NOOR Reviews

39 | Pasadena, CA

39 Reviews for NOOR

Grace Santos · Getting married on 10/12/2020

Amazing venue and team

My husband and I recently got married at Noor in December 2019, and we can't be more happy we did. The moment we made contact to tour the venue to the very end we were met with the best service and care. Bridget Ann, Maria, Miranda, and the rest of the team were amazing. Our guests talked about how much they loved the venue and food! We chose the Sofia ballroom and ended up doing our ceremony indoors due to rain and it was still beautiful.

Miranda our event manager, I could not rave and thank her enough for all her work with us when we had a few crisis moments leading up to our wedding. She went above and beyond and was quick to answer our questions.

I would highly recommend NOOR and am so grateful they made our day so special!

Sent on 01/04/2020
  • Va Fang

Va Fang · Getting married on 05/11/2020

Our Forever Story

It actually didn't take us much to decide on Noor as our venue. We had done all the research and really only had 3 venues in mind that we wanted to see. Noor was are 2nd location to visit and as soon as we had met with the owner and coordinators at Noor, we had no need to even look at the 3rd venue. We fell in love with everything about the venue! From all the interior decoration, floor plan, ceremony area, menu, but mostly our corrdinator was very accommodating in what we were comfortable with our budget and what options Noor could provide for us. The food was all so good, we are so glad that we went with the deluxe duo selections. Our guest all complimented on the venue and they were all very surprised how yummy all the food was, because most wedding venue food options are typical mediocre quality. Everyone left very full and couldn't stop talking about the food selections and of course the full bar options as well. We had our ceremony outside by the fountains and loved the closed off curtains because it made the ceremony very intimate. We are so happy we chose team Noor! Thank you team for giving us the best experience and so happy that we can tell people that our Forever Story began at Noor.

Sent on 12/26/2019

James Prior · Getting married on 04/01/2020

It was amazing

I just had my wedding at NOOR this Saturday January 4, 2020. It was amazing, the staff is incredible. Miranda, our wedding expert slash do everything was incredible, She did so much for us and there was never one problem. Miranda made the whole event flawless and with the Vivian from wife of the party I had to worry about nothing. It was a perfect evening. Thank you so much for making our wedding day something we will remember forever..

Sent on 01/05/2020
  • Jason

Jason Kil · Married on 01/04/2020

Beautiful Venue + Professional Team

I had less than 2 months to plan our wedding and I really have to commend Kenji, Bridgette Ann, and Miranda for their assistance in facilitating our wedding planning. The biggest challenge of planning our entire wedding throughout the holidays was to accommodate everyone’s schedule and deadlines. I was the only point of contact for the venue and vendors because my wife was not fluent in English. Despite our circumstances, here is my review of our experience with Noor.

PRE PLANNING

As soon as I inquired about Noor, I immediately received a response from Bridget Ann (Vice President of Sales) within hours. Although we received a prompt response from Bridget Ann, my wife and I were still exploring other venues. After speaking with other venues, we decided to proceed with Noor for the following reasons:

Location - Centralized location for the majority of our guests. Ample parking space to accommodate guest’s vehicles.
    Aesthetics - The ballroom and foyer were well maintained and looked great. We had approximately 130 guests which the ballroom (Sofia Ballroom) accommodated everyone comfortably and without appearing too vacant. The foyer isn’t meant to hold all the guests inside. They do have some lounge chairs and tables but again, not for 100+ guests. Plan accordingly to accommodate elderly guests and the disabled.
    Price - Their wedding packages start at $85/person which I thought was kind of pricey at the time. However, there were no hidden fees or any additional charges (service, tax, etc) which I liked. This helped us keep track of our budget.

After choosing Noor to be our venue (5 weeks before our wedding day), we had one day to select our horderves for the tasting (the kitchen for food tasting was closed during December because they were busy hosting Christmas parties/dinners). I unfortunately was unable to respond with my selections however, Bridget Ann took the initiative to pre-select some of the best horderves and had them ready for us on the day of the tasting.

TASTING

During the tasting, we were hosted by Miranda (Director of Events). I remember Bridgett Ann telling us that Noor had a very high reputation with their food. I honestly didn’t really care about the food because we had so many other things to do. Nonetheless, we tried the following entrees:

Filet/Chicken Duet - The filet mignon was the best dish of the 3 entrees. The meat was tender and cooked to a medium finish. However, there is an upcharge of $24pp. The chicken came with a mushroom sauce which also was tasty in my opinion. If cost was not a factor, we would definitely choose this dish.
    Braised Short Rib - Tastes good but the portion was small because of the large bone. There is an upcharge of $20PP.
    Chicken/Salmon Duet - This chicken came with a lemon sauce. The salmon tasted great with the miso glazed sauce.
    Ratatouille (vegetarian option) - Never tried it before and was never interested. This was my first time tasting ratatouille and I was impressed. Although I didn’t have any other ratatouille in the past to compare it with, I thought it was quite tasty.

