North Island Photography Reviews

56 Reviews for North Island Photography

56 North Island Photography Reviews
  • Samantha

Samantha · Married on 10/21/2018

Amazing Photography and Company!

I went through every single photographer I could find until I came across North Island Photography. Their pictures blew me away and after meeting with them in person I knew we had to have them. We were lucky enough to have Stephanie and Nydia for our wedding day who are both incredibly kindhearted and beyond talented. Leading up to the big day I would manically send Stephanie e-mails with inspiration and she always responded quickly, taking notes along the way. I was blown away by her attention to dedication to make my dream photo's come true. I truly feel they captured our couple style and created these photogenic moments unique to us and our day. I was really impressed that they came prepared with the photo's I had been sending to her to make sure we captured every moment and more. The real beauty and gift for detail came while we were taking photo's. Stephanie perfectly directed each hand, turn and look to make sure every photo was flawless. When we received our stunning sneak peek photos, not even a week later, I was just blown away, I could have never pictured everything to look so perfect. I really appreciated the time they took to capture the details of my accessories, decor and the little things as a bride you don't have the time to really take in. You can never plan for how quickly a wedding day really flies by and having these beautiful pictures to look back at forever is exactly why I needed to have North Island on our very special day. North Island Team, Stephanie and Nydia thank you so much for everything!

North Island Photography 1
    North Island Photography 2
    North Island Photography 3
    North Island Photography 4

Danielle · Married on 03/23/2018

I can not give them enough credit in words. Stephanie was absolutely amazing the entire process. She answered all questions I had throughout wedding planning. I was able to pay the remainder of the cost, over the year, with smaller payments which was beneficial to my husband and I. Stephanie went over the timeline and photos that we wanted two times the week of wedding to make sure everything was correct and we were on the same page. We had a lot to get through (getting ready photos at grooms house, brides house, church, firehouse, Vanderbilt musuem, and then our venue) I got a sneak peak of 115 photos 5 days later and they are the best photos I’ve ever seen! The fast response was very exciting and professional. All photos are done within a month which is way faster than other photographers. Stephanie was on schedule the entire day and captured every photo I wanted that I sent to her prior to the wedding day (some photos I forgot I even asked for!) She only took us from the reception on two occasions to capture photos we requested that night, as we wanted to dance all night. The assistant photographer Nydia was great as well. She helped me with my dress and veil the entire day during pictures. She also captured candid shoots all night on the dance floor! I typically do not like being in fronton the camera and get nervous. Stephanie made me feel so comfortable and at ease the entire day! I have received so complaints on the photos she has taken and many previous brides wished they had used her as well! Worth every Penny!

North Island Photography 5
    North Island Photography 11
    North Island Photography 12
    North Island Photography 13

Beth · Married on 11/18/2017

Initially I was having a hard time choosing whether or not we wanted a videographer for our wedding, mainly because of the cost. However, I absolutely loved the quality of the photographs that North Island took for other weddings and I was absolutely blown away by the videos they put together. Ultimately, I knew that I would regret not having a video from the day of our wedding; so I caved and booked North Island for Videography services and I have not looked back. I spoke with Stephanie at the company and she helped me so much by going over pricing and what we would get for each package. Our videographers, Ray and Rich, were absolutely amazing, and really fun to work with. Not only were they professional and punctual, but they helped to keep my husband and I calm, especially when we had a little hiccup prior to the ceremony. They had some amazing ideas about what to put into our video, and were really understanding and patient because I am not the most natural when photos and videos are being taken of me. Ray and Rich also were super creative and asked our opinions on some of their ideas. We got to preview a few of their shots of the video and I am so excited to see the final results in a few weeks. If you are looking for an amazing videography team, look no further. North Island Photography and Films is who you want to book!

