51 Reviews for Norman Yu Photography

User Photos
todo alt text

Norman is an awesome wedding photographer. He photographed both our engagement session and wedding day. He is passionate about his work and it shows throughout all of his photos. He has a very creative touch and takes time to create the perfect shot before shooting. He worked diligently on our wedding day, took note closely of each moment and detail of the wedding. His photographs tells a story and is extraordinary in its own way for each couple that he shoots. Norman is a super fun individual who loves weddings and truly has a talent for photography. We loved the creative art shots so much. Thank you Norman + team for being apart of our special day!

Profile Picture Dao, 1/21/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Photography

We felt very privileged to work with such an accomplished photographer for our engagement pictures and our wedding. From the beginning, Norman was personal, interested in our lives, and explained every step that we would be taking together. You begin to realize how Norman is a master of his craft just by the patience and care he takes with each shot, and his concern for us as a couple. On our wedding day, despite falling ill, he arrived to personally complete our wedding portraits, and built a very talented team to make sure all of our needs were covered. Our resulting wedding album reflected his careful vision. It did take some additional time to track down particular shots we had done for the wedding, but we understand the amount of attention to quality and detail paid to each portrait. We deeply thank Norman and his team for providing us truly great pieces of art from our wedding moments.

Kristina and Taylor

Profile Picture Kristina, 1/14/17, 11 Reviews
Category: Photography

Norman was an obvious choice for us based on his style of photography and his personality. Unlike most photographers in the area, which seemed cheesy or fake, Norman and his team were very artistic and talented in capturing real moments and not forcing awkward, unnatural poses. I never had a concern during the engagement shoot or the wedding day that he would be able to capture beautiful shots of our day. His team was great getting everyone together, even though we forgot our portrait list, and keeping the flower girl smiling in spite of not having a nap. They were professional, considerate, and even stayed slightly past our end time to capture our departure, which we weren’t expecting. We had a guest book sign in paired with a Polaroid camera, which Norman and his team signed and added their perspective from the day and congratulating us, which was again sweet and unexpected. They were a great team to work with and made us enjoyed our day and be able to relive it in such intense vividness. Thank you!

Profile Picture Lauren, 1/16/16, 9 Reviews
Category: Photography

My fiance` and I are using Norman as our photographer for our wedding later this year. I first met him at a bridal show and absolutely fell in love with his pictures! He was absolutely the top of my list for wedding photographers. When we met with him he was so easy going yet professional, and I knew he would make our special day a lot of fun and capture great memories for us! We couldn't be more excited!! :)

Profile Picture Erin, 12/12/15, 2 Reviews
Category: Photography

At the outset of our planning process, my wife and I were quite nervous about having to select a photographer. Aside from a single photography class back in college, we knew next to nothing about what to look for in a candidate. Our collective anxiety was further increased by all the horror stories we heard about couples getting shafted by unqualified or inexperienced "photographers." All that was put to rest after meeting Norman and his team the very first evening. Our experience working with him was better than anything we could have hoped for. His positive, calm, and cool demeanor was the perfect remedy to ease our nervousness. If you're like me and you feel awkward having to pose for a camera then Norman is your guy. He gives great direction and he'll make sure you look your best at all times. My wife and I were also very impressed by his creativity, unique photography, and professionalism. Thank you Norman for being a part of our wedding experience! We absolutely loved our engagement pictures and know the wedding pictures will be fabulous. We will find more reasons to shoot with you in the future, we're sure. If you're looking for a badass photographer that you can count on to get the job done right then look no further than Norman Yu Photography!

Profile Picture Leonardo, 8/14/15, 1 Review
2.5

Not entirely impressed. Our wedding pictures were washed out and not a lot of editing was done like the website shows. His assistant was our photographer and she was very helpful and professional but the pictures just don't seem like the quality that appear on the website.

Profile Picture User5539924, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Norman and his crew was awesome. My husband and I do not like taking picture and to have more than one photographer there was making us nervous. We did not notice he was there the whole time. When we receive our picture we was speechless. He capture everything. i highly recommend Norman to any bride that are look for a photographer.