Our Selection: Chicken (mushroom sauce)/Salmon Duet
    Horderves Selection: Feta, Arugula and Mushroom Bruschetta / Crispy Vegetable Spring Rolls / Avocado Fries

FINAL MEETING

On our final meeting, I met with Kenji (Event Manager) and discussed the floor plan, wedding timeline, and other administrative matters. I really appreciate the fact that Kenji took the time to listen and accommodate my requests. I was provided a suggested floor plan layout to which I altered and presented it to Kenji. Kenji assured me that they can absolutely meet my request while professionally advising me of potential issues that I didn’t foresee with my layout. In the end, I went with their suggested layout. These guys are professionals with years of experience that know their venue. Clients are free to make adjustments to the floor plan but it seems to me that they will have the optimal solution once you provide the details and client specific guidelines.

WEDDING DAY

I was very pleased with the Noor Staff. Kenji was present and made sure everything was flowing smoothly and keeping up with the timeline that I provided. I did have some minor changes on the day of to which the staff was very flexible and more than accommodating. They understand that a couple’s wedding day is one of the most important life events anyone can experience which showed through their exceptional level of service.

CONCLUSION

I would highly recommend Noor and their team of experts to host your next event. Wedding planning can be very stressful but with the team’s outstanding organization skills, it will alleviate any unnecessary stress. They are a team of problem solvers who will always provide some sort of suggestion or solution. With that being said, the wedding planning responsibility does fall upon the couple. I appreciated the fact that they went the extra mile to provide feedback and pay close attention to detail. You can certainly have it your way (while adhering to the rules/regulations) but sometimes, they may already have the best way.

Sent on 01/08/2020
  • Sheridan

Sheridan Major · Married on 01/02/2020

Amazing place and staff

My husband and I planned our wedding in 3 months! This seemed overwhelming at first, but finding a great venue made it so much easier. We fell in love with NOOR and its staff immediately! They were FANTASTIC! We had family and friends from 4 countries and a multitude of states and they all agreed that the food, ambience, and service was AMAZING! Miranda, Maria, Bridget, Loriann, Lucy “wife of the party”, and DJ Herick as well as caterers and staff Keith and I thank you so much for making our wedding a spectacular event!

Sent on 01/20/2020
  • I

Indigo Enosi · Married on 11/30/2019

We were pretty princesses!

The event could not have gone smoother or been more beautiful. Any bump along the road was taken care of promptly and with grace and passion for the big picture of the event. I wish we could do it again!

Sent on 12/26/2019
  • Kristyn

kristyn · Married on 11/16/2019

Beautiful venue, excellent service

My husband and I made the best choice to have our wedding at Noor. From our initial meeting with Maria, to planning details with Kenji, to interacting with the servers on the day-of, the service was exceptional. Very special thank you to Kenji, our event manager, who made sure everything was executed perfectly. He was so nice and easy to work with and made us feel at ease throughout the whole process. Now about the venue itself- we chose the Sofia ballroom because it was already beautiful as-is. Our florist placed both hi and low centerpieces that filled the room. We also had a 6-piece band. The band +250 guests and I feel it fit well! Loved having the balcony, beautiful bar and ballroom for our guests to roam. Thank you to the whole team at Noor for letting us have an unforgettable evening.

Sent on 12/27/2019
  • Hayden

Hayden Sotto · Married on 10/13/2019

Elegant & Beautiful

I didn’t exactly know what I was looking for until I stepped into NOOR & met with Bridget. They have a gorgeous terrace and 2 beautiful ballrooms! This place just speaks to us.... most definitely the best fit! Bridget was so professional, prompt, attentive and the beat goes on. She represents NOOR perfectly. One evening she responded to my email at almost 9 PM. She’s amazing. I’m glad I’m doing this journey with her. I will update this after our wedding

Sent on 03/19/2019

Mark · Married on 10/13/2019

Perfect venue

This place is nice and people are professional. I’m having my wedding here

Sent on 03/21/2019
  • Crystal

Crystal · Married on 04/19/2019

Perfect LA Venue

Noor gave us all the amenities we were looking for in a venue! We wanted something that was central to the LA area, city scape views, late night option, outdoor ceremony with an indoor reception. Not only did the venue complete our vision their service was FANTASTIC! They are so quick to answer any questions or concerns and they all run so cohesively as a team. Out of all of our vendors they were hands down THEE BEST. Pasadena City Hall is about 200 feet away so you have the option of doing additional wedding photos there and it required no permit. Our Event Manager, Miranda was SO AWESOME. We definitely would recommend them if you’re looking to get married in this area.

