NuGen Media Reviews

NuGen Media 6
NuGen Media 7

Elvi · Married on 11/17/2018

Amazing team!

Absolutely the BEST!! Seriously LOVED working with them! All of my family and friends were blown away by how beautiful the pictures turned out. Nic and Amanda were our photographers and Aaron was our videographer. We were super happy with everything! Not only were they super friendly and down-to-earth, they were also very organized and kept everything running smoothly the day of our wedding!! Definitely hire them! You will not be disappointed!

Sent on 01/07/2019

Anna · Married on 10/20/2018

Nic and Amanda were recommended by Ben and Isadora at Rixey Manor, and they were one of the best recommendations I received. Nic and Amanda were in constant communication with me about what photos I wanted taken at my wedding day. They also had many great ideas of their own. Nic and Amanda arrived promptly on my wedding day and were ready to begin immediately. They made sure that I was at ease the entire time and had everything completely under control. They were constantly seen throughout the evening taking photos of everything that happened. They also helped to arrange golden hour photos at sunset. I cannot speak highly enough of Nic, Amanda, and their incredible work. They were crucial to making our special day a success.

Sent on 08/08/2018

Susan · Married on 10/06/2018

PHENOMENAL TEAM.
    I am still in awe over everything they did for my wedding 10/06/18. Nic helped me stay cool and calm and Aaron as well. Nic provides great direction and is a calming force, I was so anxious and they helped me to relax. I felt so comfortable, as did my husband. Amand did so much from coordination day of, to fixing issues that arose, to fixing my bustle, to helping pack the car , and with timeline help! She is sweet and so amazing to work with, SUPER RESPONSIVE and professional. She helped to tame the bridal party and keep things in order, they are a vendor you will be so grateful you booked. Worth EVERY PENNY and MORE. They are a beautiful couple and team , it shines in their work.
    If I could give more stars I WOULD!

Sent on 10/08/2018

Johnna Pleban · Married on 09/22/2018

I cry every time I watch my video

Your wedding goes by in such a blur that it's hard to remember all of the details...unless you get a video. NuGen media provided the most incredible video I've ever seen for our wedding. It encompassed every aspect that I took so much time to plan and every time I watch it, I cry all over again. It gives me the best memory of my wedding day. Thank you for providing one of the best memories I'll ever have and for giving me something that I cannot wait to show my kids one day. Not to mention, they were so easy to work with.

Sent on 11/05/2018

Adam · Married on 08/25/2018

I have nothing but amazing things to say about Nic and Amanda. They are a great team with a lot of experience and were helpful in not only creating amazing & memorable photos but also in creating a timeline that made the day run smoothly. I cannot stop looking at my photos and every time I find another favorite. The pictures speak to their talent, but on top of that they are professional, organized, friendly, and direct when they needed to be. I highly recommend their services.

Sent on 10/14/2018
    NuGen Media 8
    NuGen Media 9
    NuGen Media 10
    NuGen Media 11

Shelby · Married on 10/14/2017

I seriously can't say enough good things! Nic and Amanda were our absolute favorite and I think the breathtaking photos from our wedding speak for themselves! He was so easy to work with, helped make us feel comfortable and natural, and Amanda was so organized and on top of positioning I feel like we flew through the portraits but I got everything I wanted! They took countless candids that ended up being some of my all time favorites. Nic is such a talented photographer, his work is absolutely incredible. These are definitely photos we will cherish for a lifetime and I couldn't have gotten any better. Thank you so much for spending our special day with us and capturing all the love, beauty, nerves, and joy. It was a perfect day!

Sent on 11/07/2017
    NuGen Media 19
    NuGen Media 20
    NuGen Media 21

Nicole · Married on 10/14/2017

We weren’t sure whether we were going to hire a videographer for our wedding, but we sure are glad we did! We had Justin and Lauren the day of our wedding and they were great! Our highlight video is amazing and we’ve received so many compliments. I appreciate that they give you the raw footage also. Thank you!

Sent on 12/22/2017

G · Married on 10/06/2017

NuGen was the best vendor hire we made for our wedding! They met and then consistently exceeded our expectations. If we could give them more than 5/5, we would! They were extremely prompt in responding to every inquiry, and flexible when discussing our big day. They managed to get amazing videography shots while staying completely invisible, operating in the background the entire time.

Words can’t express the joy and gratitude we feel when watching the highlight video of our big day, all thanks to NuGen. We plan on using them for any videography and photography needs we may have in the future, and highly recommend them to our friends, family, and anyone searching for a professional and reliable company to capture your big day!

Sent on 11/01/2017

Cecelia · Married on 10/15/2016

Wow!! Just wow!! NuGen Media exceeded all of our expectations. We wanted a videographer so that we could look back on our special day and remember its awesomeness. I dealt with Nic, Brady, and Brittany. They were all extremely professional, beyond relaxed, and SO FUN! Because this is what Nic does, we left the music up to him, which was the best choice we could've made. We have watched our video so many times and have really enjoyed going through the 9 hours of clips from the wedding. They caught some very wonderful as well as hysterical moments. In addition, Nic and Brady took our sparkler photos at the end of the night (which they didn't have to do), and they were exquisite. All in all, this was a fantastic experience and we will always use them for our video/photo needs!

