Nolan's on Canandaigua Lake Reviews

87 | Canandaigua, NY

87 Reviews for Nolan's on Canandaigua Lake

Debbie · Getting married on 10/16/2020

It was such a pleasure working with Nolan's on catering our son's engagement party in our home. As our son has a gluten allergy, they were able to cater a delicious gluten free buffet with a wonderful selection to please all of our guests. We had so many complements on the food that I would absolutely use them for our next event. Kristen Harter, the events coordinator, was a pleasure to work with. Highly recommend!

Sent on 10/05/2018
  • Mark

Mark · Married on 09/21/2019

Fantastic Rehearsal Dinner Venue!!

My wife and I had our wedding in Geneva, NY and choose Nolan's in nearby Canandaigua for our rehearsal dinner the night before. We were THRILLED with everything about the venue, and Kristen was flawless with the coordination every step of the way! Not only was she lightning quick in responding to any questions/inquiries, but the pricing was very reasonable for the high quality of food and drink provided! Our rehearsal dinner accommodated about 40 people, so we rented out a private room in the back of the restaurant to hold the dinner. We selected an assortment of Italian food and seafood for our dinner meals, all of it delicious, and even requested a private bar set-up in the room which was extra convenient. Everyone raved about the food and ambiance and it was a very memorable evening - Kudos to Kristen and her staff for hosting a wonderful rehearsal dinner in every aspect!

Sent on 05/23/2020
  • Karen

Karen Wood · Married on 07/12/2019

Outstanding in every way !

Cannot day enough about our experience with Nolan’s ! Rehearsal Dinner was fabulous, plentiful, excellent and gorgeous setting on the lake. The wedding food was absolutely delicious! Filet mignon cooked to perfection, tender, hot , Chicken French cooked perfectly delicious, and Salmon moist and delicious. We have had so many many compliments on everything. The staff is professional, friendly and go above and beyond in every way! Kristen is amazing to work with, responsive, attentive and helpful on all levels. We wouldn’t have done it any other way. Nolan’s on the Lake is the finest caterer around!

Sent on 07/21/2019
  • Melita

Melita Ann Deci · Married on 07/06/2019

Nolan's at the Canandaigua Country Club

Nolan's at the Canandaigua Country Club was amazing!

Kristen is super easy to work with. I was planning from California, Kristen was super responsive, gave great feedback on menu choices, was flexible with my wine requests, and was sensitive to my guest's food allergies and diet preferences. Not to mention, she pulled out an industrial sized leaf blower to dry off the outdoor space for the ceremony after a storm had hit.

All the guests raved about the food! Specifically the filet mignon and the "after party" wood fire pizza served for late night noshing. All the serving staff were super attentive and friendly. The whole night was magical and we couldn't have asked for a betting wedding and reception site.

Sent on 08/26/2019
  • Matthew

Matthew Boeckmann · Married on 07/05/2019

The Perfect Venue for A Wedding!

Getting married here honestly could not have been better and the location itself is truly unbeatable. Kristen (the event coordinator) was incredibly helpful and always responded to emails in a quick, courteous and professional manner. This made our lives much easier, especially considering that my (now) wife and I live in Germany and were living there while we were organising the wedding. The food was extraordinary and there were some really cool and unique additions to choose from like firing up the outdoor brick oven pizza station in the evening! I would unquestionably recommend this venue for any future couple looking for an unforgetable place to tie the knot.

Sent on 07/23/2019
  • Q

Quinn Karley · Married on 06/28/2019

Kristen and her Team are AMAZING to work with!!!

If you are thinking about having your wedding at the Canandaigua Country Club please know that we are over the moon happy with how everything went. We worked with their coordinator Kristen Harter. Coordinator is really an understatement. She is so easy to work with, kind, quick to respond and on the day of the event is a priceless resource. I didn't have to think about anything. Everything was seamless, so well executed, the food was AMAZING!!! We had the buffet, we had 110 people and everyone go through the line so quickly. We loved the Salmon and the cous cous salad especially. People complimented the beef , and the Brocoli Alfredo. The hand passed crab cakes were so good too. We felt so taken care of, so relaxed, calm and blissful. Kristen and her staff are something you will not find at every venue you consider. I have worked in events and catering and I feel confident writing this review. The tables were clean and in well spaced, the silverware and glasses all were sparkling, the executive chef was out on the buffet line to answer any questions, the chairs looked perfect, and the menu was varied enough for gluten free, vegetarian and dairy free eaters. I also had one guest who was vegan and she was so satisfied with her pasta dish. She said it was one of the best vegan meals she has had at a wedding.