Sent on 05/04/2019

Danielle · Married on 04/13/2019

Highly recommend!

My husband and I were married at NOOR in April 2019, and the experience was wonderful. The day of was incredible, and went off without a hitch. The staff was anticipatory and responsive, the food was excellent, and the venue was beautiful. It was absolutely beyond anything I had envisioned.

Beyond that, Miranda and Bridgett Ann, along with many others made the planning process easy and enjoyable. They were responsive, flexible, and always professional, and went out of their way to accommodate any and all requests.

I cannot recommend NOOR enough!

Sent on 10/23/2019

chloe · Married on 05/05/2018

We got married on May 5th, 2018 and it was everything I ever dreamed of!

When my hubby and I were about to give up on the venue after dealing with so many unprofessional teams, we found Bridget Ann.
    She was so efficient, professional, and polite.
    Bridget Ann gave us a detailed cost estimate before our appointment.
    What really impressed me was her ability to revise those estimates within hours to accommodate our budget and schedule.
    After our appointment, my hubby and I knew Bridget Ann was the one for us.

On our food tasting appointment, we met Miranda, most amazing day of coordinator ever!
    She was warm, responsive, and thorough.
    Miranda had answers to questions I didn't even know I had.
    She offered great suggestions, aided in making sure vendors were properly insured, and always responded to emails/calls in less than 24 hours.
    Miranda was able to take care of all the vendors, guests, and nitty gritty stuff so I could fully enjoy the day.
    Miranda is not only professional, but also genuine.
    When my dad was crying his eyes out at rehearsal dinner, she was there to calm all of us down.

The venue is absolutely stunning!
    If we could pick a venue again, we would pick Noor without a second thought.
    Outdoor ceremony area is fairytale like; blue sky, green plants against white curtain, sound of the water fountain, and feel good breeze are nothing short of every girl's dream.
    Indoor reception area is classy and tasteful.

Our wedding was on a tight budget so we went with the most basic food options: herb roasted chicken breast, portobello mushroom ravioli, and classic French ratatouille.
    We heard great feedback from our guests about how great the food was; some even said best wedding food they've had.

There is a parking structure attached to the venue so it's very convenient for the guests.

We can't say enough great things about Noor and its amazing staff!
    Thank you for making the first day of our forever perfect!!

Sent on 06/30/2018

Natalia · Married on 02/18/2018

We could not be happier with our entire experience at Noor. From the very beginning at our venue tour with Robert (owner), to the several days after our wedding with our amazing day of event coordinator/event manager, Amin. At the first visit with Robert, he was so easy going, upfront, and honest about the venue services/costs. We did not feel pressured to commit that day or add on every extra add-on. Later, for our first meeting with Noor we felt very impressed with Amin’s friendliness and professionalism. He answered all of questions at the meeting and responded to questions via email, text and phone in a timely manner.
    During the final meeting Amin was very cordial to our videographer, who joined us to get a lay of the land. This meeting, Amin guided us through our wedding timeline & answered our videographer’s questions; his attention to detail with certain needs was perfect.
    This little paragraph is a shout out to the main man with the plan behind the scenes. Amin absolutely slammed this thing out of the park, what more can you ask for out of this guy. Throughout the whole process he truly cared about our big day, and it was evident in all the details. This would not have been possible without the support of an awesome, experienced, and caring day of coordinator. Also, poor Amin even gracefully handled answering demanding questions from one of our mothers before the wedding and dealt with a drunk headstrong godmother during the wedding.
    We received so many compliments about the delicious duet plate; miso salmon/ filet mignon. So, hats off to the chefs for the amazingly delicious meal, and thank you.
    After the wedding, there was precious cargo left at Noor, and they were happy to safe guard our belongings until we were able to come pick them up.
    In conclusion, if you have not figured out from this novel-sized review, we would 10/10 recommend Noor to anyone looking for a brilliantly assembled, memorable, enjoyable wedding!

