North Photography & HD Videography Reviews

74 | Metairie, LA

74 Reviews for North Photography & HD Videography

Chelsea · Married on 03/07/2014

We had a last minute date change and they were more than willing to work with me around it . Ryan was very creative with our wedding day pictures as well as my bridal portraits. I was very pleased with all of their work.

Sent on 04/07/2014

My wedding was planned in about a month and Ryan was willing to work with the short time and even got my husband and I in for engagement photos. The day of the wedding Ryan and his wife were amazing and made sure I got all the pictures I needed and the ones I wanted like of my dog. Highly recommend North photograph to everyone.

Sent on 03/31/2014
  • User4009246 · event on 02/08/2014

North Photography did an awesome job on my engagement pictures!!!! I absolutely love the pictures!!! I really appreciated the quick turnaround and great customer service I received from Ryan North. He went out of his way to accomodate me and my fiancee with a short notice. We have received many compliments on our pictures. I have already and will continue to recommend North Photography.

Sent on 04/01/2014

Lisa · Married on 02/08/2014

Highly recommend using North Photography! From start to finish – they were always friendly, helpful, and professional.

On the day of the wedding, little things can become stressful and both Ryan and Lori were the calming, reassuring voices we needed. They make a great team, he taking the photos and Lori getting everyone ready for the next photo. Together they made the photo sessions go quick and smoothly leaving you time to have fun and enjoy the reception!

All of the Engagement and Wedding photos are gorgeous. The day goes by so quickly and it is nice to re-live the wedding day through the photos.

We also used the florist listed on the North Photography website. The flowers and bouquets were perfect! The wedding cake surrounded with rose petals and rose-flowered cake top look absolutely beautiful.

North Photography made the entire experience just perfect!

Kayla · Married on 01/25/2014

Ryan and Lori were absolutely wonderful. I couldn't have asked for a better team to photograph my wedding and bridals. They were accommodating and professional. The pictures came out beautifully!

Sent on 04/05/2014

Teli · Married on 11/30/2013

Ryan is a awesome photographer and I got my pictures back in no time! Definitely happy I chose him to capture such great memories of my wedding!!! HIGHLY RECOMMEND

Sent on 04/08/2014

Kristi · Married on 11/01/2013

I was extremely nervous about choosing a photographer for our engagement and wedding photos- you only get ONE chance to pick the right one. Those moments can never be repeated. I could not have chosen better. Ryan North is an AMAZING photographer!!! I do not consider myself photogenic at all, yet somehow we are left with the most BEAUTIFUL photo memories, and all of the credit goes to him! He put us super at-ease, and we felt comfortable in front of his lens, despite our initial trepidation. The way he captures the glow of the setting sun, or the sparkle in your eyes as you triumphantly march down the aisle in wedded bliss, the pictures he captured are so beautiful I cannot stop looking at them. The depth and colors and lush textures he captured are magnificent. I have looked at hundreds of other photographers, from Austin to New Orleans, and I do not have a single regret about North Photography. I would recommend them without hesitation. My only sadness is that I opted to go without videography. After seeing some of the beautiful videos he has created, I will never get that opportunity again, and I know in my heart he would have created a keepsake that we would cherish for the rest of our lives. No hype here. He is humble, down-to-Earth, and passionate about photography. He isn't a hobby photographer, like so many people who pick up a camera and suddenly think they are Herb Ritts or Ansel Adams. He is the genuine article- he LOVES what he does and it TOTALLY SHOWS. Two thumbs up. Five stars. I want to get married again so we can do more pictures.

Sent on 10/15/2014

I am so appreciate of North Customs Floral Designs for arranging gorgeous bouquets for me and my bridesmaids. They were able to work within my (tight) timeline and budget and were extremely accommodating in all of our interactions.

Sent on 12/31/2013

Step · Married on 08/10/2013

The North crew were a joy to work with. Ryan's wife helped me with more then my MOH did. Every little detail was taken. By far I had the best bridals out of anyone I know. Love, love.

Sent on 05/24/2014

J. · Married on 08/04/2013

Ryan and his wife photographed my wedding together as a team. Lori was more helpful then my wedding coordinator was when I was getting ready. She helped make sure my makeup was perfect and reminded me when I needed more. The pictures were amazing. So happy!

Sent on 05/14/2014
  • User4020022 · 2+ years ago

Ryan and his team were very professional. I was very pleased with my pictures and my wedding video. I have friends who will be getting married soon and I have recommended North Photography to all of them!

Di · Married on 05/11/2013

This wonderful duo was such a blessing to have!!! From our engagement shoot to our wedding day, they went above and beyond! Our pictures were amazing and very thoughtfully taken. High quality team!

Sent on 03/31/2014

Jenna · Married on 04/13/2013

Absolutely the best experience we could have had! I used them for my bridal portraits and engagement pictures. My husband and I actually had fun during both sessions. When it came time for the wedding they made that a breeze as well. We were comfortable, got all the shots we wanted and when it came time for the reception everything went smooth. North Photography is absolutely the best and only place that I will use for any of my Photograph and Video needs.

