NYC DJ'S Reviews

73 | Los Angeles, CA

73 Reviews for NYC DJ'S

• Victoria

Victoria Hamilton · Married on 09/21/2018

Amazing dj, completely rocked our wedding and would hire again in a heart beat

Holy crap, BEST...DJ.. EVER. I am very picky with transitions and songs and Danny hit every mark for us at our wedding. He was accommodating to not only our crazy requests but our guests. I will use him again just for parties, can't even find clubs who do the music this well. All my guests had a great time.

Sent on 10/17/2018

christy · Married on 04/28/2018

My husband & I were very grateful, pleased & happy we chose NYC DJ's as the DJ at our wedding @ La Venta. Danny was on-time, personable, professional and flexible....super easy to work with. He was very responsive to all of our requests. All my guests a a great time! I highly recommend NYC DJ's.

Sent on 06/07/2018

Lauren · Married on 01/19/2018

There are not enough words to describe how amazing our experience was with Danny and NYC DJ's Entertainment. His music for our wedding celebration was absolutely perfect. He not only left our guests along with ourselves wanting more, but he kept us on schedule. We highly recommend his company for any event. Danny is awesome, talented and incredible to work with. Thank you Danny for everything!!!! You gave us a night to always treasure.

Sent on 01/31/2018

Paul · Married on 10/14/2017

I cannot rave enough about how awesome Jason at NYC djs was at my wedding. He was professional, attentive, and a lot of fun. He was very accommodating and went out of his way to make sure every part of the wedding went without a hitch. Timing was impeccable and everything was perfect. He assured me that everything would go smoothly and indeed it did. I will always recommend Jason to any of my family and friends for their weddings.

Sent on 10/19/2017

Nicki · Married on 04/21/2017

Danny is an outstanding DJ. He's very thoughtful, thorough and genuinely cares about making your wedding the night of your dreams. He has everything covered, and checks twice so you don't have to worry about a thing. I would recommend NYC DJs in a heartbeat to anyone and everyone.

Sent on 05/14/2017

lauren · Married on 03/18/2017

Danny is the best!! He rocked our wedding. He was such a pleasure to work with from the moment we booked him. Danny met with us via Face Time to discuss when certain songs would be played, etc. He really made us feel at ease. Everything flowed nicely from ceremony to cocktail hour to reception. We loved his energy and our guests had SO much fun at our wedding. I highly recommend Danny and NYC DJ's!

Sent on 03/27/2017

NYC DJ'S's reply:

Yay Lauren! Thanks for the kind words! Your wedding was so much fun, and Mumford is the coolest dog :) Congrats again!

Kimmy · Married on 02/25/2017

Don't look anywhere else for a DJ, MC, Photo Booth, Up Lighting, Etc. These are the pros you want!! Danny and his team are Spectacular!! They really make the celebration come to life!! Could not recommend them more!!

Sent on 03/11/2017

jennifer · Married on 02/17/2017

very nice work!!!!! Keep it up!!!

Sent on 12/30/2016

lisa · Married on 11/06/2016

We could not have asked for a better DJ than Danny. We found him through reviews of our venue which has a tricky audio policy. Danny had DJ'd weddings there before so we trusted he would know how to mind the rules while still giving us what we wanted. Our number one priority was that our guests have fun and Danny made sure that happened. Beyond just playing the types of music we requested, he's a really great DJ - mixing songs and keeping the energy up. We met with him once and from that moment on, felt completely taken care of. We highly recommend Danny and NYC DJs.

Sent on 11/09/2016

Lonnie · Married on 10/29/2016

Danny/NYC DJs was fantastic to work with from start to finish. From our very first meeting we could tell that Danny had terrific instincts for how to DJ and Emcee a great party. He understood what we were looking for and delivered. We couldn’t have been any happier with him. As part of our RSVPs we gathered song requests from our guests, and he played every single song. Every one! He even played a Danish song that our guests from Denmark requested. He expertly understood how to arrange the playlist to keep people energized and dancing. The wedding was three weeks ago and guests are still telling me how much they loved the wedding – especially the music. People have specifically said that they enjoyed the acoustic covers he played before the ceremony started. I’d recommend Danny and NYC DJs to everyone I know.

Sent on 11/20/2016

Tatiana · Married on 10/15/2016

Danny was amazing!!! Since the first meeting, I knew I had to book him. He's professional, sweet, and very knowledgeable. He understood our love for music off the bat, even gave us some samples. He was very patient with me (I tend to change my mind alot) and was available to answer any questions I had. The form I filled out for my wedding was very easy and straight to the point. He even checked up on me throughout my wedding process. He definitely made my wedding a success. Even when things didn't go as planned, he was able to get things back on track smoothly and with a bit of flair. My guests thoroughly enjoyed him. He kept them on the dance floor all night. They still talk about him 'till this day. He will definitely be the first person I call for future events. He's like family to us now. You can't go wrong with NYC DJ. Danny made my wedding an event to remember.