Profile Picture Hien, 3/8/15, 2 Reviews
Category: Photography

Norman and his staff were my photographers for our wedding. We were both pleased and also very impressed how everything turned out. I give them an A++ and ten out of ten. He made our day perfect. Norman, Walter and David showed much professionalism.

Profile Picture Kim, 12/20/14, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Norman is the definition of creative wedding photography. Before I even met him, I knew I loved his work and wanted that for my wedding day. Then when I met him and found out he is an AMAZING person... Perfect!

He first did our engagement photos which came out so amazing! We used them for save the dates, invites, postcards, calendars... you name it. Norman makes it as though you are a piece of art and you wouldn't even know it by how relaxed he makes you feel on the day of!

Speaking of which, my husband is SUPER shy/awkward when it comes to being in front of a camera. Norman's style just lets us be normal and ourselves. He does all the work to frame us into art. It is truly amazing.

Thank you Norman!!!

Profile Picture Raquel, 11/22/14, 8 Reviews
Category: Photography

I loved everything about Norman's photography and photos from our wedding in November. When I first saw Norman's style at a wedding expo, I fell in love with the style of his photography. And it was just that type that I saw in all my pictures from my wedding. They were perfect and he was very easy to work with.

Profile Picture Kristin, 11/14/14, 2 Reviews
Category: Photography

All communications (phone, email, in-person) with Norman before the actual wedding day went very smoothly. He was quick to respond, was open to incorporating our ideas, and helped address any concerns we had.

On the actual day of the wedding, Norman and Wally were both really easy to work with and added a calming energy to the day. We are a slightly camera shy couple, so during the bride/groom photo shoot, we appreciated the way Norman coached us to get to a comfortable place were we could just be ourselves.

Overall, the pictures were great. Where they really shine is in capturing the emotion in the non-posed moments. We are happy with our experience and are thankful to have been able to work with Norman and Wally.

Profile Picture Maggie, 10/24/14, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Norman did a great job with our engagement and wedding day photos! He's very artistic and it shows in our photos. The quality is great, I was able to print a two big canvases from the files that he provided. I would recommend him to my friends.

Profile Picture Diem, 10/11/14, 1 Review
Category: Photography

We used Norman for our engagement photos and our wedding photos; after just receiving our wedding photos, we are in love with them! Norman made our wedding day experience so much better. He did a great job of keeping us calm and capturing all the photos we wanted without even being noticed. All of our guests loved him and his assistant. Our images have the right amount of creative techniques and traditional wedding photo components. My husband's aunt said our photos were the best she has ever seen and we have been getting countless compliments. Thank you Norman for making our wedding so spectacular and something we will always remember!!!

Profile Picture Caitlyn, 10/4/14, 6 Reviews
Category: Photography

Norman was great to work with. We love our photos!

Profile Picture Tina, 8/9/14, 5 Reviews
4.7

Norman and his team were awesome to work with. They did work beyond photography, from finding members of our family to pinning corsages to the groomsmen, we were really impressed. His staff was really courteous, professional, friendly, and fun. They made a stressful day less so--and they were barely noticeable throughout the night and captured little details I didn't even notice.

Thank you for your great work.

Profile Picture User4184136, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Norman and his staff was amazing on my wedding day. He also did my engagement shoot and the photography came out amazing. Norman is a genius behind the camera. I was so happy he shot our wedding day. I would 100% recommend him to others. His work speaks for itself.

Profile Picture amanda, 3/23/14, 5 Reviews
Category: Photography

Surpassed our expectations for excellence; Norman and his team gave us more than just photos. Norman captured all the personalized detail and sentimental items without skipping a beat.