Sent on 02/25/2018

Nicole · Married on 10/13/2017

Noor was the first venue I visited after I got engaged. The rest is history! My wedding was 10.13.17 and it was PERFECT! Noor is such a beautiful venue, with so much natural decor(Ella Ballroom) The staff was extremely organized, professional and easy to work with. I had the pleasure of working with Bridgett, Paige and Miranda whom were all AMAZING!! I've received tons of feedback from our guests about how beautiful the venue was and great the staff was. Literally, nothing went wrong our wedding day. The communication, time management and service was incredible and really made the day great. I highly suggest Noor for your special day or event and will be referring Noor to everyone I know!

Sent on 10/19/2017

Ruth · Married on 09/02/2017

Bridget Ann and Paige are the girls you want to work with! From the initial meeting with them they provide excellent service, quickly respond to emails, and assist you throughout your entire planning experience. If your looking for outstanding service and someone that pays attention to detail these are your girls.

Sent on 09/17/2017

R · Married on 04/29/2017

We chose this venue for how beautiful the reception area is and for being able to build a stage on a fountain to get married on. We loved:
    - With a built in-bar, high-end wood floor reception, media and lighting all part of the venue ambiance, this is a perfect venue that is already designed to host an upscale wedding
    - The venue is part of Paseo Colorado Mall but you would not guess it when you are inside the ceremony. They have beautiful white shades that cover the wedding ceremony but leave the top open to allow natural sunlight and blue sky to illuminate your wedding
    - For the size of our party (300 people), Noor provided an excellent price that included 6 hours of premium bar, outside catering, 3 bartenders, 12+ hours of venue site rental, 4+ hours of set-up time, and a host of other accommodations for a price that was better than all its competitors. They even provided a Photo booth and champagne toast on top of everything else
    - From the sales coordinator, Bridget Ann Shillet, to their event manager, Paige Black, Noor provided excellent service. We didn’t have a wedding coordinator and I can’t tell you how much Paige and Bridget went above their roles and responsibilities to make our wedding happen. I owe a debt of gratitude to them. You will not find a team of people who will help you put on a magical wedding as Noor does.
    Noor is not a typical choice for an Indian wedding but my wife and I are not typical people. We wanted a venue that can host 300 people, which had a certain style of modernity and class, and be different than a hotel ballroom where we didn’t have to build ambiance with so much decor. My wife and I researched over 40 places and visited 15 of them. Noor was the best one by far. My wedding was done on a budget but from our pictures, you’d think I spent double. That’s because Noor was that beautiful, that well designed and had a staff that ensured our wedding remained as beautiful as our dreams desired.

Sent on 06/21/2017

Jessica · Married on 04/07/2017

Gorgeous venue located in the heart of Pasadena. As soon as we walked into Noor's Ella ballroom we fell in love! The style of the ballroom and what they offer is what won us over. We had our ceremony and reception all in the same space and it turned out wonderful. Not only is the venue gorgeous but the staff is amazing. They are always so friendly and professional. Since the moment we spoke to Bridget Anne on the phone til the day of the wedding Paige and the entire staff were exceptional. They go above and beyond for the clients. Choosing to have our wedding at Noor was the best decision we could have ever made!

Sent on 05/07/2017
  • Mrs. Adams

LaToya · Married on 09/18/2016

Bridget Ann Shilet is amazing always available and responsive. If you request info be sure do a tour it will be worth it. Happy I found them and can't wait for the bid day.

Sent on 04/23/2016

Briseida · Married on 06/29/2016

We just had our wedding ceremony and reception at the Noor's Ella Ballroom. We had been planning for 14 months and our planning experience with the manager Bridget Ann was an absolute AMAZING experience. She was so patient and was very knowledgeable with event planning and provided all the information we needed considering we didn't hire a wedding planner. Because of Bridget Ann not only were we able to have the wedding of our dreams but their customer service was OUTSTANDING. Excellent food, excellent service, gorgeous venue and their staff was very professional.

This review represents 1,000 stars. Bridget Ann and Nora: you made our event an unforgettable experience not only for us the newlyweds but for our family and guests.

For dinner, we recommend going all out with the duet Salmon and Filet Mignon. Our guests can't stop raving about how delicious it was! We even upgraded our vendors' meals so they could enjoy the same thing as our guests and everyone was truly happy and feeling the festivities!

We will be planning another event at the Noor again. Anniversary, birthday, baby shower perhaps? Or even a holiday party!

To Bridget Ann: We can't thank you enough for a memorable and enchanting evening. You made our experience, from first meeting you, thoughout the planning process, to the wedding night, the most unforgettable experience for us, and the most unforgettable night for our guests. They felt very VIP with the service your staff provided that night. They can't stop talking about the excellent service and how much fun they had! Thank you again. Xoxo, O&B Marquez

Sent on 07/16/2016

EMILY · Married on 05/29/2016

Venue shopping is probably one of the most stressful part of the wedding planning process. There were so many factors that my husband and me were looking for in a venue (good food, A/C, indoor/outdoor venue, and a place that decorated itself). Fortunately, right when I stepped food into the Sofia Ballroom I knew this was the place that we were going to have our wedding. It had everything and more.