Sent on 10/22/2016

Tyffany · Married on 09/07/2016

Danny Farrell, the owner of NYC DJs Inc, is the absolute nicest, coolest, and most awesome DJ. He showed up early to our wedding and provided music for our cocktail which was so kind of him to do!! He also ran through the wedding with us a few days before and gave us tips on how to best work the crowd and tailor the schedule for our reception. During the wedding, he was so chill and flexible with all of our crazy ideas and changes. He also played all of our favorite songs and added great mixes as well. The lighting he provided was an energetic touch for our reception and we were also able to rent a large screen and projector through him. He made our wedding flow flawlessly and he kept our guests dancing. We had a dry wedding (without alcohol) and all the other vendors were impressed saying they have never seen such great energy on the dance floor at a dry wedding. :) and its all to Danny's credit.

Thanks for a great night! Going in, our greatest fear was that people would not dance at the wedding, but that was certainly not the case and we all had a wonderful time!

Sent on 09/16/2016

NYC DJ'S's reply:

Thanks Tyffany! You and Christopher were such a pleasure to work with, and your friends and family were awesome too! Thanks for letting me be a part of it :)
  • User7211948 · 2+ years ago

Danny is the BEST DJ you could ever ask for. He makes sure he knows exactly what you are looking for and never disappoints!!! I've had the pleasure of working with him on over 50 events.. Mostly weddings, and he is always on point with what his clients want and expect. He is my number one go-to DJ! Meet with him one time and you will understand what I'm talking about!!!

Sent on 09/17/2016

sanaz · Married on 07/16/2016

Always responsive - always attentive - always answered calls and questions! Loved him...
    Sanaz and Rich

Sent on 07/19/2016

Meluz · Married on 07/03/2016

NYC DJs (Danny Farrel) was one of the highlights of our celebration at La Venta Inn. Working with Danny was so easy, and everything turned out perfectly. The crowd was on the dance floor all night, and our guests had such a blast with the photo booth. Danny played songs from the list I shared with him, and was on point with the first dance song that I meticulously requested. They provided us a scrapbook with all the photo strips taken along with messages from the guests - that was such a special touch. Thank you Danny and NYC DJs for such a fun night! We have so many photos and videos showing everyone having such a great time!

Sent on 08/18/2016

NYC DJ'S's reply:

Meluz! Thanks so much for the kind works...I really appreciate it. Your wedding was beautiful, and I was happy to be a part of it. Thank you for trusting me on your big day. Please say hello to John for me!

-Danny

Rachel · Married on 06/18/2016

We couldn't have asked for a better DJ experience for our wedding!!! We are super into music and a full, partying dance floor was very important to us. Danny not only made that happen - with tons of compliments from the guests about how great not only the music was, but the DJ's ability to read the crowd - but Danny also was such a pro with everything from set up, to gathering our preferred (very specific) music preferences, to handling the ceremony music and any and everything sound and DJ related. Perfection. Book him.

Sent on 07/06/2016

Traci · Married on 06/04/2016

Danny was absolutely incredible! He was able to read the crowd and use that to play the appropriate music. He also worked very well with my bridesmaid who sang a song during the reception. Days after the wedding we still have guests telling us how amazing our DJ was. This was a big decision for my husband and I because your DJ determines the overall flow and mood of the entire wedding. He kept the music and feeling upbeat at the right times but also knew when to slow things down. I couldn’t be happier with Danny! I highly recommend NYC DJ’s.

Sent on 06/07/2016

Danny was everything you want in a DJ! He was organized, helpful, listened to what we wanted and executed it perfectly! We received nothing but good feedback from all our guests. He made sure the night was seamless from start to finish. Without question we would recommend Danny and his company for your event!

Sent on 05/29/2016

Khari · Married on 03/06/2016

NYC DJ's was a pleasure to work with for our wedding! We worked with Danny and Oscar, who were both very friendly and professional. They handled both our ceremony and reception, and did an amazing job! Danny was super helpful with the planning and helping us decide on different options. Throughout the couple months leading up to our wedding, he would check in with us and see how everything was coming along and what options we might need.

We really appreciated how flexible and accommodating they were. We had a special requirement, needing a bilingual DJ who spoke English and Spanish to make both sides of our family feel welcome and incorporate both of our cultures. Oscar did an amazing job of incorporating both English and Spanish throughout the reception. The music and whole atmosphere was also fantastic! Our guests had a blast.

During our wedding reception, we had a number of special performances, including Mariachi, African Drummers, dancers, a singer, and a video (I know, sounds crazy.) NYC DJs worked with our performers to make sure everything went smoothly. They provided all the sound equipment, projector, etc and ensured that everything came together beautifully.

We highly recommend NYC DJs!
    - Khari & Gaby

Sent on 03/18/2016

NYC DJ'S's reply:

Hey Khari & Gaby! So glad everyone had fun. Thanks for letting us be a part of your special day...especially your beautiful ceremony, and Gaby's amazing entrance!

