Nora Events Reviews

17 Reviews for Nora Events

Sammy Lu · Married on 09/14/2019

Unforgettable Wedding Reception

Sticky:
    We're so honored and lucky to have DJ Sticky of Nora Events provide entertainment for our most special day! His professionalism and knowledge for the entertainment and wedding industry is the best that we know, and we had 110% trust in him. We've seen many weddings, and know how DJ's can sometimes be cheesy or is just there to "play music". That wasn't what we wanted. Our vision was to have our wedding reception feel like a concert, and to have our guests dancing ALL night long. We hired a band and DJ, and let's just say that surpassed our expectation. DJ Sticky was able to coordinate with the band, and it truly felt like they were one package. It's been a week since our wedding day, and we still hear our guests raving about our reception.

We also added his Sessions Photo Booth and had it during our cocktail hour. It kept our guests entertained while eating apps, drinking, and mingling with others. I am mindblown to see how FULL and elegant our entertainment was knowing that it all came from DJ Sticky. He would check in on us throughout the day just to cue us on what's happening next and to keep our timeline together. I don't think most DJs do that, but we fully appreciate that extra guidance from him.

I knew hiring Nora Events was going to be one of the best decisions we made for our wedding day. He let us choose our ceremony, cocktail, and dinner songs to make it truly feel like OUR day. With that, he also knew our crowd and played songs that appealed to EVERYONE! I love looking back at some of our guest photos, and seeing so many of our family and friends on the dance floor-- even the quiet ones! If you are looking for a DJ who is professional, knowledgable, and knows how to throw a party, please don't look any further. Nora Events made our reception extra special, and we will never forget that feeling.

Sent on 09/21/2019
  • Cassandra

Cassandra · Married on 06/15/2019

Best DJ in Minnesota!

I have no doubt Paul is the best DJ in MN. Even though we hired him almost two years before our wedding, he let us start planning right away by granting us access to his planning system. Access to his popular song lists and seeing what other couples requested was super helpful. Every step of the way, Paul jumped at each opportunity to be accomodating and helpful. During our meeting a week before the wedding, I really feel like he took the time to get to know our personal music tastes and our expectations for the day. On our wedding day, he read the room so well!! I had multiple people tell me they wanted to take a break from dancing but the DJ kept playing such good songs, they couldn't leave the dance floor! Everyone, from my great grandma, aunts, sister, friends, and husband was dancing, thanks to Paul. I can't recommend him enough!!

Sent on 07/22/2019

E Shay · Married on 02/17/2019

Paul was amazing!!

Paul was amazing! Seriously, I think he was the best decision we made for our event. His song transitions were smooth, once in a while he would stitch songs together in cool ways, he could read the crowd and keep people dancing, his portal where we requested songs was easy to use, he went out and procured a Lizzo song we requested that he didn't already have in his library, he was able to add in a custom medley we used for our first dance, he kept the toasts etc moving along without being too involved or cheesy, everything was awesome. He was personable and professional, just so great. We can't recommend him enough!

Sent on 02/20/2019
  • U

Uyen · Married on 08/19/2017

I would highly recommend Nora events for your next event or wedding. The Dj did a phenomenal job at playing whatever you wanted, very professional, very high quality audio system and best of all, he is a VERY good "hype" guy to get the party started. I would highly recommend him.

Sent on 08/23/2017

Christopher · Married on 03/11/2017

I would strongly recommend DJ Sticky (Paul) to anyone looking for a DJ and/or Photo Booth for their wedding! During our initial consultation, he asked a lot of questions to get to know our needs, went over the variety of services he offers and explained what to expect next. His online portal made the planning easy and when it came to wedding day he executed flawlessly! From the ceremony to cocktail hour to dinner and finally the dancing the music was great and kept people on the dance floor all night! His help was invaluable when it came to moving the reception timeline along when it came to speeches and other announcements that needed to happen at specific times. Our guests loved the photo booth which looked brand new, captured very high quality images and had a variety of fun items to use. We had a GOBO projector with our monogram and wedding date which added a really nice touch to the décor our guests first saw upon arrival as well as up-lighting for the head table which matched our color theme.

