedding I knew it was the best decision. The winery was the perfect backdrop for our big day. Everyone loved the food, the wine, and the service. I could not be happier with how wonderful our wedding turned out. It has been a month since the wedding and people our still telling us it was the best wedding they had ever been to.
    Jill Married on 06/09/2016
    We had our son's wedding rehearsal dinner in The Cave for 40 people, it turned out absolutely beautiful, from Annette's attention to detail to the fabulous dinner from Vineyard Catering. You won't go wrong having your event here! We also hired a musician for background music (not included in the cost), this was an all round fabulous night. Thank you Annette and Oak Mountain Winery!!!!!!
    Jill Zandstra

Jessica Married on 05/12/2016
    Let me start by saying my wife and I had our wedding at Oak Mountain Winery.. and it was absolutely fantastic!

Finding a place wasn't easy but after meeting Annette (coordinator) and seeing the most beautiful wedding cave imaginable, we fell in love! My wife wanted a place that made her feel comfortable and left an impression on our guests. We can't thank Annette and the staff at Oak Mountain enough for the absolute perfect execution of our wedding. Finding a coordinator that understood how to navigate the wedding process was priceless.

In regard to the venue, our guests were left speechless! My wife and I have have traveled to several wine countries with caves and have never seen anything quite like Oak Mountain. It's truly a unique and beautiful place that can't be duplicated. They have some fantastic wines as well (the Caveman and Zin cannot be missed). Arguably the best champagne in the Valley as well.

We can't thank you all enough for the wonderful service and memorable experience!!

-t&j
    Lynette Married on 05/04/2016
    Make a list of what you want and Annette will also give you ideas, She was wonderful.. She made it very easy for us. There is no stress on you to make a perfect event.
    Sharon Married on 12/13/2015
    Easy, carefree planning at this event.
  • Summer
    Summer Married on 10/19/2019

Perfect venue

My husband and I got married here over the weekend and we were so happy with the venue. It was a nice unique way of having the winery feel without looking like the traditional winery! We got so many compliments on our location. The biggest win though is Rony the coordinator. She was absolutely fantastic. She made our planning a breeze . She handled everything with the vendors leading up to and on the day of the wedding . Thank you again for such a great and painless experience .

Oak Mountain Winery's reply:

Summer, once again it was my pleasure! You and Nick are so great together and your wedding vision was one for the record books! I admire your confident decision making, yet go with the flow attitude! I loved getting to work with you and your awesome vendors! Thank you for making my job such a delight! Congratulations again Mr & Mrs Santore!
    B Married on 04/14/2016
    Despite the majority of Temecula having scenic views, my fiancee and I were especially blown away by how beautiful the landscape was at Oak Mountain Winery. Since I wanted an outdoor wedding, this alone nearly had me at "hello". Having my dog as a part of the wedding was a definite make-or-break and, once I found out the owners were dog lovers, I was 100% sold.
    We met with Annette Nielsen (their contracted event coordinator) who showed us the location and pricing, while giving us several different options for each. She was knowledgeable about all things wedding related, which was incredibly helpful during crunch time narrowing down all of the final vendors and details. She was also a valuable go-between with the owners anytime I had questions about the location, and a vital resource on the wedding day itself with every detail of the setup and flow.
    We opted to have the ceremony on the outdoor patio in front of the cave tasting room and the reception area in the back Cave. The view from the patio was picturesque and made for a nice transition for my guests from the tasting room for the cocktail hour through the barrel room and into the Cave. We loved the uniqueness of the curved ceilings in the cave that made for truly gorgeous lighting and photos. And were in awe of the stunning cabinetry around the property and were more struck finding out that the owner did the majority of the woodwork himself.
    There were only a couple of things I would have changed or preferred if they were an option. There wasn't any kind of bridal suite (though it is our understanding there will be one eventually). The handful of pics getting dressed in the bathroom weren't super cute. The other thing I would've preferred was having the ceremony from their lower, cobblestone parking lot facing the most amazing views of the mountains. There's also a fantastic staircase leading to it that would've made for a grand entrance.
  • User2681889 2+ years ago
    I chose this location for my rehearsal dinner and I had more fun with Annette then my wedding venue! She was very accommodating and professional. I would highly recommend both Annette and Oak Mountain!
    Carlene Married on 09/08/2017
    nice evening in Cave room with reception following