Selene · Married on 03/05/2016

When I started planning my wedding, specifically when I started thinking about the DJ...I immediately thought of Danny Farrell. I had seen Danny DJ a few other events in the past and knew that he would be perfect for my event. Along with being a great DJ, Danny has a great personality so I was confident he would be able to get the crowd moving and participating. We had an Armenian/Mexican wedding and definitely wanted to incorporate both types of music along with the standard. Danny handled this like a pro! The transitions were great, the mix was great...I got so many compliments about our DJ. Thank you Danny for contributing to our unforgettable day!

Sent on 03/21/2016

NYC DJ'S's reply:

Yay, Selene! It was fun, and you looked amazing! I'm so happy that I could be there to share your big day. Thanks for having me!

Carla · Married on 01/31/2016

My guests had so much fun at my wedding, and that is due in part to Danny's ability to read the room and play the right music. He is very responsive, has great ideas and suggestions, and plays what you ask for. He was also responsible for lighting in the room which created some much needed ambience. He accommodated our change in ceremony music and change of location with no problem.

At the end of the evening, when most of our guests had left, my groom and I were standing alone on the dance floor deciding what to do next, when Danny puts on "our song." I got to dance my with my new husband to our song on my wedding night. It created a moment for us that I will never forget. And THAT, my friends, is the kind of attention to detail you want from a DJ.

Sent on 02/03/2016

Sarah · Married on 01/30/2016

Danny was absolutely fantastic. My husband and I did't want the standard wedding music played at our wedding and Danny's extensive music library allowed us to play all of our favourite deep house tunes :). We definitely recommend Danny for your wedding or special event!! He's incredibly knowledgable and an all around nice guy. Thanks again, Danny!!! :)

Sent on 02/03/2016

Kaiden · Married on 01/20/2016

They were superb and they set up the mood. Everybody had a dance and they all enjoyed it. Our first dance also customized by them which was very cool and romantic.

Sent on 03/24/2017

Dorothy · Married on 11/15/2015

My husband & I probably spent the most time trying to find a DJ compared to the other services needed for our wedding. We knew that entertainment could make or break a party so we wanted to spend extra time to vet through everyone carefully.

We first met Danny at a food tasting at Brookside in Pasadena. He is one of the DJs that they work with frequently. He played a good variety of oldies & trendy/upbeat songs. I was dancing in my seat the whole time. We decided to consider him in our DJ search. Our paths crossed again a few weeks later as he was DJ-ing the Wedding Show Weekend event at Brookside. He kept the beats going there too & also played some games to keep the crowd entertained.

Together, we curated a package that fulfilled all our requirements & was within our budget. Danny was very easy to work with, quick to respond, & attentive to our needs.

I had a LOT of questions regarding logistics with set-up but Danny was very patient. He also made some good suggestions for our reception timeline to make it flow better.

We incorporated a 'Song Request' on our RSVPs so we compiled those songs & a few other favorites into a playlist. Danny played ALL of those songs & a few other picks of his own that were within the same genre. A few times, he jumped on the dance floor to do the 'Wobble' and the 'ChaCha Slide' dance with our guests (old & young). I highly recommend him as an emcee as well because he does a good job of getting the guests involved.

All of our guests raved about the DJ. He even got the seal of approval from one of my bridesmaids, who danced all night. That means a lot considering she's a dancer/dance instructor. We loved all of the vendors we chose and Danny worked very well with each and every one of them too. He is very personable, enthusiastic, & a fun personality

From one bride & satisfied customer to another, Danny gets the job done right & keeps your guests dancing. Consider him and his team for your wedding/event/party!

Sent on 01/08/2016

linda · Married on 11/14/2015

DJ DANNY FARRELL...what can I say, this guy was SO great, he deserves extra stars especially for dealing with me while I was wedding planning. NYC DJ's was actually the first wedding vendor that we had booked, even before our wedding venue. We saw his work and knew that he would be a great fit with us! He's natural, professional, funny, not at all a cheeseball and had great communication. He also helped me book some live classical musicians for our cocktail hour and provided us with a projector. I am a very particular person and made a long list of must play songs and the transitions of all the songs, the wedding formalities was just flawless. Everyone loved our music and DJ Danny. It was really easy communicating with Danny for the 10 months to the wedding day. The day of, was just better than I could have asked for...Danny would come to us in terms of timing and asking us when we wanted to do certain things...we had a timeline that he had helped us come up with during a meeting a couple weeks before the wedding and all was executed as planned. It was really nice that he kept us in the loop for things and was able to roll with anything...if we needed another 5-10 minutes at any time, he was able to keep the music going. The light work they did was also awesome as well. My husband wanted the dance floor to turn into a club scene and it definitely set the vibe for a night of dancing. The up lights helped enhance the ballroom and it was nice that he had the light colors change as we progressed through the night. So happy with our choice to have Danny as our DJ/MC. Can't wait to have you at our next party!

Sent on 11/20/2015