Patrice · Married on 10/27/2017

Back on October 27, 2017, my wife and I were married in Great Neck Long Island. There was no doubt we were going to use North Island Photography to capture our day, especially after our beautiful engagement shoot done with a close friend of ours Stephanie Scapellati who is an essential part of their team. Even though Stephanie would be a guest at our wedding, we were confident in the remaining crew at North Island to not only do our photography but our videography as well. As we were two brides getting ready at the same hotel the morning of the wedding (along with our bridal parties), North Island made sure we each received equal attention for both our photo and video opportunities.
    We each had one photographer and one videographer with us the entire time. I was blessed to have had Nydia and Rich (as well as Stephanie directing some early shooting) by my side and my wife was lucky enough to be graced by Kelli and Ray for the morning. These superheroes were not only a blast to be with for the entire day but they allowed us to bounce ideas off of one another for some really fun and unique shots! The crew was with us from the hotel, to the venue, through the ceremony and straight into the reception party. There was never any doubt in either of our minds that day that we were going to be let down by anything that they did.
    About a week or so later, we were proven right as our sneak peek photos were edited and uploaded to social media where the compliments kept pouring in (and still do!). Additionally, a few weeks ago we were able to pick up our prints. We have no idea how we are going to decide on what ones get to make the “cut” for our wedding album! This is only the pictures so far….we are beyond anticipating the “wow” factor when the images come to life when our video is completed! Overall, North Island was a pleasure to work with and we recommend them 110% to anyone looking for an admired, skilled, and enjoyable photography company.

Keren · Married on 10/14/2017

if there is one thing i know for sure, picking north island for my photography was the best decision i made. Starting from our first session with Stephanie, to our jaw dropping engagement session. I knew when it came to the wedding day they would come through! It was very easy to communicate with stephanie throughout the entire process. She heard my concerns and request and followed through. If you do not know who to choose for photo, choose north island. you will NOT be let down!

Kristina · Married on 07/17/2016

So far all I had was my engagement shoot. My jaw continues to drop at how beautiful the photos came out. I expected the best with North Island but they far exceeded my expectations. As a matter fact they blew them out the water. Stephanie is the most talented photographer I've ever seen and I am a bride on a mission to get the best of the best. So I have done my fair share of research and I guarantee she is the best out there. Her imagination and creativity is truly one of a kind Never mind the fact she is a total sweetheart and puts you at ease within minutes of the shoot. Going into the shoot I was a nervous wreck! Knots in my stomach! It literally went away within minutes. And that truly showed in my photos. Stephanie made my fiancé and I feel so comfortable in front of the camera and we were in a crowded area!! . But just seeing all the photos North Island posts I've never seen a bad one. You guys are incredible and I truly cannot wait for my wedding. I can't believe how amazing just the engagement shoot photos were. Thank you so much!!!

Amanda · Married on 07/16/2016

North Island did an amazing job on the photography from my engagement shoot all the way up to my wedding!!! Great team of artists with a amazing eyes for beautiful pictures !!! Highly recommend.

Megan · Married on 06/25/2016

My husband and I used North Island Photography for our wedding at the Old Field Club on 6/25/16. They are really really amazing! Stephanie was our photographer through the whole package which included engagement photos. We had a great time taking our photos and our friends and family can't stop talking about how great they are! On our wedding day Stephanie was patient with our large wedding party and really captured the day perfectly. Carol was our second photographer and was also great. We can't say enough good things about North Island and Stephanie! They were amazing through the whole process and our pictures are awesome! Also the turn around for the pictures is so fast. They posted pictures on Facebook the Wednesday after our wedding! Loved North Island and will definitely use them again for future events.

My husband and I decided to use North Island after seeing their amazing work. We could not be happier they were part of our special day and our photos came out absolutely beautiful. We had no doubt about their work after we saw our engagement pictures. Everyone is so kind and professional, Stephanie made everything so easy for me, as a bride you don't need extra stress added while planning a wedding and Stephanie made sure everything was taken care of for us. Richard created the most beautiful save the dates and thank you cards, he was very patient and revised our thank yous about 3 times. Kelli and Cecelia shot our wedding and I cannot thank them enough for such beautiful photos that we will cherish forever. We have received countless compliments on our wedding photos, they look like they came out of a magazine. We cannot wait to see the rest of our albums. Michael has such a great team of artists and we are looking forward to using them in the future.