Also, about the whole space, people were so nice, we could spread out and enjoy the chairs by the lake, the tables and the grassy area. The members of the country club were very nice and all of the staff were friendly. The whole venu was clean from the restaurant to the restroom/locker room.

Thank you Kristen for making our wedding so wonderful and relaxed!

Sent on 07/14/2019

Renee · Married on 06/22/2019

Thornton/Thompson Wedding Rehearsal Dinner

We had a beautiful wedding rehearsal dinner thanks to Kristen and the staff there that night. Food was absolutely delicious and the hosts were wonderful, helpful and accommodating, Kristen made it so easy pulling off this wonderful event! So much GREAT feedback from those that attended! THANK YOU!!!

Sent on 06/25/2019

Andrew · Married on 06/15/2019

THE best. You won't regret it!

We decided to move forward with Nolan's as our wedding caterer despite having other "more packaged" vendors. We DON'T regret that decision. The guests continue to call us to communicate how impressed they walked away. Many guests said it was the best food they've had. The seafood station was a HUGE hit. The mac and cheese bar has CLUMPS of lobster. It was amazing. Also, Kristen who led the charge for Nolan's had everything under control from day 1. She was fantastic.

Sent on 06/25/2019
  • Erin

Erin Sheridan · Married on 04/10/2019

Flawless Weekend of Events

My husband and I just got married at Nolan's on Canandaigua Lake at the Canandaigua Country Club and had a FLAWLESS experience. Truly, not one thing went wrong. From the start of planning, the team was responsive, knowledgeable, flexible and truly a pleasure to work with. We had a group that had varying dietary restrictions and they handled each and every request seriously and without pause. Because of their attention to detail throughout planning, I knew that when it came time for our wedding weekend, everything would be executed perfectly and they definitely delivered. Our wedding weekend was everything we had imagined it to be and more. We felt right at home with Kristen, Nick and their staff. Gracious, prompt, accommodating, fun, experts are just a few words that I would use to describe their team. Truly an amazing experience. Thank you!

Sent on 10/09/2019

Robyn Mance-Demay · Married on 11/30/2018

Holiday Party

We had a wonderful holiday party thanks to Kristin! She worked diligently to ensure everything was scheduled and designed exactly how we wanted it. Prices were reasonable, food was delicious and the service was impressive. We had an overwhelming number of RSVPs and Kristin worked diligently with us to accommodate the growth. We would highly recommend them as had a great experience at Nolan's.

Sent on 01/08/2019

Jamie · Married on 10/12/2018

I cannot express how wonderful the entire staff is at Nolan’s. We had my daughter’s wedding shower there today and everything was perfect. Kristen Harter is outstanding and allowed me to make changes and customize the shower with every wish i asked for. The food was fantastic, also exceeding my expectations. And what can you say about the beautiful venue on Canandaigua Lake......wow, wow, wow. And you know it’s special when all your guests tell how great it was. Thank you Kristen. Thank you Nolan’s.

Sent on 08/26/2018

Heather Jane · Married on 09/21/2018

Our wedding was a day we will never forget. Kristen and Nolan’s handled the entire process so beautifully. They were helpful and flexible with ideas and facilitating our vision for the day. We had emergency terrible weather (an actual tornado) in the middle of the reception, and I was afraid everything was blowing away. Kristen handled the the entire “event” in a great way - and less than half an hour later we were all back to laughing, dancing, eating and enjoying again with no one hurt, nothing ruined, and a great story to tell. The food and service was incredible, the forepit and s’mores provided a unique and super fun touch, and everyone who attended completely agrees. I can’t say enough great things!!!

Sent on 10/09/2018
  • Melissa

Melissa Andhor · Married on 09/08/2018

Incredible Food

The venue I chose had a contract with Nolan’s catering which required me to use their services, and for this I am thankful! Their food is incredible quality for a reasonable price. Kristen was helpful and honest during the planning process and made appropriate recommendations specific to our venue and set-up. We used Nolan’s for dinnerware which was more affordable than contracting another vendor. My guests have since raved about the passed hors d'oeuvres and dinner buffet.

Sent on 12/22/2018

Kim · Married on 09/01/2018

Nolan’s catered our daughters wedding at Heron Hill. Two weeks later I am still receiving compliments on how delicious the food was and the presentation. Highly recommend Nolan’s & their professional staff.

Sent on 09/18/2018

Caileen · Married on 09/01/2018

Best wedding venue ever!

