Norman Photography & Paperie Reviews

Norman Photography & Paperie 6
Norman Photography & Paperie 7
  • R Hirmer

R Hirmer · Getting married on 03/10/2020

Krysta is the key to a beautiful, stress-free photography experience!!

Krysta was our wedding photographer for our Oct. 27, 2018 wedding and we also did an engagement shoot with her as a part of the package. My top (photography) concerns as a bride were: making the day calm and peaceful, capturing the atmosphere and documenting the love, and of course quality! I did a LOT of research and was terrified to go with a photographer that might not deliver what was promised OR a photographer that would be a challenge to work with on my wedding day (you don’t get to “test drive” the experience beforehand!)
    Krysta's photos speak for themselves! I need not tell you how great she is at capturing the love and beauty of each family/couple!! She nailed it by capturing everything from the special details to the dance floor action. Please visit her website to see: http://www.krystanorman.com/
    What you would not know from Krysta’s photos is how organized and detailed she is! How the timeline of the day she helped me outline prior to my wedding was what ALL vendors operated from. You would not see in her images how calm she was, how she kept the "show" running seamlessly and all bridal party on track. You would not know from her photos that she scouts engagement locations based on YOUR personal style, she toured the venue for my wedding to identify the best spot for photos, and she even researched when sunset would be so I could have sunset photos on my wedding day.
    Krysta is attentive and professional. She is easy to work with, makes you and your partner feel comfortable in front of the camera, and seeks to capture the details (big and small) that make memories last a lifetime. In the craziness of my "big day", I am grateful I had Krysta as a part of my team. Lastly - she promised full-delivery of our photos by a specific date and we actually got them EARLY (amazing!!).

P.S. I have also used Krysta for family portraits as a gift for my sister when she had her first baby. Also a wonderful experience and delivery of beautiful, cherished photos!

Sent on 05/31/2019
    Norman Photography & Paperie 8
    Norman Photography & Paperie 9
    Norman Photography & Paperie 10

Matt Richardson · Married on 10/13/2018

Great Experience with Krysta

My wife and I were very impressed with Krysta from our initial consultation and throughout engagement/wedding photos. She offered helpful advice on outfits for engagement photo sessions and produced amazing photographs that captured every moment we wished for during the wedding. I told my wife we couldn’t have pulled together a better team of vendors for our wedding, and Krysta was one of the reasons why we have great memories of our wedding day. Our friends and family are amazed at the stunning photographs taken by Krysta. She produces a great product and I highly recommend her for wedding photography.

Sent on 12/29/2018

Chandler · Married on 09/15/2018

Great Wedding Photographer

Krysta's work photographing our wedding and engagement photos was fantastic. She was incredibly responsive from the first time we reached out to her up to after the wedding. She did a great job providing some ideas for our engagement shoot and really managed the sessions well. Our photos were delivered in a timely manner, and even had a really convenient app that we could download to our phone to view the photos with ease.

The photos themselves were of high quality, and she was able to capture all aspects of the wedding. We have so many great photos, not only of ourselves, but of friends and family also. Her preparation and ideas the day of the wedding were fantastic, and we have some amazing photos with poses that have everyone saying "wow! how'd she do that?".

We would highly recommend Krysta as your wedding photographer for her quality of service, photography skills and her accountability.

Thank you Krysta!

- Colleen & Chandler

Sent on 12/12/2018

Amy · Married on 08/25/2018

Fantastic experience and quality photos

We were lucky to have Krysta as our photographer for both our engagement photos and our wedding day. We were worried the engagement session would feel "awkward" -- Krysta made the process easy and natural. In fact, she even went so far to help me climb a tree to capture a photo I had requested!
    Her photos were stunning and quality amazing to capture the memories from our perfect day. We recently gave pictures to our parents and grandparents for the holiday -- they were ecstatic (even tears were involved). One of our wedding pictures even ended up on our wedding venue's website. We highly recommend Krysta!

Sent on 12/27/2018

Kaity · Married on 07/07/2018

Perfect photographer for a perfect day!

Krysta captured our wedding day beautifully! She’s fully accommodating to your schedule and will make sure every little detail is pictured. We love looking back and remembering moments from the entire day. The photos speak for themselves - I can’t recommend her enough!

Sent on 12/29/2018
    Norman Photography & Paperie 11
    Norman Photography & Paperie 12
    Norman Photography & Paperie 13
    Norman Photography & Paperie 14

Amy · Married on 06/16/2018

Hiring Krysta Norman was easily one of the best decisions of our wedding. She is a total professional and a very talented photographer. We experimented with a different photographer for engagement photos that we didn't love before we found Krysta. We were so grateful that we did find her since we had a very specific vision of what we wanted. She was able to get the light and romantic photos that we hoped for, and she beautifully captured all of the emotions and special moments of the day. When we first spoke, she asked all the right questions and she provided several examples of previous weddings she worked on so that we would be sure we were the right fit. She is also an excellent value for the quality of the photos, and she is a lovely person who is very easy to work with. I will definitely be recommending Krysta to my friends getting married in the DC area, and we will cherish our beautiful photos for the rest of our lives.