Sent on 04/19/2013

Kristi · event on 03/15/2013

As you may know, planning a wedding being held in another state can be an absolute nightmare. The opportunities to meet with and evaulate ANY vendors is limited, if you're lucky, and can be anxiety-inducing to say the least. I hired North Photography and HD Videography long-distance for our engagement session in New Orleans, and I am T-H-R-I-L-L-E-D that I did, because our engagement portraits came out BEAUTIFULLY! I am absolutely not comfortable in front of a camera, and bless him, my fiance is about as 'natural' as a cardboard cut-out. I was scared to death that our pictures would come out stiff and awkward.

The day of our session was attended by his wife, Lori, who acted as assistant-creative director-hair fluffer-and general detail attendant, and I have to tell you that my worries for for nothing. They are both so funny and kind, TRULY put us at ease, and had tons of suggestions for creative positioning and such (look, I have flaws!) to ensure that our pictures would come out as lovely as humanly possible. He knew exactly the right place and time to photograph us to take advantage of the light, and let me tell you that the way he captured the sun setting in our pictures left me kind of breathless. Choosing our save-the-date photograph was nearly impossible, because it meant narrowing it down to one picture, and SO many of them were so good!

I have hired Ryan North to photograph our wedding, being held in about 8 months, and I am SO EXCITED! Y'all have to understand: I hate having my picture taken. It's so hard to be vulnerable in front of a camera with someone you don't really know, but I have absolutely no doubt in his ability to capture our special wedding moments and cannot wait until the big day. Ryan (and Lori!), thank you for the most amazing pictures anyone has ever taken of me. I will cherish them forever and ever.

Sent on 03/29/2013

Ashley · Married on 12/29/2012

Ryan and Lori are wonderful to work with. Very easy to work with and made me feel comfortable to whole time. Pictures are phenomenal and the time it took to get my pictures was ridiculously fast. I literally had them within a week! Highly recommended. Great photographer!

Sent on 04/10/2013

Kintira · Married on 05/26/2018

The team arrived early and ready to work. They were classy professionals who were patient and knew what they were doing. I recommend North Photography to anyone who wants beautiful pics to capture their meaningful moments. Our engagement photos were absolutely beautiful.l, and we have no doubt that our wedding photos will be just as beautiful.

Sent on 06/09/2018

Sydnei · Married on 01/07/2017

I have always dreamed of the perfect wedding, and that’s exactly what my husband Jeff and I had. We had an amazing wedding day, but being able to relive it when we see our wedding pictures is quite amazing. Ryan captured our special day perfectly; I couldn’t have asked for a better photographer. We received our prints shortly after our wedding day and couldn’t wait to see our wedding album in the next few months. Overall, the quality of our wedding pictures was beyond what I expected. I couldn’t be more pleased by the end product of my wedding pictures and album!

Sent on 04/08/2017

Kayla · Married on 10/04/2014

Being an out-of-state bride, I had to take my chances choosing a photographer for our NOLA wedding... after hours and hours of researching I finally chose Ryan to do my portraits and my wedding! I cannot express how happy I am that I picked North Photography!! My portrait session pictures were GREAT (even though I only had about an hour session due to rain.. go figure). Ryan let me choose some of my own places in city park and used some ideas I had in mind. I didn't quite get everything I wanted, but the pictures really were great. However, the wedding photos were even better... If I could figure out how to post some on here myself I would. Ryan called me about 1.5 weeks before the wedding to go over ever detail and to make sure I had everything I wanted (I chose the longer hour options so I could get lots of pictures before the wedding). The day of the wedding, Ryan and Lori showed up ready to go!! They were very professional and helped get my wedding party in line --- we had 10 bridesmaids and 10 groomsmen so quite a big wedding party. I was very surprised that for a night wedding, the pictures were so clear and bright - its amazing what Ryan can do to enhance photos; I LOVE them! So to all you soon to be brides out there.... You cant go wrong choosing North Photography :)

Sent on 11/24/2014

Mesha · Married on 02/16/2014

Working with North Photography was a blast. The service, flexibility and willingness to accomodate my schedule and ideas was an incredible joy! The ease and friendly atmosphere makes this experience second to none and is a great help to not have to stress over this aspect of your wedding planning process!

Sent on 04/05/2014

Stacey · Married on 10/05/2013

Ryan and his crew rocked my whole wedding.. His mother made my flowers, and his brother did my video. Ryan and his wife helped me with everything. My bridals nighttime shots were awesome. I have never seen any other pics like'em. I'm glad my 2 friends recommend him. He did their weddings last year. Thanks!!!

Sent on 04/08/2014

Mecca · Married on 01/20/2013

Awesome! Loved my video and pix! Thanks you guys!

Sent on 05/14/2014

George · Married on 01/07/2017

Mr. North and his staff did a marvelous job on Sydnei's wedding. My daughter was overjoyed with their work and professionalism. The photo and video were as expected and delivered before the due date. I was overly impressed with their speed during the wedding and Mr. North's patience with my family members. Thank you sir for your great work.

Sent on 04/09/2017

We used North for our photography, videography, and floral arrangements. The photography and floral were exceptional quality and the video was good as well. Five stars for floral and photography but the video felt rushed together at times though it was good as a whole.

Sent on 10/13/2014

3.6
      3.0
      3.5

I had north photography do my bridals and wedding. I loved how the bridals turned out and the wedding pictures came out great too. My only complaint is that it has been 6 months since my wedding and we have still not received our wedding video or CD of our photographs.

Sent on 03/26/2016