Sent on 12/13/2016
  • Rachel

Rachel · Married on 10/09/2016

Nic and his team were so great to work with. I was debating whether or not to get a videographer and I am so glad that I did! They were prompt and prepared when they showed up and jumped right in to filming. They were so good at making sure not to be in the way of things that I barely even noticed them for the entire evening! The best part was the speed of their service... I received my wedding video in less than 3 weeks! The video is amazing and I can't wait to share it with family and friends.

Sent on 10/26/2016

Alesha · Married on 08/20/2016

Brides! Look no further! Nic and his fiancé, soon to be wife, are the couple to video your wedding or life moments. I can't begin to describe how amazing my highlight film turned out and am beyond thrilled for the 30 minute feature we added. He is worth every penny. Nic shot and created a video that truly captured my husband and I perfectly. There was so much love that day and we will cherish this video for years to come! It really was the best day ever!

Sent on 08/30/2016

Andrea · Married on 06/25/2016

Nic was totally awesome. His wife, and staff were so helpful. Very friendly, efficient, and they took beautiful photos and video. We couldnt be happier. They made it very easy.

Sent on 08/15/2016

Lauren · Married on 06/18/2016

NuGen Media is phenomenal! My husband and I have gorgeous wedding photos, thanks to Nic Donovan. Working with Nic was truly a pleasure from start to finish. He is incredibly talented and extremely friendly. Both Nic and his second photographer beautifully captured each moment, and the essence of our love in their images. They paid special attention to details and somehow made each photo come to life. Everything was perfect!!

Sent on 07/18/2016

Kelly · Married on 06/18/2016

I cannot say enough wonderful things about Nic and his team at NuGen Media. He had lightening fast responses to my questions from the get-go and always was ridiculously prompt throughout the whole process. The day before the wedding, Nic called and had the courtesy to inform me of which of his team members (we were blessed with Justin and Lauren) he was sending out to film our wedding and associated details. He provided glowing reviews of their backgrounds and professionalism, which in itself is nice to know of an employer believe in his team members! Unless you're a supermodel or TV star, being recorded should be a naturally awkward thing so I feared our video would appear as though I was uncomfortable....BUT let me tell you- with Justin and Lauren there it was as though we were just adding 2 more folks to myself and my bridesmaids pre-wedding party. They fit right in and made everyone feel comfortable. They proceeded to be active and extremely attentive throughout the night, and the quality of our video shows that. We received our highlight video 3 days after the wedding! I have had SO many wonderful comments about how beautiful the video is and how it makes my guests that attended cry being able to relive every moment! The video is just awesome. My husband and I just received (a little over 2 weeks following the wedding) the highlight video and raw footage on a flashdrive. NuGen Media has an incredibly quick turn around time!!! I cannot thank Nic, Justin, Lauren, and the rest of the NuGen Media team involved for filming our wedding. Because of you all, my husband and one-day children will be able to relive the wonderful moments we shared on our wedding day. THANK YOU!!!

Sent on 07/07/2016

Megan · Married on 04/30/2016

Nic and Justin were so great! At first this was one item on our list we weren't sure we wanted to have as an expense on our big day, but let me tell you - I am so glad we did! NuGen Media turned over an amazing product in such a short period of time. I have friends who have been waiting 7+ months for their wedding video and we were lucky enough to have ours in a week. We are so happy we chose NuGen Media because they captured our day perfectly. Now we have the opportunity to look back at all the little moments we may have missed or want to replay over and over again. Thank you, thank you, thank you for the wonderful keepsake!

Sent on 05/28/2016

Morgan · Married on 04/16/2016

We absolutely loved dealing with Nic throughout the process (from initial contact through final product). He was incredibly professional (maybe a little crazy as evident from him climbing out on the window sill at the hotel to get the perfect shot), his work was amazing, he was very responsive (responded within minutes even though he was on vacation!), and incredibly accommodating/flexible. He got us our video less than a week after the wedding. My then fiance/now husband didnt want a videographer because he didnt want a bunch of people getting in the way of guests to shoot the wedding. After meeting Nic and Justin he was sold on hiring NuGen for videography and expanded our request from just shooting video to also include a photobooth. The photobooth was a great idea for our guest book and the guests absolutely loved it.

Sent on 04/24/2016

I can't say enough good things about Nic, Tim & team. They're super nice yet unobtrusive so you feel comfortable having them there and it's easy to just focus on your day. The video and pictures were delivered within a week of the wedding and they're STUNNING. I wanted pictures at the Jefferson Memorial; Nic said he had never done that but it sounded like fun. Even though I know that shooting portraits in front of a huge monument isn't easy, the pictures are beautiful. They really did an amazing job capturing the day. The groom's best man was so impressed he plans to hire him for his wedding next year. Don't hesitate to book them...I guarantee you won't find anyone better without paying 3 times more (and even then, I doubt they would do a better job).