Sent on 07/26/2018
    Norman Photography & Paperie 15

catherine · Married on 08/19/2017

Oh my goodness, any bride that is shopping for a photographer look no further! If you are a lady who loves vintage, classic, romantic pictures, Krysta is your girl. From getting in contact with me super quickly, to asking a million questions to know exactly what I wanted from my photographer, Krysta was on top of everything. She was super easy to work with, always making sure that I and my now husband were comfortable in her presence. Not to mention, that she took the time to get to know us and for us to get to know her. When the day of the wedding came around I really felt like I was talking to a dear friend.

Please, take a look at her website and go through her portfolios. She is a master at taking photos that you will treasure and keep close to your heart forever. I added just a few of my favorite pictures :) (only a few! she took so many and I loved that about her too!)

Sent on 10/19/2017
    Norman Photography & Paperie 16
    Norman Photography & Paperie 17
    Norman Photography & Paperie 18
    Norman Photography & Paperie 19

Shannon · Married on 07/14/2017

Krysta is an amazing photographer and so much fun to work with! I wanted a snowy engagement session and she was willing to wait for the perfect time to get the best shots! she gave us an abundance of photos from the wedding but we didn't spend any more time then the average taking photos. Krysta is a great person with great personality to have around on your wedding day. I would recommend her to anyone!

Sent on 09/26/2017
    Norman Photography & Paperie 28
    Norman Photography & Paperie 29
  • Z

Zoe · Married on 06/24/2017

Krysta was fantastic onour wedding day. She captured such beautiful photos and made sure we were all comfortable and having fun during the photos. She was also a serious trooper all day in the heat and i have some serious respect for that. I loved that she really captured the feel of thr day and the little things all evening. I highly reccomend her!

Sent on 09/08/2017

Shannon · Married on 06/10/2017

There are so many photographers out there to choose from - let me make it easy for you - Krysta is your answer! As soon as we met her for the engagement photos she made things low-stress and easy. It wasn't awkward like I was sure it was going to be. Then on the wedding day everything was organized and even ahead of schedule! Her photos were great and even delivered before she promised.

Sent on 08/02/2017

Katherine · Married on 06/04/2017

Krysta did an excellent job of beautifully capturing our wedding day. She and her assistant brought a calming atmosphere to the hectic wedding schedule, and they made me and my husband feel extra special as they captured our wedding photos. She worked with me, was prompt and responsive to emails, and was very kind and sweet in her emails and in person. Not only is she super skilled and artistic, but she is a genuinely wonderful person. Brides: take my advice and do not hesitate to hire her!

Sent on 08/01/2017

Charli · Married on 01/01/2017

Krysta is absolutely amazing and wonderfully talented! From our first meeting we knew that she was going to be a great fit for our wedding. She was able to take our vision and make it a reality. Krysta was awesome in helping us discover what was important to us on our wedding day and capturing those moments. Day of Krysta was early and ready with her second shooter. She was able to weave herself into the activities and capture the candid moments that we are so glad to have in photos. Family portraits were painless as she was able to gather and manage our rowdy crowd. My husband and I could not be happier with the finished product. She nailed it! Every photo is gallery worthy! We highly reccomend Krysta, you won't be disappointed! - Charli & Joe

Sent on 04/18/2017

Jessica · Married on 11/06/2016

Krysta is AMAZING!!! She goes above and beyond to make you feel as stress-free as possible! I cant say enough about her bubbly and fun personality. She knew exactly what to do in all situations, and had no problem keeping our ENTIRE family in check (as sweetly as possible) for photos and everything! She is extremely flexible and charming. I think your photographer is one of the MOST vital things you need to think of during the wedding. They are responsible for the memories you will have of this day, foreverrrrrrr. So keep that in mind when looking at price and other things. For the quality and value of work you'll have to show off and keep I would not have trusted anyone else to do better. 100% recommended!!

Sent on 01/30/2017

Emma · Married on 11/05/2016

Krysta was amazing from the start. She was always available when we needed her and I couldn't be happier with how our pictures turned out. She is a 10 out of 10!

Sent on 03/13/2017

McClain · Married on 10/15/2016

We used Krysta for our engagement photos and wedding, and could not have been more pleased! We had already really liked the photos in her portfolio before meeting with her, but right after meeting with her as we were deciding on our photographer, we were sold! She is very professional, but also relaxed and fun to work with. Her style of photography matched what we envisioned for our wedding, but she was receptive to our ideas and desires for the types of photos we wanted. She was willing to travel an hour and a half out of the area for our engagement photos, which we thought was going above and beyond. I was never more pleased with our decision to go with her than on our wedding day. She was able to get through our photos efficiently, and provided humor at times when I needed it. The photos she has sent us so far have been stunning, and we are eagerly anticipating more! I would recommend her to anyone in need of professional photos without hesitation.