Danielle · Married on 03/12/2016

North Island came to us via recommendation from our venue, Flowerfields. As soon as I started looking at their photos, I immediately liked their style and wanted to meet with them. The North Island "office" looks like a little village that you just want to move into, it's decorated to die for and immediately makes you feel like you are in a really cozy home. We met with Stephanie who was super warm and friendly and decided to book. From there on out, any questions I had, Stephanie was there along the way. The day of the wedding, the whole North Island team was so professional, patient and awesome to work with. I was nervous about not feeling overly comfortable in front of the camera before-hand but that day, they really made me feel comfortable and I think that came through in the photos. Our pictures are truly beautiful, everyone cannot stop talking about how great they came out. I'm blown away by how gorgeous they are! I'm so happy with our choice to use North Island and cannot recommend them highly enough!

Lindsay · Married on 01/23/2016

Without North Island Photography's Michael, Stephanie, Richard, and Ryan, we would not have had a wedding. Their professionalism, dedication, laughter, and quick thinking saved our wedding after our original venue and DJ cancelled at 8:30am the morning, day of. Not many people have weddings on days that are labeled as a “State of Emergency”, like the day that Blizzard Jonas hit Long Island, but we were a particularly lucky couple... and an even luckier couple to have North Island Photography be our wedding photographer and videographer. When all else seemed to crumble around us, North Island swooped in and turned what might have been a sad, wedding-less day into the most memorable, beautiful, and extraordinary day that we never had imagined. They turned the blizzard into a winter wonderland, capturing once in a life time pictures of us and our family and friends, enjoying this unique occasion. We are so indebted to them for going above and beyond to make our day special. We want to say thank you and have that thank you is filled with every ounce of gratefulness and love we have in our hearts. This is a beautiful and professional company and we could not recommend them more.

Dean · Married on 11/07/2015

Stephanie and Richard were amazing during our day. So easy to work with and willing to work with all of our requests. Extremely timely with photos. We got a sneak peak within 4 days of the wedding and now have our proofs less than 3 weeks after our event. And they all came out amazing.

Danielle · Married on 09/25/2015

North Island was recommended to me by one of my best friends who is in the wedding circuit on Long Island. She was always impressed with their work and after seeing our photos from the engagement shoot and then the wedding I could not agree more! North Island is phenomenal - truly professional every step of the way - timely, respectful, reasonably priced, and worth every penny. Wedding photography is one of the only ways to capture every possible moment of the most memorable day of your life. This is where you invest and we are so glad we did. To have these memories captured so beautifully is a dream come true and we will be forever grateful for the way in which North Island has presented us with a way to live the FEELINGS of that day over and over again for the rest of our lives. Pick them, just pick them!

We found North Island Photography & Film through our research online, and boy are we SO happy with the work they did!! There is no one better! Michael, Cici, and Stephanie were absolutely FANTASTIC! They helped us capture every detail, to ensure we'll have memories to last a lifetime! The images they took cover every detail... the engagement, wedding day preparations, our HUGE family, smiling guests, the food displays, the dancing, the band and my husband and I.... the pictures came out truly beautiful!! We can't wait to build our albums! The team has been so professional and accommodating! We couldn't have asked for anything better!! To Michael and the North Island team, thank you so very much!! We would recommend you to anyone and will likely use you again in the future !!