Sent on 05/20/2017

Jill · Married on 02/18/2017

Paul did amazing, he listened to what we wanted and everything went off without a hitch. Very professional and responsive. Our guests raved about the music selections and he even took a request from me that he didn't have in his deck and downloaded it that day. I highly recommend!!!

Sent on 04/22/2017

Paul ,our DJ and owner of Nora Events, was completely professional and articulate. He has the ability to read people well which helps in music selection to keep the crowd dancing and can really help make sure the day goes by smoothly with his attention to detail. We had a lot of compliments on the way he helped run the evening.

Sent on 06/26/2014
  • User2074695 · 2+ years ago

USE THIS DJ!!! Best dj we could have asked for! So attentive to our needs! He was always extremely fast in replying to e-mails. He seems like he loves his job! He was perfect and you seriously can not go wrong with him! You will love him! And SOOOOO affordable! He just gets it! He knows what he is doing and he does it well!

Sent on 11/03/2013

Kirk · Married on 07/19/2013

DJ Paul was fantastic at our wedding. He did a great job getting everybody up on the dance floor and keeping them there, even the older people! He was very quick at responding to emails and was flexible to our needs. He was very thorough in our meetings, asking us things that really made the night run smoothly that I would have never thought of. Paul has a great music selection and a lighting display that tops any wedding I've been to. I would definitely recommend Nora Events!

Sent on 08/04/2013

Tanya · Married on 09/22/2012

Paul was a wonderful DJ, we had zero complaints. There were a couple of requests that he didn't have the songs, so he downloaded them and played them. He was a total professional when my drunk relative got mad he didn't have a song and/or play it right when requested (sorry Paul!). He was well within our budget and worth every penny, he had everyone out there dancing! Also, we literally ran out of room for him at the reception hall and he made it work with almost no space! He was great, highly recommend!

Sent on 09/30/2012

Jaimee · Married on 09/02/2012

Nora Events is great! DJ Sticky is very personable and very helpful. My husband and I have not had any time to plan a wedding and neither of us had any idea what we wanted. DJ Sticky was able to capture what we wanted even without our help. The night of was amazing. DJ Sticky kept everything moving smoothly and most importantly kept everyone dancing with a great selection of music.

I would recommend DJ Sticky to anyone who wants quality for a really great price.

Sent on 09/13/2012

Paige · Married on 07/28/2012

Nora Events is amazing. Paul did both our ceremony music and our reception. Paul and his crew were so professional through out the entire process and were able to guide us with all the planning. The music selection was awesome! They were really able to please all our guests, the kids, the older crowd, and everyone else in between. Paul did uplighting, a slideshow, and a gobo- perfect!! Our reception was at Christos Union Depot (awesome) and it can be very acoustically challenging and it sounded perfect!! Paul was so attentive to all of our needs, he kept checking in through out the night to make sure everything was going ok and of course it was. We have nothing but good things to say about Nora Events!!

Sent on 08/17/2012

Kendra · Married on 10/01/2011

Paul made our dance the best!! We still have friends and family talking about how fun it was. He was so laid back and did everything perfectly. We gave him freedom to play whatever he felt was best, and he totally rocked it!! He did both our ceremony & reception music and he was awesome.

Sent on 12/28/2011
  • W

Wing · Married on 07/10/2010

Where do we even begin? David and I are truly grateful to have booked Nora Events for our special day! From the beginning of the ceremony to the very last dance, Nora Events executed everything perfectly! The music selection was beyond amazing and the lighting set up they provided was beautiful for our Mill City reception space. Our guests danced all night long. Nora Events is a team of talented professionals that are fun, engaging and fresh. They are truly one of a kind in the Twin Cities area. Book them now!

Sent on 05/02/2011

Liz · Married on 10/03/2009

Did an amazing job! The bride didn't leave the dance floor once because the music was amazing!! Thanks Paul!!!

Sent on 04/28/2011

Awesome service and an awesome guy to work with.

Sent on 03/13/2013
  • Mallory

Mallory · Married on 09/01/2012

3.5

Paul was so great when I first met him. He was very outgoing and friendly. I felt he wasn't the same at my wedding but he was still great. His assistant I had never met and didn't think she was professional at all, especially her outfit. Paul is great with the music and his set up is awesome.

Sent on 09/03/2012