Through all the chaos and delays surrounding our BIG-day, Norman demonstrated proactive energy. Norman was rarely in a staged position. Norman captured great pieces of every moment to add to our photo puzzle. We hardly saw him but our photos were handsomely captured moment by moment and showed plenty of movement and life. The best thing is we never had to stop and pose for the camera.
The photos also showed great visual perspectives; i.e. (he took pictures of my good side, lol). When we saw our photos they were very candid, the angles were creative, and the colorful perspectives were a constant.
Norman has a pleasant/passionate personality and all business was professionally executed. My 1st impression of Norman was that he was very personable and immediately catered to my vision.
Norman is very professional, creative and passionate when doing business; but even in meetings it felt like having coffee and talk with a friend. When seen in action; his professionalism, creativity and passion shined through his effortless work with the camera.
We have only seen about 25% of the photos as of yet but even with just a sample I found myself eager to write this rave review. I frequently browse the few photos that we have, showed them off and I am anxiously anticipating the final proofs. We will hopefully be back to Norman Yu soon for maternity photos .
**This has been posted by a very selective, demanding, over-achieving researcher and self-proclaimed critic who wright’s reviews ONLY when/if completely unsatisfied or in this case, completely Satisfied.

There are not enough superlatives to describe the final product, service and our level of satisfaction…
Thanks Norman

Profile Picture Francesca, 2/22/14, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Through all the chaos and delays surrounding our BIG-day, Norman demonstrated proactive energy. Norman was rarely in a staged position. Norman captured great pieces of every moment to add to our photo puzzle. We hardly saw him but our photos were handsomely captured moment by moment and showed plenty of movement and life. We never had to stop and pose for the camera which was a plus.

We have only seen about 25% of the photos as of yet but even with just a sample I found myself eager to write this rave review. I frequently browse the few photos that we have, showed them off and I am anxiously anticipating the final proofs. We will hopefully be back to Norman Yu soon for maternity photos :-).

Thanks Norman

Profile Picture Francesca, 2/22/14, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Norman was amazing from day one. He made our engagement session so much fun and he got awesome pictures of us with our dog. He was extremely helpful with any questions I had in the days leading up to our wedding. The day of our wedding he was on time. His team was awesome and extremely helpful!!! I am so happy with my pictures and I would absolutely recommend him to anyone. He was professional and worth every penny and more!

Profile Picture Melissa, 2/16/14, 2 Reviews
Category: Photography

Normon was awesome! The photos came out beautiful ... artsy, classic and unique.... Also, we felt that we got a great deal! He is super fun and talented, and worked with us when any problems arose. Can't go wrong choosing Normon Yu Photography.

Profile Picture emily, 2/9/14, 2 Reviews
Category: Photography

I am so happy to have chosen Norman as our Wedding photographer!!!! When I saw the images on his website and read his introduction I thought he seemed like a perfect fit and I was right!!! Norman is friendly, professional, funny, efficient, flexible, and easy to communicate with whether in person or via email. We haven't seen all the photos yet, but the ones we have seen are AMAZING and our family and friends agree!!! We couldn't recommend Norman Yu any more highly!!!

Profile Picture Sarah, 1/24/14, 5 Reviews
Category: Photography

Norman is a great listener and understood the vision of how we wanted our wedding to look and feel; the photos turned out great and really captured our personalities. Norman and his team was also a pleasure to deal with on the day of the wedding, really took control to make sure the event was well covered. If you're looking for a professional photographer that listen and is creative, Norman is your man.

Profile Picture Tuan, 11/30/13, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Norman met with us two times before the wedding and he was very kind and professional. His work is unique and beautiful. He has a very artistic flare in his work which makes his photos just fabulous. We are delighted with the images that we have seen so far. We can't wait to see them all!

Profile Picture Kelly, 11/23/13, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Norman and his team were very attentive, professional, and flexible with us. He was able to capture all of the perfect moments of our wedding day. Our pictures came out perfect and were delivered in a timely manner and with great quality. Thank you Norman!
Michael and Claudia

Profile Picture MICHAEL, 10/19/13, 2 Reviews
Category: Photography

We found Norman at a local bridal show in Orlando and instantly fell in love with his work. Most of our wedding planning was from out of state and Norman and his team were wonderful to work with! They were very helpful throughout the planning process and made everything go smoothly. He not only made himself available through email and text but we had many phone conservations throughout the process. His staff was very professional at our wedding and all of our guest raved about how much fun he was! He is a very creative photographer and we would recommend him to anyone.

Profile Picture Ashley, 6/22/13, 1 Review