Sent on 04/26/2016

Mark · Married on 04/01/2016

NuGen Media was amazing. Nic and Amanda were very professional, very helpful, and basically kept our wedding running on schedule by themselves. Our pictures were AMAZING!!!!! I honestly couldn't have expected anything close to what the finished product was. Everyone that has seen our pictures has said they should be or look like they came out of a magazine. The videography was also perfect, everything felt natural and during the ceremony and reception you wouldn't even have known they were there. Our experience was just perfect and we love reliving the moment every time we look back at the wonderful product NuGen Media gave us. A 10 out of 10 would be an understatement.

Mark and Julie

Sent on 04/11/2016

Glenda · Married on 02/28/2016

From start to finish, Nic Donovan of NuGen Media was always very prompt and courteous in his correspondence and responses to my inquiries. Mr. Donovan and his associate did a fantastic job photographing our recent wedding and reception ceremony! They each were very personable, creative, flexible, and accommodating. They went above and beyond the norm to capture the intimate and unique nuances of our special event. My husband and I are very pleased with the outstanding work of NuGen Media, and we highly recommend the company's photography services for any occasion.

Sent on 03/09/2016

Leroy · Married on 01/10/2016

NuGen Media is absolutely fantastic!! We have nothing but positive things to say about them, they made our wedding day an event to remember. We looked at a few videographers online and once we saw NuGen's work, we knew that we had to go with them! From the very first meeting, we felt as if we had known them for a lifetime. Very friendly and professional at the same time. Having the flexibility of having personnel with the groomsman and bridesmaids at separate locations to capture key moments in preparation to the wedding was great. Everything was basically candid moments, as they so seamlessly captured footage without us even knowing they were doing so. Also, the custom made photo booth was a HIT! They had great props and the print outs come out in a timely fashion. It was the talk of the day! If you're looking for a videographer team, look no further. You'll be greatly impressed with the video that captures your special day. Thank you NuGen Media!
    -Leroy and Sabrina White

Sent on 01/27/2016

I had seen Nic's work before, so I knew how good it would be. But I had no clue just how great they would be DURING the filming. They were unobtrusive and did their work without asking for a lot of certain shots or setups. They were so easy going and fun. Like having a best friend in the room. The quality of the video was above and beyond what we thought it would be. The video editing and flow really matched the feel of our wedding perfectly. On top of all of that, our video was done in an extremely timely manor and we were able to watch it on our honeymoon together. Two big thumbs up. Don't go with anyone else.

Sent on 01/05/2016

Gordon · Married on 09/12/2015

NuGen media went above & beyond what I contracted them to do. The wedding video they did for my daughter's wedding day was amazing - and the quality was second to none. I would recommend NuGen to anyone who wants to capture a big event on video or via photography.

Sent on 01/09/2016

Brooke · Married on 10/18/2014

Nic and Justin were absolutely superb! Ryan and I couldn't have asked for better videographers to capture our big day. They were helpful and attentive catching all the details we wanted. The video was exactly what we wanted and more. Their turn around with the video was so quick and we were able to share it with friends and family to recreate our day over and over. We highly recommend them to capture your big day!

Sent on 02/09/2016

Susan · Married on 07/02/2017

2.8
      2.5
      2.0
      3.5
      3.0
      3.5

We hired NuGen for a videography only package plus a 30 minute documentary edit. We wanted to love them...
    The GOOD: Price is reasonable and more affordable than what we researched elsewhere. We loved the highlight video and it was back to us in just over 2 weeks.
    The BAD: Communication deteriorated leading up to our wedding and was especially terrible when it counted--in the final days leading up and ever since. Our emails would go unanswered for weeks. Even figuring out WHO would be filming us day of was a mess. First, it was Justin and Lauren, then Nic and Brady, but day of, Justin and Brady showed up. NuGen never even asked to meet with us before the wedding. We rolled with it since we were planning this from out-of-town and by this point, we had no other choice. Day of, they were generally unobtrusive (blending in and taking cues from our photographers) and it seems like they caught most of the right moments. But there were also times that they made us downright uncomfortable as they looked visibly disengaged and disinterested during the reception. And unfortunately we have snapshots from our photographer that capture those exact expressions. We even had guests ask us who they were because they noticed as well. It was actually a relief when they said goodbye in the middle of our reception. Not exactly what anyone wants.
    Product itself: Highlight video was great. Turnaround was QUICK, albeit they advertise a 3-5 min product and ours is 3:06 including the titles and credits. Documentary edit was underwhelming. We should've known that as a documentary, there would be no editing of lighting and the audio might be garbled at points. But they also never asked for input on what should make the final cut. We had really special moments getting ready and some informal speeches that we would've loved to see in the documentary. So we've waited 10.5 weeks for the unedited, raw footage and we'll ultimately be putting together our own video from that.

Sent on 09/13/2017