Northfork Farm & Estate Reviews

11 | Oswego, IL

11 Reviews for Northfork Farm & Estate

Larissa Toigo · Married on 11/03/2018

So happy with our amazing wedding day!

Northfork was the first venue we looked at one week after we were engaged and we fell in love instantly. We knew this was the place we were getting married!

We booked the last wedding of their season on November 3rd and as the months started passing I got nervous about the weather. Each time I emailed Pete and Laurie, they would ease my mind. They were extremely responsive via email. We also went back to walk around the grounds with various venders before the wedding and Pete would always come out and make sure any questions were answered. I also rented their daughter Carly’s new salon space and she was just as friendly and responsive too. My favorite part about this venue is that it is owned by a family and it really feels like weddings are their passion, not just a business they run. I felt they went above and beyond to make sure my day went smoothly.

Peggy, their wedding planner, was also incredible. She met with me numerous times and also was happy to answer any questions along the way. She is a STEAL! Book her if you choose this venue! John, the bartender was also wonderful. I really can’t say enough great things about this place!

The professional photos shown below were done by Erika Mattingly Photography. Decorations and flowers were done by Mark Allen Inspired Interior Designer

Sent on 11/07/2018
  • Rachel

Rachel · Married on 10/13/2018

The most perfect day ever.

Northfork provided an absolutely amazing experience, and made our dream reception happen. Peggy understands everything you might envision, and makes it come to life, 10 times better than you could ever imagine! Our guests raved about the venue and everything it offered. We couldn’t have asked for a more perfect place to have our rustic reception!

Sent on 11/05/2018

Dan & Cris · Married on 07/28/2017

Northfork farm in oswego IL was the most memorable venues absolutely breathtaking views almost everywhere you looked.The staff and owners are top notch and trustworthy and true professionals in every aspect.Very nice and great to work with.Got married and had the reception there.Lots of room and beautiful horses for great background photos.If you want the greatest venue and we know you do contact Northfork farm.I promise you won't be disappointed.Also Peggy the wedding planner is the very best.

Sent on 07/29/2017

M · Married on 07/07/2017

Wow, wow, wow! We LOVED Northfork Farm and everything about it. Pete and Laurie are very nice and responsive. The cost was fair compared to other farms/nature preserves. The grounds were beautiful for our summer wedding. We were able to have the ceremony in the back yard under the arch, which was perfect. The pictures we took around the barns and vintage items around the property were amazing! The tent for the reception was great, and we were happy to pay extra for the air conditioning. With our Friday wedding, we were able to start setting up on Monday,... which really helped us out a lot. The wedding planner Peggy is a WONDERFUL resource, and you should definitely hire her. She will be the biggest help with any questions, with setting up, with cleaning up, and everything else.
    Overall, having our wedding at Northfork Farm was the best idea ever. I cannot recommend it enough... get married there!

Sent on 07/12/2017

Mackenzie · Married on 10/15/2016

Northfork Farm is such a beautiful place! We were so thankful to have stumbled across the farm! Pete and Laurie made us feel like a part of the family from the very beginning! They were so easy to work with and really care about their customers! We knew they would do anything we needed to make our wedding the best day of our lives! They also offer a coordinator, Peggy. Peggy is an amazing resource! She helped us every step of the way. She was always available for questions and made our whole day go smoothly. Her price is so low compared to the value she brings! To put it in perspective, my sister recently got married and she paid 3x what we paid for Peggy. And her coordinator was not nearly half as good as Peggy. Northfork allows you to use any of their wedding decorations they have. We used the wood slabs they had for our centerpieces and it definitely took some stress off of us during the planning process. The entire staff at Northfork was a joy to work with!

Sent on 10/31/2016

Tammy · Married on 07/23/2016

As the mother of the bride, I cannot say enough good things about Pete, Laurie and the entire staff at Northfork farm. Besides the grounds, tent, barn and view being absolutely breathtaking, Pete and Laurie open their hearts and home to everyone and that is what makes the experience with Northfork so amazing.

When we realized the day was going to 95+ degrees, Pete went above and beyond to help us find a vendor to air condition the tent. With the A/C and fans running the tent stayed cool and comfortable! People were able to enjoy the bar set up in the horse barn, play bags, tour the grounds, view the beautiful race horses and then grab a drink at the bar in the tent and cool back down. If you are concerned about rain, we had rain in the evening, infact it was a full blown thunderstorm and you wouldn't have even known it was raining outside if it wasn't for Pete checking for any rain seeping in under the sides of the tent. We continued dancing until 11 and by then the storm had passed, everyone left and arrived home safely.

Pete also has a wonderful list of vendors that they have personal and professional relationships with and I don't think you can go wrong with any of them! I would highly recommend Peggy as your day of coordinator and planner, I didn't worry about one thing and was able to watch my daughter and her new husband shine on their special day! Peggy put my mind at ease and handled everything!

This may sound like a "too good to be true" review, but I honestly have nothing negative to say about our experience with Northfork, we received so many compliments from our guests and my girl was able to have her dream wedding.

Thank you Northfork!

Tammy Dean

Sent on 08/09/2016

Stephanie · Married on 06/10/2016

This is an outdoor space, it's beautiful and Pete and Laurie and their staff are incredible! We used Uncle Bub's as our caterer here and all of our guests raved about how good the food was!

Sent on 06/27/2016
  • F

Fran · Married on 06/04/2016

Pete and Laurie are excellent to work with and flexible. They watched the weather radar closely and were willing to wait until the last minute to put out chairs for 200+ guests due to impending rain. They wanted the event to be outdoors as much as we did. This young business grew their services from the time of booking until our daughter's wedding so that they offered even more value for the cost by the time the event happened.

Sent on 07/20/2016

Barb · Married on 07/25/2015

Northfork Farm is country elegance with a plus. The plus being proprietors Pete and Lori! In 18 days they took our crisis and turned it into my daughters "dream wedding".
    They helped us find everything we needed so every detail was covered. The friendly and energetic staff were attentive to our every need and the icing on the cake is Northfork Farm itself! There are stunning photo-ops at every turn. Guest bathroom facilities were a little complicated, but easy to overcome. Definatly check this place out!

Barb D., New Lenox, Il

Sent on 09/05/2015

Stacy · Married on 06/04/2015

Amazing grounds. Laurie & Pete are so accommodating! Warm loving down home atmosphere from start to finish! We are so lucky to have found the North Fork! Could not have asked for a better venue or team to handle our special day. It was truly amazing down to every last detail!

Sent on 06/07/2015

Taylor · Married on 07/30/2016

Pete and family were wonderful! The Venue Was more than I could have imagined! They make sure you have the wedding you have always dreamed of!

Sent on 08/21/2016