There are no words to possible express how amazing CCC was for our wedding on September 1. From the moment we toured the venue, we fell in love. What sealed the deal with Kristen Harter. She is the MOST professional, kind, personable wedding vendor you will ever work with. Every email we sent (which were alot, for the record), she responded within minutes. Being in the industry myself, I definitely have high expectations for all vendors and was nervous that I wouldn't be able to relax on my wedding day because I would be so worried about the details. Well, I am thrilled to say that Kristen took away any worry I ever had and made our day PERFECT. It was a dream come true. Every single guest said it was the most beautiful venue, the best wedding food and the most excellent service . I recommend Nolan's at CCC 1000000 times over. Best day of our lives. Thank you, Kristen, and the entire Nolan's team!

Sent on 10/24/2018

Kayla · Married on 08/31/2018

I loved everything about this venue!! When my husband and I began looking for a venue close to Canandaigua we were looking for something indoors. My aunt suggested the country club and after 1 visit we knew this was the place we had to get married at! The food is made by Nolan’s, so it is so good, and they offered plated to buffet to grazing stations, which is what we went with. It gave such a nice relaxed feeling to our day. The location is beautiful, it made for gorgeous pictures, and a nice light breeze through the night. And I can’t say enough great things about Kristen, the coordinator! She is amazing, she answered any and all of my crazy questions within hours, which as a stressed out bride helped me so much during the planning process! I loved this venue so much!!

Sent on 09/07/2018

Mark · Married on 08/02/2018

Kristen and staff did a fantastic job on everything from start to finish. The chicken Skewers and wood fired pizza were loved by everyone there. Keep up the great work. Since I am starting an event planning business, please feel free to call on me if you need bands or anything else. Keep up the great work and best wishes always!

Sent on 08/10/2018

Kathy · Married on 07/31/2018

My husband's surprise 70th birthday party catered by Nolan's, was fabulous. I would not have changed a thing. Food was great, working with Kristin Harter, event planner, was a pleasure and the location simply can't be surpassed. All in all I could not have wished for more.

Sent on 08/08/2018

Erin · Married on 07/20/2018

The food was incredible and Kristen, Kim and their team were very professional. Our guests raved about the food and I highly recommend the grazing stations !! Thanks for such a great experience.

Sent on 07/29/2018

Amy · Married on 07/06/2018

Excellent service and food!!!!

Sent on 07/09/2018

Charlene · Married on 06/16/2018

Thank you, Nolan's, for supporting the Red Jacket High School Flying Club! Everyone raved about Nolan's Fly-in/Drive-in BBQ at the Canandaigua Airport. Our students raised enough funds for flying lessons and fuel costs for the summer! Thank you so much for all your support, responsiveness, service, and the great food you provided!

Sent on 06/18/2018

Nikki · Married on 06/16/2018

What an incredible experience we had with Nolan’s. They provided excellent service and advice about the entire process. Kristen was awesome to work with! Not only have people told us it was some of the best food they’ve had at a wedding the portions were huge! No one left hungry!

Sent on 07/10/2018

Ruth · Married on 06/16/2018

Nolans on Canandaigua Lake: Great place for a rehersal dinner.

Our evening at Nolans with friends and family went off with out a hitch. Staff was helpful, gracious, attentive, and very professional. The Italian buffet exceeded our expectaions. We received endless compliments from out guests as well.

Ruth and Bob Cooper

Sent on 08/30/2019

Santina · Married on 06/10/2018

Nolan's has amazing food! We booked a drop off catering for our small wedding of 36. We went with Nolan's from reviews alone, and had never tasted, we traveled from out of town so weren't able to try it. I am so glad we went with them. The food tasted amazing and the quality and price was awesome! All of our guests loved it. Kristen and her team were very quick to respond to me and any of our special requests. We highly recommend for your special day, or a vacation you may not want to cook for!

Sent on 06/12/2018

Richele · Married on 06/09/2018

Our wedding day was PERFECT!! We had the most beautiful back drop for our ceremony, the most helpful staff, wonderful food, amazing service! 4 months before my big day, I lost my wedding venue (long story) and my very first mercy call was to Kristen Harter at Nolan’s on the Lake. She instantly calmed me down and let me know that she would do everything she could to help me and Kristen definitely followed through. I did not have to worry about a single thing on my wedding day. If something went wrong, I still have no clue. I recommend using Morgan for set up and tair down, she is reasonably priced and does a great job! The food was amazing. All my guests cannot stop raving about what a wonderful wedding it was! Just perfect.

Sent on 06/18/2018