I LOVED MY EXPERIENCE WITH NORTH OSLAND PHOTOGRAPHY. You get personalized and friendly customer service. They truly care so much that you enjoy your photos. I had Kelli has my photographer and she was INCREDIBLE. So many people have approached me to tell me how much they enjoyed our wedding photos. And best part, they're very reasonably priced. I couldn't be happier with them!! Thanks so much guys!!!! Xo

I can not say enough good things about North Island Photography! Stephanie and Marie were wonderful to work with. Stephanie was helpful throughout the whole process. And omg the photos. They came out so beautiful! I would HIGHLY recommend North Island Photography to anyone. And the turn around time for the photos were amazingly fast.

Victoria · Married on 06/12/2015

From start to finish (and we're not even there yet!) our experience has been nothing but incredible. To say that we are very happy with North Island's work doesn't even begin to express the amount of joy or happiness we truly feel. Getting our proofs the other day only affirmed that we made the right choice by going with them as our photographer. Being lucky enough to have an early preview of our video with the "at a glance" teaser only has us all on the edge of our seats waiting for and wanting to see more. If you want a truly one of a kind and unique wedding photographer/videographer, North Island is who you need! Thank you so much for the amazingly gorgeous photos, Stephanie! Looking forward to working with you again in the future!!

• W

Wilmina · Married on 05/30/2015

Michael and his team was the perfect fit from the day we first met, our engagement photoshoot to the wedding shoot. Their attention to detail is unreal and their vision unremarkable. I had a great time with the team. They made us feel stress-free and assured us of their ability after our engagement shoot. Our wedding photos were even more amazing and I am looking forward to the video we had done as well! I look forward to maybe baby photos in the future!

Brittany · Married on 05/24/2015

Kelli and Ryan were so amazing, and made my husband and me SO comfortable on our wedding day. They captured every special moment beautifully. They were so professional and friendly. We felt like they got so many amazing shots, while at the same time we were still able to enjoy our day without spending the whole night posing for photos. We cannot say enough posit things about this company. We love our photos, and plan on using them for family portraits in the future =)

Alison · Married on 05/02/2015

Stephanie was amazing! She was patient, artistic, easygoing, listened to our style and vision, and executed perfectly. Our pictures are stunning and our thank you cards are beautiful- better than we imagined they would be. We live in California and communicated mostly through email and phone and it was seamless.

Alyssa · Married on 04/18/2015

I highly recommend North Island Photography. I had 12 bridesmaids, 9 groomsmen and a large family, and they were very patient and friendly. The pictures came out great- I had a vintage theme and the pictures definitely carried that out. They were early, and took many, many pictures!

JENNA · Married on 03/07/2015

I chose North Island because they recently worked at my best friends wedding and her pictures came out phenomenal. For my wedding, North Island did an exceptional job! I lost track of how many people at my wedding raved about how excellent their work was. If you are looking for truly professional work that's fun and creative, the team at North Island is the way to go.

nadia · Married on 11/28/2014

Cannot say enough good things about North Island Photography, Stephanie, Cecelia, Rodrigo and the entire team!!! They are amazing artists, make the day carefree and easy, yet produce unbelievable images. Not only are they THE ABSOLUTE BEST but they are sooooo fast with the teasers, I got married on Friday and Monday morning 105 pictures were on facebook for me and all my guests to see and enjoy. I wish I could do it every weekend just to work with them, they are a bit pricey but worth every penny! love love love this vendor!!!

Denise · Married on 11/15/2014

Everyone at North Island is a true artist. Over almost a year of planning my daughter’s wedding, I had the opportunity to meet or just chat with most of the team. All are professionals. No matter how busy they were they always took the time to make me feel like my call was the most important. N.I. did both my daughter’s engagement and wedding photos. Stunning, creative, amazing describes their work pretty well. My daughter, son in law and entire bridal party said the shoot was amazing and the photographers were fun to work with. A worthwhile investment for sure. I highly recommend. Can’t wait to use again.

Meghan · Married on 10/10/2014

Amazing! Fantastic! Wonderful! Beautiful! The team at North Island are true artists!! I loved having them for both our engagement and wedding photos! Worth every penny to not have to worry about getting perfect photos!