Sent on 10/27/2016

Katie · Married on 09/23/2016

Where do I even begin? Krysta is amazing to work with. She makes you feel so comfortable and at ease. She has such a calm but yet fun personality. Krysta did both our engagement and wedding photos and we could not be happier! Her pricing is very fair and the quality of her work is amazing. She makes her work seem so effortless because she is really just that good. She is also very quick to deliver pictures back to you which is always a plus! I will continue to use Krysta for any of my photography needs. My husband and I love her to pieces!

Sent on 11/01/2016

Mandy · Married on 05/27/2016

Krysta was SO awesome to work with. She is so professional and flexible, and dealt with my family's disorganization so well! I wasn't worried at all how the day was going to go because she and I had already gone over what the plan for getting everything done was. Her photos turned out beautifully and I absolutely love the wedding album she designed and made for us. Now I'm the maid of honor for my best friend, and she wants to have Krysta as her photographer as well!

Sent on 01/26/2017

Allison · Married on 05/21/2016

I can't say enough great things about our experience with Krysta. Not only did our photos turn out BEAUTIFULLY, Krysta was a blast to be around both during our engagement session and on our wedding day. Your photographer is the person you spend the MOST time with on that day, so it was especially important to us that we find someone who is not just talented, but also epically cool. Krysta fit both of those needs to a T. She made us both feel so comfortable through what can be a very awkward experience. My husband and I were very fortunate to not only work with Krysta for our own wedding, but also for my best friend's wedding, so we can vouch for her from the "guest" perspective as well. She is respectful but forceful, professional but fun. Both immediately after our wedding and after sharing our photos, we've had multiple married friends comment, "Man. I wish I'd had a photographer like yours." She nailed it. If you have the good fortune of having the opportunity for Krysta as your photographer, take it!

Sent on 08/23/2016

Jenna · Married on 04/30/2016

Krysta's style has a different feel to it that my husband and I really liked. In addition to what could be considered more classic wedding photos, Krysta also takes photos with an artistic edge. We appreciated having both. If you're a couple looking for beautiful photos with style, she would be a great fit.

Sent on 05/22/2016

Jordan · Married on 12/05/2015

Krysta did our engagement and wedding photography and was nothing but professional and her work speaks for itself. I am over the moon with happiness with my wedding photos and engagement shots. I've gotten so many compliments on her work. They are stunning! She listened to all of my ideas for our engagement shoot and was flexible with scheduling and rescheduling due to weather. You won't regret booking Krysta to capture your special day!

Jessica · Married on 10/24/2015

I was extremely happy to have Krysta as the photographer for my wedding! She was so easy to work with, get a hold of, and her pictures were AWESOME!!!!! Her laid-back personality made her very easy to get along with, and helped me feel no stress. Krysta truly went above and beyond at my wedding and I would highly recommend her as your wedding photographer.

Sent on 02/11/2016

Rick · Married on 10/17/2015

Krysta Norman is simply the best! We first got to work with Krysta on our engagement photos in downtown Annapolis which turned out absolutely fabulous. We couldn't have been more happy with the photos, but what was truly special was Krysta's knowledge and direction during the photo shoot. We truly didn't know what we wanted the photos to look like, but Krysta some how read our minds. She is wonderfully creative and has a vision for every couple/shoot she completes. We were also very lucky to have Krysta shoot our wedding. The photos are absolutely mind-blowing! Even the second photographer she hired to assist her was spectacular. We could go on and on about Krysta and her team, but my advice: Book her right now! You will thrilled you did so!

- Rick + Nadia

Sent on 06/21/2016

Alex · Married on 08/30/2015

Krysta was wonderful! She was recommended to us from a photographer friend. She worked with us financially to create a custom package within our price range. She offers a complimentary engagement session, so she can meet you, get comfortable with you, and understand your desires before the big day. Due to requests from our DJ the night of, we had to rearrange the originally planned schedule of the wedding, and when we moved our couple portraits to later in the evening, we ended up waiting too late and the pictures came out a little dark. BUT instead of settling, Krysta offered us a separate night to meet up and re-take the pictures for free! The quality of her photographs was unbelievable, and we received many compliments from family and friends. She even sent us little personalized gifts afterwards! She was thoughtful and flexible, and I would definitely recommend her services.

Sent on 02/10/2016

Krysta is fabulous & so talented! She made us feel comfortable in front of the camera on our wedding day, and our engagement session was a great opportunity to 'practice' and get to know her. She is cool, calm and collected, which is really what you want & need on your wedding day. We love the images she captured!

Dana · Married on 06/06/2015

Krysta was absolutely fantastic! Where to even begin. She sculpted our engagement session to fit just our personalities. She was always in correspondence and had our pictures finished and ready to view in a timely manner. At the weddings I felt as if she was a just another guest there, she fit right in. She was wonderful throughout the whole process. Then around Christmas time I received a package in the mail. In there was a USB flash drive, with all the photos, that had a nice wood finish with her initials on it. Along with that was a gorgeous gold bracelet that had our wedding venue and wedding date engraved on the inside and the longitude and latitude numbers of the venue on the outside. I was absolutely blown away. Totally unexpected and what a personal touch. Love Krysta and would recommend her to everyone!

Sent on 02/12/2016