I really loved the fact how they had everything in once place so I didn’t have to do much in terms of looking for different vendors. They had upgrades and many things that could enhance our wedding day. Like the Cigar Bar, which we had at the wedding and it, was a hit! All my guests loved it.

Initially, I thought ALL wedding foods in general would be mediocre unless I was going to have the wedding at a Michelin Star Restaurant. SO I didn’t have a lot of expectations, but to be honest the food exceeded my expectation and it was DELICIOUS! All my guest kept on raving about the rib eye and I myself highly recommend the rib-eye as well.

The ballrooms are clean and modern and needs minimal decorations. They have a beautiful patio where my guests could also hang out.

More importantly, Bridget Ann Shillet was so helpful, reassuring, and professional. She made it a very hassle-free process to planning and also working with all my needs. I appreciated the accommodations and compromises they were able to make to help make my dream wedding come true.

If you are looking for a hassle-free process, beautiful venue, awesome staff, amazing ribeye,and someone you can trust your wedding day with, then Noor is the place to have it. I highly recommend this venue. Thank you Bridget and her team at Noor for making my day so special. =)

Sent on 06/21/2016

J · Married on 10/24/2015

I'm from the East Coast and having my wedding in LA because my fiance is from there and has more extended family that I do. Picking out a wedding venue was an arduous process, especially since we live in the East Coast and utilized the Memorial Day weekend to visit something like 20 venues in 3 days. One of the venues we looked at was Noor. Given our tight weekend schedule, not only were the owners, Robert and Maggie, more than accommodating (especially when we were behind schedule and needed to reschedule the following day - during a holiday weekend, no less!), but they were extremely patient and kind to us when we did finally visit this venue. Robert met with us and showed us the space while a wedding was being set up for that evening. Their ballroom space is awesome, as is their outdoor terrace and the outdoor ceremony space. More importantly, I was impressed by both Robert and Maggie's dedication to each event - you really can see the care they put into the event to make it truly special for their clients. Ultimately, my fiance and I ended up choosing a different venue to accommodate our parents' wishes, but I'm leaving this review to share just how impressed we were with Robert and Maggie's professionalism and love for their venue. I would not hesitate to work with them for any event.

Sent on 07/16/2015

Sergio · Married on 08/01/2015

We just had our wedding at NOOR and it was great. Everything was perfect. The best thing about NOOR is that everything was included in one package: venue, rentals, catering and drinks. That made the organization super easy. The other great thing about NOOR is that everyone there is super friendly and responsive. Robert, the owner, who worked with us, is super nice and was extremely accommodating, helping us setting-up the wedding exactly how we wanted it (many places don't do that!) in terms of decor, food, organization and drinks from the first to the last day. He was always available even when we called him or emailed him at the craziest hours with the most weird requests... The day of the wedding everything looked immaculate. The organization and the service were impeccable. The food was great, of great quality, prepared well, and abundant (so were the drinks...). Everything went very smooth. Considering the service we received, we had a great value for our wedding. Everyone enjoyed the food, the venue and the party, including us! Thanks NOOR!

Sent on 08/19/2015

Alisse · Married on 06/26/2015

The ambiance of the Ella room was so beautiful I only needed center pieces and my reception was perfect. This place is super professional and flexible. Robert and his team made my wedding so easy and simple and stress free.

Sent on 07/05/2015

ASHLEY · Married on 02/28/2015

I had my wedding reception in the Sofia Ballroom at Noor 2/28/2015. Robert and his team, Barbara and Amin were a pleasure to work with from the first meeting to the day of the reception. They were always extremely accomodating. I am so happy I chose Noor for my reception. Not only is the ballroom gorgeous and in a prime location, the people there are so nice to work with. All of my guests have complimented the service and said the food was delicious. The day of my wedding, Barbara went above and beyond to make sure my husband and I were happy. I cant think of even one complaint, because they truly made my wedding day the best day of my life. Thank you Noor

Sent on 04/16/2015

Jorge · Married on 11/08/2014

Our experience at Noor was priceless! Amin was so pleasant and accomodating up to the very last minute. Robert, the owner, was incredibly cordial and receptive. We mostly worked with Amin and that was such a pleasant experience. I would recommend this venue to anyone and everyone and I hope that they continue to provide outstanding service and caring attention!

Sent on 11/11/2014